Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GSPSPOT

Re: Allegiant Air Route Expansion 2/9

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:27 pm

PDX and RAP? I thought G4 focused on popular leisure destinations.
Great Lakes, great life.

2eng2efficient

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:41 pm

I have to laugh at the notion of flying people into RAP for the Sturgis motorcycle rally...

CVG-EYW is a nice add. They will take a lot of business from DL and AA on that route.

gdavis003

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:48 pm

2eng2efficient wrote:
I have to laugh at the notion of flying people into RAP for the Sturgis motorcycle rally...

CVG-EYW is a nice add. They will take a lot of business from DL and AA on that route.

Exactly. Aren’t people supposed to **drive** their motorcycles to **motorcycle** rally? Seems like a big gamble. I feel like this is something that tourists who visit tend to make a road trip out of, aka continue on to the Badlands and other national parks. Doesn’t seem like a thing that people would fly to, but I guess G4 trying to encourage them to

BoilerAviation

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:59 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Cboyle wrote:
Yes! PSM-BNA, BOS-IND, BOS-ORF, and extending PSM-MYR!

One day an airline will dig deep enough into the number to see that ORF might be the most PVD-weighted non-florida market of the combined PVD/BOS market thanks to the naval connection. I honestly think an airline like G4 would do better on PVD-ORF than BOS-ORF, who knows maybe Breeze will come in with a PVD-PHF.

One can only hope

WaywardMemphian

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:12 pm

jplatts wrote:
There are a few more nonstop routes that could be added out of FLL by G4 such as FLL-DSM/DAY/OKC/OMA with DSM, DAY, OKC, and OMA currently lacking any nonstop service from FLL.

I had also previously mentioned G4 possibly adding DAY-SRQ/SAV nonstop service as (a) the City of Dayton wants more air service out of DAY and (b) G4 already serves SRQ and SAV nonstop from other Midwestern cities.

G4 adding MCI-SAV nonstop service might also be a possibility with MCI being the largest Midwestern market without any nonstop service to SAV and most of the other major Midwestern markets already having nonstop service to SAV.

They supposedly test marketed a couple of XNA-FLL to previous flyers without ever offering them for sale to the GP. Supposedly they flew nearly full. It wasn't long after AA started MIA. Don't know if there's a correlation there or not. I remember MEM specifically stating that they worked with Allegiant to 'prove' routes for other airlines and LAX was one of them. Several years later Allegiant is planning to fly MEM/LAX 6 days a week as well as Las Vegas as they were poised to do last year before Covid. That is certainly trying to sell AA/WN on LAX and WN on LAS. When F9 got to 5x and A320s on MEM/DEn, WN followed shortly

Anyway XNA/FLL seems to be low hanging fruit they have yet to take a bite on.

tootallsd

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:14 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
2eng2efficient wrote:

Exactly. Aren’t people supposed to **drive** their motorcycles to **motorcycle** rally? Seems like a big gamble. I feel like this is something that tourists who visit tend to make a road trip out of, aka continue on to the Badlands and other national parks. Doesn’t seem like a thing that people would fly to, but I guess G4 trying to encourage them to

In 2001, I took a motorcycle literally around the country (four corners). I found myself in Beulah, ND talking to a waitress. She told me that she had regulars from New Jersey that used Amtrak to move their bikes and selves to Minot ND where they off-loaded and road into Sturgis. There are all kinds of shenanigans with various haulers to get within a couple hundred miles and then do the grand arrival at Sturgis as a show. Can't see doing that exactly with Allegiant, but hell, who knows?

WaywardMemphian

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:10 pm

tootallsd wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
2eng2efficient wrote:

In 2001, I took a motorcycle literally around the country (four corners). I found myself in Beulah, ND talking to a waitress. She told me that she had regulars from New Jersey that used Amtrak to move their bikes and selves to Minot ND where they off-loaded and road into Sturgis. There are all kinds of shenanigans with various haulers to get within a couple hundred miles and then do the grand arrival at Sturgis as a show. Can't see doing that exactly with Allegiant, but hell, who knows?

I have seen a group of up to 20 have their bikes hauled up in a ta hauler and pick them up on arrival.

stlgph

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:42 pm

Ha! This is amazing.

In the thread of the last Allegiant expansion I made a comment about expanding in Rapid City.

And here we are.

Rapid City comes as no surprise. It's an amazing place to visit and in the world of everything being closed for COVID, Rapid City has been thriving. One hotel group I know ran 100% occupancy mid-May through early October across 8 properties - charging rates *through the roof* and people were buying up the rooms left and right and they're already booking heavy for this summer. There's more hotels and camp sites in Rapid City than there are people.

Hell, you've got a Hampton Inn built across the street from a Hampton Inn and Suites. So I'm a bit surprised it is coming in with a Sturgis focus only and not going say end of June through mid-August.

The only thing that worries me is will the airport rental car's facilities be able to handle all this? Several adds focused around Sturgis....which is hard to get to on foot.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Lavdumper

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:48 pm

Very interesting route pairings! Will also be interesting to see how Allegiant and Breeze attempt to fill the point-to-point voids going forward.

Brandon757

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:54 pm

I'm guessing LAX-SHV is a test run to see how well it performs since it only lasts from 7/2 to 8/16 M&F. Even for just a seasonal route that seems like a very short duration. I hope it does well as Allegiant seems to like SHV and I hope we can get some more routes from them here in addition to the few we already have.

braniff2hav

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:58 pm

Brandon757 wrote:
I'm guessing LAX-SHV is a test run to see how well it performs since it only lasts from 7/2 to 8/16 M&F. Even for just a seasonal route that seems like a very short duration. I hope it does well as Allegiant seems to like SHV and I hope we can get some more routes from them here in addition to the few we already have.

SHV better support this or it won't return. That said - they have shown their support on the other seasonal routes to VPS and SFB.
It's purely leisure and G4 can stimulate some demand for summer vacation travel. The production industry would have great appreciated this back a few years ago. Not sure there is much production going on in SHV area these days? (I could be wrong.)

PSU.DTW.SCE

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:59 pm

NCAD95 wrote:
PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
RAP.......wow. This is like April Fools.

I'm speechless.

Very logical adds per the press release.

Allegiant’s special routes for the Sturgis Bike Rally (Rapid City, South Dakota)

Appleton, Wisconsin (ATW): Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Grand Rapids, Michigan (GRR): Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Indianapolis (IND): Service begins Aug. 4: Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Knoxville, Tennessee (TYS): Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Nashville (BNA): Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Orlando/Sanford (SFB): Service begins Aug. 5, runs twice a week for two weeks
Peoria, Illinois (PIA): Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Pittsburgh (PIT): Service begins Aug. 5, runs twice a week for two weeks
Punta Gorda, Florida (PGD): Service begins Aug. 6, runs twice a week for two weeks

I'm good with the special flights around Sturgis, that makes sense.
Last night when we were initially thinking this was going to be a summer seasonal flight for 10-12 weeks at a time I was thinking this was nuts. I could think of several markets like GRR-SAV summer seasonal twice a week that have better success than RAP for the summer.

2eng2efficient

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:05 pm

tootallsd wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
2eng2efficient wrote:

Yeah I believe that. I used to have a neighbor with an RV. He’d drive to somewhere in the Black Hills with the RV and towing a couple bikes on a trailer, then they’d ride into Sturgis from there.

But you definitely aren’t checking a bike on G4! Although I’m sure they’d be happy to charge for it if it was possible...

stlgph

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:06 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
NCAD95 wrote:
PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

I'm speechless.

Allegiant’s special routes for the Sturgis Bike Rally (Rapid City, South Dakota)

Appleton, Wisconsin (ATW): Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Grand Rapids, Michigan (GRR): Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Indianapolis (IND): Service begins Aug. 4: Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Knoxville, Tennessee (TYS): Service begins Aug. 4, runs twice a week for two weeks
Punta Gorda, Florida (PGD): Service begins Aug. 6, runs twice a week for two weeks

I'm good with the special flights around Sturgis, that makes sense.
Last night when we were initially thinking this was going to be a summer seasonal flight for 10-12 weeks at a time I was thinking this was nuts. I could think of several markets like GRR-SAV summer seasonal twice a week that have better success than RAP for the summer.

Have you been to Rapid City?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

PBADC3

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:32 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

I'm speechless.

Apparently none of you guys have ever heard of the Sturgis bike rally and the 500-600K it draws. Yeah a big chunk is drive or ride, but as it’s become broader in his attraction, other customers are in the mix. And GRR-RAP is only 2X per week bracketing the rally.

Simmer down, everyone, the earth will continue to rotate on it’s axis.

flyfresno

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:42 pm

NCAD95 wrote:
PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

I'm speechless.

Ahhhhhhh ok, so this is a bit like how Augusta becomes one of the busiest airports in the SE for like 10 days every year for the Masters. I was wondering how they were going to sustain some of these flights, but this makes total sense. Not that Florida is an amazing place in August, but I'm willing to bet there will be some great deals from RAP during this period to make sure the planes are filled both ways!

AC4500

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:53 pm

GSPSPOT wrote:

And why aren't those popular leisure destinations?

AC4500

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:10 pm

PDX-GRR and PDX-DSM are very odd routes. It makes me wonder what Allegiant's process for planning new routes is like. They obviously don't look at past O&D numbers (or maybe they do, IDK...). I'm guessing Allegiant just sees PDX as a place of faster travel demand recovery from COVID-19 and they are willing to try new markets to PDX from destinations that they know well (such as GRR and DSM).

PDX-BIL/MSO seem like routes that they will do well on, and it'll force AS to lower their fares on these routes.

As others have stated, the RAP routes are very likely for the Sturgis bike rally based on the route start dates and that they only last for two weeks.
Last edited by AC4500 on Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FATFlyer

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:28 pm

Shipping bikes to Sturgis (or any rally) then flying commercial or private to the event happens regularly.

The Sturgis web page has a list of 12 motorcycle shipping companies. Many of them park their trailers at RAP which allows for easy pickup of the bike.
http://sturgis.com/resources/travel-cen ... e-and-gear

Has Allegiant chosen the right routes and can they market the special event flights well is what we will see.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

jbmitt

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:06 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
tootallsd wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:

I have seen a group of up to 20 have their bikes hauled up in a ta hauler and pick them up on arrival.

This happens a lot. Most of the riders aren’t getting younger and the wealthier ones are interested in the comfort of not riding cross country.

I’d be interested to see how KRAP flexes to make this work since it’s only short term.

TYSflyer

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:56 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
Also showing AVL-VPS.

Honestly, I’m surprised it took them this long to add this route given the success of both markets.

Agreed. That and AVL-MSY are the ones I have been expecting for a couple of years.

On the other hand, TYS-RAP is a shocker.

I was expecting big things when they first opened MSY, but it has not grown for G4 like I expected. I’m assuming it hasn’t performed as well as hoped. I’m honestly not sure why.

I was extremely excited about RAP until I realized it was just 4 flights total. It definitely makes sense that they are trying to chase some Sturgis travelers. I may have to try to get on a flight. How many times do you think a commercial nonstop flight from TYS-RAP will be available in the future haha?!

sldispatcher

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:04 pm

LA basin is a top destination from SHV
More than a few take the Vegas flight to remt a car and drive the rest of the way.

July and August are top months for family reunions.

As far as RAP ‘hate’ going on here, it exploded in the months leading up to Covid with Big 3 service expansion. The area is a tourist hot spot right now.
Keep an eye on it.

RJNUT

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:51 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
LA basin is a top destination from SHV
More than a few take the Vegas flight to remt a car and drive the rest of the way.

This is interesting as i am considering a similar plan. I need to rush home to PSP this summer for a week and am considering flying G4 TVC-AZA and driving the roundtrip 4 hr. each way to PSP. Have never flown G4 and want to try.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:56 pm

I'm not hating on RAP, yes I've been there and its a nice area. My comment about Mt. Rushmore was a bit of hyperbole.
When it was first mentioned that GRR-RAP was starting this summer, it seems a little far-fetched that there was enough consistent, weekly demand to make such work.
My original comments were like wow, ok, but when it was said its 4 flights arcross 2 weeks for Sturgis that does make sense.
The flights around Sturgis make sense, with the influx of people with discretionary income that come from all over the country.

I doubt anyone would've guessed last week that some of these were even on anyone's radar like TYS/GRR-RAP.

freakyrat

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:05 pm

Two seasonal routes that have been requested by these airports are SBN-MYR and PIA-MYR. Hopefully when things get back to normal these can get put back on the front burner.

FATFlyer

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:42 pm

jbmitt wrote:
This happens a lot. Most of the riders aren’t getting younger and the wealthier ones are interested in the comfort of not riding cross country.

I’d be interested to see how KRAP flexes to make this work since it’s only short term.

There is also a time factor for some. Riding/driving several days each way eats into the vacation time from work available to spend at the rally itself. Some would prefer to maximize their days at the rally rather than on the road.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

mhkansan

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:43 pm

Still hoping that MHK is added back someday!

SteveXC500

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:24 pm

For the RAP adds, does anyone believe there is some financial incentives at work here too? South Dakota has been pumping adds for tourism, especially into a more "restricted" nearby Minnesota, for example. Heck, one ad was for a town of 1200 people and it aired in the Twin Cities market of over 3MM.
That said, I wouldn't put it past anyone to see SD requesting G4 add these during Sturgis, not just for Sturgis but to showcase SD tourism. Though, I would argue they should have slotted these new routes in for the duration of summer too.

alasizon

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:37 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
For the RAP adds, does anyone believe there is some financial incentives at work here too? South Dakota has been pumping adds for tourism, especially into a more "restricted" nearby Minnesota, for example. Heck, one ad was for a town of 1200 people and it aired in the Twin Cities market of over 3MM.
That said, I wouldn't put it past anyone to see SD requesting G4 add these during Sturgis, not just for Sturgis but to showcase SD tourism. Though, I would argue they should have slotted these new routes in for the duration of summer too.

Other than Florida for traffic in both directions, I would imagine SD would target BNA/PHL/NYC/WAS for seasonal service before going after their smaller markets but I could be wrong.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

gdavis003

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:55 pm

I am waiting to see some announcement that suggests that G4 is going to be a major sponsor of Sturgis. That would certainly boost these routes, as people might not know of these routes otherwise. If the word gets out, people will ship their bikes to Sturgis and fly, as long as they know about the existence of the routes. A partnership between the two might assist with that.

Lavdumper

Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:08 pm

I would expect more north-south flights added out of SAV to the NY area in the future. SAV's proximity to Hilton Head makes it easy for a lot of New Yorkers who spend time in that area (sometimes multiple trips per year). I know SYR could use more flights to SAV and MYR (in addition to current flights to FLL, SFB and PGD). No doubt Breeze is watching all of this closely.

flyjoe

Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:12 am

jikei wrote:
Looks like USA-SRQ is new too. I'm hoping some day they'll add more western-ish flights as they're all FL except New Orleans. Maybe when they open the base (which was delayed due to Covid)

G4 has a lot of potential out of Concord with destinations to the west, northeast, etc. I guess G4 may not want to poke the AA bear a few miles down the road. AA probably is happy to co-exist on low yield and imited frequency vacation destinations.

jgcotter

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:53 pm

A320 RP-C3262 (N288NV) is en route CAN-MNL-GUM-HNL-ONT-SFB for delivery. (Subject to change en route.)

kfinger

Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:04 pm

It's great that G4 is starting more service, including ramping up at sunny CA places like SNA and SAN. With the opening of PDX, is G4 moving toward connecting small towns to big cities in general, not just to "warm" destinations?

GSPSPOT

Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:23 am

AC4500 wrote:
GSPSPOT wrote:

I just need to know why they would be. Yes, Portland is a decent sized city/metro, but not a tourist draw, certainly after the last year or so. RAP is near-ish to some summer tourist sites, but that level of increase doesn't make sense. MYR, Florida, Arizona, LAS, some CA airports and maybe even AVL all make sense to me vs these two.
Great Lakes, great life.

sprxUSA

Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:52 am

GSPSPOT wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
GSPSPOT wrote:

I just need to know why they would be. Yes, Portland is a decent sized city/metro, but not a tourist draw, certainly after the last year or so. RAP is near-ish to some summer tourist sites, but that level of increase doesn't make sense. MYR, Florida, Arizona, LAS, some CA airports and maybe even AVL all make sense to me vs these two.

Well as stated prior to your post, most RAP are a very few flights just around the Sturgis rally. Not a season long many flights to fill offering. Perhaps they expect a few HD folks from MKE to drive to ATW to fly to RAP LOL. But I can't see even those flights doing anything worth the time IMO.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

jgcotter

Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:04 pm

jgcotter wrote:
A320 RP-C3262 (N288NV) is en route CAN-MNL-GUM-HNL-ONT-SFB for delivery. (Subject to change en route.)

Re-filed ONT to SJO, to Coopesa, an MRO at SJO for further induction work.
Here’s a pick on arrival to SJO:
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/1005516 ... ce=iOS+App

Midwestindy

Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 am

Schedule updated pushed out to mid-November
ORD & IND

AA & DL

alohashirts

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:30 am

I think we might be seeing G4 renter SGU. There is word that a low-cost airline will be announcing SGU service within the next month or two. They flew SGU-AZA a couple years ago but had low demand. If G4 does come back to SGU I can see them doing SGU-OAK/PDX/BOI

Cboyle

Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:26 pm

alohashirts wrote:
I think we might be seeing G4 renter SGU. There is word that a low-cost airline will be announcing SGU service within the next month or two. They flew SGU-AZA a couple years ago but had low demand. If G4 does come back to SGU I can see them doing SGU-OAK/PDX/BOI

If this is true and they are having an expansion in the next month, how about a couple new routes from BOS?

RL757PVD

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:41 pm

Cboyle wrote:
alohashirts wrote:

If this is true and they are having an expansion in the next month, how about a couple new routes from BOS?

I don't think their BOS stuff is doing that great... i've heard the loads are mostly sub 40% even the Florida stuff. The BOS adds are mostly/entirely functions of strong G4 stations to round out their portfolio enough to keep airlines like F9 and NK from growing in those places in which G4 is successful (i.e. GRR, AVL, TYS) G4 has proven they can grow to be more than just Florida in decent small markets like these. Even IND, G4 has shown they can do more than what F9 or NK could there.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

Wneast

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:44 pm

What could allegiant add from geg ?

AC4500

Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Wneast wrote:

I could definitely see:
AZA (Year-round)
LAX (Year-round)
**this could easily supplement GEG-SNA...

Maybe:
SAN (Winter Seasonal)
PSP (Winter Seasonal)

Long-shots:
BNA (Summer seasonal)
**they've turned BNA into quite the focus city lately...
PDX (Year-round)
**If AS continues to go soft on this route (just 4x daily Q400s), I think there would be room for them in the market.

Wneast

Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:03 pm

AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

I could definitely see:
AZA (Year-round)
LAX (Year-round)
**this could easily supplement GEG-SNA...

Maybe:
SAN (Winter Seasonal)
PSP (Winter Seasonal)

Long-shots:
BNA (Summer seasonal)
**they've turned BNA into quite the focus city lately...
PDX (Year-round)
**If AS continues to go soft on this route (just 4x daily Q400s), I think there would be room for them in the market.

I mean BNA doesn’t seem that crazy if there doing a flight to BOI

TYSflyer

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:27 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Cboyle wrote:
alohashirts wrote:

I don't think their BOS stuff is doing that great... i've heard the loads are mostly sub 40% even the Florida stuff. The BOS adds are mostly/entirely functions of strong G4 stations to round out their portfolio enough to keep airlines like F9 and NK from growing in those places in which G4 is successful (i.e. GRR, AVL, TYS) G4 has proven they can grow to be more than just Florida in decent small markets like these. Even IND, G4 has shown they can do more than what F9 or NK could there.

I think you are exactly right. For TYS, the loads on many of the non Florida routes minus LAS have been terrible, but they keep flying them. I feel, in addition to the airlines you mentioned above, that they are flying many of these non Florida routes (I.e. BOS, MDW) from small markets to deter Breeze from entering these markets. I really don’t see any markets in the east that Breeze could realistically enter in TYS or AVL that would not have competition from G4.

AVLAirlineFreq

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:33 pm

RL757PVD wrote:

Interestingly, AA announced AVL-BOS yesterday, to be flown seasonally June to early November.

TYSflyer

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:38 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

Interestingly, AA announced AVL-BOS yesterday, to be flown seasonally June to early November.

I think long term AVL-BOS will be a great addition for the B6-AA parternership as we continue to recover from Covid, and I anticipate it will eventually be flown year round. Further, in the BOS/Northeast market you obviously have the name recognition for B6 and AA on the route. But if you have some time to kill, you ought to do some dummy bookings on G4 over the next few weeks for AVL-BOS and compare to some of their Florida routes. Loads are pretty miserable at the moment although I anticipate they will improve.

AVLAirlineFreq

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:06 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

I think long term AVL-BOS will be a great addition for the B6-AA parternership as we continue to recover from Covid, and I anticipate it will eventually be flown year round. Further, in the BOS/Northeast market you obviously have the name recognition for B6 and AA on the route. But if you have some time to kill, you ought to do some dummy bookings on G4 over the next few weeks for AVL-BOS and compare to some of their Florida routes. Loads are pretty miserable at the moment although I anticipate they will improve.

Yeah, despite BOS being the top unserved nonstop destination from AVL I was surprised AVL-BOS was announced as year-round by G4 even before the pandemic.

Boiler905

Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:45 am

Lavdumper wrote:
Very interesting route pairings! Will also be interesting to see how Allegiant and Breeze attempt to fill the point-to-point voids going forward.

Do we think G4 will just sit by and allow Breeze to fly wherever they want to if it doesn't overlap?

G4 initially succeeded because it flew monopoly P2P markets for years on low costs, which sounds like Breeze will aim to replicate with enhancements. So will G4 allow someone else to fly opportunities which they could be operating? G4 hasn't really played defense in any way yet, but Breeze could bring out a different side I think.

Not to mention Breeze's planning team is mostly former G4 so there's a proven track record of "turning over stones" no one else knew were there in terms of untapped markets.
Boiler Up

MavyWavyATR

Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:39 am

Looking at Allegiant's route map, I wonder if they ever gave consideration to linking BOS and/or EWR with LAS/LAX. The only question would be if G4's A319's & A320's could even do transcon profitably in their high density configuration.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos