Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Hamlet69

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:09 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

AS just canceled my PAE-TUS flight this morning. The PAE-PHX flight left. The GEG flight just left, which was supposed to come back to make the TUS flight. But for some reason just canceled the TUS departure, despite it being full.

OUCH! How is AS getting you to TUS if the flight was canceled?

I wouldn’t know how or whether AS plans to get us there. The message at 10:40am said I’d receive an e-mail update from AS on rebooking options within an hour. Nothing 4 hours later. Can’t get through to an agent - at one time it was a projected 14 hour wait. I’m trying to get through on the Chat but have now been waiting longer than the stated wait time.

The on-line reservation won’t let me cancel or change without talking to an agent. Yet it’s impossible to get hold of an agent.

I was incorrect earlier. In fact the 7:50am GEG flight never did depart. AS keeps giving an updated ETD for the last 6 hours, but it never actually departs. The LAS and PHX flights did depart PAE this morning, but TUS got the shaft.

To the credit of both the hotel and rental car companies, they each waived the non-refundable policies for not showing up.

I wonder if this is going to be on on-going issue. When IROPS occur, PAE is going to get shafted by AS.

It’s not just PAE today. Sister is supposed to be flying SEA-MCO. Boarded at 8:30am, then sat at gate for a few hours. Finally taxied out to get de-iced, then sat some more. Captain is being good and trying to give updates, but he finally got worried about fuel and had to head back to terminal. So latest (3:00pm) is they are waiting to get towed into a gate.

-Hamlet69

BoeingGuy

Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Hamlet69 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I wouldn’t know how or whether AS plans to get us there. The message at 10:40am said I’d receive an e-mail update from AS on rebooking options within an hour. Nothing 4 hours later. Can’t get through to an agent - at one time it was a projected 14 hour wait. I’m trying to get through on the Chat but have now been waiting longer than the stated wait time.

The on-line reservation won’t let me cancel or change without talking to an agent. Yet it’s impossible to get hold of an agent.

I was incorrect earlier. In fact the 7:50am GEG flight never did depart. AS keeps giving an updated ETD for the last 6 hours, but it never actually departs. The LAS and PHX flights did depart PAE this morning, but TUS got the shaft.

To the credit of both the hotel and rental car companies, they each waived the non-refundable policies for not showing up.

I wonder if this is going to be on on-going issue. When IROPS occur, PAE is going to get shafted by AS.

It’s not just PAE today. Sister is supposed to be flying SEA-MCO. Boarded at 8:30am, then sat at gate for a few hours. Finally taxied out to get de-iced, then sat some more. Captain is being good and trying to give updates, but he finally got worried about fuel and had to head back to terminal. So latest (3:00pm) is they are waiting to get towed into a gate.

-Hamlet69

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like what’s going on with the PAE-GEG flight. I was watching its status because it was going to be the equipment for my flight. Scheduled 7:50am. Apparently left the PAE gate around 9am. Taxied for an hour. Continuous progressive delays all day. Latest status is departure at 3:10pm.

Those of us at home who never left for the airport are luckier than those on the GEG flight or you sister. I hope it works out for her.

usxguy

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:10 am

gmcc wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
usxguy wrote:
AA still has 4 gates and the Eaglet terminal busses there. They took over the DL club, after Delta spent millions upgrading it...

Oh...got it...the first four gates within the concourse...two on each side? I've actually never flown AA Eagle into LAX and tried their commuter terminal.

Just passed though the nest on Saturday. Gate are 52 A through G? Other than the admirals club which iI have no knowledge of, it is nothing to write home about. One undersized snack place plus some vending machines.

Back on topic. I wonder if mainline or QX/OO or a mixture of both will be banished to T5.

I'm referring to the former Delta SkyClub, which is above the Terminal 5 concourse - gate 55A. Its pretty big and I've never seen more than 20 people in there - a much more relaxing environment than the Alaska lounge in T6. Even has showers (which are unfortunately closed). The stairs up are a bit hard to find (in corner by elevator DOWN to the walkway). American opened it during Covid, I believe, to little fan fare. The Eaglet Terminal lounge feels more like an upscale snack bar!

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformati ... x-club.jsp

Flflyer83

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:18 am

AS cx’d 23% (159) of their flights today, 12/26, and have already cancelled 35 flights (5%) tomorrow. This is going to be a rough few days to try to catch up…

jbs2886

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:23 am

Flflyer83 wrote:
AS cx’d 23% (159) of their flights today, 12/26, and have already cancelled 35 flights (5%) tomorrow. This is going to be a rough few days to try to catch up…

That’s all? A quick look at SEA on FlightRadar24 seemed it was far worse than 23%. So, that’s surprisingly good, but accommodating those passengers the next few days will be tough.

32andBelow

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:51 am

Delta put in a weather advisory 3 days ago into SEA. Why didn’t AS?

BoeingGuy

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:01 am

jbs2886 wrote:
Flflyer83 wrote:

That’s all? A quick look at SEA on FlightRadar24 seemed it was far worse than 23%. So, that’s surprisingly good, but accommodating those passengers the next few days will be tough.

Probably because not all of AS’s flights depart SEA. He probably means 23% system wide.

From what I can tell, all PAE departures operated today, except of course the one I was on. PHX, LAS, and PSP were only 1-2 hours late. GEG was like 7-8 hours late. TUS canceled. So did the morning SEA-TUS flight cancel after apparently leaving the gate.

wedgetail737

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:05 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
Flflyer83 wrote:

Probably because not all of AS’s flights depart SEA. He probably means 23% system wide.

From what I can tell, all PAE departures operated today, except of course the one I was on. PHX, LAS, and PSP were only 1-2 hours late. GEG was like 7-8 hours late. TUS canceled. So did the morning SEA-TUS flight cancel after apparently leaving the gate.

I was looking at Flightradar24 and I see some flights were "diverted" to places like SFO. Earlier, there were some that were diverted to MWH and Yakima. Yet there were many others that were/are delayed 5 to 8 hours. When it snows in the PNW, everything gets fricked up.

BoeingGuy

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:22 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:

I was looking at Flightradar24 and I see some flights were "diverted" to places like SFO. Earlier, there were some that were diverted to MWH and Yakima. Yet there were many others that were/are delayed 5 to 8 hours. When it snows in the PNW, everything gets fricked up.

I don’t get AS’s choice at PAE. One airplane goes roundtrip to GEG and then goes to TUS. TUS is totally full. I’m guessing GEG is not full, plus there are numerous options SEA-GEG. Instead of cancelling the GEG round trip and just use the airplane for TUS, they cancel the full TUS and send the airplane to GEG seven hours late.

After also having canceled one of today’s SEA-TUS flights; and tomorrow’s PAE-TUS and evening SEA-TUS flights bring already full, no they instead keep the PAE-GEG flight and cancel PAE-TUS. Now many more people are greatly delayed in their travels. Amazingly there were about 5 open seats on tomorrow morning’s 7am SEA-TUS 737-900.
Last edited by BoeingGuy on Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aliqiout

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:22 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

Sounds like the opposite actually. PAE has a lower cancelation rate than SEA.

BoeingGuy

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:23 am

Aliqiout wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Sounds like the opposite actually. PAE has a lower cancelation rate than SEA.

Yeah, kind of turned out that way today.

jbs2886

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:35 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
Flflyer83 wrote:

I’m fully aware not all of AS’s flights depart from SEA… But, it’s a huge part of AS’s network so my point still stands. Furthermore, many other airports in the PNW have been similarly impacted, including PDX.

usxguy

Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:50 am

It took some flights today over 2 hours to get deiced.... core markets took a severe hit - Southeast, Anchorage - and LOTS of people piling up.

sxf24

Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:50 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

I don’t get AS’s choice at PAE. One airplane goes roundtrip to GEG and then goes to TUS. TUS is totally full. I’m guessing GEG is not full, plus there are numerous options SEA-GEG. Instead of cancelling the GEG round trip and just use the airplane for TUS, they cancel the full TUS and send the airplane to GEG seven hours late.

After also having canceled one of today’s SEA-TUS flights; and tomorrow’s PAE-TUS and evening SEA-TUS flights bring already full, no they instead keep the PAE-GEG flight and cancel PAE-TUS. Now many more people are greatly delayed in their travels. Amazingly there were about 5 open seats on tomorrow morning’s 7am SEA-TUS 737-900.

GEG is a crew base and there may not have been crew in PAE that could operate TUS.

Western727

Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:25 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

AS just canceled my PAE-TUS flight this morning. The PAE-PHX flight left. The GEG flight just left, which was supposed to come back to make the TUS flight. But for some reason just canceled the TUS departure, despite it being full.

Sorry you're having to deal with this. Any updates, if I may ask? Did you end up getting to TUS? If so, how and when?

BoeingGuy

Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:54 pm

Western727 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Sorry you're having to deal with this. Any updates, if I may ask? Did you end up getting to TUS? If so, how and when?

Thanks for asking. At SEA right now. 7am flight is supposed to be on time. Still a lot of canceled flights this morning. KOA, SAN, SFO, EWR all canceled along with quite a few others.

I wonder if that other poster’s sister got to MCO yesterday. Sounds like an ordeal.

QXorVX

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:53 pm

32andBelow wrote:
Delta put in a weather advisory 3 days ago into SEA. Why didn’t AS?

AS has had an advisory and flexible bookings in place since 12/22 in anticipation of this storm, fare difference is not charged for changes within the travel window.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/advis ... ories#flex

Western727

Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:55 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
Western727 wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

Thanks for asking. At SEA right now. 7am flight is supposed to be on time. Still a lot of canceled flights this morning. KOA, SAN, SFO, EWR all canceled along with quite a few others.

I wonder if that other poster’s sister got to MCO yesterday. Sounds like an ordeal.

Wow on the cancellations; thanks for that, because I've got a friend flying back to AUS on Wednesday (from SAN) so I just sent a cautionary text. Glad AS706 still looks like it's running on time 5 mins prior to its STD. Hope you have/had a smooth flight.

TXRoadMan

Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:33 am

usxguy wrote:
I'm referring to the former Delta SkyClub, which is above the Terminal 5 concourse - gate 55A. Its pretty big and I've never seen more than 20 people in there - a much more relaxing environment than the Alaska lounge in T6. Even has showers (which are unfortunately closed). The stairs up are a bit hard to find (in corner by elevator DOWN to the walkway). American opened it during Covid, I believe, to little fan fare.

The T5 Admirals Club originally opened in August of 2017. You're correct, though, in that it's rarely busy. One negative/nit, the free offering of food and drinks is not up to the standard of the Alaska Lounge.

seahawks7757

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:43 am

cschleic wrote:
cschleic wrote:
Bhoy wrote:
The Aircraft is Boeing’s Eco Demonstrator this year, which is attending the Boeing Innovation Forum being held at Glasgow Airport this week.

https://www.glasgowairport.com/media-ce ... ion-forum/

To bring this one back up, one question...on this plane, the mid-cabin exit doors aft of the wing are the type with the smaller windows, used in other 737s with higher density and an exit row there (such as Ryanair's Max and Lion). But other Alaska -900s and Max have the door deactivated, the plug with the larger window and a regular row of seats. Will this one be converted prior to delivery? Seems odd that AS would have this configuration in only one plane.

To answer this question, these doors will be plugged prior to these aircraft entering service, not sure if it is AS or Boeing who will do it but some of the NTU frames AS has acquired are like this with the exit already active and needing this modification, seems to be the ones starting in the N97*AK range are the NTU birds.

seahawks7757

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 am

A few more of 932 as Boeing is doing all it can to ensure it is at least delivered on paper by 2359 tonight! She looks amazing in the snow; I did get her again in the Wednesday sun touching down. Just can't get enough of this livery!

Also N929AK you can see in the background was troubleshooting a maintenance issue it seems, it would eventually get fixed and she would end up flying away on her delivery flight to Anchorage that evening, seems deliveries have now shifted up north for the time being.

ImageN932AK Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-9 MAX by Brandon Farris

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:06 pm

Please continue discussion in Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2022

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1468449

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos