Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyingElvii

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 4:56 pm

alohashirts wrote:
nkops wrote:
alohashirts wrote:
My guesses would be ISP-ECP/MCO/FLL/SAV, CMH-MCO/FLL/SAV, ALB-MCO/FLL/ECP for the first initial release.

Aren't they going for routes with no direct competition? Pretty sure ISP-MCO/FLL , CMH-MCO and ALB-MCO are pretty much covered

I would go with maybe SFB, DAB or MLB over MCO if I understand their strategy

The way I look at it is why would BZ fly test flights into MCO only to serve DAB instead. MCO is better located to the main Orlando attractions as well. BZ said 80% of their potential routes will not have competition. There’s going to be some overlap and I think most of it will be from the first initial routes.

Who knows....
MLB opens up a lot of major city opportunities to the Northeast/ Midwest, and direct-to-beach is where the money is right now, without having to go head-to-head against Allegiant, Spirit, or Southwest.

With the already announced expansion, gates available right now, Already existing International clearance, beach access, easy access to Disney that will get even easier with Brightline/Virgin, and direct to cruises whenever that is allowed again, why wouldn’t you, especially less-than-daily?

BTVB6Flyer

Thu May 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Ishrion wrote:
49 routes from 15 cities. PIT, BNA, MSY confirmed.

First route seems to be Tampa to Charleston, SC.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/ ... 1893584899

Personally, still expecting SAT-PIT/CHS.

Still will be interesting to see how they find routes that don't have competition from these airports. TPA-CHS has Silver on it for example.

Wneast

Thu May 13, 2021 5:08 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
Wneast wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:

Wouldn't that more likely be Avelo?

Avelo is not a new airline key detail

Is F9 new to Burbank?

Yes

Ishrion

Thu May 13, 2021 5:18 pm

Ishrion wrote:

The users Breeze is following on Instagram actually matches with their cities.

- VisitPITTSBURGH
- Downtown Pittsburgh
- Visit New Orleans
- Nashville Tennessee (nashvilletn)
- Explorecharleston (Charleston SC official account)
- VISITFLORIDA

However, there's also Visit North Carolina and visitcalifornia.

Somewhat unrelated - Breeze follows Oneworld but not Star Alliance or SkyTeam :stirthepot:

sfojvjets

Thu May 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Ishrion wrote:

Hmm, that sounds interesting.... still waiting from my transcons and Hawaii service from MRY, LOL.

FlyingElvii

Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

- VisitPITTSBURGH
- Downtown Pittsburgh
- Visit New Orleans
- VISITFLORIDA

Somewhat unrelated - Breeze follows Oneworld but not Star Alliance or SkyTeam :stirthepot:

If they start Nashville, I will be sure to be on the Inaugural, or the one after.

DeltaRules

Thu May 13, 2021 6:59 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Still will be interesting to see how they find routes that don't have competition from these airports. TPA-CHS has Silver on it for example.

Again, how in the hell are any of these cities underserved?

TWA902fly

Thu May 13, 2021 7:02 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

I always took it to mean that the routes themselves were underserved, as opposed to the cities. Connecting city pairs where you would normally have to fly through a hub. Maybe I'm wrong and their marketing led us astray.

'902

maps4ltd

Thu May 13, 2021 7:07 pm

Rust Belt to Sun Belt? Allegiant's bread and butter.

Polot

Thu May 13, 2021 7:10 pm

TWA902fly wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

I always took it to mean that the routes themselves were underserved, as opposed to the cities. Connecting city pairs where you would normally have to fly through a hub. Maybe I'm wrong and their marketing led us astray.

'902

:checkmark: Breeze was never going to fly from middle of nowhere to middle of nowhere. The point is fly to where people want to go (eg Florida). The smaller aircraft/lower costs always meant Breeze was intending to serve thinner routes and secondary airports though. They want to use the convenience of the smaller airports (less crowds, closer to some people than main hub, less competition) as competitive edge.

FLYKTPA

Thu May 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Polot wrote:
TWA902fly wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

'902

:checkmark: Breeze was never going to fly from middle of nowhere to middle of nowhere. The point is fly to where people want to go (eg Florida). The smaller aircraft/lower costs always meant Breeze was intending to serve thinner routes and secondary airports though. They want to use the convenience of the smaller airports (less crowds, closer to some people than main hub, less competition) as competitive edge.

Exactly. I’m not sure why people think Breeze is gonna service markets like Lakeland (has zero air service) or Melbourne, Florida etc. They gotta fly to destinations with lots of demand. They aren’t gonna fly to some tiny airport up North no one knows exists to some random Florida airport with zero air service. It’s too risky. They don’t wanna be flying empty E190s around.

DeltaRules

Thu May 13, 2021 7:21 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
Rust Belt to Sun Belt? Allegiant's bread and butter.

So if you use the traditional definition of "Rust Belt", this narrows things down to Chicago area/Southern Michigan/Ohio/parts of Upstate New York to Florida/Georgia/South Carolina/Gulf Coast, then.

Is Breeze taking any money to start routes? Ohio announced a new $10M air service fund earlier this week and there are supposedly 5 routes from 4 cities they're currently working.

Midwestindy

Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
I’m not sure why people think Breeze is gonna service markets like Lakeland (has zero air service) or Melbourne, Florida etc.

People said that because thats what Breeze said it would do, there are dozens of articles about it.

FLYKTPA wrote:

They gotta fly to destinations with lots of demand. They aren’t gonna fly to some tiny airport up North no one knows exists to some random Florida airport with zero air service. It’s too risky. They don’t wanna be flying empty E190s around.

"Lots of demand" is a very relative term

flightsimer

Thu May 13, 2021 8:23 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Silver flies it on Monday and Fridays. The cheapest fare I see is $75 dollars in June.

If Breeze comes on and offers tickets at say 40/50/60 dollars for service that is flown 4 days a week like they said they would be flying and its JEt service vs Turboprop, who do you think is going to win that market?

FLYBY72

Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 pm

Finally, an announcement. Not from them but from Onemileatatime, and they were not nice!!!

https://onemileatatime.com/breeze-airways-routes/

I’ll be curious to see if Breeze lives up to its promise of being so nice, given how little the airline will pay both flight attendants and pilots.

gdavis003

Thu May 13, 2021 9:59 pm

With 15 cities to be announced and 5 already being announced, I believe that there’s a good shot for BHM to be included. BHM-PIT fits the model quite well

WaywardMemphian

Thu May 13, 2021 11:46 pm

Rooting for XNA- TPA/MSY/CHS

Lpbri

Fri May 14, 2021 12:19 am

Has Breeze announced any new routes yet?

ATLgaUSA

Fri May 14, 2021 12:46 am

gdavis003 wrote:
With 15 cities to be announced and 5 already being announced, I believe that there’s a good shot for BHM to be included. BHM-PIT fits the model quite well

BHM-PIT and BHM-MSY both fit.

CIDFlyer

Fri May 14, 2021 12:53 am

CHS to TPA hardly seems like rust belt to me. And CHS has silver to TPA already. So this route announcement seems a little underwhelming. Interested in seeing what else they announce. It also looks like they are going to serve Pittsburgh. Don’t they already have a lot of service through southwest, Allegiant and Spirit? Hoping to see see some cities like GRB, CID, MSN, PIA etc for example.

Ishrion

Fri May 14, 2021 1:02 am

Considering they announced growing cities like BNA/PIT/MSY, I feel like they could target Raleigh/Durham which aligns with them following the travel North Carolina account.

They could add routes like RDU-SAT/SAN, both of which are unserved. San Diego could fit with them following the travel California account.

PIT-SAN, if I'm not mistaken, is a huge unserved domestic route that has no nonstop.

FLYKTPA

Fri May 14, 2021 1:19 am

CIDFlyer wrote:
CHS to TPA hardly seems like rust belt to me. And CHS has silver to TPA already. So this route announcement seems a little underwhelming. Interested in seeing what else they announce. It also looks like they are going to serve Pittsburgh. Don’t they already have a lot of service through southwest, Allegiant and Spirit? Hoping to see see some cities like GRB, CID, MSN, PIA etc for example.

Don’t take everything so literally. If there’s an opportunity outside of rust belt to sun belt then Breeze is smart to take advantage. Silver is only 2x weekly on a turboprop on CHS-TPA. Certainly some potential for further market stimulation, it will also connect two of the airline’s bases.

norcarolinian

Fri May 14, 2021 1:30 am

Ishrion wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

- VisitPITTSBURGH
- Downtown Pittsburgh
- Visit New Orleans
- VISITFLORIDA

While Breeze does not follow any airport in North Carolina, I could find only one airport that follows Breeze and that is GSO. They also follow David Neeleman fwiw.

I think GSO would be the obvious choice for them in NC. Large metro, centrally located between RDU and CLT, mountains and beach. Underserved with lots of opportunities: GSO-BWI, PIT, MSY, BOS, TPA, CHS, CLE, etc.

FlyingElvii

Fri May 14, 2021 1:44 am

FLYKTPA wrote:
Polot wrote:
TWA902fly wrote:

'902

Exactly. I’m not sure why people think Breeze is gonna service markets like Lakeland (has zero air service) or Melbourne, Florida etc. They gotta fly to destinations with lots of demand. They aren’t gonna fly to some tiny airport up North no one knows exists to some random Florida airport with zero air service. It’s too risky. They don’t wanna be flying empty E190s around.

ISP-MLB, PIT-MLB,ALB-MLB, CLE-MLB, BWI-MLB aren't what you would call small markets?

FLYKTPA

Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
Polot wrote:

ISP-MLB, PIT-MLB,ALB-MLB, CLE-MLB, BWI-MLB aren't what you would call small markets?

There’s certainly potential for those, but why pick arguably risky and unproven routes like those when you can fly MCO-PIT or ISP-TPA and have a virtually guaranteed full flight? MLB isn’t exactly a thriving tourist destination or popular area to visit. Breeze is just starting out. They need to get revenue flowing in. Flying to well know destinations will help with that. I think everyone took the airlines strategy too literally. Will they be at JFK or LAX? Probably not, but MCO, FLL, PIT etc sounds to be it for them.

KBUF

Fri May 14, 2021 2:57 am

Needless to say, hoping for BUF service in some capacity. Fingers crossed!

Scoots71

Fri May 14, 2021 3:41 am

ATLgaUSA wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:

BHM-PIT and BHM-MSY both fit.

I'd take BHM-CHS too, but that's because I have family in Charleston...

BHM is optimally situated to be a huge focus. Criminally underserved market for its size.

Italianflyer

Fri May 14, 2021 3:56 am

What concerns me is this rush for leisure destinations is great, but what happens during the next economic downturn?

hiflyeras

Fri May 14, 2021 4:24 am

Lpbri wrote:
Has Breeze announced any new routes yet?

At this point I’ve pretty much lost interest.

PITFlyer330

Fri May 14, 2021 5:15 am

just made an account to say im SO excited for breeze to fly to KPIT! ill be on their inaugural for sure. praying for a nonstop to Panama city florida

joeblow10

Fri May 14, 2021 5:15 am

Italianflyer wrote:
What concerns me is this rush for leisure destinations is great, but what happens during the next economic downturn?

Which... probably isn’t far around the corner...

Scoots71

Fri May 14, 2021 1:41 pm

Italianflyer wrote:

That is when ULCC's would have a leg up for that market, because people would then look for the best deals. That is part of how Spirit, Allegiant, and Frontier thrived in the early 2010's, because the Big 4 at the time (US Airways included) could not compete for the leisure market on price.

izbtmnhd

Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Considering they announced growing cities like BNA/PIT/MSY, I feel like they could target Raleigh/Durham which aligns with them following the travel North Carolina account.

They could add routes like RDU-SAT/SAN, both of which are unserved. San Diego could fit with them following the travel California account.

PIT-SAN, if I'm not mistaken, is a huge unserved domestic route that has no nonstop.

Are you saying Pittsburgh is a growing city/metro? That's not correct.

Even MSY's growth is muted but the VFR aspect with Breeze makes total sense there.

PIT struggles maintaining LAX service, not sure if PIT-SAN is "huge" but it could be served down the road.

gsoflyer

Fri May 14, 2021 2:57 pm

norcarolinian wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

- VisitPITTSBURGH
- Downtown Pittsburgh
- Visit New Orleans
- VISITFLORIDA

While Breeze does not follow any airport in North Carolina, I could find only one airport that follows Breeze and that is GSO. They also follow David Neeleman fwiw.

I think GSO would be the obvious choice for them in NC. Large metro, centrally located between RDU and CLT, mountains and beach. Underserved with lots of opportunities: GSO-BWI, PIT, MSY, BOS, TPA, CHS, CLE, etc.

No way GSO is in it. Allegiant and Spirit have this Florida market saturated. And no way RDU/CLT people come over here, AVL is pulling from the Hickory area, best case or ROA and LYN areas which isn't enough.

No way, WN will be here sooner.

flyPIT

Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:

Are you saying Pittsburgh is a growing city/metro? That's not correct.

Even MSY's growth is muted but the VFR aspect with Breeze makes total sense there.

PIT struggles maintaining LAX service, not sure if PIT-SAN is "huge" but it could be served down the road.

You are certainly correct, Pittsburgh is not a growing region, population wise. Job growth is anemic as well. This has been exasperated by the fact PIT is in PA, and PA suffered some of the worst COVID restrictions in the nation. This is reflected in the employment stats and the fact PIT has fallen behind its peer cities in total passengers served.

Fortunately for PIT, Neeleman and Breeze are in it for the long haul and are looking beyond these near term issues. The fact remains there are plenty of unserved and underserved markets from PIT. PIT-BDL pdew was approx 100 when it was served by Transtates and their at risk AA flying. When they dropped their at risk flying the pdew fell to single digits. People just didn’t want to make a connecting flight. This is a perfect example how a nonstop stimulates demand. BDL, RIC, MKE, ECP,, AUS, SAT, MSY all unserved or underserved from PIT. SAN was last served by F9 with A321s in the off season yet managed good loads. Pricing power/yields would be much more favorable with an A220.

The VFR aspect is present in any city.

BTVB6Flyer

Fri May 14, 2021 4:24 pm

TPA with a subtle Breeze aircraft in their latest tweet...

https://twitter.com/FlyTPA/status/1393221744169730050

KCaviator

Fri May 14, 2021 4:34 pm

flightsimer wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
johnboy wrote:
I felt so bad that the Breeze discussion wasn’t on the first page where it *needs* to be, that I mused aloud whether all this talk about SDF being one of the opening stations was just all that. Talk.

I have feeling many of you will be disappointed when Breeze reveals its initial network, which will connect smaller cities to a major O&D city.

I have the exact opposite feeling. People will be quite surprised... T-36 Hours!

You’re late.

rj777

Fri May 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Am I missing something but what are the actual cities? All I'm seeing is mentioning one city.

PITFlyer330

Fri May 14, 2021 5:00 pm

rj777 wrote:
Am I missing something but what are the actual cities? All I'm seeing is mentioning one city.

no they have mentioned five of the fifteen first cities.

Tampa, Charleston, Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Nashville.

https://twitter.com/OneMileataTime/stat ... 89571?s=20

sfojvjets

Fri May 14, 2021 5:05 pm

rj777 wrote:

I think so far we concretely know of 5 cities: Tampa, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Charleston, and Nashville.

Tampa to Charleston is going to be the first route. No specific airport pairs were announced but BZ will more likely than not just fly TPA-CHS as opposed to any secondary airports in the vicinity.

heretothere

Fri May 14, 2021 6:17 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:

It’s not important in any way, and I’m prepared to be proven wrong, but is that not a 737? It’s an unusual angle, but the dual track overwing exits suggest 737-800 to me.

PITFlyer330

Fri May 14, 2021 6:28 pm

Pittsburgh didn’t get approved??? Nashville and New orleans too...

Tampa and Charleston are there but not PIT MSY BNA

Like 40 other airports got approved for breeze

https://twitter.com/IshrionA/status/139 ... 47938?s=20

flightsimer

Fri May 14, 2021 6:37 pm

PITFlyer330 wrote:

Ops Specs are universal between airlines in how they are written up and formatted (so a given chapter number is the same between every airline)... that tweet is nothing more than someone who doesn’t know about airline operations trying to make news...

If you look at the codes, only three Airports are listed as “R” and are the airports Breezed used to do proving runs from. Everything else are “A,F” which are alternates and/or Refueling Airports, which are all relatively concentrated around the ”R” Airports.
Last edited by flightsimer on Fri May 14, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flightsimer

Fri May 14, 2021 6:38 pm

heretothere wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

It’s not important in any way, and I’m prepared to be proven wrong, but is that not a 737? It’s an unusual angle, but the dual track overwing exits suggest 737-800 to me.

The APU is all you need to see. It’s definitely a 737

Scoots71

Fri May 14, 2021 6:39 pm

flightsimer wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

Ops Specs are universal between airlines in how they are written up and formatted (so a given chapter number is the same between every airline)... that tweet is nothing more than someone who doesn’t know about airline operations trying to make news...

If you look at the codes, only three Airports are listed as “R” and are the airports Breezed used to do proving runs from. Everything else are “A,F” which are alternates and/or Refueling Airports...

Once I saw MCN, first I did a double take, then said "That can't be right."

flightsimer

Fri May 14, 2021 6:47 pm

Scoots71 wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

If you look at the codes, only three Airports are listed as “R” and are the airports Breezed used to do proving runs from. Everything else are “A,F” which are alternates and/or Refueling Airports...

MCN has a huge Embraer Facility there where Ejets are stored and worked on for multiple airlines.

PITFlyer330

Fri May 14, 2021 6:53 pm

Oh thank God I overreacted and didnt read the other stuff thanks guys

Jerseyguy

Fri May 14, 2021 7:02 pm

Scoots71 wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

This is wierd though, we know that TPA CHS is the first route but CHS is listed as an Alternate not Regular service. Also Atlantic City is on there and NK has that pretty well locked up. There isnt much for year round population and AC is a regional tourist draw at that. Good airport if your going to Cape May but again pretty regional.

msycajun

Fri May 14, 2021 8:15 pm

flightsimer wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Silver flies it on Monday and Fridays. The cheapest fare I see is $75 dollars in June.

If Breeze comes on and offers tickets at say 40/50/60 dollars for service that is flown 4 days a week like they said they would be flying and its JEt service vs Turboprop, who do you think is going to win that market?

I just checked out of curiosity and it looks like they added a TPA-CHS on Wednesdays for the summer. Preemptive strike? The thing that Silver has going for it is the UA and B6 codeshares so you can connect on the days the non-stop isn't offered or in case of disruption.

airlinepeanuts

Fri May 14, 2021 10:39 pm

If they can do the west coast from HPN I think they'd print cash

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos