Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 2259
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:27 pm

Welcome to the Greek Aviation Thread 2021. Please continue to post your news and your discussion here.

Link to previous thread:

Greek Aviation Thread - 2020
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25349
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:53 pm

EU clears 120 million euros to support Greece's Aegean Airlines

EU regulators approved on Wednesday a state grant of 120 million euros ($146.48 million) for Greece's national carrier Aegean Airlines to help the airline with damage suffered during the coronavirus crisis.

The support consists of a direct grant of 120 million euros, an amount that does not exceed the estimated damage directly caused to the airline between March 23 and June 30, the EU Commission said.

www.ekathimerini.com/260608/article/eka ... n-airlines

--

Aegean Airlines to make a strong recovery in 2021

Starting in the summer 2021 season, the Greek airline will offer more than 100 destinations around the world, including five new routes from France.

In order to better irrigate the country and support the revival of the tourism industry in Greece, Aegean Airlines will significantly strengthen its network for the 2021 summer season. The carrier will position between 17 and 20 aircraft from its fleet departing from regional Greek airports to offer a total of 65 scheduled international routes. Four aircraft will be positioned in Thessaloniki, 7 to 8 in Heraklion, 2 to 4 in Rhodes, 1 in Chania, Corfu, Mykonos and Santorini. These scheduled routes will be supplemented by 50 additional rotations dedicated to charter flights, bringing the number of destinations served to more than 100. 37 to 40 aircraft will remain in Athens, Aegean Airlines' main hub.

www.aircosmosinternational.com/article/ ... -2021-3034
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:12 pm

So far, apart from Aegean's new routes we have for 2021:

-Sky Express starting on 28th of March ATH-BRU daily exc. Sat (the rest were mentioned on the previous thread LCA,CDG,DTM,HAM)

-Wizzair finally starting (if covid allows it) AUH-ATH on the 15th of Jan and new route AUH-SKG on the 4th of Feb., both 2w, plus DSA,CWL to HER

Easyjet announcing for S21 LTN-ZTH, MAN-KGS, MXP-CHQ..Also bringing forward all LTN-Greece routes from the end of March, which is a gamble given that flu and all viruses are at peak time that period of the year...

-Jet2 and its new BRS base with flights to:CFU,EFL, HER, JSI,JTR, KLX, KGS, MJT, PVK, SKG, ZTH, new NCL flights to EFL,JSI,JTR and 135 extra summer flights to CFU, EFL, HER, JTR, KGS, RHO, ZTH from STN, MAN, BHX, LBA

-new Condor ZRH base and flights to HER, RHO, KGS, LCA, plus HAM-CHQ,PVK,SMI, BER-CHQ,ZTH
-new CHair Flights from ZRH to CFU,SKG,KGS

-both EI and FR from DUB to JTR

-Corendon from BSL-HER,KGS, LGW-HER,RHO, WAW-HER, NRN-HER,RHO, NUE-SKG, HAM-RHO
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:44 am

How many neos does Sky Express have? Will they offer connections in Athens?
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Blerg wrote:
How many neos does Sky Express have? Will they offer connections in Athens?


So far 2..They are aiming for 6..They are already offering some connections and they have agreements with lots of foreign carriers..
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
Someone83
Posts: 5248
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:51 am

Does Aegean operates A320neo on behalf of their regional company Olympic? There might be several other examples but have noticed Olympic flight OA140, seems to be operated by an A320neo belonging to Aegean?
 
User avatar
Panagiotis
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:14 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Does Aegean operates A320neo on behalf of their regional company Olympic? There might be several other examples but have noticed Olympic flight OA140, seems to be operated by an A320neo belonging to Aegean?

They do but not only with the NEOS: the entire fleet (A319/320/321) can be found on OA flights regularly on their high demand domestic routes
 
User avatar
BoilerAviation
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:38 pm

Hopefully by summer 2021 we see some sort of close-to-normal levels depending on how the vaccination goes, Aegean probably hoping for the same. Let's see how many of those flights still are scheduled come April/May, fingers crossed for all of them. gia na doyme
 
debonair
Posts: 4203
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:01 pm

BoilerAviation wrote:
Hopefully by summer 2021 we see some sort of close-to-normal levels depending on how the vaccination goes, Aegean probably hoping for the same. Let's see how many of those flights still are scheduled come April/May, fingers crossed for all of them. gia na doyme


I am very concerned about ELLINAIR, only handful of flights for March 2021 uploaded - that's it! No flights during January and February and so far no summer schedule (yet).
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am

Someone83 wrote:
Does Aegean operates A320neo on behalf of their regional company Olympic? There might be several other examples but have noticed Olympic flight OA140, seems to be operated by an A320neo belonging to Aegean?


All Aegean flights between ATH and LCA are operated by Olympic and these days they sent the A321neo quite often.
 
debonair
Posts: 4203
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:45 pm

Blerg wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
All Aegean flights between ATH and LCA are operated by Olympic and these days they sent the A321neo quite often.


Bit confusing... The flight number is Olympic Air (OA), but the flight is actually operated by Aegean Airlines - as OA has only Dash8Q400 and ATR42 in its fleet.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25349
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:42 pm

debonair wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
All Aegean flights between ATH and LCA are operated by Olympic and these days they sent the A321neo quite often.


Bit confusing... The flight number is Olympic Air (OA), but the flight is actually operated by Aegean Airlines - as OA has only Dash8Q400 and ATR42 in its fleet.


Although it does clearly state it when you book . Various airlines have “Operated by “ flights.


Image
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5868
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:06 pm

Dublin-Santorini on Ryanair is interesting. Is it Ryanair's longest route to a Greek island? Maybe they will launch new JTR/JMK routes to Spain, France or the UK in the future.

Also interesting nobody seems to fly DUB-Mykonos. I reckon it is not a good fit.
 
runway23
Posts: 2387
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:12 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:28 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Does Aegean operates A320neo on behalf of their regional company Olympic? There might be several other examples but have noticed Olympic flight OA140, seems to be operated by an A320neo belonging to Aegean?


All domestic flights and Cyprus are sold under the OA code. You have the trunk routes that are operated by A3 and others by OA.

The international flights are all sold under A3 code but you sometimes have flights operated by OA with their Q400s.

Been like that for many years now.
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 1219
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:49 pm

It is interesting to me that Athens airport on Google Maps doesn't allow one to zoom in with much of a focus. Yes, we can see the general layout, but details such as runway markings and gates and aircraft aren't visible. Move off the airport grounds a bit, and BOOM! All cleared up.

I love the urban exploration videos of Hellinikon airport and the old facilities! It is utterly fascinating to see these buildings and really not be able to get a sense of how anything worked. I'm always sorry I never got to see it in use; however, from what I have been told, it could be one of the circles of hell on a hot and crowded day. I will, however, visit the flight museum there with the old Olympic Airways planes "stranded" on the tarmac.

From second-hand experience, though, several different Greeks I know love Aegean, so I do hope it is given assistance to carry on after quarantines are lifted.

Question: pre-Covid, what was the last airline to run USA-Athens year-round?
 
bennett123
Posts: 10758
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Did they open a museum at Hellinikon?. I know there was talk of doing so.

I only used it once.


Went through security and set the alarm off. Security sent me back and it happened again. He just waved me through.
 
GZM1
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:26 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

1.I love the urban exploration videos of Hellinikon airport and the old facilities! It is utterly fascinating to see these buildings and really not be able to get a sense of how anything worked.
2.I will, however, visit the flight museum there with the old Olympic Airways planes "stranded" on the tarmac.

3.Question: pre-Covid, what was the last airline to run USA-Athens year-round?

1.The old airport worked better than the new one because the distances within were shorter, the two terminals were autonomous, the planes upon exiting the runway were near the parking ramp most of the time and it never closed due to weather conditions. At Hellinikon it never snowed to give you an example...
2.A word of caution: There is no flight museum because the owner, Lamda Development is opposed to it and two months ago they demolished every-thing at the West Air Terminal. Only the bare ramp remains. As for the airplanes their fate is not certain in such an adverse and hostile situation.
3.Only Olympic Airlines flew year-round because it was the national airline and they had to. After 2009, Olympic’s successors know on which side their toast is buttered...
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:40 pm

GZM1 wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

1.I love the urban exploration videos of Hellinikon airport and the old facilities! It is utterly fascinating to see these buildings and really not be able to get a sense of how anything worked.
2.I will, however, visit the flight museum there with the old Olympic Airways planes "stranded" on the tarmac.

3.Question: pre-Covid, what was the last airline to run USA-Athens year-round?

1.The old airport worked better than the new one because the distances within were shorter, the two terminals were autonomous, the planes upon exiting the runway were near the parking ramp most of the time and it never closed due to weather conditions. At Hellinikon it never snowed to give you an example...
2.A word of caution: There is no flight museum because the owner, Lamda Development is opposed to it and two months ago they demolished every-thing at the West Air Terminal. Only the bare ramp remains. As for the airplanes their fate is not certain in such an adverse and hostile situation.
3.Only Olympic Airlines flew year-round because it was the national airline and they had to. After 2009, Olympic’s successors know on which side their toast is buttered...


Actually EK flies year-round ATH-EWR..it did pre-covid
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
GZM1
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Actually my cousin came for Christmas in 2019 on EK (Boeing 777) and it was full. However, the American authorities did not give EK good slots (hours later than the usual evening departure times) so as not to compete directly with their own airlines. It is strange though that all three of those airlines would not come to terms (gentlemen’s agreement) about who could pick all the winter traffic that once belonged to TWA and Olympic!
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:14 am

GZM1 wrote:
Actually my cousin came for Christmas in 2019 on EK (Boeing 777) and it was full. However, the American authorities did not give EK good slots (hours later than the usual evening departure times) so as not to compete directly with their own airlines. It is strange though that all three of those airlines would not come to terms (gentlemen’s agreement) about who could pick all the winter traffic that once belonged to TWA and Olympic!


And yet i find it strange that neither DL nor UA, which used to fly 2daily and daily in summer, with their respective JFK/EWR hubs and vast network cannot support a year-round ATH-NY, even a 5w, while EK does with only JetBlue to help them feed reciprocally their networks
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:32 am

OA260 wrote:
debonair wrote:
Blerg wrote:


Bit confusing... The flight number is Olympic Air (OA), but the flight is actually operated by Aegean Airlines - as OA has only Dash8Q400 and ATR42 in its fleet.


Although it does clearly state it when you book . Various airlines have “Operated by “ flights.


Image


Aegean codeshares on these flights and that's what they are showing when you are booking flights. However, in reality flights are operated by Olympic. This you can see on LCA's website: https://www.hermesairports.com/flight-i ... rtures-lca

If you open FR24 and look for flights between ATH and LCA, they will all carry the OA code which is Olympic.
 
debonair
Posts: 4203
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Blerg wrote:
If you open FR24 and look for flights between ATH and LCA, they will all carry the OA code which is Olympic.


True, but if you click on the aircraft flying, all are from Aegean and none from Olympic. Otherwise pls. provide a valid registration of an Olympic plane fling this route.

Flight OA902 is been operating on 19Jan with SX-DVM:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/oa902

If you check the registration SX-DVM it will show Aegean as operator:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sx-dvm
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:48 pm

debonair wrote:
Blerg wrote:
If you open FR24 and look for flights between ATH and LCA, they will all carry the OA code which is Olympic.


True, but if you click on the aircraft flying, all are from Aegean and none from Olympic. Otherwise pls. provide a valid registration of an Olympic plane fling this route.

Flight OA902 is been operating on 19Jan with SX-DVM:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/oa902

If you check the registration SX-DVM it will show Aegean as operator:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sx-dvm


I wasn't speaking about the equipment used but rather the code and the airline that operates flights between Larnaca and Athens. I've flown a hundred times on this route using the Aegean code. From what I remember this was changed to OA because they inherited some contracts with lower costs, I think it had to do with IATA.
 
rukundo
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:10 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:16 pm

Hello

Anyone know why this Aegean A321Neo SX-NAC is operating a flight from Zanzibar (Tanzania). Charter for Greek tourists ? Repatriation flight ?

https://www.flightradar24.com/AWG8002/26c338d7

Thanks
Rwanda Aviation
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:30 pm

rukundo wrote:
Hello

Anyone know why this Aegean A321Neo SX-NAC is operating a flight from Zanzibar (Tanzania). Charter for Greek tourists ? Repatriation flight ?

https://www.flightradar24.com/AWG8002/26c338d7

Thanks


Romanian charter for Animawings where Aegean has 25% share ..Animawings leased the A321N from A3..
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:08 am

Aegean reschedules their return to Belgrade from early April to March 2. I wouldn't be surprised if the Greek government plans to lift entry restrictions for Serbs.

Flights are already in the system. Two weekly on the A319, each Tuesday and Saturday.
 
User avatar
Melbourne
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:29 am

marcogr12 wrote:
rukundo wrote:
Hello

Anyone know why this Aegean A321Neo SX-NAC is operating a flight from Zanzibar (Tanzania). Charter for Greek tourists ? Repatriation flight ?

https://www.flightradar24.com/AWG8002/26c338d7

Thanks


Romanian charter for Animawings where Aegean has 25% share ..Animawings leased the A321N from A3..


Aegean Airlines A321neos will also be operating flights to Phuket and Krabi in Thailand:

    Bucharest (OTP) 23:00 - 05:00 (+1) Muscat (MCT) 06:00 (+1) - 16:00 (+1) Phuket (HKT);
    Phuket (HKT) 17:00 - 19:00 Muscat (MCT) 20:00 - 23:59 Bucharest (OTP).
    Cluj Napoca (CLJ) 23:00 - 05:00 (+1) Muscat (MCT) 06:00 (+1) - 16:00 (+1) Phuket (HKT);
    Phuket (HKT) 17:00 - 19:00 Muscat (MCT) 20:00 - 23:59 Cluj Napoca (CLJ).

Services will be operated between November and March (2022)
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 am

Is Muscat-Phuket around 8 hours? That should be tight on the A321neo. I guess they will have weight restrictions.
 
chonetsao
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:41 am

Blerg wrote:
Is Muscat-Phuket around 8 hours? That should be tight on the A321neo. I guess they will have weight restrictions.


MCT is in time zone UTC+4, and HKT is UTC+7, so 3 hours difference normally.

The flight time quoted by melbourne is 7 hours from MCT to HKT, and 5 hours return, which seemed odd. For a distance of 2,800 miles, I would thought average 6 hours block time is expected. I can't imagine the wind is so prevailing that there would be 2 hours difference in outbound and inbound service.

But for reference, Emirates schedule DXB-HKT flight as 6hrs30min outbound and 5hrs55mins inbound.
 
oldJoe
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:19 pm

Blerg wrote:
Is Muscat-Phuket around 8 hours? That should be tight on the A321neo. I guess they will have weight restrictions.


Aegean has A321-271NX variants so Airbus Cabin Flex and up to three ACT`s and therefore should be no problem

EASA certicate ( 9.5 )

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/TCDS_EASA%20A%20064_%20Airbus_%20A318_A319_A320_A321_Iss_46.pdf
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25349
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:51 pm

Fraport Greece has completed its renovation and construction programs link to press release here:

Fraport Greece Completes Four-Year Construction Program for the 14 Greek Regional Airports

Fraport Greece delivers redeveloped and modernized airports ahead of schedule – New services, more comfort and more choices for passengers

10.02.2021
Three months ahead of schedule, Fraport Greece has completed a major four-year infrastructure development program at the 14 regional airports .Thus, Fraport Greece is delivering redeveloped, safe and future-oriented airports that provide new services, greater comfort, and more amenities to Greek and international travellers from around the world.

https://www.fraport-greece.com/eng/medi ... l-airports

A major upgrading in Greece’s Airports which will improve passenger experiences .
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:28 am

 
A330Inter
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:49 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:


Sad but not surprising, they probably didn't have much revenue last year as not being able to sub-lease their aircraft and demand for 2021 must be very very dry.
They're not operating scheduled flights if I'm correct?


On another note, what's happening with Air Mediterranean?
 
debonair
Posts: 4203
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:20 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:


A330Inter wrote:
On another note, what's happening with Air Mediterranean?


Errr... Did I missed something? I thought Orange2Fly was dissolved already in 2020 after they lost the contract to MV:
https://www.exyuaviation.com/2020/01/ai ... ed-in.html

Air Mediterranean is going strong, flying A320 - despite flying under IATA code of Trade Air, the flights are listed in PRN as Air Mediterranean:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9a-btg
http://www.airportpristina.com/

Besides PRN, SX_MAM is operting in the Middle East. I am getting old, I can't remember for which airline, sorry! Maybe someone can clarify!
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/sx-mam
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:55 pm

Easyjet will open a batch of new S21 routes to Greece (covid permitting)..

BER-JTR 4w
BER-JMK 4w
BRS-JTR 1w
BRS-JMK 1w
BRS-PVK 2w
LTN-JTR 2w
LTN-PVK 2w
LTN-ZTH 2w
BFS-CFU 1w
MAN-KGS 2w
MXP-CHQ 2w
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:06 pm

Wizzair is also opening up new summer routes to the greek islands:

All 2 weekly
WAW-HER
WAW-JTR
OTP-CFU
OTP-ZTH
KRK-HER
KRK-JTR
KTW-CFU
KIV-HER
OSL-CHQ (first route to Chania for Wizzair)

Blue Air also is opening OTP-HER,JMK.RHO,ZTH
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
OlympicATH
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2001 8:43 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:13 pm

Looks like Aegean has loaded some changes to/from London this summer:
-3 weekly SKG-LHR service - replacing the evening ATH-LHR flight on Mon/Thu/Sat
-5 weekly HER-LHR on Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun - moved from LGW
-2 weekly JTR-LHR on Tue/Sat - new service which was supposed to operate at LGW

It looks like CFU will remain at LGW (4 weekly).

I wonder what the arrangement is for the new LHR slots (used for the HER and JTR flights). Assume this is temporary while several airlines have suspended flights due to COVID-19.
 
debonair
Posts: 4203
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:13 pm

Nice surprise for the summer will be NEOS B787 from MXP to HER...
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:00 pm

debonair wrote:
Nice surprise for the summer will be NEOS B787 from MXP to HER...


It's not anything new..It's been coming the past couple of years from MXP and VRN to both HER and RHO,along with TUIs 767,787s to HER,CHQ,RHO,KGS
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25349
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:26 am

Emirates are restarting daily DXB-ATH-EWR flights from 1st June.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:23 am

debonair wrote:
davidjohnson6 wrote:


Errr... Did I missed something? I thought Orange2Fly was dissolved already in 2020 after they lost the contract to MV:
https://www.exyuaviation.com/2020/01/ai ... ed-in.html


I think Orange2Fly is still alive as an airline - i.e. has not been dissolved - but now having some serious financial issues
German, headline is "Orange 2 Fly is threatened with extinction" - https://www.aerotelegraph.com/orange-2- ... ht-das-aus
Greek, headline is "Orange2Fly Airlines in Danger of Collapse - Loan Application Not Approved" - https://www.newsbreak.gr/epixeiriseis/1 ... -i-aitisi/
 
User avatar
AECM
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Today there is a TAP Portugal A339 (TAP9120) flying LIS-ATH on a charter flight (football related). The flight should depart LIS at 16h00 GMT and it should remain in ATH until tomorrow night or Friday morning.
 
LHAM
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:45 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:29 am

SKY Express airlines who only recently expanded to jet aircraft by receiving new A320 NEOs started flights to Larnaca Cyprus as part of their international expansion. Up to three daily flights between ATH and LCA will be operated.

https://www.hermesairports.com/corporate/press-office/media-releases/sky-express-commences-flights-operation-to-cyprus?fbclid=IwAR28K3QjOd0h1jd7IlQZS1B6NHBk6FnhpXXDxzfgk4094DpvnX34aYbBnnw

The welcoming of the first flight in LCA:

https://fb.watch/3VOt8iwc-E/
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5868
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:07 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
Wizzair is also opening up new summer routes to the greek islands:

All 2 weekly
WAW-HER
WAW-JTR
OTP-CFU
OTP-ZTH
KRK-HER
KRK-JTR
KTW-CFU
KIV-HER
OSL-CHQ (first route to Chania for Wizzair)

Blue Air also is opening OTP-HER,JMK.RHO,ZTH


It seems both Ryanair and Wizz Air have added a few more routes:

FR

DUB-JTR
HHN-JMK
NAP-JMK
STN-JTR
TLV-JTR


W6

BUD-CHQ
CLJ-JMK
CLJ-ZTH
DEB-JTR
GDN-JTR
IAS-JTR
SOF-CFU
SOF-CHQ
SOF-JTR
TLV-JMK
TLV-JTR
VIE-CHQ
VNO-JTR
WAW-CHQ
WAW-PVK


I wonder if Wizz Air Abu Dhabi will ever launch flights from AUH to Santorini and Mykonos once COVID is finished. There are no flights between the UAE and those 2 islands.
 
User avatar
Melbourne
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:28 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
I wonder if Wizz Air Abu Dhabi will ever launch flights from AUH to Santorini and Mykonos once COVID is finished. There are no flights between the UAE and those 2 islands.

JMK was the only island to have a direct service from the Gulf prior to COVID and that was with QR seasonally
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:21 pm

Vueling is adding 2w FLR-JMK/JTR,

FR DUB-RHO 2w, PSA-JSI 2w, STN-PVK, STN-ZTH

W6 WAW-SKG 2w, TLV-RHO/HER

Bulgaria Air is adding SOF-SKG,CFU,HER,RHO with E190s, A319,A320
Lumiwings will be flying from Forli Airport to HER,CFU,EFL,RHO,JTR with "brand new" 733s

Eurowings is adding DTM-HER 3w and DTM-KVA 2w

Condor is going double daily on FRA-HER and DUS-HER plus enhancing FRA/DUS/MUC-RHO

Transavia France is adding LYS-RHO, JTR and ORY-PVK

Volotea is introducing the postponed JMK-DBV,HER,TRN, LYS-JTR
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25349
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:46 pm

Looking at the Aer Lingus schedules they seem to have cancelled a lot of flights for May from DUB - ATH / JTR / RHO .
 
debonair
Posts: 4203
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:51 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
Lumiwings will be flying from Forli Airport to HER,CFU,EFL,RHO,JTR with "brand new" 733s


According to their webpage, they have ONE active B737-300 SX-LWA in operation and B737-400 (on order?). Any more information available regarding their planned fleet for summer - I mean one B733 is suicidal... Just one delay and the house of cards will collapse!
 
marcogr12
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:26 pm

FR announced major summer expansion in Greece with 46 new routes, domestic and international, from 3 "new" bases, CFU, CHQ, RHO (2 of them are re-launches)..

CFU-HER
CFU-JTR
CFU-PFO
CFU-TLV
CFU-BCN
CFU-MRS
CFU-MXP
CFU-VRN
CFU-CPH
CFU-AAR
CFU-WRO
CFU-KRK
CFU-ODS
CFU-SBZ
CFU-FMO
CFU-FKB
CFU-NRN
CFU-NUE

CHQ-JMK
CHQ-TLV
CHQ-BRI
CHQ-CIA
CHQ-BLQ
CHQ-MLA
CHQ-TSF
CHQ-CGN
CHQ-BRE
CHQ-BER
CHQ-BUD
CHQ-LBA
CHQ-NCL
CHQ-BLL
CHQ-KBP

RHO-SKG
RHO-HER
RHO-PFO
RHO-TLV
RHO-SCV
RHO-WMI
RHO-BDS
RHO-BCN
RHO-MRS
RHO-FMM
RHO-TSF
RHO-BHX
RHO-DUB
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 25349
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Greek Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:53 pm

To celebrate 200 years of the Independence Aegean flew their aircraft to draw 200 over Greece.


Image


Link to video here :

https://youtu.be/Jgp6h9B0ZY4

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos