Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alohashirts

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 11:35 pm

airlinepeanuts wrote:
If they can do the west coast from HPN I think they'd print cash

Only if it’s HPN-LAX/SFO. There’s no way anything else would work and even that’s a stretch.

airlinepeanuts

Fri May 14, 2021 11:42 pm

alohashirts wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

Only if it’s HPN-LAX/SFO. There’s no way anything else would work and even that’s a stretch.

Yeah for sure.

izbtmnhd

Fri May 14, 2021 11:47 pm

flyPIT wrote:
izbtmnhd wrote:

Are you saying Pittsburgh is a growing city/metro? That's not correct.

Even MSY's growth is muted but the VFR aspect with Breeze makes total sense there.

PIT struggles maintaining LAX service, not sure if PIT-SAN is "huge" but it could be served down the road.

You are certainly correct, Pittsburgh is not a growing region, population wise. Job growth is anemic as well. This has been exasperated by the fact PIT is in PA, and PA suffered some of the worst COVID restrictions in the nation. This is reflected in the employment stats and the fact PIT has fallen behind its peer cities in total passengers served.

Fortunately for PIT, Neeleman and Breeze are in it for the long haul and are looking beyond these near term issues. The fact remains there are plenty of unserved and underserved markets from PIT. PIT-BDL pdew was approx 100 when it was served by Transtates and their at risk AA flying. When they dropped their at risk flying the pdew fell to single digits. People just didn’t want to make a connecting flight. This is a perfect example how a nonstop stimulates demand. BDL, RIC, MKE, ECP,, AUS, SAT, MSY all unserved or underserved from PIT. SAN was last served by F9 with A321s in the off season yet managed good loads. Pricing power/yields would be much more favorable with an A220.

The VFR aspect is present in any city.

I have no issue with Breeze staring PIT and am happy to see them fill underserved routes from there. Had an issue with the first poster saying PIT was growing like BNA and RDU. That’s not true and needed to be corrected.

There’s more VFR traffic to MSY than to places such as PIT or RDU. That’s not a slam on Pittsburgh or Raleigh, it’s just the state of tourism today.

AVLAirlineFreq

Fri May 14, 2021 11:52 pm

airlinepeanuts wrote:

With a 6500' foot runway I assume that would be a challenge, right?

AVLAirlineFreq

Fri May 14, 2021 11:56 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:

There’s more VFR traffic to MSY than to places such as PIT or RDU. That’s not a slam on Pittsburgh or Raleigh, it’s just the state of tourism today.

I'm not sure I understand this claim. I understand the tourism attraction of New Orleans, but why is VFR so much more?

flyPIT

Sat May 15, 2021 12:00 am

izbtmnhd wrote:

I think you are confusing leisure/vacation traffic with “Visiting Friends and Relatives”. Do people in New Orleans have more friends and relatives per capita than elsewhere?

If anything it is the rust belt cities such as PIT and CLE that had a good portion of their population move south that have a higher VFR aspect.

airlinepeanuts

Sat May 15, 2021 12:04 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

There are SNA-Hawaii flights and that's a smaller runway larger airplane

alohashirts

Sat May 15, 2021 12:16 am

Cool to see the potential airports BZ will fly to out east. As far as the western portion of the country goes, I think BZ will had airports at a slower pace. I think the first ones out west we’ll see are an LA area airport, either SLC or PVU (especially since their HQ are in the area), LAS, SAN, AZA or PHX, AUS, SAT, and a Dallas area airport.

WNflyer1523

Sat May 15, 2021 12:21 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

Not the only challenge there. NIMBY's wouldn't allow it :roll:

JoseSalazar

Sat May 15, 2021 12:34 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

Don’t think an A220 would have much trouble with it.

JoseSalazar

Sat May 15, 2021 12:35 am

WNflyer1523 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

How would NIMBYs prevent it?

WNflyer1523

Sat May 15, 2021 12:44 am

JoseSalazar wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

The NIMBY's at HPN are some of the worst in the country. They won't let the terminal expand to fit more people (not more flights, more people as the waiting area is very cramped), they have websites, groups etc. to stop expansion/more flights. The area surrounding HPN is some of the richest in the country, so they do everything in their power to stop expansion. In the past they've filed lawsuits, etc.

airlinepeanuts

Sat May 15, 2021 12:45 am

I think NIMBYS would like a non-stop west coast on a smaller jet. Who knows there though lots of $$$$$ and influence.

JoseSalazar

Sat May 15, 2021 12:58 am

WNflyer1523 wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:

The NIMBY's at HPN are some of the worst in the country. They won't let the terminal expand to fit more people (not more flights, more people as the waiting area is very cramped), they have websites, groups etc. to stop expansion/more flights. The area surrounding HPN is some of the richest in the country, so they do everything in their power to stop expansion. In the past they've filed lawsuits, etc.

I’m very familiar with HPN, I just don’t think NIMBYs can prevent where a flight goes if Breeze ends up at HPN. In fact, the NIMBYs might like the addition of a quiet A220 if it was sold as new, nice, eco friendly and quiet service to the west coast, quieter and more eco friendly than CRJ/E190/320/Biz jets that currently fly there. That said, back to the original point, I think B6 A220 service from HPN to LAX/SFO is a lot more likely than breeze. Or at least I hope so.

WNflyer1523

Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 am

JoseSalazar wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:

I’m very familiar with HPN, I just don’t think NIMBYs can prevent where a flight goes if Breeze ends up at HPN. In fact, the NIMBYs might like the addition of a quiet A220 if it was sold as new, nice, eco friendly and quiet service to the west coast, quieter and more eco friendly than CRJ/E190/320/Biz jets that currently fly there. That said, back to the original point, I think B6 A220 service from HPN to LAX/SFO is a lot more likely than breeze. Or at least I hope so.

I hope you're right. I think that would be great flight, and if it was marketed as quieter and eco-friendly like you said it might have a chance of success with them. Like others have said the flight would make big bucks

airlineworker

Sat May 15, 2021 2:58 am

These cities are far from being classified as underserved. I think DL will respond very quickly as many are southern cities.

FLYKTPA

Sat May 15, 2021 3:45 am

airlineworker wrote:
These cities are far from being classified as underserved. I think DL will respond very quickly as many are southern cities.

Yes, arguably not classified as underserved overall as a market, but there’s loads of potential routes from each with no nonstop competition.

You really think DL will care if Breeze adds GSO-MCO? Or CAE-RSW? I can’t see why they would.

joeblow10

Sat May 15, 2021 4:19 am

FLYKTPA wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

Yes, arguably not classified as underserved overall as a market, but there’s loads of potential routes from each with no nonstop competition.

You really think DL will care if Breeze adds GSO-MCO? Or CAE-RSW? I can’t see why they would.

It’s tough to say... ATL is the primordial fortress connecting the SE and SE to Florida... I could see DL seeing Breeze as somewhat of a longer term threat to that strategy if they get a foothold.

It also seems like Breeze is going to be adding more than just routes to Florida - BNA and MSY seem to be in the mix. Again, all could be seen as long term threats to that SE connection strategy.

As far as DLs response though? Basically couldn’t see them doing anything other than upgauging equipment into places like CAE and GSO. And of course... low low fares

DashTrash

Sat May 15, 2021 5:24 am

airlinepeanuts wrote:
I think NIMBYS would like a non-stop west coast on a smaller jet. Who knows there though lots of $$$$$ and influence.

They already have it. The difference is the smaller jet leaves when they want it to and they’re the only passengers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blerg

Sat May 15, 2021 7:00 am

We have the first route, I wonder when we might see the date of the launch. Personally I think this will be fun to watch. I hope they keep on expanding west, especially into markets like Texas. Will be interesting to see if they stay away from markets where B6 dominates.

Lilj4425

Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am

Charleston and Tampa underserved? Lol. Suuuure. They need to go to places in the southeast that are truly underserved like Knoxville, Chattanooga, Greenville-Spartanburg, Columbia, Augusta, Greensboro, Birmingham, Mobile, Tallahassee, and Huntsville.

FLYKTPA

Sat May 15, 2021 11:53 am

Lilj4425 wrote:
Charleston and Tampa underserved? Lol. Suuuure. They need to go to places in the southeast that are truly underserved like Knoxville, Chattanooga, Greenville-Spartanburg, Columbia, Augusta, Greensboro, Birmingham, Mobile, Tallahassee, and Huntsville.

CHS-TPA is only 2x weekly on an ATR. Qualifies as underserved to me. CHS is also a Breeze base along with TPA, so connecting the bases. Give Breeze a chance people lol. They can’t be everything to we everyone yet.

VirginFlyer

Sat May 15, 2021 12:09 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
They can’t be everything to we everyone yet.

With no routes announced officially despite plenty of hints, they can’t really be anything to anyone at the moment.

V/F

ChrisNH38

Sat May 15, 2021 12:38 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

With no routes announced officially despite plenty of hints, they can’t really be anything to anyone at the moment.

V/F

Does Breeze have a PR firm? It seems like the legs are being chopped out from under them with all the 'unofficial' chatter.

OzarkD9S

Sat May 15, 2021 1:09 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:

Does Breeze have a PR firm? It seems like the legs are being chopped out from under them with all the 'unofficial' chatter.

A-net is their PR firm. Is anyone getting paid?

Lilj4425

Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

Delta Airlines is their PR firm. :D

Bluegrass60

Sat May 15, 2021 1:22 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

"of course they care....Dl like all carriers lost historic amounts of money in 2020.....they care for every dollar....particularly $ not connecting in ATL. That said....DL is not likely to do much but match fares"

Midwestindy

Sat May 15, 2021 1:25 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

V/F

OzarkD9S wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

Lol, really not sure what all the hype & speculation is about, these flights are a couple times a week, and most airports will only get maybe a few routes to begin with.

This thread has 17 pages, and they haven't even sold any tickets yet. Avelo didn't get nearly this much attention, but I guess Neeleman is just more well known than Levy.....

Bluegrass60

Sat May 15, 2021 1:25 pm

Lilj4425 wrote:

"would add (on a selective or general basis): SDF, MEM, LEX, TRI, RIC, ORF

southsky

Sat May 15, 2021 2:09 pm

Lilj4425 wrote:

And several of these have several GAT open positions for hire. We “know” that GAT has contracts for some locations for an unknown airline.

AVLAirlineFreq

Sat May 15, 2021 2:11 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

Post of the week material right there.

Blueknows

Sat May 15, 2021 2:32 pm

Wonder if they push DAB,PIE(st Pete airport),PGD(punta gorda). They could really take DAB to another level. Every other dl/aa/ua always start then stop, and DAB is willing to pony up cash for the right airline. With the e190 you could do east coast short haul.

Planeboy17

Sat May 15, 2021 3:47 pm

hiflyeras wrote:
Lpbri wrote:
Has Breeze announced any new routes yet?

At this point I’ve pretty much lost interest.

Apparently not since you looked at this thread and even made a reply. Strange way of showing lost interest.

DeltaRules

Sat May 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Lilj4425 wrote:

"would add (on a selective or general basis): SDF, MEM, LEX, TRI, RIC, ORF

I still think this airline and business plan screams DAY.

lightsaber

Sat May 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Just to be clear, Breeze has an air carrier certificate.

https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/f ... 58.article

Lightsaber

spinkid

Sat May 15, 2021 11:32 pm

The NIMBY's at HPN are some of the worst in the country. They won't let the terminal expand to fit more people (not more flights, more people as the waiting area is very cramped), they have websites, groups etc. to stop expansion/more flights. The area surrounding HPN is some of the richest in the country, so they do everything in their power to stop expansion. In the past they've filed lawsuits, etc.[/quote]

I’m very familiar with HPN, I just don’t think NIMBYs can prevent where a flight goes if Breeze ends up at HPN. In fact, the NIMBYs might like the addition of a quiet A220 if it was sold as new, nice, eco friendly and quiet service to the west coast, quieter and more eco friendly than CRJ/E190/320/Biz jets that currently fly there. That said, back to the original point, I think B6 A220 service from HPN to LAX/SFO is a lot more likely than breeze. Or at least I hope so.[/quote]

You are quite right about HPN, I'm also very familiar. I will use SWF, HPN, or BDL (less preferred) over LGA , JFK or EWR whenever possible. The NIMBY's here will not allow runway expansion. They have always opposed bigger jets. It is one of the reasons WN dumped it during the Air Tran takeover as AT used 717's. The guiding rule at WN is a cap on passengers that can depart every 30 minutes. It is 240 arrivals and departures. They have 4 gates and a midnight to 6am Curfew. The last article I could find they tried to tweak the rules, but no further updates, and I haven't seen any expansions.
This link explains it pretty well.
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/invest ... /82631862/

I could see SFO/LAX and even LAS , seasonal to DEN but I'm not sur ewhat hours of the day they could squeeze these flights in. They have some pretty heavy short range service to all of the hubs that belong to Majors, then later morning B6 has numerous Florida flights. I'm sure there is time somewhere in the day a few days a week. If they do go there, I'd expect Florida cities. The part of the country EVERYONE has friends or family there, scattered on both coasts now, so I can see them flying into DAB, PIE, SFB, St. Augustine. B6 covers MCO, FLL, TPA

airlineworker

Sun May 16, 2021 12:04 am

I think some are expecting too much from a new airline. Catchy name but slow on the info dispensing. Frontier, Allegiant and others are in a position to invade most routes. So far I am not impressed with the Breeze business model.

Lilj4425

Sun May 16, 2021 1:59 am

airlineworker wrote:
I think some are expecting too much from a new airline. Catchy name but slow on the info dispensing. Frontier, Allegiant and others are in a position to invade most routes. So far I am not impressed with the Breeze business model.

Invade? Lol. Frontier came and went so fast out of GSP that I don’t even remember them being here in the first place.

rj777

Sun May 16, 2021 3:29 am

If Breeze starts service to either OMA or MKE, I'll give them a try

alohashirts

Sun May 16, 2021 5:46 am

Another week gone by, still nothing announced. So much for them wanting to fly around Memorial Day.

JoseSalazar

Sun May 16, 2021 6:02 am

alohashirts wrote:
Another week gone by, still nothing announced. So much for them wanting to fly around Memorial Day.

Oh ye of little faith.

lesfalls

Sun May 16, 2021 3:10 pm

spinkid wrote:

You are quite right about HPN, I'm also very familiar. I will use SWF, HPN, or BDL (less preferred) over LGA , JFK or EWR whenever possible. The NIMBY's here will not allow runway expansion. They have always opposed bigger jets. It is one of the reasons WN dumped it during the Air Tran takeover as AT used 717's. The guiding rule at WN is a cap on passengers that can depart every 30 minutes. It is 240 arrivals and departures. They have 4 gates and a midnight to 6am Curfew. The last article I could find they tried to tweak the rules, but no further updates, and I haven't seen any expansions.
This link explains it pretty well.
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/invest ... /82631862/

I could see SFO/LAX and even LAS , seasonal to DEN but I'm not sur ewhat hours of the day they could squeeze these flights in. They have some pretty heavy short range service to all of the hubs that belong to Majors, then later morning B6 has numerous Florida flights. I'm sure there is time somewhere in the day a few days a week. If they do go there, I'd expect Florida cities. The part of the country EVERYONE has friends or family there, scattered on both coasts now, so I can see them flying into DAB, PIE, SFB, St. Augustine. B6 covers MCO, FLL, TPA[/quote]

Speaking of long distance flights from HPN, Norwegian wanted to serve it over SWF, but due to the rules and short runway they couldn’t.

lightsaber

Sun May 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Please do not post to competing websites. This is your warning.

mercure1

Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 pm

alohashirts wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

Based on my own analysis the MRTW from HPN at 25C is about 143,000lbs.
That yields a still air distance of 2300nm w/ normal IFR reserves.
Once you account for winds, that likely removes HPN-SFO from the list unless one is willing to accept steep payload restrictions.

airlinepeanuts

Sun May 16, 2021 6:54 pm

mercure1 wrote:
alohashirts wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

Once you account for winds, that likely removes HPN-SFO from the list unless one is willing to accept steep payload restrictions.

What's the MTOW on a BZ A220?

DLASFlyer

Sun May 16, 2021 7:03 pm

alohashirts wrote:

They just got their AOC. Today is a Sunday. I’m hoping for an announcement of service start tomorrow or Tuesday.

mercure1

Sun May 16, 2021 7:12 pm

airlinepeanuts wrote:
mercure1 wrote:
alohashirts wrote:

What's the MTOW on a BZ A220?

roughly 154,000lbs or 69.9 metric tons. To achieve full MTOW you need roughly a 7500ft runway at 25C at SL, assuming no crazy rwy slope or close-in obstacle issues.

jmc1975

Sun May 16, 2021 7:57 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Please do not post to competing websites. This is your warning.

What is an example of a competing website?

N965UW

Sun May 16, 2021 9:20 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:

Having dealt with HPN NIMBYs over the years, I'd add that they have no idea how aviation works. You can market the A220 as a quieter, eco-friendly solution, but when they hear that those flights are going to LAX they'll be up in arms whining about the "extra thrust needed to go that far" or "Airbus = big and noisy airplane." The terminal capacity limit will continue to be an issue for airlines, but meanwhile the bizjets operate unhindered. There's a fear around here that HPN will become "LaGuardia North," which means airlines are public enemy no. 1 even though bizjets can be just as big and loud.

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

There was a thread on here a few months ago where a B6 pilot said he's had to TOGA A320s from HPN to Florida on hot days. I'd imagine the A220 would perform a lot better though, especially when it isn't 90 degrees out.

*Edited to correct spelling*

Jerseyguy

Mon May 17, 2021 2:43 am

N965UW wrote:
Having dealt with HPN NIMBYs over the years, I'd add that they have no idea how aviation works. You can market the A220 as a quieter, eco-friendly solution, but when they hear that those flights are going to LAX they'll be up in arms whining about the "extra thrust needed to go that far" or "Airbus = big and noisy airplane." The terminal capacity limit will continue to be an issue for airlines, but meanwhile the bizjets operate unhindered. There's a fear around here that HPN will become "LaGuardia North," which means airlines are public enemy no. 1 even though bizjets can be just as big and loud.

Is there a NIMBY handbook or something, because my local Trenton (TTN) Nimby's compare it to LaGuardia South. LOL. The proposal is for a terminal with 4 gates at TTN, should I have them come on here and explain to everybody the secret of how they can operate out of 4 gates the flights LGA does with 86?? I knew the port authority was a bit bloated and wasteful but that would be amazing.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos