Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
jplatts
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:04 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
I bet we keep seeing a lot more B6 and WN flying, especially come late fall.


WN adding MIA-IND/MCI/MSY nonstop service are possibilities with IND, MCI, and MSY being top destinations traveled to from FLL on WN.
 
jplatts
Posts: 4528
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:34 pm

G4 does have an opportunity to add some more nonstop routes out of FLL such as FLL-ABQ/DSM/OKC/OMA/TUS/TUL with ABQ, DSM, OKC, OMA, TUS, and TUL being top domestic destinations traveled to from the MIA/FLL market that aren't currently served nonstop from FLL. AA already has nonstop service to MIA from DSM, OKC, OMA, and TUL on at least a seasonal basis, but there is currently no nonstop LCC/ULCC service to the MIA/FLL market from DSM, OKC, OMA, and TUL. ABQ and TUS are also two of the top remaining contiguous U.S. destinations without any nonstop service to MIA or FLL.

Will G4 take advantage of the opportunity to add routes such as FLL-ABQ/DSM/OKC/OMA/TUS/TUL?
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Frontier has announced new routes from MIA:

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (5x weekly) on June 10; Nassau, Bahamas (4x weekly) on June 24; San Jose, Costa Rica (2x weekly) on July 2; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles (1x weekly) on July 10.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:59 am

EK2629 MIA-DXB? What is the reason of this flight?
Cíao
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26606
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:55 am

Geminijets101 wrote:
EK2629 MIA-DXB? What is the reason of this flight?


Emirates runs regularly scheduled cargo service to Miami.
a.
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:23 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Geminijets101 wrote:
EK2629 MIA-DXB? What is the reason of this flight?


Emirates runs regularly scheduled cargo service to Miami.


It’s civilian though. A6-ENM
Cíao
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26606
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Geminijets101 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Geminijets101 wrote:
EK2629 MIA-DXB? What is the reason of this flight?


Emirates runs regularly scheduled cargo service to Miami.


It’s civilian though. A6-ENM


Yes, they operate many cargo flights with passenger planes at the moment.
a.
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:14 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
MAH4546 wrote:
Geminijets101 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Emirates runs regularly scheduled cargo service to Miami.


It’s civilian though. A6-ENM


Yes, they operate many cargo flights with passenger planes at the moment.


Ahhh, I see
Cíao
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:36 pm

Gol plans to resume four times weekly Fortaleza-Miami service on November 1, 2021.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:46 pm

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport traffic highlights for March 2021:

Passengers: 2.3 million, +19.1% year-on-year;
Domestic: 2.1 million, +35.3%;
International: 257,460, -39.1%;

Cargo: 7877 tons, +3.4%;
Freight: 7734 tons, +2.0%;
Mail: 143 tons, +307.4%;

Aircraft movements: 24,059, -5.8%.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
ojjunior
Posts: 1030
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:31 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Miami wrote:
Gol plans to resume four times weekly Fortaleza-Miami service on November 1, 2021.


What about the short lived BSB-MIA with the Max8?
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26606
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:08 am

More new Southwest flying.

Fort Lauderdale gains daily to Chicago-O'Hare and Cleveland on June 6th.

Miami gains daily to New Orleans on June 6th and Saturday to Columbus, Indianapolis, Kansas City and Milwaukee on June 12th.
a.
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:00 am

MAH4546 wrote:
More new Southwest flying.

Fort Lauderdale gains daily to Chicago-O'Hare and Cleveland on June 6th.

Miami gains daily to New Orleans on June 6th and Saturday to Columbus, Indianapolis, Kansas City and Milwaukee on June 12th.

Great adds for both airports. Shows they are committed to So. Fla.
 
User avatar
Geminijets101
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun May 09, 2021 11:46 pm

With Alaska Air in One world, will they ever make a return to Miami?
Cíao
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Hearing that Aer Lingus is looking at returning to Miami in the winter.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 5:23 pm

MIA Moving Forward With North Terminal Expansion After American Airlines Gives Green Light:
https://www.thenextmiami.com/mia-moving ... een-light/
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
N62NA
Posts: 4517
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:05 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 5:52 pm

Miami wrote:
MIA Moving Forward With North Terminal Expansion After American Airlines Gives Green Light:
https://www.thenextmiami.com/mia-moving ... een-light/


Nice, though the rendering in the article doesn't show actual gates connecting to the planes, but if gates connecting to the planes is the plan, that's good!
 
mugler
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 6:36 pm

From the article: "Sola said that complaints about the current regional facility are among the top complaints he hears. The reason – politicians are frequent users of the gate, since flights to Tallahassee depart from D60."

I really hope they flew from the F or G gates instead to see how outdated, ugly, and a mess they are compared to the other terminals.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26606
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 8:41 pm

Despite long haul traffic still lacking, MIA is now seeing roughly 80% of traffic levels compared to a year ago. Excellent.
a.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed May 12, 2021 9:50 pm

Geminijets101 wrote:
With Alaska Air in One world, will they ever make a return to Miami?


They should. Soon enough we may just hear an announcement.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Miami International Airport Going Full Speed With $5B Capital Improvement Program In 2021:
https://www.thenextmiami.com/miami-inte ... t-program/
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
s4popo
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:36 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 6:34 pm

I wonder what the $5B expansion will do to the fees at MIA.

There's a part of me that wonders if there are opportunities for passenger flights out of Homestead AFB? Would provide nice relief to the south the same way FLL does to the north. Surely building a terminal there would be less expensive than expanding MIA to the west.
 
MIAFLLPBIFlyer
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu May 13, 2021 8:04 pm

s4popo wrote:
I wonder what the $5B expansion will do to the fees at MIA.

There's a part of me that wonders if there are opportunities for passenger flights out of Homestead AFB? Would provide nice relief to the south the same way FLL does to the north. Surely building a terminal there would be less expensive than expanding MIA to the west.


This is a 20-year old convo. I don't think most Dade residents want Homestead AFB/RAB having a commercial enclave unless something has changed.
 
s4popo
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:36 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 5:01 pm

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
This is a 20-year old convo. I don't think most Dade residents want Homestead AFB/RAB having a commercial enclave unless something has changed.


I think most residents would welcome the additional option. The problem is the environmentalists. I am a hardcore tree-hugger and do not understand their arguments. It's not like the airport is in the middle of the Everglades.
 
MIAFLLPBIFlyer
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 pm

s4popo wrote:
MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
This is a 20-year old convo. I don't think most Dade residents want Homestead AFB/RAB having a commercial enclave unless something has changed.


I think most residents would welcome the additional option. The problem is the environmentalists. I am a hardcore tree-hugger and do not understand their arguments. It's not like the airport is in the middle of the Everglades.


Ironic you mention that, part of it is the legacy of the Everglades Jetport fight which was an awakening for environmentalists down here. I think this fight circa 2000 was headed by many who had been veterans of that.

I do think at this point it's pretty much a needed thing. FLL is at max capacity and MIA is nearing that. Then again who knows how long it takes for air travel to rebound after Covid. Time will tell.
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 pm

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
s4popo wrote:
I wonder what the $5B expansion will do to the fees at MIA.

There's a part of me that wonders if there are opportunities for passenger flights out of Homestead AFB? Would provide nice relief to the south the same way FLL does to the north. Surely building a terminal there would be less expensive than expanding MIA to the west.


This is a 20-year old convo. I don't think most Dade residents want Homestead AFB/RAB having a commercial enclave unless something has changed.

I’d also add that I don’t believe it would add much in the way of relief from MIA/FLL due to its location and the way the population of the area is distributed and where the business and main tourism attractions are.
 
s4popo
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:36 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu May 20, 2021 12:37 am

Brickell305 wrote:
I’d also add that I don’t believe it would add much in the way of relief from MIA/FLL due to its location and the way the population of the area is distributed and where the business and main tourism attractions are.


You are thinking about incoming tourists. There's is plenty of demand for outbound traffic (Homestead, Cutler Bay, Palmetto Bay, etc.) It could also be marketed as a gateway to the Keys for incoming tourists. I can certainly see Allegiant set up shop.
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1397
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu May 20, 2021 12:57 am

s4popo wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
I’d also add that I don’t believe it would add much in the way of relief from MIA/FLL due to its location and the way the population of the area is distributed and where the business and main tourism attractions are.


You are thinking about incoming tourists. There's is plenty of demand for outbound traffic (Homestead, Cutler Bay, Palmetto Bay, etc.) It could also be marketed as a gateway to the Keys for incoming tourists. I can certainly see Allegiant set up shop.

There is demand for outbound travel and even some inbound e.g NASCAR but I doubt it would be sufficient to have major operations out of that airport. I used to live in Lakes by the Bay so I'm very familiar with Cutler Bay and southern Dade county but even the traffic that section of Dade could generate would not be enough for anything other than a ULCC type operation a la Allegiant as you mentioned and maybe some regional jets out of larger hubs. With the allure of nonstops out of MIA and low fares out of FLL, it really would not make much of a dent in the traffic in/out of MIA/FLL. A better option for a reliever would be if OPF could be used for commercial flights as that is a much better option geographically that could serve many more people both locally and inbound.
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 1897
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu May 20, 2021 2:30 am

Miami wrote:
Miami International Airport Going Full Speed With $5B Capital Improvement Program In 2021:
https://www.thenextmiami.com/miami-inte ... t-program/


Curious as to what a theoretical gate swap would look like for the Concourse F-J carriers once Concourse G is demolished. What would this mean for expansions for WN & F9, and DL's "announced but not executed" plans?

Also with gates F3-F9 about to be completely reconfigured internally, that means that upper-level walkway and the ramps leading down into the gate area are going away and the walkway will be at the departure level. Was that upper-level walkway added during the "Super 80's" expansion or did National have that configuration prior to the 1980s?
 
OB1504
Posts: 4016
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu May 20, 2021 3:21 am

phatfarmlines wrote:
Miami wrote:
Miami International Airport Going Full Speed With $5B Capital Improvement Program In 2021:
https://www.thenextmiami.com/miami-inte ... t-program/


Curious as to what a theoretical gate swap would look like for the Concourse F-J carriers once Concourse G is demolished. What would this mean for expansions for WN & F9, and DL's "announced but not executed" plans?

Also with gates F3-F9 about to be completely reconfigured internally, that means that upper-level walkway and the ramps leading down into the gate area are going away and the walkway will be at the departure level. Was that upper-level walkway added during the "Super 80's" expansion or did National have that configuration prior to the 1980s?


If they’re doing interior work on F that would explain why it hasn’t reopened yet. That third level and the holdrooms for F3/F5/F7/F9 were essentially stapled on to the existing pier so I assume they were added during the 1980s expansion. It’s such a delightfully bizarre arrangement which is classic MIA and I’ll miss it. Is the third level checkpoint going to be removed too?

Once F reopens and G is torn down, I can see Frontier using F3/F5/F7/F9 with F11/F15 as spares and Southwest on the opposite side using F4/F6/F8 with F10/F12 as spares. The only other airline on G is Bahamasair and they have such limited movements that they can pretty much go anywhere, though they’d have to use a remote stand when they send the ATR since no other concourse has ground load gates.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu May 20, 2021 6:31 pm

LATAM Airlines Colombia plans to resume Bogota-Miami service on June 2, 2021.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 2:31 am

After so many years of speculation, Emirates is finally coming to MIA with nonstop passenger service from DXB.

Service starts in July.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 7:44 pm

Viva Aerobus is launching flights to Miami with two routes:

- 1x daily Mexico City from December 17, 2021

- 1x weekly Cancun from December 17, 2021.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Vivaaerobus is coming to miami. I think they used to fly there though https://twitter.com/WandrMe/status/1397 ... 56000?s=20
 
phatfarmlines
Posts: 1897
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:06 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri May 28, 2021 10:55 am

OB1504 wrote:
If they’re doing interior work on F that would explain why it hasn’t reopened yet. That third level and the holdrooms for F3/F5/F7/F9 were essentially stapled on to the existing pier so I assume they were added during the 1980s expansion. It’s such a delightfully bizarre arrangement which is classic MIA and I’ll miss it. Is the third level checkpoint going to be removed too?

Once F reopens and G is torn down, I can see Frontier using F3/F5/F7/F9 with F11/F15 as spares and Southwest on the opposite side using F4/F6/F8 with F10/F12 as spares. The only other airline on G is Bahamasair and they have such limited movements that they can pretty much go anywhere, though they’d have to use a remote stand when they send the ATR since no other concourse has ground load gates.


Here's a picture I found from 1988. It does show those cluster of gates under construction, so it looks like one of the last pieces of the "Super 80's" expansion to get completed.

https://pbase.com/donboyd/image/92982238

Source: Don Boyd Miami gallery page
 
OB1504
Posts: 4016
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:50 pm

Miami wrote:
LATAM Airlines Colombia plans to resume Bogota-Miami service on June 2, 2021.


LOT Polish is returning tomorrow too.

PITFlyer330 wrote:
Vivaaerobus is coming to miami. I think they used to fly there though https://twitter.com/WandrMe/status/1397 ... 56000?s=20


Viva Aerobus started flying to MIA in summer 2020 and still does but I believe they’re ether charters or cargo flights. Now they’re upgrading to full fledged regularly scheduled passenger flights.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26606
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Air Transat is returning to Miami after a two decade absence. Service starts December 14th, 3x a week to Montreal. Increase to 4x a week February 19th. A321.

Qatar Airways is boosting Miami as well. Currently operating twice a week and was supposed to increase to 3x a week in July. Now it is increasing to 3x a week with immediately and to 5x a week from July. Daily still set for start of winter timetable.

I've also been hearing Aer Lingus is returning and American will be bringing back Milan-Malpensa sooner than later.
a.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:11 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Air Transat is returning to Miami after a two decade absence. Service starts December 14th, 3x a week to Montreal. Increase to 4x a week February 19th. A321.

Qatar Airways is boosting Miami as well. Currently operating twice a week and was supposed to increase to 3x a week in July. Now it is increasing to 3x a week with immediately and to 5x a week from July. Daily still set for start of winter timetable.

I've also been hearing Aer Lingus is returning and American will be bringing back Milan-Malpensa sooner than later.


Great news all around.

Aer Lingus is looking to return this winter. Possibly in December.

The year is looking more promising for MIA as things start to get better with the pandemic. MIA is pushing for new service and they have been proven successful.

For those curious on an official announcement on Emirates, was told that it will be "soon".

- Miami
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
N62NA
Posts: 4517
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:05 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:44 am

MIA-Paramaribo (PBM) starting up August 3 on the A319.

5:30pm - 11:30pm MIA-PBM
1:45am - 6:05am PBM-MIA

Not the greatest times, though I'm sure many will tell me how this is a "great" schedule.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:11 am

Wanted to throw this fact in:
Dubai-Miami is the fifth largest U.S.-UAE local market with a PDEW of 58.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26606
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:02 pm

Supposedly MIA is now pretty close to 2019 traffic levels and will exceed that monthly volume by next month. Despite much long-haul flying still not having returned.
a.
 
doug
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 1999 8:54 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:50 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Supposedly MIA is now pretty close to 2019 traffic levels and will exceed that monthly volume by next month. Despite much long-haul flying still not having returned.

Only down %5 from 2019 levels very impressive I thought it would take 3 years to rebound not one.
 
krsw757
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:22 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:02 pm

Florida in general is recovering quite well. Jax center is running consistently 100-110% of our pre-COVID numbers. Not sure about Miami center, but I’d assume their pretty close to those numbers as well.
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:16 am

krsw757 wrote:
Florida in general is recovering quite well. Jax center is running consistently 100-110% of our pre-COVID numbers. Not sure about Miami center, but I’d assume their pretty close to those numbers as well.

Friends at Miami TRACON, Tower and Center, have all told me the demand at the moment is unexpectedly crazy. Which is good!
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:12 pm

Turkish Airlines to increase Istanbul – Miami service from June 16 2021, from 7 to 10 weekly. 787-9 operating (New flight TK157/158).
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26606
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:59 pm

Avianca has applied with Colombian aviation authorities to fly 5x a week between Miami and Cucuta, Colombia.
a.
 
PITFlyer330
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri May 14, 2021 4:56 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Turkish will go 10 weekly to Miami. What did they fly before Covid? https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 08290?s=20
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:11 pm

PITFlyer330 wrote:
Turkish will go 10 weekly to Miami. What did they fly before Covid? https://twitter.com/theaeronetwork/stat ... 08290?s=20

Daily.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
canyonblue17
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:22 am

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:09 pm

Just noticed Delta started operating A220s on the PBI-LGA route recently. Nice to see a new aircraft in town.
negative ghostrider the pattern is full
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6277
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: South Florida Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:16 pm

Aer Lingus resuming Miami in December.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos