Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
atal17
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:56 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:12 am

zionite wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
IndiGo had loaded Rajkot into its system for bookings for flights wef 28 March. Flights to DEL BOM BLR HYD.


I presume they would use ATR 72s onthese sectors...though they can use a 320 but that would be too hot for its brakes.


BLR is on A320.
DEL, BOM, HYD is on ATR.72.


DEL & BOM are also on A320.

Hyderabad is yet to appear on the booking engine.
 
zionite
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:18 am

FligtReporter wrote:
zionite wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

I presume they would use ATR 72s onthese sectors...though they can use a 320 but that would be too hot for its brakes.


BLR is on A320.
DEL, BOM, HYD is on ATR.72.


Oh I was expecting them to put 320 on DEL route but whatever floats their boat...Best of luck from LKO !!


There's much more demand for BOM than DEL. Don't see much demand for HYD and BLR for a daily flight by SG and 6E.

SG is going to add 1 more daily flight to BOM and GOI next month. Its going to be a battle between SG and 6E for a year before they start reducing flights.
SG has got better timings, suitable aircraft (B737-700) and political support.
 
sand26391
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:26 pm

I would believe SG will exit BLR-RAJ once 6E steps in on the sector. SG882 currently is doing okay.. getting around 120 PDEW on an avg, with most of the traffic being "Behind"
 
hohd
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:08 pm

PNQ needs a new airport, metro connection to airport can wait and metro connection is not critical, BLR, HYD, BOM don't have metro connections now. And anyway not many use the metro in India to go to/from the airport. The problem is that the Navi Mumbai airport is competing for attention and money with new Pune airport. Even the Navi Mumbai airport construction is also pending.

If PNQ can get a consortium bid similar to BLR, HYD or Navi Mumbai they can get the airport built. Ideal would be on the Solapur side and near the National Highway access.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:19 pm

hohd wrote:
PNQ needs a new airport, metro connection to airport can wait and metro connection is not critical, BLR, HYD, BOM don't have metro connections now. And anyway not many use the metro in India to go to/from the airport. The problem is that the Navi Mumbai airport is competing for attention and money with new Pune airport. Even the Navi Mumbai airport construction is also pending.

If PNQ can get a consortium bid similar to BLR, HYD or Navi Mumbai they can get the airport built. Ideal would be on the Solapur side and near the National Highway access.


I use the Metro frequently especially to the my airport (LKO) and its great given its just 50 steps away from the Terminal.BLR,HYD,BOM should have Metro connection though not having one doesn't make them look more appealing rather makes one wonder that how come a much smaller city like LKO has an Airport Metro but these cities don't ? So its a must have and I hope they do get the metro connectivity soon.

PNQ's new airport is gona be a distant dream for at least a decade or so and if Navi Mumbai is built before that then we can say goodbye to new PNQ airport..Given PNQ is in Maharashtra I highly doubt they would invest in a new airport after having invested in Navi Mumbai.

Sad reality but it is what it is !
 
avier
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:32 pm

zionite wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
zionite wrote:

BLR is on A320.
DEL, BOM, HYD is on ATR.72.


Oh I was expecting them to put 320 on DEL route but whatever floats their boat...Best of luck from LKO !!


There's much more demand for BOM than DEL. Don't see much demand for HYD and BLR for a daily flight by SG and 6E.

SG is going to add 1 more daily flight to BOM and GOI next month. Its going to be a battle between SG and 6E for a year before they start reducing flights.
SG has got better timings, suitable aircraft (B737-700) and political support.

AI is also going twice daily on BOM-RAJ, from SS'21, with convenient early morning and evening flights.
With this, the sector will see 5 daily which is similar to the earlier peak when 9W was around.

And all 6E flights into RAJ from big metros are on A320.
 
unnayan
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:15 pm

Piyush Goyal pursuing Airbus for an Indian factory...

https://zeenews.india.com/companies/piy ... 44781.html
 
georgiabill
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:53 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:40 pm

I wonder if Boeing would be interested in having a plant,engineering in India?
 
highvoltageeee
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:53 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:15 am

unnayan wrote:
Piyush Goyal pursuing Airbus for an Indian factory...

https://zeenews.india.com/companies/piy ... 44781.html



I highly doubt anything of that sort will happen. Right now they should push airbus for more sourcing from India, boeing sources a lot from india compared to airbus. But who knows good connections with french might help as well.
 
pune
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:37 pm

I agree with the assessment shared by @FligtReporter . @hohd I had forgotten the navi mumbai construction at all. The only economic sense to have an airport as shared would be between Pune and Solapur as a sort of mid-way but then I don't know how it would work. By road, Solapur is around 12 hrs. from Pune so a mid-way means 6 hrs. while Navi Mumbai is 4-5 hrs. I do know there is lot of taxis/uber who used to do pune to mumbai airport 1000 bucks one-way. The poor man's way was taking the train from pune to mumbai, get down at one of the stations which has access to metro which goes near to mumbai airport and then do the last mile from the airport.

Now of course, the taxi one is much more easier while the other one is a nutter because you never know. What if and when any of the bus, train etc. may break down making the journey more uncertain. I know it's a bit rambling but guess you know what I mean. Hence having a metro to the airport takes lot of uncertainty out.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:55 am

pune wrote:
I agree with the assessment shared by @FligtReporter . @hohd I had forgotten the navi mumbai construction at all. The only economic sense to have an airport as shared would be between Pune and Solapur as a sort of mid-way but then I don't know how it would work. By road, Solapur is around 12 hrs. from Pune so a mid-way means 6 hrs. while Navi Mumbai is 4-5 hrs. I do know there is lot of taxis/uber who used to do pune to mumbai airport 1000 bucks one-way. The poor man's way was taking the train from pune to mumbai, get down at one of the stations which has access to metro which goes near to mumbai airport and then do the last mile from the airport.

Now of course, the taxi one is much more easier while the other one is a nutter because you never know. What if and when any of the bus, train etc. may break down making the journey more uncertain. I know it's a bit rambling but guess you know what I mean. Hence having a metro to the airport takes lot of uncertainty out.


Rightly said...Metro is a must for any airport especially if its of a major city ! I think what the MAHA gov is in store for PNQ is the NAVI MUMBAI airport...after its built they will have it as a pretext to use for not giving PNQ a new airport and it will further delay the project and irony is that Puneites don't make any noise about because most of them take INTL flights from BOM anyways...thankfully NAG and IXU are far away from their famous big brother BOM so they are at least given required attention unlike PNQ.
 
hohd
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:01 pm

pune wrote:
I agree with the assessment shared by @FligtReporter . @hohd I had forgotten the navi mumbai construction at all. The only economic sense to have an airport as shared would be between Pune and Solapur as a sort of mid-way but then I don't know how it would work. By road, Solapur is around 12 hrs. from Pune so a mid-way means 6 hrs. while Navi Mumbai is 4-5 hrs. I do know there is lot of taxis/uber who used to do pune to mumbai airport 1000 bucks one-way. The poor man's way was taking the train from pune to mumbai, get down at one of the stations which has access to metro which goes near to mumbai airport and then do the last mile from the airport.

Now of course, the taxi one is much more easier while the other one is a nutter because you never know. What if and when any of the bus, train etc. may break down making the journey more uncertain. I know it's a bit rambling but guess you know what I mean. Hence having a metro to the airport takes lot of uncertainty out.


I don't mean an airport between Pune and Solapur, but building the new Pune airport on the Solapur side of Pune (SE side), but still close to Pune city and serving primarily Pune only. I am assuming that land is cheaper on that side of Pune. Solapur already has a small airport which is sufficient for the city of that size. And Solapur is not 12 hrs from Pune, it is about 4 hrs from Pune. And some Pune residents for international travel connect through DEL or BLR or HYD too, rather than driving to BOM to catch the flight.

And by the way, what is the status of Navi Mumbai airport construction. Haven't heard anything for a while.
 
sand26391
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:16 am

IndiGo to fly 4x weekly between Bareilly & Mumbai, 3x weekly between BEK & BLR from April end.
Bookings not yet open.
 
DTWLAX
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:17 am

pune wrote:
By road, Solapur is around 12 hrs. from Pune so a mid-way means 6 hrs. while Navi Mumbai is 4-5 hrs.

Solapur is not 12 hours from Pune. Distance is about 250 km or 4-5 hours away.
Navi Mumbai is not 4-5 hours but just about 2.5 hours from Pune (125 km).
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:41 am

sand26391 wrote:
IndiGo to fly 4x weekly between Bareilly & Mumbai, 3x weekly between BEK & BLR from April end.
Bookings not yet open.


As a Lucknowite its such a great feeling to see 6E propagating its services to other corners of my state.Its a great news for me and the residents of my home state (UP) BEK becomes the 6th Destination for 6E in my state after LKO(6E's UP base),Prayagraj,Agra,Varanasi and Gorakhpur which makes UP the only Indian state with the largest number of daily Narrowbody operating airports.

I have seen indiGo become the largest airline of my state since quite a few years from now when I began seeing their 7 or 8 aircrafts being parked overnight and their crew and pilots residing in my city.It has become the most preferred airline of my city not only because it offers great prices but most importantly it offers great connectivity and to most of the destinations across India and I don't see others airlines giving any competition to 6E in LKO or UP as whole for at least another 10 years.

I think my nekghbouring town Kanpur could be next destination for 6E but at the moment SG is the only player that's operating out of KNU besides,the airport is a military operated civil enclave and they are still constructing a good size civil terminal so that will take some time.

Overall I'm relieved that not only people from across the state will have the convenience of getting direct flights to other cities from their villages and towns and they won't have to spend extra to come to my city just to take a flight for DEL,BOM etc.
 
whiplash
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:27 am

6E is soon going to start some flights out of Kanpur, considering they have recently added the charts for KNU in their system.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:47 am

whiplash wrote:
6E is soon going to start some flights out of Kanpur, considering they have recently added the charts for KNU in their system.


Oh thats great to know ! any idea what Aircraft type would they operate to/from KNU ?

I reckon 6E already owns the highest number of flights operated to and fro my state so addition of KNU would be a treat...Since last month 6E has become my personal favourite and Its giving me more reasons to keep it as one !
 
whiplash
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:18 am

FligtReporter wrote:
whiplash wrote:
6E is soon going to start some flights out of Kanpur, considering they have recently added the charts for KNU in their system.


Oh thats great to know ! any idea what Aircraft type would they operate to/from KNU ?

I reckon 6E already owns the highest number of flights operated to and fro my state so addition of KNU would be a treat...Since last month 6E has become my personal favourite and Its giving me more reasons to keep it as one !


Don't hold your breath. IndiGo is known to preemptively supply charts of airfields and then take months to start something. Funny enough, the revision for KNU came just yesterday. As far as which aircraft type they will be using is anyone's guess. All depends on loads and connecting airports.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:30 am

whiplash wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
whiplash wrote:
6E is soon going to start some flights out of Kanpur, considering they have recently added the charts for KNU in their system.


Oh thats great to know ! any idea what Aircraft type would they operate to/from KNU ?

I reckon 6E already owns the highest number of flights operated to and fro my state so addition of KNU would be a treat...Since last month 6E has become my personal favourite and Its giving me more reasons to keep it as one !


Don't hold your breath. IndiGo is known to preemptively supply charts of airfields and then take months to start something. Funny enough, the revision for KNU came just yesterday. As far as which aircraft type they will be using is anyone's guess. All depends on loads and connecting airports.


Thanks for the info bro...Yeah let's see what they come up with ...BTW do you fly for 6E though ?
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:24 am

I'm scheduled to fly on 30th this month and with news like this I'm ruing the moment I booked my flights...like what the Debbie downer is goin on here ?

this chap shouldn't even have left his home at first place and I guess now the checking is not that stringent probably thats why he ended up on the plane ... God knows how many Covid Positive fellas are roaming around freely propagating the virus

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... 16789.html
 
pune
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:16 pm

hohd wrote:
I don't mean an airport between Pune and Solapur, but building the new Pune airport on the Solapur side of Pune (SE side), but still close to Pune city and serving primarily Pune only. I am assuming that land is cheaper on that side of Pune. Solapur already has a small airport which is sufficient for the city of that size. And Solapur is not 12 hrs from Pune, it is about 4 hrs from Pune. And some Pune residents for international travel connect through DEL or BLR or HYD too, rather than driving to BOM to catch the flight.

And by the way, what is the status of Navi Mumbai airport construction. Haven't heard anything for a while.


First, about the Navi mumbai one, don't really know. The rumors are that adani might interfere here also. Just don't know. The way the Govt. is cheering the Adani group, seem there will be only one pan-India airport operator.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 76331.html

And the Govt. doesn't need to explain its any policies to its people anymore. So we are left with guess-work as well as GVK and others. FWIW, they are the ones who bagged the construction of the airport but then when they had bagged it, they were part-owner of an airport in the same city, now they are not.So it's difficult to say what will happen next.

The problem with the Solapur side is there had been some attempts in the past, but nothing was ever put into concrete. The State Govt. needs to take an active role and then the Center needs to accept. With the state-center relations below par, don't think any new proposal will see light of day.
 
pune
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:18 pm

DTWLAX wrote:
pune wrote:
By road, Solapur is around 12 hrs. from Pune so a mid-way means 6 hrs. while Navi Mumbai is 4-5 hrs.

Solapur is not 12 hours from Pune. Distance is about 250 km or 4-5 hours away.
Navi Mumbai is not 4-5 hours but just about 2.5 hours from Pune (125 km).


I am just sharing from memory, the last time I traveled by road, although about a decade or a bit more, it took almost a day to reach there. Probably things have improved since the last time I visited.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:59 am

As if the nut cases nationally were not enough for our embarassment we have an international embarassment this time !

I wish we had a system of kicking such pax out of the plane airborne..Hope he rotts in jail for 10 or so years.

https://m.timesofindia.com/world/europe ... 367425.cms
 
pune
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:39 pm

Such cases will always be there.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 367425.cms

I primarily use desktop hence sharing the above if somebody uses desktop too, I don't enjoy the mobile UI. We don't really know what sort of reasons there was. I do hope the story gets followed, although do know that nowadays especially anything concerning the world is not seen so much follow-up. I am more concerned about the various sikh-hindu stuff which has broken out both in Australia and Canada, those are not good things, I know they are outside the purview of this board, but do hope peace prevails over there.
 
pune
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:21 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
As if the nut cases nationally were not enough for our embarassment we have an international embarassment this time !

I wish we had a system of kicking such pax out of the plane airborne..Hope he rotts in jail for 10 or so years.

https://m.timesofindia.com/world/europe ... 367425.cms


Somehow what I shared and what you shared has come contextually together. Just today in evening, saw on twitter/social media where they had shown the disruptive passenger and shows how he is abusing Punjabis and the flight attendant. Consequently, he was offboarded and arrested. I had made the above comments thinking that perhaps either the person might have received some distressing news which made him flew into rage or something else out of ordinary happened. But the whole thing on Youtube as well as other social media places clearly show what happened. You can also see the accused doing that. If he wants to fight with Punjabis, he could have done it after coming down in Delhi, why to do ruckus mid-flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPkM87ehxkE

The sad part is Times of India didn't share all the details, but can understand that, they do not want the newspaper to be locked out.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:04 am

pune wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
As if the nut cases nationally were not enough for our embarassment we have an international embarassment this time !

I wish we had a system of kicking such pax out of the plane airborne..Hope he rotts in jail for 10 or so years.

https://m.timesofindia.com/world/europe ... 367425.cms


Somehow what I shared and what you shared has come contextually together. Just today in evening, saw on twitter/social media where they had shown the disruptive passenger and shows how he is abusing Punjabis and the flight attendant. Consequently, he was offboarded and arrested. I had made the above comments thinking that perhaps either the person might have received some distressing news which made him flew into rage or something else out of ordinary happened. But the whole thing on Youtube as well as other social media places clearly show what happened. You can also see the accused doing that. If he wants to fight with Punjabis, he could have done it after coming down in Delhi, why to do ruckus mid-flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPkM87ehxkE

The sad part is Times of India didn't share all the details, but can understand that, they do not want the newspaper to be locked out.


I second whatever you said,If this man had to lodge protest or complaint or whatever he should have waited for the flight to land and then proceeded to the authorities or kick and screamed or whatever way he wanted to show his displeasure but Mid Air Ruckus is just moronic and most importantly its detrimental to everyone.

Thanks for the link Bruh !
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 am

I see LKO-GOP-LKO by alliance air is added on Flight searches..Probably by next month or so they may launch this flight !

Though I've never flown to GOP but would love to fly this route for a same day return..I hope 6E starts LKO-AGR too for I love the sight of the Taj from the skies..the last time I saw it from the aircraft was back in 2017 when I visited Khajuraho. Can't wait to be back.
 
pune
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:29 am

FligtReporter wrote:
pune wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
As if the nut cases nationally were not enough for our embarassment we have an international embarassment this time !

I wish we had a system of kicking such pax out of the plane airborne..Hope he rotts in jail for 10 or so years.

https://m.timesofindia.com/world/europe ... 367425.cms


Somehow what I shared and what you shared has come contextually together. Just today in evening, saw on twitter/social media where they had shown the disruptive passenger and shows how he is abusing Punjabis and the flight attendant. Consequently, he was offboarded and arrested. I had made the above comments thinking that perhaps either the person might have received some distressing news which made him flew into rage or something else out of ordinary happened. But the whole thing on Youtube as well as other social media places clearly show what happened. You can also see the accused doing that. If he wants to fight with Punjabis, he could have done it after coming down in Delhi, why to do ruckus mid-flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPkM87ehxkE

The sad part is Times of India didn't share all the details, but can understand that, they do not want the newspaper to be locked out.


I second whatever you said,If this man had to lodge protest or complaint or whatever he should have waited for the flight to land and then proceeded to the authorities or kick and screamed or whatever way he wanted to show his displeasure but Mid Air Ruckus is just moronic and most importantly its detrimental to everyone.

Thanks for the link Bruh !


more so after 9/11 . And to fight with the flight-attendant. That itself is grounds for arrest, I do hope that the Govt. of Bulgaria take strong action. I do know that in Australia, it is being reported that some people have been threatened with deportation as they are trying to incite riots there. Similarly, Canada Govt. is also thinking the same. Also did hear that Australian Govt. banned RSS and VHP but dunno if it's just rumor or a real thing. Haven't been able to get it authenticated one way or the other :( . Sadly, it seems India will be in news for wrong reasons for some time to come :(
 
atal17
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:56 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:08 am

GoAir to commence Surat operations from March 2021

[*] 2 daily Delhi-Surat

G81827 DEL0700 - 0850STV 320 D
G81833 DEL1855 - 2045STV 320 D

G81828 STV0920 - 1110DEL 320 D
G81834 STV2115 - 2305DEL 320 D

[*] 1 daily Kolkata-Surat

G81865 CCU1700 - 1945STV 320 D

G81866 STV2015 - 2300CCU 320 D

More flights expected.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:49 am

Good for STV !
 
avier
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:11 pm

atal17 wrote:
GoAir to commence Surat operations from March 2021


GoAir seems to be in some crazy expansion mode. They have announced the launch of six new destinations simultaneously! They are - Amritsar, Dehradun, Shirdi, Surat, Tirupati & Vishakapatnam. And bookings have opened for all the sectors. Before this was Mangalore & Coimbatore.
Heck, even 6E hasn't ever done it at such a scale. They announce stations but gradually start them.
 
CPS001
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:52 pm

avier wrote:
atal17 wrote:
GoAir to commence Surat operations from March 2021


GoAir seems to be in some crazy expansion mode. They have announced the launch of six new destinations simultaneously! They are - Amritsar, Dehradun, Shirdi, Surat, Tirupati & Vishakapatnam. And bookings have opened for all the sectors. Before this was Mangalore & Coimbatore.
Heck, even 6E hasn't ever done it at such a scale. They announce stations but gradually start them.


One thing to note is GoAir (and SpiceJet too) are highly temperamental and leave routes at the first instance of competition. GoAir in particular has dropped a lot of routes even before launch. When they entered Coimbatore, they opened bookings for MAA, BLR and BOM, but only BOM ended up operating, that too after a long delay. Other routes like MAA-BBI/LKO too were sold but never flew. Plus GoAir hasn't been inducting many aircraft of late so at least some of these routes will be at the expense of others. Similarly SpiceJet is the king of 3-month routes which typically end once IndiGo enters.

Speaking of CJB, SpiceJet has stopped their ops there for the summer. Probably the most significant airport they won't serve.
 
avier
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:54 pm

CPS001 wrote:
One thing to note is GoAir (and SpiceJet too) are highly temperamental and leave routes at the first instance of competition. GoAir in particular has dropped a lot of routes even before launch. When they entered Coimbatore, they opened bookings for MAA, BLR and BOM, but only BOM ended up operating, that too after a long delay. Other routes like MAA-BBI/LKO too were sold but never flew. Plus GoAir hasn't been inducting many aircraft of late so at least some of these routes will be at the expense of others. Similarly SpiceJet is the king of 3-month routes which typically end once IndiGo enters.

Speaking of CJB, SpiceJet has stopped their ops there for the summer. Probably the most significant airport they won't serve.

Well then, it's to see what new routes they actually end up flying. Though they seem to be daring enough to enter all 6E ( and some SG) dominant markets here. Spice runs away from 6E, but seeing GoAir's expansion, they are going after 6E/SG routes.
Regarding Spice, for some strange reason they have no flights showing on BOM-Kerala and most of TN i.e BOM-CJB/IXM, from SS'21. They had great presence in these sectors pre-covid and have just disappeared all of a sudden. Going by their fleet, they seem to have shrunk after returning a dozen 737's last year with no new additions. And 737 MAX still remains grounded in India.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:26 am

SG know they stand no chance against 6E...The real boss of Indian Aviation is 6E..I still remember how back in 15 or 16ish SG started flights from my homebase to SHJ and DEL and they couldn't even keep them flights running for more than 3 months,for LKO is a base for 6E and SG learnt it quick that they can't stand a chance at LKO probably thats why they decided to shift to KNU, for some reason all other airlines struggle here..Air India has been courageous enough to start Flights from LKO to BLR,PNQ and DED but I'm sure they will scrap em soon cause 6E just keeps producing new frequencies like Taylor's new singles.

At the moment no on can challenge 6E they have all that it takes to take over as an airline.
 
hohd
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:15 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
SG know they stand no chance against 6E...The real boss of Indian Aviation is 6E..I still remember how back in 15 or 16ish SG started flights from my homebase to SHJ and DEL and they couldn't even keep them flights running for more than 3 months,for LKO is a base for 6E and SG learnt it quick that they can't stand a chance at LKO probably thats why they decided to shift to KNU, for some reason all other airlines struggle here..Air India has been courageous enough to start Flights from LKO to BLR,PNQ and DED but I'm sure they will scrap em soon cause 6E just keeps producing new frequencies like Taylor's new singles.

At the moment no on can challenge 6E they have all that it takes to take over as an airline.


As an airport LKO would want full service airlines to serve - Air India, Vistara as they have good international flights, alliances, and interline baggage, and AI especially has generous baggage allowance. I would rather have many AI (or Vistara) flights in addition to a few Indigo or Spice Jet flights to the airport.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:38 pm

hohd wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
SG know they stand no chance against 6E...The real boss of Indian Aviation is 6E..I still remember how back in 15 or 16ish SG started flights from my homebase to SHJ and DEL and they couldn't even keep them flights running for more than 3 months,for LKO is a base for 6E and SG learnt it quick that they can't stand a chance at LKO probably thats why they decided to shift to KNU, for some reason all other airlines struggle here..Air India has been courageous enough to start Flights from LKO to BLR,PNQ and DED but I'm sure they will scrap em soon cause 6E just keeps producing new frequencies like Taylor's new singles.

At the moment no on can challenge 6E they have all that it takes to take over as an airline.


As an airport LKO would want full service airlines to serve - Air India, Vistara as they have good international flights, alliances, and interline baggage, and AI especially has generous baggage allowance. I would rather have many AI (or Vistara) flights in addition to a few Indigo or Spice Jet flights to the airport.


We already have Vistara and AI operating but all I'm waiting for is the resumption of the Saudia A333 flights since covid its been a dormant sight since almost a year to see my homebase without a widebody ! I'm hoping to see AI 788s or 777s during Hajj operations though.
 
User avatar
trinidadeG
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:37 am

Ex-Jet Airways CEO Vinay Dube mulls starting a domestic airline in 2021
Vinay Dube, plans to start a domestic airline in India in 2021, CNBC-TV18 has learnt. Dube has reached out to the ministry of civil aviation and the aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on the matter and has held more than one round of discussion on the same with DGCA and the civil aviation ministry, sources added.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/ex-je ... 626721.htm
 
hohd
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:51 pm

trinidadeG wrote:
Ex-Jet Airways CEO Vinay Dube mulls starting a domestic airline in 2021
Vinay Dube, plans to start a domestic airline in India in 2021, CNBC-TV18 has learnt. Dube has reached out to the ministry of civil aviation and the aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on the matter and has held more than one round of discussion on the same with DGCA and the civil aviation ministry, sources added.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/ex-je ... 626721.htm



The last thing India needs is another domestic airline, especially the market still not at pre-Covid levels. With Jet 2.0 still struggling to launch, plus a variety of small operators already flying or expanding, Indian market cannot absorb any more new airlines, unless one of the existing goes bankrupt. Then we will have the same cycle start all over again. New airline - existing airline bankruptcy - New airline or a New avatar of a bankrupt airline like Jet 2.0.
 
pune
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:07 pm

hohd wrote:

The last thing India needs is another domestic airline, especially the market still not at pre-Covid levels. With Jet 2.0 still struggling to launch, plus a variety of small operators already flying or expanding, Indian market cannot absorb any more new airlines, unless one of the existing goes bankrupt. Then we will have the same cycle start all over again. New airline - existing airline bankruptcy - New airline or a New avatar of a bankrupt airline like Jet 2.0.


Completely agree, on the money. If he has money, let him put into Jet 2.0 or whatever, there is just no need for a new airline at all.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:15 am

I'm gona be sticking to my current favourite IndiGo for its based at my homebase,Flies direct to the most destinations from LKO,Offers great price and Great connections (OH and I love their Paneer Tikka Sandwich lol )

It would be waste to have another airline in Indian skies with Air Asia still struggling..the reason is that IndiGo alone is quite large enough for the Indian market and is handing it correctly with the help of sidekicksike Spice and Goair so...Mr Dubey may end up again filing for bankruptcy should he decides to start up an airline.
 
pune
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:55 pm

I can't believe I missed it. Somehow saw this on my youtube recommendations and had to share with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQIqYb8d5-I

I think most of his views are on the notch. Especially that the industry may take upto 5 years to recover. In such a scenario, probably more than half the industry would be wiped out. And I do know for a fact that airlines are squeezing as much as they can out of their employees, not really an ideal situation.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:43 am

Super excited to be flying my most favourite aircraft ATR 72-600 after 7 months.This time it will be with Air India sub Alliance air,Last time I flew it with IndiGo JAI-IDR-LKO and this time I'm super excited for my very first visit to Gorakhpur and my very first In-state flight onboard my favorite aircraft !! Though I have flown within my state between VNS and AGR back in 2017 but that was on Air India 319 enroute HJR which originated in DEL however this time Its a brand new flight starting from 28th of this month and I'm looking forward for this exciting trip.

I hope to experience the in state flight with 6E ATR as well which will be GOP-IXD-GOP and Hope AI starts more ATR services from my homebase to other nearby towns and cities !
 
TEMPO
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:11 pm

Bengaluru KIA opens 9L/27R as a Cat I runway, allowing simultaneous operations on both its runways. Flight tracking apps show arrivals on 9L and departures on 9R just now. Low visibility ops will only be on 9R given its IIIB capabilities.

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/kia-i ... 66595.html
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2856
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:17 pm

See the link: Indian Carriers Vistara and SpiceJet Bag Coveted London Heathrow LHR Slots for S21

Does anyone know why Indigo did not apply for these tens of million dollar slots? They could have got it for free. Respond in teh dedicated thread in the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1459239
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2856
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:20 pm

TEMPO wrote:
Bengaluru KIA opens 9L/27R as a Cat I runway, allowing simultaneous operations on both its runways. Flight tracking apps show arrivals on 9L and departures on 9R just now. Low visibility ops will only be on 9R given its IIIB capabilities.

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/kia-i ... 66595.html


One runways is CAT III the other is just CAT -I. During COVID slowdown they had an easy opportunity to upgrade CAT 1 to CAT 3. Someday they will have to anyway causing major disruption at that time. Penny wise pound foolish.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2856
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:47 pm

I have not been in this thread for a long time. Therefore, can someone please let me know what % of traffic has India reached compared to pre-covid separately for domestic and international. I assume the latter would be still be suppressed because of international restrictions but how about domestic? Has it recovered to 75% of pre-COVID?

Separately, what happened with Mumbai airport and how did it fall into the hands of Adani? What about the other 6 airports that Adani won from privatization.......how many have actually been handed over to him?

What's the financial status of SpiceJet. I read somewhere that they recently lost a case on their regional aircraft and have to pay like $40 to $50 million dollars.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:37 pm

edealinfo wrote:
I have not been in this thread for a long time. Therefore, can someone please let me know what % of traffic has India reached compared to pre-covid separately for domestic and international. I assume the latter would be still be suppressed because of international restrictions but how about domestic? Has it recovered to 75% of pre-COVID?

Separately, what happened with Mumbai airport and how did it fall into the hands of Adani? What about the other 6 airports that Adani won from privatization.......how many have actually been handed over to him?

What's the financial status of SpiceJet. I read somewhere that they recently lost a case on their regional aircraft and have to pay like $40 to $50 million dollars.


I just know that My homebase is under Adaani and they have expedited Terminal 3 construction work and it looks like it should be ready by late next year or so...Dunno about other Adani airports though.
 
hohd
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:35 pm

edealinfo wrote:
I have not been in this thread for a long time. Therefore, can someone please let me know what % of traffic has India reached compared to pre-covid separately for domestic and international. I assume the latter would be still be suppressed because of international restrictions but how about domestic? Has it recovered to 75% of pre-COVID?

Separately, what happened with Mumbai airport and how did it fall into the hands of Adani? What about the other 6 airports that Adani won from privatization.......how many have actually been handed over to him?

What's the financial status of SpiceJet. I read somewhere that they recently lost a case on their regional aircraft and have to pay like $40 to $50 million dollars.


According AAI India traffic statistics: Traffic News Annexure III

Comparing April 2019 to Feb 2020 vs April 2020 to Feb 2021, international dropped 86%, with DEL carrying about 50% of the international traffic now. Domestic dropped 65% and overall drop is 69%. Once March 2021 data is released, the full year comparisons can be done.

Comparing Feb 2020 to Feb 2021, international has dropped 73%, domestic 36% and overall about 42%,
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2856
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:13 pm

hohd wrote:
According AAI India traffic statistics: Traffic News Annexure III

Comparing April 2019 to Feb 2020 vs April 2020 to Feb 2021, international dropped 86%, with DEL carrying about 50% of the international traffic now. Domestic dropped 65% and overall drop is 69%. Once March 2021 data is released, the full year comparisons can be done.

Comparing Feb 2020 to Feb 2021, international has dropped 73%, domestic 36% and overall about 42%,

Thanks!
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2856
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - Q1 2021

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:15 pm

avier wrote:
GoAir seems to be in some crazy expansion mode. They have announced the launch of six new destinations simultaneously! They are - Amritsar, Dehradun, Shirdi, Surat, Tirupati & Vishakapatnam. And bookings have opened for all the sectors. Before this was Mangalore & Coimbatore.


So, are their Mangalore & Coimbatore flights all in operations and how are they doing in terms of utilization? Didn't they give up on an airport close to Mangalore (can't recall its name)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos