Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

caribny

Re: Caribbean Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:02 am

baje427 wrote:
caribny wrote:
baje427 wrote:
Based on the numbers travel is picking up within the US however, given hotel occupancy levels etc I don't think there has been any meaningful improvement in BGI. Luckily the vaccination exercise seemed to have gone well hopefully things can improve safely along the way I don't think the economy can handle another major outbreak again.

The only people who BW will get on this route will be Bajans, so its that market, both north and southbound, which will determine BWs success. As of now BW is completely isolated from the leisure market as they have no product on offer.

I'm not sure there are many Bajans who are travelling at the moment.

There will be far fewer seats on nonstop JFK BGI flights than last year, unless B6 magically increases service. So even if the numbers are down 80% that doesnt mean that all is lost.

danipawa

Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:09 pm

New dominican star up on certification flights, a sister company of Laser Venezuela with 3 MD80 already at SDQ

Brickell305

Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:23 pm

danipawa wrote:
New dominican star up on certification flights, a sister company of Laser Venezuela with 3 MD80 already at SDQ

This picture had me wondering who resurrected RedJet for a second.

gunnerman

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
danipawa wrote:

I thought so as well especially as REDjet operated MD-80s.

caribny

Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:43 pm

gunnerman wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
danipawa wrote:

I thought so as well especially as REDjet operated MD-80s.

I wonder how many airlines can fly SDQ CUR, SDQ SXM? Doubt that they can compete with B6 to the USA.

gunnerman

Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:18 pm

The Antigua and Barbuda PM Gaston Browne has threatened to pull all support from LIAT (1974) Ltd following a class action lawsuit filed against his government by a LIAT pilot in Barbados.
https://antiguaobserver.com/pm-browne-threatens-to-abandon-liat-after-pilot-files-class-action-lawsuit/

Brickell305

Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:05 pm

gunnerman wrote:
The Antigua and Barbuda PM Gaston Browne has threatened to pull all support from LIAT (1974) Ltd following a class action lawsuit filed against his government by a LIAT pilot in Barbados.
https://antiguaobserver.com/pm-browne-threatens-to-abandon-liat-after-pilot-files-class-action-lawsuit/

I agree with the pilots. A law which essentially states that a company cannot be sued cannot possibly be constitutional. Furthermore, the situation with LI is untenable. You can’t continue to owe that many employees that much money and expect them to just air back and not demand what they are owed. Some of these staff have been working at LI for decades and to expect them to go home empty handed while you attempt to resurrect Lazarus is a ridiculous stance.

caribny

Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:19 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
gunnerman wrote:

I agree with the pilots. A law which essentially states that a company cannot be sued cannot possibly be constitutional. Furthermore, the situation with LI is untenable. You can’t continue to owe that many employees that much money and expect them to just air back and not demand what they are owed. Some of these staff have been working at LI for decades and to expect them to go home empty handed while you attempt to resurrect Lazarus is a ridiculous stance.

Well if Lazarus isnt resurrected there definitely will not be any money to get.

A330Inter

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:01 pm

What are the actual plans in BGI anyway? is there really a need for LIAT to be saved?
Could there not be some consolidation in the caribbean region especially to come out of the crisis somewhat sustainable?

LimaFoxTango

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:32 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
gunnerman wrote:

A law which essentially states that a company cannot be sued cannot possibly be constitutional. Furthermore, the situation with LI is untenable.

I'm not aware the law makes such a statement, but in any event, does anyone know if a company has any such protections under US Chapter 11 law?
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.

GUYAIR707

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:54 pm

LimaFoxTango wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
gunnerman wrote:

A law which essentially states that a company cannot be sued cannot possibly be constitutional. Furthermore, the situation with LI is untenable.

I'm not aware the law makes such a statement, but in any event, does anyone know if a company has any such protections under US Chapter 11 law?

Usually, once the debt is covered by the bankruptcy in most cases the affected creditor cannot file suit as the debtor is protected under the bankruptcy. However, the bankruptcy court determines how much the creditor receives and at what interval.

baje427

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:09 pm

A330Inter wrote:
What are the actual plans in BGI anyway? is there really a need for LIAT to be saved?
Could there not be some consolidation in the caribbean region especially to come out of the crisis somewhat sustainable?

No word here but I suspect that the government won't be looking at putting money in an airline anytime soon. Visa travel is basically dead, carnivals/ festivals are done for the foreseeable future and the local economy contracted by over a billion dollars. What little travel there is can be facilitated by BW and JY.

Brickell305

Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:46 am

LimaFoxTango wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
gunnerman wrote:

According to reports in the Barbados Today, the constitutional motion which was filed last week Wednesday, is challenging the constitutionality of the recently amended Companies Act which prohibits anyone from suing the government over any claims against LIAT.
The motion, lodged by Barbadian Captain Neil Cave on behalf of nine other current or former LIAT pilots, is asking the Antigua and Barbuda High Court to declare that newly-amended Act unconstitutional.
The claimants, who have named the Attorney General of Antigua and Barbuda as the only defendant, want the court to order that they be awarded costs and/or other relief the court may deem just.
They are also requesting that the court declares that Section 564 (1) of the Companies (Amendment) Act No 17 of 2020, is in contravention of Section 15 (8) of the Constitution of Antigua and Barbuda to the extent that it purports to limit the claimants’ right to access the court for a determination of their civil claim against LIAT 1974 Limited which was filed in 2015 and was pending at the time the Act was enacted by Parliament.
In his affidavit, Captain Cave outlined four grounds on which relief is being sought.
One ground notes that Section 15 of the Constitution of Antigua and Barbuda guarantees a litigant access to the High Court and for the fair hearing of his matter within a reasonable time.

That's precisely what they're suing for. Were it not for that law, they likely would have just sued LI and the ANU gov't (as the sole shareholder) directly for the money they are owed.

caribny

Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:19 pm

A330Inter wrote:

I do know is that intra regional travel is more important than a lot of people think. Especially in the summer months when travel from Europe, Canada, and to an extent, the USA declines. Who are the bulk of the travelers arriving for cricket, carnival or the music festivals? And these will all return starting late this year, and into 2022. So unless there is decent intra regional this market doesnt exist. Maybe the carriers servicing these routes will get the same market support/revenue guarantees as the major airlines get. Certainly no Caribbean gov't is going to provide an unlimited check book for a carrier, not even T&T with regard to BW.

While large segments of the population will remain adversely impacted by tough economic conditions, those who arent will experience cabin fever and will want to travel. I will suggest that POS/GEO rather than BGI will drive regional travel. After all 2/3 of the English speaking Eastern Caribbean live in these two nations and this is now where the disposable income is. POS, because it has the largest economy, and GEO because it is now the 2nd largest, and has the most dynamic growth.

BGI will be less important with the almost complete elimination of US visa travel (most of it moving online). SVD will no longer need it as a gateway once the Sandals resort on that island opens and airlift from major markets improves. As BGI seems to be in an almost death spiral the days of Bajan exceptionalism are coming to an end, and with that its possible role as the # 1 destination for intra regional travel. So will there be a rationale for a BGI hub anymore than for one in ANU? Who knows.

caribny

Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:29 pm

Brickell305 wrote:

That's precisely what they're suing for. Were it not for that law, they likely would have just sued LI and the ANU gov't (as the sole shareholder) directly for the money they are owed.

The only entities which have priority are those providing goods and services after LI went into receivership. Certainly current employees can demand to be paid, and may have some ability to hold the ANU gov't liable, based on the labor laws of that island.

Everyone else has claims as a creditor, though they can argue as to where they stand in the line. ANU isnt liable, just because they are the sole owner, beyond their ownership interests in LI. So I do not see how they can be sued.

LimaFoxTango

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
LimaFoxTango wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

According to reports in the Barbados Today, the constitutional motion which was filed last week Wednesday, is challenging the constitutionality of the recently amended Companies Act which prohibits anyone from suing the government over any claims against LIAT.
The motion, lodged by Barbadian Captain Neil Cave on behalf of nine other current or former LIAT pilots, is asking the Antigua and Barbuda High Court to declare that newly-amended Act unconstitutional.
The claimants, who have named the Attorney General of Antigua and Barbuda as the only defendant, want the court to order that they be awarded costs and/or other relief the court may deem just.
They are also requesting that the court declares that Section 564 (1) of the Companies (Amendment) Act No 17 of 2020, is in contravention of Section 15 (8) of the Constitution of Antigua and Barbuda to the extent that it purports to limit the claimants’ right to access the court for a determination of their civil claim against LIAT 1974 Limited which was filed in 2015 and was pending at the time the Act was enacted by Parliament.
In his affidavit, Captain Cave outlined four grounds on which relief is being sought.
One ground notes that Section 15 of the Constitution of Antigua and Barbuda guarantees a litigant access to the High Court and for the fair hearing of his matter within a reasonable time.

Hope you understand clearly what these guys are suing for. It goes back to a 5 year old case that came up for hearing in 2020. It was adjourned citing LI being under administration protected it from any and all legal matters (at that time). This case has nothing to do with pending severance and/or salary owed at the time of LI's (then) closure.

danipawa

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:10 am

Skycana is doing summer charters to HAV and BOG from POP and PUJ starting March 28

Sky High thinking in Guyana:
https://www.loopcayman.com/content/sky- ... h-guyana-0

caribny

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:38 am

danipawa wrote:
Skycana is doing summer charters to HAV and BOG from POP and PUJ starting March 28

Dominicans are certainly becoming a presence in Guyana. Pre Covid Inter Caribbean was planning to start that route.

baje427

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:49 am

danipawa wrote:

That's a fairly long flight on an ERJ145 given passenger numbers however its probably the best aircraft for the route.

gunnerman

Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pm

Antigua PM says former Barbados LIAT pilots are ‘rotten elements’ who destroyed the airline.
https://barbadostoday.bb/2021/03/22/antigua-pm-says-former-barbados-liat-pilots-are-rotten-elements-who-destroyed-the-airline/

bennett123

Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:44 pm

Hard to see how his comments will help.

baje427

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:07 pm

Are Lingus has announced MAN-BGI starting October 20th.

https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/press ... /108/12965

Caymanair

Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:34 pm

baje427 wrote:

Will this be the first Aer Lingus service to the Caribbean?

gunnerman

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:14 pm

To my knowledge Aer Lingus has never flown to the Caribbean. This will be a new base at MAN which EI is setting up. I believe that BA will be codesharing on the routes.

BWA900

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:03 am

Caymanair wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Will this be the first Aer Lingus service to the Caribbean?

Aer Lingus served Barbados in the early 70s using their Boeing 747
Flown: A300 A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A359 A388 AT72 AT76 B712 B735 B736 B737 B738 B739 B38M B744 B752 B753 B763 B772ER B772LR B77W B788 B789 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9 DH8A DH8B DH8D E145 E170 E190

Caymanair

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:07 am

I've been following their plans for a MAN base, and did think that they might launch some Caribbean services. Hopefully BGI is just a start! and I'd love to see them develop some routes from DUB, as that is one of the best unexplored markets for some destinations in the region.

LimaFoxTango

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:57 am

ANU is also apart of Aer Lingus' plan. Announcement on a start date may be made soon.

caribny

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:20 am

https://www.caribbean-airlines.com/#/ca ... leases/359

BW is integrating its new BGI JFK service with connections to DOM, SVD and GND. This effective April. This will be the only same airline service on the JFK DOM so that should do OK. GND has B6 with nonstop so I do not see this is relevant to that island.

YQBexYHZBGM

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:04 pm

caribny wrote:

BW is integrating its new BGI JFK service with connections to DOM, SVD and GND. This effective April. This will be the only same airline service on the JFK DOM so that should do OK. GND has B6 with nonstop so I do not see this is relevant to that island.

I am pleased to see BW making an effort to ensure same-day connections between JFK and some of the lesser-served islands in the Eastern Caribbean. I believe this will serve both tourists and the NYC Caribbean diaspora community well. That being said, an easy same-day connection between DOM and MIA is still wanting.

The long-awaited international airport is not going to entirely resolve the challenges facing Dominica. LIAT (if it survives) and InterCaribbean (JY) need to better coordinate their schedules between DOM and nearby airports that have long-established, sustainable overseas flights. Bottom line, BGI should not be the only connection point. Connections via SXM, ANU and UVF could easily be made available if the regional carriers were to focus on connectivity in scheduling their flights. JY's service between DOM and EIS is not ideal for connectivity, as Tortola itself has far fewer overseas flight options than St. Maarten or Antigua. Air Antilles (3S) previously offered good connectivity between DOM and overseas flights at PTP, but that option is currently suspended. I do believe Seaborne Airlines / Silver (BB) deserves an honorable mention here: it would appear that their afternoon flights between SJU and DOM were scheduled to maximize connectivity via SJU.

Personal story: I traveled to Dominica just before the COVID-19 pandemic began. I ended up having to overnight in PTP in both directions and reach Dominica by ferry. Less determined travelers would, no doubt, eschew The Nature Isle in favour of more easily reachable destinations. Pity.

Brickell305

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:48 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
caribny wrote:

I am pleased to see BW making an effort to ensure same-day connections between JFK and some of the lesser-served islands in the Eastern Caribbean. I believe this will serve both tourists and the NYC Caribbean diaspora community well. That being said, an easy same-day connection between DOM and MIA is still wanting.

The long-awaited international airport is not going to entirely resolve the challenges facing Dominica. LIAT (if it survives) and InterCaribbean (JY) need to better coordinate their schedules between DOM and nearby airports that have long-established, sustainable overseas flights. Bottom line, BGI should not be the only connection point. Connections via SXM, ANU and UVF could easily be made available if the regional carriers were to focus on connectivity in scheduling their flights. JY's service between DOM and EIS is not ideal for connectivity, as Tortola itself has far fewer overseas flight options than St. Maarten or Antigua. Air Antilles (3S) previously offered good connectivity between DOM and overseas flights at PTP, but that option is currently suspended. I do believe Seaborne Airlines / Silver (BB) deserves an honorable mention here: it would appear that their afternoon flights between SJU and DOM were scheduled to maximize connectivity via SJU.

Personal story: I traveled to Dominica just before the COVID-19 pandemic began. I ended up having to overnight in PTP in both directions and reach Dominica by ferry. Less determined travelers would, no doubt, eschew The Nature Isle in favour of more easily reachable destinations. Pity.

DOM has been traditionally been connected to the rest of the world via ANU, BGI, SJU, and SXM. Pre-pandemic, there was ample service to all of those transit points. Keep in mind that immediately after Hurricane Maria in 2017, the airport in DOM was temporarily closed and that required the kind of overnight in PTP that you describe. However, once the airport reopened, that was no longer necessary and quite frankly would not make much sense. Unless you were traveling between DOM and France, PTP as a transit point is fairly useless. The connectivity between PTP and the US/LON/YYZ (the places most people traveling to/from DOM are coming from/going to) is minimal to non-existent.

With regard to DOM more generally, I am not sure who they expect to attract with the international airport. DOM will always be a niche tourism market at best. Ross University has moved. There is a VFR market but it's not particularly large. DOM has a population of just around 80K so outbound travel won't necessarily be high. I wish them well though.

caribny

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:43 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
caribny wrote:

JYs EIS DOM service is aimed at the O&D market between those 2 islands. There is a large Dominican diaspora living in other parts of the northeast Caribbean. 3S also serves that role, in addition to connections to the international markets.

caribny

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:43 pm

caribny

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:21 pm

Brickell305 wrote:

DOM has been traditionally been connected to the rest of the world via ANU, BGI, SJU, and SXM. Pre-pandemic, there was ample service to all of those transit points. Keep in mind that immediately after Hurricane Maria in 2017, the airport in DOM was temporarily closed and that required the kind of overnight in PTP that you describe. However, once the airport reopened, that was no longer necessary and quite frankly would not make much sense. Unless you were traveling between DOM and France, PTP as a transit point is fairly useless. The connectivity between PTP and the US/LON/YYZ (the places most people traveling to/from DOM are coming from/going to) is minimal to non-existent.

With regard to DOM more generally, I am not sure who they expect to attract with the international airport. DOM will always be a niche tourism market at best. Ross University has moved. There is a VFR market but it's not particularly large. DOM has a population of just around 80K so outbound travel won't necessarily be high. I wish them well though.

Given growing trends of "health & wellness" tourism DOM is well poised to carve out its own niche. Increasing numbers of the more upscale market want something other than hordes of visitors in all inclusive resorts sunning on beaches. It will never be a major destination, but then that is its appeal.

Will its international airport work? I doubt it as even SVD and TAB struggle with theirs in terms of attracting the level of international airlift that makes these projects viable. Sandals in SVD might jump start better access, so it will not shock to see B6 joining VS in launching new service. DOM will never get Sandals though. Maybe the airport will get a less than daily AA from MIA and several private jets. DOM will use its passport $$ to subsidize some service.

Do not under estimate PTP though. France is an important source market for DOMs leisure sector., as are the French Antilles (though these arrive mainly by ferry). DOMs largest tourism markets are the Caribbean (meaning the French Antilles) and "other countries" (meaning continental Europe).

Depending on how BW handles its logistics at BGI it might be an easier in transit experiences than negotiating a transfer from AA/B6 at SJU to Seaborne. The appeal of this route will be if passengers can disembark one BW plane and immediately be directed to the intransit area to await the other flight.

LimaFoxTango

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:14 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
caribny wrote:

It might be same day connection going, but I don't think its same return. BW ops 1x weekly BGI-DOM, so it may be a multi-day layover in BGI on return, unless that changes.

caribbean484

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:10 pm

LimaFoxTango wrote:
YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
caribny wrote:

It might be same day connection going, but I don't think its same return. BW ops 1x weekly BGI-DOM, so it may be a multi-day layover in BGI on return, unless that changes.

They are increasing DOM to 2w and the BGI-SVD-GND-BGI routes to 3w

It seems CAL also wants to start AXA (Anguilla) in the Summer
https://theanguillian.com/2021/03/carib ... WDSBHaDg1o
All ah we is one family

caribbean484

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:28 pm

Caymanair wrote:
I've been following their plans for a MAN base, and did think that they might launch some Caribbean services. Hopefully BGI is just a start! and I'd love to see them develop some routes from DUB, as that is one of the best unexplored markets for some destinations in the region.

It seems that now that EI is apart of IAG it maybe more worthwhile for them to do outside London international operations rather than BA, to compete with VS and the holiday airlines. Its seems ANU will be added and hopefully once things come back they will add UFV and TAB to the schedule. Maybe we will see them in MBJ also.

gunnerman wrote:
Antigua PM says former Barbados LIAT pilots are ‘rotten elements’ who destroyed the airline.
https://barbadostoday.bb/2021/03/22/antigua-pm-says-former-barbados-liat-pilots-are-rotten-elements-who-destroyed-the-airline/

bennett123 wrote:

I mean I honestly don't know what to think again of this saga, so Gaston Browne expects people to work for free to keep his political project afloat while the airline still has obligations to fulfill. The attack on the employees are uncalled for and shows a rather desperate politician who wants everyone's else's money while getting the glory. That law will most likely be struck down and that is why he is lashing out.
At this point LI should just stay permanently closed as it seems from his attitude it will be the same old song and dance.
All ah we is one family

YQBexYHZBGM

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 pm

Following up on the discussion of BW's plans to improve connections between JFK and some of the lesser-served islands...

Any thoughts as to why there seems to be little effort to resolve the very poor connectivity between KIN / MBJ and the English-speaking islands of the Eastern Caribbean? The idea that completing an intra-regional business trip might well require a detour via MIA, FLL or even JFK is beyond ludicrous.

In my opinion, any regional carrier that wants to "build back better" post-COVID really ought to take this into consideration. I don't even think that using existing origin / destination statistics would be valid for evaluating potential routes, as the pax counts are based on the current linkages which pose such significant impediments to intra-regional travel.

Although I've heard hushed mentions of enmity between the island nations from time to time -- whether valid or not -- surely improved transportation links between Jamaica and the Eastern Caribbean would benefit the economy of the entire region.

A330Inter

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:30 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
Following up on the discussion of BW's plans to improve connections between JFK and some of the lesser-served islands...

Any thoughts as to why there seems to be little effort to resolve the very poor connectivity between KIN / MBJ and the English-speaking islands of the Eastern Caribbean? The idea that completing an intra-regional business trip might well require a detour via MIA, FLL or even JFK is beyond ludicrous.

In my opinion, any regional carrier that wants to "build back better" post-COVID really ought to take this into consideration. I don't even think that using existing origin / destination statistics would be valid for evaluating potential routes, as the pax counts are based on the current linkages which pose such significant impediments to intra-regional travel.

Although I've heard hushed mentions of enmity between the island nations from time to time -- whether valid or not -- surely improved transportation links between Jamaica and the Eastern Caribbean would benefit the economy of the entire region.

If the question is about BW who has developed a strong presence in KIN in the past, my guess is that their fleet cannot make these routes viable in current state, 737 is too much capacity to fill on regular basis and flights are too long for ATR. Would the Embraer190 size aircraft make it work, maybe?

Wouldn't ANU be a great hub for them in order to serve the smaller islands and the US?

baje427

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:32 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:

I think BW is in survival mode at the moment and that's probably why they are trying with traditional VFR routes. Regional travel is depressed at the moment and will be for some time .I suspect when the Trinidad borders reopen that BW will retreat to its home market until things start to recover.

baje427

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:48 pm

A330Inter wrote:
YQBexYHZBGM wrote:

If the question is about BW who has developed a strong presence in KIN in the past, my guess is that their fleet cannot make these routes viable in current state, 737 is too much capacity to fill on regular basis and flights are too long for ATR. Would the Embraer190 size aircraft make it work, maybe?

Wouldn't ANU be a great hub for them in order to serve the smaller islands and the US?

Given regional politics ANU is a non starter.

Brickell305

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:59 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:

Pre-COVID, BW served KIN-E. Caribbean very well. From KIN, they served ANU, BGI, POS, and SXM. Those are the biggest markets to/from KIN and between those four, people could connect onwards to any other island. There isn't much demand between MBJ and the E. Caribbean so no real need to provide direct service there. Post-COVID, BW is in survival mode and regional demand is in the dumps. There really isn't any need to serve that market currently.

Brickell305

Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:04 am

caribbean484 wrote:
Caymanair wrote:

It seems that now that EI is apart of IAG it maybe more worthwhile for them to do outside London international operations rather than BA, to compete with VS and the holiday airlines. Its seems ANU will be added and hopefully once things come back they will add UFV and TAB to the schedule. Maybe we will see them in MBJ also.

gunnerman wrote:

bennett123 wrote:

I mean I honestly don't know what to think again of this saga, so Gaston Browne expects people to work for free to keep his political project afloat while the airline still has obligations to fulfill. The attack on the employees are uncalled for and shows a rather desperate politician who wants everyone's else's money while getting the glory. That law will most likely be struck down and that is why he is lashing out.
At this point LI should just stay permanently closed as it seems from his attitude it will be the same old song and dance.

Unless AXA is paying for this service, it doesn't make sense to me. They may get some connects to/from LON but I don't see much more than that. If that's the market they are after, they might be better off looking at EIS which probably gets more regional traffic too.

LimaFoxTango

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:52 am

Brickell305 wrote:
caribbean484 wrote:
Caymanair wrote:

gunnerman wrote:

bennett123 wrote:

Unless AXA is paying for this service, it doesn't make sense to me. They may get some connects to/from LON but I don't see much more than that. If that's the market they are after, they might be better off looking at EIS which probably gets more regional traffic too.

Agreed. Not sure why someone would go to BGI to make a UK connection while ANU is 30 mins from AXA. LI used to do very well in AXA particularly with flights to STT and SKB. I don't see this lasting very long.

caribny

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:39 pm

LimaFoxTango wrote:

Agreed. Not sure why someone would go to BGI to make a UK connection while ANU is 30 mins from AXA. LI used to do very well in AXA particularly with flights to STT and SKB. I don't see this lasting very long.

I think that AXA is negotiating in public. BW would only do this if some AXA interests cover all the operating costs as this is bound to be a low load flight. There are existing LON connections via ANU based on BA/VS service there so this isnt needed.. A 68 seater plane to AXA makes no sense. Even LI abandoned AXA a while ago when they began to drop "social routes". The various Anguillan carriers with their 9 seater planes are more appropriate.

As to LI the question is whether the staff currently working get paid on time. I assume that they must be otherwise why show up to work. The others are creditors,just like everyone else. That is until LI emerges from its currently de facto bankruptcy status.

Caymanair

Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:49 pm

KX has taken delivery of their 3rd 737-8, which should be landing in GCM within the hour.

caribny

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Caymanair wrote:
KX has taken delivery of their 3rd 737-8, which should be landing in GCM within the hour.

So KX will be fully ready once GCM is fully reopened. At least one legacy Caribbean carrier seems to be managing.

gunnerman

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:50 pm

UA will expand its Caribbean network from 13 May with more flights than it did before in 2019.

From ORD
Aruba (AUA) Weekly
Montego Bay (MBJ) Weekly
Nassau (NAS) 2x weekly
Punta Cana (PUJ) Daily
San Juan (SJU) Daily
St. Thomas (STT) 2x weekly
Cancun (CUN) 2x daily
Cozumel (CZM) Weekly

From DEN
Nassau Weekly
Cancun 3x Daily

From IAH
Aruba Weekly
Montego Bay 4x Weekly
Nassau 10x Weekly
Turks and Caicos (PLS) Weekly
Punta Cana 2x Weekly
San Juan 18x Weekly
St Thomas Daily
Belize 2x Daily
Roatan (RTB) 5x Weekly
Cancun 5x Daily

From EWR
Aruba 2x daily
Aguadilla (BQN) Daily
Montego Bay 10x Weekly
Nassau Daily
Turks and Caicos Daily
Puerto Plata 3x Weekly
Punta Cana 11x Weekly
Santo Domingo (SDQ) 3x daily
Santiago (STI) 3x daily
St Thomas 2x daily
St Maarten Daily
Cancun 3x daily
Belize (BZE) 2x weekly

LimaFoxTango

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:15 pm

gunnerman wrote:
UA will expand its Caribbean network from 13 May with more flights than it did before in 2019.

From ORD
Aruba (AUA) Weekly
Montego Bay (MBJ) Weekly
Nassau (NAS) 2x weekly
Punta Cana (PUJ) Daily
San Juan (SJU) Daily
Cancun (CUN) 2x daily
Cozumel (CZM) Weekly

From DEN
Nassau Weekly
Cancun 3x Daily

From IAH
Aruba Weekly
Montego Bay 4x Weekly
Nassau 10x Weekly
Punta Cana 2x Weekly
San Juan 18x Weekly
St Thomas Daily
Belize 2x Daily
Roatan (RTB) 5x Weekly
Cancun 5x Daily

From EWR
Aruba 2x daily
Aguadilla (BQN) Daily
Montego Bay 10x Weekly
Nassau Daily
Turks and Caicos Daily
Puerto Plata 3x Weekly
Punta Cana 11x Weekly
Santiago (STI) 3x daily
St Thomas 2x daily
St Maarten Daily
Cancun 3x daily
Belize (BZE) 2x weekly

No ANU from EWR? Did B6 run them off even before they began?

caribny

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:01 am

LimaFoxTango wrote:
gunnerman wrote:

From ORD
Aruba (AUA) Weekly
Montego Bay (MBJ) Weekly
Nassau (NAS) 2x weekly
Punta Cana (PUJ) Daily
San Juan (SJU) Daily
Cancun (CUN) 2x daily
Cozumel (CZM) Weekly

From DEN
Nassau Weekly
Cancun 3x Daily

From IAH
Aruba Weekly
Montego Bay 4x Weekly
Nassau 10x Weekly
Punta Cana 2x Weekly
San Juan 18x Weekly
St Thomas Daily
Belize 2x Daily
Roatan (RTB) 5x Weekly
Cancun 5x Daily

From EWR
Aruba 2x daily
Aguadilla (BQN) Daily
Montego Bay 10x Weekly
Nassau Daily
Turks and Caicos Daily
Puerto Plata 3x Weekly
Punta Cana 11x Weekly
Santiago (STI) 3x daily
St Thomas 2x daily
St Maarten Daily
Cancun 3x daily
Belize (BZE) 2x weekly

The USVI is well favored. DR also. Others less so. MBJ usually gets 2xD from IAH and EWR. Now less so.

Brickell305

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:14 am

LimaFoxTango wrote:
gunnerman wrote:

From ORD
Aruba (AUA) Weekly
Montego Bay (MBJ) Weekly
Nassau (NAS) 2x weekly
Punta Cana (PUJ) Daily
San Juan (SJU) Daily
Cancun (CUN) 2x daily
Cozumel (CZM) Weekly

From DEN
Nassau Weekly
Cancun 3x Daily

From IAH
Aruba Weekly
Montego Bay 4x Weekly
Nassau 10x Weekly
Punta Cana 2x Weekly
San Juan 18x Weekly
St Thomas Daily
Belize 2x Daily
Roatan (RTB) 5x Weekly
Cancun 5x Daily

From EWR
Aruba 2x daily
Aguadilla (BQN) Daily
Montego Bay 10x Weekly
Nassau Daily
Turks and Caicos Daily
Puerto Plata 3x Weekly
Punta Cana 11x Weekly
Santiago (STI) 3x daily
St Thomas 2x daily
St Maarten Daily
Cancun 3x daily
Belize (BZE) 2x weekly

UA dropped ANU prior to B6 announcing it was starting the route. They dropped it shortly after the testing requirement to re-enter the US was implemented.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos