Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:13 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
AA is launching the following as well:
BOS-CMH
BOS-AVL
BOS-TVC
BOS-JAC

Great to see some signs of life in BOS! AA seems to be making a push here, their BOS route map is starting to look like the old hub days


Don't forget BOS-ILM which was never actually started in 2020 I believe.

I've read for various news outlets that TVC will be 5 weekly E-170 and ILM will be the weekly Saturday flight. Seems high for TVC and maybe too low for ILM - a wednesday/saturday schedule for be great for ILM. The CMH flights have to be at least double daily.

Also, there may be more to come this was "Phase 1"
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
aaflyer777
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:06 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
aaflyer777 wrote:
AA is launching the following as well:
BOS-CMH
BOS-AVL
BOS-TVC
BOS-JAC

Great to see some signs of life in BOS! AA seems to be making a push here, their BOS route map is starting to look like the old hub days


Don't forget BOS-ILM which was never actually started in 2020 I believe.

I've read for various news outlets that TVC will be 5 weekly E-170 and ILM will be the weekly Saturday flight. Seems high for TVC and maybe too low for ILM - a wednesday/saturday schedule for be great for ILM. The CMH flights have to be at least double daily.

Also, there may be more to come this was "Phase 1"


Swore I saw some BOS-ILM flights go out this summer but I might be mistaken. STL seems like a logical add in the future, fairly large market that I'm sure B6 wants to enter and the only competition is WN. Surprised DL hasn't jumped on that one yet.
 
acavpics
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 am

airbazar wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
airbazar wrote:
Well, well, well.. UA to start BOS-LHR.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1457963
Some of us had been hoping for this, for a long time.


Its wild to think how much the biz class products being offered for BOS-LHR will have changed post COVID. It's going to be a bloodbath as everyone competes for the returning business customers. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Likely to end up with:
B6 and their new Mint Offering
DL with their new 767-400 Delta One
UA with their high J 767 Polaris
BA with their new A350-1000 Suite
AA with their Flagship 777-200 or 787 product
VS with new upper class on their A350s or A330neos

On the economy front I'm hoping that B6 can fill the hole that will have been left by DY. While also potentially keeping pressure on the legacies to keep fares down.


It will be interesting for sure and not just for Boston but globally. A lot of the flights that you listed above rely on connections beyond London too. At the end of the day it will come down to corporate contracts, I think and how fast companies will start to allow their employees to travel. I was just at the United Club in DEN yesterday, circa 3:30pm and was amazing how quiet the place was.


What about high end leisure travelers? Would there be enough rich folks wanting to take luxurious vacations abroad to give decent business class yields to make up for lost business travelers? Just wondering
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:26 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
aaflyer777 wrote:
AA is launching the following as well:
BOS-CMH
BOS-AVL
BOS-TVC
BOS-JAC

Great to see some signs of life in BOS! AA seems to be making a push here, their BOS route map is starting to look like the old hub days


Don't forget BOS-ILM which was never actually started in 2020 I believe.

I've read for various news outlets that TVC will be 5 weekly E-170 and ILM will be the weekly Saturday flight. Seems high for TVC and maybe too low for ILM - a wednesday/saturday schedule for be great for ILM. The CMH flights have to be at least double daily.

Also, there may be more to come this was "Phase 1"


Swore I saw some BOS-ILM flights go out this summer but I might be mistaken. STL seems like a logical add in the future, fairly large market that I'm sure B6 wants to enter and the only competition is WN. Surprised DL hasn't jumped on that one yet.


Just confirmed - I checked aviationdb.com since they have T-100's loaded for S20 and BOS-ILM was not flown June-August.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:16 pm

Compared Top 10 Domestic O+D's for Q3 2019 and Q3 2020. Decreases in traffic in many markets ranged between 75 and 90%. Miami/Fort Lauderdale was an outlier with 65%.

Top 10 Q3 2019

1) Washington DC
2) Chicago
3) Los Angeles
4) San Francisco
5) NYC
6) Orlando
7) Atlanta
8) Miami-Fort Lauderdale
9) Denver
10) Philadelphia

Top 10 Q3 2020
1) Los Angeles
2) Miami/Fort Lauderdale
3) Washington DC
4) Orlando
5) Atlanta
6) Denver
7)Chicago
8)San Francisco
9)Tampa
10) Charlotte
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
airbazar
Posts: 10432
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:26 pm

acavpics wrote:
airbazar wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:

Its wild to think how much the biz class products being offered for BOS-LHR will have changed post COVID. It's going to be a bloodbath as everyone competes for the returning business customers. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Likely to end up with:
B6 and their new Mint Offering
DL with their new 767-400 Delta One
UA with their high J 767 Polaris
BA with their new A350-1000 Suite
AA with their Flagship 777-200 or 787 product
VS with new upper class on their A350s or A330neos

On the economy front I'm hoping that B6 can fill the hole that will have been left by DY. While also potentially keeping pressure on the legacies to keep fares down.


It will be interesting for sure and not just for Boston but globally. A lot of the flights that you listed above rely on connections beyond London too. At the end of the day it will come down to corporate contracts, I think and how fast companies will start to allow their employees to travel. I was just at the United Club in DEN yesterday, circa 3:30pm and was amazing how quiet the place was.


What about high end leisure travelers? Would there be enough rich folks wanting to take luxurious vacations abroad to give decent business class yields to make up for lost business travelers? Just wondering


There is, and there will be. My wife works in that sector (selling high end luxury trips to Europe), however London/England is not a destination for those folks. That market is much more focused around the Mediterranean: France, Italy, Spain, Croatia, and to lesser extent Portugal and Morocco. After a dry spell in 2020 for obvious reasons they are starting to see bookings for the Fall of 2021.
 
FGITD
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:47 am

Not too exciting but since it's all the rage these last few days, it would appear that AF had a 77w divert in and it's been sitting over by the Signature ramp ever since.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:05 am

FGITD wrote:
Not too exciting but since it's all the rage these last few days, it would appear that AF had a 77w divert in and it's been sitting over by the Signature ramp ever since.


Storing it elsewhere saves on outside cleaning fees lol. Might be there a while longer.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:00 pm

So the final AA schedule of new flights.

JAC, ILM, and AVL are all Saturday only.
TVC is 5 weekly
CMH is two daily.

All service is E-175 except JAC which is A319.

Saturday only AVL doesn't make sense to me. ILM and JAC I can see being weekly (a week on Wrightsville Beach or at Grand Tetons/Yellowstone)
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
FGITD
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:09 pm

VS4ever wrote:
FGITD wrote:
Not too exciting but since it's all the rage these last few days, it would appear that AF had a 77w divert in and it's been sitting over by the Signature ramp ever since.


Storing it elsewhere saves on outside cleaning fees lol. Might be there a while longer.


I’ve heard that they’ll be doing an engine change on it. One way or another, should lead to an interesting visitor into the airport. Unless it shows up on a truck I guess
 
User avatar
tlecam
Posts: 1536
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:18 pm

This article talks a bit about Delta's hub/focus city plans.

TL;DR version: Nashville, San Jose and Cincinatti won't return as a hub or focus city; Raleigh, Austin, Seattle and Boston will, with schedules returning in the second half of 2021 (SEA/BOS) or as traffic returns (RDU,AUS).

https://airlineweekly.com/delta-trims-3 ... gh-durham/

A few relevant quotes:

"Speaking at a Raymond James conference on Monday, Delta President Glen Hauenstein told investors that the carrier planned to reinstate just two of its five focus cities as it recovers from the Covid-19 crisis. Austin and Raleigh-Durham will return, while the label will drop from Cincinnati — a former Delta hub — Nashville and San Jose, Calif."

"Delta’s recovery has focused on its core. Hubs in Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis-St. Paul and Salt Lake City have recovered the fastest, buoyed by the return of some domestic travelers. Schedules at its Los Angeles and New York hubs are beginning to come back, with the same planned for its Boston and Seattle hubs in the second half of the year, Hauenstein said. Its Austin and Raleigh-Durham focus cities will come back as business travel recovers."

I have to say that it was nice to actually read and think about growth again.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90
 
iyerhari
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:32 pm

BOS Dec-2020 passenger numbers:

Dec-20 Dec-19 % change
Domestic
Domestic Charter Passenger 379 1,510 -74.90%
Domestic Commuter Passenger 35,167 221,847 -84.15%
Domestic Jet Passenger 653,448 2,538,590 -74.26%
Total Domestic Passengers 688,994 2,761,947 -75.05%

International
Bermuda/Bahamas/Caribbean 62,073 114,349 -45.72%
Canada 3,648 68,254 -94.66%
Central America 8,466 29,914 -71.70%
Europe 24,615 280,766 -91.23%
Middle East 10,844 65,287 -83.39%
South America 759 8,922 -91.49%
Trans-Pacific 2,031 50,375 -95.97%
Australia - - #DIV/0!
North Africa - 3,482 -100.00%
Other International - - #DIV/0!
Total International Passengers 112,436 621,349 -81.90%
Total passengers 801,430 3,383,296 -76.31%

Total pax YTD 2021: 12,618,128
Total pax YTD 2020: 42,522,411
% difference: -70.3%

Jan-2021 BOS numbers:

Jan-21 Jan-20 % change
Domestic
Domestic Charter Passenger 723 1,307 -44.68%
Domestic Commuter Passenger 43,646 201,902 -78.38%
Domestic Jet Passenger 585,827 2,152,657 -72.79%
Total Domestic Passengers 630,196 2,355,866 -73.25%

International
Bermuda/Bahamas/Caribbean 59,792 121,458 -50.77%
Canada 2,994 54,542 -94.51%
Central America 8,119 30,330 -73.23%
Europe 20,848 235,145 -91.13%
Middle East 11,869 69,222 -82.85%
South America 418 8,773 -95.24%
Trans-Pacific 2,787 57,387 -95.14%
Australia - - #DIV/0!
North Africa - 2,684 -100.00%
Other International - - #DIV/0!
Total International Passengers 106,827 579,541 -81.57%
General Aviation 3,224 5,578 -42.20%
Total passengers 740,247 2,940,985 -74.83%
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:41 pm

I ran across this interesting tidbit that the Patriots plane has made a few appearances at BOS lately flying various routes for EA. Not too much info in the video. I would assume these are cargo flights, but I could be wrong.
https://www.nbcboston.com/on-air/as-see ... l/2317085/
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900
 
FGITD
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:27 am

Patriots plane was actually at E just the other night. Parked at E8 I think. Got a few photos with it, which for me is saying something.

Seeing more Int’l schedules released. It appears June is the new April.
 
S0Y
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:56 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
I ran across this interesting tidbit that the Patriots plane has made a few appearances at BOS lately flying various routes for EA. Not too much info in the video. I would assume these are cargo flights, but I could be wrong.
https://www.nbcboston.com/on-air/as-see ... l/2317085/


Think it is for cargo. Report in the Irish thread that it was spotted in SNN this past weekend, with local media reporting it was on a cargo trip.
 
SyracuseAvGeek
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:00 pm

Looks like someone posted a video of Allegiant’s inaugural flight from Grand Rapids to Boston.

https://youtu.be/uVwTdRz5Uss

Only 13 people on BOS-GRR, he/she didn’t mention how many were on GRR-BOS but I imagine it wasn’t much more than 20 or so. Anyone know how the loads are doing on the other Allegiant routes out of BOS?
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Got an email from B6 stating schedule was expanded so I took a peek and was surprised at some leisure routes. I was hoping to see a new destination that was snuck in (ANU / SJD / SJO) but nothing there.

This is for January 2022 - I think some of these may get a bump in schedule extension through Spring.

B6 BOS-BGI increase to 3 weekly (Wed/Sat/Sun)
B6 BOS-SXM only weekly (Sat.)
B6 BOS-MBJ only 2 weekly (Wed/Sat)
B6 BOS-PUJ 3 weekly but only one frequency on Saturday (Wed/Sat/Sun)
B6 BOS-CUN daily but only single Sat frequency
B6 BOS-NAS 3-4 weekly (Mon/Wed/Sat and select Sun
B6 BOS-AUA daily with multiple weekend frequencies
UVF/GCM/POP still weekly
STT only 1 weekly

Not Leisure but B6 BOS-PAP is now daily, SDQ bump to 2-3 daily, STI remains daily - may be a warning for Eastern Airlines that B6 will defend these VFR routes.

Also noticed AA has BOS-PLS loaded daily starting 12/16. They are still in recent weekly leisure additions such as NAS/GCM

DL has loaded very few leisure routes but is sticking with daily CUN.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11881
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:57 am

Icelandair has tentatively scheduled KEF-BOS 737MAX8 service from 4 Apr 21

https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 90657?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
mikegigs
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Already a dedicated thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1458923) but thought it was worth posting here. DL to add new destinations from BOS and resume some flights beginning in May...

New: HHH, TVC, BGR
Resuming: MYR, ORF, SAV

All are Saturday service except MYR is Saturday/Sunday and BGR is daily. Curious as to what the equipment will be (especially BGR).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-leisure-routes/
Airports: BOS, JAX, JFK, EWR, LGA, CVG, ATL, CLT, DCA, IAD, STT, PVD, ALB, MCO
Aircraft: 733, 735, 73G, 738, 752, 717, A319, A320, MD-88, E190, E175, E145, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, Q400
Airlines: B6, CO, DL, US, NW, WN, DH
...a good start but a long way to go!
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:00 pm

mikegigs wrote:
Already a dedicated thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1458923) but thought it was worth posting here. DL to add new destinations from BOS and resume some flights beginning in May...

New: HHH, TVC, BGR
Resuming: MYR, ORF, SAV

All are Saturday service except MYR is Saturday/Sunday and BGR is daily. Curious as to what the equipment will be (especially BGR).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-leisure-routes/


Cool to see BGR back.

Two airlines on BOS-TVC - strange what 2021 has brought.

I cannot believe ORF isn't daily.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:00 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
mikegigs wrote:
Already a dedicated thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1458923) but thought it was worth posting here. DL to add new destinations from BOS and resume some flights beginning in May...

New: HHH, TVC, BGR
Resuming: MYR, ORF, SAV

All are Saturday service except MYR is Saturday/Sunday and BGR is daily. Curious as to what the equipment will be (especially BGR).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-leisure-routes/


Cool to see BGR back.

Two airlines on BOS-TVC - strange what 2021 has brought.

I cannot believe ORF isn't daily.


Press release for new DL routes is here.

https://news.delta.com/summer-travel-yo ... ations-new

ORF starts weekly but will be daily by 5/28.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:26 pm

mikegigs wrote:
Already a dedicated thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1458923) but thought it was worth posting here. DL to add new destinations from BOS and resume some flights beginning in May...

New: HHH, TVC, BGR
Resuming: MYR, ORF, SAV

All are Saturday service except MYR is Saturday/Sunday and BGR is daily. Curious as to what the equipment will be (especially BGR).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-leisure-routes/


With BOS being the only daily BGR DL service that provides some connection opportunities domestic/international that BGR currently doesn't have on DL. You can't really use weekend DTW and ATL service as a reliable way to travel. I have family in that area and they often drive all the way down to BOS for florida vacation flights.
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
mikegigs wrote:
Already a dedicated thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1458923) but thought it was worth posting here. DL to add new destinations from BOS and resume some flights beginning in May...

New: HHH, TVC, BGR
Resuming: MYR, ORF, SAV

All are Saturday service except MYR is Saturday/Sunday and BGR is daily. Curious as to what the equipment will be (especially BGR).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-leisure-routes/


With BOS being the only daily BGR DL service that provides some connection opportunities domestic/international that BGR currently doesn't have on DL. You can't really use weekend DTW and ATL service as a reliable way to travel. I have family in that area and they often drive all the way down to BOS for florida vacation flights.


The BOS-BGR flight is loaded.

BGR-BOS 06:00-07:17 E175
BOS-BGR 21:59-23:09 E175

Similar to what B6 did for BOS-SYR. Great for domestic, so/so for international since it would require a long layover for transatlantic departing the USA.

SAV, TVC are CRJ900
ORF, MYR are E-170
HHH Is E-175
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:38 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
mikegigs wrote:
Already a dedicated thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1458923) but thought it was worth posting here. DL to add new destinations from BOS and resume some flights beginning in May...

New: HHH, TVC, BGR
Resuming: MYR, ORF, SAV

All are Saturday service except MYR is Saturday/Sunday and BGR is daily. Curious as to what the equipment will be (especially BGR).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-leisure-routes/


With BOS being the only daily BGR DL service that provides some connection opportunities domestic/international that BGR currently doesn't have on DL. You can't really use weekend DTW and ATL service as a reliable way to travel. I have family in that area and they often drive all the way down to BOS for florida vacation flights.


The BOS-BGR flight is loaded.

BGR-BOS 06:00-07:17 E175
BOS-BGR 21:59-23:09 E175

Similar to what B6 did for BOS-SYR. Great for domestic, so/so for international since it would require a long layover for transatlantic departing the USA.

SAV, TVC are CRJ900
ORF, MYR are E-170
HHH Is E-175


What dates are you looking at to BGR? DL app shows CR9
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3637
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:45 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:

With BOS being the only daily BGR DL service that provides some connection opportunities domestic/international that BGR currently doesn't have on DL. You can't really use weekend DTW and ATL service as a reliable way to travel. I have family in that area and they often drive all the way down to BOS for florida vacation flights.


The BOS-BGR flight is loaded.

BGR-BOS 06:00-07:17 E175
BOS-BGR 21:59-23:09 E175

Similar to what B6 did for BOS-SYR. Great for domestic, so/so for international since it would require a long layover for transatlantic departing the USA.

SAV, TVC are CRJ900
ORF, MYR are E-170
HHH Is E-175


What dates are you looking at to BGR? DL app shows CR9


Not 100% sure, but I think it switches from the CRJ-900 to E-175 on June 5.
Leaving the forums. You may know where to find me.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:08 am

Ishrion wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

The BOS-BGR flight is loaded.

BGR-BOS 06:00-07:17 E175
BOS-BGR 21:59-23:09 E175

Similar to what B6 did for BOS-SYR. Great for domestic, so/so for international since it would require a long layover for transatlantic departing the USA.

SAV, TVC are CRJ900
ORF, MYR are E-170
HHH Is E-175


What dates are you looking at to BGR? DL app shows CR9


Not 100% sure, but I think it switches from the CRJ-900 to E-175 on June 5.


I was using July dates and matrix.itasoftware.com for searches.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:02 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

What dates are you looking at to BGR? DL app shows CR9


Not 100% sure, but I think it switches from the CRJ-900 to E-175 on June 5.


I was using July dates and matrix.itasoftware.com for searches.


Thank you. I was only looking in May and seeing CR9.
 
FGITD
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:52 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
mikegigs wrote:
Already a dedicated thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1458923) but thought it was worth posting here. DL to add new destinations from BOS and resume some flights beginning in May...

New: HHH, TVC, BGR
Resuming: MYR, ORF, SAV

All are Saturday service except MYR is Saturday/Sunday and BGR is daily. Curious as to what the equipment will be (especially BGR).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-leisure-routes/


With BOS being the only daily BGR DL service that provides some connection opportunities domestic/international that BGR currently doesn't have on DL. You can't really use weekend DTW and ATL service as a reliable way to travel. I have family in that area and they often drive all the way down to BOS for florida vacation flights.


The BOS-BGR flight is loaded.

BGR-BOS 06:00-07:17 E175
BOS-BGR 21:59-23:09 E175

Similar to what B6 did for BOS-SYR. Great for domestic, so/so for international since it would require a long layover for transatlantic departing the USA.

SAV, TVC are CRJ900
ORF, MYR are E-170
HHH Is E-175


For the internationals, the inbound is basically useless. But the BOS-BGR timing isn’t bad. Arrive early evening, and connect. Though now I’m thinking, it definitely doesn’t line up well with DL’s international arrivals, and I think AF KL and VS are all going to be either too early or late.

Domestically it’s great though. Opens up all those early flights that otherwise would be a challenge to make if you were driving.

It’s too bad it’s not possible to do a day trip or quick run. Back when it was introduced, a lot of employees would hop the JetBlue ACK flight out and back for fun. Was hoping we could do that with BGR.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2541
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:15 pm

So, after well over a year of just working and sleeping, once I get my second vaccine next month I'm going to want to travel again.

Can you guys tell me if there are a220 routes out of Boston currently? I want to experience a flight in one of those when I come out of pandemic hibernation. I know Delta at least has them.
情報
 
tphuang
Posts: 6625
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:55 pm

Jouhou wrote:
So, after well over a year of just working and sleeping, once I get my second vaccine next month I'm going to want to travel again.

Can you guys tell me if there are a220 routes out of Boston currently? I want to experience a flight in one of those when I come out of pandemic hibernation. I know Delta at least has them.

Can’t comment on dl but JetBlue will be flying a220 on bos fll starting in June.
 
B752OS
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:20 pm

Jouhou wrote:
So, after well over a year of just working and sleeping, once I get my second vaccine next month I'm going to want to travel again.

Can you guys tell me if there are a220 routes out of Boston currently? I want to experience a flight in one of those when I come out of pandemic hibernation. I know Delta at least has them.


I believe Delta is using them on some MSP and DTW frequencies.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 9875
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:25 pm

FGITD wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:

With BOS being the only daily BGR DL service that provides some connection opportunities domestic/international that BGR currently doesn't have on DL. You can't really use weekend DTW and ATL service as a reliable way to travel. I have family in that area and they often drive all the way down to BOS for florida vacation flights.


The BOS-BGR flight is loaded.

BGR-BOS 06:00-07:17 E175
BOS-BGR 21:59-23:09 E175

Similar to what B6 did for BOS-SYR. Great for domestic, so/so for international since it would require a long layover for transatlantic departing the USA.

SAV, TVC are CRJ900
ORF, MYR are E-170
HHH Is E-175


For the internationals, the inbound is basically useless. But the BOS-BGR timing isn’t bad. Arrive early evening, and connect. Though now I’m thinking, it definitely doesn’t line up well with DL’s international arrivals, and I think AF KL and VS are all going to be either too early or late.


Are you serious? What fraction of BGR traffic do you think is TATL? Numbers and a source?

Those flights are timed to maximize the workday of BGR-departing passengers -- a common feature of low-frequency outstations.
 
FGITD
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:34 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
FGITD wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

The BOS-BGR flight is loaded.

BGR-BOS 06:00-07:17 E175
BOS-BGR 21:59-23:09 E175

Similar to what B6 did for BOS-SYR. Great for domestic, so/so for international since it would require a long layover for transatlantic departing the USA.

SAV, TVC are CRJ900
ORF, MYR are E-170
HHH Is E-175


For the internationals, the inbound is basically useless. But the BOS-BGR timing isn’t bad. Arrive early evening, and connect. Though now I’m thinking, it definitely doesn’t line up well with DL’s international arrivals, and I think AF KL and VS are all going to be either too early or late.


Are you serious? What fraction of BGR traffic do you think is TATL? Numbers and a source?

Those flights are timed to maximize the workday of BGR-departing passengers -- a common feature of low-frequency outstations.


Merely responding to the poster and continuing the conversation. I'm not under any impression that BGR is trying to create a bigger connection TATL, nor did I ever claim that.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:56 am

FGITD wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

For the internationals, the inbound is basically useless. But the BOS-BGR timing isn’t bad. Arrive early evening, and connect. Though now I’m thinking, it definitely doesn’t line up well with DL’s international arrivals, and I think AF KL and VS are all going to be either too early or late.


Are you serious? What fraction of BGR traffic do you think is TATL? Numbers and a source?

Those flights are timed to maximize the workday of BGR-departing passengers -- a common feature of low-frequency outstations.


Merely responding to the poster and continuing the conversation. I'm not under any impression that BGR is trying to create a bigger connection TATL, nor did I ever claim that.


Same on my end - just stating what it does connection wise.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:06 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
FGITD wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

The BOS-BGR flight is loaded.

BGR-BOS 06:00-07:17 E175
BOS-BGR 21:59-23:09 E175

Similar to what B6 did for BOS-SYR. Great for domestic, so/so for international since it would require a long layover for transatlantic departing the USA.

SAV, TVC are CRJ900
ORF, MYR are E-170
HHH Is E-175


For the internationals, the inbound is basically useless. But the BOS-BGR timing isn’t bad. Arrive early evening, and connect. Though now I’m thinking, it definitely doesn’t line up well with DL’s international arrivals, and I think AF KL and VS are all going to be either too early or late.


Are you serious? What fraction of BGR traffic do you think is TATL? Numbers and a source?

Those flights are timed to maximize the workday of BGR-departing passengers -- a common feature of low-frequency outstations.


I wasn't trying to claim the main purpose of this BGR flight would be international connections either. Was merely saying it would now be at least possible if a BGR originating passenger desired. Although if VS brings back their morning LHR departure that connection is very doable from BGR.
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900
 
B752OS
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Be curious to see how the BGR flights are priced. They could be attractive to those that head down to Boston for medical care. Depending where in you are, it could save 6-7 hours of driving r/t.
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:08 pm

This doesn't come as a huge surprise based on the recent news about EI planning to fly UK-US routes. But they have announced MAN-BOS for next summer on A321LR aircraft.
https://www.boston.com/travel/travel/20 ... ummer-2022
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900
 
zrs70
Posts: 3798
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2000 4:08 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:31 pm

Remember when Delta had 727’s BOS-BGR (as well as 757’s BOS-PWM)?
21 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2021
 
aaflyer777
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:02 pm

DL adding BOS-KEF, good to see them adding more transatlantic routes out of BOS

https://news.delta.com/delta-offers-mor ... -americans
 
airbazar
Posts: 10432
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:26 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
DL adding BOS-KEF, good to see them adding more transatlantic routes out of BOS

https://news.delta.com/delta-offers-mor ... -americans


No doubt as a consequence of this news:
https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel ... from-us-uk
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:11 pm

Just drove by BOS and there’s two JAL 787-9’s parked next to terminal E. Did one go mx or are they running extra flights to BOS?
 
airbazar
Posts: 10432
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:32 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
Just drove by BOS and there’s two JAL 787-9’s parked next to terminal E. Did one go mx or are they running extra flights to BOS?

It only operates 4x weekly, IIRC.
 
FGITD
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:46 pm

airbazar wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
Just drove by BOS and there’s two JAL 787-9’s parked next to terminal E. Did one go mx or are they running extra flights to BOS?

It only operates 4x weekly, IIRC.


I believe that’s correct, 4x a week and arrives in the evening, leaves in the morning, so you get an overlap with 2 a/c here at the same time.

Few weeks ago when that AF 77w was here at times it seemed like that area of the airport was exclusively JAL/AF
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:47 am

AA has again pushed out the BOS-LHR flight for a start sometime in June. Makes me wonder whether UA will start at all.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
airbazar
Posts: 10432
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:07 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
AA has again pushed out the BOS-LHR flight for a start sometime in June. Makes me wonder whether UA will start at all.

AA doesn't necessarily have to because BA has the market covered. I think UA will start and I think we're going to see a quick recovery in air travel up to a certain level.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/united- ... overy.html
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:11 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
AA has again pushed out the BOS-LHR flight for a start sometime in June. Makes me wonder whether UA will start at all.


I also wonder how much this has to do with the fact B6 just secured slots for BOS-LHR this summer. I don't remember the exact details - Perhaps that flight and their partnership with B6 will be sufficient to hold them over until next summer. Isn't this new AA/B6 partnership also why AA just announced multiple new international routes from JFK - SCL, ATH, TLV & GIG?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... key-facts/
 
IdlewildJFK
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:07 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:
AA has again pushed out the BOS-LHR flight for a start sometime in June. Makes me wonder whether UA will start at all.


I also wonder how much this has to do with the fact B6 just secured slots for BOS-LHR this summer. I don't remember the exact details - Perhaps that flight and their partnership with B6 will be sufficient to hold them over until next summer. Isn't this new AA/B6 partnership also why AA just announced multiple new international routes from JFK - SCL, ATH, TLV & GIG?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... key-facts/


They are not allowed (per DOT) to code share on any London markets out of BOS, so I can’t think it has anything to do with the partnership.
 
onwFan
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:02 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:49 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:
AA has again pushed out the BOS-LHR flight for a start sometime in June. Makes me wonder whether UA will start at all.


I also wonder how much this has to do with the fact B6 just secured slots for BOS-LHR this summer. I don't remember the exact details - Perhaps that flight and their partnership with B6 will be sufficient to hold them over until next summer. Isn't this new AA/B6 partnership also why AA just announced multiple new international routes from JFK - SCL, ATH, TLV & GIG?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... key-facts/

This has nothing to do with B6’s plans to fly to LHR. If there was any demand on this route in the current climate, BA would not be flying just 1x daily (they used to fly this upto 5x daily). If you need any clue as to the current demand, the only other carrier is VS at 1x weekly.
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:53 pm

onwFan wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:
AA has again pushed out the BOS-LHR flight for a start sometime in June. Makes me wonder whether UA will start at all.


I also wonder how much this has to do with the fact B6 just secured slots for BOS-LHR this summer. I don't remember the exact details - Perhaps that flight and their partnership with B6 will be sufficient to hold them over until next summer. Isn't this new AA/B6 partnership also why AA just announced multiple new international routes from JFK - SCL, ATH, TLV & GIG?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... key-facts/

This has nothing to do with B6’s plans to fly to LHR. If there was any demand on this route in the current climate, BA would not be flying just 1x daily (they used to fly this upto 5x daily). If you need any clue as to the current demand, the only other carrier is VS at 1x weekly.


Not only 1x, but with the smallest Long-haul they’ve got (788).
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:10 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
onwFan wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

I also wonder how much this has to do with the fact B6 just secured slots for BOS-LHR this summer. I don't remember the exact details - Perhaps that flight and their partnership with B6 will be sufficient to hold them over until next summer. Isn't this new AA/B6 partnership also why AA just announced multiple new international routes from JFK - SCL, ATH, TLV & GIG?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... key-facts/

This has nothing to do with B6’s plans to fly to LHR. If there was any demand on this route in the current climate, BA would not be flying just 1x daily (they used to fly this upto 5x daily). If you need any clue as to the current demand, the only other carrier is VS at 1x weekly.


Not only 1x, but with the smallest Long-haul they’ve got (788).


BA was using the A35k on this route up until Sunday. This coming Sunday (April 4th) they're using a 789 with F. They are also scheduled to go double daily BOS-LHR 772 as of June 1st.

If there was no demand you wouldn't see B6 or UA announcing NEW service on BOS-LHR. IF the B6 partnership wasn't at play in JFK or BOS why is AA launching so many new JFK int'l routes in conjunction with the B6 partnership announcement?
Last edited by clrd4t8koff on Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos