Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Re: Wizz Air News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:26 am

Blerg wrote:
Closure of DTM and RIX, it makes me think if they are using this opportunity to close these underpeforming bases as A320 leases end? Do we know how many A320s will leave the fleet in winter?

Until March 2022 there are going to be 13 A320 less in Wizz' fleet. And no new A320neo are coming until then

https://images.cdn.centreforaviation.co ... 1307.3.JPG

and https://m.planespotters.net/airline/Wizz-Air-Hungary

(65 today and 52 in March 31 2022 at the end of Wizz' financial year)

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:26 am

As Wizz quickly grows in Albania, let's get some information about the tourism there ^^

"Albania is a country in the Balkans with unspoiled beaches, mountainous landscapes, traditional cuisine, archaeological artifacts, unique traditions, low prices and the wild atmosphere of the countryside."

"It is one of the sunniest countries in Europe. The country has an extensive archaeological heritage; it was part of Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire."

"With a total of 3.8 million visitors, Albania is the 25th most visited country in Europe. Lonely Planet ranked Albania as the number 1 destination to be visited in 2011."

"Sometimes, if you stay for a night or so at someone's house, don't be surprised if you see a AK-47 Kalashnikov hanging at the wall. It's pretty normal for Albanians to keep guns in the house."

from Wikipedia and Wikivoyage

Blerg

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:30 am

airlinenavigato wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Closure of DTM and RIX, it makes me think if they are using this opportunity to close these underpeforming bases as A320 leases end? Do we know how many A320s will leave the fleet in winter?

Until March 2022 there are going to be 13 A320 less in Wizz' fleet. And no new A320neo are coming until then

https://images.cdn.centreforaviation.co ... 1307.3.JPG

and https://m.planespotters.net/airline/Wizz-Air-Hungary

(65 today and 52 in March 31 2022 at the end of Wizz' financial year)

Thank you. Interesting that they should be getting quite a few A321neos. I suppose some of them will eventually replace the A320s in certain bases but others will have to be used for growth. Will be interesting to see where those 10-ish will end up going. Do these numbers also include their AUH base?

Blerg

Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:02 am

Wizz Air delays its Rome-Dubrovnik flights to March 2022.

Flights are already moved in the system.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:39 pm

just a slight correction. According to planespotters.com there are 62 A320-200 in the Wizz Holding fleet today. So there gonna be 10 less in March of next year.
And the direct trains between CGN and Dusseldorf are a one-stop connection.

Blerg wrote:
Do these numbers also include their AUH base?

The image for the fleet development is for the whole holding including all subsidiaries. But excluding a new order to get 500 planes by 2030... ;)

Blerg

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:56 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:
just a slight correction. According to planespotters.com there are 62 A320-200 in the Wizz Holding fleet today. So there gonna be 10 less in March of next year.
And the direct trains between CGN and Dusseldorf are a one-stop connection.

Blerg wrote:
Do these numbers also include their AUH base?

The image for the fleet development is for the whole holding including all subsidiaries. But excluding a new order to get 500 planes by 2030... ;)

Let's hope they keep on prudently expanding otherwise they risk imploding at some point.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Yes but I see really opportunities in new regions. Like flying to Balkan and former Sovjet union countries. And getting an AOC there. And expanding in the UAE. In 2000 the UAE had a population of 3 million including expats. Now it's 10 million.

More and more people in developing countries gonna be able to purchase international flight tickets. Especially for an average fare of 47€.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/112 ... es-europe/

The former Wizz planes went to Danish Air Transport, Citilink, Onur Air, Avion Express, Viva Aerobus – and British Airways.
For British first configured to 171 seats. Some years later reconfigured to 177 seats. The former Wizz planes are out of storage at BA since April/May 2021 and fly again.

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... ays/3vd543

Blerg

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:22 pm

I am not saying there aren't any opportunities, there are... absolutely. All I am saying is that growing too fast can come with its own risk. After all, they wouldn't be the first carrier to suffer from expanding way too fast. I think it all depends how well their gambles pay off. They gambled on Norway and lost. They tried with Germany through Dortmund and failed. The jury is still out on AUH and VIE.

That said, they seem to be doing just fine in the UK.

MCTSET

Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:41 pm

Blerg wrote:
I am not saying there aren't any opportunities, there are... absolutely. All I am saying is that growing too fast can come with its own risk. After all, they wouldn't be the first carrier to suffer from expanding way too fast. I think it all depends how well their gambles pay off. They gambled on Norway and lost. They tried with Germany through Dortmund and failed. The jury is still out on AUH and VIE.

I think the VIE base is doing well they initially were looking to just break even now, but now it is one of their biggest bases and seems fairly mature. Their biggest competitor in that market is lauda but it terms of costs W6 trumps them, easy is a small player in developed market and Austrian is not in the same segment.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:42 pm

The Italian bases and domestic flights are also relatively new.

Blerg

Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:46 am

MCTSET wrote:
Blerg wrote:

I think the VIE base is doing well they initially were looking to just break even now, but now it is one of their biggest bases and seems fairly mature. Their biggest competitor in that market is lauda but it terms of costs W6 trumps them, easy is a small player in developed market and Austrian is not in the same segment.

I think covid messed up their plans for VIE and for about 2, 3 months last year (I think September to mid December) they almost suspended all operations there. I think we will have to see what happens once normal operations are restored and when covid goes away.

Blerg

Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:36 am

Major cuts in ex-YU region due to a staff shortage:

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2021/08/wi ... -over.html

myki

Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:56 am

Blerg wrote:
The jury is still out on AUH and VIE.

Would VIE flights head down to the Persian Gulf? In the region, TLV is already on the books, so I'd say linking up with AUH would be certain, and then BAH as an existing station (well, soon to be). EY are already doing AUH-VIE however the return is VIE-MXP-AUH which adds a few hours to the journey.

Blerg

Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:59 am

myki wrote:
Blerg wrote:
The jury is still out on AUH and VIE.

Would VIE flights head down to the Persian Gulf? In the region, TLV is already on the books, so I'd say linking up with AUH would be certain, and then BAH as an existing station (well, soon to be). EY are already doing AUH-VIE however the return is VIE-MXP-AUH which adds a few hours to the journey.

I think there should be enough of a market for at least 2 weekly flights especially if you rely on people going to Dubai. I suppose EY mostly relies on transfers.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:12 pm

myki wrote:
Would VIE flights head down to the Persian Gulf? In the region, TLV is already on the books, so I'd say linking up with AUH would be certain

VIE-AUH would be 41km longer than their longest route so far (AUH-KTW). 72km more than the second longest route (BUD-AUH). UAE<>KTW was introduced 5 years ago and since then it's the longest route. It seems to be the maximum that Wizz gonna fly with the A321neo and one flight crew. VIE<>UAE has a sufficiently high demand. If they'd fly it, they would had introduced it already imo.

Or the the start was postponed due to the vexation. And it might be done. Let's see :)

myki wrote:
and then BAH as an existing station (well, soon to be).

VIE-BAH is in the typical range of Wizz. But would the demand be high enough for VIE-BAH? And i see an Austrian AOC needed for that?

Blerg wrote:
Major cuts in ex-YU region due to a staff shortage:

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2021/08/wi ... -over.html

In other places, due to staff shortage, Wizz uses wet leases.

https://aviation.direct/en/aura-airline ... zz-air-aus

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:25 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:
72km more than the second longest route

AUH-VIE is 213* km longer than Wizz' second longest route.

AZa346

Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:15 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:

I was on a italian domestic flight operated by Air Horizont, with a decrepit 737-400. The flight was fully sold, which meant that there were about 10 pax overbooked as that is the difference of capacity from the A320 to the 734.... lots of disgruntled people.. we ended up departing about 1 hour late.

MCTSET

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:01 pm

AZa346 wrote:
airlinenavigato wrote:

I was on a italian domestic flight operated by Air Horizont, with a decrepit 737-400. The flight was fully sold, which meant that there were about 10 pax overbooked as that is the difference of capacity from the A320 to the 734.... lots of disgruntled people.. we ended up departing about 1 hour late.

How they let their poor planning let them get too this stage is ridiculous.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:07 pm

myki wrote:
Would VIE flights head down to the Persian Gulf? In the region, TLV is already on the books, so I'd say linking up with AUH would be certain

Let's bet :)

I say Wizz may not connect VIE-AUH in the upcoming 12 months.

It looks like they need two flight crews to there and back.

Still their fares are way better than the current ones:
One-way VIE<>AUH/SHJ/DXB from 280€/380€
Return from 460€.

An alternative to these prices today is flying from BUD.
Or to do a self-transfer from around 60€:
https://www.kiwi.com/ee/search/results/ ... /no-return

kxngb

Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:46 am

I know wizz had an interest in flying to Pakistan and had the CEO or COO to meet with the prime minister of Pakistan for the intention of flying to Pakistan. Has there been any update since by wizz or is it all kept hush at the moment.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:14 pm

kxngb wrote:
I know wizz had an interest in flying to Pakistan and had the CEO or COO to meet with the prime minister of Pakistan for the intention of flying to Pakistan. Has there been any update since by wizz or is it all kept hush at the moment.

I havn't heard anything new about it since then. The airspace of Afghanistan must be avoided. Then for a non-stop flight, the range of a fully loaded 186 seat A320neo or a 239seat A321neo doesn't look enough.

BUD-ISB is a wish of the Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Orban. So maybe the government subsidizes this non-stop route to be weight-restricted.

Having a direct one-stop flight BUD-AUH-ISB is another possibility. Like made public by Wizz for BUD-TSE-PEK, for which there were also new news about ;)

Blerg

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:12 pm

Wizz Air to expand its network from BEG this December. They will launch BCN, HHN, BLL and VXO. Interestingly enough all flights will be operated by the A320. Either Wizz Air will downgrade one of their two A321 or they will be adding a third plane to their Belgrade base.

All flights are already in the system.

artflyer

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:22 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:
kxngb wrote:

I havn't heard anything new about it since then. The airspace of Afghanistan must be avoided. Then for a non-stop flight, the range of a fully loaded 186 seat A320neo or a 239seat A321neo doesn't look enough.

BUD-ISB is a wish of the Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Orban. So maybe the government subsidizes this non-stop route to be weight-restricted.

Having a direct one-stop flight BUD-AUH-ISB is another possibility. Like made public by Wizz for BUD-TSE-PEK, for which there were also new news about ;)

How do we know that BUD-ISB is his wish? And why so? Interesting.

EIBPI

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm

Wizz Air will launch Plovdiv to Dortmund, Luton and Memmingen from November.

It looks like this winter will be the busiest ever for Plovdiv after the recent Ryanair Dublin announcement (in addition to Ryanair’s Stansted route). Plovdiv has previously had a few other Ryanair routes, which didn’t last particularly long.

MCTSET

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:48 pm

EIBPI wrote:
Wizz Air will launch Plovdiv to Dortmund, Luton and Memmingen from November.

It looks like this winter will be the busiest ever for Plovdiv after the recent Ryanair Dublin announcement (in addition to Ryanair’s Stansted route). Plovdiv has previously had a few other Ryanair routes, which didn’t last particularly long.

I expect a response by FR on this will duplicate routes as closely as possible to W6.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:27 pm

artflyer wrote:

It makes that deep impression. Orban likes to separate himself from EU politics and show himself as a strong leader. For example by strongly opposing refugees and having the most China-friendly politics inside the EU.
https://thediplomat.com/2021/06/hungari ... mic-shift/

Varadi didn't visit Pakistan alone to elaborate direct flights between BUD and ISB. He did it with an Hungarian government delegation.

In this article it says Wizz gonna use their A321XLR for that route. But the first XLRs will be delivered in 2023, if there are no production delays. So why talking about this specific route, that can be realized the earliest in 2 years from now?
https://aviationgeeks1.com/wizz-air-to- ... -pakistan/

And if intending to fly it non-stop with their A321neo, why breaking with their ULCC rules to have only one flight crew to a destination and back for Pakistan?

Here Varadi elaborates a cooperation with PIA. Varadi, who said before he doesn't want cooperations with other airlines.
https://mobile.twitter.com/official_pia ... ng=ar-x-fm
And with PIA... The airline that employed pilots with fake certificates... And got blacklisted from the EU. That cannot be from his own will ^^

artflyer

Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:39 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:
artflyer wrote:

It makes that deep impression. Orban likes to separate himself from EU politics and show himself as a strong leader. For example by strongly opposing refugees and having the most China-friendly politics inside the EU.
https://thediplomat.com/2021/06/hungari ... mic-shift/

Varadi didn't visit Pakistan alone to elaborate direct flights between BUD and ISB. He did it with an Hungarian government delegation.

In this article it says Wizz gonna use their A321XLR for that route. But the first XLRs will be delivered in 2023, if there are no production delays. So why talking about this specific route, that can be realized the earliest in 2 years from now?
https://aviationgeeks1.com/wizz-air-to- ... -pakistan/

And if intending to fly it non-stop with their A321neo, why breaking with their ULCC rules to have only one flight crew to a destination and back for Pakistan?

Here Varadi elaborates a cooperation with PIA. Varadi, who said before he doesn't want cooperations with other airlines.
https://mobile.twitter.com/official_pia ... ng=ar-x-fm
And with PIA... The airline that employed pilots with fake certificates... And got blacklisted from the EU. That cannot be from his own will ^^

Thanks. I guess, if there is no bilateral in place, then now is the time to start working, if he wants to start flying in 2023. I guess Varadi is not committed, just exploring potential avenues for his XLRs. Well, politicians are onboard because we are talking about a bilateral and a nice courtesy visit to PIA (with even nicer promise of cooperation), so they do not oppose his plans. Varadi certainly knows how to play it.

Blerg

Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:43 pm

Who knows, maybe in the end Wizz Air ends up selling BUD-ISB via AUH. I honestly don't know who will fly on this route and I doubt there will be subsidies as they would have to be quite large. After all, it would be a 6 hour flight.

EIBPI

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Let's be realistic. Wizz Air will not launch a one stop service Europe - Pakistan.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:33 pm

with avoiding the Afghan and disputed eastern Ukraine airspace rather 7hours

MPW and KHG used to show and calculate the detour

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:37 pm

EIBPI wrote:
Let's be realistic. Wizz Air will not launch a one stop service Europe - Pakistan.

They already made their intention public to fly from Budapest via Kazakhstan to Beijing one-stop.

https://aviation.direct/en/budapest-wiz ... ng-fluegen

NeperQiell

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:50 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:
EIBPI wrote:

They already made their intention public to fly from Budapest via Kazakhstan to Beijing one-stop.

Well, it sure makes much more sense than Budapest - Pakistan.

artflyer

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:58 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:
EIBPI wrote:

I believe it when I see it. What is supposed to be the advantage of this, compared to transferring in VIE or in any other of the tens of hubs offering one-stops to Beijing? Pakistan is even more remote as an idea.

Blerg

Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:11 pm

EIBPI wrote:

Yes because we are being realistic when discussing flights from BUD to ISB.

kxngb

Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:36 pm

I can definitely see wizz wanting to come to Pakistan, i could see them flying from the nordics as there is a big market there, however i can also see them flying from BUD from a connections stand point or even as there is some traffic between Hungary and Pakistan.

Maybe Wizz one day may be wanting to attempt some UK regional services to pakistan, such as Luton, Stansted, Birmingham, East Midlands etc.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:02 pm

artflyer wrote:
I believe it when I see it. What is supposed to be the advantage of this, compared to transferring in VIE or in any other of the tens of hubs offering one-stops to Beijing?

The price :)
BUD<>TSE seems to me to be the route with the highest prices on the Wizz network. Rarely for 30€ one-way. More often 70€ or more.

So in the end it could be BUD->PEK from 70-150€ one-way. That's a deal :) I always wanted to go to China and that's the opportunity. Possibly with some time in Kazakhstan in between.

DTM-PDV should be a W-pattern flight, as both are no bases then.

i just checked KTW<>DTM for November and December. It's flown 3-4 times daily altogether by Ryanair and Wizz. Prices are down to 8€ and may get lower :D
Good for a day trip in Dortmund, Katowice, Krakow. Especially for the Christmas market.

Blerg

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:03 pm

kxngb wrote:
I can definitely see wizz wanting to come to Pakistan, i could see them flying from the nordics as there is a big market there, however i can also see them flying from BUD from a connections stand point or even as there is some traffic between Hungary and Pakistan.

Maybe Wizz one day may be wanting to attempt some UK regional services to pakistan, such as Luton, Stansted, Birmingham, East Midlands etc.

Pakistan could work as market for them however I don't see it ever becoming reality from BUD. The market is tiny and is better served by airlines such as QR, EK and TK.
Can their A321XLR even reach Pakistan from the UK and the Nordics? I think UK would be around 8 hours which is definitely not short.

EIBPI

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:54 pm

There isn’t a single one stop flight in the Wizz network and there won’t be one to serve Europe - Pakistan.

Blerg wrote:
EIBPI wrote:

Yes because we are being realistic when discussing flights from BUD to ISB.

Won’t happen either.
Last edited by EIBPI on Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

artflyer

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:55 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:
artflyer wrote:
I believe it when I see it. What is supposed to be the advantage of this, compared to transferring in VIE or in any other of the tens of hubs offering one-stops to Beijing?

The price :)
BUD<>TSE seems to me to be the route with the highest prices on the Wizz network. Rarely for 30€ one-way. More often 70€ or more.

So in the end it could be BUD->PEK from 70-150€ one-way. That's a deal :) I always wanted to go to China and that's the opportunity. Possibly with some time in Kazakhstan in between.

BUD-TSE may have one of the highest prices on the Wizzair network also because it is one of the longest routes on their network. That does not mean they make most money on this route.

And if indeed it performs well for them, why should they be tempted to fly BUD-TSE-PEK and bother with balancing pax flying to TSE with pax TSE-PEK (on the assumption they get appropriate rights to sell TSE-PEK)? Are you sure they would get the rights and TSE-PEK would perform accordingly well? To me this would make sense only if they can hardly fill BUD-TSE and need additional pax BUD-PEK to have a full plane on this segment, or if there is an extreme demand TSE-PEK and they can get rights.

artflyer

Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:01 pm

airlinenavigato wrote:

i just checked KTW<>DTM for November and December. It's flown 3-4 times daily altogether by Ryanair and Wizz. Prices are down to 8€ and may get lower :D
Good for a day trip in Dortmund, Katowice, Krakow. Especially for the Christmas market.

What a crazy route. My estimate about the demand on this route nicely fits with the price quoted. Does it serve just to ferry a plane from a base in KTW to DTM?

holczakker

Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:26 pm

artflyer wrote:
airlinenavigato wrote:

What a crazy route. My estimate about the demand on this route nicely fits with the price quoted. Does it serve just to ferry a plane from a base in KTW to DTM?

It's at least double daily for 10+ years now and is packed.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:53 pm

Just saw that the IATA code TSE was changed to NQZ.

Made in China is everywhere. Chinese people settled into other countries. Chinese giant cities look more modern than New York. There is food originally from China, not from a Chinese restaurant in another country. Tourists are used to wear face masks, just the reason changes from health to air polution. So yes, I think flights up to 6 hours to China from 10-30€ make sense :)

Somebody would like to bet?

I say, there gonna be this direct one-stop BUD-NQZ-PEK route in the upcoming 12 months.

And I say there gonna be no non-stop Wizz flight from Budapest to Pakistan in the upcoming 24 months.

PatrickZ80

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:39 am

artflyer wrote:
airlinenavigato wrote:

Such routes are not as crazy as you might expect, there's a whole lot more demand for them than you seem to think. They're Wizzair's bread and butter, it's routes like these that made them big.

In this case their primary target are Polish workers in the Ruhrgebiet area of Germany, many of them are from southern Poland so Katowice makes an excellent choice. There are a whole lot of Polish workers in Germany who make use of such flights to quickly get home for a few days before returning to work. However tourists have also discovered these routes, Katowice is quite a nice city to visit and of course a trip to the nearby Auschwitz is educational. It made quite an impression on me when I was there.

About 2 years ago I flew Wizzair Eindhoven - Katowice and back, a trip that's comparable to the said Dortmund - Katowice. How much demand do you expect? I can tell you, it was an A321 both ways and it was packed to the brim. Every single seat was occupied. Then think they're flying this route near daily and you can figure out what the demand must be.

MCTSET

Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:32 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
artflyer wrote:
airlinenavigato wrote:

Such routes are not as crazy as you might expect, there's a whole lot more demand for them than you seem to think. They're Wizzair's bread and butter, it's routes like these that made them big.

In this case their primary target are Polish workers in the Ruhrgebiet area of Germany, many of them are from southern Poland so Katowice makes an excellent choice. There are a whole lot of Polish workers in Germany who make use of such flights to quickly get home for a few days before returning to work. However tourists have also discovered these routes, Katowice is quite a nice city to visit and of course a trip to the nearby Auschwitz is educational. It made quite an impression on me when I was there.

About 2 years ago I flew Wizzair Eindhoven - Katowice and back, a trip that's comparable to the said Dortmund - Katowice. How much demand do you expect? I can tell you, it was an A321 both ways and it was packed to the brim. Every single seat was occupied. Then think they're flying this route near daily and you can figure out what the demand must be.

Interesting post I understand your point with demand being strong especially for locals but I don’t understand how they make it work on 8 euro fares. I understand ancillaries are big game, but still the margins must be so tight, have the fares always been this low or has the competition from FR cause this?

JustJet

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:15 pm

KTW-DTM had 306,000 seats in 2019. It's a large market that covers the wider Dusseldorf and Cologne areas too.

PatrickZ80

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:17 pm

MCTSET wrote:
Interesting post I understand your point with demand being strong especially for locals but I don’t understand how they make it work on 8 euro fares. I understand ancillaries are big game, but still the margins must be so tight, have the fares always been this low or has the competition from FR cause this?

Not all seats are that cheap, certainly the seats that are sold later are more expensive. The €8 fares are promotional fares, they serve to keep the image of Wizzair being cheap. Most seats are more expensive than that, the cheap seats get sold first and the most expensive the last.

Competition from Ryanair might have played a role but not entirely, after all the two airlines have the same business model.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Blerg wrote:
Can their A321XLR even reach Pakistan from the UK and the Nordics? I think UK would be around 8 hours which is definitely not short.

Wizz said they want to use the XLR for flights up to 8 hours.

https://www.travelmole.com/news_feature ... id=2037930

https://bbj.hu/business/people/intervie ... her-afield

From ISB to London is 8:10h on PIA and 8:40/8:45h on BA/Virgin

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:30 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
the cheap seats get sold first and the most expensive the last.

The prices of Wizz and Ryanair depend on how many tickets are sold per day for a flight. If the rate is low, the prices go down for this flight. If there are sold many tickets per day, the prices go up for that flight.
The lowest minimum prices for a route are usually 1-2 month before departure.
And of course in the low season the fares are lower than during the holidays, especially for holiday destinations.

For DTM-KTW there is in September and October an 8€ price almost every day. The supply is simply bigger than the demand. It seems to be a route, where Wizz and Ryanair compete with each other aggressively.

Coma993

Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Blerg wrote:
Wizz Air to expand its network from BEG this December. They will launch BCN, HHN, BLL and VXO. Interestingly enough all flights will be operated by the A320. Either Wizz Air will downgrade one of their two A321 or they will be adding a third plane to their Belgrade base.

All flights are already in the system.

They will base a third plane in BEG.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:43 pm

Another route with high fares is LTN->TLV.

Due to the £82 APD.

Still Wizz offers fares on a few days from £54 ^^.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos