Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TangoCharlie123

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:40 pm

AA will he increasing their Miami service to 5x daily from 3x daily starting on November 2.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... nter-2021/

DakotaFlyer

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:43 pm

TangoCharlie123 wrote:
AA will he increasing their Miami service to 5x daily from 3x daily starting on November 2.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... nter-2021/

Miami is the "new Nashville"

Mboyle1988

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:32 am

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
"... inefficient time wise and very dangerous".....ok. How is this efficient use of time: Franklin to BNA and park 45 mins + BNA 45 mins + BNA-IND 45 mins + IND to Carmel 45 mins = 3+ hours and expense = $$$. That's presuming no traffic jams and flight is on time vs drive time @5 hours. During the drive you can be calling clients/colleagues and counting how much money you or your company saves. I doubt there is less truck traffic on 95 vs 65. Anyway, WN could choose to add BNA-IND only if it could attract enough connecting traffic. Highly doubtful as IND-MDW is like 1 flight/day and MDW is much bigger station (ie connections) than BNA.

Carmel is 327 miles from my house. Assuming 50 cents per mile reimbursement which is pretty standard, you’re looking at $327 round trip which is similar to the likely cost of a ticket.

Chicago is much closer to Indianapolis than Nashville and also has lots of competing flights.

You can’t email or work on a laptop in a car. Moreover, you’re at least a thousand times more likely to die driving than flying, which should be a substantial consideration. Driving is incredibly dangerous relative to most activities people do regularly. Of course I drive because I have to, but I aim to drive 500 miles or less monthly to reduce the risk.

"Chicago is much closer...(@100 miles closer) ...there is also far more business travelers IND-CHI than BNA-IND. Like I said, BNA-IND could happen but it would only work if you could get enough connecting pax...

33% closer is a lot.

How do you explain WN BNA-ATL which is closer and clearly works?

IADCA

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:56 am

Mboyle1988 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:

Carmel is 327 miles from my house. Assuming 50 cents per mile reimbursement which is pretty standard, you’re looking at $327 round trip which is similar to the likely cost of a ticket.

Chicago is much closer to Indianapolis than Nashville and also has lots of competing flights.

You can’t email or work on a laptop in a car. Moreover, you’re at least a thousand times more likely to die driving than flying, which should be a substantial consideration. Driving is incredibly dangerous relative to most activities people do regularly. Of course I drive because I have to, but I aim to drive 500 miles or less monthly to reduce the risk.

"Chicago is much closer...(@100 miles closer) ...there is also far more business travelers IND-CHI than BNA-IND. Like I said, BNA-IND could happen but it would only work if you could get enough connecting pax...

33% closer is a lot.

ATL is a much larger station (and city) than IND and both it and BNA have substantial connecting flows on WN.

bnabnabna

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:14 pm

Press release from the airport this morning, TSA is screening more outbound departure on average than 2019. By number of seats, BNA is now the 24th largest airport in the country.

More details here: https://flynashville.com/news/passenger-volume-and-nonstop-service-at-bna-on-the-rise

Passenger Volume and Nonstop Service at BNA® on the Rise
Passenger Numbers Higher than Pre-Pandemic Levels; Record Number of Nonstop Markets
NASHVILLE – Passenger volume continues to increase at Nashville International Airport®, with the average number of screened departures currently at 25,124 per day, which is greater than the 2019 pre-pandemic high of an average of 23,543 passengers per day. Additionally, the number of nonstop routes is at a record high of service to 88 markets.

“As the pandemic wanes, confidence has returned to air travel in Middle Tennessee, proving the strength of our market,” said Doug Kreulen, president and CEO of BNA. “We remain committed to working with our airline partners to provide a full range of travel options, and we foresee a bright future.”

Additional notes include:

• Daily commercial airline departures have increased to 251 departures per day, up from the pandemic low of 78 departures per day and just below BNA’s all-time high of 272 daily departures.

• For July 2021, comparing the seats coming into and out of BNA, the airport is the 24th largest in the United States, up from being 31st pre-pandemic.

Shakinthefat

Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:32 am

Just a matter of words but “largest” doesn’t seem to fit when talking seats in and out. Maybe....ranks 24th highest passenger count. That’s a lot of bachelorette parties flowing in and out of Berry field.

southwest1675

Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:55 pm

I’m curious if the LHR flight will actually start in August. I’m thinking it’ll be pushed back again though.

Cubsrule

Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:07 pm

IADCA wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

33% closer is a lot.

ATL is a much larger station (and city) than IND and both it and BNA have substantial connecting flows on WN.

All correct, but also Atlanta is in many ways the economic and cultural “capital” of the southeast, which drives a certain amount of traffic that simply isn’t present on IND-BNA. It’s not at all uncommon for people (across industries) in Nashville to need to visit the regional office of their employer in Atlanta. I imagine IND-CHI has a similar dynamic but I don’t know the business side of that market as well.

Shakinthefat

Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
IADCA wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:

33% closer is a lot.

All correct, but also Atlanta is in many ways the economic and cultural “capital” of the southeast, which drives a certain amount of traffic that simply isn’t present on IND-BNA. It’s not at all uncommon for people (across industries) in Nashville to need to visit the regional office of their employer in Atlanta. I imagine IND-CHI has a similar dynamic but I don’t know the business side of that market as well.

Not familiar with CHI. You mean Merrill C. Meigs Field Airport (ICAO: KCGX)? It’s closed, demolished by the mayor.

Cubsrule

Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:59 pm

Shakinthefat wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
IADCA wrote:

Not familiar with CHI. You mean Merrill C. Meigs Field Airport (ICAO: KCGX)? It’s closed, demolished by the mayor.

CHI is the IATA city code, which encompasses ORD and MDW and would have encompassed CGX when it was open. This link has a complete list of IATA airport and city codes.

IADCA

Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:49 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
IADCA wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:

33% closer is a lot.

That I well know. I live most of the time approximately halfway between Nashville and Atlanta. Yet everything here is oriented towards Atlanta, not Nashville.

Runway765

Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:25 pm

bnabnabna wrote:
Press release from the airport this morning, TSA is screening more outbound departure on average than 2019. By number of seats, BNA is now the 24th largest airport in the country.

More details here: https://flynashville.com/news/passenger-volume-and-nonstop-service-at-bna-on-the-rise

Passenger Volume and Nonstop Service at BNA® on the Rise
Passenger Numbers Higher than Pre-Pandemic Levels; Record Number of Nonstop Markets
NASHVILLE – Passenger volume continues to increase at Nashville International Airport®, with the average number of screened departures currently at 25,124 per day, which is greater than the 2019 pre-pandemic high of an average of 23,543 passengers per day. Additionally, the number of nonstop routes is at a record high of service to 88 markets.

“As the pandemic wanes, confidence has returned to air travel in Middle Tennessee, proving the strength of our market,” said Doug Kreulen, president and CEO of BNA. “We remain committed to working with our airline partners to provide a full range of travel options, and we foresee a bright future.”

Additional notes include:

• Daily commercial airline departures have increased to 251 departures per day, up from the pandemic low of 78 departures per day and just below BNA’s all-time high of 272 daily departures.

• For July 2021, comparing the seats coming into and out of BNA, the airport is the 24th largest in the United States, up from being 31st pre-pandemic.

Hopefully, this means the Concourse A rebuild will get back on track.

ZazuPIT

Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:34 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
I’m curious if the LHR flight will actually start in August. I’m thinking it’ll be pushed back again though.

It appears to have been pulled for August. It's showing in September, but I'm starting to wonder if it's gone until next summer.

hollywoodcory

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:31 pm

WS plans to resume YYZ-BNA 2x weekly starting August 5 on Thursdays and Sundays.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/flights/i ... l-schedule

Kbud

Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:33 pm

Are there plans for more dining options in the C concourse? Wow, there is a massive shortage.

skitchie

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:01 pm

Kbud wrote:
Are there plans for more dining options in the C concourse? Wow, there is a massive shortage.

You should see A and B if you think C is rough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N628AU

Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:47 pm

In the airport now for the first time since the start of the pandemic and the dining options are atrocious. Nothing on D, only two choices on C with no real place to sit. I’ll cut them some slack with Covid but Fraport missing the mark so far.

jplatts

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:11 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:
I cannot understand the following holes in WN’s network at BNA:

IND (it’s nearly a five hour drive!!)
CVG
RIC
GSP
PBI
JAC
LIT
TUL
GRR

All of these seem like points WN would want to connect through BNA. IND in particular makes no sense to me. It’s not really drivable and is a major market.

The average PDEW of BNA-CVG has never exceeded 20 passengers/day in the last 14 years, even prior to the DL-NW merger. It probably makes more sense for WN to add CVG-ATL nonstop service with (a) ATL being further from CVG, (b) WN likely to get more O&D on ATL-CVG than on BNA-CVG, (c) WN having average load factors of over 60% on nonstop service to ATL from surrounding markets such as CMH, IND, and SDF in February 2021 and March 2021, and (d) the connecting opportunities that are available to other destinations in the South through ATL on WN.

The situation is similar on BNA-IND as the average PDEW of BNA-IND has never exceeded 13 passengers/day in the last 18 years. The lack of WN BNA-IND nonstop service also became less of an issue with the WN-FL merger and WN inheriting IND-ATL nonstop service through the WN-FL merger.

O&D demand was also significantly lower on the majority of the domestic nonstop routes shorter than 300 miles in the April 2020 - December 2020 period due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

There is less of a need for WN RIC-BNA nonstop service with WN having recently added RIC-MDW/DEN nonstop service along with the connections that WN already offers to most of its contiguous U.S. destinations from RIC through ATL, MDW, and DEN. WN also has offered connections onto its ATL-RIC nonstop flights from BNA for almost 3 years. A significant amount of the RIC-BNA O&D demand is also on airlines other than WN, including G4 BNA-RIC nonstop flights, AA BNA-CLT-RIC connections, and DL BNA-ATL-RIC connections.

WN adding BNA-JAN nonstop service might possibly make sense with the connecting opportunities that would be there to the Midwest and East Coast through BNA on WN.

WN adding BNA-LIT/TUL might also make sense with the limited amount of nonstop service to points east that is currently there out of both LIT and TUL on WN (1x LIT-ATL, 1x LIT-STL, and 1x TUL-STL). WN also already has established FF bases in the LIT and TUL markets to support BNA-LIT/TUL nonstop service on WN due to the longstanding WN presence in both markets.

WN re-adding GSP-BNA nonstop service might be a possibility with WN having made some cuts at ATL in the last 2 years along with the connecting opportunities that would be there to some destinations that WN doesn't currently serve nonstop from ATL such as BUR, ORD, DTW, IAH, LAX, MSP, OAK, SLC, SJC, and SEA. I had also previously mentioned the possibility of WN re-adding GSP-MDW nonstop service with WN previously able to make GSP-MDW nonstop service work during the summertime, along with the connecting opportunities that are available through MDW on WN.

The return of WN GSP-MDW nonstop service likely makes more sense than the return of WN GSP-BNA nonstop service with
(a) WN likely to get more O&D on GSP-MDW (due to MDW being further from GSP, Chicago being a much bigger market than Nashville, and WN having more O&D on GSP-MDW than on GSP-BNA 8 years ago),
(b) WN having more nonstop service out of MDW to the Western U.S., and
(c) more connecting opportunities available through MDW on WN than through BNA on WN.

WN had resumed BNA-PBI nonstop service on a seasonal basis in March 2021, and I would likely expect WN to resume BNA-PBI nonstop service in Spring 2022 with WN getting an average load factor of 78.40% on BNA-PBI nonstop service in March 2021.

WN adding GRR-BNA nonstop service might be a possibility with the O&D that WN would be getting on GRR-BNA along with the connections that WN would be offering to some other destinations in the South through BNA. WN has also recently made some other adds out of GRR such as the increase of GRR-MCO nonstop service to daily nonstop service during the summertime and the recent addition of Saturday-only GRR-SRQ nonstop service.

TangoCharlie123

Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:54 pm

B6 LGA twice daily service announced to begin March 27, 2022.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... ce-update/

DakotaFlyer

Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Just came across a job posting for an FIS agent at BNA. Would this be for the return of British Airlines or perhaps a new route?

southwest1675

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:35 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
Just came across a job posting for an FIS agent at BNA. Would this be for the return of British Airlines or perhaps a new route?

Perhaps BA, or they’re short staffed for the Saturday Cancun flights.

southwest1675

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:33 pm

Rumor on the street is that Breeze will announce BNA next month. We’ll see

stl07

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:48 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Rumor on the street is that Breeze will announce BNA next month. We’ll see

I'm not holding my breath but it they do, then that will be cool

BangersAndMash

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:16 pm

MX launching from another severely underserved market. My, so much connectivity! :roll:

DakotaFlyer

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:21 am

Just a fun "what if" thought I had earlier today. If you could build another commercial airport in Tennessee, where would it go? My suggestion would be Cookville. The city is a growing Micro area (100k+) and is over 90 minutes to both TYS and BNA. It would also perhaps attract McMinnville and Crossville residents. One big issue in this hypothetical is the median income outside of Cookville gets pretty low, so not a lot of additional meat on the bone for non-business flyers.

AVLAirlineFreq

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:54 am

DakotaFlyer wrote:
Just a fun "what if" thought I had earlier today. If you could build another commercial airport in Tennessee, where would it go? My suggestion would be Cookville. The city is a growing Micro area (100k+) and is over 90 minutes to both TYS and BNA. It would also perhaps attract McMinnville and Crossville residents. One big issue in this hypothetical is the median income outside of Cookville gets pretty low, so not a lot of additional meat on the bone for non-business flyers.

Since this is purely hypothetical...I'd probably go with Clarksville. Between Fort Campbell and the ability to draw from southern Kentucky, I'd think there would be at least some draw for someone like G4 to Florida a few times a week.

rexchase12

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:06 am

How about Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge?

IADCA

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:01 pm

rexchase12 wrote:
How about Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge?

Why? Dollywood is an hour from TYS and it'd get seasonal service at very best.

Shakinthefat

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Because Dolly would foot the Bill!

Cubsrule

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:

Since this is purely hypothetical...I'd probably go with Clarksville. Between Fort Campbell and the ability to draw from southern Kentucky, I'd think there would be at least some draw for someone like G4 to Florida a few times a week.

CKV has a 6,000 foot runway. It would probably need to be widened to support commercial service, but it's not far from where it would need to be length-wise.

southwest1675

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:20 pm

A GA airport in Williamson County would be neat.

Shakinthefat

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:33 am

southwest1675 wrote:

Maybe Tim/Faith or the Judds would build it, somewhere near 840 for easy access.

rexchase12

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:11 am

southwest1675 wrote:

Spring Hill (Williamson Co side) maybe better with the GM plant nearby.

reednavy

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:12 pm

Good luck with anything like that in Spring Hill and any corner of Williamson County. John C. Tune (JWN) & Smyrna/Rutherford County (MQY) hold the GA traffic pretty well.

And from what I know on the DOD-side, the TN Air National Guard will be moving most, if not all, of their operations from BNA to MQY in accordance with BNA's future plans.

southwest1675

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 am

reednavy wrote:
Good luck with anything like that in Spring Hill and any corner of Williamson County. John C. Tune (JWN) & Smyrna/Rutherford County (MQY) hold the GA traffic pretty well.

And from what I know on the DOD-side, the TN Air National Guard will be moving most, if not all, of their operations from BNA to MQY in accordance with BNA's future plans.

There was an airport in Cool Springs for many years. It was destroyed in a Tornado in the 90s. Somewhere between Thompsons Station and Franklin might work. Rich people would have to support it of course.

dafunk10

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 am

southwest1675 wrote:
reednavy wrote:

There was an airport in Cool Springs for many years. It was destroyed in a Tornado in the 90s. Somewhere between Thompsons Station and Franklin might work. Rich people would have to support it of course.

We’ve discussed this in the past, but the NIMBY factor would be intense RE: putting an airport in WillCo.

southwest1675

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:42 pm

dafunk10 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
reednavy wrote:

We’ve discussed this in the past, but the NIMBY factor would be intense RE: putting an airport in WillCo.

Indeed. I remember the melt down residents had over 840.

Shakinthefat

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:24 am

Especially Wynona Judd and the stake burning.

southwest1675

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Contour finally adding BNA-IND. Curious to see how it does. The times seem a little meh in my opinion for business travel.

skitchie

Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:21 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Saw Swissport is hiring ramp in BNA. Who’s contract are they picking up? Is there a potentially new carrier coming to town?

Swissport does all of the heavy cargo charters that come here. Atlas, Kalitta, Polar, that Antonov that came in a few weeks ago, etc. Not saying that there aren't new airlines coming to town, but Swissport being Swissport it's fully possible that they're just short staffed on the work they're already doing.

jplatts

Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of BNA in May 2021:
ATL-BNA - 18018 passengers, 24700 seats, 72.95% load factor
AUS-BNA - 25660 passengers, 29025 seats, 88.41% load factor
BDL-BNA - 7789 passengers, 8998 seats, 86.56% load factor
BNA-BOS - 16319 passengers, 17889 seats, 91.22% load factor
BNA-BUR - 5472 passengers, 6864 seats, 79.72% load factor
BNA-BWI - 31174 passengers, 38865 seats, 80.21% load factor
BNA-CHS - 13668 passengers, 18231 seats, 74.97% load factor
BNA-CLE - 15061 passengers, 16560 seats, 90.95% load factor
BNA-CLT - 7575 passengers, 9809 seats, 77.22% load factor
BNA-CMH - 12532 passengers, 14893 seats, 84.15% load factor
BNA-DAL - 34777 passengers, 42243 seats, 82.33% load factor
BNA-DCA - 18707 passengers, 24882 seats, 75.18% load factor
BNA-DEN - 38208 passengers, 44755 seats, 85.37% load factor
BNA-DTW - 16329 passengers, 19859 seats, 82.22% load factor
BNA-ECP - 21573 passengers, 26749 seats, 80.65% load factor
BNA-FLL - 22181 passengers, 29440 seats, 75.34% load factor
BNA-HOU - 27540 passengers, 34225 seats, 80.47% load factor
BNA-IAH - 13152 passengers, 24882 seats, 52.86% load factor
BNA-JAX - 14464 passengers, 16131 seats, 89.67% load factor
BNA-LAS - 21031 passengers, 23432 seats, 89.75% load factor
BNA-LAX - 16286 passengers, 18220 seats, 89.39% load factor
BNA-LGA - 15315 passengers, 17623 seats, 86.90% load factor
BNA-MCI - 23541 passengers, 25620 seats, 91.89% load factor
BNA-MCO - 41221 passengers, 47223 seats, 87.29% load factor
BNA-MDW - 32454 passengers, 41989 seats, 77.29% load factor
BNA-MIA - 13534 passengers, 17303 seats, 78.22% load factor
BNA-MKE - 15052 passengers, 17864 seats, 84.26% load factor
BNA-MSP - 5095 passengers, 6042 seats, 84.33% load factor
BNA-MSY - 19861 passengers, 21694 seats, 91.55% load factor
BNA-MYR - 3374 passengers, 4862 seats, 69.40% load factor
BNA-OAK - 8918 passengers, 9350 seats, 95.38% load factor
BNA-ORD - 13708 passengers, 24739 seats, 55.41% load factor
BNA-ORF - 7429 passengers, 8966 seats, 82.86% load factor
BNA-PHL - 17631 passengers, 19214 seats, 91.76% load factor
BNA-PHX - 30585 passengers, 37112 seats, 82.41% load factor
BNA-PIT - 15490 passengers, 17057 seats, 90.81% load factor
BNA-PNS - 16786 passengers, 21866 seats, 76.77% load factor
BNA-RDU - 17880 passengers, 19460 seats, 91.88% load factor
BNA-RSW - 7885 passengers, 9888 seats, 79.74% load factor
BNA-SAN - 8973 passengers, 9698 seats, 92.52% load factor
BNA-SAT - 14172 passengers, 16545 seats, 85.66% load factor
BNA-SAV - 7621 passengers, 9152 seats, 83.27% load factor
BNA-SJC - 6312 passengers, 7007 seats, 90.08% load factor
BNA-SJU - 1122 passengers, 1430 seats, 78.46% load factor
BNA-SLC - 1036 passengers, 1430 seats, 72.45% load factor
BNA-SNA - 7973 passengers, 8866 seats, 89.93% load factor
BNA-SRQ - 11617 passengers, 17589 seats, 66.05% load factor
BNA-STL - 20942 passengers, 26238 seats, 79.82% load factor
BNA-TPA - 25089 passengers, 30710 seats, 81.70% load factor
BNA-VPS - 14047 passengers, 22756 seats, 61.73% load factor

dafunk10

Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:41 am

Wow…..do you have that data for other airlines?

jplatts

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:11 am

dafunk10 wrote:
Wow…..do you have that data for other airlines?

I have already downloaded the T-100 Domestic Segment data for the January 2021 through May 2021 period, which includes data about number of passengers and number of seats on most of the domestic airlines, including WN, AA, DL, UA, AS, G4, F9, HA, B6, WN, NK, and SY.

FlyingElvii

Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 am

Cubsrule wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:

CKV has a 6,000 foot runway. It would probably need to be widened to support commercial service, but it's not far from where it would need to be length-wise.

CKV is generally pretty crowded airspace already. Take a look at a sectional chart for the area.

Where an airport is needed is South of Nashville. A big percentage of Nashville’s money is down there, and lots of GA demand. The area all the way down to Saturn is pretty much built out now, but south of there close to I-65 would work, or along and south of 840.

Maury County airport is too far away to really draw from the East or south areas.

Cubsrule

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:03 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

CKV is generally pretty crowded airspace already. Take a look at a sectional chart for the area.

Where an airport is needed is South of Nashville. A big percentage of Nashville’s money is down there, and lots of GA demand. The area all the way down to Saturn is pretty much built out now, but south of there close to I-65 would work, or along and south of 840.

Maury County airport is too far away to really draw from the East or south areas.

Wouldn't this hypothetical south airport be so far south that it wouldn't be time-competitive with BNA/JWN/MQY for folks who live in, say, Brentwood or Westhaven?

southwest1675

Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

Wouldn't this hypothetical south airport be so far south that it wouldn't be time-competitive with BNA/JWN/MQY for folks who live in, say, Brentwood or Westhaven?

I always thought a 5000ft asphalt strip with some hangars in Franklin or Thompsons Station would see some success. A decent chunk of pilots who have their birds at BNA satellite airports live in Wilco.

bnabnabna

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:43 pm

July 2021 Passengers Numbers are out.

Here's link to the report: https://flynashville.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/072021TotalPassengers.pdf

Total of 1,700,159 passengers. This is up 174.5% over 2020, and up 1.3%, a total of 21,994 passengers vs. July 2019!

Hopefully this trend continues, and we get back to the strong growth BNA was seeing pre-pandemic.

Jshank83

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Contour adding 5x weekly to GSP

Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) to Nashville, TN (BNA) beginning November 17, 2021. GSP will be the first airport in South Carolina to offer scheduled Contour Airlines service. Contour Airlines will offer the only nonstop service from the Upstate region to Music City.

The new service will operate five times each week, excluding Tuesdays and Saturdays.

jplatts

Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Contour adding 5x weekly to GSP

Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) to Nashville, TN (BNA) beginning November 17, 2021. GSP will be the first airport in South Carolina to offer scheduled Contour Airlines service. Contour Airlines will offer the only nonstop service from the Upstate region to Music City.

The new service will operate five times each week, excluding Tuesdays and Saturdays.

While WN would be able to offer connections from GSP through BNA if WN re-adds GSP-BNA nonstop service, LF can probably more easily fill GSP-BNA nonstop flights as LF only needs to fill a 30-seat ERJ-135 plane whereas WN would need to fill a 143-seat 737-700 plane.

Demand for WN service out of GSP was also higher in April 2021 than in April 2019.

dfdubflyer

Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:09 pm

I was in BNA for the first time since last October this weekend (Sunday and Monday) due to a cancelled flight. WOW the airport is back and as busy as ever (as the numbers indicated I suppose). Loving the huge steel archway that will eventually connect the garages to the terminal area. Our old airport was functional but this one will be striking

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos