Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
SANFan
Posts: 5760
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:46 pm

Wneast wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
I just saw that, wow that's a lot of routes. That's a hub

Yeah they officially called it a focus city so I’m always interested what else they might add next

Just curious. I assume "they" is AS but when/where was BOI described as a focus city? I must've missed that.

bb
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6671
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:51 pm

SANFan wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
I just saw that, wow that's a lot of routes. That's a hub

Yeah they officially called it a focus city so I’m always interested what else they might add next

Just curious. I assume "they" is AS but when/where was BOI described as a focus city? I must've missed that.

bb


I just read somewhere else that AS is also starting BOI-LAS at the same time as BOI-IDA.

EDIT: Never mind. I see it was mentioned earlier in the thread.
 
User avatar
SANFan
Posts: 5760
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:55 pm

SANFan wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
I just saw that, wow that's a lot of routes. That's a hub

Yeah they officially called it a focus city so I’m always interested what else they might add next

Just curious. I assume "they" is AS but when/where was BOI described as a focus city? I must've missed that.

Never mind, I just found it in the link to the PR on the new BOI adds. That's Brett Catlin who said it so that means it's "official" AFAIC!

Good for Boise! (Note to Cardude: about 35 flights to 15 destinations is NOT a hub. Sorry.) But it is great that AS now calls BOI a focus city.)

bb
 
Wneast
Posts: 1075
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:02 pm

SANFan wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Cardude2 wrote:
I just saw that, wow that's a lot of routes. That's a hub

Yeah they officially called it a focus city so I’m always interested what else they might add next

Just curious. I assume "they" is AS but when/where was BOI described as a focus city? I must've missed that.

bb

Yeah I’m referring to AS
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:10 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
Interesting expansion at BOI. Would AS consider trying RNO again? It's not an easy drive. Does BOI have FIS capability to do something like SJD as a seasonal weekend-only?


It wouldn't surprise me if AS brings back RNO-BOI since RNO's economy is picking up and maybe they'll try to fend off AHA.
 
SXDFC
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:56 pm

Heard a rumor that the Disney -900 (N318AS) will be repainted soon. Not sure if there’s any truth to it.
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:34 pm

SXDFC wrote:
Heard a rumor that the Disney -900 (N318AS) will be repainted soon. Not sure if there’s any truth to it.


It's in Victorville right now getting repainted. Should be flying back to Seattle with a new coat of paint soon.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N318AS
 
User avatar
msp747
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
Interesting expansion at BOI. Would AS consider trying RNO again? It's not an easy drive. Does BOI have FIS capability to do something like SJD as a seasonal weekend-only?


It wouldn't surprise me if AS brings back RNO-BOI since RNO's economy is picking up and maybe they'll try to fend off AHA.

I'm surprised that route didn't survive, considering the Q400 has a pretty low breakeven point and like you mentioned, the drive is a pain. Hopefully they give it another go.
 
lhpdx
Posts: 968
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Horizon/Skywest Moving to B Terminal at PDX
Effective 12/8/2021 the B terminal at PDX will open and Horizon and Skywest will operate from that terminal. The new B terminal features floor-to-ceiling windows and will have a coffee shop and restaurant. It replaces the old A terminal which if you remember was pretty terrible.
 
ANA787
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:02 pm

lhpdx wrote:
Horizon/Skywest Moving to B Terminal at PDX
Effective 12/8/2021 the B terminal at PDX will open and Horizon and Skywest will operate from that terminal. The new B terminal features floor-to-ceiling windows and will have a coffee shop and restaurant. It replaces the old A terminal which if you remember was pretty terrible.

Thanks for this. Are there any updated renderings? How many gates will this expansion be?
 
lhpdx
Posts: 968
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:25 pm

From what I understand there will be 6 ground loading positions and 3 jetways ( also can be used as ground loading positions) once CC-B opens on Dec. 8th... A fourth jetway( B1) will be added later once the main terminal construction is completed..
 
flyoregon
Posts: 890
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:34 pm

lhpdx wrote:
From what I understand there will be 6 ground loading positions and 3 jetways ( also can be used as ground loading positions) once CC-B opens on Dec. 8th... A fourth jetway( B1) will be added later once the main terminal construction is completed..


That doesn’t seem like enough ground loading for all the Q400s short term. Long term I guess if the plan is to go all jet, but that’s still quite a few years out.
 
lhpdx
Posts: 968
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:02 pm

flyoregon wrote:
lhpdx wrote:
From what I understand there will be 6 ground loading positions and 3 jetways ( also can be used as ground loading positions) once CC-B opens on Dec. 8th... A fourth jetway( B1) will be added later once the main terminal construction is completed..


That doesn’t seem like enough ground loading for all the Q400s short term. Long term I guess if the plan is to go all jet, but that’s still quite a few years out.


I know that the summer 2022 schedule is away out, but you can actually see that happening...Cities that were previously served with O400's are now transitioning to jets ( ie MFR, CYR, SMF, RNO, BOI, GEG, FAT, STS). Even SEA is scheduled to see a lot fewer Q400's out of Portland.....
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:23 pm

I'm hoping Avelo's entry into ACV and AA's recent add from PHX will have AS add a flight to SEA or PDX ** fingers crossed **
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:49 pm

usxguy wrote:
I'm hoping Avelo's entry into ACV and AA's recent add from PHX will have AS add a flight to SEA or PDX ** fingers crossed **


Im still surprised alaska added redding but not acv. I had a friend say avelo is doing good at acv
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:50 am

lhpdx wrote:
flyoregon wrote:
lhpdx wrote:
From what I understand there will be 6 ground loading positions and 3 jetways ( also can be used as ground loading positions) once CC-B opens on Dec. 8th... A fourth jetway( B1) will be added later once the main terminal construction is completed..


That doesn’t seem like enough ground loading for all the Q400s short term. Long term I guess if the plan is to go all jet, but that’s still quite a few years out.


I know that the summer 2022 schedule is away out, but you can actually see that happening...Cities that were previously served with O400's are now transitioning to jets ( ie MFR, CYR, SMF, RNO, BOI, GEG, FAT, STS). Even SEA is scheduled to see a lot fewer Q400's out of Portland.....

What is CYR supposed to be?
 
User avatar
gunsontheroof
Posts: 3740
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:55 am

[twoid][/twoid]
sprxUSA wrote:
lhpdx wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

That doesn’t seem like enough ground loading for all the Q400s short term. Long term I guess if the plan is to go all jet, but that’s still quite a few years out.


I know that the summer 2022 schedule is away out, but you can actually see that happening...Cities that were previously served with O400's are now transitioning to jets ( ie MFR, CYR, SMF, RNO, BOI, GEG, FAT, STS). Even SEA is scheduled to see a lot fewer Q400's out of Portland.....

What is CYR supposed to be?


Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay. Almost certainly on Alaska's shortlist!
 
AC4500
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:47 am

sprxUSA wrote:
lhpdx wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

That doesn’t seem like enough ground loading for all the Q400s short term. Long term I guess if the plan is to go all jet, but that’s still quite a few years out.


I know that the summer 2022 schedule is away out, but you can actually see that happening...Cities that were previously served with O400's are now transitioning to jets ( ie MFR, CYR, SMF, RNO, BOI, GEG, FAT, STS). Even SEA is scheduled to see a lot fewer Q400's out of Portland.....

What is CYR supposed to be?

I think they meant YVR. CYVR is the ICAO code.
 
SeaDoo
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:21 am

gunsontheroof wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
sprxUSA wrote:
lhpdx wrote:

I know that the summer 2022 schedule is away out, but you can actually see that happening...Cities that were previously served with O400's are now transitioning to jets ( ie MFR, CYR, SMF, RNO, BOI, GEG, FAT, STS). Even SEA is scheduled to see a lot fewer Q400's out of Portland.....

What is CYR supposed to be?


Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay. Almost certainly on Alaska's shortlist!


:)
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:45 am

usxguy wrote:
I'm hoping Avelo's entry into ACV and AA's recent add from PHX will have AS add a flight to SEA or PDX ** fingers crossed **


I'm sure ACV will happen eventually.
 
User avatar
msp747
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:04 pm

flyoregon wrote:
lhpdx wrote:
From what I understand there will be 6 ground loading positions and 3 jetways ( also can be used as ground loading positions) once CC-B opens on Dec. 8th... A fourth jetway( B1) will be added later once the main terminal construction is completed..


That doesn’t seem like enough ground loading for all the Q400s short term. Long term I guess if the plan is to go all jet, but that’s still quite a few years out.

I'm sure AS had significant input into this new concourse, so I doubt they'd overlook this. 6 ground loading positions is a fair amount. I mean how many Qs are on the ground at one time during the day any more? I mean there is only 32 of them remaining in the entire fleet. In the evening, they can move them to hard stands if the aircraft is done for the day and they need a gate.

I know the popular belief is that QX will phase out turboprops in the near future, but I think a small fleet will remain long-term (be it the Q400 or possibly the new Embraer turboprop). QX still serves smaller markets where those planes make more sense.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:15 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
usxguy wrote:
I'm hoping Avelo's entry into ACV and AA's recent add from PHX will have AS add a flight to SEA or PDX ** fingers crossed **


I'm sure ACV will happen eventually.


I'm not sure why you think the arrival of competitors is going to bring new capacity into a small airport. It's much more likely to crowd out AS (or anybody else).
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:20 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
usxguy wrote:
I'm hoping Avelo's entry into ACV and AA's recent add from PHX will have AS add a flight to SEA or PDX ** fingers crossed **


I'm sure ACV will happen eventually.


I'm not sure why you think the arrival of competitors is going to bring new capacity into a small airport. It's much more likely to crowd out AS (or anybody else).


Competitors? They all go southbound. I think AS will eventually return to ACV to SEA (probably not PDX). I think the thought here is that if RDD can get AS, why not ACV.
 
32andBelow
Posts: 5737
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:38 pm

It is super weird that AS started RDD before ACV. ACV sold wayyyy better when KS flew it
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6671
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:54 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I'm sure ACV will happen eventually.


I'm not sure why you think the arrival of competitors is going to bring new capacity into a small airport. It's much more likely to crowd out AS (or anybody else).


Competitors? They all go southbound. I think AS will eventually return to ACV to SEA (probably not PDX). I think the thought here is that if RDD can get AS, why not ACV.


I was also surprised that AS didn’t re-start ACV at the same time they re-started RDD.

I flew a round trip SEA-RDD last week. Going down on a Thursday evening the airplane was fairly full. I saw at least three empty seats. I was estimating load factor to be about 90-95%. Coming back on a Tuesday morning was much lighter. The middle of the airplane was empty. I’d estimate load factor something like 55% on that flight.

The Flight Attendants and service were very good on those QX Q400 flights. The woman in front of me and I even partook in two glasses each of the free beer at 7:30am.
 
joeblow10
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:07 pm

With OO adding 8 (?) more E175s under AS, I’ll be interested to see where those go. It looks like even more of the BOI flying is going to OO next summer (including ORD and LAS).

My understanding is OO only “bases” crews for DL/UA out of BOI, but maybe they’ll be adding AS soon?
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1974
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:32 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I'm sure ACV will happen eventually.


I'm not sure why you think the arrival of competitors is going to bring new capacity into a small airport. It's much more likely to crowd out AS (or anybody else).


Competitors? They all go southbound. I think AS will eventually return to ACV to SEA (probably not PDX). I think the thought here is that if RDD can get AS, why not ACV.


There's a LOT of leakage due to United's stranglehold on the market. We're no longer seeing 10 flights a day to SFO, 3 to PDX, and 3 to SMF. UA gutted the schedule down to 3 or 4 flights a day and the fares are fairly high. When Contour started service to OAK, they even got a large number of people who drove up to CEC from ACV for seats. ACV is just in a really weird spot & there's a lot of pent-up demand. People have to drive significant distances to get out of town.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:20 pm

I hope AS will consider returning to ACV...on the SEA-ACV run.
 
alohaislandair
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:57 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:51 pm

I’m hearing AS might be announcing PVU soon, nonstop to SEA.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:01 am

alohaislandair wrote:
I’m hearing AS might be announcing PVU soon, nonstop to SEA.


If that truly happens, I'm sure it would be an E-175...at least to start. I hope AS returns to COS.
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:11 am

Update: N318AS has just finished betting repainted and is en route to Seattle
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N318AS
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:20 am

Cardude2 wrote:
Update: N318AS has just finished betting repainted and is en route to Seattle
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N318AS


I'm holding out hope that all they did update the "Alaska" logo.
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6671
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:20 am

alohaislandair wrote:
I’m hearing AS might be announcing PVU soon, nonstop to SEA.


This would have been far down on my list of cities that I would have thought AS would start next from SEA with E175.

ACV, TUL, DSM, MSN, SGU, RAP, BFL, a resumption of COS, or even YWG would all have come to mind before PVU. Will be interesting to see if it does happen.
 
Cardude2
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:08 am

A sad update to the list as N546AS, The final old livery jet has made its final flight in the old livery to Victorville where it will be repainted.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N546AS

let us all say our thanks to the old livery :cry: :wave:

Image

However, there is still some old titles left listed below and a lei:

for 738:

in old lei:
N538AS

In old special livery:
N559AS (Salmon Thirty Salmon II)
N560AS (/Spirit of the Islands)

for Q400:

N402QX (University of Montana) (to be repainted shortly)
N401QX (Washington State University)
N403QX (Montana State University) (to be repainted shortly)
N437QX (Boise State University)
N440QX (Oregon State University)

Just 3 738’s left and 5 q400
 
flyoregon
Posts: 890
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:37 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
alohaislandair wrote:
I’m hearing AS might be announcing PVU soon, nonstop to SEA.


This would have been far down on my list of cities that I would have thought AS would start next from SEA with E175.

ACV, TUL, DSM, MSN, SGU, RAP, BFL, a resumption of COS, or even YWG would all have come to mind before PVU. Will be interesting to see if it does happen.


I’d be very surprised by PVU also, only because SLC isn’t that far of a drive. Even with traffic.
 
Prost
Posts: 2695
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:30 pm

We’ll miss you fllaska!
 
gmcc
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:54 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:56 pm

Looks like the next Max is off to get it's 2Ku dome in KOKC. Or at least i hope it is.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n918ak

Hope it will be shorter then the 2 weeks for 915
 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5929
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:57 pm

alohaislandair wrote:
I’m hearing AS might be announcing PVU soon, nonstop to SEA.


That's something alright, that may be proprietary, can't say 'for sure" be careful on here, action is swift from the powers that be, Bur cool add on an E-197 or a 737-900.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:43 am

RWA380 wrote:
alohaislandair wrote:
I’m hearing AS might be announcing PVU soon, nonstop to SEA.


That's something alright, that may be proprietary, can't say 'for sure" be careful on here, action is swift from the powers that be, Bur cool add on an E-197 or a 737-900.


E-197? LOL! I'm just busting your chops.
 
USAirKid
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:52 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
alohaislandair wrote:
I’m hearing AS might be announcing PVU soon, nonstop to SEA.


That's something alright, that may be proprietary, can't say 'for sure" be careful on here, action is swift from the powers that be, Bur cool add on an E-197 or a 737-900.


E-197? LOL! I'm just busting your chops.


It’s what happens when you cross a E-190 and a DC-7.
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:08 am

USAirKid wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

That's something alright, that may be proprietary, can't say 'for sure" be careful on here, action is swift from the powers that be, Bur cool add on an E-197 or a 737-900.


E-197? LOL! I'm just busting your chops.


It’s what happens when you cross a E-190 and a DC-7.


If Embraer remained a partner with Boeing, this would be new name for the 797.
 
USAavdork
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:39 pm

Unless my memory is awful, January will the first time in a few years since we’ve seen the A321 operate SFO-BOS!
 
gmcc
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:54 am

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:16 pm

It appears AS is planning on have the Qs around for quite some time if the can successfully convert they to hydrogen. A benefit for all the long Q route haters, range would be 500 miles. Probably won't have free beer and wine though.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alaska-a ... 00328.html
 
chrisair
Posts: 2233
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:32 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:21 pm

Prost wrote:
We’ll miss you fllaska!


They've had that livery for 30+ years and I just noticed it said fllaska! :mrgreen:
 
Western727
Posts: 2095
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:23 pm

chrisair wrote:
Prost wrote:
We’ll miss you fllaska!


They've had that livery for 30+ years and I just noticed it said fllaska! :mrgreen:


Likewise!! And I grew up in SEA in the 1980s...lol
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6671
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:25 pm

gmcc wrote:
It appears AS is planning on have the Qs around for quite some time if the can successfully convert they to hydrogen. A benefit for all the long Q route haters, range would be 500 miles. Probably won't have free beer and wine though.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alaska-a ... 00328.html


AS has continually cut back when they give free beer and wine already. Used to be all QX flights, including CR7 flights. Then it was extended to OO CR7 flights like SEA-FAT that replaced QX flights. Now it’s cut back to only Q400 flights.
 
airlinepeanuts
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:34 pm

PVU makes sense for AS, lots of mormons in the PNW that would go from SEA-PVU where BYU is. I think FAR wouldn't be far behind for AS.
 
flyoregon
Posts: 890
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:55 pm

airlinepeanuts wrote:
PVU makes sense for AS, lots of mormons in the PNW that would go from SEA-PVU where BYU is. I think FAR wouldn't be far behind for AS.


There's always been a lot of church members in the PNW, why would now be better for AS to start serving PVU solely because of BYU? If AS started PVU to SEA, it would be nice if G4 started to PDX.
 
jplatts
Posts: 5089
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:19 pm

flyoregon wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:
PVU makes sense for AS, lots of mormons in the PNW that would go from SEA-PVU where BYU is. I think FAR wouldn't be far behind for AS.


There's always been a lot of church members in the PNW, why would now be better for AS to start serving PVU solely because of BYU? If AS started PVU to SEA, it would be nice if G4 started to PDX.


There is a high-tech presence in Utah County with
(a) Micro Focus having a campus in Provo (where Novell had its headquarters prior to being acquired by the Attachmate Group),
(b) Adobe, Cisco, Microsoft, and Oracle having offices in Lehi, and
(c) Micron Technology having a manufacturing facility in Lehi.

In addition to BYU's main campus being located in Provo, there would likely be some business travel to PVU from SEA if AS adds SEA-PVU nonstop service with Redmond, WA-based Microsoft having offices in Lehi, UT.
 
AC4500
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:44 pm

jplatts wrote:
flyoregon wrote:
airlinepeanuts wrote:
PVU makes sense for AS, lots of mormons in the PNW that would go from SEA-PVU where BYU is. I think FAR wouldn't be far behind for AS.


There's always been a lot of church members in the PNW, why would now be better for AS to start serving PVU solely because of BYU? If AS started PVU to SEA, it would be nice if G4 started to PDX.


There is a high-tech presence in Utah County with
(a) Micro Focus having a campus in Provo (where Novell had its headquarters prior to being acquired by the Attachmate Group),
(b) Adobe, Cisco, Microsoft, and Oracle having offices in Lehi, and
(c) Micron Technology having a manufacturing facility in Lehi.

In addition to BYU's main campus being located in Provo, there would likely be some business travel to PVU from SEA if AS adds SEA-PVU nonstop service with Redmond, WA-based Microsoft having offices in Lehi, UT.

Those tech customers are probably already used to flying out of SLC. There would be no reason for them to switch to PVU just for a sole nonstop flight to SEA when SLC has so many more frequencies and destinations.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos