Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 1706
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am

lightsaber wrote:
marcogr12 wrote:
Instead of flying the E195, why don't they order the smaller member of the A220 family, the A221 for thinner routes and long thin ones? The A221 can seat 125 pax comfortably

Because the E190/195 were acquired cheap.
https://crankyflier.com/2020/02/07/davi ... the-aisle/
On Flying Embraer 195s Short-Haul With Low Utilization
David: I’ve got a bunch of guys on the team that were at Allegiant. And this plane has a 15 to 20 percent lower trip cost than Allegiant’s [A]320. We think we can fly a lot of markets that couldn’t be flown by a 180-seat airplane without planning to have 122 seats on it. So we think between the 74-seat regional planes and 150 to 180 seats, this is a niche that we can fill, and we can serve a lot of markets.

...
We got the planes for a really great price and if you look at what Azul is paying for them versus what we’re paying for them, and then we negotiated some other things on the maintenance side…

Whenever you have a plane that is starting to get parted out, parts are a lot cheaper and they’ll be seven-, eight-year old airplanes. These are ones that came along late in the thing and then the E2s came along so they got obsoleted, but they’re kind of new in a sense. We’ll have an advantage on maintenance, advantage on capital costs. It just works good for low-utilization, four hours a day, five hours a day.[/i]

There is a huge amount more in the link. Quick answer is the E-jets are for low utilization duty. That link notes executives by name who came from Allegiant who really know the "only fly when customers pay more" model of airline. That requires really low purchase costs (so the airline isn't paying much when they sit).

The A220s will, in my opinion, fly a lot more hours per week. They'll fly red-eyes, they will park at distant airports with crew in the hotel instead of the E19x model of you always sleep in your own bed. While the model doesn't really depend on the plane type, it does depend on the purchase price. The A220s are just too expensive (in monthly payments) to be flown as the E19xs are right now.

Now, when the A220s age out, say 12+years after first delivery, they could be put into lower utilization duty. There is a reason Allegiant always buys used (excluding end of the line orders they received a good deal on, I assume), if the aircraft doesn't fly a lot of hours, fixed costs (cost to purchase) matters more than variable costs (cost in maintenance and fuel per flight hour).

Lightsaber

I have heard some rumors about how cheap Neelman got the 190’s for, from people that do that kind of thing. Alliance bought 14 of them in August 2020 for a mere 5.6 mil each, and that included 6 spare engines… (Don’t forget the period they acquired them in, aircraft sitting everywhere they could find parking space, and a couple of hundred still sitting around the world).

https://www.aerotime.aero/25607-aircraft-value-recently

That, and the power-by-hour deal, perfect for a low utilization operation.


I’d say right now aircraft expense is not a major concern, though that could change dramatically when the 220 comes on line.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22903
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:12 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
marcogr12 wrote:
Instead of flying the E195, why don't they order the smaller member of the A220 family, the A221 for thinner routes and long thin ones? The A221 can seat 125 pax comfortably

Because the E190/195 were acquired cheap.
https://crankyflier.com/2020/02/07/davi ... the-aisle/
On Flying Embraer 195s Short-Haul With Low Utilization
David: I’ve got a bunch of guys on the team that were at Allegiant. And this plane has a 15 to 20 percent lower trip cost than Allegiant’s [A]320. We think we can fly a lot of markets that couldn’t be flown by a 180-seat airplane without planning to have 122 seats on it. So we think between the 74-seat regional planes and 150 to 180 seats, this is a niche that we can fill, and we can serve a lot of markets.

...
We got the planes for a really great price and if you look at what Azul is paying for them versus what we’re paying for them, and then we negotiated some other things on the maintenance side…

Whenever you have a plane that is starting to get parted out, parts are a lot cheaper and they’ll be seven-, eight-year old airplanes. These are ones that came along late in the thing and then the E2s came along so they got obsoleted, but they’re kind of new in a sense. We’ll have an advantage on maintenance, advantage on capital costs. It just works good for low-utilization, four hours a day, five hours a day.[/i]

There is a huge amount more in the link. Quick answer is the E-jets are for low utilization duty. That link notes executives by name who came from Allegiant who really know the "only fly when customers pay more" model of airline. That requires really low purchase costs (so the airline isn't paying much when they sit).

The A220s will, in my opinion, fly a lot more hours per week. They'll fly red-eyes, they will park at distant airports with crew in the hotel instead of the E19x model of you always sleep in your own bed. While the model doesn't really depend on the plane type, it does depend on the purchase price. The A220s are just too expensive (in monthly payments) to be flown as the E19xs are right now.

Now, when the A220s age out, say 12+years after first delivery, they could be put into lower utilization duty. There is a reason Allegiant always buys used (excluding end of the line orders they received a good deal on, I assume), if the aircraft doesn't fly a lot of hours, fixed costs (cost to purchase) matters more than variable costs (cost in maintenance and fuel per flight hour).

Lightsaber

I have heard some rumors about how cheap Neelman got the 190’s for, from people that do that kind of thing. Alliance bought 14 of them in August 2020 for a mere 5.6 mil each, and that included 6 spare engines… (Don’t forget the period they acquired them in, aircraft sitting everywhere they could find parking space, and a couple of hundred still sitting around the world).

https://www.aerotime.aero/25607-aircraft-value-recently

That, and the power-by-hour deal, perfect for a low utilization operation.


I’d say right now aircraft expense is not a major concern, though that could change dramatically when the 220 comes on line.

The A220 are more expensive, but with lower per hour costs. They will do well if flown more per day, even if the route is more marginal, thanks to low per seat costs.

The E-jets have low fixed costs, but higher variable costs (even with Breeze claiming their costs are less than Allegiant). So best to only fly them when fares are higher (their current schedule, with several days of the week with aircraft parked). The combination will work well.

Yes, they bought when no one was buying. The A220 won't cut into the E-jet market until they are paid off quite a bit. I have no idea how long the E-jet leases are, but only when they are about to expire is any decision required. At this point, Breeze needs to figure out what the one A220 per month is going to do. :spin: Now, I don't expect any dramatic changes in aircraft acquisition until the limit on the quantity of aircraft is lifted:

The agency granted Breeze a "certificate of public convenience and necessity,” which will allow the airline to carry passengers, freight and mail for interstate travel on up to 22 aircraft for up to one year.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/j ... ets-dot-ok

After that year is up, we will possibly see an E-jet top off order. If the prices go up, less likely.
Lightsaber
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:44 pm

lightsaber wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Because the E190/195 were acquired cheap.
https://crankyflier.com/2020/02/07/davi ... the-aisle/
On Flying Embraer 195s Short-Haul With Low Utilization
David: I’ve got a bunch of guys on the team that were at Allegiant. And this plane has a 15 to 20 percent lower trip cost than Allegiant’s [A]320. We think we can fly a lot of markets that couldn’t be flown by a 180-seat airplane without planning to have 122 seats on it. So we think between the 74-seat regional planes and 150 to 180 seats, this is a niche that we can fill, and we can serve a lot of markets.

...
We got the planes for a really great price and if you look at what Azul is paying for them versus what we’re paying for them, and then we negotiated some other things on the maintenance side…

Whenever you have a plane that is starting to get parted out, parts are a lot cheaper and they’ll be seven-, eight-year old airplanes. These are ones that came along late in the thing and then the E2s came along so they got obsoleted, but they’re kind of new in a sense. We’ll have an advantage on maintenance, advantage on capital costs. It just works good for low-utilization, four hours a day, five hours a day.[/i]

There is a huge amount more in the link. Quick answer is the E-jets are for low utilization duty. That link notes executives by name who came from Allegiant who really know the "only fly when customers pay more" model of airline. That requires really low purchase costs (so the airline isn't paying much when they sit).

The A220s will, in my opinion, fly a lot more hours per week. They'll fly red-eyes, they will park at distant airports with crew in the hotel instead of the E19x model of you always sleep in your own bed. While the model doesn't really depend on the plane type, it does depend on the purchase price. The A220s are just too expensive (in monthly payments) to be flown as the E19xs are right now.

Now, when the A220s age out, say 12+years after first delivery, they could be put into lower utilization duty. There is a reason Allegiant always buys used (excluding end of the line orders they received a good deal on, I assume), if the aircraft doesn't fly a lot of hours, fixed costs (cost to purchase) matters more than variable costs (cost in maintenance and fuel per flight hour).

Lightsaber

I have heard some rumors about how cheap Neelman got the 190’s for, from people that do that kind of thing. Alliance bought 14 of them in August 2020 for a mere 5.6 mil each, and that included 6 spare engines… (Don’t forget the period they acquired them in, aircraft sitting everywhere they could find parking space, and a couple of hundred still sitting around the world).

https://www.aerotime.aero/25607-aircraft-value-recently

That, and the power-by-hour deal, perfect for a low utilization operation.


I’d say right now aircraft expense is not a major concern, though that could change dramatically when the 220 comes on line.

The A220 are more expensive, but with lower per hour costs. They will do well if flown more per day, even if the route is more marginal, thanks to low per seat costs.

The E-jets have low fixed costs, but higher variable costs (even with Breeze claiming their costs are less than Allegiant). So best to only fly them when fares are higher (their current schedule, with several days of the week with aircraft parked). The combination will work well.

Yes, they bought when no one was buying. The A220 won't cut into the E-jet market until they are paid off quite a bit. I have no idea how long the E-jet leases are, but only when they are about to expire is any decision required. At this point, Breeze needs to figure out what the one A220 per month is going to do. :spin: Now, I don't expect any dramatic changes in aircraft acquisition until the limit on the quantity of aircraft is lifted:

The agency granted Breeze a "certificate of public convenience and necessity,” which will allow the airline to carry passengers, freight and mail for interstate travel on up to 22 aircraft for up to one year.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/j ... ets-dot-ok

After that year is up, we will possibly see an E-jet top off order. If the prices go up, less likely.
Lightsaber


I'm sitting here thinking how they could use the A220s.
An example would be to base in TPA, fly the XNA/TUL/OKC routes in the morning, send the planes to the west coast and back during the day, and then back to TPA for the night. But that gets into crewing issues and timing out.
 
luv2cattlecall
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:25 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:47 pm

lightsaber wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Because the E190/195 were acquired cheap.
https://crankyflier.com/2020/02/07/davi ... the-aisle/
On Flying Embraer 195s Short-Haul With Low Utilization
David: I’ve got a bunch of guys on the team that were at Allegiant. And this plane has a 15 to 20 percent lower trip cost than Allegiant’s [A]320. We think we can fly a lot of markets that couldn’t be flown by a 180-seat airplane without planning to have 122 seats on it. So we think between the 74-seat regional planes and 150 to 180 seats, this is a niche that we can fill, and we can serve a lot of markets.

...
We got the planes for a really great price and if you look at what Azul is paying for them versus what we’re paying for them, and then we negotiated some other things on the maintenance side…

Whenever you have a plane that is starting to get parted out, parts are a lot cheaper and they’ll be seven-, eight-year old airplanes. These are ones that came along late in the thing and then the E2s came along so they got obsoleted, but they’re kind of new in a sense. We’ll have an advantage on maintenance, advantage on capital costs. It just works good for low-utilization, four hours a day, five hours a day.[/i]

There is a huge amount more in the link. Quick answer is the E-jets are for low utilization duty. That link notes executives by name who came from Allegiant who really know the "only fly when customers pay more" model of airline. That requires really low purchase costs (so the airline isn't paying much when they sit).

The A220s will, in my opinion, fly a lot more hours per week. They'll fly red-eyes, they will park at distant airports with crew in the hotel instead of the E19x model of you always sleep in your own bed. While the model doesn't really depend on the plane type, it does depend on the purchase price. The A220s are just too expensive (in monthly payments) to be flown as the E19xs are right now.

Now, when the A220s age out, say 12+years after first delivery, they could be put into lower utilization duty. There is a reason Allegiant always buys used (excluding end of the line orders they received a good deal on, I assume), if the aircraft doesn't fly a lot of hours, fixed costs (cost to purchase) matters more than variable costs (cost in maintenance and fuel per flight hour).

Lightsaber

I have heard some rumors about how cheap Neelman got the 190’s for, from people that do that kind of thing. Alliance bought 14 of them in August 2020 for a mere 5.6 mil each, and that included 6 spare engines… (Don’t forget the period they acquired them in, aircraft sitting everywhere they could find parking space, and a couple of hundred still sitting around the world).

https://www.aerotime.aero/25607-aircraft-value-recently

That, and the power-by-hour deal, perfect for a low utilization operation.


I’d say right now aircraft expense is not a major concern, though that could change dramatically when the 220 comes on line.

The A220 are more expensive, but with lower per hour costs. They will do well if flown more per day, even if the route is more marginal, thanks to low per seat costs.

The E-jets have low fixed costs, but higher variable costs (even with Breeze claiming their costs are less than Allegiant). So best to only fly them when fares are higher (their current schedule, with several days of the week with aircraft parked). The combination will work well.

Yes, they bought when no one was buying. The A220 won't cut into the E-jet market until they are paid off quite a bit. I have no idea how long the E-jet leases are, but only when they are about to expire is any decision required. At this point, Breeze needs to figure out what the one A220 per month is going to do. :spin: Now, I don't expect any dramatic changes in aircraft acquisition until the limit on the quantity of aircraft is lifted:

The agency granted Breeze a "certificate of public convenience and necessity,” which will allow the airline to carry passengers, freight and mail for interstate travel on up to 22 aircraft for up to one year.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/j ... ets-dot-ok

After that year is up, we will possibly see an E-jet top off order. If the prices go up, less likely.
Lightsaber



Regarding the top off order... Isn't B6 shedding the E190 fleet? If I recall, they already took a huge write down on their value too.

In many ways, the used 190/new 220 fleet is a Network Planners dream.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22903
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:29 pm

luv2cattlecall wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
I have heard some rumors about how cheap Neelman got the 190’s for, from people that do that kind of thing. Alliance bought 14 of them in August 2020 for a mere 5.6 mil each, and that included 6 spare engines… (Don’t forget the period they acquired them in, aircraft sitting everywhere they could find parking space, and a couple of hundred still sitting around the world).

https://www.aerotime.aero/25607-aircraft-value-recently

That, and the power-by-hour deal, perfect for a low utilization operation.


I’d say right now aircraft expense is not a major concern, though that could change dramatically when the 220 comes on line.

The A220 are more expensive, but with lower per hour costs. They will do well if flown more per day, even if the route is more marginal, thanks to low per seat costs.

The E-jets have low fixed costs, but higher variable costs (even with Breeze claiming their costs are less than Allegiant). So best to only fly them when fares are higher (their current schedule, with several days of the week with aircraft parked). The combination will work well.

Yes, they bought when no one was buying. The A220 won't cut into the E-jet market until they are paid off quite a bit. I have no idea how long the E-jet leases are, but only when they are about to expire is any decision required. At this point, Breeze needs to figure out what the one A220 per month is going to do. :spin: Now, I don't expect any dramatic changes in aircraft acquisition until the limit on the quantity of aircraft is lifted:

The agency granted Breeze a "certificate of public convenience and necessity,” which will allow the airline to carry passengers, freight and mail for interstate travel on up to 22 aircraft for up to one year.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/j ... ets-dot-ok

After that year is up, we will possibly see an E-jet top off order. If the prices go up, less likely.
Lightsaber



Regarding the top off order... Isn't B6 shedding the E190 fleet? If I recall, they already took a huge write down on their value too.

In many ways, the used 190/new 220 fleet is a Network Planners dream.

JetBlue is a high utilization airline. If you will:
Cost=fixed_cost+Variable_cost*utilization

While we discuss utilization as hours, it also has a cycle component (if hours per flight are low, the "hours" are increased by cycles)

So even for the same fixed cost, JetBlue and Azul fly their E19x more hours per day and some days (e.g., most Tuesdays and Wednesdays) the planes would be flown at a loss. Breeze has adopted the Allegiant model of flying only when yields are good and sell tickets at a loss as ancillary sales (sandwich, luggage) are the profit center. It occurred to me, how are they doing for rental car and hotel sales?

The small planes, bought cheap are a network planner's dream for low utilization. Airlines whose model is high utilization should sell E1-19x to cut variable costs. High utilization flying will be the A220 at both Breeze and JetBlue.

Lightsaber
 
superjeff
Posts: 1440
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:55 pm

RWA380 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

To clarify my muddy comment, I was poorly referring to the destinations Walmart Employees & their families would want to go, but of course I also mean the destinations Walmart sales & executives travel to & from business destinations.

I had one of my favorite people move to NWA from PDX & the photos are pretty. the temptation is too much, I expect I will visit Arkansas via XNA in the next 6 months. I would love to have our RDM-DFW n/s in place only requiring 1 en-route change.

I was thinking XNA should be a "focus city" for Breeze & hopefully locking in a long term strategy that cements Breeze as the XNA airline as this area grows over the years, It's going to expand as you say.

I've been on Zillow. What I can sell this modest 3br/2ba home, with 1.75 acres & a full size working barn with fenced paddock, we could buy a nice 2.000 sq foot 3br/3ba with full garage & a lake or river view, not front. Just a thought for what happens once our time here comes to an end.


Maybe it will.



The increase in housing prices the past year is insane. $250 a sq. ft. In Fayetteville for new builds isn't unheard of. I paid $79 21 years ago and it's paid for, lol. It's tripled in value according to recent sales in the hood. Only moving we'll be doing is retiring to Newton Co in a cabin overlooking the Buffalo River in the Ozarks and traveling.

As for Walmart, the corporation itself has a sizable private operation . It isn't even at XNA, it's at the Rogers Muni Airport. It is where the CBP has an office, lol.

It is funny seeing General Mills and Kelloggs each now having their name slapped on a new midrise next to each other in Rogers overlooking Top Golf and the Walmart Amp. All kinds of vendors have stuff set up in Fayetteville for the Ark/Texas game tommorrow.


We'll be watching from up here if we can, Yes, like Intel Walmart has a select jets at their disposal. I'm not contending that others can't be Walmart, I'm saying Breeze would be wise to see how much they can offer the XNA market.

We are experiencing all the same pricing issues, plus since our area has about 150k in population, over 3 counties, huge labor shortages, which means, highest payer gets the workers. Your home sounds awesome man & what an advantage to getting into the area before the boon.

We did that in Lake Oswego OR, buying a home in 1972 that ended up, allowing us to divide the lot & resell at over 1mil. We have a cottage on Kauai as well.


My experience in traveling to XNA on business over the past few years (I'm in the financial services/banking industry, not retail or Walmart) was that, from DFW, the airfares were incredibly high - like a round trip DFW-XNA in Coach at about $700 or higher was normal, or more than 200% what it cost to fly to LIT. They also had nonstops between XNA and LAX on American and Delta, plus XNA-SFO on United, as well as nonstops to Chicago (AA), LGA (AA) and EWR (UA). With a fraction of the number of flights. Many people in the XNA market drive to Tulsa because fares are so high there, so an airline like Breeze can likely be very successful in that market.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:45 pm

superjeff wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

Maybe it will.



The increase in housing prices the past year is insane. $250 a sq. ft. In Fayetteville for new builds isn't unheard of. I paid $79 21 years ago and it's paid for, lol. It's tripled in value according to recent sales in the hood. Only moving we'll be doing is retiring to Newton Co in a cabin overlooking the Buffalo River in the Ozarks and traveling.

As for Walmart, the corporation itself has a sizable private operation . It isn't even at XNA, it's at the Rogers Muni Airport. It is where the CBP has an office, lol.

It is funny seeing General Mills and Kelloggs each now having their name slapped on a new midrise next to each other in Rogers overlooking Top Golf and the Walmart Amp. All kinds of vendors have stuff set up in Fayetteville for the Ark/Texas game tommorrow.


We'll be watching from up here if we can, Yes, like Intel Walmart has a select jets at their disposal. I'm not contending that others can't be Walmart, I'm saying Breeze would be wise to see how much they can offer the XNA market.

We are experiencing all the same pricing issues, plus since our area has about 150k in population, over 3 counties, huge labor shortages, which means, highest payer gets the workers. Your home sounds awesome man & what an advantage to getting into the area before the boon.

We did that in Lake Oswego OR, buying a home in 1972 that ended up, allowing us to divide the lot & resell at over 1mil. We have a cottage on Kauai as well.


My experience in traveling to XNA on business over the past few years (I'm in the financial services/banking industry, not retail or Walmart) was that, from DFW, the airfares were incredibly high - like a round trip DFW-XNA in Coach at about $700 or higher was normal, or more than 200% what it cost to fly to LIT. They also had nonstops between XNA and LAX on American and Delta, plus XNA-SFO on United, as well as nonstops to Chicago (AA), LGA (AA) and EWR (UA). With a fraction of the number of flights. Many people in the XNA market drive to Tulsa because fares are so high there, so an airline like Breeze can likely be very successful in that market.


I have started numerous times, whoever develops McKinney as a DFW alternative will make bank.

Only 53% of the total student pop of 30k at the UofA is from Arkansas. The rest of that 47% is disproportionately from Texas. The appeal of the U of A for Texas kids shunned by Texas and A&M as a result of mega schools in the metros and the top 10% cap will only grow with UT and OU joining the SEC.
 
F9Animal
Posts: 4613
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:13 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:16 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
First Breeze A220 is out of the paint shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyJqm0gtvRo


Oh!!! Oh!! That paint on the 220 is gorgeous! Looks so much better than the 195 IMO.
 
jco613
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:54 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
superjeff wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

We'll be watching from up here if we can, Yes, like Intel Walmart has a select jets at their disposal. I'm not contending that others can't be Walmart, I'm saying Breeze would be wise to see how much they can offer the XNA market.

We are experiencing all the same pricing issues, plus since our area has about 150k in population, over 3 counties, huge labor shortages, which means, highest payer gets the workers. Your home sounds awesome man & what an advantage to getting into the area before the boon.

We did that in Lake Oswego OR, buying a home in 1972 that ended up, allowing us to divide the lot & resell at over 1mil. We have a cottage on Kauai as well.


My experience in traveling to XNA on business over the past few years (I'm in the financial services/banking industry, not retail or Walmart) was that, from DFW, the airfares were incredibly high - like a round trip DFW-XNA in Coach at about $700 or higher was normal, or more than 200% what it cost to fly to LIT. They also had nonstops between XNA and LAX on American and Delta, plus XNA-SFO on United, as well as nonstops to Chicago (AA), LGA (AA) and EWR (UA). With a fraction of the number of flights. Many people in the XNA market drive to Tulsa because fares are so high there, so an airline like Breeze can likely be very successful in that market.


I have started numerous times, whoever develops McKinney as a DFW alternative will make bank.

Only 53% of the total student pop of 30k at the UofA is from Arkansas. The rest of that 47% is disproportionately from Texas. The appeal of the U of A for Texas kids shunned by Texas and A&M as a result of mega schools in the metros and the top 10% cap will only grow with UT and OU joining the SEC.

Call me crazy ("You're crazy!")...

With AS having slack at their gates at DAL, could Breeze do 1X-2X daily XNA-DAL, or 1X XNA-DAL and maybe some other DAL routes to fill space? And yes, as far as students go, I am aware that you're talking about a 6 hour drive home vs. a 30-40 min drive to XNA, 2 hours at the airport, an hour in air, and an hour drive home so its only a net of 1-2 hours gained...still all for XNA-DAL!

I still think the surface is yet to be scratched at XNA though. There is still untapped potential in that market.
Last edited by jco613 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 1051
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 pm

F9Animal wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
First Breeze A220 is out of the paint shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyJqm0gtvRo


Oh!!! Oh!! That paint on the 220 is gorgeous! Looks so much better than the 195 IMO.



It does look good!
Image
https://www.airlinerwatch.com/2021/09/breeze-airways-reveals-new-a220-livery.html
 
JoseSalazar
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:25 pm

https://www.businessclass.com/airlines/ ... mium-cabin

I never saw this posted here. Maybe it was and I missed it.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:37 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
https://www.businessclass.com/airlines/articles/breeze-airways-showcases-its-airbus-a220-premium-cabin

I never saw this posted here. Maybe it was and I missed it.


That looks a lot like AA's premium Y which is perfect for medium sized transcon markets. Think a market like BDL/PVD/RICBUF-LAX on B6, its either all Y or its the mint product. That also makes it more affordable of a product too. Figure 4 rows of This product (16 seats) would likely take of the same space as 5 rows of their "nicer" product, which is 25 seats, so each premium passenger only needs to pay 50% more for their theoretical real-estate. You could definitely get people to pay $300 each way for that product.
 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5913
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:53 pm

F9Animal wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
First Breeze A220 is out of the paint shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyJqm0gtvRo


Oh!!! Oh!! That paint on the 220 is gorgeous! Looks so much better than the 195 IMO.


Admittedly Breeze hit a homerun with the livery & name. Nothing directional, just soothing Blue & a gentle word as a name. Well done on the PR side. I like the outside, I hope once they head West, they'll land at RDM so I can easily try them, but who knows for sure, AS has this place well served from 6 gateways. I can see AS or AA adding ORD-EUG/MFR/RDM to filter into the ORD hub for Europe & East.
 
jplatts
Posts: 4869
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:42 pm

jco613 wrote:

With AS having slack at their gates at DAL, could Breeze do 1X-2X daily XNA-DAL, or 1X XNA-DAL and maybe some other DAL routes to fill space? And yes, as far as students go, I am aware that you're talking about a 6 hour drive home vs. a 30-40 min drive to XNA, 2 hours at the airport, an hour in air, and an hour drive home so its only a net of 1-2 hours gained...still all for XNA-DAL!

I still think the surface is yet to be scratched at XNA though. There is still untapped potential in that market.


I agree that MX adding nonstop service to XNA from the DFW/DAL market is a possibility as there isn't currently any nonstop competition on XNA-DFW, whereas UA XNA-IAH will have nonstop competition once G4 starts XNA-HOU nonstop service. G4 also doesn't currently serve the DFW/DAL market and WN doesn't currently serve XNA.

MX adding nonstop service to RIC from the DFW/DAL market is a possibility if MX enters the DFW/DAL market as DFW-RIC is one of the top remaining routes without any nonstop competition, even though nonstop service to RIC could be added from DFW/DAL on WN or NK.

HSV is the only destination other than XNA currently served by MX that isn't currently served by WN or NK.
 
jvlmd81
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:14 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:23 pm

Yesterday PVD posted it's annual report. "The new, “seriously nice” airline hopes
to expand service in the coming years to include nonstop
European and west coast service within its network." Does anyone see Breeze setting up a base from PVD to Europe?
 
AirDO
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:24 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:06 pm

Breeze N132NK, an E190 is re-registered as N128BZ

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... ays/34j2zx
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5780
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:30 pm

RWA380 wrote:
F9Animal wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
First Breeze A220 is out of the paint shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyJqm0gtvRo


Oh!!! Oh!! That paint on the 220 is gorgeous! Looks so much better than the 195 IMO.


Admittedly Breeze hit a homerun with the livery & name. Nothing directional, just soothing Blue & a gentle word as a name. Well done on the PR side. I like the outside, I hope once they head West, they'll land at RDM so I can easily try them, but who knows for sure, AS has this place well served from 6 gateways. I can see AS or AA adding ORD-EUG/MFR/RDM to filter into the ORD hub for Europe & East.


RDM is becoming a busy place!
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22903
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:30 am

AirDO wrote:
Breeze N132NK, an E190 is re-registered as N128BZ

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... ays/34j2zx

Am I correct that this will be the 14th E-jet in Breeze service?

It didn't take long for Breeze to be on the first page of E19x opperators:
https://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-e190.htm

I believe this is the first past the initial E-jet order? (I'm asking, I'm not 100% sure):
https://www.airway1.com/breeze-airways- ... 13-e-jets/

https://skift.com/2021/09/13/breeze-air ... r-flights/
Neeleman said he also expects to acquire about a half-dozen additional Embraer planes next year.

Please recall the DOT limited Breeze to 22 aircraft the first year, first flight May 27th (2nd link)
https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/breeze- ... 22-planes/
http://www.nycaviation.com/2021/06/4448 ... %20one-way.

So roughly 5 months and a week in at 14 of 22 allowed aircraft. I'm curious as the 2nd quarter EIS for the A220. For if we take the DOT literally and one per month..
https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/breeze- ... rbus-a220/

At 14 aircraft, plus one for November, December, January, February, March, April and maybe May (could be delivered after start flying) that gives 20 aircraft in the fleet (possibly 21). That means only room for only one or two more E-19xs (unless the one per month A220 shouldn't be taken that literally) until after May 27th 2022. So that implies 6 more in a year is half early, half later.

Lightsaber

Late edit: This probably means no new E-19x crew base until setup to support post May 27th Ejet deliveries. At least, that is how I read the tea leaves with so few aircraft left under the cap of 22 for the first year (if I interpreted the rules correctly, certainly not my expertise area of aerospace).
 
flightsimer
Posts: 1179
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:15 am

lightsaber wrote:
AirDO wrote:
Breeze N132NK, an E190 is re-registered as N128BZ

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... ays/34j2zx

Am I correct that this will be the 14th E-jet in Breeze service?

It didn't take long for Breeze to be on the first page of E19x opperators:
https://www.airfleets.net/exploit/production-e190.htm

I believe this is the first past the initial E-jet order? (I'm asking, I'm not 100% sure):
https://www.airway1.com/breeze-airways- ... 13-e-jets/

https://skift.com/2021/09/13/breeze-air ... r-flights/
Neeleman said he also expects to acquire about a half-dozen additional Embraer planes next year.

Please recall the DOT limited Breeze to 22 aircraft the first year, first flight May 27th (2nd link)
https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/breeze- ... 22-planes/
http://www.nycaviation.com/2021/06/4448 ... %20one-way.

So roughly 5 months and a week in at 14 of 22 allowed aircraft. I'm curious as the 2nd quarter EIS for the A220. For if we take the DOT literally and one per month..
https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/breeze- ... rbus-a220/

At 14 aircraft, plus one for November, December, January, February, March, April and maybe May (could be delivered after start flying) that gives 20 aircraft in the fleet (possibly 21). That means only room for only one or two more E-19xs (unless the one per month A220 shouldn't be taken that literally) until after May 27th 2022. So that implies 6 more in a year is half early, half later.

Lightsaber

Late edit: This probably means no new E-19x crew base until setup to support post May 27th Ejet deliveries. At least, that is how I read the tea leaves with so few aircraft left under the cap of 22 for the first year (if I interpreted the rules correctly, certainly not my expertise area of aerospace).


No, 132NK has been flying around with a big white sticker over the permanent registration of 128BZ. I’m not sure why it’s registration change didn’t happen prior to hitting the line, other than it was needed on the line during the late July expansion. Still only 13 Ejets in the fleet. You won’t see any additional Ejets until early next year.

132 was also one of 3 or 4 190’s that were flying the line with the old Air Canada interior still in them. By the end of October, all E190’s will have gone through refit and will have the Black Leather Breeze interior as well as IFE installed. I believe the plan is to get IFE turned on this month as well. Full Catering/Buy on Board started on Thursday.

As for the A220’s go, the first two N203BZ and 204BZ are painted and on the flight line. First flight for 203 is scheduled in a week and half and delivery about two weeks later assuming no issues are found with the airframe.

Numbers 3/4/5 are all in various stages of final assembly and number 6 should be loaded in the next week or so. Deliveries are planned for 1/mo, however that is an average. Some months will have double deliveries while other may have none.

As for the 22 Aircraft, that should be hit early Q2. I don’t think the limit will even be in place by then as to remove the limit the company just has to do another economic/financial audit with the DOT… with having just received 200mil, I don’t see there being an issue.
 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5913
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Breeze - News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:54 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
F9Animal wrote:

Oh!!! Oh!! That paint on the 220 is gorgeous! Looks so much better than the 195 IMO.


Admittedly Breeze hit a homerun with the livery & name. Nothing directional, just soothing Blue & a gentle word as a name. Well done on the PR side. I like the outside, I hope once they head West, they'll land at RDM so I can easily try them, but who knows for sure, AS has this place well served from 6 gateways. I can see AS or AA adding ORD-EUG/MFR/RDM to filter into the ORD hub for Europe & East.


RDM is becoming a busy place!


Oddly, the last two carrier adds to Oregon, both excluded Portland, but then Allegiant entering the PDX market was unforeseen. I hope RDM garners the DFW connection that had a 600k award attached to it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos