Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
EdmFlyBoi
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:48 am

matt wrote:
Aircellist wrote:
But still, where are the A333 going?


Based on very preliminary June 2022 schedules, the 333s seem to be back for S22. They are slated for:

YYZ to LHR (1), CPH, LIS, VCE, BCN, OTP, BUD, ZAG
YUL to CMN, ALG, LIS, VCE, BCN, LYS, NCE, GVA, OTP,
YVR to DUB

Note: not all of these flights are daily.

The 7M8 is slated for:

YYZ to EDI, MAN, KEF
YUL to DUB, KEF
YHZ to LHR

And 77L is slated for:

YVR to SYD
YYZ to HKG
YYZ to FRA (1)
YYC to FRA

Of course, this will most likely all change ;-)


What is the word on the South America routes? Lima seems to end with an outbound towards the end of April.
 
Thomaas
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:45 pm

EdmFlyBoi wrote:
matt wrote:
Aircellist wrote:
But still, where are the A333 going?


Based on very preliminary June 2022 schedules, the 333s seem to be back for S22. They are slated for:

YYZ to LHR (1), CPH, LIS, VCE, BCN, OTP, BUD, ZAG
YUL to CMN, ALG, LIS, VCE, BCN, LYS, NCE, GVA, OTP,
YVR to DUB

Note: not all of these flights are daily.

The 7M8 is slated for:

YYZ to EDI, MAN, KEF
YUL to DUB, KEF
YHZ to LHR

And 77L is slated for:

YVR to SYD
YYZ to HKG
YYZ to FRA (1)
YYC to FRA

Of course, this will most likely all change ;-)


What is the word on the South America routes? Lima seems to end with an outbound towards the end of April.

I believe LIM was supposed to go seasonal while Bogotá will be operated year-round from YYZ and YUL (or seasonally from YUL as was announced at launch)
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:10 pm

I don't see LIM for the moment.

And indeed, I too had understood that Rouge would not be doing any widebody flying.

For June 2022, there are, for the moment, way too many flights for the 788 and 789. This will change. The 77W seems to be underused. I'm sure all kinds of interesting changes will happen between now and Summer 2022. I wouldn't be surprised if AC got its hands on a few extra 333s.
 
9252fly
Posts: 1222
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:19 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:20 pm

I don't know why so many seem to think AC will be short of wide-body aircraft. International and related business travel will take a long time to return to the levels of 2019. Restrictions related to the pandemic will remain in place for many destinations for sometime to come.

There is an incredible glut of wide-body aircraft available for sale, or lease. I would agree that if demand were to return sooner rather than later, AC will likely look for additional A333's.
 
EdmFlyBoi
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:50 pm

9252fly wrote:
I don't know why so many seem to think AC will be short of wide-body aircraft. International and related business travel will take a long time to return to the levels of 2019. Restrictions related to the pandemic will remain in place for many destinations for sometime to come.

There is an incredible glut of wide-body aircraft available for sale, or lease. I would agree that if demand were to return sooner rather than later, AC will likely look for additional A333's.


The thinking behind the wide body shortage relates to the routes they appear to be resuming with mainline aircraft and the continued focus on cargo. Yes the 77L fleet isn’t being used and half of the A330 fleet is being refurbished or parked, but AC is doing a massive amount of cargo flying at the moment. Once all the A330’s are refurbished, they will likely cover a fair bit of Europe. If cargo continues to be strong, I don’t seem them putting the seats back in the low J 77W’s, as they are cargo monsters. I suspect it’s a lot of wait and see and they will pivot based on demand.
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 am

crosscheckyyz wrote:
matt wrote:
crosscheckyyz wrote:
So would rouge then have a 330 fleet, or would all overseas flying fold over to mainline?


From what I see in the schedule, all transatlantic flying will be done by mainline.


Thanks for sharing the sched update matt!

As many of those destinations are quite leisure/VFR, I wonder if they will plan a densification of the 330s a la Transat.


The A330s are currently undergoing reconfig to update the cabin to a Dreamliner style - seems unlikely this project would be scrapped for densification at this point.
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1682
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:10 am

So the intended YUL-TLS is no longer in the plans?
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:25 pm

Aircellist wrote:
So the intended YUL-TLS is no longer in the plans?


I haven't seen anything yet regarding YUL-TLS...
 
User avatar
Aresxerexade
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY
 
x1234
Posts: 1184
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:57 pm

WOW what a beautiful safety video!
 
User avatar
cirrusdragoon
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Aresxerexade wrote:
Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY


Well done
 
User avatar
ACCS300
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Aresxerexade wrote:
Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY


Very nicely done, the titles showing the geographical location of the shots are a bit distracting and cluttered, coupled with the subtitles however.
 
ramprat320
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:32 am

It’s lovely but it’s about a minute too long. If the flight attendants are for some reason unable to start it on the push back and its start is slightly delayed it runs the risk of delaying the takeoff at airports with a short taxi.
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:55 pm

ramprat320 wrote:
It’s lovely but it’s about a minute too long. If the flight attendants are for some reason unable to start it on the push back and its start is slightly delayed it runs the risk of delaying the takeoff at airports with a short taxi.


Shouldn’t be an issue on the MAX :lol:
 
codyul
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:26 pm

I feel like there will be a quick taxi version. Because some announcements can be made after take off, as per regulations
 
Dominion301
Posts: 3068
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:41 pm

codyul wrote:
I feel like there will be a quick taxi version. Because some announcements can be made after take off, as per regulations


The quick taxi version could be the F/As doing it old fashioned way, lol.
 
User avatar
CrewBunk
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
codyul wrote:
I feel like there will be a quick taxi version. Because some announcements can be made after take off, as per regulations


The quick taxi version could be the F/As doing it old fashioned way, lol.

There has been shorter versions in the past. Normally eliminating the life jacket portion for some domestic operations. Perhaps there will be for this one as well.

Realistically though, it’s very very rare to have a push to take off time of less than 6 minutes. The only time I’ve been caught short is when the F/As are late in starting the video. If I see a short taxi, I warn the F/As and they are usually very good at getting the video done and cabin secured quickly.

Off hand the only short taxis I can think of are 06R at YUL, or 02/12 at YEG.
 
rampbro
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:08 pm

Aresxerexade wrote:
Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY


Wait did they actually cut the seating plan of a 787-9 into a farmer's field?
 
EdmFlyBoi
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:58 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:52 pm

Aresxerexade wrote:
Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY


The lights on the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the exit map in the grain field were highlights.

Beautiful country Canada is. Good of AC to show it off this way.
 
oceanbeat
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:02 pm

Aresxerexade wrote:
Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY


They copied Copa Airlines' concept. Their video was realeased 7 months ago.

Watch and jugde for yourselves:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4tUk3353Gg
 
dr1980
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:36 pm

CrewBunk wrote:
Off hand the only short taxis I can think of are 06R at YUL, or 02/12 at YEG.


YHZ 23?
 
User avatar
CrewBunk
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:49 pm

oceanbeat wrote:
Aresxerexade wrote:
Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY


They copied Copa Airlines' concept. Their video was realeased 7 months ago.

Watch and jugde for yourselves:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4tUk3353Gg


Many airlines have used their nation’s natural beauty showcased in their safety videos. Air New Zealand and TAP come quickly to mind. I think the origin of this video comes from the new “Welcome to Canada” video from last year, with transfer and Customs information laced with Canadian vistas.

I’m just glad Air Canada got away from their previous sterile, grey safety videos, while staying clear of the “cute” option.
 
777luver
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 pm

CrewBunk wrote:
oceanbeat wrote:
Aresxerexade wrote:
Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY


They copied Copa Airlines' concept. Their video was realeased 7 months ago.

Watch and jugde for yourselves:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4tUk3353Gg


Many airlines have used their nation’s natural beauty showcased in their safety videos. Air New Zealand and TAP come quickly to mind. I think the origin of this video comes from the new “Welcome to Canada” video from last year, with transfer and Customs information laced with Canadian vistas.

I’m just glad Air Canada got away from their previous sterile, grey safety videos, while staying clear of the “cute” option.


I agree. Reminds me of Qantas' safety video. This is a leap forward in terms of AC safety videos, leaves behind the bland predictable one
 
User avatar
YQBexYHZBGM
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:13 pm

CrewBunk wrote:
oceanbeat wrote:
Aresxerexade wrote:
Air Canada’s new safety video. Beautifully shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byfHIAXIcY
Many airlines have used their nation’s natural beauty showcased in their safety videos. Air New Zealand and TAP come quickly to mind.

Add TN to that list. Definitely not a run-of-the-mill safety video.
 
tax1k
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:53 am

I’m planning to fly to YYC in august from IAD connecting YYZ. I’m vaccinated and clearly exempt from the quarantine requirements (and I’ve had this confirmed by CBSA). I’m a little nervous about getting locked in a hotel room in YYZ for three days even though I can’t think of any legal or logical reason why that should happen. Aside from the dice rolling inherent in all of these things am I missing any factors?
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:55 am

dr1980 wrote:
CrewBunk wrote:
Off hand the only short taxis I can think of are 06R at YUL, or 02/12 at YEG.


YHZ 23?


Yup. YYZ 33R from T1 international gates would be quite short too.
 
chrisa330
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 1999 10:24 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:00 am

tax1k wrote:
I’m planning to fly to YYC in august from IAD connecting YYZ. I’m vaccinated and clearly exempt from the quarantine requirements (and I’ve had this confirmed by CBSA). I’m a little nervous about getting locked in a hotel room in YYZ for three days even though I can’t think of any legal or logical reason why that should happen. Aside from the dice rolling inherent in all of these things am I missing any factors?


Assuming you’re traveling on July 6 or later, you’re not missing anything. Note the first phase of reducing border restrictions does not apply to everyone…mainly only to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
 
User avatar
CrewBunk
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:31 am

WildcatYXU wrote:
dr1980 wrote:
CrewBunk wrote:
Off hand the only short taxis I can think of are 06R at YUL, or 02/12 at YEG.


YHZ 23?


Yup. YYZ 33R from T1 international gates would be quite short too.


In theory, it could. But usually, it isn’t. When using 33R for departures (and 33L for arrivals) it is a slow operation. There is usually a line for departures and often you have to “back track” further away to get in line.

It’s like YHZ 23, the distance is short but often the time taken to get there is longer than you’d think. In the case of YHZ, often you have to wait for traffic on 14/32 on F before you can get to 23.

But, as I said above, as the potential is there, I warn the F/As. They are usually kidding me later about the 15 minute “short taxi”.
 
runway23
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:12 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:37 am

matt wrote:
So I always like to keep track of what AC offers in terms of transcontinental flights for the peak July-August summer season. It's nice to have data to compare from one year to the next.

Suffice it to say that this summer has a lot of uncertainties, but as of today, this is what I see for July and August. I have not included Mexico and the Carribean. And yes, I know, this WILL change ;-)

ORIGIN-DESTINATION / FLIGHT / EQP / DAYS / REMARKS
(-) means daily

YYZ-DUB AC 800 789 357
YYZ-LIS AC 810 788 1246 Days 1-2 from Aug.
YYZ-MUC AC 836 789 357 From Aug. 1
YYZ-FRA AC 840 77W (-)
YYZ-LHR AC 854 789 1357 From Aug. 2
AC 856 77W (-)
YYZ-CDG AC 872 789 (-) From Aug. 2
YYZ-ZRH AC 880 789 246
YYZ-VIE AC 886 789 357 From Jul. 21
YYZ-FCO AC 890 789 135 Day 1 from Aug.
YYZ-ATH AC 896 77W 24567 Days 5-7 from Aug.

YUL-LIS AC 812 788 357 Days 3-5 from Aug. only
YUL-BRU AC 832 789 13567 Day 6 from Aug. only
YUL-FRA AC 844 789 (-) Day 3 from Aug. only
YUL-LHR AC 864 333 247 From Aug. 3
YUL-CDG AC 870 77W (-)
YUL-LYS AC 876 333 246 From Aug. 3
YUL-GVA AC 884 789 247 From Jul. 22
YUL-FCO AC 892 789 46 Day 4 from Aug. only
YUL-ATH AC 898 77W 1357¸ Days 1-3 from Aug. only

YVR-LHR AC 860 789 (-) Days 2-6 from Aug. only

YYC-FRA AC 848 789 357 From Jul. 16
YYC-LHR AC 850 789 246 From Aug. 3

YYZ-GRU AC 090 789 146 From Aug. 2
YYZ-BOG AC 094 788 135

YUL-BOG AC 098 788 46 From Aug. 5

YYZ-HKG AC 015 789 1457 Days 1-5 from Jul. 22
YYZ-NRT AC 021 789 123567 Various dates
YYZ-ICN-PVG AC 027 77W 47
YYZ-ICN AC 061 789 15
YYZ-DEL AC 042 789 (-)
YYZ-DXB AC 056 789 246
YYZ-DOH AC 058 789 2456
YYZ-TLV AC 080 789 12456 Day 1-5 from Aug.

YUL-CMN AC 070 333 1357
YUL-CAI AC 074 788 246
YUL-TLV AC 082 788 37 From Jul. 21

YVR-NRT AC 003 789 1246 Day 1 from Aug.
YVR-HKG AC 007 789 2367
YVR-ICN-PVG AC 025 77W 25
YVR-ICN AC 063 789 37
YVR-DEL AC 044 789 (-) From Jul. 31

YVR-HNL AC 519 7M8 157 From Aug. 1
YVR-OGG AC 537 7M8 246 From Aug. 3


A few changes this week, most of them are just YUL swapping a 789 for 788 (operates BRU/GVA).

YUL-LYS cancelled, scheduled to resume on December 10.
YUL-TLV 1x weekly 788 (Wednesday), 1x weekly 789 (Sunday) - this has been loaded this way for months, just correcting above
YUL-GVA now 788
YUL-BRU keeps 789 on Sundays, 1356 now 788.

YYZ-LHR single day 789

Also, the Aircanada.com Covid Hub is somewhat of a mess. Frequencies aren't listed accurately and some destinations are missing (GVA, MUC, VIE)
 
ramprat320
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 am

dr1980 wrote:
CrewBunk wrote:
Off hand the only short taxis I can think of are 06R at YUL, or 02/12 at YEG.


YHZ 23?


YYC 16R, HKG 25s, FRA 25C, etc. There’s actually a lot of short taxis in the system where even the old video length proved problematic on occasion
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:02 am

runway23 wrote:
matt wrote:
So I always like to keep track of what AC offers in terms of transcontinental flights for the peak July-August summer season. It's nice to have data to compare from one year to the next.

Suffice it to say that this summer has a lot of uncertainties, but as of today, this is what I see for July and August. I have not included Mexico and the Carribean. And yes, I know, this WILL change ;-)

ORIGIN-DESTINATION / FLIGHT / EQP / DAYS / REMARKS
(-) means daily

YYZ-DUB AC 800 789 357
YYZ-LIS AC 810 788 1246 Days 1-2 from Aug.
YYZ-MUC AC 836 789 357 From Aug. 1
YYZ-FRA AC 840 77W (-)
YYZ-LHR AC 854 789 1357 From Aug. 2
AC 856 77W (-)
YYZ-CDG AC 872 789 (-) From Aug. 2
YYZ-ZRH AC 880 789 246
YYZ-VIE AC 886 789 357 From Jul. 21
YYZ-FCO AC 890 789 135 Day 1 from Aug.
YYZ-ATH AC 896 77W 24567 Days 5-7 from Aug.

YUL-LIS AC 812 788 357 Days 3-5 from Aug. only
YUL-BRU AC 832 789 13567 Day 6 from Aug. only
YUL-FRA AC 844 789 (-) Day 3 from Aug. only
YUL-LHR AC 864 333 247 From Aug. 3
YUL-CDG AC 870 77W (-)
YUL-LYS AC 876 333 246 From Aug. 3
YUL-GVA AC 884 789 247 From Jul. 22
YUL-FCO AC 892 789 46 Day 4 from Aug. only
YUL-ATH AC 898 77W 1357¸ Days 1-3 from Aug. only

YVR-LHR AC 860 789 (-) Days 2-6 from Aug. only

YYC-FRA AC 848 789 357 From Jul. 16
YYC-LHR AC 850 789 246 From Aug. 3

YYZ-GRU AC 090 789 146 From Aug. 2
YYZ-BOG AC 094 788 135

YUL-BOG AC 098 788 46 From Aug. 5

YYZ-HKG AC 015 789 1457 Days 1-5 from Jul. 22
YYZ-NRT AC 021 789 123567 Various dates
YYZ-ICN-PVG AC 027 77W 47
YYZ-ICN AC 061 789 15
YYZ-DEL AC 042 789 (-)
YYZ-DXB AC 056 789 246
YYZ-DOH AC 058 789 2456
YYZ-TLV AC 080 789 12456 Day 1-5 from Aug.

YUL-CMN AC 070 333 1357
YUL-CAI AC 074 788 246
YUL-TLV AC 082 788 37 From Jul. 21

YVR-NRT AC 003 789 1246 Day 1 from Aug.
YVR-HKG AC 007 789 2367
YVR-ICN-PVG AC 025 77W 25
YVR-ICN AC 063 789 37
YVR-DEL AC 044 789 (-) From Jul. 31

YVR-HNL AC 519 7M8 157 From Aug. 1
YVR-OGG AC 537 7M8 246 From Aug. 3


A few changes this week, most of them are just YUL swapping a 789 for 788 (operates BRU/GVA).

YUL-LYS cancelled, scheduled to resume on December 10.
YUL-TLV 1x weekly 788 (Wednesday), 1x weekly 789 (Sunday) - this has been loaded this way for months, just correcting above
YUL-GVA now 788
YUL-BRU keeps 789 on Sundays, 1356 now 788.

YYZ-LHR single day 789

Also, the Aircanada.com Covid Hub is somewhat of a mess. Frequencies aren't listed accurately and some destinations are missing (GVA, MUC, VIE)


Thank you for this.

There seems to be even more changes, notably to the start dates of some flights from YYZ and YVR, which are being pushed back. This schedule is very fluid and there will likely be more changes in the weeks to come. Hard to keep track!
 
hollywoodcory
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:29 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Seems they quietly re-added YYC-PHX in August? I remember they had previously chopped all of YYC's Transborder network for the Summer. I'd honestly say there is better chance of PHX happening over the constantly delayed FRA/LHR.
 
yyzmdw
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:40 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:31 am

All of today’s YYZ-EWR/LGA flights seem to be scheduled on FlightAware as 223 but the schedule and timetable call for E75s - is this Air Canada up gauging due to increased travel interest since the restrictions were lifted or just a fluke?
 
runway23
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:12 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:38 am

AC press release detailing the resumed routes: https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-07-06-Air-Canada-Continues-to-Rebuild-its-Global-Network-with-Service-Resuming-to-Key-Destinations-Around-The-World

Nothing in the press release that wasn't reported here previously.
 
Airontario
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:04 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm

With Canada opening up to allow fully-vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents, AC is re-starting a number of transborder routes.

"Air Canada today announced its current summer transborder schedule including 55 routes and 34 destinations in the U.S., with up to 220 daily flights between the U.S. and Canada."

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-07 ... -Countries
 
Airlinerdude
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:15 pm

I've also heard that approx. 2,000 flight attendants have received recall notices in the last two months. Hopefully more to come with the recent news. All good signs for AC's recovery.
 
matt
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:27 pm

Just saw that Air Canada Rouge would be adding flights from YQB as of November/December. More specifically, they will be introducing YQB-FLL and YQB-MCO, and resuming YQB-PUJ and YQB-CUN. All with the 319.

https://canadianaviationnews.wordpress. ... ebec-city/
 
crosscheckyyz
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:50 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:19 pm

So I was looking to book travel for December, I'm guessing planning is optimistic? I realize the market is pretty big for Canada-Florida but YYZ-FLL/MCO 3x330 or 3x789 daily in December. MBJ and KIN were both showing widebodies as well. And I do realize that the planes gotta do something when on the ground. But is this just making up for the loss of RVs 767s?
 
User avatar
IceCream
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:49 pm

Does anyone remember when AC dropped YWG-YXE/YQR/YQT?
 
yyztpa2
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:57 am

Air Canada Completes Refinancing Transaction exceeding C$7.1 Billion
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-08 ... -1-Billion

In April, Air Canada also agreed to repayable loans of up to C$5.9B with the Government of Canada. Does this more recent finance deal negate the need for the government finance deal?
 
codyul
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:28 pm

Couple days ago, but no one posted.
Mostly just conjecture but hey, sounds good.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... l-network/
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:34 pm

codyul wrote:
Couple days ago, but no one posted.
Mostly just conjecture but hey, sounds good.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... l-network/


Maybe AC should concentrate on rebuilding the domestic network first. I was just forced to cancel my reservation and rebook on WS. I didn't want to do that, but the flight combo I was re-protected on after I was bumped from my original flights was just unacceptable. Ant it wasn't anything special - a simple YXU-YYZ-YEG booking.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 3068
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:42 pm

3rd time's the charm it looks like for YVR-SNA starting: https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... nty-route/

4x weekly initially, gradually building up to daily by early 2022.
 
codyul
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:43 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
codyul wrote:
Couple days ago, but no one posted.
Mostly just conjecture but hey, sounds good.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... l-network/


Maybe AC should concentrate on rebuilding the domestic network first. I was just forced to cancel my reservation and rebook on WS. I didn't want to do that, but the flight combo I was re-protected on after I was bumped from my original flights was just unacceptable. Ant it wasn't anything special - a simple YXU-YYZ-YEG booking.

I think sales picked up much faster than they anticipated. They are short cabin crew and they can't upgage or even operate some flights. Sometimes they get load restricted too because of it.
But should be back on track in a couple weeks. Once the new recalls are back online.
 
777luver
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:53 pm

crosscheckyyz wrote:
So I was looking to book travel for December, I'm guessing planning is optimistic? I realize the market is pretty big for Canada-Florida but YYZ-FLL/MCO 3x330 or 3x789 daily in December. MBJ and KIN were both showing widebodies as well. And I do realize that the planes gotta do something when on the ground. But is this just making up for the loss of RVs 767s?


It's not making up for the loss of RV 767s, it's simply to meet demand while intl routes are slower to come back. Utilization
 
777luver
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:54 pm

codyul wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
codyul wrote:
Couple days ago, but no one posted.
Mostly just conjecture but hey, sounds good.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... l-network/


Maybe AC should concentrate on rebuilding the domestic network first. I was just forced to cancel my reservation and rebook on WS. I didn't want to do that, but the flight combo I was re-protected on after I was bumped from my original flights was just unacceptable. Ant it wasn't anything special - a simple YXU-YYZ-YEG booking.

I think sales picked up much faster than they anticipated. They are short cabin crew and they can't upgage or even operate some flights. Sometimes they get load restricted too because of it.
But should be back on track in a couple weeks. Once the new recalls are back online.


Wildcats statement doesn't make much sense, they have rebuilt their domestic network. They did not expect traffic to ramp up this fast, caught them off guard really.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:18 pm

777luver wrote:
codyul wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

Maybe AC should concentrate on rebuilding the domestic network first. I was just forced to cancel my reservation and rebook on WS. I didn't want to do that, but the flight combo I was re-protected on after I was bumped from my original flights was just unacceptable. Ant it wasn't anything special - a simple YXU-YYZ-YEG booking.

I think sales picked up much faster than they anticipated. They are short cabin crew and they can't upgage or even operate some flights. Sometimes they get load restricted too because of it.
But should be back on track in a couple weeks. Once the new recalls are back online.


Wildcats statement doesn't make much sense, they have rebuilt their domestic network. They did not expect traffic to ramp up this fast, caught them off guard really.


Well, if the growth in traffic caught AC off guard, they didn't rebuild their domestic network yet. Once the network is rebuilt, a single flight cancellation shouldn't lead to a 30 hour delay for the customer on a frequently traveled route. After all, we still only have 3 pairs of flights to YYZ daily instead of 7. And where is YOW and YUL?
I guess some of the AC agents at YXU will be surprised tomorrow to see me walking to the WS counter. Wasn't my choice. Really.
 
777luver
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:09 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
777luver wrote:
codyul wrote:
I think sales picked up much faster than they anticipated. They are short cabin crew and they can't upgage or even operate some flights. Sometimes they get load restricted too because of it.
But should be back on track in a couple weeks. Once the new recalls are back online.


Wildcats statement doesn't make much sense, they have rebuilt their domestic network. They did not expect traffic to ramp up this fast, caught them off guard really.


Well, if the growth in traffic caught AC off guard, they didn't rebuild their domestic network yet. Once the network is rebuilt, a single flight cancellation shouldn't lead to a 30 hour delay for the customer on a frequently traveled route. After all, we still only have 3 pairs of flights to YYZ daily instead of 7. And where is YOW and YUL?
I guess some of the AC agents at YXU will be surprised tomorrow to see me walking to the WS counter. Wasn't my choice. Really.


So do you expect any major airline to rebuild their entire domestic network within a month and a half? if so, it doesn't work that way in the real world
 
Airlinerdude
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:20 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
Well, if the growth in traffic caught AC off guard, they didn't rebuild their domestic network yet.


Besides a handful of small recalls that happened during the spring, the bulk of cabin crew recalls only began on July 4th. They're now at full capacity getting cabin crew trained back up. Having watched the explosive rebound of the neighbours to south, it shocked me how terrible AC management were at planning summer manpower.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Air Canada News And Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:34 pm

777luver wrote:
So do you expect any major airline to rebuild their entire domestic network within a month and a half? if so, it doesn't work that way in the real world


Well, agreed. It doesn't. Then why did you say that AC has already rebuilt it's domestic network?

Airlinerdude wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
Well, if the growth in traffic caught AC off guard, they didn't rebuild their domestic network yet.


Besides a handful of small recalls that happened during the spring, the bulk of cabin crew recalls only began on July 4th. They're now at full capacity getting cabin crew trained back up. Having watched the explosive rebound of the neighbours to south, it shocked me how terrible AC management were at planning summer manpower.


Let's hope they can speed up the process a bit. Also, let's hope there won't be another wave of Covid stopping travel (life) again.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos