Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
JoseSalazar
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 4:11 pm

aviationjunky wrote:
Do we expect to see some western expansion? Would love to see them in LAS, but we're oversaturated with ULCC/LCC. Good luck to them!


Plenty of west coast planned.
 
Wneast
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 4:12 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
aviationjunky wrote:
Do we expect to see some western expansion? Would love to see them in LAS, but we're oversaturated with ULCC/LCC. Good luck to them!


Plenty of west coast planned.

Dreaming of MCO to GEG and more east coast routes from here it would be perfect opportunity
 
ATLgaUSA
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:58 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 4:20 pm

Looks to me like the logical next cities in the SE would be TYS, MEM, BHM, GSO, GSP, RDU (perhaps, its pretty well served) and LIT, though lord knows, I've not been good at the Breeze guessing game.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22695
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 4:40 pm

Please do not discuss other users.
 
NolaMD88fan
Posts: 1669
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Breeze will be operating out of concourse A at MSY. 8 routes, and hopefully more down the road for MSY.
Last edited by NolaMD88fan on Fri May 21, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
jetmatt777
Posts: 4687
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 4:46 pm

seat1a wrote:
OKC-TPA ... last time that was done was when Braniff was in business.


Frontier tried it back in 2010 on Republic E190. Along with MCO.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22695
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 4:59 pm

airlinepeanuts wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:

IMO, that is unacceptable. Reminds me of the disaster that was Skybus.

There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


The boomers who refuse to use technology and need to take out their unwarranted anger on a person don’t like apps.

The wait to talk to a person can be rediculous at most airlines. Aiming for minimum calls is a tremendous cost savings. This will stop tech savy people from doing the lazy path.

I just booked tickets on another airline and I found it frustrating as for some reason I had to do my credit before finding my flights. Why? Every other business it can be done at either part of the transaction because they want to show a refund is the same as fresh cash (think Amazon).

I really hope we finally have a great airline app. An app should never be more frustrating than buying say custom engraved trophies off Amazon.

Also, make ancillary sales easier. My rental car purchase took many more clicks. e.g., I clicked a large car (for a family). It put me on site for a glorified golf cart that couldn't carry my luggage, much less everyone. I had to bypass the preferred rental car company to get value. Seriously?

I want an easy app. People book airlines, hotels, and rental cars, generally I believe in that order. bWhy isn't there a great app for a trip?

I have two kids and say 9 days. I would love to/from airport, to resorts (or a cruise), with age appropriate suggestions.

/rant.

The current apps are too much interface for the airline. Let me put in total budget and plus up the sale. I haven't yet seen the Breeze app, I can only hope it is really a step up. Right now too many other sales apps run circles around airline apps (Amazon, about 10% of restaurant apps).

I have stopped using my favorite restaurant's app because it is that bad (I call an they must realize how bad their app is as they hired two people to answer phones that shouldn't be needed). I am ordering more from another because it is so easy to get a reasonable priced meal on the table. Make the airline app the later.

I've uninstalled many apps that weren't worth learning. I rarely look at the apps of my two favorite airlines as they are so clunky, they are only useful day of flight. Sell to me! I want to travel!

The goal is low costs and happy customers. The app will make or break Breeze.

Lightsaber
 
airlinepeanuts
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:05 pm

lightsaber wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


The boomers who refuse to use technology and need to take out their unwarranted anger on a person don’t like apps.

The wait to talk to a person can be rediculous at most airlines. Aiming for minimum calls is a tremendous cost savings. This will stop tech savy people from doing the lazy path.

I just booked tickets on another airline and I found it frustrating as for some reason I had to do my credit before finding my flights. Why? Every other business it can be done at either part of the transaction because they want to show a refund is the same as fresh cash (think Amazon).

I really hope we finally have a great airline app. An app should never be more frustrating than buying say custom engraved trophies off Amazon.

Also, make ancillary sales easier. My rental car purchase took many more clicks. e.g., I clicked a large car (for a family). It put me on site for a glorified golf cart that couldn't carry my luggage, much less everyone. I had to bypass the preferred rental car company to get value. Seriously?

I want an easy app. People book airlines, hotels, and rental cars, generally I believe in that order. bWhy isn't there a great app for a trip?

I have two kids and say 9 days. I would love to/from airport, to resorts (or a cruise), with age appropriate suggestions.

/rant.

The current apps are too much interface for the airline. Let me put in total budget and plus up the sale. I haven't yet seen the Breeze app, I can only hope it is really a step up. Right now too many other sales apps run circles around airline apps (Amazon, about 10% of restaurant apps).

I have stopped using my favorite restaurant's app because it is that bad (I call an they must realize how bad their app is as they hired two people to answer phones that shouldn't be needed). I am ordering more from another because it is so easy to get a reasonable priced meal on the table. Make the airline app the later.

I've uninstalled many apps that weren't worth learning. I rarely look at the apps of my two favorite airlines as they are so clunky, they are only useful day of flight. Sell to me! I want to travel!

The goal is low costs and happy customers. The app will make or break Breeze.

Lightsaber


I'd love Google Flights or Amazon to have an app where I put in my budget and my destination preferences and my departure city and it finds cool flights. I doubt it'll happen but if Amazon ever gets into passenger airline service, I feel like they'd be the winners.
 
User avatar
sunking737
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:12 pm

While we don't travel very much. All my bookings, air, hotel, car have been online without talking to someone. I'm a Boomer'
 
Scoots71
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:18 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Sctvman wrote:
Really the only city that I don’t feel will do well here [at CHS] is HSV.


At first glance HSV-CHS seems like an odd route. There is however a very large aerospace industry cluster in both cities. Boeing alone employs thousands in each. Perhaps this is the connection Breeze is eyeing? Just a guess.


Which is ironic given that they will only be using E190s and A220s.
 
jb1087xna
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:22 pm

Pleasantly surprised to see XNA get some love. I think TPA and MSY will do okay, in that order. SAT seems a bit odd but that's just me. Those are purely gut-feelings and having lived in the area for 10+ years and not founded in any passenger numbers. I don't think many would argue our area is underserved from a destination perspective (especially in non-covid times) but fares are none too pretty, which I suppose leaves some room. G4 seems to be thriving here; F9 has been somewhat stagnant though.
I wonder if they'll have to share the common use B gates though F9 essentially has one all to themselves which is silly. XNA should make AA consolidate...I think they're squatting on five different gates.

WaywardMemphian wrote:
I think 4x is excessive on lots of these including my beloved XNA


I worry for that frequency as well.
 
luv2cattlecall
Posts: 852
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:25 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:27 pm

lightsaber wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


The boomers who refuse to use technology and need to take out their unwarranted anger on a person don’t like apps.

The wait to talk to a person can be rediculous at most airlines. Aiming for minimum calls is a tremendous cost savings. This will stop tech savy people from doing the lazy path.

I just booked tickets on another airline and I found it frustrating as for some reason I had to do my credit before finding my flights. Why? Every other business it can be done at either part of the transaction because they want to show a refund is the same as fresh cash (think Amazon).

I really hope we finally have a great airline app. An app should never be more frustrating than buying say custom engraved trophies off Amazon.

Also, make ancillary sales easier. My rental car purchase took many more clicks. e.g., I clicked a large car (for a family). It put me on site for a glorified golf cart that couldn't carry my luggage, much less everyone. I had to bypass the preferred rental car company to get value. Seriously?

I want an easy app. People book airlines, hotels, and rental cars, generally I believe in that order. bWhy isn't there a great app for a trip?

I have two kids and say 9 days. I would love to/from airport, to resorts (or a cruise), with age appropriate suggestions.

/rant.

The current apps are too much interface for the airline. Let me put in total budget and plus up the sale. I haven't yet seen the Breeze app, I can only hope it is really a step up. Right now too many other sales apps run circles around airline apps (Amazon, about 10% of restaurant apps).

I have stopped using my favorite restaurant's app because it is that bad (I call an they must realize how bad their app is as they hired two people to answer phones that shouldn't be needed). I am ordering more from another because it is so easy to get a reasonable priced meal on the table. Make the airline app the later.

I've uninstalled many apps that weren't worth learning. I rarely look at the apps of my two favorite airlines as they are so clunky, they are only useful day of flight. Sell to me! I want to travel!

The goal is low costs and happy customers. The app will make or break Breeze.

Lightsaber



I just tried to basic flight booking and modification functions on the Breeze Android app, and it's really been a much nicer experience than any other airline app, by car. Tiny teething pains a few times that I'm sure will get patched out, but if that's my only issue with it, it speaks volumes.

The only "chat" type option I saw was via facebook messenger, and the replies were a little delayed, but I'm guessing that was due to it being the first hour or two of sales. But the quality of the support felt leaps and bounds over F9's phoneline, where it frankly feels as though most of the reps have never been on a plane before, so they have a hard time with context.

It'll be interesting to see how the pitch in the "Nice" section of the E190s feels. My one "worry" would be that if someone's first experience is in the back of a ejet, with no wifi or IFE, that they might not appreciate how nice the A220s are inside (and thus pick Breeze over other options based on product).
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:30 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
"We currently do not support phone calls as a means of communication."

We'll see how that goes.

Likely fine, until the first big IROP, when people want answers, right frikken now.

Remember, this is what killed Skybus.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:33 pm

evank516 wrote:
dabpit wrote:
Lilj4425 wrote:

No Islip either.

I am a little surprised Islip. According to the Airways article, more announcements will be staggered through July.


I'm pretty surprised there's no Islip too. This has to be coming.

Also surprised they're using major airports as bases. I would have thought they would be more secondary airport focused.

It sounds as if much of the speculation was meant as a distraction, to prevent competitive adds like what happened to Avelo.

Not sure what I think about going up on "traditional" WN routes, even if they aren't flying them at the moment, will be easy adds.
 
CitrusCritter
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:36 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:33 pm

jb1087xna wrote:
Pleasantly surprised to see XNA get some love. I think TPA and MSY will do okay, in that order. SAT seems a bit odd but that's just me. Those are purely gut-feelings and having lived in the area for 10+ years and not founded in any passenger numbers. I don't think many would argue our area is underserved from a destination perspective (especially in non-covid times) but fares are none too pretty, which I suppose leaves some room. G4 seems to be thriving here; F9 has been somewhat stagnant though.
I wonder if they'll have to share the common use B gates though F9 essentially has one all to themselves which is silly. XNA should make AA consolidate...I think they're squatting on five different gates.

WaywardMemphian wrote:
I think 4x is excessive on lots of these including my beloved XNA


I worry for that frequency as well.


I didn't think G4's XNA-BNA was going to last, but it seems to be doing very well. Affordable fares get a lot of people to travel to places they might not otherwise consider. The problem at XNA isn't a lack of service but the price point. Folks still drive to TUL and LIT to avoid the premium fares designed to profit off Walmart, Tyson, JB Hunt, and their vendors. I really think F9 could do better at XNA by offering more regular service and more destinations than just Denver a few times a week. But I am very excited to see Breeze here and hope they will be successful. We may jump on the SAT or MSY flight sooner rather than later. What I'll hold out hope for is ATL or alternative.
 
cmhswa
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Just got CMH-MSY inaugural for $78 RT. Comparable routes on legacy that weekend were $400+. Could easily see this working well if they get some advertising here. CMH-TPA and MSY are usually ridiculously priced. Don't see the demand for CMH-BDL but it hasn't been done since Skybus.
 
CMHtraveler
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:40 pm

FLYBY72 wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
"We currently do not support phone calls as a means of communication."

We'll see how that goes.


Once the hype dies down and the aircrews Unionize we will see how this is really going to go down.


:checkmark: and this will happen quickly, given how poorly they will be treated.

Remember when Skybus tried to pay their employees 1/3 less than the rest of the industry? Pilots had already filed for (and were going to win based on number of signatures) a union when they went belly up less than a year in.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:44 pm

CitrusCritter wrote:
jb1087xna wrote:
Pleasantly surprised to see XNA get some love. I think TPA and MSY will do okay, in that order. SAT seems a bit odd but that's just me. Those are purely gut-feelings and having lived in the area for 10+ years and not founded in any passenger numbers. I don't think many would argue our area is underserved from a destination perspective (especially in non-covid times) but fares are none too pretty, which I suppose leaves some room. G4 seems to be thriving here; F9 has been somewhat stagnant though.
I wonder if they'll have to share the common use B gates though F9 essentially has one all to themselves which is silly. XNA should make AA consolidate...I think they're squatting on five different gates.

WaywardMemphian wrote:
I think 4x is excessive on lots of these including my beloved XNA


I worry for that frequency as well.


I didn't think G4's XNA-BNA was going to last, but it seems to be doing very well. Affordable fares get a lot of people to travel to places they might not otherwise consider. The problem at XNA isn't a lack of service but the price point. Folks still drive to TUL and LIT to avoid the premium fares designed to profit off Walmart, Tyson, JB Hunt, and their vendors. I really think F9 could do better at XNA by offering more regular service and more destinations than just Denver a few times a week. But I am very excited to see Breeze here and hope they will be successful. We may jump on the SAT or MSY flight sooner rather than later. What I'll hold out hope for is ATL or alternative.



XNA to FLL and TYS would do well for a LCC. Breeze on XNA/MCO would do great damage to Allegiant's SFB service.
I feel there's room for an LCC to the Salt Lake area, Boston area, Seattle area and So California area, all perfect for the A223s.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 5:48 pm

CitrusCritter wrote:
jb1087xna wrote:
Pleasantly surprised to see XNA get some love. I think TPA and MSY will do okay, in that order. SAT seems a bit odd but that's just me. Those are purely gut-feelings and having lived in the area for 10+ years and not founded in any passenger numbers. I don't think many would argue our area is underserved from a destination perspective (especially in non-covid times) but fares are none too pretty, which I suppose leaves some room. G4 seems to be thriving here; F9 has been somewhat stagnant though.
I wonder if they'll have to share the common use B gates though F9 essentially has one all to themselves which is silly. XNA should make AA consolidate...I think they're squatting on five different gates.

WaywardMemphian wrote:
I think 4x is excessive on lots of these including my beloved XNA


I worry for that frequency as well.


I didn't think G4's XNA-BNA was going to last, but it seems to be doing very well. Affordable fares get a lot of people to travel to places they might not otherwise consider. The problem at XNA isn't a lack of service but the price point. Folks still drive to TUL and LIT to avoid the premium fares designed to profit off Walmart, Tyson, JB Hunt, and their vendors. I really think F9 could do better at XNA by offering more regular service and more destinations than just Denver a few times a week. But I am very excited to see Breeze here and hope they will be successful. We may jump on the SAT or MSY flight sooner rather than later. What I'll hold out hope for is ATL or alternative.



XNA to FLL and TYS would do well for a LCC. Breeze on XNA/MCO would do great damage to Allegiant's SFB service.
I feel there's room for an LCC to the Salt Lake area, Boston area, Seattle area and more So California coverage. All perfect for the A223s.
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 5273
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 6:01 pm

flightsimer wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
"We currently do not support phone calls as a means of communication."

We'll see how that goes.


IMO, that is unacceptable. Reminds me of the disaster that was Skybus.

There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


15% of US adults do not own a smartphone.
39% of US adults over 65 years old do not own a smartphone

Every company has to decide which demographics it wants to focus on.

By relying only on apps and chat functions but no voice customer service Breeze is saying it is not interested in a large percentage of the retiree market. But that is a large percentage of a demographic with disposable income for leisure travel.
Last edited by FATFlyer on Fri May 21, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5391
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 6:08 pm

cmhswa wrote:
Just got CMH-MSY inaugural for $78 RT. Comparable routes on legacy that weekend were $400+. Could easily see this working well if they get some advertising here. CMH-TPA and MSY are usually ridiculously priced. Don't see the demand for CMH-BDL but it hasn't been done since Skybus.


It's long been my understanding that CMH-BDL used to be driven by the insurance industry. IIRC, it was 2-3x daily during the HP hub and DL focus city days on ERJs.
 
sparky35805
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:27 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 6:36 pm

I think that MSY will be ok from HSV due to NASA traffic going to the Mississippi test facility at Picayune.CHS has Boeing as does HSV.TPA is leisure.I think MSY will do best.With that said,Im shocked that they are coming here.
 
sagechan
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 6:39 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:

IMO, that is unacceptable. Reminds me of the disaster that was Skybus.

There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


15% of US adults do not own a smartphone.
39% of US adults over 65 years old do not own a smartphone

Every company has to decide which demographics it wants to focus on.

By relying only on apps and chat functions but no voice customer service Breeze is saying it is not interested in a large percentage of the retiree market. But that is a large percentage of a demographic with disposable income for leisure travel.


Your point is valid, but the actual % of each category that is also a potential customer is much smaller, vast majority of no-smartphone demographic is either very low income or has access via another method or family. I figure Breeze can loose a non-zero number of flyers for this, but it'll be small. I assume at airport purchases will be an option as well.
 
alohashirts
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 6:48 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:

IMO, that is unacceptable. Reminds me of the disaster that was Skybus.

There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


15% of US adults do not own a smartphone.
39% of US adults over 65 years old do not own a smartphone

Every company has to decide which demographics it wants to focus on.

By relying only on apps and chat functions but no voice customer service Breeze is saying it is not interested in a large percentage of the retiree market. But that is a large percentage of a demographic with disposable income for leisure travel.

The retiree/older demographic market you mention can use their website to print off boarding passes, I would assume. 99% of times when people call into an airline reservation number, the reason of the call can be handled and completed online or the app. It’s blunt but a lot of people are too lazy or dumb to try it on their own.
 
airplaneboy
Posts: 798
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Does anyone know the frequency of the initial routes off hand?
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 6:56 pm

alohashirts wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


15% of US adults do not own a smartphone.
39% of US adults over 65 years old do not own a smartphone

Every company has to decide which demographics it wants to focus on.

By relying only on apps and chat functions but no voice customer service Breeze is saying it is not interested in a large percentage of the retiree market. But that is a large percentage of a demographic with disposable income for leisure travel.

The retiree/older demographic market you mention can use their website to print off boarding passes, I would assume. 99% of times when people call into an airline reservation number, the reason of the call can be handled and completed online or the app. It’s blunt but a lot of people are too lazy or dumb to try it on their own.

Not true, rather rude of an assessment and shows you haven’t had to handle calls people make to airlines. For the majority of call it is because the options to do what is needed is not available on an airline website, irregular operations (this is a big one), adding a pet in cabin, payment issues, name changes, general questions not easily found on a website, and passengers with ADA inquiries that would require talking to the airline.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1923
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 7:01 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
"We currently do not support phone calls as a means of communication."

We'll see how that goes.

Likely fine, until the first big IROP, when people want answers, right frikken now.

Remember, this is what killed Skybus.

Agree with your first sentence, disagree with your second. What killed Skybus is the price of oil going through the roof.
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 7:19 pm

dabpit wrote:
alohashirts wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

15% of US adults do not own a smartphone.
39% of US adults over 65 years old do not own a smartphone

Every company has to decide which demographics it wants to focus on.

By relying only on apps and chat functions but no voice customer service Breeze is saying it is not interested in a large percentage of the retiree market. But that is a large percentage of a demographic with disposable income for leisure travel.

The retiree/older demographic market you mention can use their website to print off boarding passes, I would assume. 99% of times when people call into an airline reservation number, the reason of the call can be handled and completed online or the app. It’s blunt but a lot of people are too lazy or dumb to try it on their own.

Not true, rather rude of an assessment and shows you haven’t had to handle calls people make to airlines. For the majority of call it is because the options to do what is needed is not available on an airline website, irregular operations (this is a big one), adding a pet in cabin, payment issues, name changes, general questions not easily found on a website, and passengers with ADA inquiries that would require talking to the airline.

Specific inquiries sure but apps take car of most of the rest now. I had an AA flight get cancelled Jan 20 and it was just a few quick taps on the app to find a new flight that worked. Shouldn’t be that bad for Breeze to figure out.
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 7:38 pm

ahj2000 wrote:
dabpit wrote:
alohashirts wrote:
The retiree/older demographic market you mention can use their website to print off boarding passes, I would assume. 99% of times when people call into an airline reservation number, the reason of the call can be handled and completed online or the app. It’s blunt but a lot of people are too lazy or dumb to try it on their own.

Not true, rather rude of an assessment and shows you haven’t had to handle calls people make to airlines. For the majority of call it is because the options to do what is needed is not available on an airline website, irregular operations (this is a big one), adding a pet in cabin, payment issues, name changes, general questions not easily found on a website, and passengers with ADA inquiries that would require talking to the airline.

Specific inquiries sure but apps take car of most of the rest now. I had an AA flight get cancelled Jan 20 and it was just a few quick taps on the app to find a new flight that worked. Shouldn’t be that bad for Breeze to figure out.

The issue is they will only be flying 4 times a week on most routes (it appears they are all starting out that way). When operating like that one flight cancellation can set you back getting to your destination a week later (if not all the flights are full) also not like you could just hope on another flight and connect to your destination either with Breeze (they offer no connections). AA, DL, UA, and AS will all have a better experience when needing to rebook a canceled flight and that is simply because of their networks.

One bad IROPS episode could render the app useless, especially when a number of flights are canceled. There will need to be a way for people to call in order to get information and options for rebooking etc.
 
BTVB6Flyer
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 7:48 pm

When will they (if they plan to at all) go on 3rd party flight finding websites (Kayak, Google flights, Skyscanner, etc.)?
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22695
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 7:48 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
"We currently do not support phone calls as a means of communication."

We'll see how that goes.

Likely fine, until the first big IROP, when people want answers, right frikken now.

Remember, this is what killed Skybus.

Agree with your first sentence, disagree with your second. What killed Skybus is the price of oil going through the roof.

I hope they stress testef for IROPS.

Most over 65 I know who travel have a smartphone.

SkyBus picked an odd route system, and never had buzz.

Breeze has some buzz. Not as great as JetBlue at launch, but good.

I really want a better app for an airline. Right now they are clunky paper substitutes that don't even have page flipping. Going through Breeze was nice, but the return flight was $30/person to pick a seat. Hmmm... in nicer (Outbound free).

Late Edit:
The way the the app is setup for families is so much better than other airlines. Way better. This will eliminate so much booking hassle.

Even later edit. Only last night I booked for my family and it would have saved me 20 minutes having some of the features of beeze.

Lightsaber
 
luckyone
Posts: 4015
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 7:58 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
FLYBY72 wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
"We currently do not support phone calls as a means of communication."

We'll see how that goes.


Once the hype dies down and the aircrews Unionize we will see how this is really going to go down.


:checkmark: and this will happen quickly, given how poorly they will be treated.

Remember when Skybus tried to pay their employees 1/3 less than the rest of the industry? Pilots had already filed for (and were going to win based on number of signatures) a union when they went belly up less than a year in.

Skybus failed due to far more concerns than labor woes.
They had the misfortune of an unprecedented fuel environment.
They had the misfortune of being first to try their strategy of ULCC.
The problem, however, with their strategy was it was disjointed, and at first was built around CMH. Even today that strategy wouldn't work by itself. Breeze appears to be following what Frontier and Allegiant do (and Spirit, but to the casual glance Spirit's route structure looks more legacy route map at ULCC pricing), connecting multiple spokes to common destinations (ie connecting multiple cities to Charleston, and connecting many of those same cities to Tampa and MSY). Skybus did not do that. Skybus flew to and from CMH and GSO.

dabpit wrote:
ahj2000 wrote:
dabpit wrote:
Not true, rather rude of an assessment and shows you haven’t had to handle calls people make to airlines. For the majority of call it is because the options to do what is needed is not available on an airline website, irregular operations (this is a big one), adding a pet in cabin, payment issues, name changes, general questions not easily found on a website, and passengers with ADA inquiries that would require talking to the airline.

Specific inquiries sure but apps take car of most of the rest now. I had an AA flight get cancelled Jan 20 and it was just a few quick taps on the app to find a new flight that worked. Shouldn’t be that bad for Breeze to figure out.

The issue is they will only be flying 4 times a week on most routes (it appears they are all starting out that way). When operating like that one flight cancellation can set you back getting to your destination a week later (if not all the flights are full) also not like you could just hope on another flight and connect to your destination either with Breeze (they offer no connections). AA, DL, UA, and AS will all have a better experience when needing to rebook a canceled flight and that is simply because of their networks.

One bad IROPS episode could render the app useless, especially when a number of flights are canceled. There will need to be a way for people to call in order to get information and options for rebooking etc.

Which is no different than how the current ULCC's run, particularly Allegiant which runs many of their destinations as few as twice weekly. And we've seen situations in the past 2 years wherein the legacies call centers collapse due to IROPS, with call backs taking hours to occur.
 
Scoots71
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:13 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 8:02 pm

airplaneboy wrote:
Does anyone know the frequency of the initial routes off hand?


I looks like most routes will be 4 days a week. Most that I have seen so far are Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday.

I have also seen a few that are 3 days a week, taking away the Sunday shift.

EDIT: Found a couple that are 2 days: Thursday and Sunday (MSY-CAK); Friday and Sunday (MSY-CMH)
Last edited by Scoots71 on Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
capitalflyer
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:43 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 8:03 pm

I could see IND to MSY, CHS, and ORF, all destinations without N/S service currently. I think MCI could also be a good place to CHS and ORF and perhaps other cities like PIT, SAT,
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 5273
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 8:03 pm

alohashirts wrote:
It’s blunt but a lot of people are too lazy or dumb to try it on their own.


I want to be careful this thread does not go off-topic, but we could also spin it that a lot of people no longer know how to socially interact with other people like the employees of a business. So they choose to use non-human contact methods.

I work in and with technology but for many things I prefer to use methods that are person-to-person. I like receiving human customer service instead of self-service. I'm not lazy or dumb, but after interacting mainly with technology for most of my week I like having even small person-to-person business transactions.

The lockdowns the last year had me intentionally choosing voice/video calls/in-person methods to interact with people/businesses instead of the available self-service/text/email/etc methods. My tech colleagues in our organization say the same thing. Non-human processes in corporations end up eliminating human interactions almost as much as the lockdowns did.

Breeze is marketing itself as the "Seriously Nice" airline not the "easier tech" airline. Nicer should be about people, not calling them lazy or dumb because they don't want to use a method that first is about reducing a corporation's costs then secondarily about customer service.
 
SEA
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 pm

lightsaber wrote:

Most over 65 I know who travel have a smartphone.

Lightsaber


Anecdotal for sure, but my grandparents in their 80s have smartphones and tablets and love using the Wallet in iOS to store their documents for traveling. They also like being able to check in from apps rather than spend extra time at the airport or get on their desktop. I really don't think the lack of live telephone service will be a hold up to many.
 
BTVB6Flyer
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 8:16 pm

TPA has 2 routes at 1x weekly (Saturday) rest are 3/4x weekly.


Scoots71 wrote:
airplaneboy wrote:
Does anyone know the frequency of the initial routes off hand?


I looks like most routes will be 4 days a week. Most that I have seen so far are Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday.

I have also seen a few that are 3 days a week, taking away the Sunday shift.

EDIT: Found a couple that are 2 days: Thursday and Sunday (MSY-CAK); Friday and Sunday (MSY-CMH)
 
obelau24
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 8:27 pm

I wish there was a like button! Lol. This entire post echoes my sentiment: sell to me! Upsell! Tell me what my options are.

lightsaber wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


The boomers who refuse to use technology and need to take out their unwarranted anger on a person don’t like apps.

The wait to talk to a person can be rediculous at most airlines. Aiming for minimum calls is a tremendous cost savings. This will stop tech savy people from doing the lazy path.

I just booked tickets on another airline and I found it frustrating as for some reason I had to do my credit before finding my flights. Why? Every other business it can be done at either part of the transaction because they want to show a refund is the same as fresh cash (think Amazon).

I really hope we finally have a great airline app. An app should never be more frustrating than buying say custom engraved trophies off Amazon.

Also, make ancillary sales easier. My rental car purchase took many more clicks. e.g., I clicked a large car (for a family). It put me on site for a glorified golf cart that couldn't carry my luggage, much less everyone. I had to bypass the preferred rental car company to get value. Seriously?

I want an easy app. People book airlines, hotels, and rental cars, generally I believe in that order. bWhy isn't there a great app for a trip?

I have two kids and say 9 days. I would love to/from airport, to resorts (or a cruise), with age appropriate suggestions.

/rant.

The current apps are too much interface for the airline. Let me put in total budget and plus up the sale. I haven't yet seen the Breeze app, I can only hope it is really a step up. Right now too many other sales apps run circles around airline apps (Amazon, about 10% of restaurant apps).

I have stopped using my favorite restaurant's app because it is that bad (I call an they must realize how bad their app is as they hired two people to answer phones that shouldn't be needed). I am ordering more from another because it is so easy to get a reasonable priced meal on the table. Make the airline app the later.

I've uninstalled many apps that weren't worth learning. I rarely look at the apps of my two favorite airlines as they are so clunky, they are only useful day of flight. Sell to me! I want to travel!

The goal is low costs and happy customers. The app will make or break Breeze.

Lightsaber
 
Someone83
Posts: 5391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 pm

Is there possible to see where the E190 will be based and where the E195 is based? Or is it a rather mixed operations?
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 5273
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 9:18 pm

SEA wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Most over 65 I know who travel have a smartphone.

Lightsaber


Anecdotal for sure, but my grandparents in their 80s have smartphones and tablets and love using the Wallet in iOS to store their documents for traveling. They also like being able to check in from apps rather than spend extra time at the airport or get on their desktop. I really don't think the lack of live telephone service will be a hold up to many.


And anecdotally I know millennials who have had problems learning to use some software or apps for their jobs that I consider simple such as Excel. They say I am not a computer person. It is hard to apply a broad opinion to a demographic group.

A couple of decades ago, I used to advise my clients who were having websites built to consider telling the designer to make it as accessible as possible. When they would ask why, I would point out that it would increase the potential customer base by including those who may have problems using the web due to visual impairment or other reasons. It is about decisions about how a company operates and the choices that potential customers then make based on that operation method vs the competition.

Breeze has currently chosen to rely on technology for customer service which at the same time will exclude some potential customers who do not or will not use the technology. We will see if they expand to include other methods such as phone calls in the future or not.
 
ZazuPIT
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 9:24 pm

alohashirts wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


15% of US adults do not own a smartphone.
39% of US adults over 65 years old do not own a smartphone

Every company has to decide which demographics it wants to focus on.

By relying only on apps and chat functions but no voice customer service Breeze is saying it is not interested in a large percentage of the retiree market. But that is a large percentage of a demographic with disposable income for leisure travel.

The retiree/older demographic market you mention can use their website to print off boarding passes, I would assume. 99% of times when people call into an airline reservation number, the reason of the call can be handled and completed online or the app. It’s blunt but a lot of people are too lazy or dumb to try it on their own.


Nah, I'm not dumb or lazy,I just think a business should have live customer support. But I don't have a hardon for Breeze like everyone else on a.net
 
CMHtraveler
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 9:30 pm

luckyone wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:
FLYBY72 wrote:

Once the hype dies down and the aircrews Unionize we will see how this is really going to go down.


:checkmark: and this will happen quickly, given how poorly they will be treated.

Remember when Skybus tried to pay their employees 1/3 less than the rest of the industry? Pilots had already filed for (and were going to win based on number of signatures) a union when they went belly up less than a year in.

Skybus failed due to far more concerns than labor woes.
They had the misfortune of an unprecedented fuel environment.
They had the misfortune of being first to try their strategy of ULCC.
The problem, however, with their strategy was it was disjointed, and at first was built around CMH. Even today that strategy wouldn't work by itself. Breeze appears to be following what Frontier and Allegiant do (and Spirit, but to the casual glance Spirit's route structure looks more legacy route map at ULCC pricing), connecting multiple spokes to common destinations (ie connecting multiple cities to Charleston, and connecting many of those same cities to Tampa and MSY). Skybus did not do that. Skybus flew to and from CMH and GSO.


Correct, but my point wasn’t that Breeze will fail because of labor woes, just that we won’t really know how they can compete until they’re on a relatively level playing field (by paying similar labor costs). Unlike B6 who bought themselves a few years pf cheaper labor costs by at least attempting some sort of one-level-down parity, Breeze seems to be going bottom-of-the-barrel cheap on labor and this means (if the employees are smart) they are likely to get organized sooner.
 
User avatar
PA727
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 9:33 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
flightsimer wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:

IMO, that is unacceptable. Reminds me of the disaster that was Skybus.

There is literally no reason to have to call in. The APP does everything and instructions are provided for just about every scenario.

If something outside of a known scenario pops up, we have included a function to directly chat with someone within the company to resolve the issue.


15% of US adults do not own a smartphone.
39% of US adults over 65 years old do not own a smartphone

Every company has to decide which demographics it wants to focus on.

By relying only on apps and chat functions but no voice customer service Breeze is saying it is not interested in a large percentage of the retiree market. But that is a large percentage of a demographic with disposable income for leisure travel.


I'd focus on the demographic which is only going to grow in the future. If the %'s are 15 and 39 today, respectively, that number will only decrease with time. My guess is Breeze will follow that demographic too.
 
User avatar
PA727
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 9:39 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
aviationjunky wrote:
Do we expect to see some western expansion? Would love to see them in LAS, but we're oversaturated with ULCC/LCC. Good luck to them!


Plenty of west coast planned.


My hope is SAT can get in on some of the west coast flying. While Breeze offers point to point service, should they offer connections in the future, SAT could potentially help flow traffic to the S.E.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22695
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 10:26 pm

obelau24 wrote:
I wish there was a like button! Lol. This entire post echoes my sentiment: sell to me! Upsell! Tell me what my options are.

lightsaber wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:

The boomers who refuse to use technology and need to take out their unwarranted anger on a person don’t like apps.

The wait to talk to a person can be rediculous at most airlines. Aiming for minimum calls is a tremendous cost savings. This will stop tech savy people from doing the lazy path.

I just booked tickets on another airline and I found it frustrating as for some reason I had to do my credit before finding my flights. Why? Every other business it can be done at either part of the transaction because they want to show a refund is the same as fresh cash (think Amazon).

I really hope we finally have a great airline app. An app should never be more frustrating than buying say custom engraved trophies off Amazon.

Also, make ancillary sales easier. My rental car purchase took many more clicks. e.g., I clicked a large car (for a family). It put me on site for a glorified golf cart that couldn't carry my luggage, much less everyone. I had to bypass the preferred rental car company to get value. Seriously?

I want an easy app. People book airlines, hotels, and rental cars, generally I believe in that order. bWhy isn't there a great app for a trip?

I have two kids and say 9 days. I would love to/from airport, to resorts (or a cruise), with age appropriate suggestions.

/rant.

The current apps are too much interface for the airline. Let me put in total budget and plus up the sale. I haven't yet seen the Breeze app, I can only hope it is really a step up. Right now too many other sales apps run circles around airline apps (Amazon, about 10% of restaurant apps).

I have stopped using my favorite restaurant's app because it is that bad (I call an they must realize how bad their app is as they hired two people to answer phones that shouldn't be needed). I am ordering more from another because it is so easy to get a reasonable priced meal on the table. Make the airline app the later.

I've uninstalled many apps that weren't worth learning. I rarely look at the apps of my two favorite airlines as they are so clunky, they are only useful day of flight. Sell to me! I want to travel!

The goal is low costs and happy customers. The app will make or break Breeze.

Lightsaber

Exactly, upsell to me. But be less clunky. Have little plusses on the side with prices. Breeze is rediculously easy to buy a family's tickets. I buy tickets for relatives all the time and vice versa.

We want to fly together. So booking separately is a hassle.

Now to make multiple credit cards in one transaction possible. But that little circle in an app to easily by for a social group, brilliant! Why was it a challenge to buy my kids tickets yesterday? A little flick of pictures to create a group? cool!

Now do hotel/resort for the group (does the app?). Upsell me choice. e.g., I was booking a resort and it was so clunky chosing packages I just logged off. Make picking "that upsell deal" easy! I think Breeze is on the right track.

The travel sites became so much about lowest price, I stopped using them because I couldn't get value.

E.g., I booked a flight that had a matrix of times, but should have had a pop up bubble letting me know nicer or nicest is cheaper on this special day.

Most apps are trying to get every penny and discouraging buying. I underspent my budget as I couldn't find value. I hope Breeze does well, my first impression of the app was good.

Lightsaber
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 10:41 pm

ATLgaUSA wrote:
Looks to me like the logical next cities in the SE would be TYS, MEM, BHM, GSO, GSP, RDU (perhaps, its pretty well served) and LIT, though lord knows, I've not been good at the Breeze guessing game.


Several of those markets would be good candidates for nonstop service to MSY and CHS in particular. LIT-MSY has always struck me as a route I figured G4 would be on.

Two other quick observations:
* I think in some cases we are overestimating the business travel demand for some of these routes even though there may be legitimate corporate connections between the two cities. Some of the flight times and frequencies are not conducive to business travel, and there's going to be hesitation until reliability is established.

* I know Orlando is absolutely saturated with ULCCs/LCCs, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see service added from a market like HSV which lacks it.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 10:54 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
ATLgaUSA wrote:
Looks to me like the logical next cities in the SE would be TYS, MEM, BHM, GSO, GSP, RDU (perhaps, its pretty well served) and LIT, though lord knows, I've not been good at the Breeze guessing game.


Several of those markets would be good candidates for nonstop service to MSY and CHS in particular. LIT-MSY has always struck me as a route I figured G4 would be on.

Two other quick observations:
* I think in some cases we are overestimating the business travel demand for some of these routes even though there may be legitimate corporate connections between the two cities. Some of the flight times and frequencies are not conducive to business travel, and there's going to be hesitation until reliability is established.

* I know Orlando is absolutely saturated with ULCCs/LCCs, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see service added from a market like HSV which lacks it.



Given the explosion of river cruising and many are one ways. MEM/MSY makes even more sense these days as that routing is the overwhelmingy most popular one.

Orlando is saturated but If Breeze starts MCOnthat will give a leg up on Allegiant's SFB service from place like XNA/TUL/OKC. Southweat could retaliate in TUL and OKC on MCO but not XNA. These will, however eat away at the up to 20%leakage to TUL from XNA mainly for WN flights.

WN should have started XNA by now, a market expected to doublenin size in 20 years. Breeze sees that and our $400 fares which is what TPA is in July on the legacies.
Last edited by WaywardMemphian on Fri May 21, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
FlyGuy27
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 10:56 pm

Other airlines have customer service lines, but when the wait is hours long, those lines are functionally irrelevant.

I hope Breeze tech is as easy and effective as promised.
 
SocalApproach
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri May 21, 2021 11:21 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
FLYBY72 wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
"We currently do not support phone calls as a means of communication."

We'll see how that goes.


Once the hype dies down and the aircrews Unionize we will see how this is really going to go down.


:checkmark: and this will happen quickly, given how poorly they will be treated.

Remember when Skybus tried to pay their employees 1/3 less than the rest of the industry? Pilots had already filed for (and were going to win based on number of signatures) a union when they went belly up less than a year in.


Cabin Crews and Pilots? have a Terms: Four (4) year agreement in the job description. :old: Looks like Breeze already thought about the Union organizers. Its going to be hard to organize when you already agreed to the terms before being hired.
 
amcnd
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat May 22, 2021 12:11 am

SocalApproach wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:
FLYBY72 wrote:

Once the hype dies down and the aircrews Unionize we will see how this is really going to go down.


:checkmark: and this will happen quickly, given how poorly they will be treated.

Remember when Skybus tried to pay their employees 1/3 less than the rest of the industry? Pilots had already filed for (and were going to win based on number of signatures) a union when they went belly up less than a year in.


Cabin Crews and Pilots? have a Terms: Four (4) year agreement in the job description. :old: Looks like Breeze already thought about the Union organizers. Its going to be hard to organize when you already agreed to the terms before being hired.



He did the same thing at JetBlue. But it was 5 years...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos