Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
DLHAM
Posts: 712
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:10 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:54 pm

Today was Emirates re-launch of A380 flights to Hamburg, here is a little Video of todays landing (A6-EEU):

https://youtu.be/yGE_quEk_MM
 
xwb777
Topic Author
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:46 pm

Avgeek21 wrote:
I see EK now has 2 special A380 EXPO liveries? It rolled out of the paint hangar late yesterday IIRC, I saw it parked there in the evening. What is the reg?


A6-EUE
 
xwb777
Topic Author
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:55 am

Emirates very first A380, A6-EDA, will be recycled in the UAE. Some parts will released for online sale.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... uLpRMn86-Q
 
AirbusOnly
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:06 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:14 am

DLHAM wrote:
Today was Emirates re-launch of A380 flights to Hamburg, here is a little Video of todays landing (A6-EEU):

https://youtu.be/yGE_quEk_MM


Nice video! I am so happy, the „whale“ is back at my home airport, even on a daily basis!
 
xwb777
Topic Author
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:43 pm

Emirates A380 A6-EDA

Source: Adel AlRedha Instagram

Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Fuling
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:13 pm

x1234 wrote:
The only major city in Western Europe missing EK is HEL.


Berlin just called. They want to have a chat.
 
Avgeek21
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:21 pm

Fuling wrote:
x1234 wrote:
The only major city in Western Europe missing EK is HEL.


Berlin just called. They want to have a chat.


Berlin is not allowed due to maxed out bilateral agreements between UAE and Germany.

I’d test the waters to VLC by sending a flydubai MAX.
 
Fuling
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:58 pm

Avgeek21 wrote:
Fuling wrote:
x1234 wrote:
The only major city in Western Europe missing EK is HEL.


Berlin just called. They want to have a chat.


Berlin is not allowed due to maxed out bilateral agreements between UAE and Germany.

I’d test the waters to VLC by sending a flydubai MAX.


Right. I know about the bilateral, but HEL isn't the only major city in Western Europe without EK. That was my point. And yes, VLC (and maybe AGP) are contenders as well.
 
xwb777
Topic Author
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:43 am

Emirates is advertising for a Supervisor Airport Services in Israel.

New destination to be announced?
 
xwb777
Topic Author
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:09 pm

Andreas Spaeth on Twitter:

-95 A380 still stored, mostly at DWC, some in DXB. -A6-EDA is scrapped in DWC.
-A6-EDB is in Tarbes taken back by Airbus.
- 3 A380s to join. Final A380 on December 10. (No confirmed yet)
- total A380 fleet - 121

Source: https://twitter.com/spaethflies/status/ ... 24736?s=21
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 5370
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:58 pm

 
Airlinerdude
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:54 pm

xwb777 wrote:
Andreas Spaeth on Twitter:

-95 A380 still stored, mostly at DWC, some in DXB. -A6-EDA is scrapped in DWC.


That number is inaccurate. As of today, 49/119 (41%) aircraft are in active service, leaving 70 aircraft stored.

The challenge these days are getting enough flight crews trained up to fly the aircraft, with training throughput being the greatest bottleneck. For the month of November, most 380 pilots are close to their flying limits for the month. Returner courses have been brought forward to bring in new crew faster than previously planned.

LGW/SYD/BCN will all see the 380 return in December. SFO is currently slated to resume on the 380 as of Feb 1.
 
Fuling
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:31 am

xwb777 wrote:
Emirates is advertising for a Supervisor Airport Services in Israel.

New destination to be announced?


Well, you called it. TLV - coming December 2021.

https://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/ ... 6014775618
 
qantas330
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:39 am

Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:06 pm

    xwb777 wrote:
    Avgeek21 wrote:
    I see EK now has 2 special A380 EXPO liveries? It rolled out of the paint hangar late yesterday IIRC, I saw it parked there in the evening. What is the reg?


    A6-EUE
    . A6-EOT
     
    User avatar
    zkojq
    Posts: 4798
    Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:21 pm

    Airlinerdude wrote:
    For the month of November, most 380 pilots are close to their flying limits for the month. Returner courses have been brought forward to bring in new crew faster than previously planned.


    "flying limits" means next to nothing at Emirates though.
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:48 am

    Sir Tim Clark: Emirates has crossed the break even point and is now cash positive.

    Source: https://www.airlineratings.com/news/air ... tes-chief/
     
    User avatar
    Revelation
    Posts: 27374
    Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:59 pm

    xwb777 wrote:
    Sir Tim Clark: Emirates has crossed the break even point and is now cash positive.

    Source: https://www.airlineratings.com/news/air ... tes-chief/

    Basically saying even with India and China still heavily restricted they are able to charge a 30% - 40% fare premium so the math is working out.
     
    User avatar
    mercure1
    Posts: 5370
    Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:00 am

    EK showing off A380 A6-EVQ with the premium economy product at the air show.

    Image
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD_7e7SWYAU ... name=large

    Image
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FD_7e7bXIAY ... name=large
     
    Scotron12
    Posts: 603
    Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:06 am

    Wow...looks stunning! Impressive :checkmark:
     
    Avgeek21
    Posts: 343
    Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 am

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:37 am

    I just toured that aircraft at DAS21 and sat in those PE seats. Very impressed!
     
    TUGMASTER
    Posts: 1541
    Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:56 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:29 am

    Yep, they’re not far off the old business class seats of the day…. 80’90’s
     
    User avatar
    Revelation
    Posts: 27374
    Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:58 pm

    Scotron12 wrote:
    Wow...looks stunning! Impressive :checkmark:

    TUGMASTER wrote:
    Yep, they’re not far off the old business class seats of the day…. 80’90’s

    That was my first thought too, what is now Y+ is what used to be J.
    i guess it will be priced to not undermine J too much.
    Profit per square meter of cabin is the key metric.
    Airlines don't care too much how they get it.
     
    User avatar
    qf789
    Moderator
    Posts: 12164
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:26 am

    Emirates to install premium economy in 53 777’s and 52 more A388’s

    Also considering upgrading business class to 1-2-1

    Upgrades won’t start until late 2022

    https://twitter.com/livefromalounge/sta ... 41730?s=21
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:58 am

    Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed states that Emirates is in positive discussions with Boeing regarding the B777X and Airbus, and does not rule out the chances of the A350F at Emirates.

    https://www-thenationalnews-com.cdn.amp ... utType=amp
     
    Western727
    Posts: 2150
    Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:20 pm

    Does anyone know the approximate % of O&D vs connecting pax on EK211 and 212 (DXB-IAH, IAH-DXB)?
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:50 am

    Emirates is upgrading EK205/206 (DXB-MXP-JFK) to A380 operation starting from 01DEC21.

    This will be the third A380 flight to New York JFK
     
    edealinfo
    Posts: 2832
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:37 pm

    xwb777 wrote:
    Emirates is upgrading EK205/206 (DXB-MXP-JFK) to A380 operation starting from 01DEC21.

    This will be the third A380 flight to New York JFK

    At its peak, how may flights did EK have to JFK? Was it four?
     
    edealinfo
    Posts: 2832
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:38 pm

    When will EK start flights to MANILA? Are they missing out on the Christmas boom where fares from New York to Manila on Philippines Airline are now $2500 to $3000 round trip for December in economy class.
    Last edited by edealinfo on Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
     
    edealinfo
    Posts: 2832
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 pm

    Scotron12 wrote:
    Wow...looks stunning! Impressive :checkmark:


    Yeah; pretty much any good photographer can make pictures looks great. That's what they are paid for.
     
    edealinfo
    Posts: 2832
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:41 pm

    Revelation wrote:
    xwb777 wrote:
    Sir Tim Clark: Emirates has crossed the break even point and is now cash positive.

    Source: https://www.airlineratings.com/news/air ... tes-chief/

    Basically saying even with India and China still heavily restricted they are able to charge a 30% - 40% fare premium so the math is working out.


    Yep, basically with limited flights they were able to charge the premiums. the question is whether they benefit more with restricted capacity as opposed to heavy capacity and much lower fares.
     
    Airlinerdude
    Posts: 271
    Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:17 pm

    edealinfo wrote:
    xwb777 wrote:
    Emirates is upgrading EK205/206 (DXB-MXP-JFK) to A380 operation starting from 01DEC21.

    This will be the third A380 flight to New York JFK

    At its peak, how may flights did EK have to JFK? Was it four?


    Four A380 flights:

    EK203 - 0235 dep
    EK201 - 0830 dep
    EK205 - 0910 dep via MXP
    EK207 - 1500 dep - ended in March 2018

    edealinfo wrote:
    When will EK start flights to MANILA? Are they missing out on the Christmas boom where fares from New York to Manila on Philippines Airline are now $2500 to $3000 round trip for December in economy class.


    Daily flights operate as EK332, but they're constrained by Manila Airport's capacity restriction, so flights are sold out.
     
    edealinfo
    Posts: 2832
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:42 am

    Airlinerdude wrote:
    Daily flights operate as EK332, but they're constrained by Manila Airport's capacity restriction, so flights are sold out.

    Thanks
     
    TC957
    Posts: 4259
    Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:24 pm

    Does anyone have a list of which A380's have been fitted with the new PE cabin please ?
    Many thanks.
     
    emre787
    Posts: 189
    Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 pm

    TC957 wrote:
    Does anyone have a list of which A380's have been fitted with the new PE cabin please ?
    Many thanks.


    A6-EVN, EVO, EVP, EVQ + to be delivered EVR, EVS
     
    TC957
    Posts: 4259
    Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:03 pm

    Thank you emre787. So basically EK themselves haven't yet refitted any 380's as these came from XFW with the new PE already installed.
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 am

    Emirates and Air Baltic announced codeshare agreement

    https://www.airbaltic.com/en/airbaltic- ... -agreement
     
    Avgeek21
    Posts: 343
    Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 am

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 pm

    xwb777 wrote:
    Emirates and Air Baltic announced codeshare agreement

    https://www.airbaltic.com/en/airbaltic- ... -agreement


    Does Air Baltic (still) fly to DXB? They were supposed to start last SEP but I’ve personally never seen them there.

    Can we possibly expect flydubai to start Riga with a MAX?
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 pm

    Avgeek21 wrote:
    xwb777 wrote:
    Emirates and Air Baltic announced codeshare agreement

    https://www.airbaltic.com/en/airbaltic- ... -agreement


    Does Air Baltic (still) fly to DXB? They were supposed to start last SEP but I’ve personally never seen them there.

    Can we possibly expect flydubai to start Riga with a MAX?

    I think they have four weekly flights to DXB operated by the A220-300.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:04 pm

    Emirates will fly a one off A380 flight to TLV on the inaugural flight on 06DEC21.
     
    Gael23
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:18 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:33 pm

    Are EK planning to add aircraft other than 777 and A380
     
    UAEflyer
    Posts: 1307
    Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:29 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:57 am

    Gael23 wrote:
    Are EK planning to add aircraft other than 777 and A380

    A350 & 787 will be part of the future fleet, which will be 777X, 787, & A350 (supposedly)
     
    Western727
    Posts: 2150
    Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:37 pm

    I flew on EK212/211 IAH-DXB/DXB-IAH, and noticed a couple of things:

    1. The outbound on Fri 19 Nov was on a 77L and operated on a 6x/weekly schedule.
    2. The inbound on Sun 28 Nov got upgauged to a 77W a few days prior.
    3. I noticed the frequency got upped to daily for IAH.

    I wonder how the Omicron variant will impact this and other routes.
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:56 pm

    Emirates A380 is set to resume operation to London Gatwick starting from 10DEC21.

    https://simpleflying.com/emirates-londo ... rbus-a380/
     
    User avatar
    Revelation
    Posts: 27374
    Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:25 pm

    Western727 wrote:
    I wonder how the Omicron variant will impact this and other routes.

    Some recent thoughts from EK's CEO:

    Emirates says Omicron could bring ‘significant traumas’ for aviation industry
     
    346fetish
    Posts: 96
    Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 am

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:15 am

    Western727 wrote:
    Does anyone know the approximate % of O&D vs connecting pax on EK211 and 212 (DXB-IAH, IAH-DXB)?


    Roughly 30% local
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:10 am

    Emirates will resume A380 operations to the following U.S cities:

    - Houston (IAH): 01JUN22
    - Washington (IAD): 27MAR22
    - San Francisco (SFO): 27MAR22
     
    PITFlyer330
    Posts: 259
    Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:16 am

    xwb777 wrote:
    Emirates will resume A380 operations to the following U.S cities:

    - Houston (IAH): 01JUN22
    - Washington (IAD): 27MAR22
    - San Francisco (SFO): 27MAR22


    No BOS ORD DFW MIA?
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:12 pm

    PITFlyer330 wrote:
    xwb777 wrote:
    Emirates will resume A380 operations to the following U.S cities:

    - Houston (IAH): 01JUN22
    - Washington (IAD): 27MAR22
    - San Francisco (SFO): 27MAR22


    No BOS ORD DFW MIA?


    -Boston is seasonal A380 operations
    -Chicago is not an A380 destination
    -Dallas, i think in future
    -Miami, has to go daily before being upgraded to an A380.
     
    xwb777
    Topic Author
    Posts: 1289
    Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:13 pm

    Emirates will be increasing flights to Brussels for the period of 02FEB22 to 23MAR22.
     
    nascar1
    Posts: 138
    Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm

    Re: Emirates Network & Fleet Discussion - 2021

    Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:28 pm

    Emirates is increasing DXB-BCN-MEX from 5 weekly to daily from 29/03/22.

    Also is increasing BCN-DXB and return leg from 5 weekly to daily from 05/07/22.

    Popular Searches On Airliners.net

    Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

    Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

    Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

    Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

    Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

    Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

    Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

    Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

    Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

    Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

    Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

    Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

    Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

    Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

    Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos