Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyingElvii

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed May 05, 2021 8:27 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Grandforks12 wrote:
Do you think Colorado Springs (COS) could see some Breeze action?

Excluding SLC, due to Breeze operations there, I do no expect flights that far West for two or three years.

As prior links;
https://onemileatatime.com/breeze-airwa ... %20airport

Breeze will fly from an airport in the southeast to four airports in the northeast, and from another airport even further south to four airports in the northeast, southeast, and southern plains

In the months to follow, Breeze will increase operations from the two initial airports in the southeast, and add a third airport

By July 2021, Breeze plans to increase service from existing airports, and also fly from another airport in the southeast to airports in the northeast, southern plains, and mid-Atlantic

Colorado will be late in the game.

Lightsaber

I can easily see SLC coming less-than-daily in expansion round two or three, likely to Provo or Ogden, from GYY or BLV. Two other open airport possibilities we haven’t talked about are Cleveland Lakefront, or Morristown, NJ.

Jerseyguy

Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
I can easily see SLC coming less-than-daily in expansion round two or three, likely to Provo or Ogden, from GYY or BLV. Two other open airport possibilities we haven’t talked about are Cleveland Lakefront, or Morristown, NJ.

The only commerical service out of Morristown (MMU) was with Ultimate Air used an FBO (Signature??) and didn't have TSA. So it would be nice if there were good facilities at MMU but there aren't and I doubt they would build something for Breeze. Its also very close to EWR not sure if their would be conflicts but EWR would get priority.

lightsaber

Wed May 05, 2021 9:23 pm

flightsimer wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
I'm floored that 4,400 pilots applied for 85 positions:
https://www.businessinsider.com/breeze- ... ing-2021-4

I'm curious as to the ramp rate of that hiring. Depending on the planned utilization, that is enough pilots for 6 to 12 aircraft (more likely more aircraft due to low utilization).

For the low utilization model Breeze is going to be implementing, the E-jets are a great deal. The flying is limited, so the high variable costs ("gas guzzlers" with high maintenance costs) are overcome by good yield (presumably) and low fixed costs. A win-win. I'm happy Breeze is signing the needed contracts to service their fleet.

From my first link:
Pilots assigned to the Embraer fleet will return to their base every night instead of spending nights on the road. It's a concept that saves Breeze on hotel expenses but also allows pilots to spend more time at home.

There is no way to ensure the plane returns to the same home base with high utilization. That means they will hold up for a long time. Breeze could (eventually) even buy 2nd hand E2s one day. :spin:

Lightsaber

I am not surprised at all.
The pilot shortage is over, and will be for years, especially once PPP stops
Neelman has a track record of success.... Anyone signing on now will likely be a management pilot in 24 months, or at least #1 or #2 in any base they chose. Trading two tough years in the beginning for 10-15 years of great QOL is likely very attractive, especially to the likes of senior regional pilots, some who took the buyouts.

As far as reliability, they are going with the "Power-by-the-Hour" plan, so that takes the biggest part of the maintenance uncertainties out of the equation.

If they have only one or two bases in the beginning, it is entirely possible to keep utilization up on the short legs they are flying, and still return to base in the evening. Allegiant did it for years.
They will have the occasional IROP-caused overnights. As they grow, that will likely change, especially as contracts get renegotiated. But for now, they shouldn't have any trouble at all.
With EAMS facilities in Nashville, La Vergne, Macon, the factory facility in Melbourne, plus Clay Lacy in the Northeast, support is reasonably close by in the east.

Most pilots hired so far are late 20’s through early 40’s. For many, a 30+ year career.

As for planes returning to base every night, there would be no requirement for that to happen. Even at the regional level, doing a day trip, I hardly ever kept the same plane all day.

They can switch planes, but my link noted E-jets have crews return to base to save on hotel.

Lightsaber
6 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

Jerseyguy

Thu May 06, 2021 4:19 am

There had been discussions in the 2020 thread (and a lawsuit by an airline union) about whether Breeze's hiring practices were age discrimination. Not offering any opinion on that but was watching an UVU video on the program and the women from Breeze mentioned that they do have online masters programs that were allowed to be hired thru the college program.

Masters
------------
Health and Public Service
Nursing
Business (coming soon)

https://youtu.be/KLp3N3XHP54?t=1293 (the portion of the video where they mention the masters degrees)

I'm wondering if this is why Breeze's lawyers have ok'd this arrangement for hiring as one can get a masters in business at any stage in life. Again just putting that out there as I don't recall hearing anyone mention that.

dstblj52

Thu May 06, 2021 4:38 am

lightsaber wrote:
iAvgeek737 wrote:
I was reading through some old forums, mainly the Spirit and Southwest ones. Man A-Net is funny. Its so interesting to see how people used to hate on Southwest for being a "Circus" and not being "Cheap and Reckless" in terms of labor and operations. Now we have Spirit and people see Southwest as the golden airline. Its also funny seeing how people perceive Breeze as it is created by JetBlue's founder so its automatically going to be a greatest thing since sliced bread when its really just Allegiant with free Wi-Fi and maybe one or two different things.

I posted upthread on Allegiant, Spirit, and Frontier's really poor customer satisfaction. One thing Neeleman is known for is creating airlines with good customer satisfaction. Comparing Allegiant and Breeze is worth a discussion:

1. Breeze claims their app is going to provide a better customer experience. I posted upthread how Allegiant noted in their last conference call they updated their homepage and app. In my opinion, that was really needed. So a once possible large competitive advantage was diluted. See the link below for "Allegiant 2.0" which helped. A lot for Allegiant, Breeze made a lot of noise on the app and Allegiant recognized and reduced the competitive weakness.
2. Customer experience. Allegiant still doesn't have service with a smile. It is a bit hectic to fly on.
3. Fees, Breeze has fewer fees and at least initially lower bag fees.
4. The A220s will have comfy seats. A small revenue enhancer for Breeze.
5. Cost structure. Like it or not, the pilot shortage is over. Breeze will have an easy time hiring in E-jet pilots. I wonder their strategy fir A220 pilots.
6. Conversely, Allegiant has ample stock of used A320CEOs to choose from. They should expand quickly. I see enough opportunity in 2x to 5x per week for years of growth.
7. Long haul will be an advantage for Breeze thanks to the A220. So once Breeze needs that as expansion, there will be a unit cost advantage vs Allegiant. I expect this to occur in a few years.
8. Customer base. Breeze has no existing customers to sell new routes advantage Allegiant. But due to many years of poor customer satisfaction, not a huge advantage for Allegiant if Breeze can get their name out.
9. Small gauge. Thanks to as already noted lease rates 1/3rd of what Azul was paying, Breeze van use the E190/195 to start markets with little risk.
10. Neeleman is amazing at PR. In my opinion at Morris Air, Westjet, JetBlue, and Azul he is one if the rare characters who gets extra PR easy a la Sir Richard Branson. Just my opinion...
10. Costs per passenger, I have never seen an airline setup to have a lower overhead and transaction cost than Breeze.

I find his prior airlines much less hassle than the competition. Allegiant is improving. They are a far better airline than 3 years ago in my opinion.

In my opinion, the newer Allegiant presentations are the best in the industry. That implies well run (stiff competition).
https://ir.allegiantair.com/static-file ... f510573ad7

I see room for competition marketed as higher end. I fully agree it us quite the Allegiant business model. That said, there is room for Breeze. I like the fewer "gotcha" fees of Breeze.

We will have to see. I see Breeze marketing ramping up once they are allowed to sell.

Lightsaber

I'm not shocked most airline applications especially at anywhere that's not a big 6 carrier basically fill out a really complete application here (https://www.airlineapps.com/), then import from your logbook and apply to everything that's a better job than what you have currently, and reimport your new times every 3-4 months, so what this tells me is about 25% of regional pilots or 75% of E-jet pilots (assuming everyone bothered to read that part of the requirements) perceive breeze to be a better job than working for republic, skywest, mesa, et all.

FlyingElvii

Thu May 06, 2021 7:32 am

Jerseyguy wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:

The only commerical service out of Morristown (MMU) was with Ultimate Air used an FBO (Signature??) and didn't have TSA. So it would be nice if there were good facilities at MMU but there aren't and I doubt they would build something for Breeze. Its also very close to EWR not sure if their would be conflicts but EWR would get priority.

JetBlue operated from portable classrooms at LGB for several years, until the new terminal was completed. Allegiant has operated from several temporary setups.

Where there is will, there is always a way.

Jerseyguy

Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 am

dabpit wrote:
ChrisPBacon wrote:
I am sure they already know what cities they will serve, but airlines like to keep peoples interest on hold. I don't know why, I find it annoying and it's not in the airlines best interest. I was told 4-5 weeks ago by airport management that in a couple of weeks an exciting announcement will be made. Still no announcement.

If they announce their markets before they are certified, other carriers could use it to jump into the markets. That's why carriers don't announce service until they are ready to sell tickets. Yes, they know what markets they plan to serve, and they've already selected at least one ground service provider. From an insider at GAT, they've got contracts for 5 cities. Couldn't get the 5 cities out of my source.
Take a look at some of the places GAT is hiring.
One city that no airline currently uses GAT is PIT.
Other key places thy are hiring is CHS and RIC (hiring all same positions as PIT.
Some I can’t tell because they currently serve airlines are MSY, JAN (Jackson, MS), ECP, JAX, SDF, and Mobile.

Perhaps this increases the likelyhood of SDF.
Also JAN JAX and MOB don't have any nonstop flights.
ECP doesn't but G4 goes to VPS and New Orleans has G4 service

Embraer and Breeze Airways announce pool program agreement
https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/em ... -agreement

Bluegrass60

Thu May 06, 2021 12:25 pm

SDF-ECP would be well supported and would also draw from IND, CVG, EVV, DAY and LEX catchments...less than 2 hour drive to SDF for a 90 min or less flight to ECP vs 10-11 added hours by car...priced right and they could fill that flight M-F with multiple flights on Sat/Sun. (reduced service Dec-Feb) Many 2nd home folks and popular beach area for this part of US.

lightsaber

Thu May 06, 2021 1:48 pm

dstblj52 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
iAvgeek737 wrote:
I was reading through some old forums, mainly the Spirit and Southwest ones. Man A-Net is funny. Its so interesting to see how people used to hate on Southwest for being a "Circus" and not being "Cheap and Reckless" in terms of labor and operations. Now we have Spirit and people see Southwest as the golden airline. Its also funny seeing how people perceive Breeze as it is created by JetBlue's founder so its automatically going to be a greatest thing since sliced bread when its really just Allegiant with free Wi-Fi and maybe one or two different things.

I posted upthread on Allegiant, Spirit, and Frontier's really poor customer satisfaction. One thing Neeleman is known for is creating airlines with good customer satisfaction. Comparing Allegiant and Breeze is worth a discussion:

1. Breeze claims their app is going to provide a better customer experience. I posted upthread how Allegiant noted in their last conference call they updated their homepage and app. In my opinion, that was really needed. So a once possible large competitive advantage was diluted. See the link below for "Allegiant 2.0" which helped. A lot for Allegiant, Breeze made a lot of noise on the app and Allegiant recognized and reduced the competitive weakness.
2. Customer experience. Allegiant still doesn't have service with a smile. It is a bit hectic to fly on.
5. Cost structure. Like it or not, the pilot shortage is over. Breeze will have an easy time hiring in E-jet pilots. I wonder their strategy fir A220 pilots.
6. Conversely, Allegiant has ample stock of used A320CEOs to choose from. They should expand quickly. I see enough opportunity in 2x to 5x per week for years of growth.
7. Long haul will be an advantage for Breeze thanks to the A220. So once Breeze needs that as expansion, there will be a unit cost advantage vs Allegiant. I expect this to occur in a few years.
8. Customer base. Breeze has no existing customers to sell new routes advantage Allegiant. But due to many years of poor customer satisfaction, not a huge advantage for Allegiant if Breeze can get their name out.
9. Small gauge. Thanks to as already noted lease rates 1/3rd of what Azul was paying, Breeze van use the E190/195 to start markets with little risk.
10. Neeleman is amazing at PR. In my opinion at Morris Air, Westjet, JetBlue, and Azul he is one if the rare characters who gets extra PR easy a la Sir Richard Branson. Just my opinion...
10. Costs per passenger, I have never seen an airline setup to have a lower overhead and transaction cost than Breeze.

I find his prior airlines much less hassle than the competition. Allegiant is improving. They are a far better airline than 3 years ago in my opinion.

In my opinion, the newer Allegiant presentations are the best in the industry. That implies well run (stiff competition).

I see room for competition marketed as higher end. I fully agree it us quite the Allegiant business model. That said, there is room for Breeze. I like the fewer "gotcha" fees of Breeze.

We will have to see. I see Breeze marketing ramping up once they are allowed to sell.

Lightsaber

I'm not shocked most airline applications especially at anywhere that's not a big 6 carrier basically fill out a really complete application here (https://www.airlineapps.com/), then import from your logbook and apply to everything that's a better job than what you have currently, and reimport your new times every 3-4 months, so what this tells me is about 25% of regional pilots or 75% of E-jet pilots (assuming everyone bothered to read that part of the requirements) perceive breeze to be a better job than working for republic, skywest, mesa, et all.

I would have to go through more contracts, but Delta had "flow down" provisions where their pilots may replace regional pilots. Considering one of those options, Compass, shut down, there is a block of available pilots.

https://paxex.aero/pilots-furloughs-put ... al-fleets/

Regionals aren't flying much. Many might see this as an opportunity to get into Breeze early (be high on seniority). This allows moving to that growing A220 fleet, if they choose, after 3 years.

Jerseyguy wrote:
There had been discussions in the 2020 thread (and a lawsuit by an airline union) about whether Breeze's hiring practices were age discrimination. Not offering any opinion on that but was watching an UVU video on the program and the women from Breeze mentioned that they do have online masters programs that were allowed to be hired thru the college program.

Masters
------------
Nursing
Business (coming soon)

https://youtu.be/KLp3N3XHP54?t=1293 (the portion of the video where they mention the masters degrees)

I'm wondering if this is why Breeze's lawyers have ok'd this arrangement for hiring as one can get a masters in business at any stage in life. Again just putting that out there as I don't recall hearing anyone mention that.

The masters option gives an out. Until Breeze unionizes (which kills a cost advantage), they will be a target. On some airlines, senior FAs make all the difference. One one airline that used to be my favorite and now I don't fly, seniority ensured rather lazy FAs. I wouldn't trust them to know the safety protocols. In particular the one where the coffee maker was an intellectual challenge...

FAs have an important safety role. I would hope one per flight, the purser, would be retrained at a more senior level. That said, 90% of a FA role is customer service. If Breeze flies 15 days a month, say 4 hours a day, that is a true part time position, even with training.

Breeze will have very low costs... I'm curious bif the previously posted links with 55% load factors for break even are true. (I'm a skeptic in general, this isn't about Breeze per se as I expect lower fares for a bit.)

Don't misunderstand me, I'm excited for Breeze. My opinion is they are an Allegiant better structured to serve myself than Allegiant (if I was in the target region). Why? I would order that filet sandwich. ;) That and a less "gotcha" revenue model is far more attractive to myself. e.g., I fly DL and B6 as the only hassle is getting to the plane, not the airline. (We have all had our bad experiences.)

I'm also excited about an app designed for easy flight switches. Hey DL, after I move a flight, don't advise me the obsolete boarding pass is ready, that makes me think something went wrong on moving flight days...

On another thought, Breeze will start up just in time to get ready for a busy summer.

Lightsaber

WaywardMemphian

Thu May 06, 2021 3:08 pm

This sounds an awful lot like the spry youngsters I saw on my EasyJet and Ryanair flights.

dstblj52

Thu May 06, 2021 3:35 pm

lightsaber wrote:
dstblj52 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

I would have to go through more contracts, but Delta had "flow down" provisions where their pilots may replace regional pilots. Considering one of those options, Compass, shut down, there is a block of available pilots.

https://paxex.aero/pilots-furloughs-put ... al-fleets/

Regionals aren't flying much. Many might see this as an opportunity to get into Breeze early (be high on seniority). This allows moving to that growing A220 fleet, if they choose, after 3 years.

Jerseyguy wrote:

Masters
------------
Nursing
Business (coming soon)

The masters option gives an out. Until Breeze unionizes (which kills a cost advantage), they will be a target. On some airlines, senior FAs make all the difference. One one airline that used to be my favorite and now I don't fly, seniority ensured rather lazy FAs. I wouldn't trust them to know the safety protocols. In particular the one where the coffee maker was an intellectual challenge...

FAs have an important safety role. I would hope one per flight, the purser, would be retrained at a more senior level. That said, 90% of a FA role is customer service. If Breeze flies 15 days a month, say 4 hours a day, that is a true part time position, even with training.

Breeze will have very low costs... I'm curious bif the previously posted links with 55% load factors for break even are true. (I'm a skeptic in general, this isn't about Breeze per se as I expect lower fares for a bit.)

Don't misunderstand me, I'm excited for Breeze. My opinion is they are an Allegiant better structured to serve myself than Allegiant (if I was in the target region). Why? I would order that filet sandwich. ;) That and a less "gotcha" revenue model is far more attractive to myself. e.g., I fly DL and B6 as the only hassle is getting to the plane, not the airline. (We have all had our bad experiences.)

I'm also excited about an app designed for easy flight switches. Hey DL, after I move a flight, don't advise me the obsolete boarding pass is ready, that makes me think something went wrong on moving flight days...

On another thought, Breeze will start up just in time to get ready for a busy summer.

Lightsaber

Delta no long has a flow down provision and that was the last on the books not that it was worth much as it only applied if compass was growing up to a maximum of 5 pilots per aircraft they operated for delta connection

ChrisNH38

Thu May 06, 2021 3:56 pm

lightsaber wrote:

In my view, they've already missed it. People don't plan their summers in May; they do it in January and February.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

airlineworker

Thu May 06, 2021 4:27 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

In my view, they've already missed it. People don't plan their summers in May; they do it in January and February.

Thought Breeze and Allegiant were on HVN's radar, for a few years G4 said they wanted to serve HVN. Avelo struck first.

PDX88

Thu May 06, 2021 6:13 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Maybe they’ve missed a decent portion of advanced planning summer travelers, but there are a significant amount of people that make last minute weekend getaway plans. There’s plenty of opportunity to fill planes.

lightsaber

Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 pm

PDX88 wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Maybe they’ve missed a decent portion of advanced planning summer travelers, but there are a significant amount of people that make last minute weekend getaway plans. There’s plenty of opportunity to fill planes.

I tried to find a link on the fraction of early travelers and I couldn't find a good source, does anyone have a link?

Airfares are going up due to demand. That is what matters. This presents a window where Breeze's low costs allow them to work into the market.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/a ... 333087002/

High vacation rental demand this year:
https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-New ... ing-prices

I'm more bearish on international flying. This link has a better summary than I could write:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed ... 4452114796

Lightsaber

lightsaber

Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 pm

PDX88 wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

I tried to find a link on the fraction of early travelers and I couldn't find a good source, does anyone have a link?

Airfares are going up due to demand. That is what matters. This presents a window where Breeze's low costs allow them to work into the market.

I'm more bearish on international flying. This link has a better summary than I could write:

Late edit: Would it have been better for Breeze to be selling January? :yes: Since that didn't happen, far better to be selling in a higher airfare environment than a year ago.
Honestly, with all the planes scrapped, I think there will be niches to fill if Breeze can identify the correct ones.

Lightsaber

DLASFlyer

Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

LOL. Average US booking window right now is 48 days out.

TerminalD

Thu May 06, 2021 11:28 pm

lightsaber wrote:
PDX88 wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

Late edit: Would it have been better for Breeze to be selling January? :yes: Since that didn't happen, far better to be selling in a higher airfare environment than a year ago.
Honestly, with all the planes scrapped, I think there will be niches to fill if Breeze can identify the correct ones.

Lightsaber

If they are going to focus on leisure it's too late for Summer. Rental cars are completely gone everywhere. Hotels are getting there. Gone in many places already.

Midwestindy

Thu May 06, 2021 11:44 pm

TerminalD wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
PDX88 wrote:

Lightsaber

If they are going to focus on leisure it's too late for Summer. Rental cars are completely gone everywhere. Hotels are getting there. Gone in many places already.

Yeah it's gotten pretty bad rental car wise.

Also, people keep forgetting that Breeze is targeting relatively low O&D city pairs, it's not like they are flying LAX to LAS, you can't reasonably fill the types of routes they are targeting in weeks, it takes months to do that regardless of fares. G4 announces these types of routes with 8+ months of lead-in time.

Additionally, one would think the low fare traffic they are targeting would have booked May & early June travel by now. More price cognizant travelers book well in advance, and even if they are able to find low airfares now, I'd assume hotel and rental car rates at most leisure destinations are either partially sold out or are prohibitively expensive.
ORD & IND

AA & DL

lightsaber

Fri May 07, 2021 12:14 am

Midwestindy wrote:
TerminalD wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

Yeah it's gotten pretty bad rental car wise.

Also, people keep forgetting that Breeze is targeting relatively low O&D city pairs, it's not like they are flying LAX to LAS, you can't reasonably fill the types of routes they are targeting in weeks, it takes months to do that regardless of fares. G4 announces these types of routes with 8+ months of lead-in time.

Additionally, one would think the low fare traffic they are targeting would have booked May & early June travel by now. More price cognizant travelers book well in advance, and even if they are able to find low airfares now, I'd assume hotel and rental car rates at most leisure destinations are either partially sold out or are prohibitively expensive.

I can only imagine the rental car situation. That will be a handicap.

If the average buy out is now 48 days, that will be a handicap. With the car production issues out there, that will be a problem all year.

My opinion is many, like myself, held off booking until we can get out children vaccinated.

We will see. It would have been much more ideal to sell early. However, an elevated fare environment is much better than a few months ago. e.g., my labor day weekend flight is cheap!

Lightsaber

alohashirts

Fri May 07, 2021 1:33 am

At this point who knows if or when Breeze will be open for business. Memorial Day is coming up, then after that’s it’s pretty much the start of summer travel season. Still waiting.

lightsaber

Fri May 07, 2021 1:39 pm

Pot a comment with a link per forum rules.

lightsaber

Fri May 07, 2021 1:40 pm

alohashirts wrote:
At this point who knows if or when Breeze will be open for business. Memorial Day is coming up, then after that’s it’s pretty much the start of summer travel season. Still waiting.

You have a good point, it is too late to fill planes the first few weeks of the summer travel season for Breeze. I wish there was a progress bar, but there isn't.

Lightsaber

FLYBY72

Fri May 07, 2021 1:59 pm

alohashirts wrote:

Exactly!! All week nothing but posts about Their low costs and possible routes... Well, they have zero routes. So, I don’t care how low their costs are if revenue is ZERO. Hey its Friday... again.... and no announcement!

But let’s talk about where they are going to fly out of and grow with the A220!

PDX88

Fri May 07, 2021 6:36 pm

A220 hiring window is now open for Captains and CQFO.

SRQLOT

Sat May 08, 2021 3:16 am

I guess not that much luck finding FAs

While still offering the program with Utah Valley University, Breeze broadening it’s search. Although no info on that. I always wondered how practical it would be unless you were an online college student.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/breeze-eases ... 49558.html
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK G4 F9
717 733/7/8/9/M8 744 752/3 763 772 788 319/20/21 332/3 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E70/75/95 (PA28,152)

FlyingElvii

Sat May 08, 2021 4:18 am

SRQLOT wrote:

While still offering the program with Utah Valley University, Breeze broadening it’s search. Although no info on that. I always wondered how practical it would be unless you were an online college student.

Many FA’s are sitting at home making more money than they can operating. Why would they come back?
It is going to be a long, tough summer, I think.

lightsaber

Sat May 08, 2021 4:25 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

Many FA’s are sitting at home making more money than they can operating. Why would they come back?
It is going to be a long, tough summer, I think.

The college plan wasn't to hire ex-FA's, it was to get aspiring students and keep costs low. I'm curious as to what fraction of FA's needed were hired.

It makes sense to have a professional core. Existing FA's aren't who they would be looking for, in my opinion.

PDX88 wrote:

Do you have a link?

Lightsaber

Jerseyguy

Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 am

It appears that Breeze has shown interest in Bridgeport, CT (BDR)..as recently as April 8 when they wrote a letter of support about aid from the FAA for upgrades to the airport

"Our business strategy ... is to focus on new nonstop flights and lower fairs at smaller cities such as Bridgeport (and) routes ignored by other larger airlines. We expect our business plan could support new service and improved economic development opportunities at a number of cities in Connecticut, including Bridgeport,” Eric Fletcher, Breeze Airways director of legal and community affairs

It also quotes US House Representative Jim Himes saying Breeze never had any interest in HVN so he thought that the Avelo announcement wouldn't change that.

Appears to be behind paywall
https://www.ctinsider.com/news/ctpost/a ... 161407.php

airlineworker

Sat May 08, 2021 11:41 am

Jerseyguy wrote:
It appears that Breeze has shown interest in Bridgeport, CT (BDR)..as recently as April 8 when they wrote a letter of support about aid from the FAA for upgrades to the airport

"Our business strategy ... is to focus on new nonstop flights and lower fairs at smaller cities such as Bridgeport (and) routes ignored by other larger airlines. We expect our business plan could support new service and improved economic development opportunities at a number of cities in Connecticut, including Bridgeport,” Eric Fletcher, Breeze Airways director of legal and community affairs

It also quotes US House Representative Jim Himes saying Breeze never had any interest in HVN so he thought that the Avelo announcement wouldn't change that.

Appears to be behind paywall
https://www.ctinsider.com/news/ctpost/a ... 161407.php

BDR has a 4700 foot runway that floods over during heavy rain. Don't see Breeze going there.

sprxUSA

Sat May 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Is a county fair a lower fair than a state fair?
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

dabpit

Sat May 08, 2021 2:12 pm

lightsaber wrote:

PDX88 wrote:

Do you have a link?

Lightsaber

It is on the Breeze’s Career page.
Carpe Diem

Coronado990

Sat May 08, 2021 6:15 pm

sprxUSA wrote:

That's not a fare question.
Bonanza Air Lines. The original BZ.

Jerseyguy

Sun May 09, 2021 12:25 am

sprxUSA wrote:

I believe it's Vanity Fair. I think it's fare to aay we should take that article with a grain of salt.

lightsaber

Sun May 09, 2021 3:43 am

dabpit wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

PDX88 wrote:

Do you have a link?

Lightsaber

Ahhh.. Found it:
https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Breeze+Airlines

Wait, sales ambassador for ATL, ORD, DTW, FLL, Nashville, EWR, BWI, LAX, SAN, and Las Vegas (Nashville and Vegas were not airport specific).

We might be seeing future stations...

Lightsaber

Blerg

Sun May 09, 2021 3:46 am

If they are looking for sales ambassadors for those cities, could it be that they are looking at airports that indirectly serve those markets? I can't imagine they would be flying to/from ATL if they are looking to operate routes with no competition.

Wneast

Sun May 09, 2021 3:49 am

Blerg wrote:
If they are looking for sales ambassadors for those cities, could it be that they are looking at airports that indirectly serve those markets? I can't imagine they would be flying to/from ATL if they are looking to operate routes with no competition.

Las Vegas doesn’t have a another airport and some of the others don’t either I feel like we are going to see breeze enter into bigger airports then what we are seeing with avelo ?

Jerseyguy

Sun May 09, 2021 4:06 am

lightsaber wrote:
dabpit wrote:

Ahhh.. Found it: https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Breeze+Airlines
Wait, sales ambassador for ATL, ORD, DTW, FLL, Nashville, EWR, BWI, LAX, SAN, and Las Vegas (Nashville and Vegas were not airport specific).

Tho only sales ambassador I see via that link is for CLEAR (the Pre-check alternative). If you click thru it gives the CEO of the company as Caryn Seidman-Becker so it definitely is for the company I am thinking of.

rssgvegas

Sun May 09, 2021 7:47 am

lightsaber wrote:
dabpit wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Do you have a link?

Lightsaber

Ahhh.. Found it:

Lightsaber

Those don't have anything to do with Breeze, just CLEAR at those particular airports. They only popped up b/c your search was for Breeze and in the job description it talks about CLEAR and says "breeze through the airport." That's why you got a result for it!

Kno

Sun May 09, 2021 2:41 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Planning your summer in January and February? Yikes!

I’d guess a percentage of families and type A people do that but young people make up a huge percentage of the flying public and do it on shorter notice.

dabpit

Sun May 09, 2021 3:36 pm

lightsaber wrote:
dabpit wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Do you have a link?

Lightsaber

Ahhh.. Found it:

Lightsaber

The sales ambassador job is with CLEAR which is the biometrics security company used at a lot of airports (like pre-check). I would not use Indeed but rather just go directly to the Breeze Careers site (linked from their website http://flybreeze.com)...

https://boards.greenhouse.io/breezeairways

Breeze is also hiring FAs with a 4 year contract and minimum guarantee of 70 hours per month.
Carpe Diem

lightsaber

Sun May 09, 2021 3:52 pm

dabpit wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
dabpit wrote:

Ahhh.. Found it:

Lightsaber

The sales ambassador job is with CLEAR which is the biometrics security company used at a lot of airports (like pre-check). I would not use Indeed but rather just go directly to the Breeze Careers site (linked from their website http://flybreeze.com)...

https://boards.greenhouse.io/breezeairways

Breeze is also hiring FAs with a 4 year contract and minimum guarantee of 70 hours per month.

Ahhh... My mistake.

The link provided has much less insight... bummer. We wait.

Lightsaber

FLYBY72

Mon May 10, 2021 4:05 pm

Vegas giving +200 Odds for Breeze starting this week.

johnboy

Wed May 12, 2021 12:33 am

I felt so bad that the Breeze discussion wasn’t on the first page where it *needs* to be, that I mused aloud whether all this talk about SDF being one of the opening stations was just all that. Talk.

BA744PHX

Wed May 12, 2021 12:49 am

johnboy wrote:
I felt so bad that the Breeze discussion wasn’t on the first page where it *needs* to be, that I mused aloud whether all this talk about SDF being one of the opening stations was just all that. Talk.

I have feeling many of you will be disappointed when Breeze reveals its initial network, which will connect smaller cities to a major O&D city.

flightsimer

Wed May 12, 2021 1:38 am

BA744PHX wrote:
johnboy wrote:

I have feeling many of you will be disappointed when Breeze reveals its initial network, which will connect smaller cities to a major O&D city.

I have the exact opposite feeling. People will be quite surprised... T-36 Hours!
Commercial / Airline Pilot

Wneast

Wed May 12, 2021 1:43 am

flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
johnboy wrote:

I have the exact opposite feeling. People will be quite surprised... T-36 Hours!

T-36 hours we seeing something in that time frame ?

BA744PHX

Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 am

flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Is that confirmed time wise or speculation/rumor? Anxious to finally see something solid come out

Jshank83

Wed May 12, 2021 4:35 am

flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
johnboy wrote:

We can be surprised AND disappointed... haha

That said at this point my bar is very low so I am not sure disappointed is possible

FLYBY72

Wed May 12, 2021 5:18 am

Wneast wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

T-36 hours we seeing something in that time frame ?

You going to put money on that?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos