Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

caribny

Re: Caribbean Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:42 pm

maverick4002 wrote:
caribny wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
I would like to see BW acquire a few (1-3) Max 9/10s for use on their most pouplar routes

Not even sure which their most popular routes are post Covid as T&T remains quiet about reopening, and we do not know what state it will be in when it does. BW has now lost the GEO market. None of its KIN routes can be considered "popular".

Receipts on BW losing GEO?

AA now a monopoly on the MIA GEO and daily on the JFK GEO. B6 with A321s 4x out of JFK. BW 3x and a % of these passengers might be continuing on to POS. Certainly seems as if BW isnt the giant in GEO that it was pre Covid. With nominal Covid quarantine protocols into GEO and one of the fastest growing economies I will suggest that the GEO travel market is probably one of the least impaired in the Caribbean.

You really do not seem to understand that BW isnt really that popular among Guyanese, given its legacy of high fares and now that others are cheaper no wonder BW is at the back of the line. YYZ GEO isnt strong enough to offset loss out of JFK.

Brickell305

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:50 pm

caribbean484 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
baje427 wrote:
Given that AA and B6 are now entrenched in GEO BW can no longer command a premium on their fares .

What evidence is there that B6 is that entrenched? I’m not saying that they’re not doing well but their frequency is more or less the same as BW whereas AA is a daily nonstop. At one point they were serving it twice weekly via SJU. What makes you say B6 is entrenched while BW is not?

In 2008-2009 CAL was getting bids for the replacement of the Dash8 and Bombardier offered Q400 and the Cseries to BW to cover the gap between 70 seats to 160 seats as to where it is now. It will be interesting to know where the strategy plan to address that gap because it will be obvious that there are opportunities, however the 738 might be too large for some routes to get daily flights and the ATR72 may not have the range/payload to do some routes.
It could be in the future BW will look into A220/EJet2 for more optimal market performance.

From POS, other than the aforementioned PBM, where would they be looking to fly them though? PTY? BOG? They wouldn't need them for the island routes other than maybe doing some nonstops to KIN to cycle them between hubs. I think anything in the Western Caribbean could be better served by flowing it over KIN. The one possible exception to that may be HAV so as to connect it with an easy one stop to GEO with more frequency. I think the use case for KIN is better as it would open up a bunch of US cities and could still be used for Caribbean flights. For POS, I think there'd only be a handful of routes where it'd be worthwhile.

Brickell305

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:07 pm

Trinidad and Tobago appears to be going into another severe lockdown due to a rising number of COVID-19 cases. This does not appear to bode well for a reopening of the border any time soon.

https://www.looptt.com/content/bars-mal ... strictions

caribny

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:09 am

aa1818 wrote:
baje427 wrote:
Given that AA and B6 are now entrenched in GEO BW can no longer command a premium on their fares .

Not sure that's quite right.
Unlike other territories who may scorn BW, despite some negative press comments in Guyana (the media in Guyana holds nothing back bear in mind so take it with a pinch of salt); BW has loyally served the market. They're not like the other fly-by-night operators of the past.
That said, BW had a virtually monopoly, so charges as any other carrier would have based on demand and supply.
Back when BW served the market, Guyana was not an oil producer and not particularly high up on the visitors' list of places to visit.
Now is a whole different story. Needless to say the market has grown exponentially. While fares certainly have dropped, they are by no means as low as they can be in other competitive markets. So my take is that BW will hold its own just fine and will share the existing as well as expanded market with the other two new carriers. While AA and B6 offer other extras, many Guyanese are Caribbean Miles or Club Caribbean members and I have spoke to many of them who continue to fly BW because of the OGL-BGI and GEO-POS options as there are still strong business connections there.

AA1818

To say that "Guyanese are loyal to BW" is a joke. Until recently Guyanese had a choice of rinky dink charters or BW, so BW had a near monopoly. Now AA and B6 are in the market, and both are now ahead of BW in market penetration. JFK is by far the largest source of travel into GEO. MIA will see growth, and AA will grab all of that. On the JFK B6 has an A321 at 4x while BW is at 3x, and not all of the seats are for GEO. AA is now daily.

3 airlines competing and guess who is still the most expensive? Guyanese opinions of BW are what you see in the papers. Even the BW CEO periodically goes on his "apology" tour in GEO and then does nothing when he returns to his Piarco haunts.. Please understand something. A Guyanese is a Guyanese NOT a Trinidadian. BW is a TRINIDAD product NOT a Guyanese one. Boarding the plane one sees Trinidadians, NOT Guyanese, so to think that Guyanese will be as loyal to BW as a T&T person will be is beyond silly, but apparently BW thinks so.

For YEARS complaints about BW fares, and now that AA and B6 are on the scene, guess who remains the most expense? BW! I tell you the folks at Piarco needs serious mental counselling or are convinced that GEO doesnt matter. And this isnt a $20 gap. Its $150! On what basis does BW expect to get business, especially when people who havent had choice now have 2 other credible carriers to select. And yes the BW FF people are galloping over to AA FF.

Here is the BW talking about JFK GEO and POS KIN being 2 of their best routes and I have heard this mentioned before. Now think why she as a T&T person goes to Jamaica to talk about Guyana. Clearly that GEO JFK route occupies her brain and she isnt the only person to say so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1grvnZlkqE

BW must learn to understand the market that it has served for decades. So long in the market yet they just refuse to come out of their Ivory Towers at Piarco to understand that people just do not think that BW offers a product that is 40% better than the competition! Soon GEO will be like KIN. Good for POS and BGI and not much else. That is unless BW fixes itself. Maybe T&T folks will pay premium to support their airline but Guyanese will select based on convenience, service, and yes fares. And now that POS will remain closed indefinitely FF preferences will be based on flights to MIA and beyond.

gunnerman

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:18 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
Trinidad and Tobago appears to be going into another severe lockdown due to a rising number of COVID-19 cases. This does not appear to bode well for a reopening of the border any time soon.

You have to ask yourself what is the GoRTT's plan for getting out of the mess it's in as the border closure (since March 2020) and lockdowns must be considered crude measures which are not a solution, rather they give you time to find a solution. How is it that a test, trace and isolate system to contain the virus has failed, so leading to another lockdown? And as vaccinations are proceeding at a snail's pace, it is hard to see when borders will reopen and flights resume.

aa1818

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:19 pm

caribny wrote:
To say that "Guyanese are loyal to BW" is a joke.

I'm guessing you don't quite understand quotation marks- someone has to actually say that for you to use them. I never said that. I said that BW will continue to hold their own. I really do dislike being misquoted; read and understand, before such a passionate response! I take it you are Guyanese but living outside?

caribny wrote:
3 airlines competing and guess who is still the most expensive?

Great point- and if an airline is able to maintain a decent load factor, that is actually what the industry calls a yield premium!

caribny wrote:
Please understand something. A Guyanese is a Guyanese NOT a Trinidadian. BW is a TRINIDAD product NOT a Guyanese one. Boarding the plane one sees Trinidadians, NOT Guyanese, so to think that Guyanese will be as loyal to BW as a T&T person will be is beyond silly, but apparently BW thinks so.

Then I guess many, including yourself, will be quite disappointed when they hear the American accents see American crew on AA and B6. Your point makes no sense- but you have passion and venom against CAL/ Trinis- I give you that! As I stated in my previous post, I think BW will hold its own and all three carriers will benefit from the massive increase in traffic that quite frankly warrants all three operating the various routes.

Stop the anti-airline/ anti-country rhetoric and just enjoy aviation- the more variety or airlines, aircraft and routes; the better!

Cheers,
AA1818

aa1818

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:41 pm

gunnerman wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

You have to ask yourself what is the GoRTT's plan for getting out of the mess it's in as the border closure (since March 2020) and lockdowns must be considered crude measures which are not a solution, rather they give you time to find a solution. How is it that a test, trace and isolate system to contain the virus has failed, so leading to another lockdown? And as vaccinations are proceeding at a snail's pace, it is hard to see when borders will reopen and flights resume.

Unfortunately this is due to ineffective governance and leadership.
- poor planning for vaccines- the Gov't is blaming global demand, but they started too late; they dropped the ball big time here

- ineffective border lockdown- closing the airport and restricting citizens who wished to return (and subject themselves to the protocols of 2 PCR tests and a period of quarantine) would have sufficed, but the Government did not lock down our maritime borders. Years of improper maintenance of our coast guard vessels, lack of funding for police sea-craft, spiteful politicking with the Air Guard fleet, letting the radar system lie idle and in disrepair let to Venezuelans fleeing via the sea routes and entering Trinidad illegally in droves- tens of thousands. I am all for migration and resettling; I think there are tremendous economic benefits to be had, but due to the lack of s system to control this- unfortunately and ultimately many came with COVID and were not subject to the same protocols leading to easy spread. The Brazilian virus came here through no other channel than illegal migration. Meanwhile citizens sit in foreign countries for months without the courtesy of correspondence from their own Government.

- lack of proper measures- while reopening restaurants etc had one caveat, they must close at 10pm, there was no curfew. So the population decided that private functions in private homes was the way to socialize. While the PM yesterday chastised the population he was just as guilty- in January during the THA elections, he partied and limed; over Easter in Tobago, he socialized and ended up testing positive for COVID, one of his close advisors had a wedding for his daughter in St. Clair with over 250 persons present including the AG and other high ranking political figures (no masks) and many ended up being positive as a result of that function. Better planning and management i.e. a 9pm or 10pm curfew would have helped cub the spread. Instead the measures announced do nothing more than hurt an already financially battered population.

All the while, business suffers, Caribbean Airlines remains closed, many lost opportunities to do business overseas and other countries are opening up borders and have systems in place for their citizens as well as visitors.

Caribbean Airlines, I have no doubt, will survive this scourge, but it will be battered and bruised and will require some out of the box leadership and thinking to get it back to it's pre-pandemic financial position.

Cheers,
AA1818

gunnerman

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:46 pm

The only reason that Caribbean Airlines will survive is because of government backing, otherwise it would now be bankrupt. And it's government funding and guarantees to lessors which enabled the airline to recently commit to the dry lease of the 12 MAX 8s.

maverick4002

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:56 pm

caribny wrote:
aa1818 wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Unlike other territories who may scorn BW, despite some negative press comments in Guyana (the media in Guyana holds nothing back bear in mind so take it with a pinch of salt); BW has loyally served the market. They're not like the other fly-by-night operators of the past.
That said, BW had a virtually monopoly, so charges as any other carrier would have based on demand and supply.
Back when BW served the market, Guyana was not an oil producer and not particularly high up on the visitors' list of places to visit.
Now is a whole different story. Needless to say the market has grown exponentially. While fares certainly have dropped, they are by no means as low as they can be in other competitive markets. So my take is that BW will hold its own just fine and will share the existing as well as expanded market with the other two new carriers. While AA and B6 offer other extras, many Guyanese are Caribbean Miles or Club Caribbean members and I have spoke to many of them who continue to fly BW because of the OGL-BGI and GEO-POS options as there are still strong business connections there.

AA1818

To say that "Guyanese are loyal to BW" is a joke. Until recently Guyanese had a choice of rinky dink charters or BW, so BW had a near monopoly. Now AA and B6 are in the market, and both are now ahead of BW in market penetration. JFK is by far the largest source of travel into GEO. MIA will see growth, and AA will grab all of that. On the JFK B6 has an A321 at 4x while BW is at 3x, and not all of the seats are for GEO. AA is now daily.

3 airlines competing and guess who is still the most expensive? Guyanese opinions of BW are what you see in the papers. Even the BW CEO periodically goes on his "apology" tour in GEO and then does nothing when he returns to his Piarco haunts.. Please understand something. A Guyanese is a Guyanese NOT a Trinidadian. BW is a TRINIDAD product NOT a Guyanese one. Boarding the plane one sees Trinidadians, NOT Guyanese, so to think that Guyanese will be as loyal to BW as a T&T person will be is beyond silly, but apparently BW thinks so.

For YEARS complaints about BW fares, and now that AA and B6 are on the scene, guess who remains the most expense? BW! I tell you the folks at Piarco needs serious mental counselling or are convinced that GEO doesnt matter. And this isnt a $20 gap. Its $150! On what basis does BW expect to get business, especially when people who havent had choice now have 2 other credible carriers to select. And yes the BW FF people are galloping over to AA FF.

Here is the BW talking about JFK GEO and POS KIN being 2 of their best routes and I have heard this mentioned before. Now think why she as a T&T person goes to Jamaica to talk about Guyana. Clearly that GEO JFK route occupies her brain and she isnt the only person to say so.

BW must learn to understand the market that it has served for decades. So long in the market yet they just refuse to come out of their Ivory Towers at Piarco to understand that people just do not think that BW offers a product that is 40% better than the competition! Soon GEO will be like KIN. Good for POS and BGI and not much else. That is unless BW fixes itself. Maybe T&T folks will pay premium to support their airline but Guyanese will select based on convenience, service, and yes fares. And now that POS will remain closed indefinitely FF preferences will be based on flights to MIA and beyond.

You have a vendetta against BW dont you? All of your comments are so so critical of them. You are acting as if when B6 and AA dont have monopolies that their prices are not high. It is called capitalism / business, it is what it is. If BW is pricing their flights higher they are probably getting the patronage to break even. I am sure their revenue counters have much more data than you. If they see they are losing business they will adjust accordinglt. Give them some credit for running a competent airline (pre-covid at least).

maverick4002

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:00 pm

gunnerman wrote:
The only reason that Caribbean Airlines will survive is because of government backing, otherwise it would now be bankrupt. And it's government funding and guarantees to lessors which enabled the airline to recently commit to the dry lease of the 12 MAX 8s.

And? You are saying this as if its a bad thing. 99% of the worlds airlines are still flying ONLY because of government funding in some form or the other. Dont make it seem like this is a uniquely Caribbean Airlines thing

aa1818

Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:24 pm

gunnerman wrote:

What a silly comment.
Care to share what airline around the world has survived on its own?
Ch11 (Statutory protection), CARES Act, Government Bailouts- AA, DL, UA, AC, BA, QF, AM, LATAM, LH, AF, KL, and list goes on- who survives without Government bailouts?

A small island state that needs to be connected to the rest of the world- subsidized transport, big deal? The US does this for hundreds of routes each year under the EAS.

AA1818

YQBexYHZBGM

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:26 pm

gunnerman wrote:

Given that the government-owned "flag carrier" era is mostly over, sovereign nations that don't subsidize their airline industry in some way during this difficult period risk having service replaced by offshore competitors, thereby removing jobs and other economic benefits from the national economy. Throwing cash into a money losing, poorly managed airline is a different story, and perhaps some should be doomed to fail. (I am not entirely sure that Air Jamaica deserved to be placed in this category, although some would argue otherwise). But, airlines that were at least marginally viable prior to COVID need support to carry them through this period, otherwise they would be disadvantaged vis-à-vis those who have received such support.

LimaFoxTango

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:39 pm

maverick4002 wrote:
caribny wrote:
aa1818 wrote:

AA1818

You have a vendetta against BW dont you? All of your comments are so so critical of them. You are acting as if when B6 and AA dont have monopolies that their prices are not high. It is called capitalism / business, it is what it is. If BW is pricing their flights higher they are probably getting the patronage to break even. I am sure their revenue counters have much more data than you. If they see they are losing business they will adjust accordinglt. Give them some credit for running a competent airline (pre-covid at least).

Hate to get in the middle of this fight, but BW has been rather unkind to Guyanese travelers going back decades. It’s either high fares, poor customer service, horrible timed flights and everything routing through POS. Guyanese are known for their duty free liquor purchases and imagine they were forced to dump all every time they transit POS both ways. It’s a pity BW is named Caribbean Airlines, because they are anything but. Everything is very Trinidad focused although there is a minor attempt to fix that. People can tell you of stories in the old BeeWee days of being left stranded in UVF and ANU because they filled up the aircraft ex POS and simply overflew those stops.

GUYAIR707

Sat May 01, 2021 4:47 pm

LimaFoxTango wrote:
maverick4002 wrote:
caribny wrote:

Hate to get in the middle of this fight, but BW has been rather unkind to Guyanese travelers going back decades. It’s either high fares, poor customer service, horrible timed flights and everything routing through POS. Guyanese are known for their duty free liquor purchases and imagine they were forced to dump all every time they transit POS both ways. It’s a pity BW is named Caribbean Airlines, because they are anything but. Everything is very Trinidad focused although there is a minor attempt to fix that. People can tell you of stories in the old BeeWee days of being left stranded in UVF and ANU because they filled up the aircraft ex POS and simply overflew those stops.

I have to say that I have travelled BW more than a “few” times. As a Guyanese I can say they have had issues with their Guyana leg. It is true POS pax are given priority and I have experienced it on more than one occasion. Guyana has always been a distant step relative of Trinidad, not to say they have not been helpful. However, these are different times. Guyana has many opportunities for Trinidadians in the oil sector and its spin-off businesses and, unlike Trinidad, they are welcomed in Guyana without being discriminated against.

Caribbean Airlines has a very good product, and I say that as someone who has travelled on many other carriers. Especially in business class. BW will have to become less POS centered if they want to compete in the Caribbean and to maintain their market share. They continue to have an opportunity but that window may be closing fast.

danipawa

Sun May 02, 2021 2:11 pm

DR update:

Skycana with a very bussy summer: ops with an 321 using Sky High AOC

Ops from SDQ to MAR, VLN, CCS starting this month, BOG, MDE starting June.
Ops from PUJ to BOG, MDE, MIA, HAV starting June
Ops from POP to MAR, BOG starting June

Sky High Aviation just got their TCO approved and plans to add French Guyana, Martinica and Guadalupe to their network very soon. They are flying CUR, AUA, SXM, EIS, SKB currently. BON, ANU, AXA still closed with DR.

Century flying CUR, AUA, SXM, PAP, HAV (every 2 weeks for Cuba restrictions) for now, seling their 2 S340 and on the way to reactivate their ATR72F.

Red Air is almost getting their AOC to fly MIA and PTY with MD80 from SDQ.

baje427

Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 pm

It seems JY will be joining BW on the BGI to GEO route.
https://newsroom.gy/2021/05/03/intercar ... in-guyana/

windian425

Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm

Its about time JY entered this market. No way BW should have a monopoly on this route. Hopefully they will be using OGL and not GEO. Fly Always with the F70 will have no choice but to use GEO.

caribny

Tue May 04, 2021 3:13 am

aa1818 wrote:
caribny wrote:
To say that "Guyanese are loyal to BW" is a joke.

I'm guessing you don't quite understand quotation marks- someone has to actually say that for you to use them. I never said that. I said that BW will continue to hold their own. I really do dislike being misquoted; read and understand, before such a passionate response! I take it you are Guyanese but living outside?

caribny wrote:
3 airlines competing and guess who is still the most expensive?

Great point- and if an airline is able to maintain a decent load factor, that is actually what the industry calls a yield premium!

caribny wrote:
Please understand something. A Guyanese is a Guyanese NOT a Trinidadian. BW is a TRINIDAD product NOT a Guyanese one. Boarding the plane one sees Trinidadians, NOT Guyanese, so to think that Guyanese will be as loyal to BW as a T&T person will be is beyond silly, but apparently BW thinks so.

Then I guess many, including yourself, will be quite disappointed when they hear the American accents see American crew on AA and B6. Your point makes no sense- but you have passion and venom against CAL/ Trinis- I give you that! As I stated in my previous post, I think BW will hold its own and all three carriers will benefit from the massive increase in traffic that quite frankly warrants all three operating the various routes.

Stop the anti-airline/ anti-country rhetoric and just enjoy aviation- the more variety or airlines, aircraft and routes; the better!

Cheers,
AA1818

A Trini accent and an American are both foreign and so if the American accent charges $400 and the Trini accent charges $150 more they will take the American accent. Now you can explain the logic of a company criticized for charging too much then continues to be the most expensive.

Now you can mount on your throne of Trini-ism if you wish, but these are the FACTS! BW is handing the market over to B6 and AA. People are loyal to their pockets. They might also have some national pride as a factor, but BW does NOT enjoy this with Guyanese anymore than they did with Jamaicans.

This route cannot support 3 airlines so someone will suffer.

caribbean484

Tue May 04, 2021 8:17 pm

GUYAIR707 wrote:
LimaFoxTango wrote:
maverick4002 wrote:

I have to say that I have travelled BW more than a “few” times. As a Guyanese I can say they have had issues with their Guyana leg. It is true POS pax are given priority and I have experienced it on more than one occasion. Guyana has always been a distant step relative of Trinidad, not to say they have not been helpful. However, these are different times. Guyana has many opportunities for Trinidadians in the oil sector and its spin-off businesses and, unlike Trinidad, they are welcomed in Guyana without being discriminated against.

Caribbean Airlines has a very good product, and I say that as someone who has travelled on many other carriers. Especially in business class. BW will have to become less POS centered if they want to compete in the Caribbean and to maintain their market share. They continue to have an opportunity but that window may be closing fast.

I'm not even getting into the middle of this, all I will place here is that data:
Between Nov last year to March BW's load factor to GEO-NYC was around 85% off peak with 3 week flights.
During the Easter period the airline literally had 96% loads for a 3 week stretch on daily services and was charging 20% more on the market than the other competitors.
Forward looking bookings are also looking very healthy for BW with flights for June already at 70% of ASM, and Summer demand between the city pairs are looking very good so far. I believe that they will upload summer to daily by month's end.
GEO-YYZ-GEO also seeing 80% load factor so far.
When the MAX's arrive on property, my bet is that if POS does not open (more likely now) it will head into GEO with its much better inflight product.

YQBexYHZBGM

Tue May 04, 2021 9:03 pm

caribbean484 wrote:
... Forward looking bookings are also looking very healthy for BW with flights for June already at 70% of ASM, and Summer demand between the city pairs are looking very good so far. I believe that they will upload summer to daily by month's end. GEO-YYZ-GEO also seeing 80% load factor so far. When the MAX's arrive on property, my bet is that if POS does not open (more likely now) it will head into GEO with its much better inflight product.

Just did a quick check, BW's fare YYZ-GEO for 4 June is $28 less than AA's, and BW is nonstop vs. AA's two stops. Unless I were really desperate for AAdvantage miles or upgrades, guess which one I'd choose? Also kinda surprised AC hasn't figured out there's potential here, at least post-COVID.

9YCAL

Wed May 05, 2021 1:54 am

caribbean484 any stats on the Ogle flights?

GUYAIR707

Wed May 05, 2021 11:21 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
caribbean484 wrote:
... Forward looking bookings are also looking very healthy for BW with flights for June already at 70% of ASM, and Summer demand between the city pairs are looking very good so far. I believe that they will upload summer to daily by month's end. GEO-YYZ-GEO also seeing 80% load factor so far. When the MAX's arrive on property, my bet is that if POS does not open (more likely now) it will head into GEO with its much better inflight product.

Just did a quick check, BW's fare YYZ-GEO for 4 June is $28 less than AA's, and BW is nonstop vs. AA's two stops. Unless I were really desperate for AAdvantage miles or upgrades, guess which one I'd choose? Also kinda surprised AC hasn't figured out there's potential here, at least post-COVID.

I do believe Westjet was exploring the route.

smokeybandit

Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 pm

The Bahamas, for the first time in its history, is assuming management of its sovereign airspace in a move that could yield $300 to $350 million over the next 10 years, according to Tourism and Aviation Minister Dionisio D’Aguilar.

https://ewnews.com/the-skies-are-ours-b ... usha-pitts

Caymanair

Thu May 06, 2021 4:50 pm

The new government in the Cayman Islands appears to be maintaining the pandemic policies of the last one. Borders remain closed, with the following set to continue through end of June:

MIA - 2x weekly on KX
KIN - 1x weekly on KX
LCE - 1x monthly on KX
LHR - 2x monthly on BA

Plus private jets.

caribbean484

Fri May 07, 2021 12:45 am

9Y-CAL is outside today.

9YCAL wrote:

Hovering around 40-50%

caribbean484

Fri May 07, 2021 1:15 am

Caymanair wrote:
The new government in the Cayman Islands appears to be maintaining the pandemic policies of the last one. Borders remain closed, with the following set to continue through end of June:

MIA - 2x weekly on KX
KIN - 1x weekly on KX
LCE - 1x monthly on KX
LHR - 2x monthly on BA

Plus private jets.

For some reason, I thought that Cayman reopened its borders last month.

smokeybandit wrote:
The Bahamas, for the first time in its history, is assuming management of its sovereign airspace in a move that could yield $300 to $350 million over the next 10 years, according to Tourism and Aviation Minister Dionisio D’Aguilar.

https://ewnews.com/the-skies-are-ours-b ... usha-pitts

Cool one day we will be hearing Nassau Center on the ATC its a good start for Bahamas to control its airspace and build technical expertise.

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
caribbean484 wrote:

Unless you are an AAdvantage member then taking CAL is a no-brainer, rather than 2 stops in the US.

DaveMetroD

Fri May 07, 2021 10:58 am

caribbean484 wrote:

Unless you are an AAdvantage member then taking CAL is a no-brainer, rather than 2 stops in the US.

Unless you save lots of money on the ticket, I can't see anyone wanting to go through USA entry inspection only to continue into Canada and repeating the process.

aa1818

Fri May 07, 2021 11:35 am

caribbean484 wrote:
9Y-CAL is outside today.

Interesting- Looks sharp/ clean. To state the obvious- very Eurowhite. I'm still on the fence about the liveries, though I really like CAL's branding- the ads and other branding look fun and vibrant, yet still subtle enough to look corporate.
I still wonder whether they will add the squiggly lines on the fuselage...

Glad to see the refleeting begin in earnest and look forward to the day when T&T's borders reopen to see how all these darts CAL has thrown out on the map pan out.

Cheers,
AA1818

BWIA 772

Fri May 07, 2021 1:52 pm

caribbean484 wrote:
9Y-CAL is outside today.

9YCAL wrote:

Glad that they didn't put the stripes on the side of the aircraft as the "cosquelle"(garish)mess on the tail is enough. Hope to see the Trinidad and CARICOM flag added.

So are they doing CAL - CAW? Or do they plan on reusing IATA airport code regs as the older aircraft leave the fleet.

Regards
BWIA 772

baje427

Fri May 07, 2021 2:30 pm

caribbean484 wrote:
9Y-CAL is outside today.

9YCAL wrote:

Hovering around 40-50%

With a different font on the Caribbean this livery could have worked.

Brickell305

Fri May 07, 2021 2:31 pm

The conversation about LFs inspired me to look up the BTS statistics on routes where BW competes against US carriers. Keep in mind that these stats have a 6 month delay. Destinations like POS will have latest numbers as at March/April 2020 when the borders closed and flights stopped.

JFK-POS

Jan 2020

B6 5360/7059 - 75.93%
BW 7435/11250 - 66.09%

Feb 2020

B6 6414/8416 - 76.2%
BW 9244/11550 - 80.03%

Mar 2020

B6 1599/4192 - 38.14%
BW 3388/7350 - 46.1%

POS-JFK

Jan 2020

B6 5385/7209 - 74.7%
BW 7327/10950 - 66.9%

Feb 2020

B6 5116/8254 - 61.98%
BW 7384/11850 - 62.31%

Mar 2020

B6 3048/4204 - 72.5%
BW 5345/7200 - 74.24%

MIA-POS

Jan 2020

AA 10383/11524 - 90.1%
BW 3564/4650 - 76.65%

Feb 2020

AA 10665/12384 - 86.12%
BW 3334/4350 - 76.64%

Mar 2020

AA 4166/7224 - 57.67%
BW 1191/2850 - 41.79%

POS-MIA

Jan 2020

AA 9962/11696 - 85.17%
BW 3609/4650 - 77.61%

Feb 2020

AA 9330/12384 - 75.34%
BW 3135/4350 - 72.07%

Mar 2020

AA 5599/7224 - 77.51%
BW 1736/2850 - 60.91%

FLL-POS

Jan 2020

B6 2322/2706 - 85.81%
BW 2652/3750 - 70.72%

Feb 2020

B6 2555/3018 - 84.66%
BW 2853/3750 - 76.08%

Mar 2020

B6 835/1398 - 59.73%
BW 1085/2250 - 48.22%

POS-FLL

Jan 2020

B6 2183/2694 - 81.03%
BW 2191/3750 - 58.43%

Feb 2020

B6 2586/3018 - 85.69%
BW 2496/3750 - 66.56%

Mar 2020

B6 1191/1398 - 85.19%
BW 1613/2250 - 71.69%

JFK-GEO

Jan 2020

AA 3619/5296 - 68.33%
BW 3448/6600 - 52.24%

Feb 2020

AA 3661/4976 - 73.57%
BW 3908/6000 - 65.13%

Mar 2020

AA 1063/2680 - 39.66%
BW 1528/4350 - 35.13%

Oct 2020

BW 260/750 - 34.67%

GEO-JFK

Jan 2020

AA 4057/4988 - 81.33%
BW 4582/6600 - 69.42%

Feb 2020

AA 3587/4988 - 71.91%
BW 3499/5700 - 61.39%

Mar 2020

AA 2029/2852 - 71.14%
BW 2541/4200 - 60.5%

Oct 2020

BW 198/750 - 26.4%

I will do the J'ca routes later as that takes quite a bit more work.

caribbean484

Fri May 07, 2021 2:37 pm

BWIA 772 wrote:
caribbean484 wrote:
9Y-CAL is outside today.

9YCAL wrote:

Glad that they didn't put the stripes on the side of the aircraft as the "cosquelle"(garish)mess on the tail is enough. Hope to see the Trinidad and CARICOM flag added.

So are they doing CAL - CAW? Or do they plan on reusing IATA airport code regs as the older aircraft leave the fleet.

Regards
BWIA 772

Knowing CAL I think it will be the former.
I think the "CARIBBEAN" is too small and simple, It would have been better to be stylish on the name font.

baje427

Fri May 07, 2021 2:47 pm

baje427 wrote:
caribbean484 wrote:
9Y-CAL is outside today.

9YCAL wrote:

Hovering around 40-50%

With a different font on the Caribbean this livery could have worked. Any word on the in flight product as yet?

caribbean484

Fri May 07, 2021 3:54 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
The conversation about LFs inspired me to look up the BTS statistics on routes where BW competes against US carriers. Keep in mind that these stats have a 6 month delay. Destinations like POS will have latest numbers as at March/April 2020 when the borders closed and flights stopped.

JFK-POS

Jan 2020

B6 5360/7059 - 75.93%
BW 7435/11250 - 66.09%

Feb 2020

B6 6414/8416 - 76.2%
BW 9244/11550 - 80.03%

Mar 2020

B6 1599/4192 - 38.14%
BW 3388/7350 - 46.1%

POS-JFK

Jan 2020

B6 5385/7209 - 74.7%
BW 7327/10950 - 66.9%

Feb 2020

B6 5116/8254 - 61.98%
BW 7384/11850 - 62.31%

Mar 2020

B6 3048/4204 - 72.5%
BW 5345/7200 - 74.24%

MIA-POS

Jan 2020

AA 10383/11524 - 90.1%
BW 3564/4650 - 76.65%

Feb 2020

AA 10665/12384 - 86.12%
BW 3334/4350 - 76.64%

Mar 2020

AA 4166/7224 - 57.67%
BW 1191/2850 - 41.79%

POS-MIA

Jan 2020

AA 9962/11696 - 85.17%
BW 3609/4650 - 77.61%

Feb 2020

AA 9330/12384 - 75.34%
BW 3135/4350 - 72.07%

Mar 2020

AA 5599/7224 - 77.51%
BW 1736/2850 - 60.91%

FLL-POS

Jan 2020

B6 2322/2706 - 85.81%
BW 2652/3750 - 70.72%

Feb 2020

B6 2555/3018 - 84.66%
BW 2853/3750 - 76.08%

Mar 2020

B6 835/1398 - 59.73%
BW 1085/2250 - 48.22%

POS-FLL

Jan 2020

B6 2183/2694 - 81.03%
BW 2191/3750 - 58.43%

Feb 2020

B6 2586/3018 - 85.69%
BW 2496/3750 - 66.56%

Mar 2020

B6 1191/1398 - 85.19%
BW 1613/2250 - 71.69%

JFK-GEO

Jan 2020

AA 3619/5296 - 68.33%
BW 3448/6600 - 52.24%

Feb 2020

AA 3661/4976 - 73.57%
BW 3908/6000 - 65.13%

Mar 2020

AA 1063/2680 - 39.66%
BW 1528/4350 - 35.13%

Oct 2020

BW 260/750 - 34.67%

GEO-JFK

Jan 2020

AA 4057/4988 - 81.33%
BW 4582/6600 - 69.42%

Feb 2020

AA 3587/4988 - 71.91%
BW 3499/5700 - 61.39%

Mar 2020

AA 2029/2852 - 71.14%
BW 2541/4200 - 60.5%

Oct 2020

BW 198/750 - 26.4%

I would be very careful posting Load factors for last year Covid as airlines were blocking middle seats and some first class seats for social distancing.

Brickell305

Fri May 07, 2021 4:08 pm

caribbean484 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

JFK-POS

Jan 2020

B6 5360/7059 - 75.93%
BW 7435/11250 - 66.09%

Feb 2020

B6 6414/8416 - 76.2%
BW 9244/11550 - 80.03%

Mar 2020

B6 1599/4192 - 38.14%
BW 3388/7350 - 46.1%

POS-JFK

Jan 2020

B6 5385/7209 - 74.7%
BW 7327/10950 - 66.9%

Feb 2020

B6 5116/8254 - 61.98%
BW 7384/11850 - 62.31%

Mar 2020

B6 3048/4204 - 72.5%
BW 5345/7200 - 74.24%

MIA-POS

Jan 2020

AA 10383/11524 - 90.1%
BW 3564/4650 - 76.65%

Feb 2020

AA 10665/12384 - 86.12%
BW 3334/4350 - 76.64%

Mar 2020

AA 4166/7224 - 57.67%
BW 1191/2850 - 41.79%

POS-MIA

Jan 2020

AA 9962/11696 - 85.17%
BW 3609/4650 - 77.61%

Feb 2020

AA 9330/12384 - 75.34%
BW 3135/4350 - 72.07%

Mar 2020

AA 5599/7224 - 77.51%
BW 1736/2850 - 60.91%

FLL-POS

Jan 2020

B6 2322/2706 - 85.81%
BW 2652/3750 - 70.72%

Feb 2020

B6 2555/3018 - 84.66%
BW 2853/3750 - 76.08%

Mar 2020

B6 835/1398 - 59.73%
BW 1085/2250 - 48.22%

POS-FLL

Jan 2020

B6 2183/2694 - 81.03%
BW 2191/3750 - 58.43%

Feb 2020

B6 2586/3018 - 85.69%
BW 2496/3750 - 66.56%

Mar 2020

B6 1191/1398 - 85.19%
BW 1613/2250 - 71.69%

JFK-GEO

Jan 2020

AA 3619/5296 - 68.33%
BW 3448/6600 - 52.24%

Feb 2020

AA 3661/4976 - 73.57%
BW 3908/6000 - 65.13%

Mar 2020

AA 1063/2680 - 39.66%
BW 1528/4350 - 35.13%

Oct 2020

BW 260/750 - 34.67%

GEO-JFK

Jan 2020

AA 4057/4988 - 81.33%
BW 4582/6600 - 69.42%

Feb 2020

AA 3587/4988 - 71.91%
BW 3499/5700 - 61.39%

Mar 2020

AA 2029/2852 - 71.14%
BW 2541/4200 - 60.5%

Oct 2020

BW 198/750 - 26.4%

I would be very careful posting Load factors for last year Covid as airlines were blocking middle seats and some first class seats for social distancing.

That is true. Though most of these numbers run through March 2020 which was well before seat blocking policies went in to effect on any airline. We get to see two "normal" months in Jan/Feb 2020 and then March where the pandemic began to affect travel

caribbean484

Fri May 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
caribbean484 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

JFK-POS

Jan 2020

B6 5360/7059 - 75.93%
BW 7435/11250 - 66.09%

Feb 2020

B6 6414/8416 - 76.2%
BW 9244/11550 - 80.03%

Mar 2020

B6 1599/4192 - 38.14%
BW 3388/7350 - 46.1%

POS-JFK

Jan 2020

B6 5385/7209 - 74.7%
BW 7327/10950 - 66.9%

Feb 2020

B6 5116/8254 - 61.98%
BW 7384/11850 - 62.31%

Mar 2020

B6 3048/4204 - 72.5%
BW 5345/7200 - 74.24%

MIA-POS

Jan 2020

AA 10383/11524 - 90.1%
BW 3564/4650 - 76.65%

Feb 2020

AA 10665/12384 - 86.12%
BW 3334/4350 - 76.64%

Mar 2020

AA 4166/7224 - 57.67%
BW 1191/2850 - 41.79%

POS-MIA

Jan 2020

AA 9962/11696 - 85.17%
BW 3609/4650 - 77.61%

Feb 2020

AA 9330/12384 - 75.34%
BW 3135/4350 - 72.07%

Mar 2020

AA 5599/7224 - 77.51%
BW 1736/2850 - 60.91%

FLL-POS

Jan 2020

B6 2322/2706 - 85.81%
BW 2652/3750 - 70.72%

Feb 2020

B6 2555/3018 - 84.66%
BW 2853/3750 - 76.08%

Mar 2020

B6 835/1398 - 59.73%
BW 1085/2250 - 48.22%

POS-FLL

Jan 2020

B6 2183/2694 - 81.03%
BW 2191/3750 - 58.43%

Feb 2020

B6 2586/3018 - 85.69%
BW 2496/3750 - 66.56%

Mar 2020

B6 1191/1398 - 85.19%
BW 1613/2250 - 71.69%

JFK-GEO

Jan 2020

AA 3619/5296 - 68.33%
BW 3448/6600 - 52.24%

Feb 2020

AA 3661/4976 - 73.57%
BW 3908/6000 - 65.13%

Mar 2020

AA 1063/2680 - 39.66%
BW 1528/4350 - 35.13%

Oct 2020

BW 260/750 - 34.67%

GEO-JFK

Jan 2020

AA 4057/4988 - 81.33%
BW 4582/6600 - 69.42%

Feb 2020

AA 3587/4988 - 71.91%
BW 3499/5700 - 61.39%

Mar 2020

AA 2029/2852 - 71.14%
BW 2541/4200 - 60.5%

Oct 2020

BW 198/750 - 26.4%

That is true. Though most of these numbers run through March 2020 which was well before seat blocking policies went in to effect on any airline. We get to see two "normal" months in Jan/Feb 2020 and then March where the pandemic began to affect travel

Yep that's why I said Covid, basically from March when things went to hell in a handbasket.

caribbean484

Sat May 08, 2021 1:22 am

Non-stop Madrid-Cozumel flights return July 1
https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/non-s ... reloaded=1
As of July 1, the island of Cozumel will again see the arrival of a direct Madrid-Cozumel flight by Evelop-Iberojet. Cozumel mayor Pedro Joaquín Delbouis points out that this connection will unite Europe with Cozumel again after 15 years.

“We are acting in Cozumel with great responsibility. Today, I can say that we have left behind the most critical moments of the pandemic,” said Delbouis.

Paul Verhagen, Deputy Director General of Iberojet confirmed that as of July 1, they will fly to Cozumel from Barajas Airport in Madrid with an Airbus 330 and a capacity of 388 passengers. The flight is scheduled to be a weekly frequency.

He said that during the summer months, 11 or 12 flights are planned, but “if the demand responds, we will extend that period. It will be the only non-stop flight between Madrid and Cozumel, which will connect Spain with Quintana Roo,” he said.

Well this is good news Curacao wants to sign more open skies agreements and hopefully, regional airlines can benefit more from the freedoms.

https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/l ... t-maarten/
The Hague busy with aviation treaties for Curacao and Sint Maarten
THE HAGUE

Curaçao wants to conclude (new) aviation treaties with no fewer than 34 countries. Sint Maarten is a bit more modest with 10 countries. This is evident from an overview that Minister Stef Blok of Foreign Affairs has sent to the Second Chamber of the Dutch Parliament today.

International treaties are a matter of the kingdom with the other countries conducted by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The list sent by Minister Blok to the Chamber includes the countries with which negotiations were underway on 1 April.

In addition to several countries in the region such as Colombia and Trinidad, Curaçao also wants to make treaties with Gambia, Ghana, the Seychelles, Vietnam and Iceland, among others. The wish list of Sint Maarten includes Qatar, Luxembourg and also Iceland.

BWIA330

Sat May 08, 2021 12:04 pm

Not sure if any of you noticed but AC has now planned the 737 Max 8 to POS from YYZ once the borders re open. More than likely this will be temporary once the bookings pick up and the A330 would be subbed in for higher demand. Also GEO was on the potential new route maps for AC and has been on their radar for a few years.

Regards,
BWIA330

TriniA340

Sat May 08, 2021 1:03 pm

baje427 wrote:
With a different font on the Caribbean this livery could have worked. Any word on the in flight product as yet?

Colourful seat accents. Seatback screens in J only. BYOD in Y.

smokeybandit

Sat May 08, 2021 1:41 pm

New airport expected to be completed within next two years
NASSAU, BAHAMAS — The government today signed a multimillion-dollar contract for the redevelopment of Exuma International Airport and broke ground on the new infrastructure.

https://ewnews.com/upgrade-incoming-bah ... g-ceremony

baje427

Sat May 08, 2021 5:03 pm

TriniA340 wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Colourful seat accents. Seatback screens in J only. BYOD in Y.

Thanks they went with the same concept as CM any word on the delivery date?

phatfarmlines

Sat May 08, 2021 7:00 pm

caribbean484 wrote:
9Y-CAL is outside today.

That new livery is lacking character and doesn't bring a Caribbean feel. It looks like something I would expect from a LCC/ULCC European carrier.

INFINITI329

Mon May 10, 2021 9:17 pm

caribbean484 wrote:
9Y-CAL is outside today.

9YCAL wrote:

Hovering around 40-50%

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: its a no for me on this livery...rather the old one. This one is boring. I would be ok with the new hummingbird on the old livery

aa1818

Tue May 11, 2021 12:15 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
This one is boring. I would be ok with the new hummingbird on the old livery

I think the lettering should be much bigger on the side especially since it just says Caribbean.

AA1818

jmdc861

Tue May 11, 2021 5:18 pm

Very disappointed with this livery!

caribny

Fri May 14, 2021 4:10 pm

maverick4002 wrote:

I never said that BW was a bad airline. My problem is the Trinicentric arrogance of its management which it inherited from BWIA. If an important market has complaints about the product that you provide you respond. BW didnt and so now B6 and AA are eating their dinner.

For years Bajans and others complained about BWIA overflying their islands when they were overbooked out of POS. An annual event at BGI after Crop Over was Bajans complaining about being abandoned when BWIA arrived from POS full with passengers to JFK (over booked) and then stranding Bajans who had booked seats months before. Reported in the Bajan papers. And yes BWIA used to have a solid cadre of "loyal" Bajans but they lost them. We will see if BW will get them back now they are struggling with a weekly JFK BGI service.

When they took over Air Jamaica's routes Jamaicans were forced to wait for HOURS at JFK while they saw planes taking off ON TIME for POS. What a bad first impression that reinforced their skepticism. Now BW is marginal on the JFK KIN, the only North American route left out of Jamaica. They are now begging back into JFK BGI and I bet that Mia Motley is not given them a cent for this route.

All this not because BW is a bad carrier. To the contrary its inflight service is well regarded, despite its suboptimal IFE. Its the management parked at Piarco who are to blame.

I will suggest to you that if BW has only 3 out of 14 flights ex JFK to GEO, when they once had 10 out of 12 then BW could NOT be doing well. Yes this is business. When a company uses its monopoly to exploit the market it makes it easy for others to enter. Its all business and not an anti T&T vendetta.

caribny

Fri May 14, 2021 4:25 pm

Brickell305 wrote:

JFK-POS

Jan 2020

B6 5360/7059 - 75.93%
BW 7435/11250 - 66.09%

Feb 2020

B6 6414/8416 - 76.2%
BW 9244/11550 - 80.03%

Mar 2020

B6 1599/4192 - 38.14%
BW 3388/7350 - 46.1%

POS-JFK

Jan 2020

B6 5385/7209 - 74.7%
BW 7327/10950 - 66.9%

Feb 2020

B6 5116/8254 - 61.98%
BW 7384/11850 - 62.31%

Mar 2020

B6 3048/4204 - 72.5%
BW 5345/7200 - 74.24%

MIA-POS

Jan 2020

AA 10383/11524 - 90.1%
BW 3564/4650 - 76.65%

Feb 2020

AA 10665/12384 - 86.12%
BW 3334/4350 - 76.64%

Mar 2020

AA 4166/7224 - 57.67%
BW 1191/2850 - 41.79%

POS-MIA

Jan 2020

AA 9962/11696 - 85.17%
BW 3609/4650 - 77.61%

Feb 2020

AA 9330/12384 - 75.34%
BW 3135/4350 - 72.07%

Mar 2020

AA 5599/7224 - 77.51%
BW 1736/2850 - 60.91%

FLL-POS

Jan 2020

B6 2322/2706 - 85.81%
BW 2652/3750 - 70.72%

Feb 2020

B6 2555/3018 - 84.66%
BW 2853/3750 - 76.08%

Mar 2020

B6 835/1398 - 59.73%
BW 1085/2250 - 48.22%

POS-FLL

Jan 2020

B6 2183/2694 - 81.03%
BW 2191/3750 - 58.43%

Feb 2020

B6 2586/3018 - 85.69%
BW 2496/3750 - 66.56%

Mar 2020

B6 1191/1398 - 85.19%
BW 1613/2250 - 71.69%

JFK-GEO

Jan 2020

AA 3619/5296 - 68.33%
BW 3448/6600 - 52.24%

Feb 2020

AA 3661/4976 - 73.57%
BW 3908/6000 - 65.13%

Mar 2020

AA 1063/2680 - 39.66%
BW 1528/4350 - 35.13%

Oct 2020

BW 260/750 - 34.67%

GEO-JFK

Jan 2020

AA 4057/4988 - 81.33%
BW 4582/6600 - 69.42%

Feb 2020

AA 3587/4988 - 71.91%
BW 3499/5700 - 61.39%

Mar 2020

AA 2029/2852 - 71.14%
BW 2541/4200 - 60.5%

Oct 2020

BW 198/750 - 26.4%

And these stats show that even before B6 entered BW was losing ground. Note that this was AAs first year on the JFK GEO nonstop route.

YYZ is a much smaller market to GEO than is JFK. That is unless gold and oil related travel has changed the dynamics If so BW better show that they learned a lesson from its mistake on the JFK GEO and not exploit the market or AC might well enter in a post pandemic era. Most of this traffic originates in YYZ.

I agree that a more imaginative font could have made the livery great, but its a definite improvement over the current one.

maverick4002

Sat May 15, 2021 3:05 pm

caribny wrote:
maverick4002 wrote:

I never said that BW was a bad airline. My problem is the Trinicentric arrogance of its management which it inherited from BWIA. If an important market has complaints about the product that you provide you respond. BW didnt and so now B6 and AA are eating their dinner.

For years Bajans and others complained about BWIA overflying their islands when they were overbooked out of POS. An annual event at BGI after Crop Over was Bajans complaining about being abandoned when BWIA arrived from POS full with passengers to JFK (over booked) and then stranding Bajans who had booked seats months before. Reported in the Bajan papers. And yes BWIA used to have a solid cadre of "loyal" Bajans but they lost them. We will see if BW will get them back now they are struggling with a weekly JFK BGI service.

Look, BW is a trinidad airline. Trinidad provides the funds so it will be Trini centric. You dont like it, then got to AA and B6 who are Americna focused. Six of one half a dozen of the other. And you are delusional if you think those two airlines came to GEO because of BW's bad product and that they care so much about Guyana. THEY ARE THERE ONLY BECUASE OF THE NEW FOUND OIL RESERVES. And I'd like some receipts about B6/AA eating BW's dinner in GEO right now?

When they took over Air Jamaica's routes Jamaicans were forced to wait for HOURS at JFK while they saw planes taking off ON TIME for POS. What a bad first impression that reinforced their skepticism. Now BW is marginal on the JFK KIN, the only North American route left out of Jamaica. They are now begging back into JFK BGI and I bet that Mia Motley is not given them a cent for this route.

All this not because BW is a bad carrier. To the contrary its inflight service is well regarded, despite its suboptimal IFE. Its the management parked at Piarco who are to blame.

I will suggest to you that if BW has only 3 out of 14 flights ex JFK to GEO, when they once had 10 out of 12 then BW could NOT be doing well. Yes this is business. When a company uses its monopoly to exploit the market it makes it easy for others to enter. Its all business and not an anti T&T vendetta.

maverick4002

Sat May 15, 2021 3:07 pm

caribny wrote:
maverick4002 wrote:

Also, not to be captain obvious here, but there is this thing called COVID. Everyone is running reduced schedules and due to BW's nature, the routing of their aircraft to GEO might be a bit more complicated than the US airlines who can fly direct from their hubs. And while missteps are made by every company, miss me with than nonsense about the Jamaican market. They never wanted to support a Trini airline, regardless of what happened in your JFK example.

baje427

Sat May 15, 2021 10:30 pm

Anyone know why so many of the BW flights into BGI are being cancelled?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos