Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Thomaas
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:58 pm

idjim319 wrote:
Moving past the executive pay issue, I have some questions. What is AC going to realistically fly this summer? There are two networks at play -- Air Canada Mainline and Rouge. Given Rouge was allowing AC to grow hugely into secondary markets, what does AC plan to do without the 767s. For example, Berlin, Prague, and Budepest seem essential destinations for an airline like AC trying to be another global airline, drawing from US customers.

Is there any chance of those 767s being brought back for awhile. There must be more A333 or even A332 available at attractive prices. The fleet commonality is there.

AC needs a plane to serve routes that don't require the signature cabin. I flew Rouge NCE-YUL and it was exactly right for my vacation. I don't see may people paying full J on that same route.

Thoughts??


I’m unsure whether the 767s will ever be back, given that the pilot group has been retrained and the frames were getting up there in age and would require replacement from the mid-2020s. Without the 767s, AC will be short on capacity for years to come, they’re running 77Ws on YYZ-MCO during the holidays for example to make up for the shortfall, but once international traffic normalizes there’s likely better places to deploy those heavy frames than a less than 3-hour flight.

I think the best replacement is likely A330s in a PY/Y configuration, which they can use for sun destinations in the winter and secondary Europe for the summer. The big question is whether the frames will be operated by Rouge or Mainline. I don’t think many European Rouge markets can support 28+ J seats.
 
9252fly
Posts: 1221
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:19 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:34 pm

Thomaas wrote:
idjim319 wrote:
Moving past the executive pay issue, I have some questions. What is AC going to realistically fly this summer? There are two networks at play -- Air Canada Mainline and Rouge. Given Rouge was allowing AC to grow hugely into secondary markets, what does AC plan to do without the 767s. For example, Berlin, Prague, and Budepest seem essential destinations for an airline like AC trying to be another global airline, drawing from US customers.

Is there any chance of those 767s being brought back for awhile. There must be more A333 or even A332 available at attractive prices. The fleet commonality is there.

AC needs a plane to serve routes that don't require the signature cabin. I flew Rouge NCE-YUL and it was exactly right for my vacation. I don't see may people paying full J on that same route.

Thoughts??


I don’t think many European Rouge markets can support 28+ J seats.


There's nothing stopping AC from re-configuring the J cabins with less seats and increasing the seating in the premium and/or economy cabins.
 
777luver
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:59 pm

9252fly wrote:
Thomaas wrote:
idjim319 wrote:
Moving past the executive pay issue, I have some questions. What is AC going to realistically fly this summer? There are two networks at play -- Air Canada Mainline and Rouge. Given Rouge was allowing AC to grow hugely into secondary markets, what does AC plan to do without the 767s. For example, Berlin, Prague, and Budepest seem essential destinations for an airline like AC trying to be another global airline, drawing from US customers.

Is there any chance of those 767s being brought back for awhile. There must be more A333 or even A332 available at attractive prices. The fleet commonality is there.

AC needs a plane to serve routes that don't require the signature cabin. I flew Rouge NCE-YUL and it was exactly right for my vacation. I don't see may people paying full J on that same route.

Thoughts??


I don’t think many European Rouge markets can support 28+ J seats.


There's nothing stopping AC from re-configuring the J cabins with less seats and increasing the seating in the premium and/or economy cabins.


I doubt they will do this as they just wrapped up reconfiguring all A330s to 787 style J,PY, and Y seating/interiors. Never say never though in a few years time maybe it will make sense
 
777luver
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:59 pm

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-en ... -1.5462527

Feds ending 14 day quarantine and hotel stay
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 1460
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:02 pm

777luver wrote:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-ending-hotel-stay-14-day-quarantines-for-fully-vaccinated-canadian-travellers-sources-1.5462527

Feds ending 14 day quarantine and hotel stay

…for fully vaccinated Canadian citizens and permanent residents. No foreigners allowed yet.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3249
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:52 pm

aerolimani wrote:
777luver wrote:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-ending-hotel-stay-14-day-quarantines-for-fully-vaccinated-canadian-travellers-sources-1.5462527

Feds ending 14 day quarantine and hotel stay

…for fully vaccinated Canadian citizens and permanent residents. No foreigners allowed yet.


There is no firm date even for that.
 
User avatar
cirrusdragoon
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:17 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
aerolimani wrote:
777luver wrote:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-ending-hotel-stay-14-day-quarantines-for-fully-vaccinated-canadian-travellers-sources-1.5462527

Feds ending 14 day quarantine and hotel stay

…for fully vaccinated Canadian citizens and permanent residents. No foreigners allowed yet.


There is no firm date even for that.


Come july it is live
https://globalnews.ca/news/7934298/covi ... ne-canada/
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3249
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:20 pm

cirrusdragoon wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
aerolimani wrote:
…for fully vaccinated Canadian citizens and permanent residents. No foreigners allowed yet.


There is no firm date even for that.


Come july it is live
https://globalnews.ca/news/7934298/covi ... ne-canada/


It is very vague. I'll believe it when there is a firm date announced.
 
EdmFlyBoi
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:40 pm

Thomaas wrote:
idjim319 wrote:
Moving past the executive pay issue, I have some questions. What is AC going to realistically fly this summer? There are two networks at play -- Air Canada Mainline and Rouge. Given Rouge was allowing AC to grow hugely into secondary markets, what does AC plan to do without the 767s. For example, Berlin, Prague, and Budepest seem essential destinations for an airline like AC trying to be another global airline, drawing from US customers.

Is there any chance of those 767s being brought back for awhile. There must be more A333 or even A332 available at attractive prices. The fleet commonality is there.

AC needs a plane to serve routes that don't require the signature cabin. I flew Rouge NCE-YUL and it was exactly right for my vacation. I don't see may people paying full J on that same route.

Thoughts??


I’m unsure whether the 767s will ever be back, given that the pilot group has been retrained and the frames were getting up there in age and would require replacement from the mid-2020s. Without the 767s, AC will be short on capacity for years to come, they’re running 77Ws on YYZ-MCO during the holidays for example to make up for the shortfall, but once international traffic normalizes there’s likely better places to deploy those heavy frames than a less than 3-hour flight.

I think the best replacement is likely A330s in a PY/Y configuration, which they can use for sun destinations in the winter and secondary Europe for the summer. The big question is whether the frames will be operated by Rouge or Mainline. I don’t think many European Rouge markets can support 28+ J seats.


There will be lots of opportunity to acquire frames if and when travel picks up. Mainline will have 37 787's, 24 777's and 16 A330's to cover overseas flying. Certainly for this winter, the existing wide body capacity will cover the high demand routes, including Florida, Mexico, and the Caribbean. I'd reckon that there will be travellers with some extra cash to spend who spring for J on a flight they may not have considered in the past, especially if fares are what they have been as of late. I'm sure AC will look at demand into summer of 2022 and if the demand is there, will bring aircraft in to meet it.
 
yyztpa
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:10 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:44 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
cirrusdragoon wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

There is no firm date even for that.


Come july it is live
https://globalnews.ca/news/7934298/covi ... ne-canada/


It is very vague. I'll believe it when there is a firm date announced.


How would this then apply to Canadian citizens who were vaccinated out of country. Snowbirds case in point.
 
Skywatcher
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:19 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:36 am

Whatever the upcoming change trust the Federal government to bungle it like the last disasterous change (3 day crowded hotel stay for $2,000,then a 14 day quarantine after being negative tested and even if vaccinated). It took them the better part of a year to set up a testing program at 4 airports for a couple of thousand people per day (a few hundred at each airport). I believe that millions of the "instant tests" they purchased are still sitting in warehouses unused. Pathetic all around. Don't expect anything better going forward.
 
crosscheckyyz
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:44 am

yyztpa wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
cirrusdragoon wrote:


It is very vague. I'll believe it when there is a firm date announced.


How would this then apply to Canadian citizens who were vaccinated out of country. Snowbirds case in point.



I don't think much would change. They would still receive certificate of vaccination in the US, or other country, showing the vaccine(s) administered, the type, place etc and just show it upon entry.
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 1460
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:37 am

crosscheckyyz wrote:
yyztpa wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

It is very vague. I'll believe it when there is a firm date announced.


How would this then apply to Canadian citizens who were vaccinated out of country. Snowbirds case in point.



I don't think much would change. They would still receive certificate of vaccination in the US, or other country, showing the vaccine(s) administered, the type, place etc and just show it upon entry.

And, they’re still requiring pre-flight tests and a test on arrival. Plus, you are still required to quarantine at home until you receive notice of a negative test result from the airport test. So presumably, a person, who faked vaccination documents would be caught if they have a positive test result. Obviously, that might not catch every last case, but still, pretty good I would think.

Anyhow… we’re drifting off into non-av territory.
 
Skywatcher
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:19 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:06 am

I do agree with one of the changes however. Non vaccinated people should not be allowed to fly at all among other limitations. There should be consequences for anti-social behavoir.
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:44 pm

So I always like to keep track of what AC offers in terms of transcontinental flights for the peak July-August summer season. It's nice to have data to compare from one year to the next.

Suffice it to say that this summer has a lot of uncertainties, but as of today, this is what I see for July and August. I have not included Mexico and the Carribean. And yes, I know, this WILL change ;-)

ORIGIN-DESTINATION / FLIGHT / EQP / DAYS / REMARKS
(-) means daily

YYZ-DUB AC 800 789 357
YYZ-LIS AC 810 788 1246 Days 1-2 from Aug.
YYZ-MUC AC 836 789 357 From Aug. 1
YYZ-FRA AC 840 77W (-)
YYZ-LHR AC 854 789 1357 From Aug. 2
AC 856 77W (-)
YYZ-CDG AC 872 789 (-) From Aug. 2
YYZ-ZRH AC 880 789 246
YYZ-VIE AC 886 789 357 From Jul. 21
YYZ-FCO AC 890 789 135 Day 1 from Aug.
YYZ-ATH AC 896 77W 24567 Days 5-7 from Aug.

YUL-LIS AC 812 788 357 Days 3-5 from Aug. only
YUL-BRU AC 832 789 13567 Day 6 from Aug. only
YUL-FRA AC 844 789 (-) Day 3 from Aug. only
YUL-LHR AC 864 333 247 From Aug. 3
YUL-CDG AC 870 77W (-)
YUL-LYS AC 876 333 246 From Aug. 3
YUL-GVA AC 884 789 247 From Jul. 22
YUL-FCO AC 892 789 46 Day 4 from Aug. only
YUL-ATH AC 898 77W 1357¸ Days 1-3 from Aug. only

YVR-LHR AC 860 789 (-) Days 2-6 from Aug. only

YYC-FRA AC 848 789 357 From Jul. 16
YYC-LHR AC 850 789 246 From Aug. 3

YYZ-GRU AC 090 789 146 From Aug. 2
YYZ-BOG AC 094 788 135

YUL-BOG AC 098 788 46 From Aug. 5

YYZ-HKG AC 015 789 1457 Days 1-5 from Jul. 22
YYZ-NRT AC 021 789 123567 Various dates
YYZ-ICN-PVG AC 027 77W 47
YYZ-ICN AC 061 789 15
YYZ-DEL AC 042 789 (-)
YYZ-DXB AC 056 789 246
YYZ-DOH AC 058 789 2456
YYZ-TLV AC 080 789 12456 Day 1-5 from Aug.

YUL-CMN AC 070 333 1357
YUL-CAI AC 074 788 246
YUL-TLV AC 082 788 37 From Jul. 21

YVR-NRT AC 003 789 1246 Day 1 from Aug.
YVR-HKG AC 007 789 2367
YVR-ICN-PVG AC 025 77W 25
YVR-ICN AC 063 789 37
YVR-DEL AC 044 789 (-) From Jul. 31

YVR-HNL AC 519 7M8 157 From Aug. 1
YVR-OGG AC 537 7M8 246 From Aug. 3
 
HJM
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:47 pm

Interesting that no 77L anywhere there.
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:16 pm

HJM wrote:
Interesting that no 77L anywhere there.


They're all still parked in the desert. Not sure if they will return to passenger service (but I'm just speculating - I have no source). Sad as it is such a beautiful aircraft.
 
User avatar
AC853
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:00 am

matt wrote:
So I always like to keep track of what AC offers in terms of transcontinental flights for the peak July-August summer season. It's nice to have data to compare from one year to the next.

Suffice it to say that this summer has a lot of uncertainties, but as of today, this is what I see for July and August. I have not included Mexico and the Carribean. And yes, I know, this WILL change ;-)

ORIGIN-DESTINATION / FLIGHT / EQP / DAYS / REMARKS
(-) means daily

YYZ-DUB AC 800 789 357
YYZ-LIS AC 810 788 1246 Days 1-2 from Aug.
YYZ-MUC AC 836 789 357 From Aug. 1
YYZ-FRA AC 840 77W (-)
YYZ-LHR AC 854 789 1357 From Aug. 2
AC 856 77W (-)
YYZ-CDG AC 872 789 (-) From Aug. 2
YYZ-ZRH AC 880 789 246
YYZ-VIE AC 886 789 357 From Jul. 21
YYZ-FCO AC 890 789 135 Day 1 from Aug.
YYZ-ATH AC 896 77W 24567 Days 5-7 from Aug.

YUL-LIS AC 812 788 357 Days 3-5 from Aug. only
YUL-BRU AC 832 789 13567 Day 6 from Aug. only
YUL-FRA AC 844 789 (-) Day 3 from Aug. only
YUL-LHR AC 864 333 247 From Aug. 3
YUL-CDG AC 870 77W (-)
YUL-LYS AC 876 333 246 From Aug. 3
YUL-GVA AC 884 789 247 From Jul. 22
YUL-FCO AC 892 789 46 Day 4 from Aug. only
YUL-ATH AC 898 77W 1357¸ Days 1-3 from Aug. only

YVR-LHR AC 860 789 (-) Days 2-6 from Aug. only

YYC-FRA AC 848 789 357 From Jul. 16
YYC-LHR AC 850 789 246 From Aug. 3

YYZ-GRU AC 090 789 146 From Aug. 2
YYZ-BOG AC 094 788 135

YUL-BOG AC 098 788 46 From Aug. 5

YYZ-HKG AC 015 789 1457 Days 1-5 from Jul. 22
YYZ-NRT AC 021 789 123567 Various dates
YYZ-ICN-PVG AC 027 77W 47
YYZ-ICN AC 061 789 15
YYZ-DEL AC 042 789 (-)
YYZ-DXB AC 056 789 246
YYZ-DOH AC 058 789 2456
YYZ-TLV AC 080 789 12456 Day 1-5 from Aug.

YUL-CMN AC 070 333 1357
YUL-CAI AC 074 788 246
YUL-TLV AC 082 788 37 From Jul. 21

YVR-NRT AC 003 789 1246 Day 1 from Aug.
YVR-HKG AC 007 789 2367
YVR-ICN-PVG AC 025 77W 25
YVR-ICN AC 063 789 37
YVR-DEL AC 044 789 (-) From Jul. 31

YVR-HNL AC 519 7M8 157 From Aug. 1
YVR-OGG AC 537 7M8 246 From Aug. 3

Just wondering why no service to AMS.
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:39 am

AC853 wrote:
matt wrote:
So I always like to keep track of what AC offers in terms of transcontinental flights for the peak July-August summer season. It's nice to have data to compare from one year to the next.

Suffice it to say that this summer has a lot of uncertainties, but as of today, this is what I see for July and August. I have not included Mexico and the Carribean. And yes, I know, this WILL change ;-)

ORIGIN-DESTINATION / FLIGHT / EQP / DAYS / REMARKS
(-) means daily

YYZ-DUB AC 800 789 357
YYZ-LIS AC 810 788 1246 Days 1-2 from Aug.
YYZ-MUC AC 836 789 357 From Aug. 1
YYZ-FRA AC 840 77W (-)
YYZ-LHR AC 854 789 1357 From Aug. 2
AC 856 77W (-)
YYZ-CDG AC 872 789 (-) From Aug. 2
YYZ-ZRH AC 880 789 246
YYZ-VIE AC 886 789 357 From Jul. 21
YYZ-FCO AC 890 789 135 Day 1 from Aug.
YYZ-ATH AC 896 77W 24567 Days 5-7 from Aug.

YUL-LIS AC 812 788 357 Days 3-5 from Aug. only
YUL-BRU AC 832 789 13567 Day 6 from Aug. only
YUL-FRA AC 844 789 (-) Day 3 from Aug. only
YUL-LHR AC 864 333 247 From Aug. 3
YUL-CDG AC 870 77W (-)
YUL-LYS AC 876 333 246 From Aug. 3
YUL-GVA AC 884 789 247 From Jul. 22
YUL-FCO AC 892 789 46 Day 4 from Aug. only
YUL-ATH AC 898 77W 1357¸ Days 1-3 from Aug. only

YVR-LHR AC 860 789 (-) Days 2-6 from Aug. only

YYC-FRA AC 848 789 357 From Jul. 16
YYC-LHR AC 850 789 246 From Aug. 3

YYZ-GRU AC 090 789 146 From Aug. 2
YYZ-BOG AC 094 788 135

YUL-BOG AC 098 788 46 From Aug. 5

YYZ-HKG AC 015 789 1457 Days 1-5 from Jul. 22
YYZ-NRT AC 021 789 123567 Various dates
YYZ-ICN-PVG AC 027 77W 47
YYZ-ICN AC 061 789 15
YYZ-DEL AC 042 789 (-)
YYZ-DXB AC 056 789 246
YYZ-DOH AC 058 789 2456
YYZ-TLV AC 080 789 12456 Day 1-5 from Aug.

YUL-CMN AC 070 333 1357
YUL-CAI AC 074 788 246
YUL-TLV AC 082 788 37 From Jul. 21

YVR-NRT AC 003 789 1246 Day 1 from Aug.
YVR-HKG AC 007 789 2367
YVR-ICN-PVG AC 025 77W 25
YVR-ICN AC 063 789 37
YVR-DEL AC 044 789 (-) From Jul. 31

YVR-HNL AC 519 7M8 157 From Aug. 1
YVR-OGG AC 537 7M8 246 From Aug. 3


Just wondering why no service to AMS.


AMS starts Sep 07.
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:40 am

matt wrote:
So I always like to keep track of what AC offers in terms of transcontinental flights for the peak July-August summer season. It's nice to have data to compare from one year to the next.

Suffice it to say that this summer has a lot of uncertainties, but as of today, this is what I see for July and August. I have not included Mexico and the Carribean. And yes, I know, this WILL change ;-)

ORIGIN-DESTINATION / FLIGHT / EQP / DAYS / REMARKS
(-) means daily

YYZ-DUB AC 800 789 357
YYZ-LIS AC 810 788 1246 Days 1-2 from Aug.
YYZ-MUC AC 836 789 357 From Aug. 1
YYZ-FRA AC 840 77W (-)
YYZ-LHR AC 854 789 1357 From Aug. 2
AC 856 77W (-)
YYZ-CDG AC 872 789 (-) From Aug. 2
YYZ-ZRH AC 880 789 246
YYZ-VIE AC 886 789 357 From Jul. 21
YYZ-FCO AC 890 789 135 Day 1 from Aug.
YYZ-ATH AC 896 77W 24567 Days 5-7 from Aug.

YUL-LIS AC 812 788 357 Days 3-5 from Aug. only
YUL-BRU AC 832 789 13567 Day 6 from Aug. only
YUL-FRA AC 844 789 (-) Day 3 from Aug. only
YUL-LHR AC 864 333 247 From Aug. 3
YUL-CDG AC 870 77W (-)
YUL-LYS AC 876 333 246 From Aug. 3
YUL-GVA AC 884 789 247 From Jul. 22
YUL-FCO AC 892 789 46 Day 4 from Aug. only
YUL-ATH AC 898 77W 1357¸ Days 1-3 from Aug. only

YVR-LHR AC 860 789 (-) Days 2-6 from Aug. only

YYC-FRA AC 848 789 357 From Jul. 16
YYC-LHR AC 850 789 246 From Aug. 3

YYZ-GRU AC 090 789 146 From Aug. 2
YYZ-BOG AC 094 788 135

YUL-BOG AC 098 788 46 From Aug. 5

YYZ-HKG AC 015 789 1457 Days 1-5 from Jul. 22
YYZ-NRT AC 021 789 123567 Various dates
YYZ-ICN-PVG AC 027 77W 47
YYZ-ICN AC 061 789 15
YYZ-DEL AC 042 789 (-)
YYZ-DXB AC 056 789 246
YYZ-DOH AC 058 789 2456
YYZ-TLV AC 080 789 12456 Day 1-5 from Aug.

YUL-CMN AC 070 333 1357
YUL-CAI AC 074 788 246
YUL-TLV AC 082 788 37 From Jul. 21

YVR-NRT AC 003 789 1246 Day 1 from Aug.
YVR-HKG AC 007 789 2367
YVR-ICN-PVG AC 025 77W 25
YVR-ICN AC 063 789 37
YVR-DEL AC 044 789 (-) From Jul. 31

YVR-HNL AC 519 7M8 157 From Aug. 1
YVR-OGG AC 537 7M8 246 From Aug. 3



I don’t believe YYC-FRA will be operating, it’s in the schedule for now but it’ll probably be removed.
 
hollywoodcory
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:29 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 am

Whiteguy wrote:
matt wrote:
So I always like to keep track of what AC offers in terms of transcontinental flights for the peak July-August summer season. It's nice to have data to compare from one year to the next.

Suffice it to say that this summer has a lot of uncertainties, but as of today, this is what I see for July and August. I have not included Mexico and the Carribean. And yes, I know, this WILL change ;-)

ORIGIN-DESTINATION / FLIGHT / EQP / DAYS / REMARKS
(-) means daily

YYZ-DUB AC 800 789 357
YYZ-LIS AC 810 788 1246 Days 1-2 from Aug.
YYZ-MUC AC 836 789 357 From Aug. 1
YYZ-FRA AC 840 77W (-)
YYZ-LHR AC 854 789 1357 From Aug. 2
AC 856 77W (-)
YYZ-CDG AC 872 789 (-) From Aug. 2
YYZ-ZRH AC 880 789 246
YYZ-VIE AC 886 789 357 From Jul. 21
YYZ-FCO AC 890 789 135 Day 1 from Aug.
YYZ-ATH AC 896 77W 24567 Days 5-7 from Aug.

YUL-LIS AC 812 788 357 Days 3-5 from Aug. only
YUL-BRU AC 832 789 13567 Day 6 from Aug. only
YUL-FRA AC 844 789 (-) Day 3 from Aug. only
YUL-LHR AC 864 333 247 From Aug. 3
YUL-CDG AC 870 77W (-)
YUL-LYS AC 876 333 246 From Aug. 3
YUL-GVA AC 884 789 247 From Jul. 22
YUL-FCO AC 892 789 46 Day 4 from Aug. only
YUL-ATH AC 898 77W 1357¸ Days 1-3 from Aug. only

YVR-LHR AC 860 789 (-) Days 2-6 from Aug. only

YYC-FRA AC 848 789 357 From Jul. 16
YYC-LHR AC 850 789 246 From Aug. 3

YYZ-GRU AC 090 789 146 From Aug. 2
YYZ-BOG AC 094 788 135

YUL-BOG AC 098 788 46 From Aug. 5

YYZ-HKG AC 015 789 1457 Days 1-5 from Jul. 22
YYZ-NRT AC 021 789 123567 Various dates
YYZ-ICN-PVG AC 027 77W 47
YYZ-ICN AC 061 789 15
YYZ-DEL AC 042 789 (-)
YYZ-DXB AC 056 789 246
YYZ-DOH AC 058 789 2456
YYZ-TLV AC 080 789 12456 Day 1-5 from Aug.

YUL-CMN AC 070 333 1357
YUL-CAI AC 074 788 246
YUL-TLV AC 082 788 37 From Jul. 21

YVR-NRT AC 003 789 1246 Day 1 from Aug.
YVR-HKG AC 007 789 2367
YVR-ICN-PVG AC 025 77W 25
YVR-ICN AC 063 789 37
YVR-DEL AC 044 789 (-) From Jul. 31

YVR-HNL AC 519 7M8 157 From Aug. 1
YVR-OGG AC 537 7M8 246 From Aug. 3



I don’t believe YYC-FRA will be operating, it’s in the schedule for now but it’ll probably be removed.


It's now been removed until August 1st, but don't think it will fly until the fall. Same with YYC-LHR.
 
shintaenam
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:04 am

Is the route between Vancouver and Taipei in China being permanently cancelled? I used to be able to search for it for this coming December. However, now, the website would just route it through other Chinese cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong when searching for a flight to the Chinese city on its largest outlying island.
 
777luver
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:14 am

shintaenam wrote:
Is the route between Vancouver and Taipei in China being permanently cancelled? I used to be able to search for it for this coming December. However, now, the website would just route it through other Chinese cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong when searching for a flight to the Chinese city on its largest outlying island.


Only time will tell but I think it was a pretty popular route so I think it'll come back
 
factsonly
Posts: 3190
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:49 am

matt wrote:
AC853 wrote:
Just wondering why no service to AMS.


AMS starts Sep 07.


That is the re-start of regular passenger service.

AC has operated A333 Cargo Only services on YYZ-AMS and YUL-AMS throughout the pandemic.
 
Thomaas
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 pm

shintaenam wrote:
Is the route between Vancouver and Taipei in China being permanently cancelled? I used to be able to search for it for this coming December. However, now, the website would just route it through other Chinese cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong when searching for a flight to the Chinese city on its largest outlying island.


Taipei wasn't a great performer pre-covid and hasn't even operated as a cargo flight. I'm surprised they wouldn't route you on UA's flight from SFO on your way to Taiwan.
 
HJM
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:05 pm

AC17/AC18 to TPE Taiwan The Republic of China has mostly been a seasonal service. CP used to operate that service in the past before merger more often.
 
777luver
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:46 pm

Well there goes the summer.........again
......US border restricions to remain in place until July 21st

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5476103
 
Thomaas
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:46 pm

777luver wrote:
Well there goes the summer.........again
......US border restricions to remain in place until July 21st

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5476103


I do believe there are no restrictions for Canadians flying into the US, this could in a way help AC as ground crossings are limited.
 
wr911
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:59 pm

Hope Canada does something about the quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated Canadians and Americans. Either follow the science or ....
 
ramprat320
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:12 pm

TPE has indeed had Cargo service from AC. Mostly on 777s I believe.
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:40 pm

So few 333???

Edit: thanks, Matt, for the research! :)
 
777luver
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Thomaas wrote:
777luver wrote:
Well there goes the summer.........again
......US border restricions to remain in place until July 21st

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5476103


I do believe there are no restrictions for Canadians flying into the US, this could in a way help AC as ground crossings are limited.


True. Especially if the quarantine rules are lifted
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Aircellist wrote:
So few 333???

Edit: thanks, Matt, for the research! :)


You're welcome!

I am now looking into the new flight numbers and playing around with the June 2022 schedule. I found these new flight numbers. More to come for sure!

AC1000 YUL-OTP
AC1002 YYZ-OTP
AC1010 YYZ-KEF
AC1012 YUL-KEF
AC1014 YYZ-BUD
AC1016 YYZ-ZAG

Wondering about YYZ-PRG, BER, WAW, GLA...

And YUL-BOD, MRS...

Again, above are flight numbers for Summer 2022 (and not 2021) ;-)

More updates/changes to come for sure.
 
LIPZ
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:29 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Venice too is changing flight numbers next year from Rouge to mainline

AC816 YYZ-VCE
AC817 VCE-YYZ
AC818 YUL-VCE
AC819 VCE-YUL

with A333
 
ExMilitaryEng
Posts: 707
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:20 pm

YUL - OTP!! That would help Calin Rovinescu visit friends and relatives! ;)

Actually we have a considerable Romanian community here (since the end of the 70's, early 80's).
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:33 pm

LIPZ wrote:
Venice too is changing flight numbers next year from Rouge to mainline

AC816 YYZ-VCE
AC817 VCE-YYZ
AC818 YUL-VCE
AC819 VCE-YUL

with A333


I just saw that. And it looks like in S22, YHZ-LHR will be AC868. Still can't find YOW-LHR...
 
User avatar
YQBexYHZBGM
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:27 pm

matt wrote:
I just saw that. And it looks like in S22, YHZ-LHR will be AC868. Still can't find YOW-LHR...

International flights are still restricted to YUL, YYZ, YYC, YVR due to COVID. Hopefully we'll see international flights return to YOW and perhaps YHZ sometime after restrictions are lifted.
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:43 pm

But still, where are the A333 going?
 
Thomaas
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:09 pm

matt wrote:
Aircellist wrote:
So few 333???

Edit: thanks, Matt, for the research! :)


You're welcome!

I am now looking into the new flight numbers and playing around with the June 2022 schedule. I found these new flight numbers. More to come for sure!

AC1000 YUL-OTP
AC1002 YYZ-OTP
AC1010 YYZ-KEF
AC1012 YUL-KEF
AC1014 YYZ-BUD
AC1016 YYZ-ZAG

Wondering about YYZ-PRG, BER, WAW, GLA...

And YUL-BOD, MRS...

Again, above are flight numbers for Summer 2022 (and not 2021) ;-)

More updates/changes to come for sure.


I am wondering where they will find all the wide-body capacity for this flying. AC was already tight on WB capacity pre-covid, with them taking over YYZ-MAN/LIS/BCN/ATH and YUL-NCE/LIS/BCN/ATH from Rouge, I'm not sure they have enough metal to fly them all.
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:50 pm

I am wondering where they will find all the wide-body capacity for this flying. AC was already tight on WB capacity pre-covid, with them taking over YYZ-MAN/LIS/BCN/ATH and YUL-NCE/LIS/BCN/ATH from Rouge, I'm not sure they have enough metal to fly them all.


I am note sure... Based on what I'm seeing in the June 2022 schedules, the 77L seems to be back. And several routes for S22 seem to be operated by the 333. So that would mean, in total, 19 77Ws, 6 77Ls, 29 789s, 8 788s and 16 333s. Still not sure that can cover for all the missing ex-Rouge 763s... Time will tell.
 
777luver
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:16 pm

Aircellist wrote:
But still, where are the A333 going?


Europe
 
EdmFlyBoi
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:37 pm

matt wrote:
I am wondering where they will find all the wide-body capacity for this flying. AC was already tight on WB capacity pre-covid, with them taking over YYZ-MAN/LIS/BCN/ATH and YUL-NCE/LIS/BCN/ATH from Rouge, I'm not sure they have enough metal to fly them all.


I am note sure... Based on what I'm seeing in the June 2022 schedules, the 77L seems to be back. And several routes for S22 seem to be operated by the 333. So that would mean, in total, 19 77Ws, 6 77Ls, 29 789s, 8 788s and 16 333s. Still not sure that can cover for all the missing ex-Rouge 763s... Time will tell.


One of the 77W's is being returned to its lessor, so there will be 24 777's, 16 A333's and 37 787's (77 wide bodies). Considering the 8 A330's did replace some of the mainline 767's that left the fleet, there is no question AC may be challenged for capacity if the routes return. My guess would be that some of the UK/Ireland/France/KEF flying from the east will be done by Maxes as that was the original intent. I would also guess that there will be considerable Max flying to Hawaii, Caribbean, and Central America. The transcontinental wide body routes will likely go back to just YVR-YYZ/YUL. The other consideration will be Oceania. It seems unlikely that those routes will be back before the fall of 2022, so that frees up 2 77L's and a bunch of 787's that normally do those routes (although both Auckland and Melbourne have been historically seasonal). AC has also been flying a lot of cargo, with now all of the low J 777's configured for cargo and 4 A330's. There will be 2 767's coming online before year's end, and possibly more depending how busy the cargo business continues to be.

AC will have some decisions to make if flying comes back to even 75% of pre-COVID, especially if cargo continues to be busy. The A321's will continue with the busy domestic routes, and there will be a return of the narrow body Airbus Rouge fleet for sun destination flying. The US carriers use of the A321LR/XLR will likely be closely watched and it would not surprise me if AC pulls the trigger on an order (maybe 15-20). I am sure Airbus would find delivery slots for AC to bring them back over after the Max order. There is also a lot (and I mean a lot) of used A330's, an aircraft AC seems quite fond of, and they may continue to add to that fleet if there is a need for wide bodies. It seems unlikely they would order new with the glut of wide body stock out there.
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Aircellist wrote:
But still, where are the A333 going?


Based on very preliminary June 2022 schedules, the 333s seem to be back for S22. They are slated for:

YYZ to LHR (1), CPH, LIS, VCE, BCN, OTP, BUD, ZAG
YUL to CMN, ALG, LIS, VCE, BCN, LYS, NCE, GVA, OTP,
YVR to DUB

Note: not all of these flights are daily.

The 7M8 is slated for:

YYZ to EDI, MAN, KEF
YUL to DUB, KEF
YHZ to LHR

And 77L is slated for:

YVR to SYD
YYZ to HKG
YYZ to FRA (1)
YYC to FRA

Of course, this will most likely all change ;-)
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:11 pm

So is Air Canada's (Rouge) YYZ-OPO dropped also for 2022?
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:48 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
So is Air Canada's (Rouge) YYZ-OPO dropped also for 2022?


Hard to say. I can only find flight up until June 7, 2022. It could be planned for later in June or July.
 
crosscheckyyz
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:25 am

So would rouge then have a 330 fleet, or would all overseas flying fold over to mainline?
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:30 am

crosscheckyyz wrote:
So would rouge then have a 330 fleet, or would all overseas flying fold over to mainline?


From what I see in the schedule, all transatlantic flying will be done by mainline.
 
crosscheckyyz
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:38 am

matt wrote:
crosscheckyyz wrote:
So would rouge then have a 330 fleet, or would all overseas flying fold over to mainline?


From what I see in the schedule, all transatlantic flying will be done by mainline.


Thanks for sharing the sched update matt!

As many of those destinations are quite leisure/VFR, I wonder if they will plan a densification of the 330s a la Transat.
 
777luver
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:24 am

crosscheckyyz wrote:
So would rouge then have a 330 fleet, or would all overseas flying fold over to mainline?


Rouge is not coming back with widebodies. It will come back as a narrowbody operation serving leisure Mexico/Caribbean markets
 
777luver
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:25 am

matt wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
So is Air Canada's (Rouge) YYZ-OPO dropped also for 2022?


Hard to say. I can only find flight up until June 7, 2022. It could be planned for later in June or July.


Rouge is not coming back with widebodies. Just narrowbodies serving Mexico/Caribbean routes

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos