Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

piedmontf284000

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:22 am

GSOtoIND wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:
GSOtoIND wrote:
UA picks up Delta's gates in T2 once the T5 expansion is done. Not sure how B6 and NK factor in here since they're both in T3 with AA and AS.

Before S1 is built, Those who have read the lease and understand where all the gate swaps take place know how this unfolds. Exhibit D-1.3 defines all this.

DL moves to T5 (M1-M7)
UA picks up 5 in E and F
AS moves to end of E
B6 stays where they are
NK moves to end of G.
3 domestic/precleared common use gates; 1 in E and 2 in G.
3 domestic/precleared common use gates on the north side of the Stinger. (regionals only)
EAS moves to T5

Moving the EAS carriers to T5 seems particularly silly. I'm sure stuffing Spirit into G won't overcrowd a terminal that's barely large enough for 65 seaters.

The EAS carriers will be utilizing a hardstand just off of M1 (M1A & M1B), which will accommodate two airplanes. All passengers will walk out of the north door and to the planes via a walkway. This will free up space in L, which in my opinion, was way too overcrowded with the EAS carriers operating out of small desk at the end of L in the middle of gate 10 boarding area. With NK leaving, this gives AA the entire L concourse to themselves and a chance to remodel it and bring the light back. Hands down the darkest and dreariest concourse at ORD.

winter

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:03 am

What’s the purpose of the degree offset approaches?

jcwr56

Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:30 am

MLIAA wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:
GSOtoIND wrote:
UA picks up Delta's gates in T2 once the T5 expansion is done. Not sure how B6 and NK factor in here since they're both in T3 with AA and AS.

Before S1 is built, Those who have read the lease and understand where all the gate swaps take place know how this unfolds. Exhibit D-1.3 defines all this.

DL moves to T5 (M1-M7)
UA picks up 5 in E and F
AS moves to end of E
B6 stays where they are
NK moves to end of G.
3 domestic/precleared common use gates on the north side of the Stinger. (regionals only)
EAS moves to T5

I just want to walk through these puzzle pieces.

DL moves to T5, displacing all the narrowbody operators at T5 (AM, WN, F9, AA, UA, etc). They all move down the line to the middle M gates.

That would depend on the time of day, i could see overnight operations being gated in the M8-M12 area

“UA picks up 5 gates in E and F.”
DL doesn’t have gates in F, so where is United getting these gates? AS will spilt Deltas old gates with UA and move out of G.

Don't forget, you can now realign gates, it's all based on linear footage, so UA could add in additional ones.

JetBlue stays in the low G gates.

“NK moves to the end of G”
Do you mean the high G gates or the current Alaska gates in low G?

High G

1 of the former high E Delta gates will be preclearance/common use (assuming to be used by United and Alaska)

Don't assume, the bar is set high for a preferential carrier to access a domestic common use gate. If you think about domestic carriers at T5 that could be shifted out...SY, F9, WN, KG, the use of those 3 common use gates by preferential carriers drop substantially.

“3 domestic/precleared common use gates on the north side of the Stinger. (regionals only)”
Wouldn’t these be exclusively used by AA if they are at the stinger? Why would they be common use?

Legally no, the AULA map shows these 3 being domestic common use. AA can apply to utilize them but like I mentioned above, the bar is set high.

This would also bring all of L concourse under AA’s control.

This is all great information, just trying to digest it.

sircygnus

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:18 pm

winter wrote:

Assuming you mean the offset approach for 10R arrivals? It is because 10C and 10R don't have the necessary horizontal separation

ILikeTrains

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:36 pm

sircygnus wrote:
winter wrote:

Assuming you mean the offset approach for 10R arrivals? It is because 10C and 10R don't have the necessary horizontal separation

Is there an instance that they would do simultaneous approaches on 10C and 10R?

tootshibbard

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:07 pm

From a good source.....

The roof of Gang's new Global Gateway Terminal 2 will be similar in shape? but will not have the glass window tiering that were in the first designs. There will be natural light "slit" openings but not nearly to the extent of the original design. The interiors will also look refined and different than the original concept, in the opinion of the source, for the better.

United787

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:50 pm

People Mover "non-update"... what a frickin joke.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

"The contractor has not provided an updated completion date, said Christine Carrino, a spokeswoman for the Aviation Department. “Substantial” testing procedures must be completed, and that work is continuing, she said in an email."

“The Airport Transit System (ATS) at O’Hare will return to service as soon as the system is operating safely and reliably,” Carrino said. “Substantial progress has been made in the testing, system integration and commissioning process, and the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) continues to work aggressively with its contractor to complete the project.”

airstatdfw

Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:06 pm

ILikeTrains wrote:
sircygnus wrote:
winter wrote:

They could but they have to be staggered to 10C and 10R. There is a straight in approach for 10R but I have never seen it used other than Flight Check. If needed 10R straight in approach can go down to CAT II/III. The 10R offset I believe has minimums of 400ft.

United787

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:52 pm

tootshibbard wrote:
From a good source.....

The roof of Gang's new Global Gateway Terminal 2 will be similar in shape? but will not have the glass window tiering that were in the first designs. There will be natural light "slit" openings but not nearly to the extent of the original design. The interiors will also look refined and different than the original concept, in the opinion of the source, for the better.

I take this is a sign that the design development process is continuing, which is good news since we have heard almost zilch since the design team was selected. Anxious to see how the design has developed and see how far the schedule has assumingly slipped.

airplanedaj

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:28 pm

airstatdfw wrote:
ILikeTrains wrote:
sircygnus wrote:

They could but they have to be staggered to 10C and 10R. There is a straight in approach for 10R but I have never seen it used other than Flight Check. If needed 10R straight in approach can go down to CAT II/III. The 10R offset I believe has minimums of 400ft.

Most of the time their landing east they land 9L on the north side and 10C and 10R on the south using the offset localizer for 10R. If the weather is good, they have the pilots fly a visual approach, so the burden of horizontal separation shifts (mostly) from the controllers to the pilots. If its IMC (cloudy/foggy for the non-pilots) they run the PRM ILS and the pilots have to monitor a second frequency because if either airplane crosses too far off the final for either 10C or 10R they have to go around (second frequency is to hear go around instructions). I don't believe they have to stagger the approaches at all because of these procedures.

timberwolf24

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:35 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
MDW talk has Allegiant moving to gates C1-3 in the Fall with a increase to 5 Based Aircraft.

New flights to be announced in Aug.

Flyguy

Quite the increase for G4. It will be interesting to see if this does happen and what routes they are looking to add. I can see MDW-LAS & PIE.
Living in LA, ORD/MDW will always be home!

ORDFlyer99

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:15 pm

timberwolf24 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
MDW talk has Allegiant moving to gates C1-3 in the Fall with a increase to 5 Based Aircraft.

Flyguy

Quite the increase for G4. It will be interesting to see if this does happen and what routes they are looking to add. I can see MDW-LAS & PIE.

Is it correct that G4 just has two based at MDW right now?

airstatdfw

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:03 pm

airplanedaj wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:
ILikeTrains wrote:

Most of the time their landing east they land 9L on the north side and 10C and 10R on the south using the offset localizer for 10R. If the weather is good, they have the pilots fly a visual approach, so the burden of horizontal separation shifts (mostly) from the controllers to the pilots. If its IMC (cloudy/foggy for the non-pilots) they run the PRM ILS and the pilots have to monitor a second frequency because if either airplane crosses too far off the final for either 10C or 10R they have to go around (second frequency is to hear go around instructions). I don't believe they have to stagger the approaches at all because of these procedures.

That is correct about the PRM for 10R and 10C. That is normally what we run, just talking about what is possible for not doing the offset approach. There is a separate Localizer and Glide slope for the straight in if we do happen to use it.

MLIAA

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:24 pm

airplanedaj wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:
ILikeTrains wrote:

Once the 9R expansion is done, will they switch east flow to land 9L, 9C and 10C so that they won’t need the PRM (and higher minimums)?
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 B789 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 E195 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

jayunited

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:30 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
kordcj wrote:
In the United Fleet thread post, it was mentioned UA would like ORD to grow to 700+ flights/day in the future. Is this even possible in their current gate configuration? Will it be possible when OGT is completed wrt S2/T1?
One stat I haven’t been able to find is how many daily flights can ORD support when OGT is completed? With OMP coming to a finish, I believe nominal runway capacity will be right around 1M annual flights, but I can’t find where that metric got in my head either.

UA picks up 5 gates once DL moves to T5, B6 and NK shuffle around and if UA really wanted too, could add in some O/D flights into T5 itself to reach that 700 number.

United does not need to have O&D flights depart from T5 to hit 700 departures.

To hit that 700 departures United would need to beef up our 7am- 9am departure bank. Pre-Covid in 2019 there was a sizable lull in the number of departures between the 6am bank and our 9am departure bank. United could also on the back end of the day add flights to the 9pm departure bank which was less than stellar in 2019 and re-introduce the 10pm departure bank which United gutted during bankruptcy and then completely cut out during the merger. For years United had a 10pm - 11pm departure bank. for both ramp and CS the late afternoon shift would get off work at 11:30pm. Now days or at least when I left the ramp for Willis Tower our go home time had been moved several times from 11:30pm to 10:30pm then moved again to 9:15pm. There isn't much United can do from 9am till 9pm but once we are completely out of this pandemic United can hit 700 daily departures by adding flights at the beginning and at the end of the day.

AAplat4life

Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:22 am

United787 wrote:
tootshibbard wrote:
From a good source.....

I take this is a sign that the design development process is continuing, which is good news since we have heard almost zilch since the design team was selected. Anxious to see how the design has developed and see how far the schedule has assumingly slipped.

All 5 finalist were preliminary designs, and so changes are to be expected. However, I felt that the Studio ORD design (led by Gang) was eclipsed by 3 others. The exterior was more striking than the SOM one, but that had an interesting interior and somewhat better integration with existing terminals. When all is done, SOM may very well be calling the shots given that it is designing the two satellite concourses and has a lot more experience designing airports.

GSOtoIND

Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:49 am

piedmontf284000 wrote:
GSOtoIND wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:

DL moves to T5 (M1-M7)
UA picks up 5 in E and F
AS moves to end of E
B6 stays where they are
NK moves to end of G.
EAS moves to T5

Moving the EAS carriers to T5 seems particularly silly. I'm sure stuffing Spirit into G won't overcrowd a terminal that's barely large enough for 65 seaters.

The EAS carriers will be utilizing a hardstand just off of M1 (M1A & M1B), which will accommodate two airplanes. All passengers will walk out of the north door and to the planes via a walkway. This will free up space in L, which in my opinion, was way too overcrowded with the EAS carriers operating out of small desk at the end of L in the middle of gate 10 boarding area. With NK leaving, this gives AA the entire L concourse to themselves and a chance to remodel it and bring the light back. Hands down the darkest and dreariest concourse at ORD.

The trouble is that this makes onward connections on AA/UA difficult for EAS travelers. It's not like 8 people flying to Quincy take up that much space on the concourse.
As for renovating L, it could use some freshening up, but it's a better place to put Spirit than G. G is about 15 feet narrower than L (70ft vs 85ft) and the holdrooms over there will struggle to fit 220+ people. I guess AA wants more mainline gates and is happy to sacrifice RJ gates in G to free up the north side of L?

Mexicana757

Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:43 am

ORDFlyer99 wrote:
timberwolf24 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Is it correct that G4 just has two based at MDW right now?

Allegiant doesn't have any based aircraft at MDW.

That's a big push by G4 if they plan to add that many aircraft. I can see them starting with 2 based aircraft and then moving to 5. That's a lot of routes those 5 aircraft can cover. Delta taking back A12?

kordcj

Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:51 am

ILikeTrains wrote:
sircygnus wrote:
winter wrote:

Was watching FR24 about 3hrs ago. They were using 10R/10C/9L for arrivals. Wasn’t listening to tower so couldn’t say what approaches they were flying, but the 10R arrivals definitely looked to be flying the offset approach.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

ILikeTrains

Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Alright, so I’m a moron. I got my directions mixed up and thought we were talking about simultaneous approaches on 10L/10C, not 10C/10R. The offset and approach makes sense now

airstatdfw

Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:47 pm

MLIAA wrote:
airplanedaj wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:

Once the 9R expansion is done, will they switch east flow to land 9L, 9C and 10C so that they won’t need the PRM (and higher minimums)?

The arrival rate will be higher landing 10R with the offset if we can’t LAHSO to bring the 9L arrivals back to the terminal. So to answer your question maybe depending on WX and if we can LAHSO. I have a feeling you will see many different landing and departing pairs based on WX and traffic. We are still not allowed to Quad yet to use all 4 arrival Rwys. We can land 10R down to 400ft, and if the WX was worse than that we wouldn’t be able to LASHO either. We ask for more spacing on 9C/27C if we can’t LAHSO to get the arrivals across and the hanger traffic up and down.

himarhernandez

Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:46 pm

Iberia returns to ORD starting yesterday, looking forward to flying this route in July! Equipment:A330
https://www.businesstraveller.com/busin ... on-and-la/

gabik001

Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:43 am

himarhernandez wrote:
Iberia returns to ORD starting yesterday, looking forward to flying this route in July! Equipment:A330
https://www.businesstraveller.com/busin ... on-and-la/

Iberia returned April 28 to ORD and was flying once a week. Starting yesterday will be here 3 times a week.
Anyway along with IB, AC sent B789 from MAD to ORD today. Departed to YUL around 1:45pm.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

bigred10k

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:27 pm

Has there been any update when the ATS/People Mover operations will resume @ORD?

scaledesigns

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 pm

Saw a Challenge Excepted 747 at ORD Monday.

Here a link to some of my ORD photos. Should have a few going up on Bruce Drums site also. The old slide scanner was not very good quality.

https://www.airlinefan.com/airline-phot ... om-Tanner/

I also have a few up on this site under the Scale Designs user name.
F1 Tommy

gabik001

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:00 pm

Finnair is sending an A359 today first time since pandemic (except three flights in February 2021). ETA of AY9 is 5:45pm.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

scaledesigns

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:17 pm

gabik001 wrote:
Finnair is sending an A359 today first time since pandemic (except three flights in February 2021). ETA of AY9 is 5:45pm.

They have several of them planned it looks like. Saw the Magma 747 sitting by the GRE yesterday. Also Icelandair has the 737M's coming in now several times a week and CMA A330 comes in everyday around 1200-1300 like clockwork.
F1 Tommy

amtravels

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:12 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
UA might be down a gate or 2 because of the Terminal 1 improvements and construction currently taking place.

Do we know what exactly they’re doing to those gates? Any pics or renderings? I was at ORD yesterday and saw the gates under construction and wondered what they’re doing. Seems strange to renovate a few gates but leave the rest as-is.

jayunited

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:57 am

amtravels wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:
UA might be down a gate or 2 because of the Terminal 1 improvements and construction currently taking place.

Do we know what exactly they’re doing to those gates? Any pics or renderings? I was at ORD yesterday and saw the gates under construction and wondered what they’re doing. Seems strange to renovate a few gates but leave the rest as-is.

Are you referring to gates B7 and B8?

If so those gates are closed while construction crews are working on repairing the roof, as well as upgrading the HAVC units along with some other work that required both gates be shut down. One of those gates should be back in service by August and the other will remain closed for the entire summer.

gabik001

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:10 am

scaledesigns wrote:
gabik001 wrote:

They have several of them planned it looks like. Saw the Magma 747 sitting by the GRE yesterday. Also Icelandair has the 737M's coming in now several times a week and CMA A330 comes in everyday around 1200-1300 like clockwork.

Seems like AY is scheduled 3 times a week on A359. FI will visit ORD 3 times a week starting next Wednesday on B38M. So far they sent older (first delivered) planes.

Rl12383

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Terminal 5 update posted by Power Construction on Linkedin. A few good pics and an update on expected completion:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/power-co ... 88672-MbSw

SRQLOT

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:24 pm

Rl12383 wrote:
Terminal 5 update posted by Power Construction on Linkedin. A few good pics and an update on expected completion:

Are they using styrofoam for the ground floor?? Few years back I saw tests being done to make roads out of styrofoam, but nothing since then. Is this a common thing now or still rare? I think that’s pretty cool, saves money on concrete no??
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK G4 F9
717 733/7/8/9/M8 744 752/3 763 772 788 319/20/21 332/3 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E70/75/95 (PA28,152)

glbltrvlr

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:44 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
Are they using styrofoam for the ground floor?? Few years back I saw tests being done to make roads out of styrofoam, but nothing since then. Is this a common thing now or still rare? I think that’s pretty cool, saves money on concrete no??
It's a pretty common construction method for poured concrete floors. Acts as a thermal break to prevent heat from escaping the structure. I don't believe it replaces concrete or gravel subfloor.

ORD3

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:56 pm

Rl12383 wrote:

The post says 5 new gates. I thought there were supposed to be 10 additional gates? (https://www.powerconstruction.net/projects/aviation-construction/ohare-21-terminal-5)

Long time reader, first time poster. As an airport hobbyist, thank you all for the incredible information throughout the years!!

Planeboy17

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:23 pm

ORD3 wrote:
Rl12383 wrote:

The post says 5 new gates. I thought there were supposed to be 10 additional gates? (https://www.powerconstruction.net/projects/aviation-construction/ohare-21-terminal-5)

Long time reader, first time poster. As an airport hobbyist, thank you all for the incredible information throughout the years!!

I’m not sure but the 10 gates maybe the 5 new gates on the eastern side where the new construction is and maybe the other 5 gates are being made by transitioning some WB gates to NB on the western side for DL, WN and F9?

BigPlaneGuy13

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 pm

I saw on Thursday 6/17 WN up-gauged an ORD-PHX flight to a 738. Was this a one-off or can we expect to see more of these?

I recall WN’s best load factors out of ORD were to PHX. I wonder how that’s going.

United787

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:43 am

Great to see an update on the T5 expansion, it is really taking shape. Unbelievable that it will be completed next year!

SRQLOT wrote:
Rl12383 wrote:

Styrofoam blocks like the ones in the photos (refrigerator size) were used a lot during the construction of Millennium Park as lightweight fill on top of the parking garage in areas they didn't need a lot of soil. That was in the early 2000s.

I was one of the landscape architects for the redevelopment of Soldier Field in 2002/2003. One of the major design elements for the park surrounding Soldier Field was to sculpt excavated earth from two parking garages into landforms. We wanted to extend those landforms onto the roof of the north parking garage (between the stadium and the Field Museum) but the parking garage had already been designed to only support 12" of soil. So we created the landforms from styrofoam blocks and then capped the styrofoam with the allowable 12" of soil.

ORDfan

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Rl12383 wrote:

Great link, thanks for sharing that! Does anyone know if this part of the T5 extension will have its own street-level drop-off/arrivals zone? Or will all PAX continue to be routed through the main (existing) entrance/exit?

AAplat4life wrote:
United787 wrote:
tootshibbard wrote:
From a good source.....

All 5 finalist were preliminary designs, and so changes are to be expected. However, I felt that the Studio ORD design (led by Gang) was eclipsed by 3 others. The exterior was more striking than the SOM one, but that had an interesting interior and somewhat better integration with existing terminals. When all is done, SOM may very well be calling the shots given that it is designing the two satellite concourses and has a lot more experience designing airports.

I really liked Studio ORD's overall design, but strongly disliked the bi-level entrance hall. I just felt like it had too many escalators. I'd really like to see a traditional floorplate where the entrance hall and departures are on one level (departures street-level). I'm worried that the "forecourt" and ticketing area will have the feel a baseball stadium with all the escalators, similar to LHR T5...no thanks.

SyracuseAvGeek

Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Denver Air Connection will fly from Chicago to Watertown, SD and continue onto DEN.

https://airlinegeeks.com/2021/05/21/den ... s-the-gap/

Where will DAC park at O’Hare? They’re E145 is too big to park at L11A with the rest of the smaller EAS carriers.

Seeing as they will have baggage agreements with UA, could they park at one of they’re regional gates for the one flight a day they operate into ORD?
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

airstatdfw

Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:37 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
Denver Air Connection will fly from Chicago to Watertown, SD and continue onto DEN.

Where will DAC park at O’Hare? They’re E145 is too big to park at L11A with the rest of the smaller EAS carriers.

Seeing as they will have baggage agreements with UA, could they park at one of they’re regional gates for the one flight a day they operate into ORD?

I believe they will be parking at Term 5, not sure which gate.

timberwolf24

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:09 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

I doubt UA will doing anything with DAC, as Skywest will continue the route under the United Express banner.
Living in LA, ORD/MDW will always be home!

jcwr56

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:10 pm

airstatdfw wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

The only bridge that currently accepts the 145 at T5 is 7a, but with this aircraft having its' own built in stairs can be gated anywhere on the T5 complex. I believe they will check in at Terminal 3 using the expanded EAS counters then be bused over to/from L11a to the aircraft.

Eventually all EAS moves to T5 under the lease until then they'll be patched worked between T3 and T5.

Cubsrule

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:35 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

The only bridge that currently accepts the 145 at T5 is 7a, but with this aircraft having its' own built in stairs can be gated anywhere on the T5 complex. I believe they will check in at Terminal 3 using the expanded EAS counters then be bused over to/from L11a to the aircraft.

Eventually all EAS moves to T5 under the lease until then they'll be patched worked between T3 and T5.

When there was 50-seat jet service to secondary Canada (UA* to YXU and MQ to YKF), did those park on bridges at T5?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

gabik001

Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:36 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

Caught N971DC as "KeyLime 1092" on Firday at 27R and they parked at Signature.

SyracuseAvGeek

Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:43 pm

timberwolf24 wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

I doubt UA will doing anything with DAC, as Skywest will continue the route under the United Express banner.

I’m surprised they SkyWest would continue it under the UA brand. They won’t be getting EAS subsidies for it anymore come July 1. Wonder how long that will last
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

Planeboy17

Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:09 am

Attention ORD spotters, LATAM 773 from GRU is due in just before noon lasted today.

jcwr56

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:53 am

Cubsrule wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:

When there was 50-seat jet service to secondary Canada (UA* to YXU and MQ to YKF), did those park on bridges at T5?
No, they walked in.

yeogeo

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:57 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
Attention ORD spotters, LATAM 773 from GRU is due in just before noon lasted today.

Found it on FR24: TAM 9552. Just off the south shore of Puerto Rico at the moment.

yeogeo

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:

PT-MUI just landed 10C

Normal rotations are Brazil>FRA/MAD/LHR/AMS..
>Anyone here know if the LATAM 767F (I believe) flights continued during COVID?

Planeboy17

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:07 pm

They were sporadic. They initially continued, then stopped, then began again for a couple of months and then stopped again. This is the first time I’ve seen a 773 do the route though.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos