Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:42 pm

A320 N296NV (former AS N622VA) entered revenue service on 7/22.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22670
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:43 pm

jgcotter wrote:
A320 N296NV (former AS N622VA) entered revenue service on 7/22.

Do you know how old this aircraft is?
I see N622VA is a 2006 delivery A320 (which is parked per this link), so I'm wondering how old of A320CEOs Allegiant is buying.
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a320-2674.htm


LIghtsaber
10 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
FloridaMark
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:24 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:24 pm

lightsaber wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
A320 N296NV (former AS N622VA) entered revenue service on 7/22.

Do you know how old this aircraft is?
I see N622VA is a 2006 delivery A320 (which is parked per this link), so I'm wondering how old of A320CEOs Allegiant is buying.
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a320-2674.htm


LIghtsaber

Per my notes the following on this aircraft:

fleet number 296,dd 23 Mar'21,frf 21 Jul'21 as AAY1369 SFB-CVG,ex ASA N622VA selcal BQAF(ferried MLB-SFB 20 Jul'21/ferried VCV-MLB 23 Mar'21/ferried GSO-VCV 08 Mar'21/canx(ASA)23 Feb'21/wfu GSO 08 Jul'20/lrf 04 Jul'20),ex VRD N622VA selcal BQAF f/n 622(VRD ceased ops 11 Jan'18),ferried GLH-YUL 30 Jun'06,ex AIB F-WWID(ferried KEF-BGR-GLH 25 Mar'06),c/n 2451(ntu).
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:19 am

lightsaber wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
A320 N296NV (former AS N622VA) entered revenue service on 7/22.

Do you know how old this aircraft is?
I see N622VA is a 2006 delivery A320 (which is parked per this link), so I'm wondering how old of A320CEOs Allegiant is buying.
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a320-2674.htm


LIghtsaber

I show a first flight of 2/1/06 with delivery to Virgin on 3/23/06, making it 15 1/2 years old. The other two AS jets are 5/06 and 6/06 deliveries to Virgin making all three a bit over 15 years old.
 
bmibaby737
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:07 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 am

Air Lease Corporation announced a long-term lease placement of ten used Airbus A320-200 aircraft with Allegiant. The aircraft are scheduled to deliver to the airline beginning in Fall 2021 through Summer 2022.

Steven F. Udvar-Házy, Executive Chairman of Air Lease Corporation. “These young A320 ALC aircraft will complement Allegiant’s all-Airbus fleet and support their growing North America operations.”

https://airleasecorp.com/press/air-leas ... -allegiant

What's the betting these are the 10 Alaska A320s that they purchased at the end of last year?
https://airleasecorp.com/press/air-leas ... a-airlines
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22670
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:29 pm

bmibaby737 wrote:
Air Lease Corporation announced a long-term lease placement of ten used Airbus A320-200 aircraft with Allegiant. The aircraft are scheduled to deliver to the airline beginning in Fall 2021 through Summer 2022.

Steven F. Udvar-Házy, Executive Chairman of Air Lease Corporation. “These young A320 ALC aircraft will complement Allegiant’s all-Airbus fleet and support their growing North America operations.”

https://airleasecorp.com/press/air-leas ... -allegiant

What's the betting these are the 10 Alaska A320s that they purchased at the end of last year?
https://airleasecorp.com/press/air-leas ... a-airlines

With press like this, I didn't expect the ages shown below:

jgcotter wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
A320 N296NV (former AS N622VA) entered revenue service on 7/22.

Do you know how old this aircraft is?
I see N622VA is a 2006 delivery A320 (which is parked per this link), so I'm wondering how old of A320CEOs Allegiant is buying.
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a320-2674.htm


LIghtsaber

I show a first flight of 2/1/06 with delivery to Virgin on 3/23/06, making it 15 1/2 years old. The other two AS jets are 5/06 and 6/06 deliveries to Virgin making all three a bit over 15 years old.

So 15 year old aircraft. A little bit younger than Allegiant often bought, but not dramatically younger. With all the press on a Younger fleet, I was expecting a few much younger, but I guess by Allegiant standards. ;) Seriously, this is such a good time to buy, that I'm sure Allegiant did the math and bought smartly. For an A320CEO, what matters is avionics (does it have the predictive maintenance that Allegiant uses) and condition (corrosion and is the paper in order). A difference in a few thousand cycles or a few years interests us AvGeeks, but not really anyone else, that is just another input into the value spreadsheet.

Lightsaber
10 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
primetimeDC9
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:49 pm

Yea they get planes of all ages, a deal is a deal. Looks like the 10 leased ones are all sharklet equipped so they appear to be relatively young.
 
PennPal
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 12:35 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:52 pm

Not aviation related but Allegiant is resuming construction of its Sunseeker Resort in Charlotte Harbor, Florida which was halted in May 2020, along with renovation of a local country club. (Kingsway) Things must be looking up for them...
 
bmibaby737
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:07 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:57 pm

lightsaber wrote:
With press like this, I didn't expect the ages shown below:


N622VA & N624VA are owned by GECAS so nothing to do with the press release I linked earlier from Air Lease Corporation. Additionally, the press release speaks of a first delivery in Fall 2021, which is the period 1st September to 30th November 2021. So again, not the above mentioned airframes.

If I'm right that the 10x Airbus A320s due for Allegiant leased from ALC are the ex- Alaska aircraft; then it would be 2015 to 2016 builds all with sharklets.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22670
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:35 pm

bmibaby737 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
With press like this, I didn't expect the ages shown below:


N622VA & N624VA are owned by GECAS so nothing to do with the press release I linked earlier from Air Lease Corporation. Additionally, the press release speaks of a first delivery in Fall 2021, which is the period 1st September to 30th November 2021. So again, not the above mentioned airframes.

If I'm right that the 10x Airbus A320s due for Allegiant leased from ALC are the ex- Alaska aircraft; then it would be 2015 to 2016 builds all with sharklets.

I cross connected, thank you for the update. So about 7 year old aircraft, fascinating. Now that is young for Allegiant. :spin: Ok... Now the public statements make more sense.

Lightsaber
10 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 9854
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:09 pm

lightsaber wrote:
So about 7 year old aircraft, fascinating. Now that is young for Allegiant. :spin: Ok... Now the public statements make more sense.

Lightsaber


Hey, even before this A320 acquisition planespotters.net shows Allegiant's fleet is 1.7 years younger on average than United's. These DL and G4 placements show some fluidity in the used market.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22670
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:24 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
So about 7 year old aircraft, fascinating. Now that is young for Allegiant. :spin: Ok... Now the public statements make more sense.

Lightsaber


Hey, even before this A320 acquisition planespotters.net shows Allegiant's fleet is 1.7 years younger on average than United's. These DL and G4 placements show some fluidity in the used market.

I know Allegiant bought a batch new and even topped off that batch as an end of the line order. However, due to lower utilization, G4 was often willing to take older airframes than other airlines.

It really speaks to discounting in the used market. A fluid market wouldn't have as much available (there would be more transactions relative to inventory). I'm just curious as to the age of aircraft they receive.

I use the production summary on airfleets:
https://www.airfleets.net/exploit/exploitation.htm

Go right to Allegiant A320s (excludes A319s, in a seperate link):
https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/All ... e-a320.htm

Or we can jump to their newest line number A320s:
https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/All ... 320-70.htm

L/N8671 is 2.5 years old, delivered new to Allegiant. However, until they show up as Allegiant registrations, I can only use the FAA database to find out information on airframes (which doesn't help coming from abroad):

https://av-info.faa.gov/sdrx/Query.aspx
Where I find for LN8671 (using the registration N276NV, put in without the "N").
Oh, last maintenance event was almost a year ago. A mere 4114 hours on the aircraft (out of a limit of validity of 120,000) and 2,208 cycles (out of a limit of validity of 60,000).

While the oldest line number L/N 706 registered N225NV also had it last maintenance event about a year ago (end of July) with 53,873 hours (about 1/2 LOV) and 37,993 cycles (about 2/3rds of LOV, so that one is getting well used). This mid-1997 delivery (or 24 years old) has plenty of life left.

I'm curious as G4's strategy is pretty low utilization, so they can operate a well used for many years. The fact they can buy that young implies an imbalance in the market as G4's low utilization means they place less of a premium of future life than most airlines (or at least basic accounting says they should when discounted to present value). So I would expect G4 to only buy newer when the deals are in their favor. So not a liquid secondary market, a buyers market.

Lightsaber
10 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:02 am

Can anyone confirm AS A320s N626VA and N627VA, both currently at GYR, coming to G4?
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:44 pm

22 new routes announced for November and December starts, mostly to warm weather destinations in California, Arizona, and Florida. There do not appear to be any new destinations for the map. Being discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1463681.
 
cbphoto
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:23 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Flint, MI and Appleton, WI were just announced as new aircraft and crew bases opening early 2022.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming
 
B747forever
Posts: 13893
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:13 pm

cbphoto wrote:
Flint, MI and Appleton, WI were just announced as new aircraft and crew bases opening early 2022.


Wonder if G4 will add LAX from both?
Work Hard, Fly Right
Flown: 1098 flights/311 airports/194 airlines
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:32 pm

G4 adds AVL-EYW effective November 18, twice weekly. I'm surprised this wasn't announced when G4 added several warm weather routes last week. EYW becomes the 8th destination in Florida served from AVL and the 17th overall.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/ALL ... woIdoxBl9k
 
Jshank83
Posts: 4449
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:36 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
G4 adds AVL-EYW effective November 18, twice weekly. I'm surprised this wasn't announced when G4 added several warm weather routes last week. EYW becomes the 8th destination in Florida served from AVL and the 17th overall.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/ALL ... woIdoxBl9k


Supposedly adding PIE/IND-EYW also. I thought they already had IND-EYW
 
cschleic
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:47 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:52 pm

lightsaber wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
So about 7 year old aircraft, fascinating. Now that is young for Allegiant. :spin: Ok... Now the public statements make more sense.

Lightsaber


Hey, even before this A320 acquisition planespotters.net shows Allegiant's fleet is 1.7 years younger on average than United's. These DL and G4 placements show some fluidity in the used market.

I know Allegiant bought a batch new and even topped off that batch as an end of the line order. However, due to lower utilization, G4 was often willing to take older airframes than other airlines.

It really speaks to discounting in the used market. A fluid market wouldn't have as much available (there would be more transactions relative to inventory). I'm just curious as to the age of aircraft they receive.

I use the production summary on airfleets:
https://www.airfleets.net/exploit/exploitation.htm

Go right to Allegiant A320s (excludes A319s, in a seperate link):
https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/All ... e-a320.htm

Or we can jump to their newest line number A320s:
https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/All ... 320-70.htm

L/N8671 is 2.5 years old, delivered new to Allegiant. However, until they show up as Allegiant registrations, I can only use the FAA database to find out information on airframes (which doesn't help coming from abroad):

https://av-info.faa.gov/sdrx/Query.aspx
Where I find for LN8671 (using the registration N276NV, put in without the "N").
Oh, last maintenance event was almost a year ago. A mere 4114 hours on the aircraft (out of a limit of validity of 120,000) and 2,208 cycles (out of a limit of validity of 60,000).

While the oldest line number L/N 706 registered N225NV also had it last maintenance event about a year ago (end of July) with 53,873 hours (about 1/2 LOV) and 37,993 cycles (about 2/3rds of LOV, so that one is getting well used). This mid-1997 delivery (or 24 years old) has plenty of life left.

I'm curious as G4's strategy is pretty low utilization, so they can operate a well used for many years. The fact they can buy that young implies an imbalance in the market as G4's low utilization means they place less of a premium of future life than most airlines (or at least basic accounting says they should when discounted to present value). So I would expect G4 to only buy newer when the deals are in their favor. So not a liquid secondary market, a buyers market.

Lightsaber


While their utilization is lower than other carriers, with new routes and growth, is G4's utilization increasing?
 
Cboyle
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:32 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:55 pm

they sent an email about a week ago teasing some "big news" hmmm... could this be the start of something? :stirthepot:
from them:
We’ve been searching for a big way to reward our loyal customers. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for an exciting announcement in the coming weeks!
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1542
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Cboyle wrote:
they sent an email about a week ago teasing some "big news" hmmm... could this be the start of something? :stirthepot:
from them:
We’ve been searching for a big way to reward our loyal customers. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for an exciting announcement in the coming weeks!


G4 announced a loyalty program today, Allways Rewards: https://thepointsguy.com/news/allegant- ... epointsguy
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:42 am

A319 N328NV returned from VCV in the Raider Nation
livery:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/1027969 ... ce=iOS+App
 
DLASFlyer
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:42 pm

G4 abruptly left JAC last week. All 4 routes canceled citing poor load factors.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:57 am

A320 G-EZWJ has been re-registered as N207NV on 9/9 and is currently at STN.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:54 pm

jgcotter wrote:
A320 G-EZWJ has been re-registered as N207NV on 9/9 and is currently at STN.

A320 N207NV ferried STN-YYR-BGR this morning.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:53 pm

jgcotter wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
A320 G-EZWJ has been re-registered as N207NV on 9/9 and is currently at STN.

A320 N207NV ferried STN-YYR-BGR this morning.

A320 N207NV is en route from BGR to MLB for induc.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:00 am

A320 N298NV (former N625VA) ferried from MLB to SFB this evening to enter revenue service.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N298NV
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos