Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

chonetsao

Re: Emirates unveils new Premium Economy Class

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:12 pm

gsg013 wrote:
aacun wrote:
So we’re back to square one . FC, BC and Coach. We just call them differently ......

YEP you hit it right on the head of the nail. That being said the new First Class products are far superior to what was First Class back in the Day and the Lay Flat J seats are superior to the old recliner business class back in the day. PE is now on par with the old J of 20 years ago, and new J is similar service wise to the old F.

I feel the same. But would you say the current business class is even better than the old First class? I remember the days when First class was a recliner in long haul! However, that being said, the average J service nowadays can not compete with the service in old F. Considering the glamorous old F style dining and silver plate service, modern J service is less impressive.

dtw2hyd

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:53 pm

fil87 wrote:
Whats so special about this? Underwhelming to say the least. Such an overrated airline.

Free publicity. One out of 118 A380s has it. None of 77Ws will have it and the first 777X enters service in 2023-24. It will cost a fortune to refit when money is tight.

Even to operate on one route will be a nightmare. Imagine a last minute equipment change.

mrkerr7474

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:19 pm

It does look very nice what EK has done with PE. The wood finish is perhaps just a little too much for my personal taste but I wouldn't hesitate to fly PE with EK. The fact they also offer 40inch between the seats, is a step above most airlines PE class which is a bonus! Hopefully the price point is pretty comparable to other airlines that offer PE

Antarius

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:08 am

sandyb123 wrote:
fil87 wrote:
Whats so special about this? Underwhelming to say the least. Such an overrated airline.

Ok so I am guessing you are not an EK fan and it’s fair to say I am. I’ve flown all over the globe with them in y j and F and I have found them to offer the best service and best cabins of any airline globally.

I’m sorry, but to say this is underwhelming is completely naive. It looks absolutely outstanding and as many have said it out-classes many airlines J. I often use miles to upgrade from Y to J or J to F but if this is as comfortable as it looks I’ll seriously consider this for sub 8 hour flights (like from my home port to Dubai).

Sandyb123

No offense, but if you're claiming EK has one of the best J cabins out there, you're flat out wrong. Objectively that is not true.

TObound

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:14 am

Is EK rolling this out substantially? Say across all their A380s or fleet wide, or just to a tiny subfleet?

hoons90

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:29 am

Looks very nice, but I would have preferred it if they installed it on the 77W since the existing Y is 10-abreast on the 77W. PY would be a great way to avoid that.
The A380 is also 10-abreast but has a wider cabin, and in my experience, the seats are really comfortable.

Yahnih

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:59 am

sandyb123 wrote:
fil87 wrote:

Ok so I am guessing you are not an EK fan and it’s fair to say I am. I’ve flown all over the globe with them in y j and F and I have found them to offer the best service and best cabins of any airline globally.

I’m sorry, but to say this is underwhelming is completely naive. It looks absolutely outstanding and as many have said it out-classes many airlines J. I often use miles to upgrade from Y to J or J to F but if this is as comfortable as it looks I’ll seriously consider this for sub 8 hour flights (like from my home port to Dubai).

Sandyb123

Lol I agree, A lot of the comments are probably from people who always fly business or above or wish they got to fly on these airlines.

I think EK’s premium economy does the job, obviously if you’re not wanting a 2-4-2 layout then go to business? Emirates has the luxury of having 4 classes, so if it’s not your liking simply change your seat.

The finishes are great, it’s gaudy for some, but that’s they’re branding. If EK were to take out the wood trim etc, I’m sure a lot of Anetters would put the headline “EMIRATES cutting back the budget, removes wood finishes” and that thread would pop off!

Anyways, great job EK, can’t wait ! I’m a big fan of Etihad which I was able to ride the First Class Apartments on the A380 and Business Studio quite often. I’m waiting to see if they’ll be able to do premium economy as elegant as EK’s but still retain their branding.

DocLightning

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:36 am

I'm impressed. This product looks nice. I agree with others that I could do without the faux wood, but that seems to be part of EK's branding.

dfwking

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:53 am

PE is currently on one A380 and on the remaining 5 that are to be delivered. Given the current financial crunch due to COVID, I would be surprised if they start retrofitting their existing aircraft anytime soon. Any word on the retrofitting schedule for the rest of the fleet?

gaystudpilot

Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:58 am

DocLightning wrote:
I'm impressed. This product looks nice. I agree with others that I could do without the faux wood, but that seems to be part of EK's branding.

Apart from the sidewalks, EK did a nice job.

Interesting point that the faux wood seems a part of EK’s branding. It’s as if EK is trying to replicate Rolls Royce’s style of luxury cabin design.

I like the warm neutral tones but wonder how long they will look nice, especially the cream colored seats.

tjcab

Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:43 am

fil87 wrote:

Didn't take long for the bashing to begin. Just can't win with some people. Geez.

Looks great to me.

tjcab

Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:59 am

Yahnih wrote:
sandyb123 wrote:
fil87 wrote:

Sandyb123

Lol I agree, A lot of the comments are probably from people who always fly business or above or wish they got to fly on these airlines.

I think EK’s premium economy does the job, obviously if you’re not wanting a 2-4-2 layout then go to business? Emirates has the luxury of having 4 classes, so if it’s not your liking simply change your seat.

The finishes are great, it’s gaudy for some, but that’s they’re branding. If EK were to take out the wood trim etc, I’m sure a lot of Anetters would put the headline “EMIRATES cutting back the budget, removes wood finishes” and that thread would pop off!

Anyways, great job EK, can’t wait ! I’m a big fan of Etihad which I was able to ride the First Class Apartments on the A380 and Business Studio quite often. I’m waiting to see if they’ll be able to do premium economy as elegant as EK’s but still retain their branding.

Well said, both points. I like it a lot. Same people complain about "Euro white" liveries, complain about different wall coverings other than the usual colours. How dare they trey to be different. come on. Who really cares if the wood is fake. There are many other fake items on a plane.

eta unknown

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:26 am

It looks nice and garish at the same time- however, this is going to be a cabin cleaning nightmare as many have stated above. A few more points:
a) the best looking premium economy is China Airlines, especially on the A350.
b) TK had premium economy on a few long range 777 aircraft and decided to take it out.

PerfectGriffin

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:28 am

Considering the vast majority of their A380's are not flying, they would be smart to start installing this product on their newer A380's that are just sitting idle.

fil87

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:29 am

Best Premium Economy seat in terms of comfort was what Turkish Airlines used to offer on their 777s before they decided to get rid of it.

Strato2

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:41 am

xwb777 wrote:
The airline will also be retrofitting the A380 fleet.

Seems that in real world the A380 is here to stay.

VSMUT

Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:09 am

fil87 wrote:
Best Premium Economy seat in terms of comfort was what Turkish Airlines used to offer on their 777s before they decided to get rid of it.

You aren't kidding, 7-abreast just like the business class on the same aircraft.

I've tried Air Canada's 787 premium economy a number of times. It's fairly comfortable for a short day-time transatlantic crossing.

oschkosch

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:10 am

fil87 wrote:

yeah they were rather nice and comfy, like a big TV armchair.

xwb777
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:03 pm

Tim Clark Interview: Part 2

Main points:
- The PE will be installed on all aircraft on order, A380s, A350s, B789s and B779s.
-the new PE seats are Recaro sleeperette seats which were redesigned.
- 52-56 seats will be on the two-class A380s.
-Emirates will receive its first B779 in June 2022.

Link: https://www.airlineratings.com/news/emi ... a380-saga/

TObound

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:49 pm

VSMUT wrote:
fil87 wrote:

You aren't kidding, 7-abreast just like the business class on the same aircraft.

I loved it. Was amazing. This offering from EK should be as comfortable as that offering from TK. If not better. 2-4-2 in an A380 sounds luxurious.

It's unfortunate that TK kinda got over their skis with that W offering. They should have gone herringbone in J and eliminated the middle J seats. Having 7ab in both cabins probably contributed to the demise of W at TK.

VSMUT wrote:
I've tried Air Canada's 787 premium economy a number of times. It's fairly comfortable for a short day-time transatlantic crossing.

Meh. The seat is worthwhile. Only because their Y is crap. Catering is noticeably underwhelming, compared to other W products. For some reason, they give you business class catering on W in North America. But Economy class catering on TPAC and TATL. And in the 77W, you get the old IFE. Not worth the $£€¥ in my opinion. Pretty clear the cabin exists mostly as a way to reward their frequent flyers who won't get a J upgrade.

At least with EK, you know you won't get mediocre catering or a laggy IFE in this class, regardless of which platform you're on.
Last edited by TObound on Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetwet1

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:51 pm

I have to agree with most here, the wood on the walls is a little to much, but the seat looks nice.

Some have mentioned keeping it clean, I said the same about the first class seat on VX and they actually stood up well to the abuse we passengers gave them.

Galwayman wrote:
It looks really really good, the wood especially - I think they've nailed it , worth upgrading from Y but not good enough to downgrade from business . Hopefully Qatar, TK , Ethiad will start adding PE ,,

Well done EK , this is a game changer ...

I think someone already pointed out, TK had a W cabin, it was fantastic.

fil87 wrote:

Hmmmm, I would argue that the W seat on BMI was better, it was their old J seat, so angled lie flat with a ton of room, more so than the TK seat, but having flown both, I would give the edge to BMI, but it's close.

oldannyboy

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Antarius wrote:
Crosswind wrote:
737max8 wrote:
Can't believe how much hate there has been for this online...to me looks like the nicest PE cabin I've seen. And definitely looks way better than the PE cabin I flew on American's 777 the other day.

I think the “hate” is mainly because Emirates hinted at something industry changing, and then unveiled an off-the-shelf seat used by several other airlines covered in cream leather with some wood trim around the windows. People were expecting something they hadn’t seen before. Whether that’s to your taste or not is a matter for the individual... but the fact remains Emirates are very late to the Premium Economy party and nothing in this product appears to be disruptive to the offerings from the major worldwide airlines.

This sums it up well. EK has been peddling mediocre to downright rubbish hard products (excluding F) for years. They just do a good job/ spend a lot of money on marketing and advertising and have managed to fool a lot of people.

Yeah, why all the hate, Antarius. I don't get it.
Unless you are a former EK [" " maltreated" "] staff?..
From all the rubbish you post about them I'm pretty sure you've never been near an EK jet, let alone flown their J class or their A380.

And before you flame me, I'm absolutely happy to be contradicted, provided you come up with facts about how 'mediocre' EK, their multinational, multilingual crews, their service, their beautifully appointed cabins, and their Y class with 34"" of pitch are. Not to mention DXB as a transfer hub, and EK's amazing array of destinations and frequency. What's NOT to like?

Now back to topic: those seats are among the industry's MOST spacious PE armchairs, they are VERY comfortable (I have flown those same seats on IB and Level), and offer a VERY generous 40inches of pitch. Now tell me how that is 'mediocre'. You may not like the white leather with the adorning stitching or the faux wood, but I'm personally absolutely done with blue leatherette seats and colorless cabins, so there you are.

dtw2hyd

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:15 pm

737max8 wrote:
Can't believe how much hate there has been for this online...to me looks like the nicest PE cabin I've seen. And definitely looks way better than the PE cabin I flew on American's 777 the other day.

It is called reality check.

This may very well be the last A380 delivered. Last five may get cancelled.
If one has to interpret the latest STC's media circuit, no plan to refit any existing frames. I am sure there will be a clarification in the next interview.
EK has no money to refit.

VSMUT

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:29 pm

oldannyboy wrote:
Antarius wrote:
Crosswind wrote:

I think the “hate” is mainly because Emirates hinted at something industry changing, and then unveiled an off-the-shelf seat used by several other airlines covered in cream leather with some wood trim around the windows. People were expecting something they hadn’t seen before. Whether that’s to your taste or not is a matter for the individual... but the fact remains Emirates are very late to the Premium Economy party and nothing in this product appears to be disruptive to the offerings from the major worldwide airlines.

This sums it up well. EK has been peddling mediocre to downright rubbish hard products (excluding F) for years. They just do a good job/ spend a lot of money on marketing and advertising and have managed to fool a lot of people.

From all the rubbish you post about them I'm pretty sure you've never been near an EK jet, let alone flown their J class or their A380.

And before you flame me, I'm absolutely happy to be contradicted, provided you come up with facts about how 'mediocre' EK, their multinational, multilingual crews, their service, their beautifully appointed cabins, and their Y class with 34"" of pitch are. Not to mention DXB as a transfer hub, and EK's amazing array of destinations and frequency. What's NOT to like?

Now back to topic: those seats are among the industry's MOST spacious PE armchairs, they are VERY comfortable (I have flown those same seats on IB and Level), and offer a VERY generous 40inches of pitch. Now tell me how that is 'mediocre'. You may not like the white leather with the adorning stitching or the faux wood, but I'm personally absolutely done with blue leatherette seats and colorless cabins, so there you are.

I don't hate them, but I will give it a go as to why they aren't at the top, from my position as a passenger who only flew them in business class:

- Most 777s still have 2-3-2 with a dreaded middle seat and no direct aisle access. This is in complete contrast to the A380 that has 1-2-1 config. Other airlines like Singapore have already gone 1-2-1 on all business class equipped aircraft, including the 777. Qatar's new Q-suite aircraft are 1-2-1, even the old 777s are a better 2-2-2. Pretty sure all Etihad aircraft are also 1-2-1. Most European carriers also have better configurations, like KLM and Lufthansa's 2-2-2, Swiss' 1-2-2 and SAS and TAP's 1-2-1. Only BA and the old Air France 777s are worse.

- The 777 seat is short.

- The A380 seats are nice, but not fantastic. Beginning to look a bit outdated and worn. The seat covers on both of the A380s I flew on last looked faded, as if they had been subject to sunlight for a long time. They clearly don't put enough effort into maintaining and updating the cabins. Too much gimmicky stuff like gold trim and the lukewarm drinks shelf which looks fantastic on photos and at first sight, but is honestly of little use when actually sitting in the seat.

- Catering is good, but I've had much better elsewhere.

- Not in an alliance. Frequent flyer miles are useless elsewhere.

- Dubai is located right between Europe and Asia, so you won't be able to put in a solid 8 hours of sleep.

It's an okay airline, but not one I'd go out of my way to fly on. They aren't anywhere close to Singapore or Qatar, or even SAS long haul. It's a bit like KLM but without a really useful frequent flyer program. They get the job done. They definitely get more hype than they deserve, but they also don't deserve the hate.

Antarius

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:38 pm

VSMUT wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
Antarius wrote:

I don't hate them, but I will give it a go as to why they aren't at the top, from my position as a passenger who only flew them in business class:

- Most 777s still have 2-3-2 with a dreaded middle seat and no direct aisle access. This is in complete contrast to the A380 that has 1-2-1 config. Other airlines like Singapore have already gone 1-2-1 on all business class equipped aircraft, including the 777. Qatar's new Q-suite aircraft are 1-2-1, even the old 777s are a better 2-2-2. Pretty sure all Etihad aircraft are also 1-2-1. Most European carriers also have better configurations, like KLM and Lufthansa's 2-2-2, Swiss' 1-2-2 and SAS and TAP's 1-2-1. Only BA and the old Air France 777s are worse.

- The 777 seat is short.

- The A380 seats are nice, but not fantastic. Beginning to look a bit outdated and worn. The seat covers on both of the A380s I flew on last looked faded, as if they had been subject to sunlight for a long time. They clearly don't put enough effort into maintaining and updating the cabins. Too much gimmicky stuff like gold trim and the lukewarm drinks shelf which looks fantastic on photos and at first sight, but is honestly of little use when actually sitting in the seat.

- Dubai is located right between Europe and Asia, so you won't be able to put in a solid 8 hours of sleep.

It's an okay airline, but not one I'd go out of my way to fly on. They aren't anywhere close to Singapore or Qatar, or even SAS long haul. It's a bit like KLM but without a really useful frequent flyer program. They get the job done. They definitely get more hype than they deserve, but they also don't deserve the hate.

I was in the middle of typing a response, but this sums it up very well.

EK is a lot of hype and that's why they get flak. When you throw around words like "revolutionary" and act special, the expectations are accordingly; instead, they're left far behind by the real luxury airlines.

Every point that oldannyboy mentioned in his almost press release like first paragraph about EK is true for QR and done better by them. So yes, I have flown EK but choose to fly elsewhere as the quality is better.

LX015

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:46 pm

fil87 wrote:

Seriously? Which carrier has a premium economy that compares to this? This product is on par with other carrier’s business class.

TObound

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:49 pm

Antarius wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:

- The 777 seat is short.

EK is a lot of hype and that's why they get flak. When you throw around words like "revolutionary" and act special, the expectations are accordingly; instead, they're left far behind by the real luxury airlines.

Every point that oldannyboy mentioned in his almost press release like first paragraph about EK is true for QR and done better by them. So yes, I have flown EK but choose to fly elsewhere as the quality is better.

You actually didn't provide any substantive criticism other than you don't like the flamboyant language of their PR.

AaronPGH

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm so tired of the EK interior aesthetic. It all feels like a tacky old flying yacht.

Polot

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:57 pm

LX015 wrote:
fil87 wrote:

Seriously? Which carrier has a premium economy that compares to this? This product is on par with other carrier’s business class.

Well all the IAG carriers for one, since this is a modified version of the same seat they use. It’s a nice product but let’s not go overboard. It’s not on par with most other carriers’ business class, just a select few that are routinely blasted for having subpar J classes even before EK revealed this product.

Antarius

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:17 pm

TObound wrote:
Antarius wrote:
VSMUT wrote:

- The 777 seat is short.

You actually didn't provide any substantive criticism other than you don't like the flamboyant language of their PR.

I quoted a post above and pointed out that it sums up my feelings very well.

Do I need to retype the post ?

TObound

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:15 pm

AaronPGH wrote:
I'm so tired of the EK interior aesthetic. It all feels like a tacky old flying yacht.

I like what Etihad does.

That said, I understand where EK is coming from. There's a lot of new money in their customer base. And they all have some rather Trumpian taste when it comes to luxury. So it works for them.

sandyb123

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Jesus the bias on this forum against Emirates is unreal...

Crosswind wrote:
I’m still staggered that over 50% of their fleet Business Class, including on some really long flights, is recliners with a old-school middle coffin seat in the middle block of 3.

EK hasn't had recliners in business for many many years. From memory they went out with the last A330's (5 years ago) that serviced some really regional sub routes. That was a tiny sub fleet so I'd say realistically for 10 years 95% of the fleet was flat bed business. In fact I flew an A340 from CPT once that had flat bed J and recliner F (I was F and thought hand on I'll take a downgrade LOL).

Also the ULH 777 are 2-2-2 in Business.

dfwking wrote:
PE is currently on one A380 and on the remaining 5 that are to be delivered. Given the current financial crunch due to COVID, I would be surprised if they start retrofitting their existing aircraft anytime soon. Any word on the retrofitting schedule for the rest of the fleet?

EK have said that the entire flying A380 fleet will get PE. They've also said the aircraft is still a good fit for their business. So all the neigh-sayers against the A380 can hold their criticism.

VSMUT wrote:

EK's A380 business class is staggered 4 abreast all isle access, not 7 abreast. Worth noting that PE will be on the main deck (J on upper deck) so comparing apples with pears in terms of floor space.

gaystudpilot wrote:
Apart from the sidewalks, EK did a nice job.

Interesting point that the faux wood seems a part of EK’s branding. It’s as if EK is trying to replicate Rolls Royce’s style of luxury cabin design.

I like the warm neutral tones but wonder how long they will look nice, especially the cream colored seats.
[/quote]

I think they have some sort of tie up with Mercedes Benz for cabin aesthetic and you can kind of see that. I've flown on the A380 many times with the wood panelling, it is a bit 'Titanic' but does differentiate from the off-white wall everyone else goes with. And of course the automated blinds are a nice touch inside those wood panels (that doesn't seem to be consistent, I've flown an EK A380 once with manual blinds).

--

The thing that is being missed in all the criticism is the most important thing to me. You are getting all of this comfort, service, full service catering, chauffeur, dedicated lounges, spas etc etc and the cost is not as astronomical as Youtubers want you to believe. Yeah Ok so 7 across in a 777 is not amazing, but I can travel door to door from my office in Scotland to my office in Sharjah for £2k return S ometimes. And that is worth it's weight... not to mention there is often F upgrades available.

As for the shiny shiny marketing. Well I'm sold and I aspire to be an EK customer.

Sandyb123
Last edited by sandyb123 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Antarius

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:37 pm

sandyb123 wrote:
The thing that is being missed in all the criticism is the most important thing to me. You are getting all of this comfort, service, full service catering, chauffeur, dedicated lounges, spas etc etc and the cost is not as astronomical as Youtubers want you to believe. Yeah Ok so 7 across in a 777 is not amazing, but I can travel door to door from my office in Scotland to my office in Sharjah for £2k sometimes. And that is worth it's weight...

You can get that on QR too. And it's better in every way.

We're not saying that EK is horrible or we hate it. Just that the world is bigger than EK and objectively, they simply are not the best.

sandyb123

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:46 pm

Antarius wrote:
sandyb123 wrote:
The thing that is being missed in all the criticism is the most important thing to me. You are getting all of this comfort, service, full service catering, chauffeur, dedicated lounges, spas etc etc and the cost is not as astronomical as Youtubers want you to believe. Yeah Ok so 7 across in a 777 is not amazing, but I can travel door to door from my office in Scotland to my office in Sharjah for £2k sometimes. And that is worth it's weight...

You can get that on QR too. And it's better in every way.

We're not saying that EK is horrible or we hate it. Just that the world is bigger than EK and objectively, they simply are not the best.

Lol I was hoping to try QR this year but corona put paid to that. They’ve pulled out of their Scottish ops and didn’t have a dedicated lounge or chauffeur either.

Happy to concede EK were right place right time for me and that helped me to open my business in the UAE.

Sandyb123

TObound

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:52 pm

sandyb123 wrote:
...not to mention there is often F upgrades available.

I have a feeling a lot of Y to J upgrades just became a lot more difficult....

Crosswind

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:07 pm

sandyb123 wrote:
Jesus the bias on this forum against Emirates is unreal...

EK hasn't had recliners in business for many many years. From memory they went out with the last A330's (5 years ago) that serviced some really regional sub routes. That was a tiny sub fleet so I'd say realistically for 10 years 95% of the fleet was flat bed business. In fact I flew an A340 from CPT once that had flat bed J and recliner F (I was F and thought hand on I'll take a downgrade LOL).

Also the ULH 777 are 2-2-2 in Business.

I never said it wasn't a flat bed... just that it's a very basic recliner-type seat and the middle seat is awful. The 2-2-2 on the 77L is 10 aircraft in total... out of 139 aircraft. So hardly something you'll routinely encounter.... and the 77W still operates a lot of very long sectors.

Still a very disjointed product... the 777 being totally different and vastly inferior to the A380. With no plans to retrofit. But of course A380 photos are always used in marketing. Other airlines are generally torn apart on these pages for not having consistent seating across their whole fleets.

sandyb123 wrote:
EK have said that the entire flying A380 fleet will get PE. They've also said the aircraft is still a good fit for their business. So all the neigh-sayers against the A380 can hold their criticism.

They have actually said the complete opposite, that Premium Economy will only be fitted to the 5 new A380s and some 777-9s when they are delivered. And they are considering plans to fit more A380s. Source? Emirates' own press release (3rd paragraph)
Emirates Press Release

Again people are criticising lack of consistency in product and lack of investment in fitting new products to existing fleets. By end of 2022 confirmed plan is 5 aircraft with Premium out of 271 passenger aircraft. Good luck with an equipment swap.

It isn't bias against the airline... it's being a bit more objective and not believing all the marketing hype and looking at facts.

bfitzflyer

Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:26 am

Is this the same product as China Airlines? Have flown that a couple times and it is really great.

spacecadet

Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:34 am

MikeChin wrote:
Basically its Business from the 90's,

Well, minus the seat pitch. Typical seat pitch in 90's international business class was closer to 80 inches, not 40.

J343

Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:42 am

I've flown with EK in Y and J and frankly I'm not a fan, don't get me wrong, the product and service was good but it still doesn't top my experiences with CX (I'll be honest- I'm a HUGE Cathay Pacific fan) but I must say, I love the seat. Could do without the wood decor though.

I'd put EK's PEY cabin on my top 5 PEY cabins even if I haven't tried it yet. Personally, I still think that CX's PEY on their A350 is one the best out there.

dstblj52

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:34 am

sandyb123 wrote:
fil87 wrote:

Sandyb123

it outclasses short haul J but when compared against long haul J on basically every reputable airline it sucks, not sure how you can say they have the best J cabins globally when they are still not all aisle access and 1-2-1 on widebodies

Antarius

Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:27 am

J343 wrote:
I've flown with EK in Y and J and frankly I'm not a fan, don't get me wrong, the product and service was good but it still doesn't top my experiences with CX (I'll be honest- I'm a HUGE Cathay Pacific fan) but I must say, I love the seat. Could do without the wood decor though.

The CX J seat is my personal favorite. The updated version on the a350 is next level fantastic. It is 1-2-1 without having a leg coffin.

hongkongflyer

Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:36 pm

VSMUT wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
Antarius wrote:

- The 777 seat is short.

SQ is going to have J seats with no direct aisle with the 737 coming, same as CX with the 321NEO

Antarius

Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:04 pm

hongkongflyer wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:

- The 777 seat is short.

SQ is going to have J seats with no direct aisle with the 737 coming, same as CX with the 321NEO

Fortunately, they aren't going to fly for 10 hours either.

VSMUT

Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:17 pm

hongkongflyer wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:

- The 777 seat is short.

Sure, but that's also a dedicated short haul jet. Having experienced that seat once before (it's the same SAS, TAP and Aer Lingus use) it'll probably also be better than the Emirates 777-300ER seat.

qf789

Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:40 pm

Welcome to Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021. Please continue to add your comments below

Link to last thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1439035

xwb777
Topic Author

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:29 pm

Emirates to resume flights to Seattle in February 2021 with 4 weekly flights operated by the 2-Class B77W.

erikgrinsvall

Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:05 pm

xwb777 wrote:
Emirates to resume flights to Seattle in February 2021 with 4 weekly flights operated by the 2-Class B77W.

As far as I am aware, EK does not sit on a 2-class B77W that is fitted with a CRC. So It'll most likely be a 3-class B77W or 2-class B77L.

ThomasCook

Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:03 pm

erikgrinsvall wrote:
xwb777 wrote:

As far as I am aware, EK does not sit on a 2-class B77W that is fitted with a CRC. So It'll most likely be a 3-class B77W or 2-class B77L.

They operate three class 77W sold as two class on certain routes or when an aircraft swap is required.

ThomasCook

gkirk

Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:14 pm

STN returns 1st Nov , NCL retuns 2nd July 4 x weekly 77W

Airlinerdude

Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:58 pm

It looks like A6-EVN is going to be used on EK003/004 (DXB/LHR) effective January 4 for the foreseeable future. Premium economy isn't bookable yet. Nice surprise for anyone booked on these flights.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos