Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BA744PHX

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:32 pm

cbphoto wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

For starters, the PR would be a nightmare if G4 cancelled the inaugural flight due to poor loads.

Second of all, routes take time to mature, especially leisure routes with no contracts tied to the route. You have no idea what future bookings look like, or what the summer loads are looking like, so it’s premature to speculate on it.

G4 is known for cancelling routes all together before even launching. So PR for G4 in this regards is mute

No comparison!! Canceling a route before it begins, while negative PR, won’t affect future bookings because the route is canceled. Cancelling the inaugural flight on a route you want to grow is negative PR that will potentially effect future bookings.

Also, when was the last time Allegiant canceled a route before operating it’s first flight?

I know of FNL as example when they attempted to re launch in 2018/2019? There are many others

Below from Allegiant rep about it as well :)

https://skift.com/2017/12/04/allegiant- ... ven-years/

''Skift: How long do you give a domestic route before you know whether it’ll work, or whether it should be canceled?

Schilling-Gonzales: We’ve probably somewhat famously had some routes that we’ve announced and then never actually flown. We don’t try and do that, believe it or not. We try and give routes the benefit of the doubt [by] starting them in a season that makes the most sense. A ton of our traffic is in spring break and summer and winter holidays. By starting a new route in September, we’re not usually giving it all of the oomph it needs. We’re just not giving it a great chance. We try and start routes in certain seasons where we know there will be some peak demand.

We look at advance bookings and then every month we go through every route in our network, looking at how it has done — for that month, for the trailing 12 months, for that season compared to its peers.''

SyracuseAvGeek

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:53 pm

cbphoto wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

For starters, the PR would be a nightmare if G4 cancelled the inaugural flight due to poor loads.

Second of all, routes take time to mature, especially leisure routes with no contracts tied to the route. You have no idea what future bookings look like, or what the summer loads are looking like, so it’s premature to speculate on it.

G4 is known for cancelling routes all together before even launching. So PR for G4 in this regards is mute

No comparison!! Canceling a route before it begins, while negative PR, won’t affect future bookings because the route is canceled. Cancelling the inaugural flight on a route you want to grow is negative PR that will potentially effect future bookings.

Also, when was the last time Allegiant canceled a route before operating it’s first flight?

I believe they were also supposed to begin GRR-EWR on March 5, but that seems to be pushed back to June. If they kept Boston with that light a load, I can’t imagine how low bookings for EWR must’ve been
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

AC4500

Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:26 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
cbphoto wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

I believe they were also supposed to begin GRR-EWR on March 5, but that seems to be pushed back to June. If they kept Boston with that light a load, I can’t imagine how low bookings for EWR must’ve been

I wonder if GRR-PDX will even start at all. If they can't fly GRR-EWR/BOS then there's no way that PDX would work.

SyracuseAvGeek

Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:57 pm

AC4500 wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

I wonder if GRR-PDX will even start at all. If they can't fly GRR-EWR/BOS then there's no way that PDX would work.

BOS will probably do better in the summer when tourists go to visit the cape cod area. The Pacific Northwest is amazing in the summer so I don’t think that will go away, but who knows.

For EWR, United already flys GRR-EWR so who knows if allegiant will actually begin that in June.

RL757PVD

Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:09 pm

Most of the G4 routes at BOS are targeting at shoring up their position in their best markets to keep other low fare operators at bay. G4 being the dominant low fare presence at strong smaller markets like GRR AVL and TYS keeps other low fare influences at bay, G4 is becoming am NK/F9 like ULCC for markets where they already have a strong Florida operation.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

Jshank83

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:49 pm

Pulling this from the STL thread since not everyone read individual airport threads.

"Potentially" a sizable expansion for G4 from BLV including a base. I figured they were on the short list for a base but I wouldn't have expected an expansion like this, if it indeed happens. They make it sound like they are confident in the letter though.

With all the support letters from different government agencies/politicians I would think they will get the grant. They took some liberties with their points on service at STL, but I can't blame them for stretching things a bit.

Midwestindy wrote:
BLV submitted an application for a SCASDP grant for additional low-cost service:

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DO ... -0231-0007

Seeking federal grant, to offer start-up cost offsets and marketing support to a LCC to expand service to seven targeted destinations (SAN/LAX/SNA/EWR/BWI/DEN/OAK) on both coasts. It will also seek to secure an airline crew and aircraft base.

jgcotter

Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:09 am

FloridaMark wrote:
Does anyone here have insight as to Allegiant possibly acquiring former Alaska A320's? I see info that they got N622VA c/n 2674 from GECAS and was ferried from GSO to VCV on 08 March. Also I see Allegiant has registrations N296NV thru N299NV reserved on the FAA site. Some food for thought. Thanks gang.

A320 N622VA has been scheduled three times this weekend to ferry from VCV to MLB as N296NV. The FAA website hasn’t recorded the registration change yet though.

jgcotter

Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:53 pm

jgcotter wrote:
FloridaMark wrote:
Does anyone here have insight as to Allegiant possibly acquiring former Alaska A320's? I see info that they got N622VA c/n 2674 from GECAS and was ferried from GSO to VCV on 08 March. Also I see Allegiant has registrations N296NV thru N299NV reserved on the FAA site. Some food for thought. Thanks gang.

A320 N622VA has been scheduled three times this weekend to ferry from VCV to MLB as N296NV. The FAA website hasn’t recorded the registration change yet though.

A320 N622VA is en route from VCV to MLB as flight G49300.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N622VA

jgcotter

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:57 pm

Allegiant just acquired easyJet A320 G-EZWE, currently at STN.

jplatts

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:11 am

RL757PVD wrote:
Most of the G4 routes at BOS are targeting at shoring up their position in their best markets to keep other low fare operators at bay. G4 being the dominant low fare presence at strong smaller markets like GRR AVL and TYS keeps other low fare influences at bay, G4 is becoming am NK/F9 like ULCC for markets where they already have a strong Florida operation.

G4 adding BOS-CVG nonstop service might be a possibility with
(a) the significant presence that G4 already has at CVG,
(b) BOS-CVG being one of the top remaining routes out of both BOS and CVG that doesn't have nonstop competition,
(c) most of the other DL domestic nonstop routes out of both BOS and CVG having nonstop competition from at least one other airline, and
(d) BOS having had significant demand from CVG prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

RL757PVD

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:43 am

jplatts wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

G4 adding BOS-CVG nonstop service might be a possibility with
(a) the significant presence that G4 already has at CVG,
(b) BOS-CVG being one of the top remaining routes out of both BOS and CVG that doesn't have nonstop competition,
(c) most of the other DL domestic nonstop routes out of both BOS and CVG having nonstop competition from at least one other airline, and
(d) BOS having had significant demand from CVG prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Except it would likely harm PVD CVG which was sustaining 90%+ LF pre covid for several years, meanwhile BOS was G4’s worst station in terms of LF this past November
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

SyracuseAvGeek

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Someone posted a video of a flight on Allegiant from Grand Rapids to Austin.

https://youtu.be/IZexWPTNgx4

Didn’t they just make this a crew base? Also, why is there an antonov in Austin?

william

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Love the South Terminal in Austin, its a throw back to another time. Love the food from the food truck too.

FloridaMark

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:49 pm

For those so interested, former AAY MD-83 N883GA c/n 49710 is on the move from BHM to BYH as JTN97. Arrival at BYH in approx 10 minutes or so. Just FYI.

AC4500

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:26 pm

Does anyone know how PDX bookings have been for G4 so far? The inaugural SMX-PDX flight is next Thursday. Also, why does the inaugural flight have a 4-hour turn time? (flight arrives PDX at 2:55 PM and departs to SMX at 6:55 PM).

jplatts

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:13 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Except it would likely harm PVD CVG which was sustaining 90%+ LF pre covid for several years, meanwhile BOS was G4’s worst station in terms of LF this past November

I understand your point, but the CVG-BOS route can likely support nonstop service on an airline other than DL once demand recovers with CVG-BOS having had significant demand prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. There are also airlines other than DL or G4 who could add CVG-BOS nonstop service such as AA, B6, or F9.

Wacko55

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:48 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
Someone posted a video of a flight on Allegiant from Grand Rapids to Austin.

https://youtu.be/IZexWPTNgx4

Didn’t they just make this a crew base? Also, why is there an antonov in Austin?

Yes. Multiple Antonov An-124 flights have been flying in to deliver equipment destined for the Tesla Giga factory under construction. In the video on approach you can see the factory under construction. A flight is scheduled to arrive @ 443p from CFB Goose Bay (Goose Bay) - YYR this afternoon.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VDA ... /CYYR/KAUS

RJNUT

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:06 pm

without having to scroll thru entire G4 thread, did i miss BLI-ANC? I see it on the G4 route map, listed as seasonal which to me implies summer. but no flights are listed yet

RJNUT

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:13 pm

RJNUT wrote:
without having to scroll thru entire G4 thread, did i miss BLI-ANC? I see it on the G4 route map, listed as seasonal which to me implies summer. but no flights are listed yet

Well i guess that's from two years ago checking news headlines regarding this route. Will it return?. apparently not , for now

FloridaMark

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:43 am

Former EZY A320-214 G-EZWE c/n 5289 was ferried East Midlands(EMA) to Stansted(STN) April 8,2021 in full Allegiant colors. This aircraft has become N206NV on April 22,2021 according to the FAA register. No information on when 206 will be delivered stateside. Just FYI.

FloridaMark

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:03 am

Allegiant has taken delivery of ex Peach(APJ) JA806P c/n 5384 and has been registered N203NV per FAA register on April 20,2021. 203 was ferried Osaka(KIX) to Taiwan(TPE) on April 15,2021.No other information at this time. Just FYI for those interested.

danipawa

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:45 am

How many used A320 to be added ?

cbphoto

Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:34 am

danipawa wrote:
How many used A320 to be added ?

It’s my understanding the number is continuously fluctuating based on the market and what’s available. As of now, 2021 will end with about 108 total Airbus in the fleet, which would be a net increase of 7 from the end of the first quarter. Though some of it is removal of planes from long term storage, but also purchases pre-pandemic and opportunities that have arisen during the pandemic. I wouldn’t be surprised if that end of year total is increased by a few more frames.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming

atypical

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:43 pm

dabpit wrote:
I wonder why G4 hasn't tried to start with destinations that have USCBP Pre-Clearance such as NAS, AUA, or BDA.

Airports with Pre-Clearance still can only fly to FIS airports in the US. The destination airport has to be able to process international flights.

dabpit

Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:52 pm

atypical wrote:
dabpit wrote:
I wonder why G4 hasn't tried to start with destinations that have USCBP Pre-Clearance such as NAS, AUA, or BDA.

Airports with Pre-Clearance still can only fly to FIS airports in the US. The destination airport has to be able to process international flights.

Not correct, the most well known example is LGA. LGA has no FIS facilities but they do have USCBP on property and that is the requirement. As long as the airport has an USCBP office on property they can receive international flights from pre-cleared destinations only.
Carpe Diem

freakyrat

Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:25 pm

dabpit wrote:
atypical wrote:
dabpit wrote:

Not correct, the most well known example is LGA. LGA has no FIS facilities but they do have USCBP on property and that is the requirement. As long as the airport has an USCBP office on property they can receive international flights from pre-cleared destinations only.

Allegiant city SBN has an FIS that was built for them. The airport is looking at flights to CUN as DOT data indicates the over 15,000 yearly trips are made to the Yucatan from NW Indiana.

dabpit

Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:16 pm

freakyrat wrote:
Allegiant city SBN has an FIS that was built for them. The airport is looking at flights to CUN as DOT data indicates the over 15,000 yearly trips are made to the Yucatan from NW Indiana.

Before COVID G4 was looking to launch Mexico flights and from what I gather CUN would have been one of the cities. It was no small secret that G4 was eyeing SBN as one of the destinations out of Cancun.
Carpe Diem

Jshank83

Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:07 pm

They already fly charters for Apple/Vacation Express to Mexico so I wouldn't think it would be that big a deal to move over to normal revenue flights.

cbphoto

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:48 am

Jshank83 wrote:
They already fly charters for Apple/Vacation Express to Mexico so I wouldn't think it would be that big a deal to move over to normal revenue flights.

It’s a lot more work to go from charters to scheduled. Apple Vacations handles the reservations and payment part of the trip. The biggest hurdle is Allegiant’s reservation system and the acceptance of foreign currencies. It’s my understanding most of the issues have been worked out, but it was one of the big limiting factors as to why Allegiant has not started scheduled international flights..yet!

Jshank83

Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:27 pm

cbphoto wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

It’s a lot more work to go from charters to scheduled. Apple Vacations handles the reservations and payment part of the trip. The biggest hurdle is Allegiant’s reservation system and the acceptance of foreign currencies. It’s my understanding most of the issues have been worked out, but it was one of the big limiting factors as to why Allegiant has not started scheduled international flights..yet!

They don’t need to accept foreign currently. WN doesn’t. Almost all the sales would be US anyway to Mexico.

freakyrat

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:42 pm

dabpit wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

Before COVID G4 was looking to launch Mexico flights and from what I gather CUN would have been one of the cities. It was no small secret that G4 was eyeing SBN as one of the destinations out of Cancun.

I believe it will come next season. As the airport also has train service through Northwest Indiana they may also get some train to plane connections. Allegiant will have no problem filling seasonal flights to CUN out of SBN on their A320's. Airport also is looking on seasonal service to Nassau.

Once these flights get going I believe the airport will need to replace the Jetbridge on Gate 8 with a similar model to the one Allegiant uses on Gate 9 and also convert Gate 8 to two way use Domestic or International.

cbphoto

Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:28 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
cbphoto wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

They don’t need to accept foreign currently. WN doesn’t. Almost all the sales would be US anyway to Mexico.

Yeah, I think you are mistaken. Southwest literally just posted in their recent earnings call the reason they don’t serve Canada is because of the currency issue with their reservation system. G4’s upper management has stated the same reason in the past for not starting international flights sooner.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... 21-4%3famp

Janj

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:26 pm

cbphoto wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

Yeah, I think you are mistaken. Southwest literally just posted in their recent earnings call the reason they don’t serve Canada is because of the currency issue with their reservation system. G4’s upper management has stated the same reason in the past for not starting international flights sooner.

The point of sale for flights to CUN (which Southwest serves) and other mostly tourist destinations is heavily on the US side. Not the same with Canada. They wouldn't need to accept foreign currency to make those markets work. Of course, they may want to update their reservations system before they start those routes, but nothing is really stopping them.

Not accepting foreign currency has been an issue with Southwest in other destinations where the US POS doesn't dominate. That's probably not the main reason they haven't started Canada flights, but it doesn't help.

dabpit

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:58 pm

cbphoto wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

You are mistaken about Southwest, their reservations system does handle foreign currency. Southwest uses the same reservations system as Air Canada.

The issue G4 and WN face if they want to fly to places where the US is not the main point of sale is their lack of being on the GDS (for general public) and having physical ticket sales offices. All modern reservations and account systems can handle foreign currency, any airline saying otherwise is admitting they either do not want to upgrade their outdated systems or are just full of it. If they do not want to be on the GDS for Travel Agents to sell tickets then they need a local ticket sales office and that is a big change for an airline that doesn’t currently do that.
Carpe Diem

lightsaber

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:02 pm

dabpit wrote:
cbphoto wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

You are mistaken about Southwest, their reservations system does handle foreign currency. Southwest uses the same reservations system as Air Canada.

The issue G4 and WN face if they want to fly to places where the US is not the main point of sale is their lack of being on the GDS (for general public) and having physical ticket sales offices. All modern reservations and account systems can handle foreign currency, any airline saying otherwise is admitting they either do not want to upgrade their outdated systems or are just full of it. If they do not want to be on the GDS for Travel Agents to sell tickets then they need a local ticket sales office and that is a big change for an airline that doesn’t currently do that.

I agree currency management is a non-issue. If they cannot program a website to handle various currencies, that is a problem, not an excuse.

As to a local ticket office, why? That just seems like an unnecessary expense in the internet era. Neither GDS nor a local ticket office, beyond sales at the airport, should be required.

Lightsaber
7 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

jplatts

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:04 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Seeking federal grant, to offer start-up cost offsets and marketing support to a LCC to expand service to seven targeted destinations (SAN/LAX/SNA/EWR/BWI/DEN/OAK) on both coasts. It will also seek to secure an airline crew and aircraft base.

WN already has nonstop service to SAN, LAX, BWI, DEN, and OAK from STL, and there is also already nonstop service to LAX, DCA, IAD, DEN, and SFO from STL on airlines other than WN.

I am unsure if G4 adding BLV-SNA nonstop service would happen due to the slot restrictions and restrictions on the number of annual passengers that are there at SNA.

STL is also closer than BLV is to most of the St. Louis metro area, including the Missouri side, East St. Louis, and some other Illinois suburbs west of I-255. In addition, the majority of the population in the St. Louis metro area is closer to STL than to BLV.

F9 also already serves DEN nonstop from STL, and NK will be starting STL-LAX nonstop service on May 27th. There is less of a need for G4 to add BLV-DEN/LAX nonstop service with other ULCC's already having nonstop service to these destinations from STL.

G4 adding BLV-EWR nonstop service might make sense with WN no longer serving EWR and UA currently the only airline serving EWR nonstop from STL, even with nonstop service to LGA from STL on WN, AA, and DL.

The main reason for the G4 adds out of BLV is to serve suburbs on the Illinois side of the St. Louis metro area that are closer to BLV such as Belleville, Fairview Heights, and O'Fallon.

dabpit

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:41 pm

lightsaber wrote:
dabpit wrote:
cbphoto wrote:

I agree currency management is a non-issue. If they cannot program a website to handle various currencies, that is a problem, not an excuse.

As to a local ticket office, why? That just seems like an unnecessary expense in the internet era. Neither GDS nor a local ticket office, beyond sales at the airport, should be required.

Lightsaber

I do not think it is a website issue, both WN and G4 employe some smart folks in their IT departments.

Because in a lot of countries in the Americas people pay in cash still or they do not have a computer to book a flight. A number of airlines still actively staff local ticket offices, even those on a GDS. If they are not on a GDS and want any point of sale then a local office is needed.
Carpe Diem

cbphoto

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:55 pm

dabpit wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
dabpit wrote:

Lightsaber

I do not think it is a website issue, both WN and G4 employe some smart folks in their IT departments.

Because in a lot of countries in the Americas people pay in cash still or they do not have a computer to book a flight. A number of airlines still actively staff local ticket offices, even those on a GDS. If they are not on a GDS and want any point of sale then a local office is needed.

You guys can all think what you want. I have had many conversations with senior level management on this very subject and every one of them has stated that limitations on G4’s reservation platform, including currency conversions is the main factor Allegiant has not started scheduled international service. It’s my understanding that in the months prior to Covid, much of the issues had been resolved and they were months away from launching scheduled international service. Of course COVID derailed those plans for now.

dabpit

Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 pm

cbphoto wrote:
dabpit wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

You guys can all think what you want. I have had many conversations with senior level management on this very subject and every one of them has stated that limitations on G4’s reservation platform, including currency conversions is the main factor Allegiant has not started scheduled international service. It’s my understanding that in the months prior to Covid, much of the issues had been resolved and they were months away from launching scheduled international service. Of course COVID derailed those plans for now.

Said you were mistaken about Southwest's reservations system, not Allegiant's. Never stated that G4 was using the latest and greatest reservations systems but rather pointing out that all the providers offer modern systems capable of handling foreign currency. I am aware that G4 was working on resolving their issues and they were solved prior to COVID, that was not public info though.

The issue still remains local point of sale in international markets for an airline with no local ticket office or that is not on the GDS. Unless G4 is going to market heavily along with betting that the person has a computer and credit card than having a system able to handle foreign currency is only half the battle.
Carpe Diem

jgcotter

Wed May 05, 2021 12:46 pm

flyoregon

Wed May 05, 2021 3:57 pm

On the Allegiant route map, they have blue dots and bigger yellow dots. It seems to me this is an indication of “focus cities” rather than normal destinations? That being said, with Portland being a new city, it seems interesting to me that they have the “yellow dot” without really knowing how any of the routes will perform. Assuming PDX does perform well, what other routes could we see from Portland? Personally, I think PDX-PVU would be smart, and even though it’s a bit of a haul, PDX-BNA/MSY would be a nice add.

AC4500

Wed May 05, 2021 5:25 pm

flyoregon wrote:
On the Allegiant route map, they have blue dots and bigger yellow dots. It seems to me this is an indication of “focus cities” rather than normal destinations? That being said, with Portland being a new city, it seems interesting to me that they have the “yellow dot” without really knowing how any of the routes will perform. Assuming PDX does perform well, what other routes could we see from Portland? Personally, I think PDX-PVU would be smart, and even though it’s a bit of a haul, PDX-BNA/MSY would be a nice add.

I think the "dots" on their route map indicate market size. PDX is a yellow dot because it's a larger market, whereas the blue dots are smaller markets like BLI, EUG, IDA, MFR, PVU, PSC, RDM, etc. I could be wrong, that's just my theory.

PDX-PVU and PDX-JAC would be great routes for them to add. I remember SY wanted to launch PDX-RNO but that never happened. That could be a good route for Allegiant as well. If Allegiant ever decides to launch MSN, maybe we could see PDX-MSN get revived (SY flew this very briefly).

Jshank83

Wed May 05, 2021 5:59 pm

AC4500 wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

I think the "dots" on their route map indicate market size. PDX is a yellow dot because it's a larger market, whereas the blue dots are smaller markets like BLI, EUG, IDA, MFR, PVU, PSC, RDM, etc. I could be wrong, that's just my theory.

PDX-PVU and PDX-JAC would be great routes for them to add. I remember SY wanted to launch PDX-RNO but that never happened. That could be a good route for Allegiant as well. If Allegiant ever decides to launch MSN, maybe we could see PDX-MSN get revived (SY flew this very briefly).

Orange I think are "destinations" as in vacation spots or places people are wanting to travel to. Otherwise there is no reason for Jackson Hole, Key West, etc to be orange when many bigger cities are blue.

lightsaber

Wed May 05, 2021 6:21 pm

jgcotter wrote:

They made a profit! A small profit, but a profit is worthy of note!

https://ir.allegiantair.com/news-releas ... al-results

It should only get better.

I'm looking forward to the presentation going online (it hasn't yet).

Lightsaber
7 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

nws2002

Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

Orange I think are "destinations" as in vacation spots or places people are wanting to travel to. Otherwise there is no reason for Jackson Hole, Key West, etc to be orange when many bigger cities are blue.

This is the correct answer. The bigger dots are destination locations. They may not be the largest markets or even have aircraft/crews based there. They simply fly people there to go on vacation.

AC4500

Thu May 06, 2021 4:00 pm

nws2002 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

This is the correct answer. The bigger dots are destination locations. They may not be the largest markets or even have aircraft/crews based there. They simply fly people there to go on vacation.

I guess by "larger markets" I meant "destination hotspots".

jgcotter

Mon May 10, 2021 3:57 pm

I’m currently showing 7 x A320 in induction; N203NV(TPE), N204NV(MLB), N206NV(MLB), N288NV(SJO), N289NV(CGK) N291NV(MLB), N296NV(MLB). Since A319 N303NV has been parked at SFB for about a month, will that be the next 319 towed across the runway to Avocet to bring them to the 35 x A319 cited in the earnings call?

SyracuseAvGeek

Tue May 11, 2021 7:01 pm

https://youtu.be/UaBmKhrVtuw

Interesting video of this person flying Allegiant from GRR-BNA... how many nonstops does this bring Allegiant to out of Grand Rapids?

Jshank83

Tue May 18, 2021 4:02 am

Schedule extended into January

atypical

Tue May 18, 2021 8:03 pm

dabpit wrote:
atypical wrote:
dabpit wrote:

LaGuardia and Washington National are the only exemptions. The US government requires a FIS which is a lot easier to get than an exemption from a FIS.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos