Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

novarupta

Re: Caribbean Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
novarupta wrote:
baje427 wrote:
Does anyone know how flight loads are looking into the region? Anecdotally it seems EI's loads into BGI have been pretty abysmal I've seen multiple references to these flights having no more than 40 pax on board. In addition, with this new variant of Covid the future is perhaps dim for international travel.

Regarding Antigua

With BA it looks as though loads have fallen off a bit from a peak in around mid-late October, as we’re back to just one daily out of Gatwick (we had two on about three or four days weekly at one stage, as well as a BA out of Heathrow, but those have stopped). Loads on VS out of Heathrow aren’t bad but seem vary a fair bit day to day.

Loads out of Canada seem to be on the upswing, with RV deploying the A321 and WS recently resuming out of Toronto. Miami and Newark seems to be on the rise regarding loads as well, AA having two 737s out of Miami on Saturdays (one on the other days), while we have UA and B6 now operating out of Newark with consistent decent load factor (70-75ish percent load factor average from what I gathered at work).

Inter island traffic is still hit and miss out of Antigua - LIAT is pretty much still in limbo, slowly adding/resuming more routes and getting be third airplane back online (undergoing a heavy check here and was briefly parts donor). But that’s all still in the balance - the government claims investors are onboard but I take that with a bucket of seasoning. Inter Caribbean has one or two flights weekly out of Barbados/Provo using the E145 (so far just one seems to be operating?), and one daily out of Tortola. Sky high has been pretty full on their once weekly (Saturdays) out of SDQ. Caribbean Airlines seems to be doing ok with the once weekly POS-ANU-POS using the ATR as well, same for the twice weekly operation out of KIN.

Question though - isn’t the cruise ship home-porting helping the the loads out of the UK/EU? Have you seen any increase in that regard?

When did UA restart EWR-ANU? What days does it fly? Also, isn't ANU-KIN on BW only once weekly on Sundays?

Sorry, yes 458/459 indeed only operates Sundays, for some reason I keep thinking that they still had the run on Fridays as well. UA resumed about two Saturdays ago, using the 737-900/ER.

novarupta

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:10 pm

baje427 wrote:
novarupta wrote:
baje427 wrote:
Does anyone know how flight loads are looking into the region? Anecdotally it seems EI's loads into BGI have been pretty abysmal I've seen multiple references to these flights having no more than 40 pax on board. In addition, with this new variant of Covid the future is perhaps dim for international travel.

Regarding Antigua

With BA it looks as though loads have fallen off a bit from a peak in around mid-late October, as we’re back to just one daily out of Gatwick (we had two on about three or four days weekly at one stage, as well as a BA out of Heathrow, but those have stopped). Loads on VS out of Heathrow aren’t bad but seem vary a fair bit day to day.

Loads out of Canada seem to be on the upswing, with RV deploying the A321 and WS recently resuming out of Toronto. Miami and Newark seems to be on the rise regarding loads as well, AA having two 737s out of Miami on Saturdays (one on the other days), while we have UA and B6 now operating out of Newark with consistent decent load factor (70-75ish percent load factor average from what I gathered at work).

Inter island traffic is still hit and miss out of Antigua - LIAT is pretty much still in limbo, slowly adding/resuming more routes and getting be third airplane back online (undergoing a heavy check here and was briefly parts donor). But that’s all still in the balance - the government claims investors are onboard but I take that with a bucket of seasoning. Inter Caribbean has one or two flights weekly out of Barbados/Provo using the E145 (so far just one seems to be operating?), and one daily out of Tortola. Sky high has been pretty full on their once weekly (Saturdays) out of SDQ. Caribbean Airlines seems to be doing ok with the once weekly POS-ANU-POS using the ATR as well, same for the twice weekly operation out of KIN.

Question though - isn’t the cruise ship home-porting helping the the loads out of the UK/EU? Have you seen any increase in that regard?

In terms of cruise traffic BY handles most of these I think . I would say the number of flights have been slightly down compared to pre Covid levels but I can't speak to the loads. I had a relative arrive last week on AA via CLT and they said there were about 50 people on the plane including the crew. On the ground things seem busier.

Here it’s still somewhat volatile - like one week you’ll see high loads, then a couple weeks later a big drop off, but lately it’s been improving steadily. We do have an AA flight out of CLT as well, originally with the A319 but recently they switched to the 737-800.

We haven’t seen the return of Condor out of Frankfurt or Blue Panorama/Neos (depends on what the package agent chooses) out of Milan yet either.

Caribbean007

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:33 pm

usxguy wrote:
Not sure if Belize is considered part of Caricom, but Alaska Airlines operated their first flight to Belize City yesterday. Lots of festivities. Alaska also announced that LA-Belize City will operate year round.

Photos from yesterday's flight from clients of mine,Tropic Air Belize, and Belize Tourism Board:

Depend in the context you are talking Belize can be consider as Caribbean part, same way that Cancun is consider as Mexican Caribbean, and Dominican Republic can be consider as part of Central America because we are member of the SICA.

windian425

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:45 pm

Forward bookings for the new JY services PLS-ANU-BGI-GEO starting 17th December are encouraging... Of course this includes the holiday traffic so we will have to see how they do from mid-January. Although the PLS-ANU-BGI legs are 2x weekly, the BGI-GEO-BGI flights are at least daily.

Zidane

Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:07 pm

novarupta wrote:
baje427 wrote:
novarupta wrote:

Regarding Antigua

In terms of cruise traffic BY handles most of these I think . I would say the number of flights have been slightly down compared to pre Covid levels but I can't speak to the loads. I had a relative arrive last week on AA via CLT and they said there were about 50 people on the plane including the crew. On the ground things seem busier.

Here it’s still somewhat volatile - like one week you’ll see high loads, then a couple weeks later a big drop off, but lately it’s been improving steadily. We do have an AA flight out of CLT as well, originally with the A319 but recently they switched to the 737-800.

We haven’t seen the return of Condor out of Frankfurt or Blue Panorama/Neos (depends on what the package agent chooses) out of Milan yet either.

Didn't Condor axe ANU well before the pandemic? Also Blue Panorama appears to be in financial trouble.

LimaFoxTango

Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:23 pm

baje427 wrote:
LimaFoxTango wrote:
Caribbean007 wrote:
They has been flying and looks like its not a problem.

Fun fact. An ATR 42 has more baggage capacity (weight and space) than an E145.

Interesting how about the Dash 8's ?

It also carriers more than the equally sized Dash 8 300.

novarupta

Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:55 pm

Zidane wrote:
novarupta wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Didn't Condor axe ANU well before the pandemic? Also Blue Panorama appears to be in financial trouble.

They’re normally seasonal here, but they did indeed cancel the last winter schedule due to the pandemic, my understanding was they were to resume this winter (albeit date still unknown). With Milan, Blue Panorama is normally the contracted carrier used for the travel agency operating the run, but they’ve also used Neos and on one winter, Alitalia (in the past it was Lauda/Livingston) - so it’s yet to be seen who will be operating it this year.

caribny

Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:10 pm

baje427 wrote:

Plus it looks that BW is withdrawing its JFK BGI service. Canceled last week, again this week and will be canceled next week.

caribny

Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:15 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
novarupta wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Regarding Antigua

When did UA restart EWR-ANU? What days does it fly? Also, isn't ANU-KIN on BW only once weekly on Sundays?

Yes KIN ANU Sunday only.

windian425

Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:12 pm

caribny wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Plus it looks that BW is withdrawing its JFK BGI service. Canceled last week, again this week and will be canceled next week.

The CAL JFK BGI weekly service resumes in mid-December. Not sure how long it will last after the holiday period. They simply cannot compete with B6 on this route.

caribny

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:58 am

windian425 wrote:
caribny wrote:
baje427 wrote:

The CAL JFK BGI weekly service resumes in mid-December. Not sure how long it will last after the holiday period. They simply cannot compete with B6 on this route.

Its scheduling also doesnt help them. One northbound on Thursday, not a peak day. Maybe if they did a Sa/Sa service it would have worked out better. And as they get into the Jan/Mar slump in the VFR I do not expect them to thrive.

BW is completely absent in the leisure markets and in any case BGI doesnt seem to be doing well out of the USA, based on the depressed AA and B6 schedules. Normally the Thanksgiving period jump starts such travel but that doesnt seem be happening this year.

I think that US travelers are favoring the northern Caribbean even more than usual. PR/USVI are booming and Jamaica is also doing fairly well. ANU/UVF seem to be better off in the US markets as well. Too bad that BGI might get hit with its Euro dependency if the pandemic raises its head again.

Brickell305

Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:11 pm

caribny wrote:
windian425 wrote:
caribny wrote:

Its scheduling also doesnt help them. One northbound on Thursday, not a peak day. Maybe if they did a Sa/Sa service it would have worked out better. And as they get into the Jan/Mar slump in the VFR I do not expect them to thrive.

BW is completely absent in the leisure markets and in any case BGI doesnt seem to be doing well out of the USA, based on the depressed AA and B6 schedules. Normally the Thanksgiving period jump starts such travel but that doesnt seem be happening this year.

I think that US travelers are favoring the northern Caribbean even more than usual. PR/USVI are booming and Jamaica is also doing fairly well. ANU/UVF seem to be better off in the US markets as well. Too bad that BGI might get hit with its Euro dependency if the pandemic raises its head again.

I don’t know about B6 but AA is back to its normal schedule in BGI for the holiday season. It’s double daily out of Miami (3x daily on Saturdays) and daily out of CLT. UA is also restarting flights to BGI this holiday season. I don’t know the loads but from a capacity perspective, BGI doesn’t appear to be doing any worse than usual. Unless of course, B6 has cut back drastically.

novarupta

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:57 pm

Looks like we’ll be seeing a drop in UK (and maybe EU?) arrivals this winter in ANU after all.

Minister just announced travel restrictions into South Africa, Hong Kong, Belgium and Botswana - with possible further restrictions extending to the UK and additional EU countries as well.

baje427

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:30 pm

caribny wrote:
windian425 wrote:
caribny wrote:

B6 is pretty much back to their regular schedule they just dropped an extra JFK run on Saturday. If the pandemic raises it's head again all travel will be impacted not just EU.

caribny

Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:36 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
caribny wrote:
windian425 wrote:

I don’t know about B6 but AA is back to its normal schedule in BGI for the holiday season. It’s double daily out of Miami (3x daily on Saturdays) and daily out of CLT. UA is also restarting flights to BGI this holiday season. I don’t know the loads but from a capacity perspective, BGI doesn’t appear to be doing any worse than usual. Unless of course, B6 has cut back drastically.

Pre Covid B6 was (almost) double daily to JFK, had FLL, and AA was triple daily to MIA with some A321 service with this, plus daily CLT. I think a total of 46 flights from the USA weekly. Remember the expansion of Sandals room stock in BGI led to AA and B6 battling it out for market share.

Feb 2022 AA will be double daily to MIA with 738 in addition to its CLT. B6 will be just a daily to JFK, with no FLL. UA is adding service on Sa/Su but not enough to offset. This despite additional home port cruise activity. I will suggest that BGI is more off its US arrivals than are ANU and UVF, which are the other major Eastern Caribbean tourist destinations.
Last edited by caribny on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caribny

Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:39 pm

baje427 wrote:
caribny wrote:
windian425 wrote:

B6 is pretty much back to their regular schedule they just dropped an extra JFK run on Saturday. If the pandemic raises it's head again all travel will be impacted not just EU.

You forgot that B6 used to have an overnight service from JFK several times weekly in addition to the normal daily service. I know Bajans who were always on that overnight because it was cheaper and it gave them an extra day upon arrival. They also had the 2 Sat afternoon flights from JFK, plus EWR. So the overnight plus the extra Sa have gone. Maybe about 5 weekly.

baje427

Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:52 pm

caribny wrote:
baje427 wrote:
caribny wrote:

You forgot that B6 used to have an overnight service from JFK several times weekly in addition to the normal daily service. I know Bajans who were always on that overnight because it was cheaper and it gave them an extra day upon arrival. They also had the 2 Sat afternoon flights from JFK, plus EWR. So the overnight plus the extra Sa have gone. Maybe about 5 weekly.

I actually did forget to be honest, it's unlikely that capacity would return anytime soon if ever.

windian425

Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:31 am

The US market to BGI has been slow to recover for the onset of the pandemic. The UK market however has exceeded 2019 capacity; unfortunately some of that capacity has gone to waste with lots of empty seats on EI from MAN.

embraer175e2

Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:54 pm

Is there anynews about Aruba Airlines and its operational status?

A388

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:03 pm

windian425 wrote:
The US market to BGI has been slow to recover for the onset of the pandemic. The UK market however has exceeded 2019 capacity; unfortunately some of that capacity has gone to waste with lots of empty seats on EI from MAN.

That's unfortunate. So those EI flights are a big disaster(?) How is KL doing on their BGI and POS flights? They started around the same time if I remember correctly. I got the impression they are targeting the UK market to Barbados and Trinindad(?)

A388

embraer175e2

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:50 pm

Caribbean007 wrote:
A388 wrote:
danipawa wrote:
Today Skycana/Century put for sale JFK from SDQ and STI, 2 weekly on A321 starting December 15.

Good news for them. When is their A330 coming?

A388

The 330 was announce to do the flights to JFK, but they change their plan and now will be using A321.

I think the a330 is way to big for that route. Thats why.

windian425

Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:59 pm

embraer175e2 wrote:
Caribbean007 wrote:
A388 wrote:

A388

The 330 was announce to do the flights to JFK, but they change their plan and now will be using A321.

For the life of me I cannot understand why EI would not simply substitute an A321LR on the MAN-BGI-MAN services until loads significantly improve. Suspect on some days where cruise/fly passengers are involved, its not that bad. Other days are just empty with less than 50 pax. A321LR could do that without breaking a sweat.

baje427

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:00 pm

A388 wrote:
windian425 wrote:

That's unfortunate. So those EI flights are a big disaster(?) How is KL doing on their BGI and POS flights? They started around the same time if I remember correctly. I got the impression they are targeting the UK market to Barbados and Trinindad(?)

A388

Anecdotally I don't think the EI flights have had over 100 pax onboard since the inaugural. With the UK putting restrictions in place I'd be surprised if the route lasts the entire winter season.

windian425

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:00 pm

A388 wrote:
windian425 wrote:

A388

KLM is doing much better than EI. The triangle service sure helps with these slim start up routes.

novarupta

Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 pm

A388 wrote:
windian425 wrote:

A388

It could be that the actual numbers EI got fell off from what their projections were prior to beginning service too, as it seems pretty volatile out of the UK. (BA here in ANU had both Gatwick and Heathrow earlier in October, the Heathrow numbers plummeted, then now they’re resuming Heathrow second week in December again as apparently numbers are climbing again).

novarupta

Caribbean Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 pm

On another note (regarding ANU)

LI will be beginning a fortnightly service into STX on Saturdays starting Dec 4th (next flight Dec 18th).

JY will be operating daily into PLS, EIS and BGI beginning Dec 1st (equipment E120/E145).

AA switches to two daily flights into ANU from MIA beginning Dec 16th.

3S begins four weekly flights (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat) out of BGI (and or SXM?) starting Dec 17th.

UA continues once weekly until Dec 11th, then twice weekly (Sat, Sun) out of EWR starting the 18th.

WM begins daily flights into MNI beginning Dec (1st?).

AC increases to three weekly (Thur, Fri, Sun) via Rouge) out of YYZ starting Dec 19th.
Last edited by novarupta on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Brickell305

Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:09 am

novarupta wrote:

LI will be beginning a fortnightly service into STX on Saturdays starting Dec 4th (next flight Dec 18th).

JY will be operating daily into PLS, EIS and BGI beginning Dec 1st (equipment E120/E145).

3S begins four weekly flights (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat) out of BGI (and or SXM?) starting Dec 17th.

UA continues once weekly until Dec 11th, then twice weekly (Sat, Sun) out of EWR starting the 18th.

AC increases to three weekly (Thur, Fri, Sun) via Rouge) out of YYZ starting Dec 19th.

So there’ll be 3S, BW, JY and LI on ANU-BGI? That seems like a lot even if each airline is running low frequencies.

Good to see UA back on EWR-ANU. I wonder if DL will be back on JFK-ANU? Between AA (daily), B6 (4x weekly to JFK and EWR) and UA (2x weekly) to EWR, that’s 17 weekly frequencies to NYC; quite a recovery.

novarupta

Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:54 am

Brickell305 wrote:
novarupta wrote:

So there’ll be 3S, BW, JY and LI on ANU-BGI? That seems like a lot even if each airline is running low frequencies.

Good to see UA back on EWR-ANU. I wonder if DL will be back on JFK-ANU? Between AA (daily), B6 (4x weekly to JFK and EWR) and UA (2x weekly) to EWR, that’s 17 weekly frequencies to NYC; quite a recovery.

It is a lot in that one route indeed - granted LI will only be doing it about 4 or 5 days weekly, and BW is once weekly. JY, is a weird gray are, as some persons are saying it’s really a tack onward to Guyana while others say it’s a similar setup to the old LIA521 (albeit to TIM and not OGL).

DL I heard may resume JFK closer to the Easter/Sailing week rush, barring any more COVID-19 upheavals.

Caribbean007

Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:36 pm

embraer175e2 wrote:
Caribbean007 wrote:
A388 wrote:

A388

Not exactely, is too big to start the route as not every body knows about them and their services, because they have been flying only charters, only in New York area is a home of arround 500,000 Dominicans, only from SDQ there are arround 8 daily flights to JFK, and from EWR 4 daily flights, not counting the ones to Santiago STI.

fowlr29

Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:51 pm

novarupta wrote:

3S flights operate in conjunction with WM on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Flights operate Sundays and Wednesdays: PTP-SXM-ANU-BGI-SLU-DOM-FDF and on Monday's and Fridays: PTP-DOM-SLU-BGI-ANU-SXM. WM sells seats on 3S' flights on these days.

The rest of the days of the week, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, 3S sells the seats only with the routing: PTP-ANU-BGI-DOM-PTP.

Those flights start on the 18th of December. It is a lot of capacity for sure; they'll be a 3S ATR in ANU every day of the week on one route or another.

The WM flights to MNI would be government charters most likely with the company selling the seats for Christmas.

novarupta

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:01 pm

fowlr29 wrote:
novarupta wrote:

3S flights operate in conjunction with WM on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Flights operate Sundays and Wednesdays: PTP-SXM-ANU-BGI-SLU-DOM-FDF and on Monday's and Fridays: PTP-DOM-SLU-BGI-ANU-SXM. WM sells seats on 3S' flights on these days.

The rest of the days of the week, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, 3S sells the seats only with the routing: PTP-ANU-BGI-DOM-PTP.

Those flights start on the 18th of December. It is a lot of capacity for sure; they'll be a 3S ATR in ANU every day of the week on one route or another.

The WM flights to MNI would be government charters most likely with the company selling the seats for Christmas.

I guess it’s all in anticipation of regional trips/staycations and VFRs all picking up between the islands. WM themselves were the first to do ANU-MNI when MNI first opened to fixed wing traffic as well - so I suspect the same since it’s carnival there over the Christmas holiday.

embraer175e2

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:11 pm

Caribbean007 wrote:
embraer175e2 wrote:
Caribbean007 wrote:

Not exactely, is too big to start the route as not every body knows about them and their services, because they have been flying only charters, only in New York area is a home of arround 500,000 Dominicans, only from SDQ there are arround 8 daily flights to JFK, and from EWR 4 daily flights, not counting the ones to Santiago STI.

Many b787's are being used on Kingston Jamaica which is comparable. So maybe there is room for the A330?

caribny

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:14 pm

fowlr29 wrote:
novarupta wrote:

Do not really think that BW cares about ANU BGI. The ANU stop is for the KIN ANU sector. LI will still handle intra OECS travel as well as from the VI. EIS SVD sees steady VFR flows as Vincentians are among the top 2 Caribbean immigrants there. 3S however provides an alternative for those still skeptical about LIs financial status (they still owe passengers money). JY will take over LI into GEO as the Guyana gov't has denied LI access until they can show financial vialbility.

caribny

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:17 pm

embraer175e2 wrote:
Caribbean007 wrote:
embraer175e2 wrote:

Many b787's are being used on Kingston Jamaica which is comparable. So maybe there is room for the A330?

The DR is by far the largest market out of the NY area, even bigger than into Puerto Rico. The question will be whether the Dominican VFR will accept them, given the history of Dominican carriers suddenly collapsing.

Caribbean007

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:54 pm

embraer175e2 wrote:
Caribbean007 wrote:
embraer175e2 wrote:

Yes, there is. The route to JFK is number 1 in the top 10. From July to Sept JFK-STI had 278,663 pax, and JFK-SDQ had 251,625 pax, I do not count PUJ because almost 100% of the pax are tourist.

embraer175e2

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:53 pm

Another lucrative caribbean destination for American Airlines is havana.
They use the boeing 787 on daily basis and a ticket can cost around 1000 dollars for a one hour flight.

https://havanatimes.org/news/american-a ... to-havana/

danipawa

Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:55 am

Skycana landed a 3rd A321 today, 9H-AMG wih Go Punta Cana titles.

aa1818

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:45 am

CAL's 2nd Max8 9Y-GUY has arrived in POS.

embraer175e2

Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:38 pm

A new airline in Curacao? No information about fleet.

http://fly-dutchcaribbean.com/dci_en_us ... 01-01.html

Today we are pleased to announce the birth of “Dutch Caribbean Islandhopper” (DCI), a new airline from the Dutch Caribbean, based at the Curaçao International Airport.

In very many ways, DCI is a unique Caribbean Airline. An airline with the aim to efficiently connect the communities of the Caribbean, and thereby ensuring the free flow of people, products & inspiration.

In our vision, our fast network of Caribbean & Latin American destinations will:
» Boost Inter-island Business;
» Connect our Families; and
» Inspire new & exciting tourism opportunities.

As the DNA of our company differs fundamentally from that of other airlines in the Caribbean we have uniquely positioned our self to offer a wide selection of New & Exciting products that will inspire locals, tourists, as well as various government & non-government organizations.

Where the focus of most other airlines has generally been to grow into bigger aircraft. We purposely selected the opposite. Our brands promise is to offer you:
» Sustainable;
» Comfortable;
» Efficient;
» Flexible;
» High-Frequency; and
» Non-Stop Services between smaller communities throughout our region.

Currently DCI has a fleet of 7 aircraft. Pending the further developments surrounding COVID-19, these aircraft will be gradually phased into operation starting January 2022. Our aircraft are capable of efficiently operating throughout the Caribbean Basin, and a wide selection of destinations in Latin America.

DCI is expected to complete final certification, as conducted by the Curaçao Civil Aviation Authority (CCAA) early 2022. We plan commence commercial air operations by March 15th 2022.

On (or before) December 31st 2021 further details will be announced on:
» Our fleet of aircraft;
» The destinations we will serve; and
» The services we will provide.

We invite you to join us on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest developments surrounding DCI.

Wishing you happy holidays, and looking forward to serve you in the new year,

Sincerely yours

Steven RM Chin-A-Kwie
Chief Executive Officer
Dutch Caribbean Islandhopper B.V.

embraer175e2

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Curacao airlines currently fly 8seaters 19seaters 30 seaters and 70 seaters which are considered to be not so big aircrafts. Compared with the past of our aviation history. We used to fly 50seaters and 140seaters for many years.
Not anymote. the sizes of aircraft we use have shrunken.
Question is which type will he be using. He must be flying very small aircraft ( like small private jets) for high frequency and non stop service????
Also what do he wants to say with nonstop service?.. 24/7 service ??? if so where can this be applied ?

Being different then all caribbean airlines in what ways?

baje427

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:17 pm

Apparently a passenger was able to make it all the way to Miami with a loaded gun departing BGI. I suspect this will have repercussions.

https://barbadostoday.bb/2021/12/03/man ... d-handgun/

wadadli

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:42 am

danipawa wrote:
DR updates:

Skycana is operating MIA-PUJ flights starting this 11/6 for a tour operator, A321 2 weekly every friday and saturdays until August.
Also operating Maracaibo and Valencia, Venezuela, from SDQ with 2 weekly each, for a tour operator too.
Several Colombia charters during this summer from SDQ, POP and PUJ.

RedAir is almost starting Ops with 3 MD80 from SDQ.

Sky High is operating schedule flights to BON, AUA, CUR, SXM, SKB and charters to BGI and GND.
EIS, AXA, ANU remain closed with DR.

Sky High has been operating back in ANU throughout November on Saturdays. Flights continue are bookable through March, 2022

wadadli

Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:21 pm

novarupta wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Regarding Antigua

BA like many airlines had idle capacity, both aircrafts and valuable slots so the LHR/ANU flight were scheduled for mid July through 1st week of September, 2021 and performed well so its not that it was dropped. The expectation was always that the US would open back to UK visitors in the fall which would have brought back a number of their usual LHR flights.

The 3 additional terminator LGW/ANU flights were scheduled for a 3 week period in October to cater to the high demand for the busy midterm school travel rush as the usual daily flights were full. These additional flights were loaded for sale towards the end of August and still achieved high load factors despite the short booking window so there is allot of demand. LHR returns later in December (13th) but this just for the peak Christmas holiday season through 9th January, 2022.

ANU has been doing very well with BA with it pulling 75% or more of the daily loads and it selling out almost entirely the premium cabins. LF's most days have been over 90% utilizing the ultra dense 336 seater 777 5 days a week. Forward bookings are also excellent but the wildcard of course is the new variant...

As far as BA's Caribbean network, only BGI surpases in revenue with the expensive and well sort after First cabin offered in addition to the HUGE J Club World cabin on the 77W out of LHR they have been deploying. This in addition to the seasonal flights from LGW through March.

LimaFoxTango

Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:36 pm

baje427 wrote:
Apparently a passenger was able to make it all the way to Miami with a loaded gun departing BGI. I suspect this will have repercussions.

https://barbadostoday.bb/2021/12/03/man ... d-handgun/

I find this is quite interesting given BGI security have been known to be very anal for the slightest reason.

fowlr29

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Not sure if Condor has ever been to SXM before, but today, and next week Sunday Condor arrives from FRA on what I assume are charter flights for cruise passengers. Interesting sight.

baje427

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:24 pm

BGI welcomed UA from IAD and EWR along with VS from EDI today.

embraer175e2

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:06 pm

6 carriers show interest for guyana:

https://www.facebook.com/35642206109076 ... 542120805/

caribny

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:31 pm

wadadli wrote:
danipawa wrote:
DR updates:

Skycana is operating MIA-PUJ flights starting this 11/6 for a tour operator, A321 2 weekly every friday and saturdays until August.
Also operating Maracaibo and Valencia, Venezuela, from SDQ with 2 weekly each, for a tour operator too.
Several Colombia charters during this summer from SDQ, POP and PUJ.

RedAir is almost starting Ops with 3 MD80 from SDQ.

Sky High is operating schedule flights to BON, AUA, CUR, SXM, SKB and charters to BGI and GND.
EIS, AXA, ANU remain closed with DR.

Sky High has been operating back in ANU throughout November on Saturdays. Flights continue are bookable through March, 2022

Based on Flightradar24 they are also back in AXA.

caribny

Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:24 pm

embraer175e2 wrote:
6 carriers show interest for guyana:

https://www.facebook.com/35642206109076 ... 542120805/

Imagine 4x weekly POS BGI and now 16x weekly GEO/OGL BGI.

windian425

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:07 am

https://barbadostoday.bb/2021/12/05/bar ... l-flights/
Barbadostoday Article on the 3 inaugural flights to BGI today!
Next up is JY service to GEO with their E145's..