Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

clrd4t8koff

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:15 pm

Curious about the CX flights. Google flights shows daily 77W service again starting November 2nd. Given that’s only a month and a half away are CX still selling tickets and then canceling that close in?

FGITD

Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:21 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
FGITD wrote:
I don’t know what the plan is anymore, but pre-covid the lounges were spoken for. These days…not so much.

The thing about lounges is that they are massively expensive to lease and operate. Staffing, catering, cleaning etc all outsourced but costly. Plus the fees, and the time attributed to running the lounge. Most of the foreign carriers in BOS have minimal staff, and a lounge requires so much more work to keep everything running. Usually you need a manager dedicated just to that. And that gets tricky when you’re turning 3-4 flights a day with 4 staff total.

And there’s no real incentive in most cases to use a partner airline lounge because depending on their costs, you end up paying more per passenger.

So take IB for example. Close partner with BA, but BA wants to charge them $110 per passenger (made up but not super unrealistic numbers, I load planes not lounges so I’m spitballing here)

LH on the other hand offers them a deal, $75 per passenger. Branding and alliances be damned, you’re saving money on every passenger so you take the deal.

Whoever has the most customers can offer the lowest prices, but at the sacrifice of crowding

And also that CX a350 was here 2 days, left last night, and that’s the end of CX operations once again…for now

I think in the example you gave you meant AF instead of LH? At least when I flew out last Friday and used the AF lounge it was also filled with IB passengers.

Yes that would be correct. I think the AF lounge has the most customers (in terms of airlines) overall.

N717TW

Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:21 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
B752OS wrote:
The terminal E expansion has space for 3, or 4 airline clubs. It will be interesting to see who grabs them? Based on plans I saw a while back, they will have more space than the current BA, LH, and EK clubs.

I pray AF/KL go in together to build a new club at BOS. So many airlines (AF, KL, IB, KE, QR + PriorityPass) use that small basement club. They should have plenty of motivation to expand.

Perhaps TK would open a club in BOS?

I also wondered if maybe FI would open a Saga lounge. They were up to 3-4 flights a day to KEF.

The plan (at least pre-covid) is for a new DL club in the expanded E wing that will replace the AF lounge and act as a defacto SkyTeam lounge. Of course, DL stopped construction mid-stream of the lounge in the satellite of Terminal A plus who knows how much DL will actually ramp up TATL service.

that AF lounge, for Logan history buffs, is actually on the second floor despite feeling like its in the basement and was the old NW WorldClub. It dates back from when BOS was NW's TATL gateway in the late 80s and 90s.

B752OS

Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:27 pm

N717TW wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
B752OS wrote:
The terminal E expansion has space for 3, or 4 airline clubs. It will be interesting to see who grabs them? Based on plans I saw a while back, they will have more space than the current BA, LH, and EK clubs.

I pray AF/KL go in together to build a new club at BOS. So many airlines (AF, KL, IB, KE, QR + PriorityPass) use that small basement club. They should have plenty of motivation to expand.

I also wondered if maybe FI would open a Saga lounge. They were up to 3-4 flights a day to KEF.

The plan (at least pre-covid) is for a new DL club in the expanded E wing that will replace the AF lounge and act as a defacto SkyTeam lounge. Of course, DL stopped construction mid-stream of the lounge in the satellite of Terminal A plus who knows how much DL will actually ramp up TATL service.

that AF lounge, for Logan history buffs, is actually on the second floor despite feeling like its in the basement and was the old NW WorldClub. It dates back from when BOS was NW's TATL gateway in the late 80s and 90s.

The space is going to be there in the expansion for the clubs. Also, doesn't Massport need the existing lounges removed so they can expand customs and also baggage in that area?

It would make sense for SkyTeam to have some sort of expanded and/or upgraded lounge to service AF/KE/KL.

FGITD

Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:06 pm

Originally I recall that was part of the plan. But I think they faced some pushback over taking away existing lounges, and as compensation offering new lounges at more double the price

I also remember the DL/skyteam lounge concept, but as far as I know it was never confirmed or moved past the idea phase. Delta was essentially trying to take over the new portion of the terminal, and once again there was significant pushback from the Int’l carriers. The first E expansion was given to JetBlue, and the next one was going to be given to Delta…didn’t sit well with the carriers that routinely had hours long gate holds, constant closures/changes, and were promised the construction would help.

At any rate, the project is impressive. And it’s moving along incredibly quickly

Dieuwer

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:48 pm

N717TW wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
B752OS wrote:

The AF lounge should be decommissioned, IMO. It's dingy.
Next time, I simply spend time in one of the nicer restaurants at Terminal E instead of being "held captive" in the AF Dungeon.

airbazar

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:36 pm

FGITD wrote:
That said…I still don’t understand why the food vendor hasn’t reopened much.

My guess would be difficulty in hiring workers. If good restaurants out in town are having problems hiring people I'd think that airport businesses would have an even harder time.
Dieuwer wrote:
AF lounge is a COVID nightmare. Never set a foot in there!

AF lounge was a nightmare even pre-covid at certain times :lol:

My wife flew in on Lufthansa last week and apparently CBP removed all the kiosks forcing everyone to wait in line like old times. She waited in line for 45 minutes. I had never heard about the kiosk removal before. Does anyone know when they plan on re-instating the kiosks? We're planning to travel for xmas and I could see immigration clearing turning into a nightmare. I might have to pick my flight based off of its expected arrival time :(

clrd4t8koff

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:38 pm

I’ve been in lounges around the world (not meant to be a humble brag) and the only premium lounge I’ve been in that’s as bad was in Malé, Maldives. And I give that a pass given it was the only lounge on the small tiny island airport. The FACT AF can keep a straight face alongside AZ, KL, KE, IB, QR when sending their passengers there instead of paying $20 more to use BA, VS Clubhouse, LH or The Club is embarrassing. Even the Alitalia lounge at JFK T1 is nicer and that’s saying a lot!
Last edited by clrd4t8koff on Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clrd4t8koff

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:42 pm

airbazar wrote:
My wife flew in on Lufthansa last week and apparently CBP removed all the kiosks forcing everyone to wait in line like old times. She waited in line for 45 minutes. I had never heard about the kiosk removal before. Does anyone know when they plan on re-instating the kiosks? We're planning to travel for xmas and I could see immigration clearing turning into a nightmare. I might have to pick my flight based off of its expected arrival time :(

Wait, what? There’s no more GE kiosks @ Terminal E CBP???

CPS001

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:50 pm

airbazar wrote:

I flew into ORD a couple of weeks ago and there were no kiosks there either - one single line for everyone. Took me 3 hours. Perhaps it's something due to Covid? (fewer touchpoints?)

Dieuwer

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:00 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
airbazar wrote:

There are still plenty of GE kiosks in Terminal E. I used one last Saturday. Some of them are broken though and only accept manual input.

airbazar

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
airbazar wrote:

There are still plenty of GE kiosks in Terminal E. I used one last Saturday. Some of them are broken though and only accept manual input.

My wife doesn't have GE so I don't know if those are a different set of kiosks. These are the kiosks that everyone is allowed to use prior to showing up at the counter. I don't know if they are any different from the GE kiosks. You basically scan the passport, the machine scans your fingerprints and it spits out a receipt that you then take with you and show it to the immigration officer. Without the kiosks the immigration officer has to do all that work which takes a lot of time and thus the long wait times.

FGITD

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:16 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
I’ve been in lounges around the world (not meant to be a humble brag) and the only premium lounge I’ve been in that’s as bad was in Malé, Maldives. And I give that a pass given it was the only lounge on the small tiny island airport. The FACT AF can keep a straight face alongside AZ, KL, KE, IB, QR when sending their passengers there instead of paying $20 more to use BA, VS Clubhouse, LH or The Club is embarrassing. Even the Alitalia lounge at JFK T1 is nicer and that’s saying a lot!

Why pay for a hotel when you can rent out a room in your house?

Again I don’t know the logistics of it all (they keep the riff raff like myself out of the lounges) but the general consensus seems to be that one of the issues is how crowded it is. Every one of those pax is a dollar amount being paid to AF. Might not be much, but it chips away at the expense of having any lounge in the first place.

As for the covid situation…if it’s that big a deal to someone, I don’t think an airport is the place for them to be. Masks are worn when close encounters with pax are involved, but otherwise not so much.

airbazar

Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:03 pm

FGITD wrote:
As for the covid situation…if it’s that big a deal to someone, I don’t think an airport is the place for them to be. Masks are worn when close encounters with pax are involved, but otherwise not so much.

Agree. I understand that some people have to fly for work (like my wife), but as someone who took full advantage of the low fares and small crowds between Spring of 2020 and Spring of 2021 to go on as many vacations as I possibly could, this year I've been staying the heck away from airports as much as I can and even our planned xmas trip is still very much in the balance. It's just too crazy out there for my comfort. Part of me misses 2020 :D

VS4ever

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:48 pm

airbazar wrote:
FGITD wrote:

Agree. I understand that some people have to fly for work (like my wife), but as someone who took full advantage of the low fares and small crowds between Spring of 2020 and Spring of 2021 to go on as many vacations as I possibly could, this year I've been staying the heck away from airports as much as I can and even our planned xmas trip is still very much in the balance. It's just too crazy out there for my comfort. Part of me misses 2020 :D

When I flew to PDX recently, SEA on my connection was an absolute zoo. Thankfully everyone was wearing masks so i didn’t feel too bad. It was an early flight out of BOS so wasn’t too crazy.
2020 was quiet and great for traveling if you could. However I’m not sure Massport would share our love for it..

Our friend from Oregon (who we went to visit) has cancelled their return trip for 2 weeks time citing that they are worried about bringing Covid back to their family. Which is ironic because OR has 5 times the positivity rate of MA. But people are still struggling with all of this

FGITD

Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:50 pm

VS4ever wrote:
airbazar wrote:
FGITD wrote:

When I flew to PDX recently, SEA on my connection was an absolute zoo. Thankfully everyone was wearing masks so i didn’t feel too bad. It was an early flight out of BOS so wasn’t too crazy.
2020 was quiet and great for traveling if you could. However I’m not sure Massport would share our love for it..

Our friend from Oregon (who we went to visit) has cancelled their return trip for 2 weeks time citing that they are worried about bringing Covid back to their family. Which is ironic because OR has 5 times the positivity rate of MA. But people are still struggling with all of this

I have mixed feelings about last year as well. Great for flying, terrible for working.

That said, it’s not that the airlines or Massport aren’t taking covid seriously. It’s just a matter of practicality/logistics. Airline offices are not big, and like any office with very few people, everyone tends to take off their masks in there. Likewise with the check in agents, contractors etc.

Ramp side we aren’t required to wear them anymore, but honestly…did anyone think we would ever wear them full time while loading an airplane when it’s 99 and humid out? Or 20 and snowing?

Back to the topic of lounges…had a few colleagues order from one of the restaurants the other day. I’m not sure what the going rate is for a lounge pass, but based on the restaurant price increases, I think you’re better off getting the day pass. I think they paid something like $22 for a cheeseburger, including our discount. Outrageous

FGITD

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:26 pm

To give a little glimpse of just how big the E expansion is, from ramp side. We used to have a pretty good view of the city (once they tore down the hangar that was there)

Trying to delve into posting photos periodically, but of course it’s difficult/iffy ground for a number of reasons. And of course I don’t want to bore anyone with terrible phone photos, on a website dedicated to such skilled and high quality photography

pitbosflyer

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:58 pm

FGITD wrote:

To give a little glimpse of just how big the E expansion is, from ramp side. We used to have a pretty good view of the city (once they tore down the hangar that was there)

Trying to delve into posting photos periodically, but of course it’s difficult/iffy ground for a number of reasons. And of course I don’t want to bore anyone with terrible phone photos, on a website dedicated to such skilled and high quality photography

Your picture is for sure appreciated! No need to feel self conscious about your photography skills.

chrisnh

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:21 pm

The new terminal looks a bit 'SFO-ish.'

B752OS

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:11 pm

Over on archboston.org, some nice photos of the terminal E expansion as well. Relative to the rest of Logan, this expansion is massive and should be a really nice upgrade for terminal E. Also some great photos of the B to C connector which is progressing very nicely.

praunda

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:54 pm

Any word on the actual status of the SK927 relaunch? I was looking forward to seeing a handsome SAS A32Q every once in a while, but looking on FR24 there doesn't look to have been an actual CPH-BOS flight so far this month, and upcoming nonstop flights don't appear in search results on FlySas.com... is this resumption still happening?

TheChickenman

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:14 pm

B752OS wrote:
Over on archboston.org, some nice photos of the terminal E expansion as well. Relative to the rest of Logan, this expansion is massive and should be a really nice upgrade for terminal E. Also some great photos of the B to C connector which is progressing very nicely.

Thanks for the recommendation. HUGE stockpile of images over there.

VS4ever

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:25 pm

chrisnh wrote:
The new terminal looks a bit 'SFO-ish.'

As a fan of SFO, I'm more than happy that it does :)

adamh8297

Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:30 pm

praunda wrote:
Any word on the actual status of the SK927 relaunch? I was looking forward to seeing a handsome SAS A32Q every once in a while, but looking on FR24 there doesn't look to have been an actual CPH-BOS flight so far this month, and upcoming nonstop flights don't appear in search results on FlySas.com... is this resumption still happening?

Looks like it resumes 11/1/2021.

Edit: Also is 5 weekly (x24)

ASA

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:25 am

Dieuwer wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
airbazar wrote:

The "commoner" kiosks are not there anymore. Huge lines all-around at 2 pm. :eek:

I would suggest using the Mobile Passport App ... the lines are still tiny ...
I was out of immigration+customs in less than 15 minutes. (DOH-BOS)

chrisnh

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:44 am

I recall when air traffic crashed in 2020 Massport either pushed out or cancelled altogether the further expansion of E. Which was it?

B752OS

Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:22 pm

chrisnh wrote:
I recall when air traffic crashed in 2020 Massport either pushed out or cancelled altogether the further expansion of E. Which was it?

They have delayed the second phase of the terminal E expansion which will add 3 gates. It'll get built eventually.

cs03

Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:56 pm

How many new gates will be added for the first phase of the E expansion? Thinking it was 4.

VS4ever

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:05 pm

cs03 wrote:
How many new gates will be added for the first phase of the E expansion? Thinking it was 4.

It's technically 4, but they are actually double gates, so it's 4 WB's or up to 8 NB's (321's for example). Phase 2 was always 3, and again should be doubled up like Phase 1.

So with the 12 already out there. plus 7, you can get a minimum of 19 and a max of 26 depending on the aircraft flow when all complete.

For the current phase that would be 16 and 20 accordingly.

FGITD

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:09 pm

cs03 wrote:

It is 4, but if I believe they’re designed to be multi use if used by a narrow body. So widebodies will use E13/14/15/16, narrows will use E13a/b etc.

Eventually the terminal will reach pretty much all the way to UPS, and North Cargo will essentially just become the terminal E ramp.

I’ve heard some rumblings about a redesign of south cargo as well, which given the lack of space over there wouldn’t be a big surprise. But that area might as well be a different planet to me, so take that rumor with a grain of salt.

airbazar

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:49 pm

chrisnh wrote:

Technically it was both, accelerated and pushed back :)
As other have said, Phase I which has 4 gates was accelerated. By taking advantage of the downturn in traffic the project is well ahead of schedule. Phase 2 has been put on hold for now.

ScottB

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:41 pm

FGITD wrote:
I’ve heard some rumblings about a redesign of south cargo as well, which given the lack of space over there wouldn’t be a big surprise. But that area might as well be a different planet to me, so take that rumor with a grain of salt.

Massport really should consider a long-term plan to repurpose south cargo into a satellite concourse shared by both Terminals A & B. They could certainly use the land occupied by the economy garage to relocate cargo operations and put a replacement on the surface lots between the Rental Car Center and Terminal A. There's also quite a bit of poorly-used land near the Wood Island T station.

nascar1

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:38 pm

clrd4t8koff

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:32 pm

nascar1 wrote:

When was the route supposed to re-start?

nascar1

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:34 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
nascar1 wrote:

When was the route supposed to re-start?

November 30th.

clrd4t8koff

Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Interesting experience flying back to BOS on Friday. I arrived at 6:30 on KL from AMS. I’d connected in AMS from CPT and nowhere at AMS nor upon arrival into BOS was I ever asked to present my negative COVID test. The only time I was asked to show it was on check-in at CPT. Conversely, when I flew out to CPT the week before I had to present my test at BOS, AMS and on arrival at CBP in CPT. I don’t think my experience is the norm but it’s shocking at how easy it was just to waltz through arrivals at BOS.

On another note it’s a good thing there were at least a few GE kiosks working. CBP was very busy processing JL, TK & KL arrivals. The officer working the GE line was the rudest and most arrogant officer I’ve ever encountered at BOS. I typically think of Logan as having one of the best arrival experiences, so I’m hoping this was an anomaly. Not sure if it was his first day and he was overwhelmed but nobody deserved that treatment. If anyone knows how to provide feedback to BOS on the CBP experience I would appreciate the direction.

jarvismj

Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:43 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
Interesting experience flying back to BOS on Friday. I arrived at 6:30 on KL from AMS. I’d connected in AMS from CPT and nowhere at AMS nor upon arrival into BOS was I ever asked to present my negative COVID test. The only time I was asked to show it was on check-in at CPT. Conversely, when I flew out to CPT the week before I had to present my test at BOS, AMS, and on arrival at CBP in CPT. I don’t think my experience is the norm but it’s shocking at how easy it was just to waltz through arrivals at BOS.

On another note it’s a good thing there were at least a few GE kiosks working. CBP was very busy processing JL, TK & KL arrivals. The officer working the GE line was the rudest and most arrogant officer I’ve ever encountered at BOS. I typically think of Logan as having one of the best arrival experiences, so I’m hoping this was an anomaly. Not sure if it was his first day and he was overwhelmed but nobody deserved that treatment. If anyone knows how to provide feedback to BOS on the CBP experience I would appreciate the direction.

I have flown LH several times this year between MUC/FRA and BOS. I wasn't able to check in until I presented the negative test and per the agent at check-in, they mark the results into the PNR and that is what is transferred to Immigration in the US. This was confirmed when I asked after handing my GE receipt back in April. I'm flying into EWR in a few weeks so I'm certain the same procedure will exist.

airbazar

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:17 pm

jarvismj wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
Interesting experience flying back to BOS on Friday. I arrived at 6:30 on KL from AMS. I’d connected in AMS from CPT and nowhere at AMS nor upon arrival into BOS was I ever asked to present my negative COVID test. The only time I was asked to show it was on check-in at CPT. Conversely, when I flew out to CPT the week before I had to present my test at BOS, AMS, and on arrival at CBP in CPT. I don’t think my experience is the norm but it’s shocking at how easy it was just to waltz through arrivals at BOS.

I have flown LH several times this year between MUC/FRA and BOS. I wasn't able to check in until I presented the negative test and per the agent at check-in, they mark the results into the PNR and that is what is transferred to Immigration in the US. This was confirmed when I asked after handing my GE receipt back in April. I'm flying into EWR in a few weeks so I'm certain the same procedure will exist.

That's how I understand it too. For coming back into the U.S. the airline is required by the U.S. government to check your negative test at check-in. That's the U.S. rule.
For outbound the rules vary. Lufthansa specifically does not (or did not), require proof of negative test for connecting passengers but they failed to inform their staff at Logan. Presumably because it's nearly impossible for an airline to keep track of all the countries' rules regarding Covid-19. While checking in for a LH flight a few weeks ago (my wife was traveling, I was just standing next to her), a family in the next counter was checking in and their final destination was in Poland. Poland does not require proof of negative test for arriving passengers and LH does not require a negative test for connecting passengers and yet the checking agents were refusing to allow these passengers, incorrectly claiming that LH requires proof of negative test. You can imagine the argument that ensued but they were eventually allowed to check in.

ORDLHR

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:19 pm

FGITD wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
Why would IB not use partner BA’s lounge?

That is bizarre since they are first and foremost owned by the same company. Also I remember getting BA lounge access flying in F on CX . It was a good use of AAdvantage miles!!

I believe BA only runs their lounge for their own flights at the moment. So not open for any outside customers (yes, when it comes to lounges even partner airlines are customers)

That corner of the terminal still gets packed, but it used to be so much worse. E3 used to be up there, and there was the elevator directly in front of E5 podium

That said…I still don’t understand why the food vendor hasn’t reopened much.

BA's lounge in BOS is closed, even when they are running their own flights. Was not open when I flew BA214 last week. Check in agent said it's been closed since that start of the pandemic. OneWorld website also lists it as temporarily closed.

jplatts

Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:34 am

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of BOS in June 2021:
BNA-BOS - 16755 passengers, 17849 seats, 93.87% load factor
BOS-BWI - 39146 passengers, 43125 seats, 90.77% load factor
BOS-DEN - 23667 passengers, 26251 seats, 90.16% load factor
BOS-FLL - 163 passengers, 318 seats, 51.26% load factor
BOS-MCO - 3238 passengers, 3513 seats, 92.17% load factor
BOS-MDW - 22467 passengers, 24002 seats, 93.60% load factor
BOS-STL - 14491 passengers, 16453 seats, 88.08% load factor

WN actually carried more passengers on BOS-DEN in June 2021 than in June 2019.

airbazar

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:49 pm

jplatts wrote:
Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of BOS in June 2021:

BOS-DEN - 23667 passengers, 26251 seats, 90.16% load factor

WN actually carried more passengers on BOS-DEN in June 2021 than in June 2019.

The Mountain states were outrageous this year and by the looks of the airfares for the Winter, it's continuing. We're just starting to plan our ski vacation and it feels like we're too late already.

KBOStonAviation

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:28 pm

Looks like G42601 blew a tire while landing 33L. Was wondering why so many inbound aircraft were holding; seems like arrivals are resuming once again. Pretty neat that Cape Air were able to continue arrivals however, they made use of 33R!

FGITD

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:43 am

KBOStonAviation wrote:
Looks like G42601 blew a tire while landing 33L. Was wondering why so many inbound aircraft were holding; seems like arrivals are resuming once again. Pretty neat that Cape Air were able to continue arrivals however, they made use of 33R!

The aircraft was out there pretty much all day. Fun place to do a tire swap, that’s for sure.

The pax on the other hand were stuck waiting for their bags for well over 4 hours. Unfortunately when the unexpected occurs it can take awhile. Especially when emergency services and maintenance have to give the aircraft a look over. Even more so when you’re at a smaller station, I’m not even sure if there are any direct G4 staff in Boston. I think everything is outsourced

ScottB

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:58 am

KBOStonAviation wrote:

9K probably could have used 32, although the taxi to the gate would be longer. I've been on a couple of YX E-Jets which landed 32.

IdlewildJFK

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:26 am

ScottB wrote:
KBOStonAviation wrote:

9K probably could have used 32, although the taxi to the gate would be longer. I've been on a couple of YX E-Jets which landed 32.

True, but 32 is closed the rest of the month for resurfacing work.

adamh8297

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:43 pm

DL has loaded a resumption of the following:

BOS-LIS 5 weekly 767 5/27/2022 until 7/1/2022 when it goes daily for rest of season.
BOS-EDI 5 weekly 767 7/1/2022 until 7/28/2022 when it goes daily for rest of season

BOS-FCO also resumes 5/1/2022 5 weekly A330 until 6/1/2022 where it goes daily

airbazar

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:08 pm

What are the odds that we'll see an increase in TATL capacity being loaded for the holidays now that the Biden administration is about to lift the travel ban?

FGITD

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Wouldn’t be too surprised to see a brief uptick, but then the rest of the winter will probably be quiet.

On the upside though, AF is staying daily and up gauging to an a350 so that’s already an increase in capacity

clrd4t8koff

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:38 pm

FGITD wrote:
Wouldn’t be too surprised to see a brief uptick, but then the rest of the winter will probably be quiet.

On the upside though, AF is staying daily and up gauging to an a350 so that’s already an increase in capacity

Just the news from FGITD I like to see. Booked on AF to CDG over Thanksgiving which was a 777 (still newish J cabin) but delighted to see it's now an A350 with their newest J cabin.

Now about that AF lounge @ BOS........ :spin:

VS4ever

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:50 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
DL has loaded a resumption of the following:

BOS-LIS 5 weekly 767 5/27/2022 until 7/1/2022 when it goes daily for rest of season.
BOS-EDI 5 weekly 767 7/1/2022 until 7/28/2022 when it goes daily for rest of season

BOS-FCO also resumes 5/1/2022 5 weekly A330 until 6/1/2022 where it goes daily

Nice to see these back on the list, interesting that both LIS and EDI are 767’s not 757’s as they used to be.

Now the curious one will be to see if LGW appears again

Is DUB also loaded at this point?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos