https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... -november/
Emirates will receive three more A380 aircraft from Airbus this year with its last unit on order scheduled to join its fleet in November, bringing forward the original delivery timeline from June 2022.
As travel restrictions ease with the global roll-out of COVID-19 vaccines, come October, Emirates will have reinstated its A380 operations on over a dozen popular routes between Dubai and: Amman, Cairo, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Guangzhou, London Heathrow, Los Angeles, Manchester, Mauritius, Moscow, Munich, New York JFK, Paris, Toronto, Vienna, Washington DC, and Zurich.
It appears that EK has come to an agreement to speed up the delivery of 3 A380 aircraft. Final delivery of the last A380 produced will now occur in November 2021.
A few other operational updates on the A380 fleet:
- Currently, 34 / 119 (29%) of the fleet is operational.
- All A380 pilots on unpaid leave have been recalled and should be flying again by the end of October.
- The plan is to begin rehiring retrenched A380 pilots by the end of 2021.
- Resumption of A380 service to DUS and ZRH is occurring in October.
- Resumption of A380 service to AMS, CMN, BCN, BKK, GRU, HAM, JNB, MAD, MXP, RUH is currently planned for November.