Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WaywardMemphian

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:16 pm

Blerg wrote:
F9Animal wrote:
SELMER40 wrote:
Why is there any need for Breeze?

Why? We desperately need more competition. The same question came up in 2000 over B6.

Can a LCC or even a ULCC provide great service? The answer to that question is what Breeze is being built on. I'm thrilled to see something different coming to the field. I'm also thrilled knowing that Neeleman has a pretty good track record. As a potential investor myself, this is one airline I would not hesitate to invest in. Will Breeze be successful? That all depends on alot right now. Now is the right time to jump in and play.

He obviously never read their business plane because if he did then he would know that they plan on linking city pairs that are currently without airlinks. They are trying to fill a void which is great news.

Neelemam has said in a print interview that he needs 50 passengers on the plane to break even on operational costs. Now that didn't specify if that was just on the Embraers or both it and the A220s.

Cardude2

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:18 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
Blerg wrote:
F9Animal wrote:

Why? We desperately need more competition. The same question came up in 2000 over B6.

Can a LCC or even a ULCC provide great service? The answer to that question is what Breeze is being built on. I'm thrilled to see something different coming to the field. I'm also thrilled knowing that Neeleman has a pretty good track record. As a potential investor myself, this is one airline I would not hesitate to invest in. Will Breeze be successful? That all depends on alot right now. Now is the right time to jump in and play.

He obviously never read their business plane because if he did then he would know that they plan on linking city pairs that are currently without airlinks. They are trying to fill a void which is great news.

Neelemam has said in a print interview that he needs 50 passengers on the plane to break even on operational costs. Now that didn't specify if that was just on the Embraers or both it and the A220s.

probably the A220-300 as it is more cheaper to operate and more environmentally friendly than embrears. Those jets are temporary.

Blerg

Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:24 am

Cardude2 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
Blerg wrote:

probably the A220-300 as it is more cheaper to operate and more environmentally friendly than embrears. Those jets are temporary.

I wonder if they might get some A220s from airlines like BT. They already wet leased them to Lufthansa in the past. Travel demand in both Latvia and Europe won't recover any time soon and BT has 25 of them. I am sure they would be more than happy to negotiate with Breeze.

Scoots71

Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:41 pm

OscarAlphaKilo wrote:
I'm really curious as to how they'd manage capacity at some of the airports being thrown around. Even where the markets make sense given what we know about the business model, I wonder if existing infrastructure could support operations that take up more than one gate. HPN and PIE were already covered, but ECP comes to mind as another example. Same goes for airports that have/had limited/no commercial service and might need investment to restart ops or update facilities, like GYY, ORH, or HVN.

This is where I think BHM could have an upper hand. Major underserved SE market, and all of the current routes are to hubs only (I know WN doesn't call them hubs, but MCO, DAL, DEN, MDW, BWI, LAS, and HOU are hubs).

BHM also has 4 open gates on the A concouse with Gates A1-3 all in a pod together (although A1 or A3 could get bumped if BHM ever gets an international inbound or charter).

LAXintl

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:53 pm

Nordic Aviation says it has delivered its third frame N975NA ex Air Canada s/n 19000075 to Breeze.

https://newsroom.aviator.aero/nac-deliv ... -on-lease/

evank516

Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:13 pm

lesfalls wrote:
Based off of Breeze’s Linked-in, they have some dispatchers based at ISP so they won’t only be using the airport as their maintenance base but as a destination (the “NE” point they are looking to serve).

Yeah I'm betting on seeing them at ISP.

I'm hoping they choose SFB over MCO for a SE base. I know it's further from Disney, but it's closer to some of the beaches than MCO. Granted they're loaded with competition regardless of whether they choose SFB or MCO. I'm surprised they didn't try a different airport such as DAB or MLB. Or even VRB.

klm617

Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:52 pm

What cities could we see Breeze at in Michigan ?

FLYKTPA

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:01 pm

evank516 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
Based off of Breeze’s Linked-in, they have some dispatchers based at ISP so they won’t only be using the airport as their maintenance base but as a destination (the “NE” point they are looking to serve).

I'm hoping they choose SFB over MCO for a SE base. I know it's further from Disney, but it's closer to some of the beaches than MCO. Granted they're loaded with competition regardless of whether they choose SFB or MCO. I'm surprised they didn't try a different airport such as DAB or MLB. Or even VRB.

MCO because you’re almost guaranteed a full flight. DAB, MLB or VRB not so much. It would be so risky for a start up to try that. They need guaranteed revenue generators from the start. That’s MCO, TPA etc.

Lavdumper

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:23 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
evank516 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:

MCO because you’re almost guaranteed a full flight. DAB, MLB or VRB not so much. It would be so risky for a start up to try that. They need guaranteed revenue generators from the start. That’s MCO, TPA etc.

You never know, but I doubt we will see them at bigger airports like MCO or TPA. Instead, SFB, PIE, VRB, DAB and SGJ could all easily accommodate E195s and A220-300s and could be closer to where travelers want to be. A lot of this depends on the departure cities in terms of differentiated flight offerings. You could fly Spirit or Frontier for super cheap to MCO from many major and midsized Midwestern and East Coast cities. Frontier is even flying to MCO from ONT. I would expect Breeze will try to not compete with Spirit, JB and Frontier (and all of the Legacies) as much as possible. If anything, Allegiant could be more competitive with its use of several 2nd-3rd tier Florida airports like SFB, PGD and PIE. I could see flights to DAB from the NE and Midwest as being very popular and SGJ (St. Augustine) is ideally located south of Jacksonville in a very populated area with no real air service to that airport (Via Airlines used to fly E145s to SGJ from CLT). Will be very interesting to watch.

N292UX

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:33 pm

klm617 wrote:

I could see GRR for sure. Maybe TVC during the summer. Maybe.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:00 pm

N292UX wrote:
klm617 wrote:

I think AZO would be more likely than GRR. Existing infrastructure could easily accommodate more traffic, plus you're within 2 hours of Detroit, Grand Rapids, and South Bend. Given that the only other traffic is legacy RJs to hubs, it seems more in line with the comment about them not having competition on many routes than GRR, which already has a sizable and growing ULCC (esp. G4) presence.

evank516

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:04 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
evank516 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:

Except they’re competing on nearly every route they try. They’re supposed to be flying underserved routes. I mean, sure maybe Massena, NY or Rutland, VT to MCO will work with that image, but how much of XXX-MCO isn’t served already on the east coast? If they want to fly non-competitive routes then MCO isn’t the right base.

FLYKTPA

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:40 pm

evank516 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
evank516 wrote:

Except they’re competing on nearly every route they try. They’re supposed to be flying underserved routes. I mean, sure maybe Massena, NY or Rutland, VT to MCO will work with that image, but how much of XXX-MCO isn’t served already on the east coast? If they want to fly non-competitive routes then MCO isn’t the right base.

There’s loads of unserved routes they can try from MCO, even more if they don’t view Allegiant flying MCO-TUL as competition to MCO-TUL etc. I think they won’t be trying to avoid competition quite as much as they say. In a recent interview Neeleman said competition isn’t a huge deterrent. If Frontier serves a route 4x weekly, Breeze will fly the other 3 days.

WaywardMemphian

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:44 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
evank516 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

There’s loads of unserved routes they can try from MCO, even more if they don’t view Allegiant flying MCO-TUL as competition to MCO-TUL etc. I think they won’t be trying to avoid competition quite as much as they say. In a recent interview Neeleman said competition isn’t a huge deterrent. If Frontier serves a route 4x weekly, Breeze will fly the other 3 days.

XNA, SGF and LIT come.to mind.

FlyingElvii

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:25 am

evank516 wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
evank516 wrote:

Think perhaps the other way?
Major Airports to SFB?
IND,CMH,CVG,DTW, etc... Competing, but not directly up against the legacies and majors.

BOSman

Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:28 am

I think I've stumbled across something interesting: if you look at the DOT filing, they say that both of the initial bases (the "codenames" they use for these are "TTT" and "XXX") are in the Southeast. However, if you look at their planned schedule, the first flight leaves "TTT" at 7:00am and arrives at "HHH" at 10:10am, but the block time is only 2 hours and 10 minutes; similarly the return flight leaves "HHH" at 10:40am and returns to "TTT" at 12:00pm, a one hour and 20 minute flight that's blocked for 2 hours and 20 minutes, therefore "HHH" is in the time zone *east* of wherever "TTT" is. This means means that "TTT" is somewhere that's in the Central Time Zone, but also in the Southeast! David Neeleman did say something about ECP, and ECP checks both those boxes, so I think that's where it is!

Blerg

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:04 am

Out of curiosity, what would be the rationale behind ECP?

FLYKTPA

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:12 am

Blerg wrote:

My thinking is look how huge Allegiant is at VPS. ECP should have the potential to support some ULCC service based on that alone. The Florida Panhandle is easy to stimulate from the right cities during the summer.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:24 am

BOSman wrote:
I think I've stumbled across something interesting: if you look at the DOT filing, they say that both of the initial bases (the "codenames" they use for these are "TTT" and "XXX") are in the Southeast. However, if you look at their planned schedule, the first flight leaves "TTT" at 7:00am and arrives at "HHH" at 10:10am, but the block time is only 2 hours and 10 minutes; similarly the return flight leaves "HHH" at 10:40am and returns to "TTT" at 12:00pm, a one hour and 20 minute flight that's blocked for 2 hours and 20 minutes, therefore "HHH" is in the time zone *east* of wherever "TTT" is. This means means that "TTT" is somewhere that's in the Central Time Zone, but also in the Southeast! David Neeleman did say something about ECP, and ECP checks both those boxes, so I think that's where it is!

To clarify, is HHH also in the southeast? For reference AA blocks ECP-DCA (769mi) at 2:16, so other airports in the southeast would be fairly limited... I guess RIC, ORF, and PHF?

FLYKTPA wrote:
Blerg wrote:

My thinking is look how huge Allegiant is at VPS. ECP should have the potential to support some ULCC service based on that alone. The Florida Panhandle is easy to stimulate from the right cities during the summer.

@FLYKTPA is right. The area has been growing over the past decade, catalyzed by the opening of ECP in 2010 and more recently COVID travel trends. It's a small airport though, I'm not sure it could support operations from an entrant that would take up more than one gate and even that might be a stretch. I remember flying in once from IAH on UA and having to sit on the tarmac for almost 2 hours because an ORD flight was delayed and we didn't have a gate. That was pre-COVID, the airport has gained service since.
Last edited by 806535 on Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blerg

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:29 am

So what market could they serve in the same time zone that's around 01.20 away? Miami? Somewhere more to the north like Kentucky or North Carolina?

BOSman

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:05 am

OscarAlphaKilo wrote:
BOSman wrote:

To clarify, is HHH also in the southeast? For reference AA blocks ECP-DCA (769mi) at 2:16, so other airports in the southeast would be fairly limited... I guess RIC, ORF, and PHF?

I don't know, I was trying to figure that out. One base is only getting flights to the Northeast while the other is getting flights to the Northeast, Southeast and the Southern Plains. The Southern Plains destination would be the only destination from "TTT" without a time zone crossing and the only one from "XXX" with one, but I don't see that in their schedules. Hmm.

AZORMP

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:39 am

N292UX wrote:
klm617 wrote:

GRR isn’t a secondary city for air travel. They have direct FL flights to tourist destinations already AND they’re gate-constrained (last I heard, and it was pre-pandemic). The Project Elevate stuff will only cause more constraints until it’s done.

AZO will see Breeze flights before GRR ever does.

Bluegrass60

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:32 pm

Blerg wrote:
So what market could they serve in the same time zone that's around 01.20 away? Miami? Somewhere more to the north like Kentucky or North Carolina?

SDF fits the bill. Other reasons....there are many folks in the area with 2nd homes in Rosemary Beach , Seaside, Water Color etc. Very popular destination because it is @10 hour drive. Add to that IND, CVG, LEX, EVV are just 2 hours or less from SDF and it could easily support daily service to ECP most of the year.

sprxUSA

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:12 pm

The two locations are not in the same time zone. The 'unknown' location is in the Eastern Time Zone....

Bluegrass60

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:11 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
The two locations are not in the same time zone. The 'unknown' location is in the Eastern Time Zone....

ECP = CST

SDF = EST

lightsaber

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:23 pm

F9Animal wrote:
SELMER40 wrote:
Why is there any need for Breeze?

Breeze is taking the Allegiant model of reduced frequency air travel to what should be a higher end niche of the market.

In my opinion, the 2x to 5x weekly service will break the RJ model. For example, Allegiant grabs Grand Junction Colorado to LAX for the busiest 3 months of the year, flying a mere 2x/day.

I much prefer a direct flight.

Allegiant has improved reliability, but their service scores 3.5/5 vs. JetBlue 4/5

I believe that us enough to drive airline selection and yield.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Airline_Rev ... egiant-Air

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Airline_Rev ... ws-JetBlue

There are a huge number of city pairs that have enough demand for 2x to 5x/week service on an E190/195/A220 that cannot support 7x/week on an A320 or 737.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/j ... ets-dot-ok
"Many of these destinations are secondary leisure markets that have favorable costs for value conscious travelers or second homeowners," the company wrote in its application. "These markets in many cases support once a day service or service a select few days of the week. Over time the routes will cover the entire country."

Since Breeze is very software focused, I suspect they will seed routes with one stop, same plane service. Perhaps that will be how they serve markets in the iff season.

Lightsaber

hannah9898

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:40 pm

Will Breeze offer TV service like Azul or Jetblue?

WaywardMemphian

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:53 pm

hannah9898 wrote:
Will Breeze offer TV service like Azul or Jetblue?

Doubtful unless it is streaming to your device.

BTVB6Flyer

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:55 pm

Per MCO's Instagram (@flyMCO), Breeze will be flying into MCO this Friday-Sunday, 11:05a and departing 12:35pm. N190BZ for tracking. Does this confirm MCO as one of the first bases?

dabpit

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Per MCO's Instagram (@flyMCO), Breeze will be flying into MCO this Friday-Sunday, 11:05a and departing 12:35pm. N190BZ for tracking. Does this confirm MCO as one of the first bases?

There is nothing on their Instagram or Twitter about Breeze. They did have a post about JetBlue's A220 visiting....

FLYKTPA

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:03 pm

dabpit wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

There is nothing on their Instagram or Twitter about Breeze. They did have a post about JetBlue's A220 visiting....

It’s literally on their IG story rn.

ChrisPBacon

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:55 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Negative. These are just proving runs with the feds onboard. They will also fly into FLL and TPA. MCO isn’t the initial base.

Cboyle

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:11 pm

I may have just realized that breeze may be heading to MLI... have an announcement Tuesday and breeze is proving...

dabpit

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:00 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
dabpit wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Could have literally just said it was on their IG story, did not notice MCO posted "stories"

ChrisPBacon wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Negative. These are just proving runs with the feds onboard. They will also fly into FLL and TPA. MCO isn’t the initial base.

Acording to Flightradar24 and Flightaware N190BZ hasn't flown since January 7th, is that correct?

N190BZ is the 195
N108BZ and N110BZ are the 190

yyztpa2

Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:01 am

dabpit wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
dabpit wrote:

Could have literally just said it was on their IG story, did not notice MCO posted "stories"

ChrisPBacon wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Acording to Flightradar24 and Flightaware N190BZ hasn't flown since January 7th, is that correct?

N190BZ is the 195

Third e190 delivered earlier this week https://www.nac.dk/news-and-press/nac-d ... -on-lease/

flightsimer

Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:13 am

dabpit wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
dabpit wrote:

ChrisPBacon wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

N190BZ is the 195

Breeze has at least 4 planes in its fleet. All of the 190s currently are registered under their NAC registration and they all seem to be blocked from tracking. 102 and 110 are in the process of being changed but 108 has not been submitted for change yet.

E195
MSN 660, N190BZ

E190
MSN070, N90NA / N108BZ, 1st NAC, delivered 2-2-21
MSN055, N98NA / N102BZ, 2nd NAC, delivered 3-1-21
MSN075, N975NA / N110BZ, 3rd NAC, delivered 3-22-21

sunking737

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:49 am

4 planes in their fleet, are any flying any kind of Pilot Training, so is that all done with a Sim now???

yyztpa2

Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:17 pm

sunking737 wrote:
4 planes in their fleet, are any flying any kind of Pilot Training, so is that all done with a Sim now???

As best as I can tell, the 3 E190 are stll registered with the 'NA' registration.

flightsimer

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:10 pm

yyztpa2 wrote:
sunking737 wrote:

As best as I can tell, the 3 E190 are stll registered with the 'NA' registration.

As I said two replies up, two 190’s are in processing to have their numbers changed. It takes about 2 weeks from submission until it’s completed. 108 still has not officially been submitted For change yet. My guess is they are using it for proving and won’t do it until after certification.

xpfg

Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 pm

I just boarded a flight in MCO and caught a glimpse of Breeze at the gate.

81627CD4-77DD-4F46-B155-4B574ABDC15C.jpeg

dabpit

Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:55 pm

xpfg wrote:
I just boarded a flight in MCO and caught a glimpse of Breeze at the gate.

81627CD4-77DD-4F46-B155-4B574ABDC15C.jpeg

The flight landed in MCO at 11:14am and was scheduled to depart for FLL at 12:35pm but the departure appears cancelled. Breeze used gate 23 at MCO. Pictures are up on Orlando Airport's Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNFu7JrBpao/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Here is the flight path from Flightradar24

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n190bz#273fe9d7

dabpit

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:38 pm

So Breeze is sharing on their social media accounts that they are "gearing up for launch very soon." Will be interesting to see which cities will be the initial base and what cities will get service.

FLYBY72

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:45 am

They been saying soon for over a year now... still have not sold a single ticket. Might want to do that before starting service.

PVD523

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:05 am

[list=][/list]
FLYBY72 wrote:
They been saying soon for over a year now... still have not sold a single ticket. Might want to do that before starting service.

Sarcasm not needed. They would've launched last year had the pandemic not happened. They'll be up and running soon enough.

lightsaber

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:43 pm

dabpit wrote:
So Breeze is sharing on their social media accounts that they are "gearing up for launch very soon." Will be interesting to see which cities will be the initial base and what cities will get service.

I'm very interested on the first city pairs, frequency, and to see what their app is really like.

Lightsaber

trexel94

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:12 am

Any insight on the cabin arrangement, seat selection and style? Are they using Azul’s existing cabin or doing a complete overhaul? All I know is that the Embraers will be all economy. When are we going to see some interior pics?

freakyrat

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:33 am

AZORMP wrote:
N292UX wrote:
klm617 wrote:

GRR isn’t a secondary city for air travel. They have direct FL flights to tourist destinations already AND they’re gate-constrained (last I heard, and it was pre-pandemic). The Project Elevate stuff will only cause more constraints until it’s done.

AZO will see Breeze flights before GRR ever does.

SBN-EWR did very well on UA before UA dropped most RJ flying out of EWR. ISP and HPN are to far from Manhattan but maybe one of them would work.

clrd4t8koff

Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:01 pm

freakyrat wrote:
SBN-EWR did very well on UA before UA dropped most RJ flying out of EWR. ISP and HPN are to far from Manhattan but maybe one of them would work.

Can you provide a source backing up SBN-EWR “did very well for UA.” I’m curious as to why if it did so well why didn’t AA or DL jump on SBN-LGA/JFK when UA exited SBN-EWR. Or why didn’t UA simply shift the flight to SBN-IAD to keep an east coast option for SBN travelers?

MIflyer12

Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:29 pm

AZORMP wrote:
N292UX wrote:
klm617 wrote:

GRR isn’t a secondary city for air travel.

Sure it is. It ranked 74th for arrival and departing domestic passengers in 2019, 1/9th the traffic of DTW, according to RITA BTS data.

ejl01

Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:36 pm

trexel94 wrote:
Any insight on the cabin arrangement, seat selection and style? Are they using Azul’s existing cabin or doing a complete overhaul? All I know is that the Embraers will be all economy. When are we going to see some interior pics?

Safran's Z110i seats for Economy and Z600 for Business: https://www.safran-seats.com/media/safran-seats-deliver-z110i-and-z600-sfe-seats-airbus-a220-20210323

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos