Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyLEN2019

Re: Fresno Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:24 pm

ER757 wrote:
I flew into and out of FAT over the weekend, first time I've been there in a couple years. I was impressed with the number of mainline flights by AA, UA and WN. In the couple hours i was there Sunday AA had A320's and 737's from all their hubs (PHX, DFW, ORD) and there was a UA Airbus at a gate that I don't recall where it came from. WN had a couple flights as well. My flights from/to SEA were on E175's and both were completely full - seems air travel is making a comeback

The UA A319 came in from DEN. I’m also flying out of FAT next Tuesday in the morning so I’ll get to see the morning departures myself.

FlyLEN2019

Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:05 pm

WN’s schedule release today was a bummer for FAT. Nothing new at all.

FATFlyer

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:16 pm

FlyLEN2019 wrote:

Few new routes added at any of the newer stations and most of those new routes in this extension are seasonal/weekly/less than daily.

FAT and the other new WN stations need some more time to mature.

WN732

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:18 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
FlyLEN2019 wrote:

Few new routes added at any of the newer stations and most of those new routes in this extension are seasonal/weekly/less than daily.

And the ones that did were added quite a while back before Fresno. I am just glad that they are there at all.

Wneast

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 pm

WN732 wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
FlyLEN2019 wrote:

And the ones that did were added quite a while back before Fresno. I am just glad that they are there at all.

Yeah it might take a couple more months before Fresno gets to the point that they will add new flights and chances are we see more add from them soon

FATFlyer

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:23 pm

Off topic but close enough to mention.

BFL says it is now busier than the same period in 2019.

BFL May 2021 - 11,630 enplaned passengers
BFL May 2019 - 10,929 enplaned passengers
http://www.bakersfield.com/news/meadows-field-rebounds-to-pre-pandemic-levels/article_513437ee-c961-11eb-af55-afdd0ee39d60.html

It would be nice to see FAT touting some May overall summary numbers, the first full month of WN flights. Instead the newest numbers available on FAT's website or in the media are still March.

Wneast

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:27 pm

Will i don’t think this is good news that WN amount of gates in SAN are getting cut in half until the new terminal 1 built there probably not helping the chance of a WN FAT-SAN when they will be limited on space

ER757

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:13 pm

FATFlyer wrote:

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/meadows-field-rebounds-to-pre-pandemic-levels/article_513437ee-c961-11eb-af55-afdd0ee39d60.html

It would be nice to see FAT touting some May overall summary numbers, the first full month of WN flights. Instead the newest numbers available on FAT's website or in the media are still March.

I always wondered why AS doesn't send at least one flight a day SEA/BFL - they've got multiple dailies to FAT and the BFL metro area is at least as populous. There's agribusiness and Halliburton down there too

AirBrian

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm

ER757 wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

I always wondered why AS doesn't send at least one flight a day SEA/BFL - they've got multiple dailies to FAT and the BFL metro area is at least as populous. There's agribusiness and Halliburton down there too
I would think the Fresno metro area is much bigger than bfl.

flyfresno

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:15 pm

AirBrian wrote:
ER757 wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

I would think the Fresno metro area is much bigger than bfl.

Fresno's MSA is bigger than Bakersfield's, but by less than 150k people. However, FAT's catchment area is arguably much larger than BFL's, and some have even put Bakersfield within FAT's catchment area. Ironically, back when CO/UA operated BFL-IAH, there was some leakage from Fresno to BFL to take those flights, but those days are likely gone, and FAT will probably continue to pull from the Bakersfield region way more than the other way.

SEA-BFL would be a good route, and I think it's currently the top target of their management.

flyfresno

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:25 pm

FlyLEN2019 wrote:

One thing I found interesting was how they are offering a half dozen or so "four off" routes that they are basically just operating a few trips on Saturdays around the holidays (DEN-BZE and SYR-MCO were two examples). FAT-HNL would probably be a great target for that sort of thing (I'm a bit surprised it's not there, but they didn't announce any of these types of services from Hawaii), but maybe WN will try it from FAT in the future.

Wneast

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:33 pm

flyfresno wrote:
FlyLEN2019 wrote:

One thing I found interesting was how they are offering a half dozen or so "four off" routes that they are basically just operating a few trips on Saturdays around the holidays (DEN-BZE and SYR-MCO were two examples). FAT-HNL would probably be a great target for that sort of thing (I'm a bit surprised it's not there, but they didn't announce any of these types of services from Hawaii), but maybe WN will try it from FAT in the future.

Totally agree smaller cities like FAT, BOI, GEG could have hawaii tried this way and if it works they make year around or more then one day a week

AirBrian

Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:54 pm

Any numbers on how full AA flights to ORD have been so far? Flying united to ORD in July and hoping the are back to mainline by then

flyfresno

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:29 am

I'm not sure how much you can believe seat maps, but I'd guess they are filling 130-140 seats on every flight looking at them...

ericm2031

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:22 am

AirBrian wrote:
Any numbers on how full AA flights to ORD have been so far? Flying united to ORD in July and hoping the are back to mainline by then

July schedule is final, no mainline.

whatusaid

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:02 am

As to WN’s schedule extension, it’s early to add another market. Granted, there would appear to be a number of sold out flights each week, but that’s not an indicator of the booking curve. I’d think they are interested to see how well FAT looks in September as an indicator as to whether the WN factor sticks. If they do add, it would not surprise me that PHX happens before winter, to provide an option to DEN instead of adding a 2nd DEN.

On another topic, if you believe seat maps, DL to SEA on Saturdays is a dog. 60 empty seats this week. Anyone know for certain?

flyfresno

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:11 pm

whatusaid wrote:
As to WN’s schedule extension, it’s early to add another market. Granted, there would appear to be a number of sold out flights each week, but that’s not an indicator of the booking curve. I’d think they are interested to see how well FAT looks in September as an indicator as to whether the WN factor sticks. If they do add, it would not surprise me that PHX happens before winter, to provide an option to DEN instead of adding a 2nd DEN.

On another topic, if you believe seat maps, DL to SEA on Saturdays is a dog. 60 empty seats this week. Anyone know for certain?

Good question. The price headed *to* FAT is nearly double the price from FAT. If the pricing for those flights follows the bucket model, then we could assume that the inbound flight has far more pax than the outbound flight. That would make sense if these flights are geared toward people coming to Fresno to vacation in the parks.

Side note: comfort is only $30 more than economy on both of those flights...anyone know if comfort includes checked bags? If so, seems like a no brainer...

bd777

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:34 pm

Heads up all, we're not even into what I would consider to be the peak of summer travel and the main parking lot across from the terminal is full today, per the airport's twitter page:

https://twitter.com/FresnoAirport/statu ... 1405427713

That parking garage cannot come fast enough.

flyfresno

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:15 pm

bd777 wrote:
Heads up all, we're not even into what I would consider to be the peak of summer travel and the main parking lot across from the terminal is full today, per the airport's twitter page:

This has already happened once, and it's going to continue off and on throughout the summer. Terminal facilities will be even worse, as construction hasn't even begun yet.

Wneast

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Fresno needs to get there act together like two new gates there going to be full day one they need at least 6 new gates

FATFlyer

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:53 pm

whatusaid wrote:

PHX would make sense as the next WN route. About the same number of connecting cities as LAS. But depending upon the schedule PHX would provide connections to some of the Mexico resort areas which LAS does not provide.

I never did quite figure out what market DL sought with the Sat-only FAT-SEA. Times did not really work well for an Alaska cruise restart. Tourists spending a week at either end seemed longer that might happen.

FATFlyer

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:59 pm

bd777 wrote:

It is the 3rd weekend this year they have said the main parking lot is full. Also said it....

Saturday May 22 announced main lot was full (also warned travelers on Fri May 21 main lot was nearly full):
https://twitter.com/FresnoAirport/status/1396157788485681152

Saturday May 29 announced main lot was full:
https://twitter.com/FresnoAirport/status/1398667236093489165

FATFlyer

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:16 pm

Wneast wrote:
Fresno needs to get there act together like two new gates there going to be full day one they need at least 6 new gates

I don't know about 6 new gates but 3 or 4 instead of 2 might make sense.

The 2 new gates will be swing FIS/domestic gates. They will be busy overnight with the current and any future redeye international flights. That means no RON parking at the new gates. Domestic flight use will have to be towed aircraft and in/out daytime flights probably for someone like G4 or F9.

But there will be an issue when the current single story concourse is rebuilt/replaced in the future. That will remove multiple current gates from use during construction. The timing of that project will need to be around having gates available to relocate the flights currently using the single story concourse.

whatusaid

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:45 pm

flyfresno wrote:
bd777 wrote:

This has already happened once, and it's going to continue off and on throughout the summer. Terminal facilities will be even worse, as construction hasn't even begun yet.

I believe it’s the third time. If AS had gone ahead with plans to upsize to 738’s on two SEA, AA stayed with planned upsizing to 2 319’s to PHX, and if WN had added PHX, think of the mess. There’s no incentive to an airline to add flights if the airport cannot accommodate the traffic.

flyfresno

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:11 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:

The 2 new gates will be swing FIS/domestic gates. They will be busy overnight with the current and any future redeye international flights. That means no RON parking at the new gates. Domestic flight use will have to be towed aircraft and in/out daytime flights probably for someone like G4 or F9.

But there will be an issue when the current single story concourse is rebuilt/replaced in the future. That will remove multiple current gates from use during construction. The timing of that project will need to be around having gates available to relocate the flights currently using the single story concourse.

I think 4 jetways would be a good number considering the eventual need to rebuild the "spine" of the terminal. That would bring the total jetways to 11, to be reduced to 10 for the rebuild. Then, they could rebuild the lower level in sections, with at least two lower level gates remaining to handle UA's CRJs. 3 of those 4 new gates would need to be international capable to handle Mexico demand. 11 jetways would mean 3X AA, 2X AS (+1 ground), 2X WN, 2X DL, 1X UA (+2 ground), 1X G4, with F9 being fit in when needed and the Mexican carriers sharing after RON tow-aways.

FlyLEN2019

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:37 pm

flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
Wneast wrote:

I think 4 jetways would be a good number considering the eventual need to rebuild the "spine" of the terminal. That would bring the total jetways to 11, to be reduced to 10 for the rebuild. Then, they could rebuild the lower level in sections, with at least two lower level gates remaining to handle UA's CRJs. 3 of those 4 new gates would need to be international capable to handle Mexico demand. 11 jetways would mean 3X AA, 2X AS (+1 ground), 2X WN, 2X DL, 1X UA (+2 ground), 1X G4, with F9 being fit in when needed and the Mexican carriers sharing after RON tow-aways.

I like this idea. I could see G4’s gate in your example host all the F9 flights and flights for other LCCs like NK or SY if they ever start service to FAT.

flyfresno

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:42 am

flyfresno wrote:
whatusaid wrote:

Good question. The price headed *to* FAT is nearly double the price from FAT. If the pricing for those flights follows the bucket model, then we could assume that the inbound flight has far more pax than the outbound flight. That would make sense if these flights are geared toward people coming to Fresno to vacation in the parks.

Side note: comfort is only $30 more than economy on both of those flights...anyone know if comfort includes checked bags? If so, seems like a no brainer...

Looks like 32 pax seated now on the map, probably because basic fares started checking in. Still fairly open, but better than it looked when you checked!

However, the even better news is that both coach and comfort are showing *SOLD OUT* on the SEA-FAT leg tomorrow!

Wingtips56

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:06 am

AA FAT-ORD-FAT loads look great, though I don't think I can divulge numbers. Not oversold, but an A320 would be. F is not selling well, however.

flyfresno

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:37 am

Wingtips56 wrote:
AA FAT-ORD-FAT loads look great, though I don't think I can divulge numbers. Not oversold, but an A320 would be. F is not selling well, however.

I wonder what airline sells the highest % of first class tickets from FAT (not upgrades but actual F sales). Highest total number would almost assuredly be AA due to their overall total seats, and UA is difficult to factor in because they have so few first class seats out of FAT, but I'd have to guess either DL or AS do the best overall by %.

whatusaid

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:02 pm

flyfresno wrote:
Wingtips56 wrote:

I wonder what airline sells the highest % of first class tickets from FAT (not upgrades but actual F sales). Highest total number would almost assuredly be AA due to their overall total seats, and UA is difficult to factor in because they have so few first class seats out of FAT, but I'd have to guess either DL or AS do the best overall by %.

March T100's are posted. Overall domestic departing seats were 68.5% full. Weak markets are AS to LAX, the afternoon flight at 34%. LAX in general is weak. SAN @ 61%, which is up dramatically from the COVID era. SLC is weak as compared to DFW, PHX, DEN, hovering around 50%. AA's 738s to DFW @ 86% (which seems pretty much normal). F9 recovering @ 76%. The market to watch is LAS - G4 between a mix of 320's and 319's was about 60% full, approx 4900 outbound pax. By May, I'd think that LAS will replace DFW as the traffic leader if we assume WN loads 300/day.

SANFan

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:21 pm

whatusaid wrote:
March T100's are posted. Overall domestic departing seats were 68.5% full. ... SAN @ 61%, which is up dramatically from the COVID era. SLC is weak as compared to DFW, PHX, DEN, hovering around 50%. AA's 738s to DFW @ 86% (which seems pretty much normal). F9 recovering @ 76%. The market to watch is LAS - G4 between a mix of 320's and 319's was about 60% full, approx 4900 outbound pax.

I'm hopeful, reading the above numbers, that AS will add at least 1 more SAN-flight later this year. The goal is 4 flights but if the stats continue along the same line, I could certainly see another frequency, and hopefully with much better timing!

The n/b flights effective with the 6/17 sked are pretty good with wide spread departures from SAN at 7:50am and 7:45pm! But the s/b flights will depart FAT at 7am and less than 3 hours later, at 9:50am... Not so great. (And AFAIK, this is apparently the schedule we'll see at least thru August. Grumble, grumble...)

bb

FATFlyer

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:09 pm

Parking problems are causing people to ignore signs and park in open areas.
https://twitter.com/Impatientlee/status/1403523648602796032

The airport is also receiving social media complaints about problems with the food concessions. Early closures, mid-day kitchen closure for breaks, pre-packaged food running out at both the stores and Starbucks. If true, HMS Host needs to ramp up to match the increased passenger traffic.

flyfresno

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:55 pm

FATFlyer wrote:

The airport is also receiving social media complaints about problems with the food concessions. Early closures, mid-day kitchen closure for breaks, pre-packaged food running out at both the stores and Starbucks. If true, HMS Host needs to ramp up to match the increased passenger traffic.

This is a persistent problem at quite a few airports. ATL has been particularly bad as of late, with many food options closing at 5 or 6pm (with two flight banks left to go!) and lines of 50+ people at the ones that do stay open, but there are other airports too with similar issues. As much as I detest fast food, FAT probably needs to look at a 24 hour or nearly 24 hour (4am-2am?) fast food place like McDonalds (Shake Shack would be good too but I'm not holding my breath) that has mobile order options and make sure it's staffed that whole time. Then, advertise the mobile order pre-security and tell people to order while in the TSA line...better to have your burger or nuggets sit for 15 or 20 minutes than not have any food at all. Starbucks is all fine and good for coffee but also not a great option for a meal.

FATFlyer

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:11 pm

flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

This is a persistent problem at quite a few airports. ATL has been particularly bad as of late, with many food options closing at 5 or 6pm (with two flight banks left to go!) and lines of 50+ people at the ones that do stay open, but there are other airports too with similar issues. As much as I detest fast food, FAT probably needs to look at a 24 hour or nearly 24 hour (4am-2am?) fast food place like McDonalds (Shake Shack would be good too but I'm not holding my breath) that has mobile order options and make sure it's staffed that whole time. Then, advertise the mobile order pre-security and tell people to order while in the TSA line...better to have your burger or nuggets sit for 15 or 20 minutes than not have any food at all. Starbucks is all fine and good for coffee but also not a great option for a meal.

What happened to the airport's indoor golf cart taco truck? That was supposed to be the late night food source.
https://twitter.com/FresnoAirport/status/1022205101228748800
I haven't seen or heard about the taco truck in a long time.

whatusaid

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:32 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

What happened to the airport's indoor golf cart taco truck? That was supposed to be the late night food source.

FAT isn't all that much worse now than other airports. LAS outside of D is lousy and few and far between except for Shake, but the line there can be 50 deep. SAN is bad. Couple weeks back, AS was + 3hrs late on one of my SAN-FATs. Hardly anything open. I took an Uber over to El Agave a few minutes away, had a great dinner and breezed through an empty TSA with time to spare. Could be that many places are having hiring problems and that's behind the shortened hours? Anyone been through PHX lately? It's always bad, but now, I'd think best to avoid? Not a friendly time to fly....

flyfresno

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:27 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

What happened is it was awful...on par with a Del Taco, at best. If you are going to have a "taco truck" at the airport of the (arguably) taco capital of the US, at least choose a local taco truck/taqueria (Chuy's, El Premio Mayor, La Elegante, the list goes on...), not some off brand knock-off that tastes like it belongs in Fargo.

FATFlyer

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:39 pm

flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

What happened is it was awful...on par with a Del Taco, at best. If you are going to have a "taco truck" at the airport of the (arguably) taco capital of the US, at least choose a local taco truck/taqueria (Chuy's, El Premio Mayor, La Elegante, the list goes on...), not some off brand knock-off that tastes like it belongs in Fargo.

It was never open when I was at the airport so I never had a chance to try it.

The next concession contract should use a few local brands instead of semi-local names for non-local facilities. The Sequoiascape was about branding and sense of place. The concessions should also reflect a sense of place.

flyfresno

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:09 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

It was never open when I was at the airport so I never had a chance to try it.

The next concession contract should use a few local brands instead of semi-local names for non-local facilities. The Sequoiascape was about branding and sense of place. The concessions should also reflect a sense of place.

Agreed...I know I also advocated for mcdonald's above, but if they can get all the same features from a local place (long hours, mobile ordering, breakfast and lunch/dinner, coffee and tea, etc), then that's even better.

FATFlyer

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:56 pm

FAT administration will be presenting later today as part of the annual Fresno City Council budget hearings.

The posted presentation slides are simply a summary of the budget financial numbers. We will see if anything else is mentioned verbally during the presentation or in the Q&A.

But today's presentation slides include this notable item:

"FAT has the 13th highest COVID-19 recovery rate in the U.S., the highest (1st) in the Western Pacific Region [California, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii] among large, medium and small hub airports, and projects a record year in FY 2022 in terms of passenger activity."
https://fresno.primegov.com/meeting/attachment/20800.pdf?name=Additional%20Information%2021-1913%20FY%2022%20Budget%20Presentation%20Airport%20Final

Impressive to be fastest recovery in the FAA's 4 state region and 13th fastest recovery in the US.

FAT is projecting record passenger numbers in FY2022 (July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022) with O&D of 2,218,000 passengers (19% higher than FY 2019) in the full proposed budget book.
https://www.fresno.gov/finance/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2021/05/FY2022ProposedBudgetWebpagewithLinks.pdf
For FY2021 ending in two weeks, the airport is projecting O&D of 1,201,000 passengers.

FATFlyer

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:14 am

I listened to the budget presentation this afternoon. A few notes I made from the comments from Director of Aviation Kevin Meikle (I believe I have all the numbers/dates correct).

• May saw 107% of prepandemic passenger numbers
  • June saw 113% of prepandemic passenger numbers
  • Even after the new parking garage opens in October, the airport will still be operating at 70%-75% of total parking capacity (including the new additional spaces). According to Meikle, planning for additional parking usually begins when an airport is at 70%-75% of capacity meaning they already will need to look ahead for another garage. (my observation - should have built an additional floor on the new garage)
  • Current FIS can handle about 125 international arrivals per hour. New FIS designed for 400 arriving pax per hour based on consultation with CBP. (my observation - Basically it will be designed to handle 2 simultaneous international arrivals).
  • Concourse expansion construction contract should be presented to council in Feb/March with groundbreaking just a few weeks after approval.
  • Complete opening of expansion in Summer 2024 but some sections such as expanded security screening should open in early 2023.
  • The concession contract expires before the new concourse opens. Plan to release a RFP for new concession contract early in 2022. Will include new expanded concession areas.

flyfresno

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:30 am

FATFlyer wrote:
[*]Concourse expansion construction contract should be presented to council in Feb/March with groundbreaking just a few weeks after approval.
[*]Complete opening of expansion in Summer 2024 but some sections such as expanded security screening should open in early 2023.

Any hint of whether they are re-designing the expansion? Feb/Mar seems like a long ways off, and while there are obviously a lot of complexities that go into designing this type of expansion, maybe they are rethinking it just being two gates?

FATFlyer

Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:06 am

flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
[*]Concourse expansion construction contract should be presented to council in Feb/March with groundbreaking just a few weeks after approval.
[*]Complete opening of expansion in Summer 2024 but some sections such as expanded security screening should open in early 2023.

Any hint of whether they are re-designing the expansion? Feb/Mar seems like a long ways off, and while there are obviously a lot of complexities that go into designing this type of expansion, maybe they are rethinking it just being two gates?

I didn't hear any indication that the expansion would be more than 2 gates at this time. Instead the comment was it is designed to be expanded in the future but no real indication of when that might be.

My guess is that getting Federal sign-offs on the new FIS has slowed the design process. DHS/CBP has to review and approve the FIS design and may have requested changes for security, operational needs, etc. I seem to remember that the design process for the current FIS stretched out long.

FlyLEN2019

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:38 pm

flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

I remember them announcing this expansion them saying that it would be finished before the summer 2022 travel season. This means that this has been pushed back 2 years pretty much.

flyfresno

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:01 pm

FlyLEN2019 wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

I remember them announcing this expansion them saying that it would be finished before the summer 2022 travel season. This means that this has been pushed back 2 years pretty much.

Yep, and at the current growth rate, two more gates opening in 2024 will do little to ease crowding besides adding real customs facilities.

whatusaid

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 pm

WN used 17B on my delayed LAS. Another WN was sitting at 17 that was apparently a causality of yesterday’s IT problem. 17B seemed a better option with no pushback required. The reason B is not used as first option? 280 pax @17 today was not good.

FlyLEN2019

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:22 pm

AS is adding a ton of destinations to BOI making look like it’s becoming a focus city for them. Would an AS FAT-BOI be something we could see in the near future?

flyfresno

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:26 pm

FlyLEN2019 wrote:
AS is adding a ton of destinations to BOI making look like it’s becoming a focus city for them. Would an AS FAT-BOI be something we could see in the near future?

Doubt it...I'm not aware of any companies that have major offices in both cities nor is either a major destination from the other.

FATFlyer

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:41 am

The airport is adjusting its master fee schedule effective July 1.

For passengers, as of July 1 it will be $14/day for parking either in the long-term, or in the credit-card lot or in the new garage. The economy lot will stay at $8/day and short-term hourly rates stay the same as current.

Originally surface lots were to be $12/day with the new garage a premium for covered parking at $15/day instead of the same rate. I am surprised covered parking will now not be a premium.

For airlines, the airport created a new rate setting policy for calculating fees. The policy info and planned full new master fee schedule is in the link below.

Starting July 1, landing fees for both signatory and non-signatory airlines will increase slightly. Signatory landing fees will be $2.93/1,000lbs (up 0.07 cents from last year) and non-signatory will be $3.66/1000lbs (up 0,09 cents).

The FIS fee will decrease slightly to $10.38/pax (down from $12.00 last year).

The larger percentage change I see is in the terminal rent. Signatory airlines will pay this year $67.76/sq ft (up from $52.32 last currently) and non-signatory will pay $84.70/sq ft.

Details in the Council report:
https://fresno.primegov.com/meetings/ItemWithTemplateType?id=22643&meetingTemplateType=2

flyfresno

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:53 am

FATFlyer wrote:

Wonder what's driving this? They can't be going after more international (can they?) with the FIS already so strained. I would have expected them to raise FIS fees a bit and then maybe lower them when the new customs facilities open...

FlyLEN2019

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:59 pm

flyfresno wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

Wonder what's driving this? They can't be going after more international (can they?) with the FIS already so strained. I would have expected them to raise FIS fees a bit and then maybe lower them when the new customs facilities open...

They are probably trying to attract more international service. There isn’t much room for it, but they could also be trying to get the smaller Mexico destinations to have more frequency (I personally think this could be directed at Y4’s MEX service because it’ll decrease the total amount of money needed to operate the flight, as MEX is a super expensive airport to hold slots in)