Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Wneast

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 5:19 am

FLYBY72 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
I have the exact opposite feeling. People will be quite surprised... T-36 Hours!

T-36 hours we seeing something in that time frame ?

You going to put money on that?

Oh I will not money put money on anything but who knows

DaCubbyBearBar

Wed May 12, 2021 10:18 am

flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
johnboy wrote:
I felt so bad that the Breeze discussion wasn’t on the first page where it *needs* to be, that I mused aloud whether all this talk about SDF being one of the opening stations was just all that. Talk.

I have feeling many of you will be disappointed when Breeze reveals its initial network, which will connect smaller cities to a major O&D city.

I have the exact opposite feeling. People will be quite surprised... T-36 Hours!

Call Vegas and book the +200 on the money line? So by Thursday morning we will have routes and a certificate, or just the certificate?
I am me and no one else...so my opinions are mine

lightsaber

Wed May 12, 2021 12:43 pm

flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
johnboy wrote:
I felt so bad that the Breeze discussion wasn’t on the first page where it *needs* to be, that I mused aloud whether all this talk about SDF being one of the opening stations was just all that. Talk.

I have feeling many of you will be disappointed when Breeze reveals its initial network, which will connect smaller cities to a major O&D city.

Surprise on route announcement or start operations for T-36?

I'm of the opinion that most of us will be disappointed in what routes Breeze initially offers but that the routes will be viable from a business perspective. There probably will be one base so there will be a star pattern of routes initially.

I hope they get their certificate this week. How long will they sell before flying? If too short, they'll have too many empty seats.

Lightsaber
10 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

flightsimer

Wed May 12, 2021 1:23 pm

FLYBY72 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
flightsimer wrote:

AOC was received yesterday... so yes.
Commercial / Airline Pilot

FLYBY72

Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 pm

flightsimer wrote:
FLYBY72 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Ah, so Breeze only spams news outlets and Social Media when they don’t have an AOC. Now that they have it.... silence...

iAvgeek737

Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 pm

lightsaber wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

I'm of the opinion that most of us will be disappointed in what routes Breeze initially offers but that the routes will be viable from a business perspective. There probably will be one base so there will be a star pattern of routes initially.

I hope they get their certificate this week. How long will they sell before flying? If too short, they'll have too many empty seats.

Lightsaber

I heard memorial day is the target for start of operations so they will be essentially like Avelo in only giving people like 3 weeks until their first flight.

flightsimer

Wed May 12, 2021 1:37 pm

lightsaber wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Lightsaber

People will be Surprised with routes. A lot of route guesses here have been based off of an incorrect observation and or assumption which is why I think people will be surprised.

As for the T-36...That also wasn’t to a specific hour.
Last edited by flightsimer on Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iAvgeek737

Wed May 12, 2021 1:37 pm

Breeze has been assigned an IATA.

IATA: BZ ICAO: MXY Callsign: MOXY

flymco753

Wed May 12, 2021 1:43 pm

I'll gamble with saying that MCO will be included in the initial announcement.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

flightsimer

Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 pm

FLYBY72 wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
FLYBY72 wrote:

Ah, so Breeze only spams news outlets and Social Media when they don’t have an AOC. Now that they have it.... silence...

Just because you have an AOC and DOT authorization, doesn’t mean you can immediately start selling tickets the moment the AOC is in hand.

PVD757

Wed May 12, 2021 1:51 pm

I continue to hold on to hope that PVD can be part of their plans. My level of disappointment will depend on whether that happens or not! LOL

southsky

Wed May 12, 2021 1:56 pm

flightsimer wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
flightsimer wrote:

Lightsaber

People will be Surprised with routes. A lot of route guesses here have been based off of an incorrect observation and or assumption which is why I think people will be surprised.

How many routes are “known” to this point?

airlineworker

Wed May 12, 2021 2:03 pm

News item on Breeze coming to BDR. 4700 feet, I don't think so.

https://www.nhregister.com/news/article ... 161407.php

flyPIT

Wed May 12, 2021 2:20 pm

I’m going with PIT-BDL(or BDR)/RIC/ECP (all unserved) as well as PIT-LAX.
Last edited by flyPIT on Wed May 12, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLYi

RL757PVD

Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm

If we are placing bets, I'll go PVD-PIT/BNA/ORF/CHS/JAX and each of those to each other, and could potentially see BDL to same.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

flightsimer

Wed May 12, 2021 2:36 pm

airlineworker wrote:

4700ft is well within the performance of the Ejet. The only time it would be an issue is possibly during the winter.

JoseSalazar

Wed May 12, 2021 4:35 pm

flightsimer wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

4700ft is well within the performance of the Ejet. The only time it would be an issue is possibly during the winter.

Guess that depends how far the flight is and how many pax you wanna carry. B6 has large weight restrictions out of KEYW and that’s a little over 5K’ runway for a 3 hour flight with no alternate. Even if the flight were 2 hours it’d be tough I would think. I’ve never seen a weight restriction out of MVY at B6 (maybe they exist but I haven’t seen it so I can’t verify) but those flights are about 30 minutes. Throw in more seats on Breeze and take away over 300’ of runway…good luck loading that all the way up, especially on a hot summer day or with any kind of icing conditions, especially with a destination alternate. Might be possible with a 1, maybe 2 hour flight to have only small weight restrictions. BDR to Florida? That’d be a stretch. But, if they can make money with a 60% LF, then they are still making money.

Coronado990

Wed May 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Neeleman has experience with short field operations such as SDU at Azul (see video link below). By operating into shorter runways, the larger competition is basically shut out. BDR is is a good example and gives me hope that maybe someday CLD near San Diego will get some service. Also, other short runway airports such as AHN (Athens, GA) could see flights.
Azul at SDU:

https://youtu.be/vueZBn2RMGU
Bonanza Air Lines. The original BZ.

TerminalD

Wed May 12, 2021 6:12 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

Guess that depends how far the flight is and how many pax you wanna carry. B6 has large weight restrictions out of KEYW and that’s a little over 5K’ runway for a 3 hour flight with no alternate. Even if the flight were 2 hours it’d be tough I would think. I’ve never seen a weight restriction out of MVY at B6 (maybe they exist but I haven’t seen it so I can’t verify) but those flights are about 30 minutes. Throw in more seats on Breeze and take away over 300’ of runway…good luck loading that all the way up, especially on a hot summer day or with any kind of icing conditions, especially with a destination alternate. Might be possible with a 1, maybe 2 hour flight to have only small weight restrictions. BDR to Florida? That’d be a stretch. But, if they can make money with a 60% LF, then they are still making money.

Breeze has the E195, not the E190. Same engine/thrust (20k lbf/engine) but 2000lbs heavier empty weight plus Breeze E195 will have ~19 more seats plus another flight attendant. That's another 4,500 lbs. 6,500 lbs more total. One gallon of Jet A is 6.7 lbs. If the E195 burns ~500 gallons per hour that's 3,350 lbs of fuel per hour. 6,500 more pounds of operational weight will cut range by ~2 hours at takeoff weight limited airports, and JetBlue was already struggling at EYW on the E190. I don't see it.

Bluegrass60

Wed May 12, 2021 6:56 pm

flightsimer wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
flightsimer wrote:

Lightsaber

"From their DOT Filing: In March 2021, Breeze plans to introduce scheduled service on three routes from a southeastern United States airport to four points northeast, and from another airport farther south to four points in the northeast, southeast and the southern plains. See Exhibit T-1 at 1. In the subsequent months, Breeze will increase the number of destinations from the two initial airports and open another airport in the southeastern United States with service to points in the midwest, southern plains and northeast. See Exhibit T-1 at 2-4. Beginning in July, Breeze plans to initiate service from another airport in the southeast to points in the midatlantic, northeast and southern plains while increasing the number of destinations from its initial airports. See Exhibit T-1 at 5-6. In October, Breeze plans to begin service from two additional southeastern airports with service primarily to the northeast, see Exhibit T-1 at 7.

Month/# Cities Served/Avg Stage Length
1/7/750 SE1-NE1; SE1-NE2; SE1-NE3; SE1-NE4 SE2-NE; SE2-SE1; SE2-SP; SE2-?? = 7
2/11/750 SE3-MW; SE3-SP; SE3-NE
3/13/750
4/16/750
5/16/750
6/16/750
7/16/750 SE4-MA; SE4-NE; SE4-SP
8/16/750
9/18/750
10/19/750 SE5-NE; SE6-NE
11/19/750
12/20/750

JoseSalazar

Wed May 12, 2021 7:01 pm

TerminalD wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:
flightsimer wrote:

Breeze has the E195, not the E190. Same engine/thrust (20k lbf/engine) but 2000lbs heavier empty weight plus Breeze E195 will have ~19 more seats plus another flight attendant. That's another 4,500 lbs. 6,500 lbs more total. One gallon of Jet A is 6.7 lbs. If the E195 burns ~500 gallons per hour that's 3,350 lbs of fuel per hour. 6,500 more pounds of operational weight will cut range by ~2 hours at takeoff weight limited airports, and JetBlue was already struggling at EYW on the E190. I don't see it.

Breeze has both the 190 and the 195.

Also, the 195 doesn’t burn 3,350 lbs of fuel per hour. Normal fuel burn for the 190 is about 4400-5000 lb/hr in cruise depending on weights and altitudes. Guessing the 195 is a little higher.

alohashirts

Wed May 12, 2021 7:13 pm

My guesses would be ISP-ECP/MCO/FLL/SAV, CMH-MCO/FLL/SAV, ALB-MCO/FLL/ECP for the first initial release.

Jshank83

Wed May 12, 2021 7:19 pm

I thought it was basically known that CHS/ECP/PIE (or TPA)/ and probably ISP are 4 of the likely first stations?

PVD757

Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 pm

I’ve maintained that it is almost impossible to guess without knowing the choices of bases. If they go with something like DAB or MLB, the spokes will need to be larger markets like RDU, BWI, PIT, etc. if they are larger bases like FLL, TPA, MSY, etc. then smaller spokes would seem logical. If the bases are very large like ATL or MCO then the spokes could be much smaller like ORH, ILG, etc. The other wild card is it some combination of the above? This is exactly why I can’t wait to see what their initial plans are so we can see what other possibilities might exist.

flightsimer

Wed May 12, 2021 7:51 pm

TerminalD wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:
flightsimer wrote:

By the end of the year, Breeze will have 15 E190’s and 3 E195’s at the very minimum for the Ejet fleet.

dabpit

Wed May 12, 2021 8:23 pm

alohashirts wrote:
My guesses would be ISP-ECP/MCO/FLL/SAV, CMH-MCO/FLL/SAV, ALB-MCO/FLL/ECP for the first initial release.

You stated before that you saw the list of initial routes.... If you really saw the list then you left a few of the initial locations that they are going to start with...
Carpe Diem

Lilj4425

Wed May 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
I thought it was basically known that CHS/ECP/PIE (or TPA)/ and probably ISP are 4 of the likely first stations?

Now now. You know better than posting common sense on here.

TerminalD

Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
TerminalD wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:

Breeze has both the 190 and the 195.

Also, the 195 doesn’t burn 3,350 lbs of fuel per hour. Normal fuel burn for the 190 is about 4400-5000 lb/hr in cruise depending on weights and altitudes. Guessing the 195 is a little higher.

I was using a low estimate the make the case. Then the E195 range is even worse from a short field. I had missed that Breeze was getting both the E190 and E195.

This Simpleflying article seems to use the two types interchangeably as if they were the same model:
Meanwhile, all the enthusiasm in the world is no good for an airline without planes. However, just before the turn of the new year, Breeze Airways took delivery of its first Embraer E190 aircraft.

Neeleman alumni aircraft
The aircraft, now registered as N190BZ, was delivered to the carrier on December 30th. It is a 6.9-year-old Embraer ERJ-195 leased from Elevate Captial Partners and was previously operated by Neeleman alumni Azul Brazilian Airlines under registration PR-AUB.

https://simpleflying.com/breeze-first-e ... %20Airways.

dabpit

Wed May 12, 2021 10:23 pm

Had a chance to get some more info. Over the next two months (June and July) Breeze will serve 16 destinations and all Flight Attendant training is being completed in Orlando but they are working on opening their own facility in Provo. Training is well underway at a number of their stations including PIT and CHS. There is an airport in Central Florida that is on the start-up list. GAT's former VP is part of Breeze's management team hence why GAT has at least 5 of their initial stations.
Carpe Diem

slcdeltarumd11

Wed May 12, 2021 10:49 pm

I know alot of anet is sadly rooting against breeze but the wheels are more then in motion by now. The airline is going to happen. Their timing really couldn't be any better. Domestic leisure demand will be sky high and the legacies are stuck with widebodies with limited long haul international, low business demand and other major issues for the foreseeable future. I really don't see the legacies fighting Breeze they will be on different routes and built for exactly the demand we will see. Breeze if they ever had a shot is the domestic lesiure boom that's about to happen

Wneast

Wed May 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Uh is breeze going to BUR they have a new airline announcement with multiple routes tomorrow at 9 I wouldn’t think they are going to the west coast yet right ?

nine4nine

Wed May 12, 2021 11:02 pm

Wneast wrote:
Uh is breeze going to BUR they have a new airline announcement with multiple routes tomorrow at 9 I wouldn’t think they are going to the west coast yet right ?

Or like Avelo they will have a separate West/East operation from the start.
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120

Wneast

Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Would for sure be interesting with avelo already going into BUR and WN there ?

sldispatcher

Wed May 12, 2021 11:11 pm

Wneast wrote:

Wouldn't that more likely be Avelo?

Wneast

Wed May 12, 2021 11:11 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Avelo is not a new airline key detail

nine4nine

Wed May 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Wneast wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Would for sure be interesting with avelo already going into BUR and WN there ?

Yea will be interesting for sure. One thing lacking at BUR are flights to the Midwest/Southeast so perhaps if it is BZ maybe their focus area on secondary unserved markets will be these types while Avelo focuses more on BUR-Western centric markets. Who knows....
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120

dabpit

Wed May 12, 2021 11:58 pm

Wneast wrote:

Where do you see they have an announcement planned?

More than likely it will be an Allegiant announcement.
Carpe Diem

alohashirts

Thu May 13, 2021 12:40 am

Looks like BZ is the new IATA code for Breeze. Let’s all
start using that when referring to the airline.

Wneast

Thu May 13, 2021 1:11 am

dabpit wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Where do you see they have an announcement planned?

More than likely it will be an Allegiant announcement.

It’s over in the Burbank thread

sprxUSA

Thu May 13, 2021 2:20 am

alohashirts wrote:
Looks like BZ is the new IATA code for Breeze. Let’s all
start using that when referring to the airline.

Or just keep using the full name. Who cares?
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

FlyingElvii

Thu May 13, 2021 3:10 am

flymco753 wrote:
I'll gamble with saying that MCO will be included in the initial announcement.

MCO may be a choice, but I am betting ORLANDO-MELBOURNE. Just makes sense to me based on what I am seeing. But, I could be totally wrong.

DeltaRules

Thu May 13, 2021 3:15 am

Didn't Neeleman have some sort of affinity for DAB or was that Dave Barger? I seem to remember B6's JFK-DAB being announced almost as a going-away present for one of the Daves.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

Scoots71

Thu May 13, 2021 3:16 am

dabpit wrote:
Had a chance to get some more info. Over the next two months (June and July) Breeze will serve 16 destinations and all Flight Attendant training is being completed in Orlando but they are working on opening their own facility in Provo. Training is well underway at a number of their stations including PIT and CHS. There is an airport in Central Florida that is on the start-up list. GAT's former VP is part of Breeze's management team hence why GAT has at least 5 of their initial stations.

Come on to BHM!

dabpit

Thu May 13, 2021 3:16 am

DeltaRules wrote:
Didn't Neeleman have some sort of affinity for DAB or was that Dave Barger? I seem to remember B6's JFK-DAB being announced almost as a going-away present for one of the Daves.

It was for Dave Barger
Carpe Diem

sfojvjets

Thu May 13, 2021 7:59 am

Wneast wrote:

Not for Breeze.
The BUR news is supposedly an F9 expansion.

nkops

Thu May 13, 2021 10:52 am

alohashirts wrote:

Aren't they going for routes with no direct competition? Pretty sure ISP-MCO/FLL , CMH-MCO and ALB-MCO are pretty much covered

I would go with maybe SFB, DAB or MLB over MCO if I understand their strategy
Turn left heading 080 contact departure

gsg013

Thu May 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Selfishly I would hope for MMU-BNA! that would suit me just fine

alohashirts

Thu May 13, 2021 4:42 pm

nkops wrote:
alohashirts wrote:

Aren't they going for routes with no direct competition? Pretty sure ISP-MCO/FLL , CMH-MCO and ALB-MCO are pretty much covered

I would go with maybe SFB, DAB or MLB over MCO if I understand their strategy

The way I look at it is why would BZ fly test flights into MCO only to serve DAB instead. MCO is better located to the main Orlando attractions as well. BZ said 80% of their potential routes will not have competition. There’s going to be some overlap and I think most of it will be from the first initial routes.

Ishrion

Thu May 13, 2021 4:48 pm

49 routes from 15 cities. PIT, BNA, MSY confirmed.

First route seems to be Tampa to Charleston, SC.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/ ... 1893584899

Personally, still expecting SAT-PIT/CHS.
Leaving the forums. You may know where to find me.

sldispatcher

Thu May 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Wneast wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Avelo is not a new airline key detail

Is F9 new to Burbank?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos