Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ADent

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:32 pm

DEN-HI has been 2x 777A and 4x 757-200 lately (well until the 777As were grounded - but it sounds like they will be back).

The MAX7 s/b competitive with the 757s.

Until the 757s are retired and replaced by A321NEO XLR on the route WN s/b fine.

Jshank83

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:02 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
ScottB wrote:
ASFlyer wrote:
my point isn't whether the plane can make it. The MAX7 may well be able to fly long distances such as this. The question was whether WN would be at a cost disadvantage using a MAX7 on such a route given the low number of seats vs a 777 or 767 that UA would most likely be using. Since they haven't announced flights from DEN at this point, I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

I'm not sure why you think 767s and 777s have lower operating costs per seat than a MAX 7 or A32X neo for that matter. The MAX 7 is going to offer a lot fewer seats, but the trip fuel burn is in the neighborhood of one-third that of the 777. If widebodies were the magic bullet to compete with WN on price, we'd see many more of them in the domestic market.

yeah, we'll see. I realize the costs to operate a 787, 777 or a 767 are higher than that of a MAX. That's obvious. They also carry significantly more passengers to cover the costs. You don't see a lot of widebodies operating domestically because airlines compete hard on schedule. They put smaller planes on routes with higher demand so they can offer more frequency. I'm assuming WN isn't going to go with high frequency between DEN and HNL. If WN puts 3 737 MAX7's on DEN-HNL, UA will no doubt match them with bigger planes. I just don't see WN winning that battle. Nobody knows til it happens.

After reading thru all these replies I am trying to figure out why they both can't succeed? Does there need to be a "winner". Some people like WN, some like UA. There is enough to go around. I can't see one pricing that much different than the other one so they should both be fine. Frequency will match demand for each.

jetmatt777

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:12 pm

UA handles a lot of cargo to and from Hawaii that WN will be unable to carry. It helps to offset the increased cost of the wide bodies. When the high capacity 200s return UA can dump as much capacity as necessary at 364 seats at a time.

ASFlyer

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:59 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
ASFlyer wrote:
ScottB wrote:

I'm not sure why you think 767s and 777s have lower operating costs per seat than a MAX 7 or A32X neo for that matter. The MAX 7 is going to offer a lot fewer seats, but the trip fuel burn is in the neighborhood of one-third that of the 777. If widebodies were the magic bullet to compete with WN on price, we'd see many more of them in the domestic market.

yeah, we'll see. I realize the costs to operate a 787, 777 or a 767 are higher than that of a MAX. That's obvious. They also carry significantly more passengers to cover the costs. You don't see a lot of widebodies operating domestically because airlines compete hard on schedule. They put smaller planes on routes with higher demand so they can offer more frequency. I'm assuming WN isn't going to go with high frequency between DEN and HNL. If WN puts 3 737 MAX7's on DEN-HNL, UA will no doubt match them with bigger planes. I just don't see WN winning that battle. Nobody knows til it happens.

After reading thru all these replies I am trying to figure out why they both can't succeed? Does there need to be a "winner". Some people like WN, some like UA. There is enough to go around. I can't see one pricing that much different than the other one so they should both be fine. Frequency will match demand for each.

entirely possible. There doesn't have to be "a winner" - Maybe there's room for two airlines flying multiple flights daily from DEN to Hawaii.

barney captain

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:14 pm

When HI was first announced on WN, people were calling foul because there was no way to connect from anywhere east of the Sierra's, DEN-HI will connect the entire CONUS. And some are still calling foul. :roll:

O23

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:45 pm

So does anyone have any idea of when the first possible route announcements may be?

planecane

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:13 am

ericm2031 wrote:

Do we know yet with the stretch of the MAX7, but also increased capacity, will seat pitch (and width) mimic that of the -700s or the -800/MAX8s? According to their site, the -700s have 31" and -800/MAX8 have 32" and width is 17" and 17.8" (I didn't realize there were different widths too).

When the MAX7 was launched, WN said it would have the same pitch as the MAX8/-800 at 150 seats.

iAvgeek737

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:38 am

orlandocfi wrote:
par13del wrote:
orlandocfi wrote:
Gary Kelly will be gone soon. Bob Jordan will be a transitional leader to be followed by a transformational leader who *will* order larger planes. WN is going up against the big boys now and larger capacity aircraft will be essential to remain competitive.

Which big boys are they going to be going up against that they have not been doing for the last 10 - 20 years, or do you mean going into more major airports, they recently did MIA but left EWR, so.....

You answered your own question, so…
yes, those big boys in their big boy fortress hubs.
DFW showdown, coming soon to a theatre near you…

Malice in Dallas Part 2: The Battle of Ft Worth

Wneast

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:41 am

O23 wrote:
So does anyone have any idea of when the first possible route announcements may be?

For what routes ?

O23

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Wneast wrote:
O23 wrote:

For what routes ?

The Denver ones

Jshank83

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:36 pm

O23 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
O23 wrote:

For what routes ?

The Denver ones

There is a schedule extension next week. So I am sure there is a chance of announcements then.

737Jason

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:05 pm

How many routes could we potentially see with this schedule extension?

Wneast

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:07 pm

737Jason wrote:

Who knows we might just see cuts but probably not

b777900

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:16 pm

any one else here WN is looking into the A220?

SWADawg

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:25 pm

b777900 wrote:

I haven’t herd anything. Nothing to see hear.

wnflyguy

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:34 pm

b777900 wrote:

No They lost out to the MAX7 order.
Switching topics.
Still a strong Buzz about DEN now just getting EGE and DRO for the next Rocky Mountain Ski season.
CUN,MBJ and SJD all will likely see quite an increase in Saturday only seasonal flying with the addition of 4 more international gateways.

Hawaii increases have been pushed to Summer time 2022.
Boeing certification delays on the MAX7 have pushed WN planned ETOPS certification from February to Mid March.
According to sources.

New markets with daily service are expected from FAT and EUG.
PSP sounds like it will also see some Seasonal Saturday only flying coming this January.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

bob75013

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:55 pm

b777900 wrote:

Stop with the A220 at Southwest nonsense. the topic seems to come up every three months or so..

Gary Kelly basical ly said "hell no" three months ago

c

"We're not thinking about another airplane at all," Kelly told the Dallas Morning News. Southwest had reportedly been considering the Airbus (EADSY) A220 before deciding on the Boeing 737 Max jet in March."

Wneast

Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:50 am

wnflyguy wrote:
b777900 wrote:

Switching topics.
Still a strong Buzz about DEN now just getting EGE and DRO for the next Rocky Mountain Ski season.
CUN,MBJ and SJD all will likely see quite an increase in Saturday only seasonal flying with the addition of 4 more international gateways.

Boeing certification delays on the MAX7 have pushed WN planned ETOPS certification from February to Mid March.
According to sources.

PSP sounds like it will also see some Seasonal Saturday only flying coming this January.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

What new INT gate ways ? FAT and EUG I’m guessing PHX. Seasonal Saturday to PSP what else could they add ?

jplatts

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 221

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:28 am

Wneast wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

What new INT gate ways ?

I would likely expect WN to add some nonstop international flights out of LAS with LAS being the largest WN station where WN hasn't operated any nonstop international flights.

DAL is the next largest WN station (after LAS) where WN hasn't operated nonstop international flights, but the WARA and the 5-party agreement prohibit nonstop international flights out of DAL.

MCI is the next largest WN station (after LAS and DAL) where WN hasn't operated nonstop international flights, but WN will be starting Saturday-only MCI-CUN nonstop service on November 13, 2021.

DCA and LGA are two of the largest WN stations where WN hasn't operated any nonstop international flights, but both DCA and LGA are slot-restricted and perimeter-restricted airports where nonstop service is restricted to within-perimeter domestic destinations and within-perimeter international destinations with CBP border preclearance facilities. WN adding DCA-AUA/NAS nonstop service might be possibilities with AUA and NAS having US CBP border preclearance, and AA also operates LGA-AUA and DCA-NAS nonstop service due to US CBP facilities at AUA and NAS.

PDX is one of the largest WN stations where WN hasn't operated nonstop international flights, and WN adding some nonstop international flights out of PDX might be a possibility. Most of the AS nonstop international routes out of PDX currently don't have any nonstop competition, whereas AS has nonstop competition from DL on some of its nonstop international routes out of SEA (or at least did prior to the COVID-19 pandemic).

SFO is one of the largest WN stations where WN hasn't operated any nonstop international flights, but WN does operate OAK-SJD nonstop service and previously operated nonstop international flights out of SJC prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

SEA is one of the largest WN stations where WN hasn't operated any nonstop international flights, but I probably would not expect WN to add any nonstop international flights out of SEA.

AC4500

Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:36 am

Wneast wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
b777900 wrote:

Switching topics.

According to sources.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

What new INT gate ways ? FAT and EUG I’m guessing PHX. Seasonal Saturday to PSP what else could they add ?

EUG-DEN/PHX.

wnflyguy

Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:27 pm

AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Switching topics.

According to sources.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

EUG-DEN/PHX.

Ya I’ve heard
With both PHX and DEN new gates opening up seems like some growth coming to both in the spring.
EUG And BLI both getting 1 DEN and 1 PHX.
FAT talk is there losing one LAS round trip but gaining 2 PHX round trips and a additional DEN flight. 2 DEN,2 LAS and 2 PHX.
SBA also sounds like it’s getting 2 daily PHX.
PSP talk that it will get another LAS flight.
In addition to PDX,BLI,MDW, BNA,BWI and DAL Saturday only seasonal service between January-April.

LGB sounds like it’s losing STL service but will
Be replaced with a daily BWI flight.

Who knows what coming but the speculation is back.
So that’s good I guess?
Like always Enjoy or Don’t.

Flyguy

avi8

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 221

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:03 pm

jplatts wrote:
Wneast wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

What new INT gate ways ?

I would likely expect WN to add some nonstop international flights out of LAS with LAS being the largest WN station where WN hasn't operated any nonstop international flights.

DAL is the next largest WN station (after LAS) where WN hasn't operated nonstop international flights, but the WARA and the 5-party agreement prohibit nonstop international flights out of DAL.

MCI is the next largest WN station (after LAS and DAL) where WN hasn't operated nonstop international flights, but WN will be starting Saturday-only MCI-CUN nonstop service on November 13, 2021.

DCA and LGA are two of the largest WN stations where WN hasn't operated any nonstop international flights, but both DCA and LGA are slot-restricted and perimeter-restricted airports where nonstop service is restricted to within-perimeter domestic destinations and within-perimeter international destinations with CBP border preclearance facilities. WN adding DCA-AUA/NAS nonstop service might be possibilities with AUA and NAS having US CBP border preclearance, and AA also operates LGA-AUA and DCA-NAS nonstop service due to US CBP facilities at AUA and NAS.

PDX is one of the largest WN stations where WN hasn't operated nonstop international flights, and WN adding some nonstop international flights out of PDX might be a possibility. Most of the AS nonstop international routes out of PDX currently don't have any nonstop competition, whereas AS has nonstop competition from DL on some of its nonstop international routes out of SEA (or at least did prior to the COVID-19 pandemic).

SFO is one of the largest WN stations where WN hasn't operated any nonstop international flights, but WN does operate OAK-SJD nonstop service and previously operated nonstop international flights out of SJC prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

SEA is one of the largest WN stations where WN hasn't operated any nonstop international flights, but I probably would not expect WN to add any nonstop international flights out of SEA.

I’m confused by your post. Half of the cities you mentioned are probably some of the smallest WN stations. You pretty much have to connect to travel to most cities in the WN network from SEA/SFO/PDX/DCA/LGA.

That being said, token flights to CUN seems to be the trend for WN so who knows what we might see.

WN732

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:18 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

EUG-DEN/PHX.

Ya I’ve heard
With both PHX and DEN new gates opening up seems like some growth coming to both in the spring.
FAT talk is there losing one LAS round trip but gaining 2 PHX round trips and a additional DEN flight. 2 DEN,2 LAS and 2 PHX.
In addition to PDX,BLI,MDW, BNA,BWI and DAL Saturday only seasonal service between January-April.

So that’s good I guess?

Flyguy

Would be great to see LGB get a transcon.

dbo861

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:20 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

EUG-DEN/PHX.

Ya I’ve heard

So that’s good I guess?

Flyguy

When is the new concourse at PHX supposed to open? I was there a few weeks ago and it seemed like they still have a lot of work to do on it.

wnflyguy

Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:52 pm

https://cnn.it/3tpYF90?fbclid=IwAR2n1nu ... OVB_hAgCMU
Not to Side track this into a debate about covid.
But WN handles a Huge amount of DOD Charters.
Will this cause WN to implement the mandatory requirements on is workforce Vs walking away from millions of dollars in DOD contracts?

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

dc10lover

Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:08 pm

Between Southwest Airlines & Alaska Airlines here in California, Southwest is still leading the competition.

Wneast

Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:14 pm

dc10lover wrote:
Between Southwest Airlines & Alaska Airlines here in California, Southwest is still leading the competition.

Honestly I feel like no matter how hard Alaska try’s southwest will always be the biggest airline in California

rumorboy

Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:20 pm

In coming CEO Bob Jordan said at the Cowen 14th Annual Transportation conference today that they may exercise ALL of their options in 22 and take 114 aircraft next year. But also said that they would retire many aircraft. He didn’t say what the break down was. I would guess the 7’s.

It is on Seeking Alpha website transcripts. I couldn’t paste the link.

Jshank83

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Tough for me to see then adding extra transcons ie LGB-BWI when they are short staff. I’d think they would be cutting them more than adding. Especially since LGBs numbers haven’t been all that great have they? I figured they would have shorter routes from LGB if anything.

Guess we will see in a week.

Vctony

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:19 pm

dbo861 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
EUG-DEN/PHX.

Ya I’ve heard

So that’s good I guess?

Flyguy

When is the new concourse at PHX supposed to open? I was there a few weeks ago and it seemed like they still have a lot of work to do on it.

My guess would be May or June of 2022 (but they could try to rush to get it done by late February in time for spring training). I didn't think T3 would be ready as early as it was around this time in 2019 but they got it completed by February of 2020.

Wneast

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:53 am

wnflyguy wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

EUG-DEN/PHX.

Ya I’ve heard

So that’s good I guess?

Flyguy

Let’s hope some of your speculation come true and that we actually will get adds knowing WN they will just cut

jbs2886

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:58 am

rumorboy wrote:
In coming CEO Bob Jordan said at the Cowen 14th Annual Transportation conference today that they may exercise ALL of their options in 22 and take 114 aircraft next year. But also said that they would retire many aircraft. He didn’t say what the break down was. I would guess the 7’s.

It is on Seeking Alpha website transcripts. I couldn’t paste the link.

That’s 50 options. I have to imagine they need to exercise those ASAP for delivery next year. https://www.southwestairlinesinvestorre ... 0Filed.pdf page 33

BA744PHX

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:02 am

wnflyguy wrote:
b777900 wrote:

Switching topics.

According to sources.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

Would those MBJ adds be primarily be from the east and Midwest? Would LAX/LAS/DEN/PHX have a shot ?

ScottB

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:01 am

rumorboy wrote:

LUV isn't retiring any -800s soon unless they're write-offs due to an accident. WN's first -800 arrived in 2012 so the entire -800 subfleet is still under 10 years old. They've got a bunch of -700s which are approaching 25 years and SWA typically retires owned aircraft around that age, give or take a few years.

WN732

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:39 pm

ScottB wrote:
rumorboy wrote:

LUV isn't retiring any -800s soon unless they're write-offs due to an accident. WN's first -800 arrived in 2012 so the entire -800 subfleet is still under 10 years old. They've got a bunch of -700s which are approaching 25 years and SWA typically retires owned aircraft around that age, give or take a few years.

I think he was referring to the 7's as the 7 series registrations, like N707SA, 781WN, etc. They are all of the oldest 1997- models. To note the 7 series have a good proportion of the -700 special liveries so perhaps we'll see them all come on MAX7's.

ScottB

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:52 pm

WN732 wrote:
I think he was referring to the 7's as the 7 series registrations, like N707SA, 781WN, etc. They are all of the oldest 1997- models. To note the 7 series have a good proportion of the -700 special liveries so perhaps we'll see them all come on MAX7's.

That seems unlikely. Attendees at an investor/analyst-focused conference (Cowen is an investment bank) are generally not going to care about which tail numbers are going to be retired (unless they have some sort of security or leasing interest in specific aircraft). They are going to care about fleet size and composition since those give insight into the company's capacity plans as well as expenses/unit cost. Knowing (spitball numbers) that 50 MAX 7's next year are for growth, while 50 will replace retiring aircraft, is useful for modeling cost and revenues. Knowing that N711HK will be retired is interesting to a subset of avgeeks but not useful to anyone else outside the company.

wnflyguy

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Well here’s a great Rumor that I hope it’s true.
Since the MAX7 is being Geared as the MDW wonder Jet. It’s Rumored that Illinois one will be repainted on one of the First MAX7 deliveries.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

737MAX7

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:35 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Well here’s a great Rumor that I hope it’s true.
Since the MAX7 is being Geared as the MDW wonder Jet. It’s Rumored that Illinois one will be repainted on one of the First MAX7 deliveries.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

I was hoping both Illinois and Tennessee One would be painted on a MAX 7. Fingers crossed :)

jplatts

Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:29 pm

737Jason wrote:

Here is the current breakdown of WN service out of DAL on 1/3/2022 (as of 9/11/2021):
4x ABQ, 3x AMA, 5x ATL, 6x AUS, 5x BWI, 2x BHM, 1x BUR, 2x CHS, 1x CLT, 5x MDW, 4x ORD, 3x COS, 2x CMH, 8x DEN, 1x VPS, 4x ELP, 3x FLL, 3x RSW, 1x HRL, 1x HDN, 10x HOU, 6x IAH, 2x IND, 4x MCI, 7x LAS, 2x LIT, 1x LGB, 5x LAX, 1x SDF, 3x LBB, 1x MEM, 3x MIA, 4x MAF, 1x MKE, 1x MSP, 1x MTJ, 5x BNA, 4x MSY, 4x LGA, 2x OAK, 1x OMA, 1x ONT, 1x SNA, 6x MCO, 1x PSP, 2x ECP, 1x PNS, 1x PHL, 7x PHX, 1x PIT, 1x RDU, 1x RNO, 2x SMF, 5x STL, 2x SLC, 5x SAT, 4x SAN, 2x SJC, 1x SRQ, 1x SAV, 3x TPA, 3x TUL, 5x DCA

WN currently has 188 daily departures out of DAL on 1/3/2022 (as of 9/11/2021), down from the 195 daily departures that WN was operating out of DAL in January 2020.

Of the nonstop routes that WN was planning on operating out of DAL in 2020 prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, WN hasn't yet re-added DAL-BOS/CLE/DTW nonstop service.

WN does have enough room at DAL to add a few more flights with WN still operating fewer daily departures out of DAL than it did prior to the COVID-19 pandemic (through at least 1/5/2022).

jplatts

Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:55 pm

orlandocfi wrote:

WN will be able to serve airports other than DAL in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex without having to give up any gates at DAL starting in 2025, which is a little more than 3 years away.

There was a discussion regarding post-2024 plans for WN in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1452713&start=50.

orlandocfi

Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:21 am

jplatts wrote:
orlandocfi wrote:

WN will be able to serve airports other than DAL in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex without having to give up any gates at DAL starting in 2025, which is a little more than 3 years away.

There was a discussion regarding post-2024 plans for WN in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1452713&start=50.

In other words, 2025 is just around the corner…and given the uncertainty that exists today, the next 3+ years could get very…interesting!

Jshank83

Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:26 am

WN chopped their Nov/Dec schedules. At least non holiday.

Wneast

Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:29 am

Jshank83 wrote:

So next week probably won’t be full of more chops or still will ?

Jshank83

Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:50 am

Wneast wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

I’d guess for now everything in the schedule is fairly set. Probably some closer in adjustments as needed.

Will be curious to see the next extension when it comes out next week.

wnflyguy

Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:43 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

I’d guess for now everything in the schedule is fairly set. Probably some closer in adjustments as needed.

Will be curious to see the next extension when it comes out next week.

Unfortunately Delta Variant is wrecking havoc on Booked travel. Definitely a spike in cancellations starting to peak on anything that’s not Thanksgiving and Christmas/New years.
The whole industry is getting slammed again it’s going to be a bad winter.
I don’t expect any new additions until Spring Break 2022.
But so far Thru this whole pandemic WN published a full schedule with new additional flying and made adjustments as needed 30 days out.
The Vaccinated people are the ones not afraid to travel.
With mandatory Vaccination requirements coming to millions spring Break might have a silver lining.
A Huge Democratic of Family’s with kids 12 and under are avoiding vacations. But once there Kids get Vaccinated hopefully by December 1 it will spur a uptick in new travel.

Bob Jordan was in DEN this week and he said WN has HUGE things in store for them. The MAX7 opens up a lot of new opportunities for DEN.

A lot of people keep talking about DEN west this ski season
EGE,DRO and JAC.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

Wneast

Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:23 am

I would love to see GEG be a one of those Saturday only PSP flights rumored being added but I highly doubt we get anything tell next summer

Midwestindy

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:50 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Unfortunately Delta Variant is wrecking havoc on Booked travel. Definitely a spike in cancellations starting to peak on anything that’s not Thanksgiving and Christmas/New years.
The whole industry is getting slammed again it’s going to be a bad winter.
I don’t expect any new additions until Spring Break 2022.
But so far Thru this whole pandemic WN published a full schedule with new additional flying and made adjustments as needed 30 days out.
The Vaccinated people are the ones not afraid to travel.
With mandatory Vaccination requirements coming to millions spring Break might have a silver lining.
A Huge Democratic of Family’s with kids 12 and under are avoiding vacations. But once there Kids get Vaccinated hopefully by December 1 it will spur a uptick in new travel.

There are not many families traveling until Thanksgiving because thats the only major school vacation for the rest of the year, outside of a couple days off in October.

It's not like tons of families had trips planned for September, and chose to cancel due to the Delta variant.

wnflyguy

Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Leadership Changes Continue As Southwest Airlines Tom Nealon President Abruptly Retires.

Flyguy

Flflyer83

Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:02 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Leadership Changes Continue As Southwest Airlines Tom Nealon President Abruptly Retires.

Flyguy

But will remain on as a consultant…

tphuang

Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 pm

this seems huge. Didn't even give the poor guy a chance to find another opening as a face saving out. Either a huge disagreement over something or getting punished for something like overscheduling over the summer time.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos