Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Wneast

Re: Alaska Announces BOI-AUS/ORD, Relaunches Idaho Falls and Redding

Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:26 pm

hiflyeras wrote:
alohashirts wrote:
The next logical adds AS should do from BOI are LAS/PHX/SLC.

Exactly!! Maybe this fall? Definitely PHX and LAS!

I see a Hawaii flight coming in winter

alasizon

Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:53 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
I'm a little surprised AS doesn't fly BOI-LAS, or BOI-RNO on the Q400.

BOI-RNO used to be flown - aircraft used to be BOI-RNO-SJC-LAX and back and was cut back in 2019.

AVLAirlineFreq

Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:59 pm

alasizon wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
I'm a little surprised AS doesn't fly BOI-LAS, or BOI-RNO on the Q400.

BOI-RNO used to be flown - aircraft used to be BOI-RNO-SJC-LAX and back and was cut back in 2019.

Thanks. I thought that sounded familiar.

Midwestindy

Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:39 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
Runway765 wrote:

Which is why I don't get why DL insists on having AUS as a "focus city". AA/AS/BA/Oneworld pretty much have all the major destinations locked up.

The demographics of AUS are good: big state government, tech, population growth, income. It's going to be big enough to be (at least) a 2-carrier market, because neither AA nor UA is going to make it a hub (and compete with their own nearby hubs). It's already bigger than IAD, BNA, CLT and SLC in domestic O&D.

I think that's right. The other thing that helps keep AUS fragmented is that it is a relatively poorer location for connections than many of the peer cities. It's a lot easier for WN to fly marginal routes at, say, BNA where it can connect a bunch of Florida traffic than it is at AUS. So at AUS, we're likely to see lots of service to everyone's hubs and opportunistic adds like this one.

AA/AS/BA were already 4M passengers at AUS pre-covid, about double the size of DL, this is before even factoring in the numerous new routes each has added in 2020/2021

AA doesn't at all need a hub in AUS to command a dominant share of the market over DL

gsg013 wrote:
Runway765 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
As was mentioned when their partnership was first announced, AA + AS are building a great network from AUS:

AS: LAX, PDX, SAN, SFO, SJC, SEA, BOI
AA: BOS, MIA, MCO, DFW, CLT, ORD, LAX, MIA, JFK, PHL, PHX, SJC, SJD

Covering many major O&Ds from AUS

Which is why I don't get why DL insists on having AUS as a "focus city". AA/AS/BA/Oneworld pretty much have all the major destinations locked up.

Have you flown American recently? The service and interiors of the planes are like flying a greyhound bus with wings...

DL should be able to win AUS with their focus city operations. Their \ quality of the product both Hard and Soft is far superior to AA and AS coupled with their on time performance should help them win this battle.

Have you flown American recently?

I don't remember Greyhound having First Class lie-flat seating

Cubsrule

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

The demographics of AUS are good: big state government, tech, population growth, income. It's going to be big enough to be (at least) a 2-carrier market, because neither AA nor UA is going to make it a hub (and compete with their own nearby hubs). It's already bigger than IAD, BNA, CLT and SLC in domestic O&D.

I think that's right. The other thing that helps keep AUS fragmented is that it is a relatively poorer location for connections than many of the peer cities. It's a lot easier for WN to fly marginal routes at, say, BNA where it can connect a bunch of Florida traffic than it is at AUS. So at AUS, we're likely to see lots of service to everyone's hubs and opportunistic adds like this one.

AA/AS/BA were already 4M passengers at AUS pre-covid, about double the size of DL, this is before even factoring in the numerous new routes each has added in 2020/2021

I'm not sure that DL needs to meet or beat AA's passenger numbers to have a successful focus city that is meaningfully larger than its current operation, though. Look at the passenger numbers in a place like BNA. DL is significantly larger than AA but I'd argue that AA is actually better off from a network perspective. The passenger numbers in both places are mostly reflections of whose largest hub is a couple hundred miles away.

tphuang

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:55 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

I'm not sure that DL needs to meet or beat AA's passenger numbers to have a successful focus city that is meaningfully larger than its current operation, though. Look at the passenger numbers in a place like BNA. DL is significantly larger than AA but I'd argue that AA is actually better off from a network perspective. The passenger numbers in both places are mostly reflections of whose largest hub is a couple hundred miles away.

In BNA, both airlines are operating hub routes. In AUS, DL would need to operate quite a few non-hub/focus city routes in order to turn it into a focus city. With its cost level, how does it achieve significant revenue premium over WN to those places unless it can be the dominant legacy carrier of choice? They'd actually need to have a much larger network than AA out of AUS in order to win over those ff. It's a lot easier to keep ff vs picking them up from other carriers. AA doesn't need to do much to remain as legacy of choice. There is a reason AA still has a huge BOS ff base despite DL making a huge buildup there.

LAXBUR

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if American’s BOI-ORD flight becomes permanently seasonal (and later disappears). I think it started seasonal, then became permanent, and is sometimes daily and sometimes not.

Austin is interesting.

Midwestindy

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:01 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

At BNA I'm fairly certain AA is larger if you combine their regional partners, or even combine Oneworld carriers, AA runs more daily flights as well. Either way the gap between the two is not significant by any stretch.

The carrier whose hub is closest is indicative of who can maintain the FF base, and therefore command the market. Passenger numbers demonstrate market share, if you are competing with carriers with 2x or 3x your market share, it is extremely difficult to build a focus city especially when you combine the underlying factors at play. (WN/AA+AS+BA with 12+ routes, close proximity to large hubs, long-haul service, e.t.c)

AUS would technically already be an AA focus city, if they used the same terminology as DL.

Cubsrule

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:10 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

At BNA I'm fairly certain AA is larger if you combine their regional partners, or even combine Oneworld carriers, AA runs more daily flights as well. Either way the gap between the two is not significant by any stretch.

The carrier whose hub is closest is indicative of who can maintain the FF base, and therefore command the market. Passenger numbers demonstrate market share, if you are competing with carriers with 2x or 3x your market share, it is extremely difficult to build a focus city especially when you combine the underlying factors at play. (WN/AA+AS+BA with 12+ routes, close proximity to large hubs, long-haul service, e.t.c)

AUS would technically already be an AA focus city, if they used the same terminology as DL.

Your first and second paragraphs seem to contradict one another. You say that the closest megahub commands the market, but then you argue that AA is not meaningfully behind DL at BNA. Heck, the closest megahub to AUS is IAH and we can probably agree that UA does not command AUS. So, I'm a bit lost on your point. Having a hub close by makes things easier, but I'm not sure it's an absolute prerequisite. After all, DL had no hub within 600 miles of SEA when it started building SEA.

SurfandSnow

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:31 pm

Wow! 2 new carriers for IDA this year (AA and AS), and another UA monopoly finally broken at a small California airport (RDD). I suspect all of these additions were made possible by the renewed AA/AS partnership. Does AA still fly ORD-BOI?

Midwestindy

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:53 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

Your first and second paragraphs seem to contradict one another. You say that the closest megahub commands the market, but then you argue that AA is not meaningfully behind DL at BNA. Heck, the closest megahub to AUS is IAH and we can probably agree that UA does not command AUS. So, I'm a bit lost on your point. Having a hub close by makes things easier, but I'm not sure it's an absolute prerequisite. After all, DL had no hub within 600 miles of SEA when it started building SEA.

a) You were the one who said DL at BNA was significantly larger than AA, I was just saying that was incorrect, which is true.

b) You were also the one who brought up the closest hub argument. I simply said closest hub was indicative, of who can maintain the FF base. No where did I say it was an absolute prerequisite.

- Indicative definition: serving as a sign or indication of something.

DLASFlyer

Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:27 am

SurfandSnow wrote:
Wow! 2 new carriers for IDA this year (AA and AS), and another UA monopoly finally broken at a small California airport (RDD). I suspect all of these additions were made possible by the renewed AA/AS partnership.

More like made possible by a pandemic upending the entire air transportation business.

alasizon

Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:52 am

DLASFlyer wrote:
SurfandSnow wrote:
Wow! 2 new carriers for IDA this year (AA and AS), and another UA monopoly finally broken at a small California airport (RDD). I suspect all of these additions were made possible by the renewed AA/AS partnership.

More like made possible by a pandemic upending the entire air transportation business.

With the exception of RDD, these markets likely would have existed anyhow this year given the growth track the industry was on already.

JetAwayDrew

Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:58 am

gsg013 wrote:
Runway765 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
As was mentioned when their partnership was first announced, AA + AS are building a great network from AUS:

Have you flown American recently? The service and interiors of the planes are like flying a greyhound bus with wings...

DL should be able to win AUS with their focus city operations. Their \ quality of the product both Hard and Soft is far superior to AA and AS coupled with their on time performance should help them win this battle.

I disagree, pre-Covid AA far superior first class meals. AA wins on soft product all the way. DL definitely has the edge on the hard product side of things tho.

dcah62

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:00 am

So is Skywest or Horizon providing the BOI-ORD and AUS flights? I couldn't determine that from Alaska's press release.

Ishrion

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:05 am

dcah62 wrote:
So is Skywest or Horizon providing the BOI-ORD and AUS flights? I couldn't determine that from Alaska's press release.

Both are Horizon according to the bookings.

BOI-AUS: "Flight 2576 is operated by Horizon Air as AlaskaHorizon"
BOI-ORD: "Flight 2199 is operated by Horizon Air as AlaskaHorizon"

LAXBUR

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:07 am

dcah62 wrote:

The schedule shows Horizon. But that can and likely will change sometimes.

FlyingElvii

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:12 am

tphuang wrote:
Quite an interesting strategy and I think a good one by AS. They appear to be making BOI into a mini focus city.

It was a focus city, years ago, with GEG.

FlyingElvii

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:15 am

Midwestindy wrote:

If Skywest/Horizon has the available jets, I can easily see more Montana-ORD adds.

wedgetail737

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:06 am

32andBelow wrote:
Surprised RDD over ACV

Give it time, I'm sure they will. But RDD has more population around it, plus you have Mt. Lassen, Mt. Shasta and Lake Shasta to name a few.

DenverTed

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:36 am

Currently, I believe PAE has four flights a day. One is at UA to DEN, and AS to PHX, LAS, and PSP. With BOI added for September, what other destinations will be back? UA to SFO was not too successful. AS to PDX went from four a day to now zero, versus PSP, which is back. How will BOI do at PAE?

wedgetail737

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 am

DenverTed wrote:
Currently, I believe PAE has four flights a day. One is at UA to DEN, and AS to PHX, LAS, and PSP. With BOI added for September, what other destinations will be back? UA to SFO was not too successful. AS to PDX went from four a day to now zero, versus PSP, which is back. How will BOI do at PAE?

I believe PAE has more flights than you indicated here. They also have SAN, SNA and LAX. I don't remember if they restarted SFO or SJC.

sprxUSA

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:04 pm

I have doubts that BOI-PAE will ever actually start. If it was that great of an opportunity, I think they would have started it by now instead if kicking it down the line and adding all of these other routes.

ckfred

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:14 pm

UA used to fly BOI-ORD in the 70s and 80s, typically with 727s. But, as the DEN hub built up, I think UA felt it made sense to funnel O&D Chicago traffic through DEN, rather than have ORD as a second connecting point on what typically was 1 R/T daily.

timberwolf24

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:21 pm

ckfred wrote:
UA used to fly BOI-ORD in the 70s and 80s, typically with 727s. But, as the DEN hub built up, I think UA felt it made sense to funnel O&D Chicago traffic through DEN, rather than have ORD as a second connecting point on what typically was 1 R/T daily.

UA/UA Express still opperaties ORD-BOI. Are you thinking WN, I believe they did run MDW-BOI & GEG at one point.

AC4500

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:26 pm

AS adding BOI-ORD seems odd, given that AA already operates this route. Couldn't they just codeshare AA's current BOI-ORD flight, like AA will be doing with Alaska's new BOI-AUS flight?

I guess AS and AA also both operate PDX/SEA-ORD so maybe the market is large enough for both airlines to co-operate the route.

DenverTed

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:40 pm

With AS doing PAE-BOI, WN can compete with BLI-BOI.

Wneast

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:41 pm

DenverTed wrote:

That would be interesting since they couldn’t do to SeaTac but that might work since there’s not Alaska on the at route

BoeingGuy

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:45 pm

DenverTed wrote:

I wonder if AS will resume more flights out of BLI in response to WN’s entry. AS has dropped 5 destinations out of BLI in the past few years including all mainline.

I live very close to PAE so not likely to personally use BLI. However, my girlfriend lives farther north and has used BLI. She said it’s great. Very easy and convenient.

gmcc

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:52 pm

AC4500 wrote:
AS adding BOI-ORD seems odd, given that AA already operates this route. Couldn't they just codeshare AA's current BOI-ORD flight, like AA will be doing with Alaska's new BOI-AUS flight?

I guess AS and AA also both operate PDX/SEA-ORD so maybe the market is large enough for both airlines to co-operate the route.

I suspect ORD is another hub that they can't codeshare on like DFW as a result of the virgin deal.

LAXBUR

Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:16 pm

gmcc wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

I suspect ORD is another hub that they can't codeshare on like DFW as a result of the virgin deal.

They currently codeshare on this route. AA4084/AS6217. You can currently book the AA flight through Alaska (no connecting American flight required). The ability to buy the AA option disappears once Alaska begins service. However, the codeshare remains it appears.

Wneast

Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:48 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
DenverTed wrote:

I wonder if AS will resume more flights out of BLI in response to WN’s entry. AS has dropped 5 destinations out of BLI in the past few years including all mainline.

I live very close to PAE so not likely to personally use BLI. However, my girlfriend lives farther north and has used BLI. She said it’s great. Very easy and convenient.

What would the add back ?

msp747

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:43 pm

Wneast wrote:
Alaska adds BOI to Chicago and Austin starting June 17 what’s next for them in Boise ?

It has been great to watch them grow in BOI. It is a pleasant surprise to see them adding destinations east of BOI.

That said, I personally would like to see them strengthen some of their current routes, like adding more SFO/SJC flights. UA is back to mostly CRJ on its SFO flights, so AS offers a better product for O&D travelers. Hopefully that route can get bumped to 2 or 3 times daily. It would be nice to see 2 or 3 times daily on SJC too.

As for new adds, I think SNA would be popular, but since slots are hard to come by, I don't know if BOI is high on the list for AS. BOI just offered a bunch of new incentives for airlines to fly to "target" markets, so they could try and take advantage of those with flights to ANC or HNL.

https://boisedev.com/news/2021/03/03/bo ... tinations/

wedgetail737

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:48 pm

msp747 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Alaska adds BOI to Chicago and Austin starting June 17 what’s next for them in Boise ?

It has been great to watch them grow in BOI. It is a pleasant surprise to see them adding destinations east of BOI.

That said, I personally would like to see them strengthen some of their current routes, like adding more SFO/SJC flights. UA is back to mostly CRJ on its SFO flights, so AS offers a better product for O&D travelers. Hopefully that route can get bumped to 2 or 3 times daily. It would be nice to see 2 or 3 times daily on SJC too.

As for new adds, I think SNA would be popular, but since slots are hard to come by, I don't know if BOI is high on the list for AS. BOI just offered a bunch of new incentives for airlines to fly to "target" markets, so they could try and take advantage of those with flights to ANC or HNL.

BOI provides only a couple of connection opportunities like GEG, PDX, SEA and possibly some CA cities (and some make crazy connections like that). But BOI is very easy for connections if needed. I can definitely see AS increasing their presence at BOI, especially as the US slowly recovers from this damn pandemic.

Wneast

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:53 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
msp747 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

BOI provides only a couple of connection opportunities like GEG, PDX, SEA and possibly some CA cities (and some make crazy connections like that). But BOI is very easy for connections if needed. I can definitely see AS increasing their presence at BOI, especially as the US slowly recovers from this damn pandemic.

I think the new incentives program might entice them to try ANC and HNL

wedgetail737

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Wneast wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
msp747 wrote:

Maybe...I was think more along the lines of BOI-DFW or maybe BOI-JFK (even though B6 will serve that market). But just my opinion. I think HNL is a lot more likely than ANC.

Wneast

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:59 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Maybe...I was think more along the lines of BOI-DFW or maybe BOI-JFK (even though B6 will serve that market). But just my opinion. I think HNL is a lot more likely than ANC.
very true I could see those adds I feel like ANC is less likely for how many flights the have from Seattle, it will be interesting to see if it becomes a mini hub for them

msp747

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:07 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

HNL wouldn't be surprising at all, but with COVID restrictions, that would probably be one they'd wait on until at least the fall or winter. ANC seems like an odd target market to me, especially since DC is not on the list.

I understand why they did it, but it's frustrating that BOI delayed their expansion plans because of the COVID uncertainty. AS really needs that Concourse A expansion, since their current digs in C were designed for the days of QX Dash-8s and CRJ-700s. They added a couple of jetways for the 737s, but it's still a less than ideal setup.

Wneast

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:15 pm

msp747 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

HNL wouldn't be surprising at all, but with COVID restrictions, that would probably be one they'd wait on until at least the fall or winter. ANC seems like an odd target market to me, especially since DC is not on the list.

I understand why they did it, but it's frustrating that BOI delayed their expansion plans because of the COVID uncertainty. AS really needs that Concourse A expansion, since their current digs in C were designed for the days of QX Dash-8s and CRJ-700s. They added a couple of jetways for the 737s, but it's still a less than ideal setup.

Yeah I heard Alaska is filing there jetway ups and they need more abs they only way would be if a other airline would give one up and I think the HNL flight makes since to maybe announce in the summer and then start in the winter or fall before the holidays

msp747

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:26 pm

Wneast wrote:
msp747 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Yeah I heard Alaska is filing there jetway ups and they need more abs they only way would be if a other airline would give one up and I think the HNL flight makes since to maybe announce in the summer and then start in the winter or fall before the holidays

I'm sure they could share one if needed, especially if the HNL flight wasn't part of the morning/evening rush. Unfortunately for the airport, they have to build a new rental car facility before they can even think about Concourse A, since the current rental lot is where the new concourse will go. So it's going to be 3 to 5 years at least before they get any relief. I know the airport is planning to move forward on some of the projects this summer, but they haven't said which ones will be build first.

It's nice that AS is still building up its operation despite of all of this.

Wneast

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:28 pm

msp747 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
msp747 wrote:

I'm sure they could share one if needed, especially if the HNL flight wasn't part of the morning/evening rush. Unfortunately for the airport, they have to build a new rental car facility before they can even think about Concourse A, since the current rental lot is where the new concourse will go. So it's going to be 3 to 5 years at least before they get any relief. I know the airport is planning to move forward on some of the projects this summer, but they haven't said which ones will be build first.

It's nice that AS is still building up its operation despite of all of this.

Maybe the will spend up there expansion since if the add more flights not just on Alaska the airport will be pushed to the limit

SANFan

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:27 pm

I wonder about the recent upgrade (to mainline) or downgrade (in freq) of the BOI-SAN route -- what was the reason for the change? It's certainly nice to see a 739 flying daily from SAN but it seems to me the daily-double service previously offered (on EMJs) offered more time choices for travelers. Of course ideally we will someday soon see a couple of flights a day including at least one of them on mainline equipment! (And it does seem that AS chased WN off the route temporarily but it looks like they're coming back next month... I guess that may have just been a COVID-suspension by WN.)

Ironically, AS did the same thing with SAN-GEG -- took it from 2 EMJs/day to a single Airbus r/t. Same reasoning as with BOI (whatever that may be?)

In the case of BOI, I thought, perhaps AS is gate-constrained and they decided to reduce the number of flights at BOI by cutting the flights in half from SAN (and perhaps other cities?) Can anyone up there in Idaho confirm my thinking -- or deny it?

It is nice to see BOI getting more well-deserved growth from AAG! It will be interesting to see how long it takes to see ORD and/or AUS upgraded to mainline a/c -- I'm betting it won't be long!

bb

BoeingGuy

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:40 pm

What’s next after RDD and IDA? I’d have to think that maybe ACV and FLG could be considered since AS is adding outdoorsy destinations.

SGU would fit that bill also due to its proximity to Zion and Bryce Canyon.

I’ve already booked the new SEA-RDD flight. It was a rather convenient add. I personally have older relatives in the area in which I’ve been wanting to visit.

MaxTrimm

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:44 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
What’s next after RDD and IDA? I’d have to think that maybe ACV and FLG could be considered since AS is adding outdoorsy destinations.

I’ve already booked the new SEA-RDD flight. It was a rather convenient add. I personally have older relatives in the area in which I’ve been wanting to visit.

FLG and SGU make lots of sense given the recent push towards outdoor leisure. FLG in particular, it’s much nicer there in the Summer than the rest of that region. It’s still wild to me that AS doesn’t have JAC yet, but with how many new flights they’re getting I’m not even sure there’s room. Rather than new destinations, moving forward I can see a lot more of the SAN-BZN type additions over the next few months

Ishrion

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:49 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:

Is Alaska interested in expanding in Colorado? They only serve DEN/HDN at the moment.

SEA-COS/GJT/DRO/MTJ/EGE?

SurfandSnow

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Ishrion wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

Is Alaska interested in expanding in Colorado? They only serve DEN/HDN at the moment.

SEA-COS/GJT/DRO/MTJ/EGE?

Similar to HDN, I could see EGE being served with the E-175 less than daily from SEA and SAN.

superjeff

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:59 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
This new ruling may put some limitations on what routes will still be practical, and not just for Alaska, but any airline with crew based in California:

https://thejetset.tv/travel-news/airlin ... 9ElyUEMwTg

I do smell a possible appeal of this. The 9th Circuit has had more cases reversed in the past than any other Circuit. We'll see.

QXorVX

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:00 pm

MaxTrimm wrote:
It’s still wild to me that AS doesn’t have JAC yet, but with how many new flights they’re getting I’m not even sure there’s room.

I have good news for you then, AS operates JAC-SEA, JAC-SAN, and JAC-SJC already :). Some variation of less than daily for most of those, and SJC is very seasonal.

MaxTrimm

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:04 pm

QXorVX wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:
It’s still wild to me that AS doesn’t have JAC yet, but with how many new flights they’re getting I’m not even sure there’s room.

I have good news for you then, AS operates JAC-SEA, JAC-SAN, and JAC-SJC already :). Some variation of less than daily for most of those, and SJC is very seasonal.

No kidding! For some reason I didn’t even know that. Scrap that then - maybe the likes of ASE or EGE are next. I’m not sure why I thought they didn’t come to JAC

Wneast

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:21 pm

SANFan wrote:
I wonder about the recent upgrade (to mainline) or downgrade (in freq) of the BOI-SAN route -- what was the reason for the change? It's certainly nice to see a 739 flying daily from SAN but it seems to me the daily-double service previously offered (on EMJs) offered more time choices for travelers. Of course ideally we will someday soon see a couple of flights a day including at least one of them on mainline equipment! (And it does seem that AS chased WN off the route temporarily but it looks like they're coming back next month... I guess that may have just been a COVID-suspension by WN.)

Ironically, AS did the same thing with SAN-GEG -- took it from 2 EMJs/day to a single Airbus r/t. Same reasoning as with BOI (whatever that may be?)

In the case of BOI, I thought, perhaps AS is gate-constrained and they decided to reduce the number of flights at BOI by cutting the flights in half from SAN (and perhaps other cities?) Can anyone up there in Idaho confirm my thinking -- or deny it?

It is nice to see BOI getting more well-deserved growth from AAG! It will be interesting to see how long it takes to see ORD and/or AUS upgraded to mainline a/c -- I'm betting it won't be long!

bb

I’m wondering that too they made the lax flight a mainline airbus Also

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos