Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyfresno

Re: Alaska Airlines Fleet/Network Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:17 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
I thought HA always flew the DC-8 to ANC. Guess I'll now go and investigate LOL.

Yep, I see they did use the 1011 for awhile.
And they are shown I their timetables as a regular operation, so anyone could buy a ticket for it.

BOI- Hawai'I has had three nonstop operators that I can recall from 1985 on and all seemed to fail in the execution. Maybe a fourth try could be a winner. Although, I doubt it.

The demographics in BOI are changing. More people are moving there from California and a lot of younger people are moving to the BOI area. Hawaii may actually work this time. A three or four day a week flight to HNL or OGG would probably thrive.

So, with Alaska basically retiring its Airbus fleet, it would appear BOI would need to be on the 737-9 MAX if they flew it? I'm not so sure they could make it work on the -800 without blocking seats a lot of the time going over, that's a long flight (although not a lot longer than ANC-HNL and they make that work).

Based on that, the possible airlines/aircraft for BOI-HNL would be HA on the 321 NEO, AS on the 737-9 MAX, and WN on the 737-8 MAX. Being as the MAX is so new at AS, HA would be a completely new carrier to BOI, and WN would still have plenty of connecting options on days that a non-stop doesn't operate, I gotta give the odds to WN on this one.

AC4500

Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Alaska is increasing SEA-AUS from 3x to 4x daily and PDX-AUS from 1x to 2x daily this summer: https://crankyflier.com/2021/03/22/fron ... n-aplenty/

It looks like both of the new frequencies are redeye E175s

What frequency did they operate for the same period in 2019? 2x daily SEA-AUS and 1x daily PDX-AUS?

AS was previously set to operate 2x daily PDX-AUS before COVID hit with 2 A320s.

4x on SEA-AUS seems like way too much capacity, especially when business traffic is down.

SANFan

Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:59 pm

My guess is that AS is expecting more competition in the AUS markets, and not only SEA & PDX. The Bay Area, and SoCal, are also plenty of frequencies. And don't forget BOI. There seems lots of chatter recently about DL, B6 and who knows who else jumping into the markets. And AS is taking over the AUS routes from the West Coast (e.g. SJC being dropped by AA while AS flies it (I believe) triple-daily) so there's that to figure in.

AUS seems to be a market that is doing well even as we navigate thru COVID so you can't blame AS for going for it big time!

bb

Wneast

Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:04 pm

SANFan wrote:
My guess is that AS is expecting more competition in the AUS markets, and not only SEA & PDX. The Bay Area, and SoCal, are also plenty of frequencies. And don't forget BOI. There seems lots of chatter recently about DL, B6 and who knows who else jumping into the markets. And AS is taking over the AUS routes from the West Coast (e.g. SJC being dropped by AA while AS flies it (I believe) triple-daily) so there's that to figure in.

AUS seems to be a market that is doing well even as we navigate thru COVID so you can't blame AS for going for it big time!

bb

Are you saying that there could be other Airlines jumping into the Austin to PDX and SEA, or the Boise market too ?

AC4500

Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:

bb

Are you saying that there could be other Airlines jumping into the Austin to PDX and SEA, or the Boise market too ?

I believe WN used to seasonally fly AUS-PDX. Maybe AUS-SEA too IIRC. F9 also operated both routes as well.

When DL announced their focus city intentions for AUS, I thought that they would surely start AUS-PDX and AUS-SAN, but now with AA starting a bunch of new P2P routes from AUS, I don't think we'll see other carriers on those routes. Maybe WN will resume the routes, but I find that unlikely. As for AUS-BOI, I don't think that market is large enough for two carriers, but who knows what we may see in the future...

sprxUSA

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:20 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
I thought HA always flew the DC-8 to ANC. Guess I'll now go and investigate LOL.

And they are shown I their timetables as a regular operation, so anyone could buy a ticket for it.

BOI- Hawai'I has had three nonstop operators that I can recall from 1985 on and all seemed to fail in the execution. Maybe a fourth try could be a winner. Although, I doubt it.

The demographics in BOI are changing. More people are moving there from California and a lot of younger people are moving to the BOI area. Hawaii may actually work this time. A three or four day a week flight to HNL or OGG would probably thrive.

Oh I am all too familiar with the California ( and other places) influx of people. I do think, if there ever was a time to give it a go, it would be about now or within a year.
With a respected/well-known carrier doing it, chances of success will ot be any better.

Wneast

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:24 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
sprxUSA wrote:
ASFlyer wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

Oh I am all too familiar with the California ( and other places) influx of people. I do think, if there ever was a time to give it a go, it would be about now or within a year.
With a respected/well-known carrier doing it, chances of success will ot be any better.

I think WN is most likely to start it this year because they have the right planes to try it probably starting this winter

FATFlyer

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:50 pm

ASFlyer wrote:

The urban exodus is to many 2nd and 3rd tier cities including Boise, Fresno, Eugene, etc.

Here in Fresno, rent price increases the past year are 2nd in the US only to Boise. Fresno has had the highest percentage increase in rent prices in the US over the last 4 years. Real estate sales locally are also booming.

I think the 2nd and 3rd tier cities will provide opportunity for new routes that might not have been considered just a few years ago.

It is why I have said there are several western cities shown in the State of Hawaii data that could be considered for less than daily Hawaii flights based on their total traffic. Currently travelers have multiple airlines to choose for connections to Hawaii. Whoever starts nonstop service first will gain the largest share of those HI passengers from those cities.

flyfresno

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:39 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
It is why I have said there are several western cities shown in the State of Hawaii data that could be considered for less than daily Hawaii flights based on their total traffic. Currently travelers have multiple airlines to choose for connections to Hawaii. Whoever starts nonstop service first will gain the largest share of those HI passengers from those cities.

You could also see a mini "flood" after the first airline announces, similar to how FAT-GDL gained a second carrier only a matter of days after the route was (re) announced. This would especially be true if WN was the first carrier to "move" on cities where AS has built up a large presence like BOI and GEG (and maybe FAT). I could easily see a total of 3-4 weekly flights split among 2 carriers in all three of those markets, with announcements coming within weeks of eachother.

SANFan

Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Wneast wrote:
SANFan wrote:

bb

I'm saying that AUS Is a popular market right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see increased traffic from many places to that destination,including from some of AS's hubs and focus cities, and by multiple cx. AS is trying to make sure that their routes to that city are well covered, with some new ones thrown in as possible -- like BOI. (If the routes do well they will add capacity.) AS, unlike WN, has the option of putting larger (or smaller) a/c on the flights to finely tune capacity while offering a choice of times.

I know that SAN-AUS is now set for triple-daily service in the next month or so. WN used to operate 3 flights daily in the market and is now at 2. There must be traffic and AS appears to be aggressively going after it. (All 3 r/t from SAN are currently served by EMJs but mainline upgrades could happen.)

I also wonder if the addition of red-eyes between SEA/PDX & AUS might be due to gate congestion for AS in Texas? I haven't really carefully looked at AUS skeds but I'd bet AS has a lot of a/c spending the night there. Just a thought.

bb

Aliqiout

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:54 pm

flyfresno wrote:
ASFlyer wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

So, with Alaska basically retiring its Airbus fleet, it would appear BOI would need to be on the 737-9 MAX if they flew it? I'm not so sure they could make it work on the -800 without blocking seats a lot of the time going over, that's a long flight (although not a lot longer than ANC-HNL and they make that work).

Based on that, the possible airlines/aircraft for BOI-HNL would be HA on the 321 NEO, AS on the 737-9 MAX, and WN on the 737-8 MAX. Being as the MAX is so new at AS, HA would be a completely new carrier to BOI, and WN would still have plenty of connecting options on days that a non-stop doesn't operate, I gotta give the odds to WN on this one.

BOI is only slightly longer, but ANC-HNL doesn't have to fight westerly winds.

32andBelow

Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:04 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
ASFlyer wrote:

BOI is only slightly longer, but ANC-HNL doesn't have to fight westerly winds.

Pineapple Express goes straight from Hawaii to Alaska sometimes.

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:29 am

flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

You could also see a mini "flood" after the first airline announces, similar to how FAT-GDL gained a second carrier only a matter of days after the route was (re) announced. This would especially be true if WN was the first carrier to "move" on cities where AS has built up a large presence like BOI and GEG (and maybe FAT). I could easily see a total of 3-4 weekly flights split among 2 carriers in all three of those markets, with announcements coming within weeks of eachother.

That would be super interesting and I kinda think they would do retaliate some how if southwest is the first to strike in BOI And GEG since Alaska is strong there

Runway765

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:43 am

SANFan wrote:

bb

Honestly, I believe between AS and AA, they are pretty much locking up the legacy of choice title there. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually (down the road) challenged WN for the overall leader at AUS.

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:50 am

Wneast wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

That would be super interesting and I kinda think they would do retaliate some how if southwest is the first to strike in BOI And GEG since Alaska is strong there

WN could seriously mess Alaska up if they got on SEAANC with dirt cheap fairs.

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:52 am

32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:
flyfresno wrote:

I feel like WN is more likely to go at Alaska in PDX

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:04 am

Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:

If they got on the Alaska trunk routes with low fairs people would start switching rapidly.

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:08 am

32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

If they got on the Alaska trunk routes with low fairs people would start switching rapidly.

I wonder if we could see a battle between the two again in places like SEA, GEG, BOI unless WN wants to loss importance in places like GEG And BOI with Alaska growing

flyfresno

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:13 am

32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

I can't see WN going into more than ANC and FAI, maybe (big maybe) JNU. WN won't touch some of those super small out-stations like OME and BRW with a 10 foot pole...

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:21 am

flyfresno wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:

I can't see WN going into more than ANC and FAI, maybe (big maybe) JNU. WN won't touch some of those super small out-stations like OME and BRW with a 10 foot pole...

I know BUt 5-10 a day into Anc would be right in Alaska’s shorts. This is what I’d be worried about if they start all out war with WN

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:24 am

32andBelow wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

I know BUt 5-10 a day into Anc would be right in Alaska’s shorts. This is what I’d be worried about if they start all out war with WN

Would just SEA and just ANC see a expansion of the wanted to go to all out war with them In the Pacific Northwest ?

QXorVX

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:27 am

32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

AS has defended ANC-SEA/ANC-PDX very well in the past and will continue to do so in the future. WN could probably flow some of their regular flyers in the peak summer season on a limited basis, but making major inroads would be pretty unlikely. Hard to compete with up to 20 daily flights and already pretty decent fares. Not to mention AS has a cost advantage to WN and a massively loyal following on both sides of that route.

The way things have been going for Southwest this year with trying anything and everything with the network I have gone from doubting they would ever try ANC to surprised they haven't. I can only assume it is a function of where to fly from ANC. The easiest two city pairs (SEA/PDX) will be a major battle. The rest (OAK/PHX/DEN/LAX/LAS) take a pretty big chuck of one plane's schedule for a very seasonal and now competitive market. I won't say never anymore, but if Bellingham makes the list first, ANC must be a pretty low priority.

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:30 am

QXorVX wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:

AS has defended ANC-SEA/ANC-PDX very well in the past and will continue to do so in the future. WN could probably flow some of their regular flyers in the peak summer season on a limited basis, but making major inroads would be pretty unlikely. Hard to compete with up to 20 daily flights and already pretty decent fares. Not to mention AS has a cost advantage to WN and a massively loyal following on both sides of that route.

The way things have been going for Southwest this year with trying anything and everything with the network I have gone from doubting they would ever try ANC to surprised they haven't. I can only assume it is a function of where to fly from ANC. The easiest two city pairs (SEA/PDX) will be a major battle. The rest (OAK/PHX/DEN/LAX/LAS) take a pretty big chuck of one plane's schedule for a very seasonal and now competitive market. I won't say never anymore, but if Bellingham makes the list first, ANC must be a pretty low priority.

People love southwest. And no ones tried to come into ANC with big volume. Delta a little but they are expensive. If WN did SEA PDX DEN. Oh man...people are loyal to Alaska out of necessity more than anything

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:31 am

QXorVX wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:

It makes me wonder if they are waiting to maybe put the max on it to make the route more efficient

QXorVX

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:37 am

32andBelow wrote:
QXorVX wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

People love southwest. And no ones tried to come into ANC with big volume. Delta a little but they are expensive. If WN did SEA PDX DEN. Oh man...people are loyal to Alaska out of necessity more than anything

A lot of what passengers may love about Southwest is currently offered by Alaska (to Alaska residents) and achievable by having an Alaska Airlines credit card. WN will not be able to out price AS, Alaska Airlines has a lower average cost to operate than Southwest.

Personal opinion only, but in the light of Club49/Credit Card holder think Southwest provides a slightly less desirable product.

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:38 am

QXorVX wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
QXorVX wrote:

A lot of what passengers may love about Southwest is currently offered by Alaska (to Alaska residents) and achievable by having an Alaska Airlines credit card. WN will not be able to out price AS, Alaska Airlines has a lower average cost to operate than Southwest.

Personal opinion only, but in the light of Club49/Credit Card holder think Southwest provides a slightly less desirable product.

To me it’s about the greater domestic network. If they offered ANCDEN you got some great eastbound stuff

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:42 am

32andBelow wrote:
QXorVX wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

To me it’s about the greater domestic network. If they offered ANCDEN you got some great eastbound stuff

Does anybody have any guesses where they think Alaska’s is going to expand next there Hawaii routes but I think that’s with existing planes and does Alaska just announce a couple new routes at a time the have done that the past two weeks

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:44 am

Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
QXorVX wrote:

Does anybody have any guesses where they think Alaska’s is going to expand next there Hawaii routes but I think that’s with existing planes and does Alaska just announce a couple new routes at a time the have done that the past two weeks

Are they fully back on Hawaii yet? I don’t believe they are operating all their previous flights from Alaska to Hawaii yet.

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:45 am

32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

Are they fully back on Hawaii yet? I don’t believe they are operating all their previous flights from Alaska to Hawaii yet.

There aren’t back but I mean the planes coming from them cutting Oakland to Hawaii

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:15 am

32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

Do you know if they are set to announce more at BOI soon or will we not see more tel fall

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:58 am

Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Do you know if they are set to announce more at BOI soon or will we not see more tel fall

I think all the airlines will just announce whatever they thing can make money for the next couple quarters whenever they come up with it

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:01 am

32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

I think all the airlines will just announce whatever they thing can make money for the next couple quarters whenever they come up with it

Should be interesting to see what the add at BOI it seems that is growing for them ? I’m thinking JFK, DFW, PHX maybe some other ones SNA if they have a slot and if they can find a way to do Hawaii by the end of the year

Aliqiout

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:10 am

32andBelow wrote:
QXorVX wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

...but AS/AA has a bigger domestic network than WN.

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:22 am

Aliqiout wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
QXorVX wrote:

Hopefully they keep year round service to ORD. It’s not like you can get from OME to DFW very easily to exploit this relationship.

wedgetail737

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:28 am

32andBelow wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

Hopefully they keep year round service to ORD. It’s not like you can get from OME to DFW very easily to exploit this relationship.

Maybe as AS gets more and more MAX airplanes, AS will consider ANC-DFW...and maybe ANC-PHX.

alasizon

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:29 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:

Maybe as AS gets more and more MAX airplanes, AS will consider ANC-DFW...and maybe ANC-PHX.

ANC-PHX is already flown.

MAH4546

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:43 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:

AS operates ANCPHX.

seahawks7757

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:06 am

32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:
flyfresno wrote:

Why does everyone always say that WN has dirt cheap fairs? I am always looking at them when booking out of Seattle, Alaska and Delta are almost always cheaper then Southwest no matter the market. Old Southwest may have been cheaper, not so much in the last 15 years or so.

32andBelow

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:41 am

alasizon wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

That’s another north and south route. Alaska is extremely weak going east from Alaska. Delta has flights to MSP. UA to DEN and ORD. AS your going south and not making much ground.

iAmAlaska49

Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:29 am

32andBelow wrote:
alasizon wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

That’s another north and south route. Alaska is extremely weak going east from Alaska. Delta has flights to MSP. UA to DEN and ORD. AS your going south and not making much ground.

I Don't know if you've even been paying attention to their announcements at all but AS has announced ANC-DEN, ANC-LAS, and ANC-MSP. ANC-ORD is seasonal for both AS and UA.

PHX and LAS will be year round service as well.

AS also announced that ANC-OGG will be year round too.

QXorVX

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:46 pm

32andBelow wrote:
alasizon wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Seattle is not just straight south, you are making eastward progress on that flight. Total flight time with connections via Seattle to nearly every major US city will be within an hour or so of a connection from DEN.

I think it is a difficult argument to make that WN would be able to make a difference by both offering scale at a low price (5+ daily) on SEA-ANC while also offering more eastwardly connections by routes like ANC-DEN. The cities you can connect via DEN on Southwest are all already offered on DL and UA year round (via MSP or DEN). So it would not be a new option, just a different one. In the summer they could probably fill a DEN flight, and maybe even a SEA flight, with lower 48 Southwest flyers looking to get to Alaska. But I don't think it would be due to low fares nor because of eastward connections. In the summer every airline operating ANC offers both of those. This circles back to my original point, is it worth it to Southwest to operate the long-haul there and back for such a competitive fare environment.

sxf24

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:57 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:

AS flies ANC-PHX.

MIflyer12

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:23 pm

flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

That's a fine example of the monkey-see monkey-do nonsense that can be found in (reactionary) U.S. route planning. If a route was marginal for one carrier (and it was, or somebody would have been flying it years ago!), then it probably can't support two.

One sees it all the time expressed on a.net. 'What's Delta going to do to compete with AA SEA-BLR?!' Probably nothing, if they're smart.

durangomac

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:58 pm

seahawks7757 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Why does everyone always say that WN has dirt cheap fairs? I am always looking at them when booking out of Seattle, Alaska and Delta are almost always cheaper then Southwest no matter the market. Old Southwest may have been cheaper, not so much in the last 15 years or so.

I've been saying this for years. The only reason WN is handy in my opinion is their simplified fare structure and fairly large network. Unless you happen to get one of the small number of dirt cheap fares they have almost always been more expensive for me. I think people get tunnel vision when they look at WN's site and see the fares since they can't see them on the other sites many people aren't seeing them side by side.

flyfresno

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:00 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

That's a fine example of the monkey-see monkey-do nonsense that can be found in (reactionary) U.S. route planning. If a route was marginal for one carrier (and it was, or somebody would have been flying it years ago!), then it probably can't support two.

One sees it all the time expressed on a.net. 'What's Delta going to do to compete with AA SEA-BLR?!' Probably nothing, if they're smart.

On the flip side of that, it's been 10 years since AM and Y4 announced FAT-GDL within a few days of eachother, and now FAT is one of the strongest int'l markets from GDL, with as many as 4 flights per day (night), surpassing many of the markets that had non-stops before flights re-started. So, it can go both ways...

Aliqiout

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:09 pm

32andBelow wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

AA flies ANC-DFW, AS and AA will fly ANC-PHX, AS and AA fly ANC-ORD, AS will fly ANC-MSP, AA will fly FAI-DFW, AS flies ANC-LAX, and there are 20+ flights a day to SEA which has AS connections to almost every major domestic population center.

Even when WN adds Alaska service it will be extremly unlikely for them to enter OME. I think more competition is always good, but WN will not be able to offer more utility than AS anytime soon.

FATFlyer

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:47 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:

I will agree with most of what you said. But I would disagree with the part I highlighted.

Cities grow, economies change, and customer choices/preferences change. A route may switch from marginal to profitable (or sometimes the other way around). Then an airline adds a route that now looks profitable. Sometimes 2 airlines attempt it to battle over who will win the now-profitable route.

WN732

Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:54 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I will agree with most of what you said. But I would disagree with the part I highlighted.

Cities grow, economies change, and customer choices/preferences change. A route may switch from marginal to profitable (or sometimes the other way around). Then an airline adds a route that now looks profitable. Sometimes 2 airlines attempt it to battle over who will win the now-profitable route.

FAT is the picturesque example of a city that continues to grow, noticeably in the 3 years I lived there 16-19'.

MAH4546

Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:54 pm

I've heard Miami announcement could happen soon.

Wneast

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:25 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
I've heard Miami announcement could happen soon.

Like next couple weeks ?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos