Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ucdtim17

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 10:34 pm

gmcc wrote:
Then there is this little tidbit on airlinepilotforums
in reply 221 " and the are renewing the 7 leased q400." If true, and there has been no offical confirmation as all SEC filing say they are being returned, I wonder where in the PNW AS will put them. I say in the PNW because while they have used the Qs down to California, I don't think it is their preferred aircraft except for some reason at OAK and sometimes at SMF

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hori ... ad-23.html

They (fortunately) haven't used the Q400 on PDX-OAK since early 2018 I believe. So hopefully it's gone from there for good.

BoeingGuy

Thu May 13, 2021 12:18 am

ucdtim17 wrote:
gmcc wrote:
Then there is this little tidbit on airlinepilotforums
in reply 221 " and the are renewing the 7 leased q400." If true, and there has been no offical confirmation as all SEC filing say they are being returned, I wonder where in the PNW AS will put them. I say in the PNW because while they have used the Qs down to California, I don't think it is their preferred aircraft except for some reason at OAK and sometimes at SMF

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hori ... ad-23.html

They (fortunately) haven't used the Q400 on PDX-OAK since early 2018 I believe. So hopefully it's gone from there for good.

AS was using the Q400 on SEA-SMF in December. I was booked on one, although we canceled the trip.

wedgetail737

Thu May 13, 2021 3:19 am

QX uses the Q400's from PDX to places like RNO, SMF, FAT and STS. I think there is still a SEA-STS flight with the Q400. They also use the Q400's on the RNO-SEA and BOI-SMF routes. The Q400 will also fly on the new SEA-RDD route.

I don't know about now, but the Q400's were the only flights that still served free beer and wine on the longer flights.

USAirKid

Thu May 13, 2021 5:37 am

I've seen air group add extra sections on SEA-California on the Q400 during some peak times. If they need the capacity, they'll take it wherever they have it.

SANFan

Thu May 13, 2021 6:29 am

FYI, according to a trusted poster on the other thread, Belize service is due to start in November and will apparently be 5x weekly from LAX and twice weekly from, you guessed it, SEA. I have no idea how this info seems to be so readily available yet was not included in the PR this morning... In any case, it doesn't seem that AAG was too intent on keeping the details of the announcement secret.

bb

sfojvjets

Thu May 13, 2021 7:52 am

SANFan wrote:
FYI, according to a trusted poster on the other thread, Belize service is due to start in November and will apparently be 5x weekly from LAX and twice weekly from, you guessed it, SEA. I have no idea how this info seems to be so readily available yet was not included in the PR this morning... In any case, it doesn't seem that AAG was too intent on keeping the details of the announcement secret.

bb

It's funny to me how Alaska plans on running LAX-BZE 5x weekly but can only manage LAX-CUN 1x daily. I guess it just highlights their inability to compete.

MIflyer12

Thu May 13, 2021 1:13 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
SANFan wrote:

bb

It's funny to me how Alaska plans on running LAX-BZE 5x weekly but can only manage LAX-CUN 1x daily. I guess it just highlights their inability to compete.

How is that? There isn't a lot of capacity on LAX-CUN, actually: six flights a day across AS, DL, UA and B6. There are more flights to Cabo - and certainly to Hawaii. CUN just isn't a big destination from LAX -- there are better places at comparable travel durations.

You recognize that AS carried more departing LAX passengers than WN 3/2021 YTD, right?

sfojvjets

Thu May 13, 2021 5:12 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
You recognize that AS carried more departing LAX passengers than WN 3/2021 YTD, right?

Sure. Although I don't know if that's a good comparison to make, considering WN's operations at LAX are fairly limited since they focus their strengths on other markets near LAX, like SNA, LAS, SAN, and others. They do not fly internationally from LAX, and not to the other markets you highlighted, HI and SJD, because they have been able to do that kind of flying very well from their own hubs. Of course now they are starting LAX to Hawaii now but that is going to be entirely O&D. My point is that it's not a good idea to compare AS flying to WN flying when WN isn't flying to the places that AS does and the two have very different visions of LAX.

Also as a side note AS doesn't actually seem very invested in CUN from anywhere.
PDX is 3x weekly
SAN 5x weekly seasonal
SEA daily
LAX daily
SFO was cut

Just an observation. Seems rather bare-bones considering that these are all AS hubs/focus cities.
But if they are focusing more on Hawaii that makes sense since it's a much bigger market, despite there being more competition from each hub.

Wneast

Thu May 13, 2021 5:18 pm

Well we should see what type of response if any Alaska does southwest massive Hawaii expansion today

ASFlyer

Thu May 13, 2021 5:25 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Sure. Although I don't know if that's a good comparison to make, considering WN's operations at LAX are fairly limited since they focus their strengths on other markets near LAX, like SNA, LAS, SAN, and others. They do not fly internationally from LAX, and not to the other markets you highlighted, HI and SJD, because they have been able to do that kind of flying very well from their own hubs. Of course now they are starting LAX to Hawaii now but that is going to be entirely O&D. My point is that it's not a good idea to compare AS flying to WN flying when WN isn't flying to the places that AS does and the two have very different visions of LAX.

Also as a side note AS doesn't actually seem very invested in CUN from anywhere.
PDX is 3x weekly
SAN 5x weekly seasonal
SEA daily
LAX daily
SFO was cut

Just an observation. Seems rather bare-bones considering that these are all AS hubs/focus cities.
But if they are focusing more on Hawaii that makes sense since it's a much bigger market, despite there being more competition from each hub.

CUN went from a seasonal once daily SEA-CUN flight to what you show above. Seems like they're investing something in this market. I'm surprised they're doing CUN more than seasonally as it's not traditionally as popular from the west coast as Hawaii is. Nevertheless, by your logic AS isn't invested in PHL, PIT, MKE, OMA, OKC.... AS' strategy is different then that of their competitors - and it seems to work for them as they have been one of the more consistently profitable airlnes over the last 15-20 years and they seem to be weathering the current storm at least as good as, if not better than most of their competitors - except maybe WN.

AC4500

Thu May 13, 2021 5:29 pm

Wneast wrote:
Well we should see what type of response if any Alaska does southwest massive Hawaii expansion today

I really don't see any response from Alaska at all here. WN did not add any PDX-Hawaii flights even though that was heavily rumored. The bulk of WN's Hawaii adds were from LAS/PHX, which AS doesn't really have the need to operate any Hawaii flights from. Maybe they would respond against the additional SAN flights, but AS already has a pretty robust Hawaii flight network from SAN. The only other area of any possible response from AS would be on LAX-Hawaii. If anything, we'd see an additional flight or two at best from LAX and/or SAN but probably nothing more than that, IMO.

AC4500

Thu May 13, 2021 5:33 pm

jplatts wrote:
There was a discussion (with no responses) regarding the possibility of AS adding new domestic destinations (apart from already-announced IDA and RDD) in 2021 in the Travel Polls & Preferences section that can be found at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1460263.

I think TUL and CLE are pretty large holes AS's route network.

F9 is no longer flying SEA-CLE, which leaves the route wide-open for AS. I believe they would have added this route a long time ago had F9 not been flying it at the time.

In 2019. I seem to remember reading an article detailing that the Tulsa Airport earned a federal grant as a revenue guarantee for AS to operate SEA-TUL. I wonder if that will ever come to fruition.

ASFlyer

Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 pm

Wneast wrote:

be interested in seeing if/what Alaska does to/from Hawaii to respond. I wouldn't expect anything from PHX/LAS, but possibly something small from SJC, SAN and/or LAX. They already have a fairly robust schedule to/from SAN and SJC. I'm more interested in what HA does to respond to this. They already have a much better product than WN (and AS too, frankly) but their schedules won't be nearly competitive as they currently are.

32andBelow

Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 pm

Has Alaska even put all their ANC-Hawaii flights back?

AC4500

Thu May 13, 2021 5:41 pm

32andBelow wrote:

ANC-HNL is currently at 4x weekly, ANC-OGG is currently at 3x weekly.

ASFlyer

Thu May 13, 2021 5:43 pm

AC4500 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
There was a discussion (with no responses) regarding the possibility of AS adding new domestic destinations (apart from already-announced IDA and RDD) in 2021 in the Travel Polls & Preferences section that can be found at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1460263.

F9 is no longer flying SEA-CLE, which leaves the route wide-open for AS. I believe they would have added this route a long time ago had F9 not been flying it at the time.

In 2019. I seem to remember reading an article detailing that the Tulsa Airport earned a federal grant as a revenue guarantee for AS to operate SEA-TUL. I wonder if that will ever come to fruition.

CLE on F9 was always a 3 or 4x weekly all nighter if I remember correctly. AS could have moved in with a better schedule and taken this market some time ago if they had wanted to. I think CLE is just a fairly weak market. That said, I think AS will end up flying to CLE at some point. TUL is just a matter of when. I would also expect something in the Dakotas - FAR, RAP, FSD, MOT. Down the line maybe we'll see BDL, JAX, ORF, SDF, MEM. There just aren't that many markets that would support nonstops to the west coast that don't already have them.

32andBelow

Thu May 13, 2021 5:51 pm

AC4500 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

ANC-HNL is currently at 4x weekly, ANC-OGG is currently at 3x weekly.

So no?

jplatts

Thu May 13, 2021 6:22 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

CLE on F9 was always a 3 or 4x weekly all nighter if I remember correctly. AS could have moved in with a better schedule and taken this market some time ago if they had wanted to. I think CLE is just a fairly weak market. That said, I think AS will end up flying to CLE at some point. TUL is just a matter of when.

There was a discussion regarding the possibility of AS adding service to CLE in the Cleveland Aviation thread at viewtopic.php?t=1455975#p22772349 with CLE no longer having any nonstop service to SEA.

I had also mentioned that over 63% of the passengers traveling between CLE and SEA in Q3 2019 were connecting on airlines other than F9, even with less-than-daily seasonal CLE-SEA nonstop service on F9.

I agree that AS adding SEA-TUL nonstop service is likely a matter of when since SEA-TUL can be served nonstop on 76-seat E-175 regional jets. AS has also operated E-175 regional jets on a few nonstop routes longer than SEA-TUL such as SEA-DAL/MKE and PDX-DAL. AS also has the AA FF base in the TUL market in addition to the AS FF base in the Pacific Northwest to support SEA-TUL nonstop service on AS.

32andBelow

Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 pm

jplatts wrote:
ASFlyer wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

CLE on F9 was always a 3 or 4x weekly all nighter if I remember correctly. AS could have moved in with a better schedule and taken this market some time ago if they had wanted to. I think CLE is just a fairly weak market. That said, I think AS will end up flying to CLE at some point. TUL is just a matter of when.

There was a discussion regarding the possibility of AS adding service to CLE in the Cleveland Aviation thread at viewtopic.php?t=1455975#p22772349 with CLE no longer having any nonstop service to SEA.

I had also mentioned that over 63% of the passengers traveling between CLE and SEA in Q3 2019 were connecting on airlines other than F9, even with less-than-daily seasonal CLE-SEA nonstop service on F9.

I agree that AS adding SEA-TUL nonstop service is likely a matter of when since SEA-TUL can be served nonstop on 76-seat E-175 regional jets. AS has also operated E-175 regional jets on a few nonstop routes longer than SEA-TUL such as SEA-DAL/MKE and PDX-DAL. AS also has the AA FF base in the TUL market in addition to the AS FF base in the Pacific Northwest to support SEA-TUL nonstop service on AS.

They used the e75 on sea okc so it makes total sense

wedgetail737

Fri May 14, 2021 3:04 am

Alaska has been flying those two short routes for years. They used 737-200's and even 727-200's on those routes.

BoeingGuy

Fri May 14, 2021 3:13 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
Alaska has been flying those two short routes for years. They used 737-200's and even 727-200's on those routes.

That’s outrageous. It’s like going for an afternoon bike ride distance.

QX also flew PUW-LWS with the Q400. That’s 23nm or 26 statute miles.

jbs2886

Fri May 14, 2021 5:02 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Is it? They’re separated by water. Well, JNU-GST does have a land connection it’s just very far.

wedgetail737

Fri May 14, 2021 5:16 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I think Alaska's GST service was only during the peak Spring and Summer service. I remember one 727-200 flight ran the GST-JNU-KTN-SEA-OAK route.

BoeingGuy

Fri May 14, 2021 5:26 am

jbs2886 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Is it? They’re separated by water. Well, JNU-GST does have a land connection it’s just very far.

I’m well aware of the geography of the area. I was making a joking reference about the extremely short distances for a jet flight. I assumed everyone would get it. I guess not.

wedgetail737

Fri May 14, 2021 5:41 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

I’m well aware of the geography of the area. I was making a joking reference about the extremely short distances for a jet flight. I assumed everyone would get it. I guess not.

Outside of Alaska, there used to be revenue jet service between OAK and SFO on both UA and CO at one time.

But those short Alaska milkruns gotta be pretty fun to fly.

BoeingGuy

Fri May 14, 2021 5:46 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:

Outside of Alaska, there used to be revenue jet service between OAK and SFO on both UA and CO at one time.

A number of airlines have done SFO-OAK, SFO-SJC, and SJC-OAK tag-ons in the past. Those are similar or less distance. But yes, I’ve been to JNU but still need to try those other AS milk-run destinations.

32andBelow

Fri May 14, 2021 5:48 am

QX flies AKN DLG which is 58 miles

ikolkyo

Sun May 16, 2021 2:17 am

Looks like N915AK and N918AK (MAX 9s) have had their repairs as they both returned to Seattle today and are scheduled to operate flights tomorrow.

wedgetail737

Sun May 16, 2021 3:33 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

A number of airlines have done SFO-OAK, SFO-SJC, and SJC-OAK tag-ons in the past. Those are similar or less distance. But yes, I’ve been to JNU but still need to try those other AS milk-run destinations.

An AS milkrun flight is on my bucket list. I checked one off when I finally got to fly a 734C between ANC and SEA in the middle of the night.

Western727

Mon May 17, 2021 11:52 am

sfojvjets wrote:
PDX is 3x weekly
SAN 5x weekly seasonal
SEA daily
LAX daily
SFO was cut

I grew up in the west coast (WA and CA) where CUN was and still is, among my family and friends there, not nearly as often mentioned as a vacation destination. On top of beautiful Hawaii, there are closer beach alternatives in Mexico (Cabo, PVR, Acapulco, etc.), all with hills or mountains to look at. CUN and CZM are flat, something that probably doesn't appeal to everyone in the mountainous western US. I went to CZM once for a destination wedding, and while I had a great time, I was reminded of why I prefer Mexican beach destinations like PVR. That, in addition to shorter flight times, might be a reason why the flight offerings from the US west coast are greater to western Mexico than to the Yucatan.

AC4500

Mon May 17, 2021 4:34 pm

The interim schedule has been updated through August 16th and it appears to be completely identical to the July schedule.

sprxUSA

Mon May 17, 2021 4:41 pm

The one time I did SE AK trip, flight dep WRG 1100, arr PSG 1111 on 737-200C. Very fun trip. Also have done LWS-PUW, on DH8 not as exciting LOL.

seahawks7757

Tue May 18, 2021 3:10 am

ikolkyo wrote:
Looks like N915AK and N918AK (MAX 9s) have had their repairs as they both returned to Seattle today and are scheduled to operate flights tomorrow.

Reentered service on Sunday, N919AK returned to Seattle on Sunday from OKC and reentered service today and the fourth one, N913AK returned from OKC today. Here was N919AK returning from OKC yesterday-

ImageN919AK Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-9 MAX by Brandon Farris

F9Animal

Tue May 18, 2021 6:51 pm

seahawks7757 wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:

Reentered service on Sunday, N919AK returned to Seattle on Sunday from OKC and reentered service today and the fourth one, N913AK returned from OKC today. Here was N919AK returning from OKC yesterday-

Finally!! I was just getting used to the MAX too! Flown Alaska's MAX like 10 times now.

AC4500

Tue May 18, 2021 7:01 pm

Glad to see the MAX-9s back online. I flew them twice on PDX-LAX before they were taken out of service.

hiflyeras

Tue May 18, 2021 7:05 pm

Beautiful photos, Brandon!! Thanks!!

oosnowrat

Tue May 18, 2021 11:47 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:

They are if you have a window seat on a clear day!

seahawks7757

Wed May 19, 2021 3:02 am

hiflyeras wrote:
Beautiful photos, Brandon!! Thanks!!

Thank you!!!

Wneast

Thu May 20, 2021 11:47 pm

https://beatofhawaii.com/boeing-737-max ... to-hawaii/ looks like starting in July Alaska will start flying their max to Hawaii

gmcc

Fri May 21, 2021 1:43 am

Wneast wrote:
https://beatofhawaii.com/boeing-737-max-8-flights-to-hawaii/ looks like starting in July Alaska will start flying their max to Hawaii

I am surprised AS is bringing they to Hawaii that soon given that AS MAXs haven't gotten cleared for the lightweight 2Ku dome yet and it wasn't meant to be done till fall. Maybe this is a signal the approval of the new radar dome will be done sooner.

Wneast

Fri May 21, 2021 1:45 am

gmcc wrote:
Wneast wrote:
https://beatofhawaii.com/boeing-737-max-8-flights-to-hawaii/ looks like starting in July Alaska will start flying their max to Hawaii

I am surprised AS is bringing they to Hawaii that soon given that AS MAXs haven't gotten cleared for the lightweight 2Ku dome yet and it wasn't meant to be done till fall. Maybe this is a signal the approval of the new radar dome will be done sooner.

I thought the same thing why would they bring the max to Hawaii without the new radar dome

msp747

Sat May 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Wneast wrote:
gmcc wrote:
Wneast wrote:

I thought the same thing why would they bring the max to Hawaii without the new radar dome

There may be no internet until the fall, but inflight movies are available now. For leisure travelers with kids, I think that's the important thing.

Airnerd

Sat May 22, 2021 4:21 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
QX uses the Q400's from PDX to places like RNO, SMF, FAT and STS. I think there is still a SEA-STS flight with the Q400. They also use the Q400's on the RNO-SEA and BOI-SMF routes. The Q400 will also fly on the new SEA-RDD route.

I don't know about now, but the Q400's were the only flights that still served free beer and wine on the longer flights.

I'm curious about Q's role in the network going forward. Not long ago, they were the primary AC on the PDX-SEA shuttle with flights scheduled pretty much every 30 minutes all day long. That seems to have changed and the last few times I've flown the route it's been on 738s or 9s. Should we expect to see this route go back to more frequent Q flights, or is the shift to larger AC going to stay?

msp747

Sat May 22, 2021 4:31 pm

Airnerd wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I'm curious about Q's role in the network going forward. Not long ago, they were the primary AC on the PDX-SEA shuttle with flights scheduled pretty much every 30 minutes all day long. That seems to have changed and the last few times I've flown the route it's been on 738s or 9s. Should we expect to see this route go back to more frequent Q flights, or is the shift to larger AC going to stay?

I am curious about the future of the Q400 as well. First they announced plans to significantly reduce their fleet, but then later they slowed retirements and brought some of the planes back. I know part of that had to do with MAX issues, but I feel like the increased focus on the Pacific Northwest also impacted the decision. With the recent order for more E175s, does anyone know if AS has made a decision on what to do with the Q medium/long-term?

gmcc

Sat May 22, 2021 5:12 pm

msp747 wrote:
Airnerd wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I am curious about the future of the Q400 as well. First they announced plans to significantly reduce their fleet, but then later they slowed retirements and brought some of the planes back. I know part of that had to do with MAX issues, but I feel like the increased focus on the Pacific Northwest also impacted the decision. With the recent order for more E175s, does anyone know if AS has made a decision on what to do with the Q medium/long-term?

Take this with a large grain of salt as it comes from the airlinepilotforums.com , but it was reported that the 7 leased frames due to expire in 22/23 have been renewed. I haven't seen any official announcements in the investor section of the company website. However, there was a picture of N404QX, a leased bird with a new interior which would indicator that the Qs will be around for sometime.

SANFan

Sat May 22, 2021 6:44 pm

gmcc wrote:
msp747 wrote:
Airnerd wrote:

Take this with a large grain of salt as it comes from the airlinepilotforums.com , but it was reported that the 7 leased frames due to expire in 22/23 have been renewed. I haven't seen any official announcements in the investor section of the company website. However, there was a picture of N404QX, a leased bird with a new interior which would indicator that the Qs will be around for sometime.

I'm wondering if the Qs might work their ways back to SoCal, SAN specifically? (I think they're gone from LAX too but I'm not 100% sure about that.) They left here when the MMH flights were dropped a couple of years ago and I would love to see them back.

With AS now flying some short, perhaps thin routes from SAN such as SBA, SBP, FAT, with perhaps more to come (**cough cough CLD, LAX, PSP, BFL, LTO? cough**) I just wonder if we might see the Qs return? If it's true that AAG seems to be keeping the fleet numbers fairly constant, even growing, then maybe it'll happen!?

Related question: I wonder if the SDSU livery us still alive and well in the Q fleet? If so, shouldn't we have the possibility of seeing her in her hometown once in a while? Anyone know if there are any other University liveries in the fleet representing communities that no longer see Q service?

bb

gmcc

Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 pm

SANFan wrote:
gmcc wrote:
msp747 wrote:

I'm wondering if the Qs might work their ways back to SoCal, SAN specifically? (I think they're gone from LAX too but I'm not 100% sure about that.) They left here when the MMH flights were dropped a couple of years ago and I would love to see them back.

With AS now flying some short, perhaps thin routes from SAN such as SBA, SBP, FAT, with perhaps more to come (**cough cough CLD, LAX, PSP, BFL, LTO? cough**) I just wonder if we might see the Qs return? If it's true that AAG seems to be keeping the fleet numbers fairly constant, even growing, then maybe it'll happen!?

Related question: I wonder if the SDSU livery us still alive and well in the Q fleet? If so, shouldn't we have the possibility of seeing her in her hometown once in a while? Anyone know if there are any other University liveries in the fleet representing communities that no longer see Q service?

bb

Don't think the Qs will be back in so cal, but I could be wrong. QX doesn't typically like to send the Qs too far from a maintainence base or in the case of the Nor cal flights at least oding from a maintainence base. Any Q in So Cal that broke would need to ferry up to the PNW QX bases for big problems. That killed Q in Alaska and would probably do the same in So Cal. The SDSU Q, N414QX was retired in 2018 according to the weebly site.

wedgetail737

Sat May 22, 2021 9:15 pm

gmcc wrote:
SANFan wrote:
gmcc wrote:

bb

Don't think the Qs will be back in so cal, but I could be wrong. QX doesn't typically like to send the Qs too far from a maintainence base or in the case of the Nor cal flights at least oding from a maintainence base. Any Q in So Cal that broke would need to ferry up to the PNW QX bases for big problems. That killed Q in Alaska and would probably do the same in So Cal. The SDSU Q, N414QX was retired in 2018 according to the weebly site.

The farthest south Q's fly nowadays is FAT, with the PDX-FAT route. They also still fly them south to SMF, STS and RNO. They will soon be flying the Q's on the SEA-RDD route...next month, I think.

gunsontheroof

Sun May 23, 2021 1:10 am

msp747 wrote:
Airnerd wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I have no inside information, but it looks like they're being relegated to intra-PNW routes and are probably in the process of being phased out. I don't think we'd be seeing mainline metal on PDX-SEA several times a day if that wasn't the game plan. I'd also speculate that their absence from PAE (say, PAE-BOI/GEG) suggests that their days are numbered. Quite a shame--they're a fun ride on a short hop.

wedgetail737

Sun May 23, 2021 2:12 am

gunsontheroof wrote:
msp747 wrote:
Airnerd wrote:

I have no inside information, but it looks like they're being relegated to intra-PNW routes and are probably in the process of being phased out. I don't think we'd be seeing mainline metal on PDX-SEA several times a day if that wasn't the game plan. I'd also speculate that their absence from PAE (say, PAE-BOI/GEG) suggests that their days are numbered. Quite a shame--they're a fun ride on a short hop.

Outside of them getting a little old these days, I think they'll stick around longer than you think. But they are a fun ride. I had thought what QX would replace the Q400's. More E175's? Maybe ATR's?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos