Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11879
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:05 pm

Welcome to Boston Aviation Thread - 2021. Please continue to add your comments below

Link to last thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437899
Forum Moderator
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2797
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:11 pm

A new year, when we hopefully get COVID better under control and air travel will grow once again in Boston.
And speaking about air traffic, any news about Asian airlines in Boston? Is Hainan still around or was it liquidated? And what is going on with CX?
 
ContinentalEWR
Posts: 4625
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 2:50 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:38 pm

Any word on the AA BOS-LHR service and if that will actually go ahead in 2021? Think it was meant to be on a 777-200ER. Also, what about BOS-RDU? Any info would be much appreciated.
 
User avatar
ERJ170
Posts: 5945
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:15 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:58 pm

I think RDU-LHR was pushed back to May? And I'm not sure if it will come back as the 772 or the 773, but having the 773 would be a first (with real first class). But I personally would rather see it come back as the 788 at first. Then as required, update to the 789 or 772. Just my thoughts.
Aiming High and going far..
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3637
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:01 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:
Any word on the AA BOS-LHR service and if that will actually go ahead in 2021? Think it was meant to be on a 777-200ER. Also, what about BOS-RDU? Any info would be much appreciated.


BOS-LHR was recently delayed from March 27 to May 1, 2021

BOS-RDU is set to launch on March 4, 2021 but that will likely change when AA loads its March schedule.
Leaving the forums. You may know where to find me.
 
tjerome
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:37 am

Dieuwer wrote:
A new year, when we hopefully get COVID better under control and air travel will grow once again in Boston.
And speaking about air traffic, any news about Asian airlines in Boston? Is Hainan still around or was it liquidated? And what is going on with CX?


I know KE is operating at least once a week, don't know if they're taking passengers or if it's cargo only.
 
FGITD
Posts: 1682
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:14 am

tjerome wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
A new year, when we hopefully get COVID better under control and air travel will grow once again in Boston.
And speaking about air traffic, any news about Asian airlines in Boston? Is Hainan still around or was it liquidated? And what is going on with CX?


I know KE is operating at least once a week, don't know if they're taking passengers or if it's cargo only.


KE is carrying pax. Though from what I’ve seen, it’s certainly not many. They do reasonably well on the cargo side though.

Overall the Asian carriers are still taking a beating. Most of the Euros got a decent holiday bump, sometimes almost filling flights. A rarity these days. But the Asian companies had no such luck.

As far as the others go...hard to update. We’ve started measuring how well the airline is doing by the date on the letters posted on their office door. Most still mention “a temporary flight stoppage due to the recent outbreak...”

I’ve seen some of the anticipated summer 21 schedules, and I think most airlines are a bit ambitious. But things change quickly so who knows. But unfortunately, the start of the summer season is a long ways out.
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:17 pm

FGITD wrote:
tjerome wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
A new year, when we hopefully get COVID better under control and air travel will grow once again in Boston.
And speaking about air traffic, any news about Asian airlines in Boston? Is Hainan still around or was it liquidated? And what is going on with CX?


I know KE is operating at least once a week, don't know if they're taking passengers or if it's cargo only.


KE is carrying pax. Though from what I’ve seen, it’s certainly not many. They do reasonably well on the cargo side though.

Overall the Asian carriers are still taking a beating. Most of the Euros got a decent holiday bump, sometimes almost filling flights. A rarity these days. But the Asian companies had no such luck.

As far as the others go...hard to update. We’ve started measuring how well the airline is doing by the date on the letters posted on their office door. Most still mention “a temporary flight stoppage due to the recent outbreak...”

I’ve seen some of the anticipated summer 21 schedules, and I think most airlines are a bit ambitious. But things change quickly so who knows. But unfortunately, the start of the summer season is a long ways out.


I’m wondering if we ever see HU again.

Hopefully CX returns. Have you heard anything about them by chance?
 
FGITD
Posts: 1682
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:30 pm

Unfortunately not. I’m more optimistic about CX than HU though.
 
tphuang
Posts: 6613
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:52 pm

If HU doesn't return, I think CA will come. Mainland carriers done pretty well compared to other airlines. They are also willing to try more routes than other airlines. The big question is when travel restriction from Asian countries will begin to be dropped.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:58 pm

tphuang wrote:
If HU doesn't return, I think CA will come. Mainland carriers done pretty well compared to other airlines. They are also willing to try more routes than other airlines. The big question is when travel restriction from Asian countries will begin to be dropped.




MU is a possibility too due to large PVG-BOS market. I would not be surprised if a Chinese carrier does not return until 2023. I think the current situation bodes well for KE and JL. Travel Restrictions aside I think the Biden/Harris first year will be telling.

Also - I just checked matrix and CX has BOS loaded as daily from late March 2021 which I am sure will be trimmed in an upcoming OAG thread.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
S0Y
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:45 am

tphuang wrote:
If HU doesn't return, I think CA will come. Mainland carriers done pretty well compared to other airlines. They are also willing to try more routes than other airlines. The big question is when travel restriction from Asian countries will begin to be dropped.


Agree that there will likely be one of the Chinese carriers, just not sure who. Reckon HU are toast, so that leaves MU, CA and CZ.
Not sure DL would be interested in having MU, likewise AA and CZ, since how much connections will there be with BOS as the point of entry?
Perhaps that means CA are the most likely
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:41 pm

I’ve been wondering about the status of incoming Asian students to local colleges and whether that number will plummet. And correspondingly, whether that will mean no new China carrier comes.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:07 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
I’ve been wondering about the status of incoming Asian students to local colleges and whether that number will plummet. And correspondingly, whether that will mean no new China carrier comes.


The numbers are still there - I know in some cases international students (both graduate and undergraduate) that were to enroll in Fall 2020 went fully remote from their homes with a wait and see approach for Winter 2020.

Relations with China/CCP and USA will be critical but the colleges and universities will lobby the USA government for them to come since they are often paying full tuition.

I also forgot about CZ and a possible Beijing-Daxing flight too at some point.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
B752OS
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:39 pm

It will be interesting to see if Massport is able to cut down the construction time of the various projects they started in 2019 and 2020 with the large dip in traffic.
 
User avatar
NickolayAv
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:14 am

FGITD, how has Eastern Airlines been in its operations from Boston?
Does their website show twice-weekly flights from Boston to Belo Horizonte(CNF), Brazil beginning in March?
However, I don't know if these flights will get off the ground.
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:26 am

NickolayAv wrote:
FGITD, how has Eastern Airlines been in its operations from Boston?
Does their website show twice-weekly flights from Boston to Belo Horizonte(CNF), Brazil beginning in March?
However, I don't know if these flights will get off the ground.


They've been rather delay prone from checking flightaware on the BOS-PTP but not on the SDQ flights. I'd let FGITD possibly mention why since I have no clue.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EAL ... /KBOS/MTPP

They have used 762 and 763 on both routes.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:04 am

Korean sending in a two-year-young 77W for arrival tomorrow morning.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
FGITD
Posts: 1682
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:26 am

NickolayAv wrote:
FGITD, how has Eastern Airlines been in its operations from Boston?
Does their website show twice-weekly flights from Boston to Belo Horizonte(CNF), Brazil beginning in March?
However, I don't know if these flights will get off the ground.


Their hours don’t really run parallel to what I’ve been working lately, so I can’t say I know a whole lot. They keep to themselves quite a bit, presumably because I don't think they have any actual Eastern staff. Seems like every time I’ve seen them on the screens it’s usually followed by some crazy delay though. Much as I'd like to see them succeed, I just can't see it lasting.

B752OS wrote:
It will be interesting to see if Massport is able to cut down the construction time of the various projects they started in 2019 and 2020 with the large dip in traffic.



This I can speak to with slightly more confidence, at least in regards to E. Last I heard (a few months ago) the expansion was miles ahead of where it should be at this point. Not having to limit work due to needing E12 open all summer was hugely beneficial. Not to say the project hasn't been challenging for everyone involved, but it's definitely going easier than I think anyone expected. Even inside the terminal, due to the downturn they've been able to effectively shutdown half the check in counters due to construction. I know most of us don't go there so often, but if you drive to Logan loop past E and take a look. It's an enormous structure.
 
Northeast748
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:43 am

Any status on the B to C connector?
 
jworks158
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:01 am

Northeast748 wrote:
Any status on the B to C connector?


I drove through the airport today, it seems like the B-C connector is having metal stud wall erected currently.
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie
 
NYCDM
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:31 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:49 am

jworks158 wrote:
Northeast748 wrote:
Any status on the B to C connector?


I drove through the airport today, it seems like the B-C connector is having metal stud wall erected currently.


Did the B to A connector ever get approved? Or just B-C?
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2619
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:57 pm

NYCDM wrote:
jworks158 wrote:
Northeast748 wrote:
Any status on the B to C connector?


I drove through the airport today, it seems like the B-C connector is having metal stud wall erected currently.


Did the B to A connector ever get approved? Or just B-C?


B to A was on the list for future funding and construction before Covid under the 5 year capital plan which was approved. Not sure where they are at on that now. They certainly still want it, but I suspect it’s going to be longer until it arrives.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
FGITD
Posts: 1682
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:04 pm

VS4ever wrote:
NYCDM wrote:
jworks158 wrote:

I drove through the airport today, it seems like the B-C connector is having metal stud wall erected currently.


Did the B to A connector ever get approved? Or just B-C?


B to A was on the list for future funding and construction before Covid under the 5 year capital plan which was approved. Not sure where they are at on that now. They certainly still want it, but I suspect it’s going to be longer until it arrives.


I believe the A-B was put on the back burner for awhile. May be totally wrong, I’m out of the loop on a lot of that type of stuff these days but as I recall, it was bumped to the “post Covid” project list.

Got a better glimpse of some of the summer schedules. There are some airlines that are extremely ambitious...and some for whom the sky will never stop falling. Personally I think it’ll end up more down the middle.
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:26 am

FGITD wrote:
Got a better glimpse of some of the summer schedules. There are some airlines that are extremely ambitious....


I’d say AA with a planned five daily BOS-LAX circuits fits that definition.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26645
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:48 am

ChrisNH38 wrote:
FGITD wrote:
Got a better glimpse of some of the summer schedules. There are some airlines that are extremely ambitious....


I’d say AA with a planned five daily BOS-LAX circuits fits that definition.


That's not "ambitious," that's AA's usual schedule in the market. AA has simply has not updated summer 2021 yet to reflect what will actually operate. Airlines are doing schedules only a month or two in advance at the moment.
a.
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
That's not "ambitious," that's AA's usual schedule in the market. AA has simply has not updated summer 2021 yet to reflect what will actually operate. Airlines are doing schedules only a month or two in advance at the moment.


A month or two in advance, you say? Well, check March 17 and tell me what you see.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:02 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
That's not "ambitious," that's AA's usual schedule in the market. AA has simply has not updated summer 2021 yet to reflect what will actually operate. Airlines are doing schedules only a month or two in advance at the moment.


A month or two in advance, you say? Well, check March 17 and tell me what you see.


The March schedule isn’t done yet.
 
FGITD
Posts: 1682
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
That's not "ambitious," that's AA's usual schedule in the market. AA has simply has not updated summer 2021 yet to reflect what will actually operate. Airlines are doing schedules only a month or two in advance at the moment.


A month or two in advance, you say? Well, check March 17 and tell me what you see.


The March schedule isn’t done yet.


For what it’s worth, the only schedules that I’m even remotely privy to are the international flights. They’re usually slightly less prone to last minute changes, but at this point summer might as well be years away, hence my apprehension.

Domestic can pretty much change scheduling up to the day of the flight itself.
 
iyerhari
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 pm

Nov-2020 Logan numbers:

Nov-20 Nov-19 % change
Domestic Charter 908 891 1.9%
Domestic Commuter 28,091 226,702 -87.6%
Domestic Jet 650,504 2,477,618 -73.7%
Total Domestic 679,503 2,705,211 -74.9%
Bermuda/Bahamas/Caribbean 43,062 87,550 -50.8%
Canada 2,833 69,775 -95.9%
Central America 3,885 23,142 -83.2%
Europe 12,867 263,424 -95.1%
Middle East 8,110 54,424 -85.1%
South America - 8,228 -100.0%
Trans-Pacific 1,595 42,957 -96.3%
Australia - -
North Africa - 2,566 -100.0%
Other International - -
Total International 72,352 552,066 -86.9%
General Aviation 4,022 6,828 -41.1%
Total airport passengers 755,877 3,264,105 -76.8%

Month Year Total Pax International pax Year Total Pax International pax Year Total Pax International pax Year Total Pax International pax
Jan 2017 2,603,998 494,741 2018 2,576,261 468,439 2019 2,710,036 521,356 2020 2,940,985 579,541
Feb 2017 2,369,960 411,816 2018 2,605,207 422,707 2019 2,716,724 460,049 2020 2,890,513 487,442
Mar 2017 3,076,023 540,036 2018 3,197,326 578,154 2019 3,457,362 631,858 2020 1,634,101 274,615
Apr 2017 3,271,833 620,923 2018 3,508,607 613,000 2019 3,647,276 707,159 2020 95,352 5,843
May 2017 3,466,805 659,326 2018 3,705,129 672,304 2019 3,879,343 775,024 2020 203,328 6,216
Jun 2017 3,552,952 710,313 2018 3,843,131 742,437 2019 3,946,406 847,877 2020 438,266 18,647
Jul 2017 3,683,573 764,325 2018 3,999,933 798,900 2019 4,072,082 891,642 2020 738,135 72,351
Aug 2017 3,757,903 772,812 2018 4,044,126 821,417 2019 4,120,937 898,759 2020 701,627 73,699
Sep 2017 3,178,011 640,539 2018 3,393,644 697,082 2019 3,547,546 724,791 2020 633,357 65,793
Oct 2017 3,431,263 581,481 2018 3,677,923 651,839 2019 3,771,212 686,063 2020 781,755 69,357
Nov 2017 3,089,200 483,354 2018 3,296,694 539,610 2019 3,264,105 552,066 2020 755877 72,352
Dec 2017 2,930,898 483,354 2018 3,093,944 577,998 2019 3,389,382 621,349 2020
38,412,419 7,163,020 40,941,925 7,583,887 42,522,411 8,317,993 11,813,296 1,725,856
 
FGITD
Posts: 1682
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:36 pm

NickolayAv wrote:
FGITD, how has Eastern Airlines been in its operations from Boston?
Does their website show twice-weekly flights from Boston to Belo Horizonte(CNF), Brazil beginning in March?
However, I don't know if these flights will get off the ground.


To build upon this...every time I’ve seen the FIDS in terminal lately, Eastern has been cancelled. And I’ve seen no airplanes, no staff, no passengers, no equipment.

My opinion...dead in the water. This flight and this airline are going nowhere fast.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:06 am

Found this on boston.com but AA is flying a Saturday BOS-HHH from April 10-May 29 on E-175.

https://www.boston.com/travel/travel/20 ... ilton-head
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
B752OS
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
Found this on boston.com but AA is flying a Saturday BOS-HHH from April 10-May 29 on E-175.

https://www.boston.com/travel/travel/20 ... ilton-head


This is all about golfers. South Carolina is not warm enough to go to the beach in April.
 
tomaheath
Posts: 701
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:27 pm

I was curious about the new “B” to “C” airside connector. Is there going to be gates added to that hall? I’m going to miss watching the ramp activity from the land side hallway a few times I’ve been there with a Spirit manager he was watching the rampers turn the aircraft.
 
User avatar
airportugal310
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:49 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:49 pm

B752OS wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
Found this on boston.com but AA is flying a Saturday BOS-HHH from April 10-May 29 on E-175.

https://www.boston.com/travel/travel/20 ... ilton-head


This is all about golfers. South Carolina is not warm enough to go to the beach in April.


Haven't seen the baggage pits of an E-175, so wondering how good it is for carrying large amounts of golf clubs and bags? I'm guessing it can't be too bad since I think it's used to ASE and other places like that with copious amounts of ski equip
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”
 
airbazar
Posts: 10427
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:10 pm

B752OS wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
Found this on boston.com but AA is flying a Saturday BOS-HHH from April 10-May 29 on E-175.

https://www.boston.com/travel/travel/20 ... ilton-head


This is all about golfers. South Carolina is not warm enough to go to the beach in April.


For some New Englanders it sure is. I know people who go to Myrtle Beach for April school vacation nearly every year, and they love it. It's not for me, even south Florida is too cold for me in April but there are enough people who like that kind of weather.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2619
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:53 pm

tomaheath wrote:
I was curious about the new “B” to “C” airside connector. Is there going to be gates added to that hall? I’m going to miss watching the ramp activity from the land side hallway a few times I’ve been there with a Spirit manager he was watching the rampers turn the aircraft.


There was planned to be one additional gate in that area, it started off being linked to C (C43) but I’ve also seen it classed as a B gate too, when B6 was planning to move up to 30 gates this needed to be one of them in use to make it all work. Now, not so much.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:20 am

I just noticed FI has two flights 630/632 both leaving BOS this summer at 20:50. It appears its 767 and 737 MAX 8. I know they used to have flights leave within 30 minutes of each other. Is this due to gate availability or their Summer 2021 banks in KEF?
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN
 
rnav2dlrey
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:10 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 am

HA reduced HNL to only mondays and fridays. it used to be daily.

i found out via voicemail today; my flight home next week is now canceled. hopefully they'll rebook me on B6 (from LAX).
 
icelandair75w
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:28 am

VS4ever wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
I was curious about the new “B” to “C” airside connector. Is there going to be gates added to that hall? I’m going to miss watching the ramp activity from the land side hallway a few times I’ve been there with a Spirit manager he was watching the rampers turn the aircraft.


There was planned to be one additional gate in that area, it started off being linked to C (C43) but I’ve also seen it classed as a B gate too, when B6 was planning to move up to 30 gates this needed to be one of them in use to make it all work. Now, not so much.


Looks like 4 gates - C40, C41, B42, B43.
Page 17 on the linked PDF

https://www.massport.com/capitalprogramsattachments/L1429-C2/L1429-C2%20CM-Supplemental%20Final.pdf
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2619
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:38 pm

icelandair75w wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
I was curious about the new “B” to “C” airside connector. Is there going to be gates added to that hall? I’m going to miss watching the ramp activity from the land side hallway a few times I’ve been there with a Spirit manager he was watching the rampers turn the aircraft.


There was planned to be one additional gate in that area, it started off being linked to C (C43) but I’ve also seen it classed as a B gate too, when B6 was planning to move up to 30 gates this needed to be one of them in use to make it all work. Now, not so much.


Looks like 4 gates - C40, C41, B42, B43.
Page 17 on the linked PDF



https://www.massport.com/capitalprogramsattachments/L1429-C2/L1429-C2%20CM-Supplemental%20Final.pdf


Nope, only B43 is new. C40, C41 and the renumbered B42 (was C42) were already there. They were used previously by AS and SY primarily until they were vacated in the last round of movements where AS went to B and SY to E, they WILL form part of the connection effectively because that’s how it’s being built. Outside of E it was always a 4 gate expansion. 2 went into B when WN moved across from A. C43 as part of the connector and the final one was one slated to go around C20 and C21 for B6
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
tomaheath
Posts: 701
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:04 pm

VS4ever wrote:
icelandair75w wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

There was planned to be one additional gate in that area, it started off being linked to C (C43) but I’ve also seen it classed as a B gate too, when B6 was planning to move up to 30 gates this needed to be one of them in use to make it all work. Now, not so much.


Looks like 4 gates - C40, C41, B42, B43.
Page 17 on the linked PDF



https://www.massport.com/capitalprogramsattachments/L1429-C2/L1429-C2%20CM-Supplemental%20Final.pdf


Nope, only B43 is new. C40, C41 and the renumbered B42 (was C42) were already there. They were used previously by AS and SY primarily until they were vacated in the last round of movements where AS went to B and SY to E, they WILL form part of the connection effectively because that’s how it’s being built. Outside of E it was always a 4 gate expansion. 2 went into B when WN moved across from A. C43 as part of the connector and the final one was one slated to go around C20 and C21 for B6

I appreciate the info and the pdf link.
 
Cboyle
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:32 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:51 pm

As part of their huge expansion, G4 added BOS-IND and BOS-ORF both beginning may 28
 
FGITD
Posts: 1682
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:08 pm

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-ca ... -1.5906896

Looks like Air Canada is pulling out of Boston for the time being. Understandable, but very unfortunate.
 
airbazar
Posts: 10427
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 pm

Well, well, well.. UA to start BOS-LHR.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1457963
Some of us had been hoping for this, for a long time.
 
aaflyer777
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:33 pm

AA is launching the following as well:
BOS-CMH
BOS-AVL
BOS-TVC
BOS-JAC

Great to see some signs of life in BOS! AA seems to be making a push here, their BOS route map is starting to look like the old hub days
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:21 pm

airbazar wrote:
Well, well, well.. UA to start BOS-LHR.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1457963
Some of us had been hoping for this, for a long time.


Its wild to think how much the biz class products being offered for BOS-LHR will have changed post COVID. It's going to be a bloodbath as everyone competes for the returning business customers. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Likely to end up with:
B6 and their new Mint Offering
DL with their new 767-400 Delta One
UA with their high J 767 Polaris
BA with their new A350-1000 Suite
AA with their Flagship 777-200 or 787 product
VS with new upper class on their A350s or A330neos

On the economy front I'm hoping that B6 can fill the hole that will have been left by DY. While also potentially keeping pressure on the legacies to keep fares down.
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900
 
airbazar
Posts: 10427
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:04 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
airbazar wrote:
Well, well, well.. UA to start BOS-LHR.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1457963
Some of us had been hoping for this, for a long time.


Its wild to think how much the biz class products being offered for BOS-LHR will have changed post COVID. It's going to be a bloodbath as everyone competes for the returning business customers. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Likely to end up with:
B6 and their new Mint Offering
DL with their new 767-400 Delta One
UA with their high J 767 Polaris
BA with their new A350-1000 Suite
AA with their Flagship 777-200 or 787 product
VS with new upper class on their A350s or A330neos

On the economy front I'm hoping that B6 can fill the hole that will have been left by DY. While also potentially keeping pressure on the legacies to keep fares down.


It will be interesting for sure and not just for Boston but globally. A lot of the flights that you listed above rely on connections beyond London too. At the end of the day it will come down to corporate contracts, I think and how fast companies will start to allow their employees to travel. I was just at the United Club in DEN yesterday, circa 3:30pm and was amazing how quiet the place was.
 
Northeast748
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:21 pm

VS4ever wrote:
icelandair75w wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

There was planned to be one additional gate in that area, it started off being linked to C (C43) but I’ve also seen it classed as a B gate too, when B6 was planning to move up to 30 gates this needed to be one of them in use to make it all work. Now, not so much.


Looks like 4 gates - C40, C41, B42, B43.
Page 17 on the linked PDF

When I watch that clip on the Massport “Logan Forward” site, it looks like a couple gates may be renumbered C23 & C24

https://www.massport.com/capitalprogramsattachments/L1429-C2/L1429-C2%20CM-Supplemental%20Final.pdf


Nope, only B43 is new. C40, C41 and the renumbered B42 (was C42) were already there. They were used previously by AS and SY primarily until they were vacated in the last round of movements where AS went to B and SY to E, they WILL form part of the connection effectively because that’s how it’s being built. Outside of E it was always a 4 gate expansion. 2 went into B when WN moved across from A. C43 as part of the connector and the final one was one slated to go around C20 and C21 for B6
 
Northeast748
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:27 pm

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos