Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

gmcc

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:07 pm

Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:
I wonder about the recent upgrade (to mainline) or downgrade (in freq) of the BOI-SAN route -- what was the reason for the change? It's certainly nice to see a 739 flying daily from SAN but it seems to me the daily-double service previously offered (on EMJs) offered more time choices for travelers. Of course ideally we will someday soon see a couple of flights a day including at least one of them on mainline equipment! (And it does seem that AS chased WN off the route temporarily but it looks like they're coming back next month... I guess that may have just been a COVID-suspension by WN.)

Ironically, AS did the same thing with SAN-GEG -- took it from 2 EMJs/day to a single Airbus r/t. Same reasoning as with BOI (whatever that may be?)

In the case of BOI, I thought, perhaps AS is gate-constrained and they decided to reduce the number of flights at BOI by cutting the flights in half from SAN (and perhaps other cities?) Can anyone up there in Idaho confirm my thinking -- or deny it?

It is nice to see BOI getting more well-deserved growth from AAG! It will be interesting to see how long it takes to see ORD and/or AUS upgraded to mainline a/c -- I'm betting it won't be long!

bb

I’m wondering that too they made the lax flight a mainline airbus Also

It could be as simple as AS is currently EMJ constrained. They are starting to cycle some of the frames through BNA for maintenance plus all the new regional adds and EMJs being used where mainline use to be might be pushing utilization. Solution, put a mainline on a double daily EMJ.

Wneast

Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:16 pm

Ishrion wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
What’s next after RDD and IDA? I’d have to think that maybe ACV and FLG could be considered since AS is adding outdoorsy destinations.

SGU would fit that bill also due to its proximity to Zion and Bryce Canyon.

I’ve already booked the new SEA-RDD flight. It was a rather convenient add. I personally have older relatives in the area in which I’ve been wanting to visit.

Is Alaska interested in expanding in Colorado? They only serve DEN/HDN at the moment.

SEA-COS/GJT/DRO/MTJ/EGE?

I wonder if they want to get into a battle with southwest in Colorado especially if southwest is truly making the springs into a mini hub ?

BoeingGuy

Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:21 am

Wneast wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
What’s next after RDD and IDA? I’d have to think that maybe ACV and FLG could be considered since AS is adding outdoorsy destinations.

I’ve already booked the new SEA-RDD flight. It was a rather convenient add. I personally have older relatives in the area in which I’ve been wanting to visit.

Is Alaska interested in expanding in Colorado? They only serve DEN/HDN at the moment.

SEA-COS/GJT/DRO/MTJ/EGE?

I wonder if they want to get into a battle with southwest in Colorado especially if southwest is truly making the springs into a mini hub ?

Remember AS flew SEA-COS for a short time but then dropped it due to “pilot shortages”. I’d have to think there is a good chance it will come back in the current environment.

wedgetail737

Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:23 am

Wneast wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

SEA-COS/GJT/DRO/MTJ/EGE?

AS/QX once flew the SEA-COS route, but pulled it due to a pilot shortage. Then, they never went back.

Tack

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:22 am

Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:
I wonder about the recent upgrade (to mainline) or downgrade (in freq) of the BOI-SAN route -- what was the reason for the change? It's certainly nice to see a 739 flying daily from SAN but it seems to me the daily-double service previously offered (on EMJs) offered more time choices for travelers. Of course ideally we will someday soon see a couple of flights a day including at least one of them on mainline equipment! (And it does seem that AS chased WN off the route temporarily but it looks like they're coming back next month... I guess that may have just been a COVID-suspension by WN.)

Ironically, AS did the same thing with SAN-GEG -- took it from 2 EMJs/day to a single Airbus r/t. Same reasoning as with BOI (whatever that may be?)

In the case of BOI, I thought, perhaps AS is gate-constrained and they decided to reduce the number of flights at BOI by cutting the flights in half from SAN (and perhaps other cities?) Can anyone up there in Idaho confirm my thinking -- or deny it?

It is nice to see BOI getting more well-deserved growth from AAG! It will be interesting to see how long it takes to see ORD and/or AUS upgraded to mainline a/c -- I'm betting it won't be long!

bb

Based on the employee web site, in answer to a question from a QX 175 pilot, AS is messing with mainline block hour efficiency in order to free up 175 time. Specifically they needed to get some 175 time for the BOI-ORD/AUS routes. So I’m guessing that’s why you’re seeing some changes on routes they believe can support the bigger jets Even with a loss of frequency.

Wneast

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:32 am

Tack wrote:
Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:

bb

Based on the employee web site, in answer to a question from a QX 175 pilot, AS is messing with mainline block hour efficiency in order to free up 175 time. Specifically they needed to get some 175 time for the BOI-ORD/AUS routes. So I’m guessing that’s why you’re seeing some changes on routes they believe can support the bigger jets Even with a loss of frequency.

Does anyone know how many more flights they can support in Boise without the concourse a expansion ? Is Boise going to to try to add more jetways for them because the expansion isn’t supposed to be ready tell 2025

SANFan

Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:58 am

SANFan wrote:

bb

AS loaded their schedule extension of May 20 tonight (plus perhaps some other minor updates) and I see that BOI is back to daily-double EMJs. So it appears the upgrade to a single mainline flight was fairly temporary after all. (GEG is remaining, at least as of May 20, as a single mainline flight.)

It appears that the May 20 schedule is pretty optimistic with lots of added frequencies. AS has added frequencies in several SAN-markets inc SMF, AUS, and OGG, plus 3 new routes that are finally starting. Anybody interested might want to take a look at their city's schedules and see what might be new!

Did everybody get their clocks changed? Happy Daylight Savings Time!

bb

stapleton

Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:30 am

The schedule change shows double daily 739 between BZN and SEA in addition to two Q’s

AC4500

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:35 pm

Here's what I noticed for PDX:

Service increases:
- PDX-LAX is all mainline now
- PDX-SAN is at 5x daily, all mainline (pretty sure this one is greater than pre-COVID capacity)
- PDX-BOS resumes 5x weekly
- PDX-EWR resumes 4x weekly
- PDX-BUR/ONT both switch from EMJ to mainline A320
- PDX-ANC increases to 2x daily, with one of the flights being operated with an EMJ.
- PDX-FAT increases to 2x daily.

Service decreases:
- PDX-LAS is at just 2x daily, AS and WN appear to be getting steadily weaker on this market. The ULCCs appear to be winning out here.
- PDX-PHX decreases to 2x daily, likely a regular seasonal decrease.

AC4500

Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:36 pm

PDX-SJD is also continuing in the summer at 1x weekly (Saturdays).

And I guess PDX-LIH is gone for good... :? No longer bookable.

SANFan

Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:19 pm

AC4500 wrote:
PDX-SJD is also continuing in the summer at 1x weekly (Saturdays).

And I guess PDX-LIH is gone for good... :? No longer bookable.

Good to see folks are checking for the May 20 updates. I think there are lots of significant adds and revisions. AND some cuts as well.

LIH is still on the June skeds so it'll be back as soon as the Island (County) of Kauai gets it's COVID approach figured out. I'd think there's plenty of pressure from the tourism businesses there to get things opened up again, and soon!

Since this sked we're talking about has loaded only about 2 months before its effective date, even though there will certainly be tweaks, is a pretty reliable update and it displays a lot of optimism by AAG! I feel it will remain fairly in tact once May 20 rolls around.

I'm almost done with the May 20 turn sked for SAN and there will be a very large number of daily departures, perhaps the largest sked we've ever seen -- prolly somewhere in the mid-50s + or - ! I'm very excited while realizing there are still over 2 months of tweaking to come. Nothing is certain yet...

bb

AC4500

Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:26 pm

SANFan wrote:
LIH is still on the June skeds so it'll be back as soon as the Island (County) of Kauai gets it's COVID approach figured out. I'd think there's plenty of pressure from the tourism businesses there to get things opened up again, and soon!

bb

It looks like SAN-LIH resumes May 20 while PDX-LIH doesn't resume until September 8. I wonder what the reasoning for that decision was....

msp747

Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:39 pm

SANFan wrote:

bb

I'm with you that I'd rather see the frequency. I am sure it will go back to being twice daily E175 once the industry recovers. I do enjoy seeing another AS 739 land at BOI though, especially since all the others come from SEA. I would love for ORD to go to mainline. My wife was excited to see that addition, since she travels to the east coast normally and likes AS, but hates backtracking to SEA to then fly east.

Wneast wrote:
Tack wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Does anyone know how many more flights they can support in Boise without the concourse a expansion ? Is Boise going to to try to add more jetways for them because the expansion isn’t supposed to be ready tell 2025

I think they have enough space to add flights, but maybe not at the peak rush times of morning departures and night arrivals. That is when they are slammed.

Here is an aerial view of the AS gates at BOI: https://tinyurl.com/wjkx5edc

Since this image was taken, they've added one more jetbridge on the left pier (west side), so they have 2 total. I'm not sure how it's changed the layout on that side because I haven't traveled since it went in. The jetbridges are primarily for the 737s, but the E175s use them too, when available. I believe G4 parks on this pier too, but that isn't a daily issue. The right pier (east) is where the Dash-8s park. I can't recall seeing any E175s there, but they probably could fit.

SANFan

Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:00 pm

msp747 wrote:
SANFan wrote:
I wonder about the recent upgrade (to mainline) or downgrade (in freq) of the BOI-SAN route -- what was the reason for the change? It's certainly nice to see a 739 flying daily from SAN but it seems to me the daily-double service previously offered (on EMJs) offered more time choices for travelers.

I'm with you that I'd rather see the frequency. I am sure it will go back to being twice daily E175 once the industry recovers. I do enjoy seeing another AS 739 land at BOI though, especially since all the others come from SEA. I would love for ORD to go to mainline. My wife was excited to see that addition, since she travels to the east coast normally and likes AS, but hates backtracking to SEA to then fly east.

Wneast wrote:
Tack wrote:

I think they have enough space to add flights, but maybe not at the peak rush times of morning departures and night arrivals. That is when they are slammed.

Here is an aerial view of the AS gates at BOI: https://tinyurl.com/wjkx5edc

Since this image was taken, they've added one more jetbridge on the left pier (west side), so they have 2 total. I'm not sure how it's changed the layout on that side because I haven't traveled since it went in. The jetbridges are primarily for the 737s, but the E175s use them too, when available. I believe G4 parks on this pier too, but that isn't a daily issue. The right pier (east) is where the Dash-8s park. I can't recall seeing any E175s there, but they probably could fit.

Thanks for the feedback on BOI guys. That helps me understand some things.

AC4500 wrote:
SANFan wrote:

It looks like SAN-LIH resumes May 20 while PDX-LIH doesn't resume until September 8. I wonder what the reasoning for that decision was....

You're right AC'; I was up 'til 4am this morning looking over skeds & I forgot that SAN-LIH is back on 5/20 (as of now.) I do know that SAN-LIH is a very popular route -- lots of Kauaians have ties in SAN and v.v. -- so if AS has decided to gradually add service to the Island back, I would expect SAN would be high on the list. (Remember, they've always kept a SEA-LIH flight op'ing so the Island hasn't been totally closed.)

Portlanders wanting to head for Kauai can do so easily with a quick shot up to SEA for the nonstop while San Diegans would have to fly all the way to SEA for the connection if there is no nonstop. Bottom line, I would guess that SAN-LIH is a larger market than PDX-LIH. Just my thoughts.

bb

Nicknuzzii

Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:08 pm

Nice to see EWR-SEA getting the bump to 2x a day. It seems like other routes from EWR will pay the price though.

sprxUSA

Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:22 pm

As for BOI, the east pier gets EMJs on east side, DH4 both sides. West pier gets EMJ all spots and 737 at the jetways.

wedgetail737

Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Nice to see EWR-SEA getting the bump to 2x a day. It seems like other routes from EWR will pay the price though.

I wonder if the Alaska's bump to 2X daily SEA-EWR is in response to Jetblue's intention to start SEA-EWR.

SANFan

Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:14 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

I wonder if the Alaska's bump to 2X daily SEA-EWR is in response to Jetblue's intention to start SEA-EWR.

I was going to post the same thought Wedgie'. It makes sense particularly given the general trimming of mainly business routes that is happening this year -- I can't really believe that SEA-EWR is just bulging with customers so far in 2021. I also wonder what UA is doing in the market in response to all this activity by their competitors?

bb

pranav7478

Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:02 pm

is there any news on the sfo tpa nonstop? i dont see any flights after may. i was planning to book it for july...

wedgetail737

Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:12 pm

SANFan wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

I was going to post the same thought Wedgie'. It makes sense particularly given the general trimming of mainly business routes that is happening this year -- I can't really believe that SEA-EWR is just bulging with customers so far in 2021. I also wonder what UA is doing in the market in response to all this activity by their competitors?

bb

I don't remember if AS had 2X daily SEA-EWR prior to the pandemic. I'm just glad to see more and more AS mainline traffic outside the traditional SEA/PDX hubs to places like GEG, BOI, BZN, etc.

BoeingGuy

Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:11 pm

Is it my imagination, or is AS starting to charge much higher fares out of PAE than SEA? I’m exploring some possible trips later in the year, in which the PAE fares are much higher than for the same date and destination out of SEA.

In many cases, Saver Fares aren’t even offered from PAE, while the regular coach fare is still higher also.

When PAE first opened, the fares were the same as from SEA.

What gives? Is PAE doing so well that AS can charge a substantial premium over SEA?

Tack

Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:21 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
Is it my imagination, or is AS starting to charge much higher fares out of PAE than SEA? I’m exploring some possible trips later in the year, in which the PAE fares are much higher than for the same date and destination out of SEA.

In many cases, Saver Fares aren’t even offered from PAE, while the regular coach fare is still higher also.

What gives? Is PAE doing so well that AS can charge a substantial premium over SEA?

That’s interesting. Maybe they’re trying to position PAE as a quasi SNA? The convenience is worth a bit more?

BoeingGuy

Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:29 pm

Tack wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

That’s interesting. Maybe they’re trying to position PAE as a quasi SNA? The convenience is worth a bit more?

I live in Mukilteo so PAE is incredibly convenient. Much better than going to SEA if I don’t have to.

There’s obviously a balance for how much more one is willing to pay for the convenience of a small close in airport.

I thought other posters have said that PAE is doing well for AS, but that might be a little conformation bias too - I want it to do well. I was on UA PAE-DEN past summer and it was only ~30% full on an E175, but that was during the height of the pandemic.

sfojvjets

Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:47 pm

pranav7478 wrote:
is there any news on the sfo tpa nonstop? i dont see any flights after may. i was planning to book it for july...

I'm pretty sure it is winter/spring-seasonal and ends in May, where they can redistribute the capacity onto other leisure destinations since FL is more suited for winter. United operates it year-round, sometimes even double-daily for the holiday season.

Bouncing off of this, AS should try some Florida flying from SJC. MCO, FLL, maybe even TPA? I know WN cut MCO supposedly due to the max groundings but there has been no word about it coming back online yet, despite doing well for the limited time it operated, I think.

Wneast

Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:53 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
pranav7478 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is winter/spring-seasonal and ends in May, where they can redistribute the capacity onto other leisure destinations since FL is more suited for winter. United operates it year-round, sometimes even double-daily for the holiday season.

Bouncing off of this, AS should try some Florida flying from SJC. MCO, FLL, maybe even TPA? I know WN cut MCO supposedly due to the max groundings but there has been no word about it coming back online yet, despite doing well for the limited time it operated, I think.

Knowing the Boise expansion they could try a Florida from there

wedgetail737

Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:09 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
Tack wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

I live in Mukilteo so PAE is incredibly convenient. Much better than going to SEA if I don’t have to.

There’s obviously a balance for how much more one is willing to pay for the convenience of a small close in airport.

I thought other posters have said that PAE is doing well for AS, but that might be a little conformation bias too - I want it to do well. I was on UA PAE-DEN past summer and it was only ~30% full on an E175, but that was during the height of the pandemic.

Hopefully, the fares out of PAE will go down a bit as more flights come online.

Tack

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:17 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
Tack wrote:

I agree. Even fares out of SNA on AS are low. I’ll ask around to some left over friends and try to see how PAE is doing. But that type of info, even for employees and retirees AS hold close to the vest. And after three years being out?, lol pretty sure I’m the second to last person who’d get any info.

MIflyer12

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:49 am

wedgetail737 wrote:

Fares coming down weakens the inducement for new carriers, and for more flights by existing carriers. PAE needs higher fares to support the higher CASM planes. If you don't see enough people willing to pay real $ for convenience, the convenience will go away.

pranav7478

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:42 am

do you think alaska would use their larger fleet (once they get the max 9s) to strengthen their sfo hub again, and maybe grow sjc as well?

wedgetail737

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:44 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Fares coming down weakens the inducement for new carriers, and for more flights by existing carriers. PAE needs higher fares to support the higher CASM planes. If you don't see enough people willing to pay real $ for convenience, the convenience will go away.

Not doubting you at all. I checked fares out of PAE to SAN just as an example...and they are not that more expensive. But also a lot has to due to available seats...since PAE only has 1X (maybe 2X) 175's on any route. It's definitely nice to have the convenience of PAE, and with only a finite number of flights.

ucdtim17

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:48 pm

OAK-Hawaii appears to be gone. A little surprising it lasted this long (on paper) after WN’s big entry into the market.

Wneast

Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:16 pm

ucdtim17 wrote:
OAK-Hawaii appears to be gone. A little surprising it lasted this long (on paper) after WN’s big entry into the market.

Is all OAK- Hawaii flying gone ?

onwFan

Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:53 pm

Wneast wrote:
ucdtim17 wrote:

It appears that way. Makes sense given that they are focusing their Bay area operations around SFO & SJC. I wonder if AS will consider (re)launching SFO-LIH/KOA.

travaz

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:04 pm

I have wanted to travel PHX to PAE. If I take the Non stop from Phoenix and Return it is 1196.00 in Coach. If I go thru SNA (PHX - SNA is an AA flight as is the SNA PHX) It is 196.00 in Coach. Go figure out that pricing!

Wneast

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:16 pm

Where will Alaska put the Hawaii capacity from Oakland ?

32andBelow

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Is the e175 Portland to anchorage replacing the Seattle turn? Or are they flowing more e175s into Alaska this summer?

gmcc

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:31 pm

Wneast wrote:
Where will Alaska put the Hawaii capacity from Oakland ?

The people that know aren't talking and those of us that don't know, like myself, will speculate and probably be spectacularly wrong. Anet founding principle!

ucdtim17

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:38 pm

onwFan wrote:
Wneast wrote:
ucdtim17 wrote:

It appears that way. Makes sense given that they are focusing their Bay area operations around SFO & SJC. I wonder if AS will consider (re)launching SFO-LIH/KOA.

They've never, in the past 10+ years, focused on anything at OAK, so the Hawaii routes were always a little oddball. There was room for them pre-Covid and pre-WN, but not now. It was weird however that they found market space for the Hawaii flights at OAK, but never tried anything else (aside from SEA/PDX).

Wneast

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:39 pm

ucdtim17 wrote:
onwFan wrote:
Wneast wrote:

They've never, in the past 10+ years, focused on anything at OAK, so the Hawaii routes were always a little oddball. There was room for them pre-Covid and pre-WN, but not now. It was weird however that they found market space for the Hawaii flights at OAK, but never tried anything else (aside from SEA/PDX).

I’m guessing that southwest will dump more flights in Oakland with Alaska leaving

SANFan

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:
Finally, I must mention that I hope to see AS enter their last remaining high-volume Intra-CA market from SAN, Oakland! Come on AS, let's complete the Bay Area hat-trick once and for all! You need to provide service on that route for your SAN-based loyalists!

I would wonder if they are going to almost exit Oakland though with them exiting the Hawaiia market from there they will be left with little to no routes

I don't really think AS would pull out of OAK; it's certainly a large enough market from SEA and PDX that AS wouldn't expect those customers to fly to SF or SJ and then surface it to OAK, would they? And I think the same principle applies to SAN, a growing focus city for AS.

Of course AS doesn't serve OAK from LA either but there's more competition on that route. SAN-OAK has only WN flying it, but that's the same situation as SAN-SMF up until early April...

And btw, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see AS resume OAK-Hawaii service to some level, at some point.

bb

Wneast

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:59 pm

SANFan wrote:
Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:
Finally, I must mention that I hope to see AS enter their last remaining high-volume Intra-CA market from SAN, Oakland! Come on AS, let's complete the Bay Area hat-trick once and for all! You need to provide service on that route for your SAN-based loyalists!

I would wonder if they are going to almost exit Oakland though with them exiting the Hawaiia market from there they will be left with little to no routes

I don't really think AS would pull out of OAK; it's certainly a large enough market from SEA and PDX that AS wouldn't expect those customers to fly to SF or SJ and then surface it to OAK, would they? And I think the same principle applies to SAN, a growing focus city for AS.

Of course AS doesn't serve OAK from LA either but there's more competition on that route. SAN-OAK has only WN flying it, but that's the same situation as SAN-SMF up until early April...

And btw, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see AS resume OAK-Hawaii service to some level, at some point.

bb

I see them either increasing frequency at other cities or maybe adding some new cities to Hawaii ?

32andBelow

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:00 pm

SANFan wrote:
Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:

bb
don’t they also use Oakland to offload their San Fran people when it’s fogged in? More than once I’ve seen them make announcements saying their SFO flight is now going to OAK

ucdtim17

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:26 pm

32andBelow wrote:
don’t they also use Oakland to offload their San Fran people when it’s fogged in? More than once I’ve seen them make announcements saying their SFO flight is now going to OAK

That is very routine in winter. I can't imagine they would leave entirely. They'll likely just keep it as a node from SEA/PDX.

AC4500

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:
Wneast wrote:

bb

I see them either increasing frequency at other cities or maybe adding some new cities to Hawaii ?

I seem to remember last year AS temporarily suspended OAK-KOA and increased PDX-KOA as a result. Maybe they'll do something similar to that.

Wneast

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:32 pm

AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:

bb

I seem to remember last year AS temporarily suspended OAK-KOA and increased PDX-KOA as a result. Maybe they'll do something similar to that.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/alaska-cu ... nd-hawaii/ this article seems to hint at where the planes will go

AC4500

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:35 pm

Wneast wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/alaska-cu ... nd-hawaii/ this article seems to hint at where the planes will go

According to that article-- literally every west coast hub EXCEPT for PDX will see an increase? Sigh...
Last edited by AC4500 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbs2886

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:35 pm

Wneast wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Instead of making us click, could you just tell us? Lol.

Here is the info: "Alaska confirmed to TPG that it plans to increase flight frequency and add additional Hawaii service in the coming months from its West Coast hubs, including from Seattle (SEA), Los Angeles (LAX) and San Diego (SAN)."

Wneast

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:38 pm

AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

According to that article-- literally every west coast hub EXCEPT for PDX will see an increase? Sigh...

It’s hard to see Seattle getting increase when they have two three flights daily to each island, I have a feeling we could see something at PDX depending if southwest starts Hawaii flying from there ?

jbs2886

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:02 pm

AC4500 wrote:

The article says SAN, LAX, and SEA. SFO is a hub and not getting any increase either.

Wneast wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

It’s hard to see Seattle getting increase when they have two three flights daily to each island, I have a feeling we could see something at PDX depending if southwest starts Hawaii flying from there ?

2-3 flights isn't a ton of capacity when the aircraft are 738s and sometimes 739s, considering the size of AS in SEA and relative to its competitors. HA is running A332s to HNL and OGG from SEA, while DL recently has put the A332 on HNL-SEA (of course, middle seats blocked) for 1 of the 2 flights. SEA gets a lot of connecting traffic that can likely sustain that capacity

32andBelow

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 pm

They still don’t have their full Schedule of island flights running from anchorage

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos