Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
williaminsd
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Wow... out of nowhere WN drops another exciting route bomb. These cities must be jubilant! Congrats!
 
av8tiongeek
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:23 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:51 pm

I'd like to see WN add Portsmouth, NH.
 
BMcD
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:54 pm

https://gazette.com/premium/southwest-h ... 0e733.html

Looks like advanced bookings are ahead of forecasts and is willing to expand. Great news for COS and expansion of services.

The usage of gates is interesting, there is an east side that has either never been used or was used very minimally for the WestPac expansion. Right now it is housing offices and meetings but guessing it can be transformed into a concourse/gates again quickly.
 
n562wn
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:56 pm

BMcD wrote:
https://gazette.com/premium/southwest-has-high-hopes-big-plans-for-colorado-springs/article_e6a50b30-7ad5-11eb-8dd9-a319bbf0e733.html

Looks like advanced bookings are ahead of forecasts and is willing to expand. Great news for COS and expansion of services.

The usage of gates is interesting, there is an east side that has either never been used or was used very minimally for the WestPac expansion. Right now it is housing offices and meetings but guessing it can be transformed into a concourse/gates again quickly.

Deleted*
 
SeaDoo
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:56 pm

Shocked with Bellingham. I am guessing this wouldn't have happened without CoronaVirus.
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 15374
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Sneaky WN, stealing G4's playbook....

BLI, VPS, SRQ, MYR, EUG, & SAV all announced in the past year.....


For me this is an interesting dynamic in the markets like EUG that aren't big tourist destinations. From a network perspective, WN ex-EUG will be a lot closer to a legacy than to G4 (good luck flying EUG-CHI, NYC, or ATL on G4). I'm not sure that sort of market is large enough for WN and G4 to coexist but it seems like WN has a clear advantage. BLI is more dynamically similar to the tourist destination cities since, at least when there's not a pandemic raging, there's some built-in outbound tourist demand.
 
ChrisPBacon
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:14 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:07 pm

I'm guessing the only station that might be big enough to have WN employees will be MYR? I would imagine BLI and EUG will be contracted out for sure. WN might keep MYR under the cap at launch, but I bet there are some senior agents and rampers who would love the transfer in there.
 
EFA2014
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:22 pm

av8tiongeek wrote:
I'd like to see WN add Portsmouth, NH.


Would LOVE to see Portsmouth! Perfect location for summer vacationers, but im not hopeful with BOS, MHT, PWM....
 
Runway765
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:21 am

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:22 pm

Link is behind a paywall
 
joeljack
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:38 pm

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:27 pm

I would think WN could do really well in COS but it does take passengers away from DEN for sure. The southern part of Denver isn't too much further than COS but once you figure in not having to take a bus to park at a reasonable rate, COS is much more appealing than DEN for locals in the south metro area.

If WN at COS gets a good route network going, over a few years the south metro Denver residents will flock to this airport and it will get a name for itself, as long as they don't have to connect to get to their destination!
 
User avatar
NWAESC
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Cubsrule wrote:

For me this is an interesting dynamic in the markets like EUG that aren't big tourist destinations. From a network perspective, WN ex-EUG will be a lot closer to a legacy than to G4 (good luck flying EUG-CHI, NYC, or ATL on G4). I'm not sure that sort of market is large enough for WN and G4 to coexist but it seems like WN has a clear advantage.


I think you're right. EUG also has a larger catchment area than people might think. PDX and MFR are both far enough away to be unappealing. Having the University of Oregon there obviously helps, but Oregon State isn't that far way, either (roughly 50 miles).
 
Osubuckeyes
Posts: 1901
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:05 am

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Does EUG have enough gate space? I'm sure its not too difficult for them to expand since they aren't exactly space constrained, but back in the early 2010s I was flying into EUG a bunch and its not like they had plenty of gate or counter space back then, and service has double or tripled since with AA, DL, G4, UA all adding flights, and now WN.

EUG has come a long way, other than G4 the only mainline I remember from back then was 735s to SFO on UA.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 10200
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:44 pm

WN732 wrote:
I was just thinking yesterday that WN in EUG would be a good add. Bellingham is a surprise but they've had interest in northern Washington before and I'm glad it came to fruition. MYR is a natural add and will solidify some of the southeast vacation traffic


They're not chasing northern Washingtonians with BLI - it's Canadians, with Customs fees arbitrage. Here are the U.S. fees avoided by departing from BLI vs. YVR:

United States APHIS Passenger Fee Passengers (XA)
$3.96
United States Customs User Fee (YC)
$5.99
United States Immigration User Fee (XY)
$7.00
US International Arrival Tax (US)
$38.20

It's the same situation as Plattsburgh, Buffalo or Niagara Falls and DTW (check for accents on the Economy Lot shuttle buses).
 
av8tiongeek
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:23 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Bring back Key West and Newark
 
tphuang
Posts: 6720
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:51 pm

All great adds, I think BLI/EUG connect to DEN and OAK. MYR probably to BWI/MDW/BNA?
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:03 pm

av8tiongeek wrote:
Bring back Key West and Newark


100%. We want some WN in the Northeast, but they’re just not an option.
 
SWADawg
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
av8tiongeek wrote:
Bring back Key West and Newark


100%. We want some WN in the Northeast, but they’re just not an option.

Patience. WN will be back in EWR once the new Terminal is ready. EYW had some runway performance issues that if WN can work through should also make a comeback into the network in the next year or two. I expect several more route announcements in the coming months.
 
hohd
Posts: 1059
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:09 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
WN732 wrote:
I was just thinking yesterday that WN in EUG would be a good add. Bellingham is a surprise but they've had interest in northern Washington before and I'm glad it came to fruition. MYR is a natural add and will solidify some of the southeast vacation traffic


They're not chasing northern Washingtonians with BLI - it's Canadians, with Customs fees arbitrage. Here are the U.S. fees avoided by departing from BLI vs. YVR:

United States APHIS Passenger Fee Passengers (XA)
$3.96
United States Customs User Fee (YC)
$5.99
United States Immigration User Fee (XY)
$7.00
US International Arrival Tax (US)
$38.20

It's the same situation as Plattsburgh, Buffalo or Niagara Falls and DTW (check for accents on the Economy Lot shuttle buses).


Not to mention Canadian taxes. I agree. WN is courting Vancouver area residents, and Bellingham airport is closer to some Vancouver suburbs than YVR.
 
av8tiongeek
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:23 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:09 pm

Mr. Kelly has been promising 50 destinations or years now. With SWA turning 50 I think it's safe to say the announcements will keep coming. I totally agree with you on the return to Newark. The Max grounding and Hawaii expansion plus the moving that would be necessary during the terminal project it only made sense to "exit" the market for now.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:26 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
From the other thread, WN has announced MYR, EUG, and BLI. MYR makes a lot of sense, but EUG and BLI? Wow.

A lot of Buzz was going around this weekend that WN was going to add "Extra Small cities". I honestly don't think EUG and MYR fall into that category but BLI definitely might.

EUG and BLI definitely would make great choices for the Rumored upcoming Saturday only service to HNL.

Flyguy


Makes you wonder if there might be more to come.
 
DenverTed
Posts: 757
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:33 pm

Flown SEA-DEN hundreds of times, and now switched to PAE in Everett which is great. If WN goes BLI-DEN, that would be even better.
Oakland, Vegas, maybe Portland or Spokane would be worth trying. COS is starting at 13 flights a day, but hard to see BLI as even 6 or 8.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 5553
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:37 pm

joeljack wrote:
I would think WN could do really well in COS but it does take passengers away from DEN for sure. The southern part of Denver isn't too much further than COS but once you figure in not having to take a bus to park at a reasonable rate, COS is much more appealing than DEN for locals in the south metro area.

If WN at COS gets a good route network going, over a few years the south metro Denver residents will flock to this airport and it will get a name for itself, as long as they don't have to connect to get to their destination!


That could be helpful, it's going to be interesting how COS and DEN metro areas grow in the next few years. I know many people that live on the north side of COS and work in Denver, and COS is looing to hit 1 million in population by the end of the decade. Much higher when you include all of El Paso County.

It's been notable how flights have ungauged since the WN announcement, with UA flying various A319 up to 739s in for service this year instead of the constant conga line of CRJ2.
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:47 pm

So with the latest announcements, are the 10 largest markets (not airports) in the contiguous 48 states without WN service at least as measured by 2019 enplanements SYR, TYS, MSN, GSO, XNA, DAY, PGD, AVL, MDT, and LEX?
 
dbo861
Posts: 1073
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 2:20 am

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:50 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:
Would love to see an extra small market approach. Might be my only hope to see them at CID.


They've been - mostly - running hard in the opposite direction for the past 15 years. DEN, PHL, IAD, BOS, SFO, LGA, ATL, IAH, ORD.... Paying $$$ to make the 717s go away. Persistently upgauging with every new aircraft delivery since the first 738 in 2012. If WN has so many spare aircraft they need to pull an Allegiant and run a market like CID 3x weekly, they've got issues.


I would have agreed with you up until a year ago, but since Covid they've been adding much smaller markets to their network (e.g. EUG and BLI that were just announced today). I could see CID supporting 3-4 flights a day, or I could see them re-entering MLI which was an AirTran market up until the merger.
 
User avatar
NWAESC
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:
Does EUG have enough gate space? I'm sure its not too difficult for them to expand since they aren't exactly space constrained, but back in the early 2010s I was flying into EUG a bunch and its not like they had plenty of gate or counter space back then, and service has double or tripled since with AA, DL, G4, UA all adding flights, and now WN.

EUG has come a long way, other than G4 the only mainline I remember from back then was 735s to SFO on UA.



Good question! I know DL uses a mix of jetways and remote boarding.

It's been awhile, but I think I counted 5 jetways when I last flew through. The "A" concourse is upstairs and has bridges, while "B" is downstairs and uses ground boarding.
 
DenverTed
Posts: 757
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Next stop for WN, Fort Collins? How many passengers from WY and northern CO? Lots of new houses and development in that area.
 
User avatar
SteveXC500
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:16 pm

With all of these smaller city additions, once flying goes back to “normal,” do some of these cities get dropped? Are they really sustainable after COVID?

Selfishly, I’d love to see them expand at MSP but I have my doubts about seeing real growth there.
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 15374
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:17 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Osubuckeyes wrote:
Does EUG have enough gate space? I'm sure its not too difficult for them to expand since they aren't exactly space constrained, but back in the early 2010s I was flying into EUG a bunch and its not like they had plenty of gate or counter space back then, and service has double or tripled since with AA, DL, G4, UA all adding flights, and now WN.

EUG has come a long way, other than G4 the only mainline I remember from back then was 735s to SFO on UA.



Good question! I know DL uses a mix of jetways and remote boarding.

It's been awhile, but I think I counted 5 jetways when I last flew through. The "A" concourse is upstairs and has bridges, while "B" is downstairs and uses ground boarding.


A has 5 jet bridges (A2 through A6). Putting a jet bridge on A1 should not be difficult because A is three basically identical sets of two gates, but the single A hold room isn't that large. The landside infrastructure is pretty big and accommodating WN should not be an issue at ticketing or bag claim.
 
User avatar
SteveXC500
Posts: 681
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:17 pm

I asked in a related thread but are these small markets sustainable once COVID restrictions end?
 
drdisque
Posts: 1490
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:57 am

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:42 pm

I can't imagine opening BLI until the road border with Canada is re-opened.

MYR is strong seasonally. It's completely dead November-Mid March. I doubt MYR could support more than 1x BWI during the off-season (maybe they could based on the local catchment area and leakage from CAE and ILM). Another advantage they have in MYR is the weak loyalty program of the dominant carrier in NK that probably doesn't drive much actual loyalty and any AA and DL loyals are already conditioned to connecting.

EUG has been growing a lot lately. It makes sense to try. Yields are pretty solid there. I would guess OAK and DEN and maybe LAX or PHX?
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:44 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
With all of these smaller city additions, once flying goes back to “normal,” do some of these cities get dropped?
Probably

SteveXC500 wrote:
Are they really sustainable after COVID?
Probably not, but for WN, that appears to be a conversation for another day.
 
Wneast
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:50 pm

I see a dark horse of a Hawaii flight from BLI
 
User avatar
NWAESC
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Wneast wrote:
I see a dark horse of a Hawaii flight from BLI


Did G4 ever try this? I'm pretty sure they did EUG-HNL?
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:04 pm

EUG and BLI
I can see something like
2 OAK, 2 DEN
And 2 LAS.

MYR I can see a similar schedule like they have planned for SAV.

Flyguy
 
Wneast
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:05 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Wneast wrote:
I see a dark horse of a Hawaii flight from BLI


Did G4 ever try this? I'm pretty sure they did EUG-HNL?

They tried Geg, EUG and BLI it didn’t work because of there planes and other issues not that there isn’t enough to fill the flights
 
iAvgeek737
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:23 am

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:08 pm

Well so far all my predictions (VPS, MIA, FAT, COS, MYR, BZN, BLI) have come true so might as well predict some more destinations and see if we get them in the future
SYR, BVT, FAR, CHO, TLH, DAB, HSV
(Now that I think of it, I might be good to hire at F9, I just dartboarded that)
 
Wneast
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:09 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
wnflyguy wrote:
EUG and BLI
I can see something like
2 OAK, 2 DEN
And 2 LAS.

MYR I can see a similar schedule like they have planned for SAV.

Flyguy

I’m wondering what are the places rumored to have Saturday only Hawaii service might be ?
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:10 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Wneast wrote:
I see a dark horse of a Hawaii flight from BLI


Did G4 ever try this? I'm pretty sure they did EUG-HNL?

They tried several 3nd tier markets from Hawaii but chose to use very used maintenance ridden 757-200 that ate away any and all profits from the venture.

WN has not only a more reliable aircraft and they also fly inter island so they can feed themselves via HNL if they were to run several Saturday only markets.

Flyguy
 
DenverTed
Posts: 757
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Wneast wrote:
I see a dark horse of a Hawaii flight from BLI

BLI-Hilo
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 10200
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:19 pm

BMcD wrote:
https://gazette.com/premium/southwest-has-high-hopes-big-plans-for-colorado-springs/article_e6a50b30-7ad5-11eb-8dd9-a319bbf0e733.html

Looks like advanced bookings are ahead of forecasts and is willing to expand. Great news for COS and expansion of services.


How many flights a day do you think WN could offer from COS, and how many gates would be required?

I'm not a lawyer giving legal advice but I believe you could have posted a brief extract of the article supplemented by your own comments. That's really useful when a link points behind a paywall.
 
Wneast
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:21 pm

DenverTed wrote:
Wneast wrote:
I see a dark horse of a Hawaii flight from BLI

BLI-Hilo

That would for sure be a interesting route
 
Wneast
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:22 pm

What else could they add from COS ?
 
n562wn
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:26 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
BMcD wrote:
https://gazette.com/premium/southwest-has-high-hopes-big-plans-for-colorado-springs/article_e6a50b30-7ad5-11eb-8dd9-a319bbf0e733.html

Looks like advanced bookings are ahead of forecasts and is willing to expand. Great news for COS and expansion of services.



I'm not a lawyer giving legal advice but I believe you could have posted a brief extract of the article supplemented by your own comments. That's really useful when a link points behind a paywall.


I had the same paywall issue with the link on my phone. It for some reason lets you read it on a computer however.
 
astaz
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:27 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
NWAESC wrote:
Wneast wrote:
I see a dark horse of a Hawaii flight from BLI


Did G4 ever try this? I'm pretty sure they did EUG-HNL?

They tried several 3nd tier markets from Hawaii but chose to use very used maintenance ridden 757-200 that ate away any and all profits from the venture.

WN has not only a more reliable aircraft and they also fly inter island so they can feed themselves via HNL if they were to run several Saturday only markets.

Flyguy


Could a 737 loaded with fuel and people for Hawaii handle the 6700' runway in BLI?
 
alohashirts
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:28 pm

WN is really going after G4 and maybe even any potential routes Breeze could’ve been wanting to do.

After these routes I could definitely see UST, SGU, IDA, GPT, and RAP added
 
Wneast
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:31 pm

astaz wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
NWAESC wrote:

Did G4 ever try this? I'm pretty sure they did EUG-HNL?

They tried several 3nd tier markets from Hawaii but chose to use very used maintenance ridden 757-200 that ate away any and all profits from the venture.

WN has not only a more reliable aircraft and they also fly inter island so they can feed themselves via HNL if they were to run several Saturday only markets.

Flyguy


Could a 737 loaded with fuel and people for Hawaii handle the 6700' runway in BLI?

I believe it can because for a awhile Alaska was doing fights to Maui and hnl but they could for sure do it with the max 8
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:33 pm

Wneast wrote:
What else could they add from COS ?

COS could easily be a 40 to 50 daily flights City.
Because as WN grows DEN more it will get that unfortunate stigma for the southern Co travels who don't want to be bothered by the Drive and Crowded DEN experience. COS will definitely drawl and cater to the Anti DEN crowds.

Flyguy
Last edited by wnflyguy on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Wneast
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Southwest in COS

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:34 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Wneast wrote:
What else could they add from COS ?

COS could easily be a 40 to 50 daily flights City.

Flyguy

That would be lots of potential adds for sure
 
cschleic
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:47 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:34 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

For me this is an interesting dynamic in the markets like EUG that aren't big tourist destinations. From a network perspective, WN ex-EUG will be a lot closer to a legacy than to G4 (good luck flying EUG-CHI, NYC, or ATL on G4). I'm not sure that sort of market is large enough for WN and G4 to coexist but it seems like WN has a clear advantage.


I think you're right. EUG also has a larger catchment area than people might think. PDX and MFR are both far enough away to be unappealing. Having the University of Oregon there obviously helps, but Oregon State isn't that far way, either (roughly 50 miles).


Anyone up to the Wilsonville area can be a potential EUG traveler given horrible traffic from Wilsonville north. Living south of Salem, EUG can be a wonderful option for more reliable drive time and getting through the airport. I can get from my car to the gate in under 10 minutes. New flights to EUG add to the options.
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Southwest Announces BLI, EUG, MYR

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:49 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Wneast wrote:
I see a dark horse of a Hawaii flight from BLI


Did G4 ever try this? I'm pretty sure they did EUG-HNL?

I don't know, but AS did.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos