Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
jgcotter
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:36 pm

Alaska B738 N532AS is en route from SEA to VCV for repainting.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N532AS
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:26 pm

Alaska B738 N520AS is en route from VCV to SEA following repainting.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N520AS
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:05 pm

for 738:

in the old livery
N546AS
Image

in old lei
N532AS
(IN VCV CURRENTLY FOR REPAINT)
N538AS
Image

N559AS (Salmon Thirty Salmon II)
Image
N560AS (/Spirit of the Islands)
Image

for 739 NON-ER

N318AS (Spirit of Disneyland II)
Image

for Q400

N400QX (University of Idaho​)
Image
N402QX (University of Montana)
Image
N401QX (Washington State University)
Image
N403QX (Montana State University)
Image
N437QX (Boise State University)
Image
N440QX (Oregon State University)
Image
Last edited by Cardude2 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Cardude2 wrote:
for 738:

in the old livery
N546AS
Image

in old lei
N532AS
(IN VCV CURRENTLY FOR REPAINT)
N538AS
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10316292

N559AS (Salmon Thirty Salmon II)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10278317
N560AS (/Spirit of the Islands)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10271217

for 739 NON-ER

N318AS (Spirit of Disneyland II)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10303713

for Q400

N400QX (University of Idaho​)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10303699
N402QX (University of Montana)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10112197
N401QX (Washington State University)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10277936
N403QX (Montana State University)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10116319
N437QX (Boise State University)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10279608
N440QX (Oregon State University)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10265604

If only there was another photo website of airliners. One that can even link easily on this forum. Hmmmm can't put my name on it............
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:39 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
for 738:

in the old livery
N546AS
Image

in old lei
N532AS
(IN VCV CURRENTLY FOR REPAINT)
N538AS
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10316292

N559AS (Salmon Thirty Salmon II)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10278317
N560AS (/Spirit of the Islands)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10271217

for 739 NON-ER

N318AS (Spirit of Disneyland II)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10303713

for Q400

N400QX (University of Idaho​)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10303699
N402QX (University of Montana)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10112197
N401QX (Washington State University)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10277936
N403QX (Montana State University)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10116319
N437QX (Boise State University)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10279608
N440QX (Oregon State University)
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10265604

If only there was another photo website of airliners. One that can even link easily on this forum. Hmmmm can't put my name on it............

hmm if only that website wasn't so ancient and it could search just by reg numbers like the police do to your car.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 3502
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:06 am

Cardude2 wrote:
hmm if only that website wasn't so ancient and it could search just by reg numbers like the police do to your car.


It violates forum rules to post links to photos on competing sites except in limited circumstances. So if you don’t want your post deleted and/or account warning/suspension, I’d figure out how to use photos here.
 
Wingtips56
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:07 am

There actually is another thread dedicated to the Alaska repaints that might be a better place for the above photo essay.
 
Wingtips56
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:12 am

Does anyone have any insight as to when AS may rebuild their PDX-MFR schedule? I've been impacted by three AS schedule changes in the last four weeks with my trip home from Egypt/Qatar. They moved the LAX-MFR non-stop up 3 hours, blowing my connection from QR. (OK, the LAX-MFR service will be another question later.) So rebooked to a connection forced over SEA because nothing works over PDX. Now another sked change blew that booking, eliminating the LAX-SEA flight I was on, and booking me on an earlier flight...which also doesn't allow for a reasonable Customs/Bradley Terminal to T6, so now I'm booked on a later connection with a longer connecting time and not arriving MFR until midnight....36 total hours from T/O at CAI to landing at MFR. ugh..... Still nothing possible over PDX.
Any insights as to more tinkering with the schedule between now and February? I keep having to glue myself to the internet every Sunday at 01:00 to see what's happened this time and get on the horn to AA (AAdvantage award booking) to get protected before the masses wake up and catch on.
At least the last SEA-MFR trip is being upgraded to the 2-cabin E-175 from the Q400 by February, so we're back in F for the final leg and can use the Alaska Lounge on the layover.
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6671
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:39 am

Wingtips56 wrote:
Does anyone have any insight as to when AS may rebuild their PDX-MFR schedule? I've been impacted by three AS schedule changes in the last four weeks with my trip home from Egypt/Qatar. They moved the LAX-MFR non-stop up 3 hours, blowing my connection from QR. (OK, the LAX-MFR service will be another question later.) So rebooked to a connection forced over SEA because nothing works over PDX. Now another sked change blew that booking, eliminating the LAX-SEA flight I was on, and booking me on an earlier flight...which also doesn't allow for a reasonable Customs/Bradley Terminal to T6, so now I'm booked on a later connection with a longer connecting time and not arriving MFR until midnight....36 total hours from T/O at CAI to landing at MFR. ugh..... Still nothing possible over PDX.
Any insights as to more tinkering with the schedule between now and February? I keep having to glue myself to the internet every Sunday at 01:00 to see what's happened this time and get on the horn to AA (AAdvantage award booking) to get protected before the masses wake up and catch on.
At least the last SEA-MFR trip is being upgraded to the 2-cabin E-175 from the Q400 by February, so we're back in F for the final leg and can use the Alaska Lounge on the layover.


I feel for you. I’ve had similar issues with post-Christmas plans.

I understand it’s a very volatile time right now, but I also feel at times that AS is filling in place holders that they know they have no intention of actually operating. That screws up their customers who get rental car and hotel reservations. Then AS comes back and says, “Sorry, just kidding. We never really planned to operate that flight/route.”

I’ve had the same fiascos with post-Christmas travel out of PAE. I book PAE-SAN. It’s 2x. Then changes to 1x. No biggie - I actually preferred the schedule change. Then they cancel PAE-SAN outright.

But get this - they later reinstate the SAN-PAE flight on the original day of my return 1/4 that they had just canceled me out of.

Then I book PAE-TUS. That’s just been loaded. Within a week the outbound flight changes 4 hours later, then changes back to close to its original time. No biggie. I prefer the 1st and 3rd iteration over the 2nd iteration, but could live with either.

Of course a week after I book it, AS changes TUS-PAE to 4x a week so my return flight is canceled. This isn’t long after they loaded the route in the first place on a daily schedule. So they put me on a 4:50 hour connection in PDX for TUS-PDX-PAE. In fact I think 1/4 is the first day PDX-PAE resumes.

Anyone want to place bets whether the PDX-PAE flight will again be cancelled between now and 1/4? Or PAE-TUS for that matter.

The good thing I’ll say is that AS’s reservation agents are helpful. I know if I call and ask politely to be switched to TUS-SEA or a day that TUS-PAE operates, they’ll likely do it.

So question: when AS loaded PAE-TUS recently did they ever really intend to run it daily? The route hasn’t even started yet and they already cut it back to 4x.

I realize that AS’s schedule planners are probably overworked and stressed too, but this constant late in the game merry-go-round of changes, cancellations, reinstatements, etc is getting very difficult to deal with for most of us travelers who also need to make rental car, hotel, and work arrangements for travel. Changing a rental car reservation late in the game for peak travel can be difficult and expensive with the volatility of that industry too.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:07 am

Wingtips56 wrote:
There actually is another thread dedicated to the Alaska repaints that might be a better place for the above photo essay.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1456033&start=50
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:48 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
hmm if only that website wasn't so ancient and it could search just by reg numbers like the police do to your car.


It violates forum rules to post links to photos on competing sites except in limited circumstances. So if you don’t want your post deleted and/or account warning/suspension, I’d figure out how to use photos here.


well I cant no longer edit or delete the post so oh well.
 
Chugach
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:18 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:46 pm

AS announces ANC-SLC, weekends only starting June 18, presumably seasonal.
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6671
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:11 pm

Chugach wrote:
AS announces ANC-SLC, weekends only starting June 18, presumably seasonal.


Didn’t seem that one coming. AS is adding both SLC and MSP to ANC. Hmmmmm, I don’t notice any common thread here.

I would more have expected SAN or even BOI to ANC for a weekend only seasonal add.
 
Wneast
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:40 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
Chugach wrote:
AS announces ANC-SLC, weekends only starting June 18, presumably seasonal.


Didn’t seem that one coming. AS is adding both SLC and MSP to ANC. Hmmmmm, I don’t notice any common thread here.

I would more have expected SAN or even BOI to ANC for a weekend only seasonal add.

I sure hope those two are next
 
joeblow10
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Chugach wrote:
AS announces ANC-SLC, weekends only starting June 18, presumably seasonal.


Well MSP and DEN did well enough to come back, at daily, so I imagine they think they’re making inroads in these type of markets
 
N755US
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:29 pm

I noticed that at least three of the white-tail 737-9 MAX aircraft that AS is leasing have come back from paint recently showing the emergency exits behind the wings activated, and judging by the unplugged windows on the rear left side, it does not appear that a 3rd Lav is installed in the back either, unlike the rest of the 737-9 MAX aircraft, which have those exits deactivated and the windows plugged for the extra lav. I thought I had read in a press release where AS had indicated that the leased white tails would be reconfigured to match the rest of the MAX fleet. Maybe the reconfigurations will happen prior to delivery, but it seems like the exit doors and windows would have been plugged during rework prior to repainting in the AS livery. Interesting that there could be two sub-fleets of the AS MAX 9s going forward.
 
32andBelow
Posts: 5737
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37 pm

N755US wrote:
I noticed that at least three of the white-tail 737-9 MAX aircraft that AS is leasing have come back from paint recently showing the emergency exits behind the wings activated, and judging by the unplugged windows on the rear left side, it does not appear that a 3rd Lav is installed in the back either, unlike the rest of the 737-9 MAX aircraft, which have those exits deactivated and the windows plugged for the extra lav. I thought I had read in a press release where AS had indicated that the leased white tails would be reconfigured to match the rest of the MAX fleet. Maybe the reconfigurations will happen prior to delivery, but it seems like the exit doors and windows would have been plugged during rework prior to repainting in the AS livery. Interesting that there could be two sub-fleets of the AS MAX 9s going forward.

I know they are going in to AS MX for conformity. There was one flown up to ANC to do even
 
User avatar
SANFan
Posts: 5760
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:21 pm

Yeah, this SLC-ANC announcement has me scratching my head. (Well, other than the obvious "thorn-in-the-DL-hide" rationalization. AS seems to be interested in grabbing whatever O&D traffic they can from these smaller ANC-markets.)

I also wonder, due to the timing, if AS's SLC-ANC could be a retaliation against DL for the announcement last week of SAN-BOS to begin next summer?

I (shockingly) agree with those suggesting ANC-SAN might be nice to see at some point... connecting their SoCal focus city with its only remaining (un-served) AS hub. (I don't include LAX as an unconnected hub from SAN but I guess I should.

bb
 
Wneast
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 pm

SANFan wrote:
Yeah, this SLC-ANC announcement has me scratching my head. (Well, other than the obvious "thorn-in-the-DL-hide" rationalization. AS seems to be interested in grabbing whatever O&D traffic they can from these smaller ANC-markets.)

I also wonder, due to the timing, if AS's SLC-ANC could be a retaliation against DL for the announcement last week of SAN-BOS to begin next summer?

I (shockingly) agree with those suggesting ANC-SAN might be nice to see at some point... connecting their SoCal focus city with its only remaining (un-served) AS hub. (I don't include LAX as an unconnected hub from SAN but I guess I should.

bb

BOI or GEG or both would be interesting to throw in there if they are trying all these different markets
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:51 pm

Wneast wrote:
BOI or GEG or both would be interesting to throw in there if they are trying all these different markets


Nah. They're already connecting BOI/GEG-SEA-ANC, anyway.
 
Wneast
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:56 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
BOI or GEG or both would be interesting to throw in there if they are trying all these different markets


Nah. They're already connecting BOI/GEG-SEA-ANC, anyway.

I mean they tried GEG already awhile ago
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:00 pm

what about SFO to ANC, their SFO presence should not be underestimated compared to San Jose and Oakland. Also Alaska is about to get heavy competition by northern pacific and one of the startup routes is Oakland so the best course of action is to fly out of the biggest and best served of them all (with the bonus of a lounge).
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6671
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:04 pm

Cardude2 wrote:
what about SFO to ANC, their SFO presence should not be underestimated compared to San Jose and Oakland. Also Alaska is about to get heavy competition by northern pacific and one of the startup routes is Oakland so the best course of action is to fly out of the biggest and best served of them all (with the bonus of a lounge).


AS already flies SFO-ANC seasonally.

Not sure if SJC-ANC might work seasonally, maybe 2/week.
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Cardude2 wrote:
what about SFO to ANC, their SFO presence should not be underestimated compared to San Jose and Oakland. Also Alaska is about to get heavy competition by northern pacific and one of the startup routes is Oakland so the best course of action is to fly out of the biggest and best served of them all (with the bonus of a lounge).

I wouldn't call it "heavy" competition.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:28 pm

People thought the same way when AS announced MSP-ANC, but I guess it worked out because they are returning to the route. Maybe they're trying the same idea on SLC. Maybe they'll try DTW next...LOL!
 
32andBelow
Posts: 5737
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:58 pm

I love the thought process of flying to the top 10 destinations from Alaska. When many of them are just mega hubs for other airlines to connect. I’d like to see more non stops to ORD or DFW so Alaskans can single connect onto AA going to east easier.
 
User avatar
psa1011
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:41 am

SANFan wrote:
Yeah, this SLC-ANC announcement has me scratching my head. (Well, other than the obvious "thorn-in-the-DL-hide" rationalization. AS seems to be interested in grabbing whatever O&D traffic they can from these smaller ANC-markets.)

I also wonder, due to the timing, if AS's SLC-ANC could be a retaliation against DL for the announcement last week of SAN-BOS to begin next summer?

I (shockingly) agree with those suggesting ANC-SAN might be nice to see at some point... connecting their SoCal focus city with its only remaining (un-served) AS hub. (I don't include LAX as an unconnected hub from SAN but I guess I should.

I'm curious about which is more likely : SAN-OAK or SAN-ANC;)

bb
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:06 am

psa1011 wrote:
SANFan wrote:
Yeah, this SLC-ANC announcement has me scratching my head. (Well, other than the obvious "thorn-in-the-DL-hide" rationalization. AS seems to be interested in grabbing whatever O&D traffic they can from these smaller ANC-markets.)

I also wonder, due to the timing, if AS's SLC-ANC could be a retaliation against DL for the announcement last week of SAN-BOS to begin next summer?

I (shockingly) agree with those suggesting ANC-SAN might be nice to see at some point... connecting their SoCal focus city with its only remaining (un-served) AS hub. (I don't include LAX as an unconnected hub from SAN but I guess I should.

I'm curious about which is more likely : SAN-OAK or SAN-ANC;)

bb


I doubt AS will do anything more with OAK. They got rid of OAK-HI which was a huge blow...but OAK still has HA and WN.
 
User avatar
SANFan
Posts: 5760
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:22 am

psa1011 wrote:
SANFan wrote:
Yeah, this SLC-ANC announcement has me scratching my head. (Well, other than the obvious "thorn-in-the-DL-hide" rationalization. AS seems to be interested in grabbing whatever O&D traffic they can from these smaller ANC-markets.)

I also wonder, due to the timing, if AS's SLC-ANC could be a retaliation against DL for the announcement last week of SAN-BOS to begin next summer?

I (shockingly) agree with those suggesting ANC-SAN might be nice to see at some point... connecting their SoCal focus city with its only remaining (un-served) AS hub. (I don't include LAX as an unconnected hub from SAN but I guess I should.)

bb

I'm curious about which is more likely: SAN-OAK or SAN-ANC;)

Good question, psa'. Hopefully both eventually. (And of course I'd throw in SAN-LAX as well!)

bb
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:38 am

AS SFO-MSY returns in February it looks like. A nice surprise.,
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6671
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:42 am

SunsetLimited wrote:
AS SFO-MSY returns in February it looks like. A nice surprise.,


That was the original route of your namesake too. :).
 
sfojvjets
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:00 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:42 am

SunsetLimited wrote:
AS SFO-MSY returns in February it looks like. A nice surprise.,

I don't know if I'd call it a return. I saw this a couple days ago, looks like it's just a Mardi Gras addition... runs through Feb & March but that's it. Interesting nonetheless, but I wonder why AS keeps shying away from competition on various trunk routes and instead decides to go for these very niche, bottom-feeding adds (like the recently announced Mexico mini-expansion, for example).

I'd love to see a bigger network out of SFO too, in general. Regional adds are nice, and so are the more niche intl leisure adds we've seen announced, but domestic is really where they need to be on their game. This is what I have so far, just off the top of my head.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=sfo-fca%2F ... =wls&DU=mi
 
User avatar
b777900
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:40 pm

I just noticed all transcon flights are all on 737 800 EWR-LAX and BOS-LAX IS that correct ? what happened to A321neo's or even 737900er?
 
32andBelow
Posts: 5737
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:41 pm

b777900 wrote:
I just noticed all transcon flights are all on 737 800 EWR-LAX and BOS-LAX IS that correct ? what happened to A321neo's or even 737900er?

Alaska is very good at moving their subfleets around to where they need more seats
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:16 pm

sfojvjets wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
AS SFO-MSY returns in February it looks like. A nice surprise.,

I don't know if I'd call it a return. I saw this a couple days ago, looks like it's just a Mardi Gras addition... runs through Feb & March but that's it. Interesting nonetheless, but I wonder why AS keeps shying away from competition on various trunk routes and instead decides to go for these very niche, bottom-feeding adds (like the recently announced Mexico mini-expansion, for example).

I'd love to see a bigger network out of SFO too, in general. Regional adds are nice, and so are the more niche intl leisure adds we've seen announced, but domestic is really where they need to be on their game. This is what I have so far, just off the top of my head.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=sfo-fca%2F ... =wls&DU=mi


If people don't buy tickets on various routes, then the airline won't be on those routes...I think that's why SFO (and LAX) lose some of the trunk routes.
 
USAirKid
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:16 pm

b777900 wrote:
I just noticed all transcon flights are all on 737 800 EWR-LAX and BOS-LAX IS that correct ? what happened to A321neo's or even 737900er?


My SEA-MCO flights are on a 900er. I noted that AS has brought back hot meals in First Class for longer flights. Last I checked the Airbus didn't have an onboard oven, so perhaps they're restricting them to the shorter flights up and down the coast?
 
ASFlyer
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 1:25 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:25 pm

USAirKid wrote:
b777900 wrote:
I just noticed all transcon flights are all on 737 800 EWR-LAX and BOS-LAX IS that correct ? what happened to A321neo's or even 737900er?


My SEA-MCO flights are on a 900er. I noted that AS has brought back hot meals in First Class for longer flights. Last I checked the Airbus didn't have an onboard oven, so perhaps they're restricting them to the shorter flights up and down the coast?


Airbus have always had ovens in First Class, and still do. Hot meals have been back in First Class for probably 6 months now.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:00 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
USAirKid wrote:
b777900 wrote:
I just noticed all transcon flights are all on 737 800 EWR-LAX and BOS-LAX IS that correct ? what happened to A321neo's or even 737900er?


My SEA-MCO flights are on a 900er. I noted that AS has brought back hot meals in First Class for longer flights. Last I checked the Airbus didn't have an onboard oven, so perhaps they're restricting them to the shorter flights up and down the coast?


Airbus have always had ovens in First Class, and still do. Hot meals have been back in First Class for probably 6 months now.


There are definitely ovens in the first class galley on the Airbus aircraft. Prior the pandemic, I've had many hot meals on AS Airbus aircraft. Even the E-175's have ovens in the 1st class galley.

I heard hot meals are given on flights that are 1100 miles or longer today. Hopefully, that'll change back to more pre-pandemic levels relatively soon.
 
Chugach
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:18 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:49 am

Was scouting out some flights next summer and noticed a lot more E175 service in Alaska. OTZ, OME, and ADQ are all getting the E175, in addition to the already existing FAI/AKN/DLG service.

Also, it looks like SFO-ANC goes 2x daily.

Lots can change between now and summer, but interesting nonetheless.
 
Wneast
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:53 am

Chugach wrote:
Was scouting out some flights next summer and noticed a lot more E175 service in Alaska. OTZ, OME, and ADQ are all getting the E175, in addition to the already existing FAI/AKN/DLG service.

Also, it looks like SFO-ANC goes 2x daily.

Lots can change between now and summer, but interesting nonetheless.

Even though it could change SFO-ANC going to two daily is interesting for sure. Just noticed GEG-BOI goes to three flights hasn’t it always been two flights ? Actually now that I look there’s a lot of frequency changes in both GEG and BOI
 
gmcc
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:54 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:35 am

Chugach wrote:
Was scouting out some flights next summer and noticed a lot more E175 service in Alaska. OTZ, OME, and ADQ are all getting the E175, in addition to the already existing FAI/AKN/DLG service.

Also, it looks like SFO-ANC goes 2x daily.

Lots can change between now and summer, but interesting nonetheless.

The companion question. If the E175's are up in Alaska, where are the displaced 737s going?
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:04 am

gmcc wrote:
Chugach wrote:
Was scouting out some flights next summer and noticed a lot more E175 service in Alaska. OTZ, OME, and ADQ are all getting the E175, in addition to the already existing FAI/AKN/DLG service.

Also, it looks like SFO-ANC goes 2x daily.

Lots can change between now and summer, but interesting nonetheless.

The companion question. If the E175's are up in Alaska, where are the displaced 737s going?


I think there are a couple of additional -700's being converted to Freighters.
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:23 pm

Oh so my theory is right in that the -700’s are being replaced e175’s. I’ll be waiting to hear union shriek in a few months. Now onto airbus and Boeing 737 900 non er retirement
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:28 pm

Speaking of which N318AS (Spirit of Disneyland II) flew to vcv to receive the new livery. This now completes the 737-900 series repaints.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N318AS
N532AS At the same time came out of repaint.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N532AS
 
AC4500
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:37 pm

Some interesting highlights from the recent schedule update for May-September 2022:

Aircraft equipment capacity upgrades from E175s to 737s:
- PDX-ABQ/TUS (all mainline for summer)
- PDX-BOI/GEG (2 of 5 daily flights now mainline for summer)
- SEA-ICT (all mainline for summer)
There's probably more from SEA. Didn't have time to check them all.

Transcon MAX-9 routes loaded include:
Portland to: EWR, HNL, KOA, MCO
Seattle to: ANC, BOS, CVG, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, HNL, JFK, KOA, MCO, PIT

Frequency increases:
- SFO-ANC increases from 1 to 2 daily flights.
- SAN-BOS increases from 1 to 2 daily flights (in response to DL?).
- SAN-HNL increases from 1 to 2 daily flights.
 
joeblow10
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:48 pm

AC4500 wrote:
Some interesting highlights from the recent schedule update for May-September 2022:

Aircraft equipment capacity upgrades from E175s to 737s:
- PDX-ABQ/TUS (all mainline for summer)
- PDX-BOI/GEG (2 of 5 daily flights now mainline for summer)
- SEA-ICT (all mainline for summer)
There's probably more from SEA. Didn't have time to check them all.

Transcon MAX-9 routes loaded include:
Portland to: EWR, HNL, KOA, MCO
Seattle to: ANC, BOS, CVG, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, HNL, JFK, KOA, MCO, PIT

Frequency increases:
- SFO-ANC increases from 1 to 2 daily flights.
- SAN-BOS increases from 1 to 2 daily flights (in response to DL?).
- SAN-HNL increases from 1 to 2 daily flights.


Wow - that is an impressive increase in seat capacity in smaller markets. Amazed they have been able to go to 737s on the likes of SEA-OKC/ICT, and double daily 737s in OMA… that basically leaves ELP as the only “long distance” destination from SEA that is still using the 175.

When these first started a few years ago I wasn’t sure they’d work… clearly I was wrong. Places like TUL, DSM, and maybe a resumption of COS seem like obvious 175 adds in the near future.
 
32andBelow
Posts: 5737
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:11 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
gmcc wrote:
Chugach wrote:
Was scouting out some flights next summer and noticed a lot more E175 service in Alaska. OTZ, OME, and ADQ are all getting the E175, in addition to the already existing FAI/AKN/DLG service.

Also, it looks like SFO-ANC goes 2x daily.

Lots can change between now and summer, but interesting nonetheless.

The companion question. If the E175's are up in Alaska, where are the displaced 737s going?


I think there are a couple of additional -700's being converted to Freighters.
there for sure need more freighters. They have freighters in the air all the time. Also ace air has been flying soooo much freight into places like ADQ JNU SIT and KTN
 
joeblow10
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:17 pm

Cardude2 wrote:
Oh so my theory is right in that the -700’s are being replaced e175’s. I’ll be waiting to hear union shriek in a few months. Now onto airbus and Boeing 737 900 non er retirement


Well… the union does have good reason to shriek from their perspective, basically all the intra-AK flying will be on the 175 in no time at this rate.

I’ll be interested to see how that works in the wintertime when/if the 175 becomes the main aircraft for AK flying given the temperature issues I thought it had in the past, but maybe I’m imagining things. From managements perspective, the 175 is probably the perfect sized a/c for many of these AK flights
 
User avatar
itripreport
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Another frequency increase I found today:
SEA-CVG goes 2 daily!
Quite a step up from the 0 weekly flights just a few months ago
 
sxf24
Posts: 1354
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:16 pm

joeblow10 wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
Oh so my theory is right in that the -700’s are being replaced e175’s. I’ll be waiting to hear union shriek in a few months. Now onto airbus and Boeing 737 900 non er retirement


Well… the union does have good reason to shriek from their perspective, basically all the intra-AK flying will be on the 175 in no time at this rate.

I’ll be interested to see how that works in the wintertime when/if the 175 becomes the main aircraft for AK flying given the temperature issues I thought it had in the past, but maybe I’m imagining things. From managements perspective, the 175 is probably the perfect sized a/c for many of these AK flights


AS mainline frames and hours are growing. I’m not sure why the union would take issue with a shift in resources. If there are more freighters, they’d probably have plenty of lines out of ANC.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos