Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Rookinla

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:32 pm

WHAT ABOUT PHF, SBY OR ORH ??? thoes airports are underserved we need BREEZE any chance ??[/quote]

Based on the likelihood of an ORF focus city, PHF probably isn’t going to happen anytime soon. ORH just got B6 back. Other airlines have not been successful there so it won’t be high on the list of priorities. SBY isn’t going to happen. AA is probably all that SBY will get in the foreseeable future. Unfortunately I don’t see how two airlines would make money flying in such a limited market.

flightsimer

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:27 am

Cboyle wrote:
Breeze just launched an interesting teaser on FB:
“We’re about to check off another new city on our list tomorrow. Can you guess which one??”
I’m guessing it’s either PSM or the first routes to ORF

It’s just the launch of Norfolk flights.

BTVB6Flyer

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:32 am

Can't wait to see what they announce in the coming months for their winter route expansion. Hoping to see BTV finally get connected with TPA maybe, among others.

cmhman

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:39 am

How much stock do you put in seat maps? So far bookings from CMH are terrible if seat maps can be believed . Probably doesn’t help that each of their cities except one are already served.

Rookinla

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:34 am

In fact, here’s a specific article quoting a Breeze spokesman saying that ORH is not even in the plans…

https://amp.telegram.com/amp/7520504002

Italianflyer

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 am

Anyone notice that their marketing program is practically non-existent? I understand the reality of not spending money on old media like TV or print. However I subscribe to them on almost every social media platform and have yet to receive even a pop up or sponsored content link.

Cboyle

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:04 am

Italianflyer wrote:
Anyone notice that their marketing program is practically non-existent? I understand the reality of not spending money on old media like TV or print. However I subscribe to them on almost every social media platform and have yet to receive even a pop up or sponsored content link.

I’ve heard a few ads for them on the radio here in NH for their PVD flights

Coronado990

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:08 am

Cboyle wrote:
“We’re about to check off another new city on our list tomorrow. Can you guess which one??”

Maybe Jacksonville, Greenville, Asheville, Knoxville or Nashville.

SunsetLimited

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:26 am

cmhman wrote:
How much stock do you put in seat maps? So far bookings from CMH are terrible if seat maps can be believed . Probably doesn’t help that each of their cities except one are already served.

Probably not much since you don’t have to buy a seat, they’ll just auto assign one for you at checkin. And on E-jets, there are no bad seats, so I’d assume a lot of people are doing that.

FlyingElvii

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:29 am

Italianflyer wrote:

Frankly, they don’t need to right now. This is the startup period, the perfect time to weed out issues, and perfect systems, without taking a huge customer service/bad media hit for problems, like has happened to many startups. (Skybus, anyone?)

With everything full or very expensive for the next 8 weeks, they will have the only seats available for many people. Give it time.....
Considering we are still not out of lockdown possibilities yet, they don’t need to push it, and they have plenty of cash on hand.

BTVB6Flyer

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:37 am

SunsetLimited wrote:
cmhman wrote:

Probably not much since you don’t have to buy a seat, they’ll just auto assign one for you at checkin. And on E-jets, there are no bad seats, so I’d assume a lot of people are doing that.

And to that note (good point), if you notice the 'Nicer' seats filled, that's probably a good sign/indicator too. For example, tomorrow's TPA-ORF flight, a good amount of the Nicer seats are filled. Those extra fees add up

PITFlyer330

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:02 pm

Coronado990 wrote:
Cboyle wrote:

Maybe Jacksonville, Greenville, Asheville, Knoxville or Nashville.

Its ORF

CMHtraveler

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:35 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
cmhman wrote:

And to that note (good point), if you notice the 'Nicer' seats filled, that's probably a good sign/indicator too. For example, tomorrow's TPA-ORF flight, a good amount of the Nicer seats are filled. Those extra fees add up

It funny the OP mentioned CMH in particular because I learned about this the hard way just yesterday regarding the same airport.

Over on the Ohio thread I made a post about the mediocre/fair load factor (70% based on seat maps- but with all premium seats sold out) on the very first NK CMH-LAX flight which started yesterday. Another poster with access to the real information came on to explain the same thing; that seat maps are very unreliable for ULCCs and the load factor was actually not 70% but 98% for that leg! So truly we will have no idea how loads are at CMH until someone with knowledge fills us in or until the CRAA board minutes are posted the following month with load factor by airline.

In fact, I would expect there would be even more of a drop off from actual seats sold to seat map on Breeze compared to NK because as the poster above mentioned, there are no bad seats on a 2x2 ERJ. On an A320, there are definitely bad seats so I would expect more passengers to pay for an aisle or window.
Last edited by CMHtraveler on Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lightsaber

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:35 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:

It funny the OP mentioned CMH in particular because I learned about this the hard way just yesterday regarding the same airport.

Over on the Ohio thread I made a post about the mediocre/fair load factor (70% based on seat maps- but with all premium seats sold out) on the very first NK CMH-LAX flight which started yesterday. Another poster with access to the real information came on to explain the same thing; that seat maps are very unreliable for ULCCs and the load factor was actually not 70% but 98% for that leg! So truly we will have no idea how loads are at CMH until someone with knowledge fills us in or until the CRAA board minutes are posted the following month with load factor by airline.

In fact, I would expect there would be even more of a drop off from actual seats sold to seat map on Breeze compared to NK because as the poster above mentioned, there are no bad seats on a 2x2 ERJ. On an A320, there are definitely bad seats so I would expect more passengers to pay for an aisle or window.

They sell seats until the plane fills. There will always be people, in particular those flying solo, who don't pay for seats. So until every seat is sold, the seat map will highlight available seats and I imagine couples will pay the extra (going from memory) $30 to sit next to each other.

Lightsaber

SkyVoice

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:20 am

Cboyle wrote:
Italianflyer wrote:

I’ve heard a few ads for them on the radio here in NH for their PVD flights

They are wise to advertise on terrestrial radio! That way, they will get immediate impact. They can pinpoint their targeted ages & demographics for those they feel are most likely to fill their planes. They will get good value for the money spent, and if they need to make changes to their messages, that can be done almost immediately.

I don't like that they have shunned human contact in their reservations & customer service departments, but I like that Breeze is using local terrestrial radio to get their targeted messages out.

bigb

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:30 am

Rookinla wrote:
WHAT ABOUT PHF, SBY OR ORH ??? thoes airports are underserved we need BREEZE any chance ??

Based on the likelihood of an ORF focus city, PHF probably isn’t going to happen anytime soon. ORH just got B6 back. Other airlines have not been successful there so it won’t be high on the list of priorities. SBY isn’t going to happen. AA is probably all that SBY will get in the foreseeable future. Unfortunately I don’t see how two airlines would make money flying in such a limited market.[/quote]

PHF doesn’t need service...... ORF and RIC covers the market finely.

flightsimer

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:31 am

SunsetLimited

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:58 pm

FWIW, Breeze flights are now showing up in SABRE. A buddy of mine showed me yesterday. Obviously you can’t sell a flight on MX but the schedules are showing now.

9lflyguy

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:51 pm

Hoping for LIT someday!

b777900

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:29 pm

bigb wrote:
Rookinla wrote:
WHAT ABOUT PHF, SBY OR ORH ??? thoes airports are underserved we need BREEZE any chance ??

Based on the likelihood of an ORF focus city, PHF probably isn’t going to happen anytime soon. ORH just got B6 back. Other airlines have not been successful there so it won’t be high on the list of priorities. SBY isn’t going to happen. AA is probably all that SBY will get in the foreseeable future. Unfortunately I don’t see how two airlines would make money flying in such a limited market.

PHF doesn’t need service...... ORF and RIC covers the market finely.[/quote]

Yes we do need more choices in PHF we have all those empty gates and no one to use them, Breeze would be a great addition just like WN keeps going back and forth to IAH, since they have HOU . Same thing Breeze could do in PHF and ORF..

bigb

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:15 pm

b777900 wrote:
bigb wrote:
Rookinla wrote:

PHF doesn’t need service...... ORF and RIC covers the market finely.

Yes we do need more choices in PHF we have all those empty gates and no one to use them, Breeze would be a great addition just like WN keeps going back and forth to IAH, since they have HOU . Same thing Breeze could do in PHF and ORF..[/quote]

Being from the Houston area and living in Hampton Roads and working in the industry here. One simply can not compare both markets. ORF alone covers the market well hence is why PHF doesn’t see much service and air carriers aren’t running to PHF.

Someone83

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:28 pm

Am i just filtering the wrong way, or hasn't Breeze operated any flight yesterday and today?

FLYKTPA

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:30 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Am i just filtering the wrong way, or hasn't Breeze operated any flight yesterday and today?

Breeze takes the slow days off, so the middle of the week. Similar to Allegiant’s style. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are slower for leisure travel.

ryanrap1

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Does anyone know how advanced bookings are looking for each of the stations?

VS4ever

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:11 pm

ryanrap1 wrote:
Does anyone know how advanced bookings are looking for each of the stations?

i doubt anyone is going to post that here. That's kind of confidential information to the airline. I mean the Rev management department will know along with certain parts of the business, but anyone posting here, is playing a dangerous game. Even the CEO would usually only say, numbers look good or look challenging.

I get everyone wants to know how they are doing, me included. But there's just some info, you don't post...

MavyWavyATR

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:43 pm

Now that Breeze has operated flights for a bit, I'm curious to know how the routes are doing in terms of load factor as well as profitability.

jco613

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:53 pm

My company produces the Louisville city Fc television broadcasts and we had a new sponsor added: Breeze Airways! Hopefully this is the first of many sports ads for the carrier.

adam47150

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:58 pm

jco613 wrote:
My company produces the Louisville city Fc television broadcasts and we had a new sponsor added: Breeze Airways! Hopefully this is the first of many sports ads for the carrier.

I cheered when I saw that Breeze was the sponsor of last night's LouCity match! My wife thought I was crazy...lol. I hope they sponsor more LouCity matches!

johnboy

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:44 pm

I’m curious if they have ads in markets around SDF? Lexington, Evansville, etc.

jco613

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:53 pm

adam47150 wrote:
jco613 wrote:

I cheered when I saw that Breeze was the sponsor of last night's LouCity match! My wife thought I was crazy...lol. I hope they sponsor more LouCity matches!

Thank you for watching and keeping my company in business!!!

johnboy wrote:

I know the LouCity ads are actually purchased by the airport and then they sublease the space to the airline, so I wouldn't read too much into it...but at least it's something! Spirit was the sponsor of an earlier match FWIW.

OKCDCA

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:23 pm

Breeze got $300K in incentives from OKC for starting service: https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/20 ... 690878002/

Guessing OKC wasn’t the only one who offered incentives.

lightsaber

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 pm

OKCDCA wrote:
Breeze got $300K in incentives from OKC for starting service: https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/20 ... 690878002/

I concur that many will offer. This reduces risk, so earlier service. A win-win.

$300k for an airline isn't much, but enough to choose one city over another.

Lightsaber

Bluegrass60

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:35 pm

I wonder if Breeze selected the cities first then asked for incentives or vice versa? I suspect SDF was able to offer reduced landing fee's (made possible by Worldport presence) and joint marketing support. SDF has an air service initiative with State funds...not sure it applies to the initial Breeze routes as SDF already had NS service to TPA (WN), MSY and CHS on Allegiant.

B6JFKH81

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:08 pm

MavyWavyATR wrote:
Now that Breeze has operated flights for a bit, I'm curious to know how the routes are doing in terms of load factor as well as profitability.

Considering it is not a publicly traded company, nor a major airline, they typically don't have to do the quarterly earnings press releases. So, unless Breeze gives the information out of the goodness of their heart, I doubt we'll hear about profitability or any financial information from them.

jetmatt777

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:15 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
I wonder if Breeze selected the cities first then asked for incentives or vice versa? I suspect SDF was able to offer reduced landing fee's (made possible by Worldport presence) and joint marketing support. SDF has an air service initiative with State funds...not sure it applies to the initial Breeze routes as SDF already had NS service to TPA (WN), MSY and CHS on Allegiant.

I know OKC's incentives are automatic in nature and are not necessarily "recruiting" funds. A few things can get you their incentives: such as being a new carrier signing a signatory lease agreement; or an existing or new carrier offering new nonstop service to an identified "wishlist" city. OKC does not write a cash check to the airline in these cases, but will deposit the money to a local advertising agency (Ackerman McQueen) to be used by the carrier for advertising of the new route.

WaywardMemphian

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:02 pm

The skies must be calm for Breeze. No news is good news.

msycajun

Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:31 pm

I didn't see it mentioned here, but I just noticed that Google Flights is now showing prices for Breeze flights. Should help them reach more people who don't follow travel news.

SkyVoice

Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:17 am

johnboy wrote:

Good question! I listen to radio stations in Lexington, but I haven't heard anything about Breeze on any of them. I have neither heard nor seen any Breeze advertising in the Cincinnati market, which is where I actually live. Back when SkyBus was in business, they ran radio ads in Cincinnati, even though all of their flights in this region were in & out of Columbus (CMH), with no flights to CVG at all. Nowadays, it would make sense for Breeze to run an ad campaign in the Cincinnati market for their service in Louisville and Columbus!

WaywardMemphian

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:41 pm

SkyVoice wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Good question! I listen to radio stations in Lexington, but I haven't heard anything about Breeze on any of them. I have neither heard nor seen any Breeze advertising in the Cincinnati market, which is where I actually live. Back when SkyBus was in business, they ran radio ads in Cincinnati, even though all of their flights in this region were in & out of Columbus (CMH), with no flights to CVG at all. Nowadays, it would make sense for Breeze to run an ad campaign in the Cincinnati market for their service in Louisville and Columbus!

I haven't heard Breeze ads but I have heard San Antonio Tourism ads and quite a few here in Northwest Arkansas.

DeltaRules

Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:32 am

OKCDCA wrote:

JobsOhio offered them incentives to start CMH and CAK. Given the amount of hype and response from dignitaries (Governor, Mayor, City Council) for CMH, I have to wonder if they're angling for additional service down the line as they expand.

BOSman

Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:59 pm

I'm happy to say that I've seen quite a bit of advertising in the PVD area. In fact, I saw an ad on a billboard along I-95 well into Massachusetts! I was a bit worried that they wouldn't be advertising enough; a few years ago SY had flights from PVD to BNA, LAS, and MSY, but I didn't see a single ad. PVD had billboards announcing new nonstop service to those cities, but not who was flying them. And when I told someone about how I flew SY to a conference to New Orleans, nobody had heard of them. Thankfully that's not the case with Breeze, and when I mention their name to someone who might fly them, they already know who they are.

Bluegrass60

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:48 pm

I see lots of ads on FB and Google

georgiabill

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:57 pm

I wonder as their fleet grows would they do a WN maneuver and add MHT to serve communities north of Boston like they are using PVD to cover communities south of Boston?

yyztpa2

Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:04 pm

georgiabill wrote:
I wonder as their fleet grows would they do a WN maneuver and add MHT to serve communities north of Boston like they are using PVD to cover communities south of Boston?

They are shown with 8 E190s available but their flying to date is only with the 3 E195s.

BOSman

Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:34 pm

georgiabill wrote:

I don't see why not. PVD and MHT need an airline that's not going to figure that they can serve the same passenger at BOS. I don't think that the networks out of both airports would mirror each other as PVD is bigger though.

I wonder if MX would be interested in some niche markets using secondary or even tertiary airports that are relatively short but with high O&D. Something like PVD/MHT-HEF (Manassas, VA) for example. While this is 4Q 2019 data, Boston Area-Washington Area had almost 8,000 PDEW. I'm sure they could fill a plane on a route like that.

Bluegrass60 wrote:
I see lots of ads on FB and Google

I haven't seen any ads there myself, but PVD's Facebook page mentions MX a lot. There are plenty of those medium-size routes that MX can make money on, but they need enough pax to know they are there. Fortunately they are doing a good job with that, unlike SY, G4, and F9 who relied too much on word of mouth.

yyztpa

Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:40 pm

yyztpa2 wrote:
georgiabill wrote:

They are shown with 8 E190s available but their flying to date is only with the 3 E195s.

Folowing up on my earlier message, when and where are Breeze intending to use the E190s? That's a considerable fleet sitting idle.

bretonrlong

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:40 pm

Going to book MSY>TUL>MSY end of June. Showing E-190

SunsetLimited

Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:36 am

3 of the E90s are going to be based in MSY.

MO11

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:10 am

yyztpa wrote:
yyztpa2 wrote:
georgiabill wrote:

Folowing up on my earlier message, when and where are Breeze intending to use the E190s? That's a considerable fleet sitting idle.

Scheduled to start Thursday. CAK-CHS, CMH-CHS, MSY-CHS, PIT-CHS, RIC-CHS. BDL-CHS switches from a 195 to a 190. There's a significant ramp up of operations for the remainder of the month.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos