Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lightsaber

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:23 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:

Maybe there are cheap for a very good reason? Everyone else dropped them like a bad habit.

E190s have high variable costs. So when it was a popular plane, it was pushed out of duty as before the airlines were flying high utilization.

Plane acquisition cost - bought or financed - isn't the biggest cost element for a U.S. passenger air carrier. The cheap fuel of early Covid is gone - we're back at 2019 avg price per gallon. Frontier, Allegiant and Spirit certainly don't make money on 50% load factors -- proof is in the margins. And they all have economies of scale that Breeze does not.

Hence low utilization duty on high demand (yield) only which does require low acquisition costs.

Breeze has chosen the low utilization/high yield model vs. the JetBlue high utilization/low yield model. High utilization requires minimizing variable costs where fixed costs become just a factor of variable costs Low utilization requires workable variable costs while minimizing fixed costs.

Breeze has a workable model in my opinion with just the e-jets. The A220s add many more potential destinations and will, in my opinion, shift part of the service to high utilization thanks to the low A220 variable costs.

Short term, there are so many qualified Ejet pilots looking for employment that I believe that further helps the economics. I agree low oil is over. That is why Ejets won't fly on low yield days. I've become a huge fan of the only fly on high yield days model. The majors have subfleets of used aircraft for this purpose, in my opinion.

I do think there is a limited good profit market with the E-jets, in particular the E190. Perhaps for up to 80 aircraft (but only at the right price). A better potential with the A220. Long term, I expect an all A220 fleet.

Lightsaber

Blueknows

Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:28 pm

I think you will see them operate out of PSM(Portsmouth, Nh). G4 is only operating carrier, and they are upgrading if terminal and facilities. Breeze could run that airport like they did back in day LGB

jasoncrh

Breeze Schedule Change at CHS?

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:02 pm

Did Breeze just quietly slip through a major schedule change at Charleston (CHS) without any fanfare? I was just looking at the app and in several markets such as SDF I now only see two flights a week going out far into the schedule. They definitely started with 3-4 flights a week in many markets. Indeed, when I looked at the schedule last week, I could have sworn I saw 4 flights this week from CHS to SDF and other markets. Now I just see 2 going far out. Does anybody have any insight? I'm frankly not surprised as the seat maps always looked pretty sparse... but still. Any comments? Thank you for any insight.

Runway28L

Re: Breeze Schedule Change at CHS?

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:07 pm

Yep, Breeze made cuts throughout its entire network about a day or two ago. Supposedly, it is due to the FAA taking longer than expected to certify the rest of their E190s. As a result, I guess that routes with the weakest performance are seeing a reduction in frequencies to make up for the shortage of aircraft.

RicFlyer

Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:44 pm

Just saw this too! RIC is down to two flights a week to CHS, Monday and Friday. MSY & TPA schedules did not change here at RIC.

ATLgaUSA

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:26 pm

All HSV flights were cut to twice a week.

lightsaber

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:42 pm

Runway28L wrote:
Yep, Breeze made cuts throughout its entire network about a day or two ago. Supposedly, it is due to the FAA taking longer than expected to certify the rest of their E190s. As a result, I guess that routes with the weakest performance are seeing a reduction in frequencies to make up for the shortage of aircraft.

It only makes sense to maximize limited assets. It is really bad PR to cancel new destinations, not that big a deal to adjust frequency.

Lightsaber

Bluegrass60

Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:52 pm

Looks like CHS-SDF, CMH, RIC, HSV and maybe others were cut to 2/Week. Rest of SDF to MSY/TPA continue at 4 flights/week thru Feb 2022.

MavyWavyATR

Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:57 pm

Looking at MX's route map, how long do you think until they start to concentrate most of their flights into a single hub instead of the point to point (I think) map they use right now?

sfojvjets

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:23 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
"In October, Breeze plans to begin service from two additional southeastern airports with service primarily to the northeast"...I think this means 2 new cities in the SE. A220 deliveries begin in Oct than 1/mo going forward. Suspect they will be used on NE/MW/SE to FL/SW during the winter months. West Coast service (SFO, SEA...) to SDF, RIC, ORF, PVD, BDL....starts up in Spring 2022 is my guess.

Would personally love to see this. I hope they do as you say and serve bigger cities out west rather than secondary ones. For example, I couldn't imagine SDF to SJC or OAK working out. But if they go with SFO, I'm sure they'll be successful. Hope to see them here out west within the next year.
*Edited to fix grammar

flightsimer

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:26 pm

MavyWavyATR wrote:
Looking at MX's route map, how long do you think until they start to concentrate most of their flights into a single hub instead of the point to point (I think) map they use right now?

They won’t. The entire business model is to do point to point just like Allegiant.

As far as the cuts, I’m not going to go into details, but multiple factors have caused us to adjust the schedule for the time being. In my opinion, we would rather make the adjustment now rather than risk future potential disruptions to our guest’s travel experiences.

RicFlyer

Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:32 am

Was looking to the flight RIC-TPA , July 22, only 18 unassigned seats out of 118 with I am sure some more to check in before tomorrow's flight at 3:05pm. The MSY flight tomorrow, July 22, has 36 unassigned seats. Again I am sure more will check in before the 4:40 pm take-off. So the load looks much better then the CHS first flight. (I was checking flights at 8:30pm eastern.)

flightsimer

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:33 am

RicFlyer wrote:
Was looking to the flight RIC-TPA , July 22, only 18 unassigned seats out of 118 with I am sure some more to check in before tomorrow's flight at 3:05pm. The MSY flight tomorrow, July 22, has 36 unassigned seats. Again I am sure more will check in before the 4:40 pm take-off. So the load looks much better then the CHS first flight. (I was checking flights at 8:30pm eastern.)

And of those 18, some are seats that will be assigned at the gate.

ASFlyer

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:09 am

Wneast wrote:
Wneast wrote:
ASFlyer wrote:

That seems really far off. I mean, who can say what's going to happen years from now? Breeze may head west but it sounds like they're trying to find a niche in the southeast at the moment and their business model seems to be based on fairly short flights. Unless they take a drastic turn, I think BOI is pretty far off.

You think it’s years off why ? They literally said the airbus would be used to launch the west coast and they start delivering in October at one per month. I think your being a little skeptical it’s not going take them years to make it BOI. You know there base on short flights right now because they literally started and they said themselves with the e190 and e195 so they didn’t have to wait for their first a220.
They aren’t going to be short flights for very long idk what your talking about.

why did you ask what people thought if you just wanted someone to agree with you? I stand by what I said. My opinion (which is worth as much as yours) is that Breeze is going to solidify their east coast stuff before they head west.

hooforce

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:01 am

RicFlyer wrote:

I checked this morning and it looked even better - only 11 seats unassigned for the RIC-TPA flight and for today’s RIC-MSY flight there were 37 seats unassigned. Again, these will go down as many seats are assigned at the gate.

I also noticed that the RIC-CHS flights appears less frequently (only 2 times a week). Are you guys seeing that as well (just noticed that someone else mentioned the reduction in flights). I never had high hope for this route…and oddly enough, CHS is a base for Breeze! Was it a mistake on Breeze’s part to have CHS as a base/hub? Who is flocking to CHS? Nice town, but a hub? Not so sure.

DaCubbyBearBar

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:11 am

Breeze management knows what they are doing…. Not worried about a few hiccups early on

lightsaber

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:22 pm

flightsimer wrote:
MavyWavyATR wrote:

They won’t. The entire business model is to do point to point just like Allegiant.

As far as the cuts, I’m not going to go into details, but multiple factors have caused us to adjust the schedule for the time being. In my opinion, we would rather make the adjustment now rather than risk future potential disruptions to our guest’s travel experiences.

As to the business model I agree. However, it almost seems like two business models based on aircraft type.
1. Model A, with initially used E-jets, crew sleep at home (no hotel costs) and very low utilization as only flying when yields are high. Very lux Allegiant model with an emphasis on a better customer experience.
2. Model B with A220: Some flying like Model A, but longer routes and hoteling. Much higher utilization and still a Neeleman customer experience.

Adjustments happen a lot with an Allegiant model, in my opinion. Shen aiming for a better customer experience, I speculate Breeze will adjust even more.

Breeze needs a dozen more destinations and a few more pilot bases before they begin to settle out. If there is a holdup inducting aircraft as posted upthread, then more adjustments happen now.

Honestly, it is a shakedown cruise in 2021. They really opperate as a competitive airline in 2022. Everything until then is upgrading software (including the app) for yield management, figuring out route profitability and ideal frequency, and testing stations.

If a station doesn't fail, Breeze isn't trying or other airlines left open too many easy routes.

Lightsaber

RicFlyer

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:08 pm

hooforce wrote:
RicFlyer wrote:

I checked this morning and it looked even better - only 11 seats unassigned for the RIC-TPA flight and for today’s RIC-MSY flight there were 37 seats unassigned. Again, these will go down as many seats are assigned at the gate.

I also noticed that the RIC-CHS flights appears less frequently (only 2 times a week). Are you guys seeing that as well (just noticed that someone else mentioned the reduction in flights). I never had high hope for this route…and oddly enough, CHS is a base for Breeze! Was it a mistake on Breeze’s part to have CHS as a base/hub? Who is flocking to CHS? Nice town, but a hub? Not so sure.

The MSY flight at 4:40 today (July 22) now (2:04pm) shows only 29 seats out of 118 not assigned. Again some of those will be assigned before departure. The TPA flight for today shows 10 out of 118 not assigned. I think those are good numbers for flights that just started.

altairF28

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:10 pm

So both new startups are experiencing delays with the FAA certifying their planes. Hmmmm...... If I didn't know any better :stirthepot: .

kwp302

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:20 pm

I’m not at all surprised at the SDF-CHS cutback considering Allegiant started flying that route on the same exact day. What gets me is Breeze went to M,F only…which happens to be the same days Allegiant flies. All of the MX routes out of SDF have at least seasonal competition…heck, they will be going up against 3 other airlines to the Tampa area (WN, G4, and NK) come November

pmanni1

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:34 am

Here's a full summary of all of the cuts. Doesn't bode well for them to have brand new customers already seeing their flights changed or cancelled altogether. https://thepointsguy.com/news/breeze-ai ... eductions/

smittythepirate

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Iwn ars mornig the cancellations. Main reason being a delay in adding new planes to the fleet.

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/breeze- ... w-aircraft

BangersAndMash

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:00 pm

Makes them still look lousy ... if it's even true. Anyone want to play airline BS bingo? :D

SunsetLimited

Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:10 pm

BangersAndMash wrote:
Makes them still look lousy ... if it's even true. Anyone want to play airline BS bingo? :D

I don’t know, but if I hear one more MX gate agent at MSY announce “flight xxx is now boarding for Arkansas”, I think I’m going to lose it lol. This one person in particular can’t even say Northwest Arkansas or even something simple like XNA... but just Arkansas? Come on, you have to do better.

Flflyer83

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:23 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

I don’t know, but if I hear one more MX gate agent at MSY announce “flight xxx is now boarding for Arkansas”, I think I’m going to lose it lol. This one person in particular can’t even say Northwest Arkansas or even something simple like XNA... but just Arkansas? Come on, you have to do better.

Which other airport in Arkansas does MX serve? Do you get this irritated when they say New York instead of New York City?

SunsetLimited

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:33 pm

Flflyer83 wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

Which other airport in Arkansas does MX serve? Do you get this irritated when they say New York instead of New York City?

That’s not the point. At least name the city or airport. It comes across as amateurish.

Metrocard

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:33 pm

Flflyer83 wrote:

The difference is that the city is actually named—you guessed it, New York—and more often than not they will be saying “LaGuardia” or “Kennedy/JFK” with New York sometimes affixed.

What that poster described is the equivalent of boarding a flight to Houston but announcing “United Airlines 1003 with nonstop service to TEXAS is now boarding at……”

The short of it is that Breeze needs to get it together and quickly. Their social media pages are filled with complaints and demands for refunds at this point. That’s the first thing someone sees when attempting to contact customer service.

Metrocard

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:42 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:

I have an even better one. Leaving out of CHS the flight scheduled and posted from A1 was leaving from A2 while the flight scheduled to leave from A2 was leaving from A1. Nevermind that a 3rd MX flight was on the screen “boarding” at A1. Anyway, gate agents at both gates were making announcements for the same flight and seemed to be just as confused as the passengers. One didn’t even know the flight number and was just calling the destination until she paused and read it off from a sticky pad mid announcement.

Anyway, the flight actually left on time (10 min late vs 2 hrs) so I think everyone was too grateful for an on time departure to be concerned with the other shenanigans.

Also the gate agents at MSY seem to have had little to no training at all when it comes to operating a jetway and opening doors at the gate.

flightsimer

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Gate agents are not Breeze Employees btw, They are contractors currently.

Metrocard

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:10 pm

flightsimer wrote:

Yet, they represent Breeze and are what first impressions of the company by most customers will be based on. It’s Breeze’s responsibility to make sure that these people who are wearing their shirts and name badges—whether employees or not—know company operating procedures and essentially know how to do their jobs. The same can be said for any regional cabin/flight/ground crew members or small town airport staff wearing a Big 3 uniform yet we don’t have these issues and customer experience is seamless 99% of the time.

When people are having to sit on planes for 20 minutes while someone struggles to operate a jetway, or when planes are allegedly landing with no bags (according to several customer complaints online) people are looking at what company was contracted out to do XYZ, they are looking at Breeze. When gate agents don’t know what flights they are boarding or ground staff can’t track a checked bag between a single point to point turn it’s Breeze who looks bad and until they get this **** their reputation will sink further and further. At this point you have local news stations interviewing passengers about their “awful” experiences.

dabpit

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Metrocard wrote:
flightsimer wrote:

Yet, they represent Breeze and are what first impressions of the company by most customers will be based on. It’s Breeze’s responsibility to make sure that these people who are wearing their shirts and name badges—whether employees or not—know company operating procedures and essentially know how to do their jobs. The same can be said for any regional cabin/flight/ground crew members or small town airport staff wearing a Big 3 uniform yet we don’t have these issues and customer experience is seamless 99% of the time.

When people are having to sit on planes for 20 minutes while someone struggles to operate a jetway, or when planes are allegedly landing with no bags (according to several customer complaints online) people are looking at what company was contracted out to do XYZ, they are looking at Breeze. When gate agents don’t know what flights they are boarding or ground staff can’t track a checked bag between a single point to point turn it’s Breeze who looks bad and until they get this **** their reputation will sink further and further. At this point you have local news stations interviewing passengers about their “awful” experiences.

Given that most of Breeze’s stations are handled by GAT and the person responsible for station operations at Breeze is a former GAT VP it makes it all the worse. Hopefully Breeze actually hires staff that know what they are doing compared to hiring based on “who knows who”.

braniff2hav

Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:05 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

That is just horrible. I blame management and a lack of training from the persons supervisor. They obviously are tolerating such.

flightsimer

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 pm

braniff2hav wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
BangersAndMash wrote:

That is just horrible. I blame management and a lack of training from the persons supervisor. They obviously are tolerating such.

As of last week stations were already getting retrained for other issues. Unfortunately, we don’t control how they act but us Crews have been reporting it as we see it.

SonomaFlyer

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:19 pm

flightsimer wrote:
As of last week stations were already getting retrained for other issues. Unfortunately, we don’t control how they act but us Crews have been reporting it as we see it.

I think in this day and age, folks know the flight they are boarding. It's on the app, the monitor at the airport etc. It's not awesome but its not the end of the world either.

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:30 am

dabpit wrote:
Metrocard wrote:
flightsimer wrote:

Given that most of Breeze’s stations are handled by GAT and the person responsible for station operations at Breeze is a former GAT VP it makes it all the worse. Hopefully Breeze actually hires staff that know what they are doing compared to hiring based on “who knows who”.

Only four stations are handled by GAT according to their website - "we are Breeze's partner providing full handling services in CHS, PIT, RIC, and MSY." So, that leaves other companies (good luck finding out who they are) to handle other stations, such as TPA. So, in reality, if there's an issue with a particular flight between two cities, you will have two different companies with contracted employees trying to sort it out.

There are some very good people who have been hired across the Breeze network who who have no clue as to how to perform their job. And, it's not their fault.

Metrocard

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:02 am

SonomaFlyer wrote:
I think in this day and age, folks know the flight they are boarding. It's on the app, the monitor at the airport etc. It's not awesome but its not the end of the world either.

Except in the case of Breeze this hasn’t been the case at all. In my shared experience with others the monitors regularly show incorrect information, information that hasn’t been updated, or nothing at all. Also for an “app based tech company that just happens to fly planes” the app itself provides very little information and the information that it does provide—which hasn’t included a gate assignment for anyone who I know to date—tends to be incongruous with whatever is on the monitors and both probably disagree with what staff is saying.

11725Flyer wrote:
So, in reality, if there's an issue with a particular flight between two cities, you will have two different companies with contracted employees trying to sort it out.

There are some very good people who have been hired across the Breeze network who who have no clue as to how to perform their job. And, it's not their fault.

Yikes and agreed.

Jerseyguy

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:37 am

Metrocard wrote:
What that poster described is the equivalent of boarding a flight to Houston but announcing “United Airlines 1003 with nonstop service to TEXAS is now boarding at……”
The short of it is that Breeze needs to get it together and quickly. Their social media pages are filled with complaints and demands for refunds at this point. That’s the first thing someone sees when attempting to contact customer service.

Ok, so the other issues like delays and problems operating the jetbridges, fine thats a reasonable complaint. But if I just paid $39 to fly from New Orleans to XNA, I don't care if they say Arkansas when they only operate three destinations and its the only one in Arkansas.

Jerseyguy

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:22 am

Metrocard wrote:

Just be thankful they didn't say "Breeze Airways flight 123 to Walmartville".. jk (my apologies to all from the Bentonville Area, I'm sure its a nice place)

Coronado990

Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:45 pm

I dunno, if someone said I was flying to Arkansas, I would assume the largest city in the middle of the state that also happens to be the capital...Little Rock. Geography 101.

joeblow10

Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:38 pm

Not trying to go out of my way to defend Breeze - but these sorts of issues with contracted gate agents are why flying any of the ULCCs is often a mess. It’s the same story everywhere: underpaid third party contractors with no motivation or real connection to the operation often do a subpar job. Heck, SY outsourced their labor at MSP, and then brought it back in house when it turned out to twice be a disaster with different companies.

I find it funny reading through some of the complaints on here. Have you flown through DEN during a busy time for F9 or LAS during a busy time for NK? They obviously can’t help it but when the agent is making airport wide PA’s, I cannot count the number of times I can’t even understand what city they are saying in broken English. This isn’t just something that happens with one gate agent at Breeze

Unless they bring labor in house, these issues will always be a thing. And unfortunately, even the big guys are continuing the route of outsourced labor at outstations, which can be just as much of a mess.

Jerseyguy

Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:37 pm

Coronado990 wrote:
I dunno, if someone said I was flying to Arkansas, I would assume the largest city in the middle of the state that also happens to be the capital...Little Rock. Geography 101.

You know what they say when you ASSume. I bet the passengers who were on the XNA flight figured out that they meant Bentonville or let's be accurate Highfill, AR..common sense 101 /situational awareness 101

JoseSalazar

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:17 pm

Coronado990 wrote:

If you were flying into EWR LGA or JFK and the gate agent said “flight XXX boarding for New York” and left out “City” would you assume they are going to the capital (Albany)? Probably not. I get the imprecise issue with calling XNA Arkansas, but sitting in a terminal with a ticket I bought to XNA, I doubt there’d be much confusion if they called it Arkansas vs northwest Arkansas vs bentonville. Maybe if there was a flight at the next gate over to KLIT or something I could see some confusion. I think this mistake is being overblown. My American flight attendant the other day said welcome aboard flight XXXX to Phoenix’s McCarran airport (never corrected herself). Got a few WTFs from the passengers, but that was it. Don’t think this is any worse. But, that’s just me.

lightsaber

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:34 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
I think this mistake is being overblown. My American flight attendant the other day said welcome aboard flight XXXX to Phoenix’s McCarran airport (never corrected herself). Got a few WTFs from the passengers, but that was it. Don’t think this is any worse. But, that’s just me.

I agree. There seems to be a lot of "crab potting" where the discussion is to pull down Breeze (or other airlines, or A vs. B or A vs. E or...). If Breeze had a broader route map, that would be of concern, but they don't. There route map is so simple, I see no confusion possible:
https://www.flightconnections.com/route ... airways-mx
Or use the Breeze homepage route map: https://www.flybreeze.com/home

If they want to call their one destination in that state Texas or Louisiana, I see little issue. From what I see, their yield is pretty good.

Honestly, the only issue I see is they need the range and economics of the A220 to connect some dots to other dots. :yawn: That will happen, just really start of next year as they will receive so few A220 in 2021. Actually, their issue seems to be lack of aircraft. A classy type of problem to have.

To others:
I recall (sorry, I couldn't find a link) on the naysayers on JetBlue early threads. Yet they are still here. I like Neelman's concepts on airlines. Perhaps because I am in his target markets. The app seems well done, I just live in greater Los Angeles and Breeze is not yet an option (nor should it be today, in my opinion).

The #1 issue for an airline is cost control and Breeze seems to have that in control. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but their launch has gone better than I hoped from the indicators I see. I don't know about cash flow, but they seem to be building a following quickly a la JetBlue.

I see a lack of Florida destinations relative to stations outside of Florida. Now, I'm not sure Breeze is ready for MCO, FLL, or MIA, but they'll have to next year, in my opinion. But they are constrained by their AOC conditions limiting them to 22 "large" aircraft (airfleets has 7 aircraft, Wikipedia 11, I believe the difference is the time to onboard and register an aircraft). With discount used aircraft, one expects some paperwork issues (possible real issues too).
https://www.iatanews.com/2021/03/10/bre ... s-its-aoc/

https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Bre ... e-e190.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeze_Airways
My opinion is they'll be allowed more aircraft, but after enough time so it looks like for now slow station growth. Neeleman and team know the E19x well. They know the capabilities and limitations. They'll accumulate more aircraft and add more destinations. They seem to have the ability to pull this off.

Lightsaber

Bluegrass60

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:32 pm

"...In October, Breeze plans to begin service from two additional southeastern airports with service primarily to the northeast, see Exhibit T-1 at 7." JAX and ECP perhaps the 2 southeastern airport adds?

lightsaber

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
"...In October, Breeze plans to begin service from two additional southeastern airports with service primarily to the northeast, see Exhibit T-1 at 7." JAX and ECP perhaps the 2 southeastern airport adds?

I personally would love to see JAX (Jacksonville) added.

I'm most excited about MX and the A220. Now I assume their prior press was accurate where the E19x crew are back home every night and the A220 crews will hotel living a more typical airline lifestyle. This means a rapid addition of new cities, but also more competitive seat costs allowing some head to head (e.g., PVG to TPA or Hartford to TPA as one example destination I think the E19x isn't competitive enough, but the A220 would be).

Does anyone know the current A220 delivery schedule? The links I found were out of date with early 2021 deliveries, while the ones noting the correct October first delivery lack detail of how many in 2021, 2022, and 2023. I do like the fact that Breeze is looking for more A220 range (I am of the opinion Korean Air, JetBlue, and AirBaltic would buy A223s with an ACT, which I believe is enough of a business case for engineering and certifying the addition).
https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/breeze- ... 220-order/

It will be interesting where Breeze expands in the North. I'm curious if they will expand PIT a lot more. My opinion is the post US hub leaves an opportunity at PIT. I also perceive an opportunity in Milwaukee, but due to the greater route lengths I envision, perhaps not until the A220?

Breeze must add new cities for the free advertising but also needs the, in my opinion, easier profit off building off an existing customer base. I really expect the number of new routes vs. connecting the dots to be equal in 2022. It seems reasonable their next step is the two suggested cities in Florida.

Lightsaber

Moose135

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:25 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
If you were flying into EWR LGA or JFK and the gate agent said “flight XXX boarding for New York” and left out “City” would you assume they are going to the capital (Albany)?

No, because "New York" is the actual name of the city. Now, if that was all the said, I would want to make sure I was on a flight going to the airport I intended to arrive at.

Metrocard

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:37 pm

lightsaber wrote:
I agree. There seems to be a lot of "crab potting"...
Lightsaber

...and what appears to be, and can be argued, an equal amount of fanboying

Does referring to XNA as "Arkansas" make or break the trip? No. Did most people at the gate even notice it? Probably not. Will they still get to Bentonville at the end of the day? Considering the way that things have been going at Breeze it'll probably be the next morning or afternoon but they'll get there. If it's some random, isolated event that I'm reading about on a forum then it's probably eye-roll worthy at best and arguably unprofessional. Having experienced the operations first hand at two different stations, hearing it in context would more likely suggest that the gate agent probably didn't know where the plane was going. I think it's easy to jump on and dismiss the state name vs city name complaint —while ignoring many of the others—but ultimately the ground operations are beyond terrible at the moment. I haven't gotten the impression—and I could be wrong—that anyone here wants Breeze to fail or wants to dump on them. The fact of the matter is that they need to get it together in terms of soft product. Personally, I only booked with Breeze to support and out of interest due to a fondness of Neelman's other products (JetBlue, Azul). I could have easily saved money and time (even with a stop in ATL) booking with Delta, but chose Breeze for the experience. It was not as advertised or what one has come to expect from Neelman. I hope they figure it out and win.

SunsetLimited

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:54 pm

I’d still fly MX, in fact I have some credits to use (though I’ll probably wait until they become more reliable operationally), and I want to see the airline thrive. I mentioned the “Arkansas” thing because it honestly made me laugh when I heard it and it gave me a poor impression. Yeah, of course we all know ground handling companies like GAT aren’t exactly known for stellar above wing staff. Perhaps things will improve in time.

At the end of the day, no, it’s not the end of the world, but I would think a brand new carrier would want to make as good of a first impression as possible, especially in highly competitive markets where they are trying to steal market share away from the big guys.

DakotaFlyer

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:08 am

Sort of related to Breeze expansion, but I wonder when the U.S. Census releases city population numbers later this year if airlines such as Breeze and Allegiant will look at more expansion into growing metros.

TTraider95

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 am

I got to try them out between OKC-SAT today and it was an average flight. I say the flight had maybe 35-40 people on it.

One issue I did have was the app and the airport screens never showed which gate the flight was going out of it. Does anybody know if that is system wide or if OKC is taking their sweet time to update their screens.

It looks like ATS handles them in OKC and the company formally known as DGS handles them in SAT.