Wneast

Re: Southwest Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:22 am

WN should add GEG-PSP and AUS next

jplatts

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:36 am

OKCDCA wrote:
I’m shocked to see OKC. Even more shocked to see TUL. But AA has built a pretty good network out of OKC at a time when WN got stagnant. WN has already responded to Breeze in OKC, will be interesting to see if they respond to AA.

And I never thought I’d say one carrier is responding to another in OKC!

I do not expect WN to re-add OKC-DAL nonstop service anytime soon since the PDEW of OKC-DAL was only 28 passengers/day in Q4 2019 and since the COVID-19 pandemic further weakened O&D demand between the DFW/DAL and OKC markets. The PDEW of OKC-DFW was only 12 passengers/day in Q4 2020 compared to a PDEW of 104 passengers/day on OKC-DFW/DAL in Q4 2019 and a PDEW of 60 passengers/day on OKC-DFW in Q1 2020.

If WN wants to better compete against AA in the OKC market, WN adding OKC-FLL/LAX nonstop service might be possibilities with the MIA/FLL and LAX markets having much stronger demand from OKC than the DFW/DAL or AUS markets. WN increasing OKC-MDW nonstop service is also a possibility with WN currently only operating 1x daily nonstop between OKC and MDW along with the FF base that WN has in both the CHI and OKC markets.

While SAT currently lacks nonstop service out of OKC, OKC-SAT had higher PDEW's in Q4 2019 than OKC-DAL or OKC-AUS did, with the PDEW of OKC-SAT being 58 passengers/day in Q4 2019 compared to a PDEW of 43 passengers/day on OKC-AUS or a PDEW of 28 passengers/day on OKC-DAL in Q4 2019.

Western727

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:32 pm

Wneast wrote:

Why, out of curiosity? AUS is a mid-sized city, yes, but GEG is quite small with a metro pop of just over half a million.

Midwestindy

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:35 pm

I wouldn't get too worked up about XYZ station getting fewer frequencies in this extension, if we've learned anything over the last year and a half, it's that WN likes to add flights in the schedule as you get closer to the actual departure date.

If demand warrants it, more frequencies will be added closer in.

OAHU747

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:48 pm

In this release, why would WN reduce so many flights during the Christmas season as compared to the slower SEP/OCT season? Numerous stations lose a significant amount of flights during December.

Western727

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:18 pm

OAHU747 wrote:
In this release, why would WN reduce so many flights during the Christmas season as compared to the slower SEP/OCT season? Numerous stations lose a significant amount of flights during December.

I didn't realize that, thanks for pointing that out. Are you referring to "just" the first couple weeks of December, though, or does your observation also apply to the holidays period starting on roughly 15 Dec? In the case of the latter, that'd be very surprising, given the fairly clear appetite for travel. After all, many of us lost the chance to be with relatives during the last winter holiday period.

Wneast

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:40 pm

Western727 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Why, out of curiosity? AUS is a mid-sized city, yes, but GEG is quite small with a metro pop of just over half a million.

Actually the area around it and is almost a million

sprxUSA

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm

..and besides, AS would be the one to add GEG-AUS, since they added BOI-AUS it's their type of route LOL .

jplatts

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Western727 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

sprxUSA wrote:
..and besides, AS would be the one to add GEG-AUS, since they added BOI-AUS it's their type of route LOL .

If WN were to add nonstop service to Texas from GEG, I probably would expect WN to add GEG-DAL or GEG-HOU nonstop service with the DFW/DAL and IAH/HOU markets having higher PDEW's from GEG than AUS along with there being more connecting opportunities available at DAL or HOU on WN.

AS or AA could add GEG-AUS nonstop service using E-175 regional jets, and both AA and AS have operated E-175 regional jets on routes longer than GEG-AUS with AA having operated DFW-EUG using E-175 regional jets (which has been recently upgauged to A319 mainline aircraft) and AS having operated DAL-PDX/SEA nonstop service using E-175 regional jets.

AS or AA would also be able to more easily fill GEG-AUS nonstop flights on E-175 regional jets, compared to WN who would have to fill a 143-seat 737-700 to make GEG-AUS nonstop service work.

psa1011

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:40 pm

Any ideas on when OAK-SJD/PVR might return?

Buffalomatt1027

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:58 am

USAirALB wrote:
BUF-SJU is added. Interesting route!

weirdly enough .... its going to do well for seasonal. TONS of people in Buffalo (and parts of canada) fly to down to warmer climate during the winter.

The cancun and punta cana seasonal flights have been going on for 3-4 years now maybe and have done great.

azjubilee

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:57 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
The Hardstand gates we're always going to be temporary until the HA moved into it's new Home.
Yes the Diamond head concourse is next to get a complete refurbishment. Starting in 2022.

Enjoy or Don't
Flyguy

Do you know how many gates they will be taking over from Hawaiian when they move over to there new home ?

I’d assume HA will move all their mainland flights out of C and D into the new concourse so there will be more room on C open which. Apparently WNs move into E has already shuffled some things around as AA has moved the majority of their flights into Gates C1 and C3 with overflow remaining in E. Perhaps AA will consolidate in C once HA moves mainland ops out allowing more room in E for WN.

The new Mauka extension to T1 will have 12 gates for 12 narrowbodies. If a widebody is parked there, an adjoining gate will have to be closed, like is currently done at the A gates in T1. This and no FIS being built at Mauka, means that HAL will not be able to totally vacate the C gates. Despite the cute predictions of some here, it doesn't mean total takeover by other carriers of the C gates. All this means is HAL will no longer have to stretch its operation to the end of E and occasionally F and G with the opening of Mauka. I predict the 321/717 operation will dominate T1 with an occasional 330/787. The majority of 330/787s will remain at C, especially when international flying resumes in force.

Wneast

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:01 am

azjubilee wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Do you know how many gates they will be taking over from Hawaiian when they move over to there new home ?

I’d assume HA will move all their mainland flights out of C and D into the new concourse so there will be more room on C open which. Apparently WNs move into E has already shuffled some things around as AA has moved the majority of their flights into Gates C1 and C3 with overflow remaining in E. Perhaps AA will consolidate in C once HA moves mainland ops out allowing more room in E for WN.

The new Mauka extension to T1 will have 12 gates for 12 narrowbodies. If a widebody is parked there, an adjoining gate will have to be closed, like is currently done at the A gates in T1. This and no FIS being built at Mauka, means that HAL will not be able to totally vacate the C gates. Despite the cute predictions of some here, it doesn't mean total takeover by other carriers of the C gates. All this means is HAL will no longer have to stretch its operation to the end of E and occasionally F and G with the opening of Mauka. I predict the 321/717 operation will dominate T1 with an occasional 330/787. The majority of 330/787s will remain at C, especially when international flying resumes in force.

Will now it’s doesn’t seem to be a issue because it’s looks WN is mainly using the E gates so if they vacate some of those then WN can grow in the E terminal and have there whole operations in those gates

KMCOFlyer

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:38 am

Wneast wrote:
azjubilee wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

Will now it’s doesn’t seem to be a issue because it’s looks WN is mainly using the E gates so if they vacate some of those then WN can grow in the E terminal and have there whole operations in those gates

It looks like WN moving into E at HNL has came at the expense of AA who has moved almost all their flights to C now with none arriving in E yesterday. This should help with the COVID safe travels lines as well as neither AA nor DL offerer the Hawaii pre-clear wristbands and when both were arriving at E, the arrival checkpoint lines in E were crazy while C and G had hardly no line due to all the other airlines offering the wristbands. AA moving to C should help with the lines upon arrival.

Wneast

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:41 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:
azjubilee wrote:

It looks like WN moving into E at HNL has came at the expense of AA who has moved almost all their flights to C. This should help with the COVID safe travels lines as well as neither AA nor DL offerer the Hawaii pre-clear wristbands and both were arriving at E, causing crazy lines. AA moving to C should help with the lines upon arrival.

Seems reasonable with WN growing there HNL and whole hawaii operation that they make room for WN to expand in probably use most of the gates there when Hawaiian leaves right ? It’s probably also because AA do they even offer enough flights to need more then 1 and half gates. How many potential gates could WN be moving in on ?

KMCOFlyer

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:53 am

Wneast wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:

It looks like WN moving into E at HNL has came at the expense of AA who has moved almost all their flights to C. This should help with the COVID safe travels lines as well as neither AA nor DL offerer the Hawaii pre-clear wristbands and both were arriving at E, causing crazy lines. AA moving to C should help with the lines upon arrival.

Seems reasonable with WN growing there HNL and whole hawaii operation that they make room for WN to expand in probably use most of the gates there when Hawaiian leaves right ? It’s probably also because AA do they even offer enough flights to need more then 1 and half gates

AA probably needs 3 Gates as their flights tend to arrive around the same time but it will be interesting to see what happens when INTL starts back up. Right now due to COVID restrictions and the need for arrival screenings, all HA mainland arrivals must arrive at either C, E, or G (with nearly all arriving at C right now) and I assume once the restrictions go away completely and the Mauka concourse opens up, HA will move most A330 mainland arrivals into the Mauka concourse (6 Gates) and all A321neo arrivals in A with INTL remaining on C. I’d assume there should be enough room for AA to stay on C as INTL flights are given priority there, but they can always use either D or F for overflow once all the COVID restrictions go away.

Wneast

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:58 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

Seems reasonable with WN growing there HNL and whole hawaii operation that they make room for WN to expand in probably use most of the gates there when Hawaiian leaves right ? It’s probably also because AA do they even offer enough flights to need more then 1 and half gates

AA probably needs 3 Gates as their flights tend to arrive around the same time but it will be interesting to see what happens when INTL starts back up. Right now due to COVID restrictions and the need for arrival screenings, all HA mainland arrivals must arrive at either C, E, or G (with nearly all arriving at C right now) and I assume once the restrictions go away completely and the Mauka concourse opens up, HA will move most A330 mainland arrivals into the Mauka concourse (6 Gates) and all A321neo arrivals in A with INTL remaining on C. I’d assume there should be enough room for AA to stay on C as INTL flights are given priority there, but they can always use either D or F for overflow once all the COVID restrictions go away.

So will WN be the only one on the E concourse when that happens ? There wouldn’t be any airline after Hawaiian moves out of E right ? Could WN potentially have all ten gates in E at least most of the day
Last edited by Wneast on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

KMCOFlyer

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:05 am

Wneast wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:

So will WN be the only one on the E concourse when that happens ?

No, I assume DL and AS will continue to use E. I also just found this picture on Google of WNs new ticket counter setup in Lobby 7 at HNL which appears to be between DL and AAs counter. Looks much better than their old setup in Lobby 6 which was cramped and has no inline baggage screening.

Wneast

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

No, I assume DL and AS will continue to use E. I also just found this picture on Google of WNs new ticket counter setup in Lobby 7 at HNL which appears to be between DL and AAs counter. Looks much better than their old setup in Lobby 6 which was cramped and has no inline baggage screening.
How many does WN use in E now I would imagine if they needed more then six gates they could use others ? And lobby 7 looks much nicer seems they are for sure moving up in HNL they could offer more flights then Hawaiian to the mainland with the potential airports they could still add with ONT, maybe PDX with the max 8 and DEN,BUR,SNA coming online next summer with Max 7 etops maybe some other cites but those for sure

Wneast

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:12 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

How many does WN use in E now I would imagine if they needed more then six gates they could use others ? And lobby 7 looks much nicer seems they are for sure moving up in HNL they could offer more flights then Hawaiian to the mainland with the potential airports they could still add with ONT, maybe PDX with the max 8 and DEN,BUR,SNA coming online next summer with Max 7 etops maybe some other cites but those for sure. Side note I created a thread called WN operations might be good to start putting this all on there and peoples predictions over there so it doesn’t all have to be in this thread

KMCOFlyer

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:24 am

Wneast wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:

How many does WN use in E now I would imagine if they needed more then six gates they could use others ? And lobby 7 looks much nicer seems they are for sure moving up in HNL they could offer more flights then Hawaiian to the mainland with the potential airports they could still add with ONT, maybe PDX with the max 8 and DEN,BUR,SNA coming online next summer with Max 7 etops maybe some other cites but those for sure. Side note I created a thread called WN operations might be good to start putting this all on there and peoples predictions over there so it doesn’t all have to be in this thread

Today, WN had flights arrive at 11 different gates. Obviously they have to share the E Gates with AS and DL now and don’t have an exclusive agreement like they had in G, but it looks like they have access to 11 gates (they have also used F1 and G6 in other previous days) so plenty of room to grow. One issue I’ve heard WN still has is they only have 1 Baggage Claim carousel they can use (#21) and there have been reports of WN pax needing to wait 1+ hours for their bags to come off. Hopefully they find more baggage claim space soon.

- E1
- E2
- E3
- E4
- E5
- E6
- E7
- E8
- E9
- E10
- F2

Wneast

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:25 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

Today, WN had flights arrive at 11 different gates. Obviously they have to share the E Gates with AS and DL now and don’t have an exclusive agreement like they had in G, but it looks like they have access to 11 gates (they have also used F1 and G6 in other previous days) so plenty of room to grow. One issue I’ve heard WN still has is they only have 1 Baggage Claim carousel they can use (#21) and there have been reports of WN pax needing to wait 1+ hours for their bags to come off. Hopefully they find more baggage claim space soon.

- E1
- E2
- E3
- E4
- E5
- E6
- E7
- E8
- E9
- E10
- F2

Hopefully a issue they will solve with them adding even more flights. Maybe they should speed up the new diamond concourse highly unlikely and move WN there with all the gates they want or move DL and AS to make room for more WN in E or give them all E

Silver1SWA

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:16 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

- E1
- E2
- E3
- E4
- E5
- E6
- E7
- E8
- E9
- E10
- F2

E1-E10 and F1 and F2 seem to be the gates WN will use regularly. G1 and G6 could be used as well but it appears E and F is where the action is going to be from now on. Keep in mind they’re not all used at the same times so it’s a constant game of musical gates with AS, DL and possible spillover AA who’s moved mostly to C.

WN primarily uses baggage claim carousel 20 with 21 and 22 used as backup if they’re not being used by someone else. Lengthy bag drop times are a combination of being restricted to one carousel and growing pains leading to staffing issues that will hopefully be resolved soon.

The move to lobby 7 was huge because it’s hooked up to a T-Point (Bag Room) carousel instead of the straight belt/piers linked to lobby 6. Those belts just couldn’t keep up with the bag volume.

The abrupt and unannounced (officially) move has created a bit of a shock to the operation so it’s been a challenging week. Things are gradually getting figured out. I do already miss the small and unique hardstand operation though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KMCOFlyer

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Silver1SWA wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:

- E1
- E2
- E3
- E4
- E5
- E6
- E7
- E8
- E9
- E10
- F2

E1-E10 and F1 and F2 seem to be the gates WN will use regularly. G1 and G6 could be used as well but it appears E and F is where the action is going to be from now on. Keep in mind they’re not all used at the same times so it’s a constant game of musical gates with AS, DL and possible spillover AA who’s moved mostly to C.

WN primarily uses baggage claim carousel 20 with 21 and 22 used as backup if they’re not being used by someone else. Lengthy bag drop times are a combination of being restricted to one carousel and growing pains leading to staffing issues that will hopefully be resolved soon.

The move to lobby 7 was huge because it’s hooked up to a T-Point (Bag Room) carousel instead of the straight belt/piers linked to lobby 6. Those belts just couldn’t keep up with the bag volume.

The abrupt and unannounced (officially) move has created a bit of a shock to the operation so it’s been a challenging week. Things are gradually getting figured out. I do already miss the small and unique hardstand operation though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’ll miss the G hardstands as well but WN had clearly outgrown the area. They will obviously have to share the E Gates with AS and DL, but E gives them more room to expand without needing to split their ops across multiple concourses. It looks like DL is now using AAs old gates that they used at the end of E (E8-E10) while AS still using E2 and E4 but WN appears to have priority over all the other E Gates. It will be interesting to see what happens when DL and AS get back to their pre-COVID schedule (both still aren’t back to 2019 level frequency to HNL) and they need more E Gates but it appears WN has more room to grow in E if needed as the gates aren’t maxed out yet.

southwest1675

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:35 pm

Anyone have any idea how many planes are left in Canyon Blue?

gr8slvrflt

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:51 pm

Last update: 167 or about 23% of the fleet.

jplatts

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:18 pm

Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of LGB in March 2021:
AUS-LGB - 6399 passengers, 9314 seats, 68.70% load factor
DAL-LGB - 4451 passengers, 5991 seats, 74.29% load factor
DEN-LGB - 14499 passengers, 28300 seats, 51.23% load factor
HNL-LGB - 3265 passengers, 7350 seats, 44.42% load factor
HOU-LGB - 3882 passengers, 7015 seats, 55.34% load factor
LAS-LGB - 17722 passengers, 30426 seats, 58.25% load factor
LGB-MDW - 4102 passengers, 6823 seats, 60.12% load factor
LGB-OAK - 8709 passengers, 27792 seats, 31.34% load factor
LGB-OGG - 5161 passengers, 7350 seats, 70.22% load factor
LGB-PHX - 12541 passengers, 28215 seats, 44.45% load factor
LGB-RNO - 3761 passengers, 6070 seats, 61.96% load factor
LGB-SJC - 3129 passengers, 17362 seats, 18.02% load factor
LGB-SMF - 10870 passengers, 27018 seats, 40.23% load factor
LGB-STL - 2546 passengers, 6919 seats, 36.80% load factor

WN732

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:31 pm

jplatts wrote:
Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of LGB in March 2021:

Some of that is not too bad for March. I'd be interested to see what May looks like.

Wneast

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 pm

WN732 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

Some of that is not too bad for March. I'd be interested to see what May looks like.

Especially a lot of those started in March right ?

Ishrion

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:40 pm

Not sure if new, Southwest's next schedule extension is slated for September 16, 2021 which will extend the schedule through April 24, 2022.

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

SteveXC500

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Not sure if new, Southwest's next schedule extension is slated for September 16, 2021 which will extend the schedule through April 24, 2022.

By 9/16, WN will have just 3.5 months available for sale. Wow, that seems extremely low. Any thoughts?

Wneast

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:26 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

By 9/16, WN will have just 3.5 months available for sale. Wow, that seems extremely low. Any thoughts?

It’s always subject to change so it come before who knows

cledaybuck

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:34 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Agreed. Seems like there should be an interim release in late Julyish for January and February.

737Jason

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:45 am

Does anybody know what the "Surprise" Southwest has for thier customers starting on the 15th? My Guess is maybe 50 dollar flights......

Wneast

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:00 am

737Jason wrote:
Does anybody know what the "Surprise" Southwest has for thier customers starting on the 15th? My Guess is maybe 50 dollar flights......

Where are you seeing a surprise on the 15th ?

HeeseokKoo

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:01 am

737Jason wrote:

More like 50% base-fare off going on right now, between mid September until early November.

khaba

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:13 am

Wneast wrote:
737Jason wrote:

not heard anything either, just friday's rally

737Jason

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:23 am

[url][/url]
Wneast wrote:
737Jason wrote:

It is right on Wn's Website, on the homepage.

Wneast

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:26 am

737Jason wrote:
[url][/url]
Wneast wrote:
737Jason wrote:

It is right on Wn's Website, on the homepage.

I’m not seeing anything on the website what does it say nvm it’s on desktop

khaba

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:36 am

oh yeah, I see it now. Gotta be a $50 fares or something. Or yeah, a reannoucement of half off.
Last edited by khaba on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wneast

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:38 am

Probably a fare sale leading up the 50th rally on Friday

khaba

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:54 am

hearing there's a systemwide outage, planes offloading.

e: all from twitter, apartently a wx system crashed.

Atlwarrior

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:19 am

Can someone explain why the braking seems so hard on Southwest''s 737-700? Is it typical for that type of aircraft. I've flown Southwest out of Myrtle Beach twice recently.

khaba

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:34 am

Atlwarrior wrote:
Can someone explain why the braking seems so hard on Southwest''s 737-700? Is it typical for that type of aircraft. I've flown Southwest out of Myrtle Beach twice recently.

It's rough into MDW or SNA, but those are shorter runways and you'll feel it more than other places. Otherwise, it could be due to pilot operation.

SteveXC500

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:56 am

Wneast wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

It’s always subject to change so it come before who knows

Obviously. We all know that. In a normal year, they usually don’t let the for sale inventory drop to this length of time, hence the question.
Yes, they have moved dates before; been around long enough to have experienced it. But, they generally haven’t moved it too much from a stated date, here as 9/16/21.

iAvgeek737

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:57 am

Wneast wrote:
737Jason wrote:

I got it through Southwest email list

Atlwarrior

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:15 am

khaba wrote:
Atlwarrior wrote:

It's rough into MDW or SNA, but those are shorter runways and you'll feel it more than other places. Otherwise, it could be due to pilot operation.

Thanks, the 737-700 braking was hard into MYR twice which uses the former Air Force runway, I think it's at least 9,000 feet.

PVD523

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:05 am

khaba wrote:

Assuming it's been corrected but definitely some delays earlier tonight. Here in the northeast Flt 878 BWI-PVD was delayed 3 hours. Flt 697 MCO-PVD was delayed 2.5 hours. Flt 884 BNA-BOS delayed 3 hours. Flt 173 BWI-BDL delayed 3 hours. Etc...

WN ramp crew here at PVD was expecting 5+ hour delays so certainly a headache but seems it could've been worse.

Western727

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:12 pm

PVD523 wrote:
khaba wrote:

Assuming it's been corrected but definitely some delays earlier tonight. Here in the northeast Flt 878 BWI-PVD was delayed 3 hours. Flt 697 MCO-PVD was delayed 2.5 hours. Flt 884 BNA-BOS delayed 3 hours. Flt 173 BWI-BDL delayed 3 hours. Etc...

WN ramp crew here at PVD was expecting 5+ hour delays so certainly a headache but seems it could've been worse.

Ground stop due to a "3rd party weather information" provider conking out. Seems like it was for a couple of hours.

av8tiongeek

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Does anyone know where the 50th rally is being held in Houston on Friday?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos