Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
flightsimer
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun May 23, 2021 6:50 pm

travaz wrote:
I was playing around on Breeze web site and booking is pretty easy. I was not able to find an explanation of what the difference between the nice and nicer fare. I looked all over the site and never found what the difference was. Was not impressed with the web site.

Did you try to make a dummy booking? Once you do that you have to select either nice or nicer and it tells you the exact difference... it’s just Economy vs Economy plus and includes a few extras.
 
travaz
Posts: 1125
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun May 23, 2021 8:52 pm

I did that but all it gave me was the price difference and not what was included. No big deal Will try again.
 
Jerseyguy
Posts: 2263
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun May 23, 2021 11:17 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
Jerseyguy wrote:
Apparently not all modern browsers are supported at flybreeze.com. I tried Firefox and I get a popup Browser not supported. Hopefully this is a temporary thing,

Firefox a modern browser? I know back in 2005 they were the most popular for around 5 years until Chrome came out. As of now they only have 3% of the market
It was also announced Internet Explorer will be retired by 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sha ... b_browsers

In the end, i doubt they will spend money to ensure compatibly on a browser that has minimal usage.
At the same time forcing everyone to use their app

Wow I didn't know I was in that much of a minority. I've always used FF because it does a great job preventing videos from autostarting and intrusive ads from popping up. But yeah the 3% isn't worth it for them.
 
User avatar
flyPIT
Posts: 2157
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:21 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 12:22 am

3% more passengers can be the difference between profit and loss.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1951
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 12:36 am

Jerseyguy wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Jerseyguy wrote:
Apparently not all modern browsers are supported at flybreeze.com. I tried Firefox and I get a popup Browser not supported. Hopefully this is a temporary thing,

Firefox a modern browser? I know back in 2005 they were the most popular for around 5 years until Chrome came out. As of now they only have 3% of the market
It was also announced Internet Explorer will be retired by 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sha ... b_browsers

In the end, i doubt they will spend money to ensure compatibly on a browser that has minimal usage.
At the same time forcing everyone to use their app

Wow I didn't know I was in that much of a minority. I've always used FF because it does a great job preventing videos from autostarting and intrusive ads from popping up. But yeah the 3% isn't worth it for them.


I just can’t believe people still use Firefox LOL!
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22726
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 1:58 am

Runway765 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:

Bring on summer storms in Tampa and elsewhere, can't wait to see all the crowds of Breeze pax staring blankly at their phone app wondering what they will do for 4 days waiting for the next bi weekly flight out.


Same thing Allegiant flyers do. Seen their market cap lately?


I do wonder if Breeze becomes successful, will it eat away at G4's market share? After all, on paper Breeze has a better product.

I believe that Breeze could differentiate itself on IROPS vs. Allegiant. We will see.

So far Breeze has a good, on paper, offering.

Lightsaber
 
ASFlyer
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 1:25 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 2:41 am

lightsaber wrote:
Runway765 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

Same thing Allegiant flyers do. Seen their market cap lately?


I do wonder if Breeze becomes successful, will it eat away at G4's market share? After all, on paper Breeze has a better product.

I believe that Breeze could differentiate itself on IROPS vs. Allegiant. We will see.

So far Breeze has a good, on paper, offering.

Lightsaber


There's definitely opportunity to be better than Allegiant at irrops but I'm skeptical. They're operating a system built on point to point nonstops flying 3 or 4x a week for the most part. If flights are operating mostly full they're kind of screwed. There's no opportunity to connect their passengers via another hub or put them on a flight at a different time. If they're not going to have interline agreements, well, you just wait, and wait, and wait... It's the downfall of a business plan like Allegiant's and Breeze's.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5393
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 3:15 am

Jerseyguy wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Jerseyguy wrote:
Apparently not all modern browsers are supported at flybreeze.com. I tried Firefox and I get a popup Browser not supported. Hopefully this is a temporary thing,

Firefox a modern browser? I know back in 2005 they were the most popular for around 5 years until Chrome came out. As of now they only have 3% of the market
It was also announced Internet Explorer will be retired by 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sha ... b_browsers

In the end, i doubt they will spend money to ensure compatibly on a browser that has minimal usage.
At the same time forcing everyone to use their app

Wow I didn't know I was in that much of a minority. I've always used FF because it does a great job preventing videos from autostarting and intrusive ads from popping up. But yeah the 3% isn't worth it for them.


It's worked for me on Firefox.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 3:35 am

...except that Allegiant is making money and considered to be successful. BZ on same runway. If your measuring stick is legacy carriers....you need a new measuring stick
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1328
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 5:06 am

DeltaRules wrote:
Jerseyguy wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Firefox a modern browser? I know back in 2005 they were the most popular for around 5 years until Chrome came out. As of now they only have 3% of the market
It was also announced Internet Explorer will be retired by 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sha ... b_browsers

In the end, i doubt they will spend money to ensure compatibly on a browser that has minimal usage.
At the same time forcing everyone to use their app

Wow I didn't know I was in that much of a minority. I've always used FF because it does a great job preventing videos from autostarting and intrusive ads from popping up. But yeah the 3% isn't worth it for them.


It's worked for me on Firefox.

Didn’t work for me on Firefox. We’ve got a whole Mozilla gang here lol.
Seriously though, Tapatalk is the way to do a.net. So much easier.
Also, our little 3% is not much. I imagine not many would as a lot of people my age remember Firefox being a thing in the olden days(tm) and don’t know it’s now a decent security browser with a couple add ins.
 
SkyVoice
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 5:21 am

Jerseyguy wrote:
Apparently not all modern browsers are supported at flybreeze.com. I tried Firefox and I get a popup Browser not supported. Hopefully this is a temporary thing,


I use Chrome and I'm getting the same result.
 
uconn99
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 5:27 am

Working for me on Firefox since last week.
 
Jerseyguy
Posts: 2263
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 6:45 am

DeltaRules wrote:
Jerseyguy wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Firefox a modern browser? I know back in 2005 they were the most popular for around 5 years until Chrome came out. As of now they only have 3% of the market
It was also announced Internet Explorer will be retired by 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sha ... b_browsers

In the end, i doubt they will spend money to ensure compatibly on a browser that has minimal usage.
At the same time forcing everyone to use their app

Wow I didn't know I was in that much of a minority. I've always used FF because it does a great job preventing videos from autostarting and intrusive ads from popping up. But yeah the 3% isn't worth it for them.


It's worked for me on Firefox.


Wierd it's working for me on Firefox for Android (Android 11)
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22726
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 1:43 pm

Polot wrote:
iAvgeek737 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

One issue that DH had was that most of the destinations that DH was serving nonstop from IAD already had nonstop service from IAD or DCA on other airlines. Some of the destinations that DH was serving nonstop from IAD also had nonstop service out of BWI on WN 16 years ago. WN also had much stronger brand recognition than DH did in most of the markets that were served by WN 16 years ago.


Didnt DH also have a surplus of capacity where they were running schedules/frequencies that didnt make sense and had planes taking off empty? 30 destinations but 300 daily departures...

Yes. They had too many planes they couldn’t get out of quick enough.


Independence Air’s foundation is very different from Skybus’s, Breeze’s, Avelo’s, etc. You can’t really compare them.

Independence was facinating. There issue was too high of a fixed cost, having to suddenly be a big (ish) airline with a cost basis that was unworkable as an ULCC.

Breeze is staffed for low frequency duty with extreamly cheap aircraft. If demand justifies, they will staff up for higher frequency. (I doubt it, but always an option )

The big cost differentiator for Breeze is the back office. As much as people demand the call, if the app or web page works, with IM to a real person, that helps cut an expense.

A low frequency model versus a saturation model is very different. The closest model to Breeze is Allegiant and Breeze is trying to have a much nicer airline with far better customer satisfaction.

Indi Air's need for high fares, a result of using 50 seat RJs, doomed them. I cheered them on, but enthusiasm doesn't overcome economics.

Breeze will have a small number of Ejets and then grow 1 A220 per month. Due to extreamly low lease rates, Breeze can use the Ejets in extreamly low utilization duty.

I will be curious to see how well Breeze does. I also follow Allegiant.

Lightsaber
 
DakotaFlyer
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Any experts think FAR will be a candidate for the next round of Breeze routes? There is no low-cost carrier that serves Fargo except for the occasional Allegiant flight and no other competition for that customer segment. It would also attract some Canadian flyers once the border is fully back open.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3310
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 4:09 pm

My guess is the next round will be west coast and larger Florida markets with the A220. A route like PVD-TPA makes more sense on the A220 and connects existing markets. I'll be curious to see what their do for their LA area airport, for bay area I suspect OAK. PVD-LA/SF area at 4x weekly A220 should do well and go responded to, LAS would likely solicit a response from WN or G4. A market like ORF-SAN that WN has occasionally thrown flights at could be well sustained by 4x weekly A220 as well.
 
CitrusCritter
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:36 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 4:59 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
Jerseyguy wrote:
Apparently not all modern browsers are supported at flybreeze.com. I tried Firefox and I get a popup Browser not supported. Hopefully this is a temporary thing,

Firefox a modern browser? I know back in 2005 they were the most popular for around 5 years until Chrome came out. As of now they only have 3% of the market
It was also announced Internet Explorer will be retired by 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_sha ... b_browsers

In the end, i doubt they will spend money to ensure compatibly on a browser that has minimal usage.
At the same time forcing everyone to use their app


I had no trouble booking my flight with Firefox Desktop (which is the 2nd most used browser for desktops). Could be an issue with Firefox Mobile, which I use but think isn't as up to date as its mobile competitors.
 
jplatts
Posts: 4722
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 6:27 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
Any experts think FAR will be a candidate for the next round of Breeze routes? There is no low-cost carrier that serves Fargo except for the occasional Allegiant flight and no other competition for that customer segment. It would also attract some Canadian flyers once the border is fully back open.


In addition to G4 service out of FAR, F9 has less-than-daily nonstop service to DEN from FAR.

WS already serves LAS and PHX nonstop from YWG, and G4 already serves LAS, BNA, SFB, and AZA nonstop from GFK.

UA also already serves ORD and DEN nonstop from YWG.

Most of the travelers in Southern Manitoba who are traveling to contiguous U.S. leisure destinations would probably fly out of airports closer to the MB-ND border such as GFK, MOT, and YWG instead of driving all the way down to FAR with WS already serving YWG and G4 already serving GFK and MOT. FAR is also approximately 220 miles south of Downtown Winnipeg.

FAR does have nonstop service to a few destinations not served nonstop from GFK such as ORD on AA/UA, DFW on AA, DEN on UA/F9, LAX on G4, and PIE on G4.

Most of the demand out of FAR is coming from Eastern ND, Western MN, and Northeastern SD.
 
luv2cattlecall
Posts: 852
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:25 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 6:46 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Runway765 wrote:

I do wonder if Breeze becomes successful, will it eat away at G4's market share? After all, on paper Breeze has a better product.

I believe that Breeze could differentiate itself on IROPS vs. Allegiant. We will see.

So far Breeze has a good, on paper, offering.

Lightsaber


There's definitely opportunity to be better than Allegiant at irrops but I'm skeptical. They're operating a system built on point to point nonstops flying 3 or 4x a week for the most part. If flights are operating mostly full they're kind of screwed. There's no opportunity to connect their passengers via another hub or put them on a flight at a different time. If they're not going to have interline agreements, well, you just wait, and wait, and wait... It's the downfall of a business plan like Allegiant's and Breeze's.



But with the low fleet utilization, wouldn't it be easy to add an extra flight as needed? Might be a little extra cost for some dead legs, but I would guess that a Neeleman airline would do the right thing and not leave people stranded.
 
BAHfromMCO
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 6:57 pm

pbody wrote:
Did anyone manage to book a seat on the inaugural flight?

Can you confirm the inaugural flights?
 
RobertS975
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:17 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 7:11 pm

PA727 wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:
aviationjunky wrote:
Do we expect to see some western expansion? Would love to see them in LAS, but we're oversaturated with ULCC/LCC. Good luck to them!


Plenty of west coast planned.


My hope is SAT can get in on some of the west coast flying. While Breeze offers point to point service, should they offer connections in the future, SAT could potentially help flow traffic to the S.E.


Connections will be hazardous when you have a flight operating to a given destination every other day! Missed connection... the next flight is in 48 hours!
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3310
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 7:46 pm

Here's what I could see for A220 transcon type runs based on reasonable traffic potential and lowest response risk

OAK - SDF, CMH, PVD, TPA, CHS... BDL if B6 exits BDL-SFO
LA (TBD) - HSV, PVD, ORF, CAK, XNA.... BDL if B6 exits
SAN - SAT, MSY, TPA, ORF, PIT, potential BDL/PVD

PHX is tough because if brings a high WN and/or AA response risk
LAS is tough because of WN and G4 response risk
SLC is tough because of limited O&D for places like PVD, ORF, SDF but markets like BDL, TPA and CHS would get a swift DL response.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 8:16 pm

Looking at the BZ plans as submitted to DOT....would not anticipate any East-West Coast flying until Feb 2022. I believe BZ accepts 1 A220/mo beginning in Oct. That timing works for NE-FL service as it gets colder up north. Maybe Feb/Mar 2022 BZ starts East-West services. Depending on market (ie competition) conditions....could see RIC-SDF-SEA, ORF-SDF-SFO, PVD-SDF-SLC, BDL-SDF-SAN (thru flights) and as A220's delivered (1/month) NS added West Coast to RIC, ORF, BDL, PVD (or other eastern points)
 
rj777
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 1:47 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 8:36 pm

Do you think Breeze will eventually expand to OMA and/or MKE?
 
SYRAVGEEK
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:08 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 8:39 pm

albspotter wrote:
So apparently Breeze is using GAT as their ground contractor in CHS. I've also noticed that GAT is hiring at ALB. So does this mean BZ could have ALB on it's watch? ALB is in the top 10 underserved destinations out of CHS and CHS in in the same boat with ALB. I also remember hearing ALB's old airport CEO saying they were talking to BZ back in 2019. I'd just keep a watch out for ALB in the next round of airport announcements.

I do remember in their requests Breeze listed Albany as an airport they wanted to serve. So they'll probably announce ALB depending on how well the other routes do.
 
WNflyer1523
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Here are what routes I could see Breeze doing if they ever come to ISP:
ORF - 3x weekly
CHS - 4x weekly
MSY - 4x weekly
JAX - 3x weekly
ATL - 4x weekly

Maybe, but highly unlikely IMO, if they were to do transcons in the not-near future I could see ISP-LAX/SFO 4x and ISP-SAN 3x
Last edited by WNflyer1523 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 4463
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 8:43 pm

What is the A220 delivery schedule. I am sure it is listed on here somewhere but if someone knows it is easier than me searching thru 25 pages.

It just seems to me like this near term big transcon/west coast flight adds seem a little overstated in here. I figure they stay in the east/middle for a bit until they get a better route map established then move west.
 
Wneast
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 8:47 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
What is the A220 delivery schedule. I am sure it is listed on here somewhere but if someone knows it is easier than me searching thru 25 pages.

It just seems to me like this near term big transcon/west coast flight adds seem a little overstated in here. I figure they stay in the east/middle for a bit until they get a better route map established then move west.

They said they would announce in the fall the routes for the a220 which means they will probably go to the west coast and the will be getting one plane a month starting in October for five years tell the receive them all but they ordered 20 more I don’t know where those fit in and there’s always the chance they add more orders
 
Jshank83
Posts: 4463
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 9:14 pm

Wneast wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
What is the A220 delivery schedule. I am sure it is listed on here somewhere but if someone knows it is easier than me searching thru 25 pages.

It just seems to me like this near term big transcon/west coast flight adds seem a little overstated in here. I figure they stay in the east/middle for a bit until they get a better route map established then move west.

They said they would announce in the fall the routes for the a220 which means they will probably go to the west coast and the will be getting one plane a month starting in October for five years tell the receive them all but they ordered 20 more I don’t know where those fit in and there’s always the chance they add more orders


What makes you think they go west coast right away? Why couldn't they fly longer stages from South to east? MSY to PVM or Texas to ISP for example? Add MCI and fly to east coast. They don't have to go west coast to get use from the A220. Until they get a pretty good amount in their fleet there is no reason to fly really long routes and tie the plane up for 4 to 6 hours at a time when they could be flying 2 or 3 other routes with it in the same amount of time.

I could be 100% wrong on this but I don't think they need to go west right away. Again, fill out the east/central US routes first, add new stations. You can always go west later.
 
Wneast
Posts: 970
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 9:26 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
What is the A220 delivery schedule. I am sure it is listed on here somewhere but if someone knows it is easier than me searching thru 25 pages.

It just seems to me like this near term big transcon/west coast flight adds seem a little overstated in here. I figure they stay in the east/middle for a bit until they get a better route map established then move west.

They said they would announce in the fall the routes for the a220 which means they will probably go to the west coast and the will be getting one plane a month starting in October for five years tell the receive them all but they ordered 20 more I don’t know where those fit in and there’s always the chance they add more orders


What makes you think they go west coast right away? Why couldn't they fly longer stages from South to east? MSY to PVM or Texas to ISP for example? Add MCI and fly to east coast. They don't have to go west coast to get use from the A220. Until they get a pretty good amount in their fleet there is no reason to fly really long routes and tie the plane up for 4 to 6 hours at a time when they could be flying 2 or 3 other routes with it in the same amount of time.

I could be 100% wrong on this but I don't think they need to go west right away. Again, fill out the east/central US routes first, add new stations. You can always go west later.

I’m thinking we are see them in the west in like February but I could be wrong we will see, but they probably will start in the fall with them doing routes like MCO to GRB. Personally when there’s a good amount of a220 I want them to start MCO-GEG and MCI-GEG if they go there and SAT- GEG
Last edited by Wneast on Mon May 24, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3310
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 9:36 pm

With A220's trickling in in the fall, I think you'll see a beef up of Florida for the winter, the west coast come on in the spring. PVD/ORF/SDF/CAK-TPA etc. then transcons coming in April 2022.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 9:52 pm

rj777 wrote:
Do you think Breeze will eventually expand to OMA and/or MKE?



BZ says they are reviewing 100 cities. Would certainly think OMA and MKE would be among them.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 6248
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Breeze is poised to succeed, the amount of public incentives they gathered is very impressive:

- MSY is providing a $2.3M grant, and tax breaks
- CHS is offering up to $2.5M+: letting Breeze pay nothing in facility or landing fees, giving tax breaks, and giving $550k in advertising support
- ORF is offering a 400k grant
- CAK & CMH are providing revenue guarantees, and backstopping any potential losses
- PIT will also be paying an unspecified amount to Breeze

Probably others as well, but I think this insulates them a bit if carriers try and add competing service
 
lowfareair
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 10:11 pm

Interesting article in Executive Traveller on their First/Premium class in the A220s. Not much has changed since the original article just before COVID, but wanted to rekindle discussion as it seems they are sticking with a "modular" premium seat that can be swapped out for more coach seats if necessary (I assume if going from a business route to leisure). Seems different from some of the older modular seats (e.g. BA's old A320 Club Europe from a decade ago) that can switch from 3 in a row to 2, to actually removing the seat of 3 seats and replacing with a set of 2, as needed.

I can't imagine there is a sustainable way to do this between flights, but could see it being done on overnights. I'm thinking for stuff like mid-week business travelers vs weekend leisure. It's an interesting idea, but also think the cost of swapping out seats (plus the cost of the extra seats plus inventory tech they'll need to maintain) probably won't be worth it in the long run. Would love to be pleasantly surprised here.
 
ASFlyer
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 1:25 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 10:13 pm

luv2cattlecall wrote:
ASFlyer wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
I believe that Breeze could differentiate itself on IROPS vs. Allegiant. We will see.

So far Breeze has a good, on paper, offering.

Lightsaber


There's definitely opportunity to be better than Allegiant at irrops but I'm skeptical. They're operating a system built on point to point nonstops flying 3 or 4x a week for the most part. If flights are operating mostly full they're kind of screwed. There's no opportunity to connect their passengers via another hub or put them on a flight at a different time. If they're not going to have interline agreements, well, you just wait, and wait, and wait... It's the downfall of a business plan like Allegiant's and Breeze's.



But with the low fleet utilization, wouldn't it be easy to add an extra flight as needed? Might be a little extra cost for some dead legs, but I would guess that a Neeleman airline would do the right thing and not leave people stranded.


Yeah, they may be able to schedule an extra section to accommodate a cancelled or delayed flight at the end of a day. It still would involve a substantial delay (think hours and hours) that would, no doubt, garner a lot of bad press. I thought I read here that Neeleman was shown the door at JetBlue because of a crazy operational meltdown caused by weather that they had a hard time recovering from. If that’s the case I wouldn’t count on him having a better plan here.
 
braniff2hav
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 10:30 pm

I find it ironic that Breeze's IATA code is MX.
That is not good juju.
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 10:39 pm

From an MSY perspective I’d like to see the 220s open up routes like MSY-PIT/ONT/ABQ/RNO/SMF/TUS/PDX... heck maybe the 220 is the airplane that can finally make MSY-PVD work (a route that was tried by both SY and F9). Exciting times ahead.

With the efficiency of that airplane, and considering the fact that you don’t need to fill a ton of seats, not to mention the less-than-daily business model... there are probably too many potential city pairs to even mention. At the very least, folks living in the current BZ “focus cities” should be very excited about what the future has in store.
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 10:46 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
From an MSY perspective I’d like to see the 220s open up routes like MSY-PIT/ONT/ABQ/RNO/SMF/TUS/PDX... heck maybe the 220 is the airplane that can finally make MSY-PVD work (a route that was tried by both SY and F9). Exciting times ahead.

With the efficiency of that airplane, and considering the fact that you don’t need to fill a ton of seats, not to mention the less-than-daily business model... there are probably too many potential city pairs to even mention. At the very least, folks living in the current BZ “focus cities” should be very excited about what the future has in store.



"Totally agree with your opinion of the A220. That bird is destined to become the most successful aircraft ever. It was made for an airline like BZ who will enjoy the success that comes with that equipment along with the current and future cities BZ selects to serve. The legacy carriers will one day look back on this and ask whatever happened to all our spokes!
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Mon May 24, 2021 11:12 pm

BAHfromMCO wrote:
pbody wrote:
Did anyone manage to book a seat on the inaugural flight?

Can you confirm the inaugural flights?

First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.
 
jb1087xna
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 12:35 am

RL757PVD wrote:
Here's what I could see for A220 transcon type runs based on reasonable traffic potential and lowest response risk

LA (TBD) - HSV, PVD, ORF, CAK, XNA.... BDL if B6 exits

LAS is tough because of WN and G4 response risk


For XNA, LA would be crowded if AA and G4 resume their pre-COVID schedules of XNA-LAX. That's assuming they do obviously.
LAS would just have G4 as competition at XNA so it could be doable, though I question them coexisting.
 
packmedic
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:03 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 1:03 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
BAHfromMCO wrote:
pbody wrote:
Did anyone manage to book a seat on the inaugural flight?

Can you confirm the inaugural flights?

First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.


I was able to snag 3C! I'm flying out from SEA for this
 
lat41
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:23 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 1:15 am

braniff2hav wrote:
I find it ironic that Breeze's IATA code is MX.
That is not good juju.

No, but BZ harks back to the old Bonanza who operated FH-227s and DC-9s on the West Coast before Air West came along.
 
FLYKTPA
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 1:18 am

Allegiant is now adding XNA-PIE this summer.... days after Breeze announced XNA-TPA.

Coincidence? I think not lol
 
pbody
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:09 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 2:12 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
BAHfromMCO wrote:
pbody wrote:
Did anyone manage to book a seat on the inaugural flight?

Can you confirm the inaugural flights?

First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.


packmedic wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
BAHfromMCO wrote:
Can you confirm the inaugural flights?

First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.


I was able to snag 3C! I'm flying out from SEA for this



Congrats on getting a ticket, how quickly did you both have to book? I was online within an hour of the announcement and it was all sold out!
 
Wingtips56
Posts: 1374
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 5:35 am

I'm going to guess that A.netters bought all the seats, not the general public. Wonder how Day 2 and later have sold.
 
Jerseyguy
Posts: 2263
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 5:45 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
BAHfromMCO wrote:
pbody wrote:
Did anyone manage to book a seat on the inaugural flight?

Can you confirm the inaugural flights?

First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.

Do we know if Breeze is MX for the IATA code or is it BZ. IATA does not have a listing for Breeze on their website. MX gives 0 results Until we know I personally will use the ICAO code MXY
https://www.iata.org/en/publications/di ... .search=MX
 
Someone83
Posts: 5395
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 6:21 am

Jerseyguy wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
BAHfromMCO wrote:
Can you confirm the inaugural flights?

First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.

Do we know if Breeze is MX for the IATA code or is it BZ. IATA does not have a listing for Breeze on their website. MX gives 0 results Until we know I personally will use the ICAO code MXY
https://www.iata.org/en/publications/di ... .search=MX


When booking flights, the flights comes up as MXxxx, so it should be safe to say their IATA code is MX
 
User avatar
gregn21
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 7:03 am

I don’t know if this has been discussed at some point already, but does MX use or plan on using OTA’s?
 
Jerseyguy
Posts: 2263
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 8:38 am

Someone83 wrote:
Jerseyguy wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.

Do we know if Breeze is MX for the IATA code or is it BZ. IATA does not have a listing for Breeze on their website. MX gives 0 results Until we know I personally will use the ICAO code MXY
https://www.iata.org/en/publications/di ... .search=MX


When booking flights, the flights comes up as MXxxx, so it should be safe to say their IATA code is MX


Sorry, it was buried at the confirmation page that requires you to sign in, so I didn't see it. In doing a dummy booking BDL-ORF. Nicer saves you like $5 OW if your doing carryon/bag/seat .And if your only taking a carry-on or bag it cost you $20 more plus nicer gives you the extra 2% back in travel credits, the nicer seat and snacks. I can see that I would be booking the nicer fare most of the time.
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 11:39 am

pbody wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
BAHfromMCO wrote:
Can you confirm the inaugural flights?

First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.


packmedic wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
First flight is MX 1, TPA-CHS on Thursday.

I am in 21A.


I was able to snag 3C! I'm flying out from SEA for this



Congrats on getting a ticket, how quickly did you both have to book? I was online within an hour of the announcement and it was all sold out!

I was on there the second the website opened.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos