Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SQ22
Topic Author

West Coast Florida (TPA, PIE, SRQ, PGD, RSW, APF) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:46 pm

Welcome to the West Coast Florida Aviation Thread 2021. This thread is covering TPA, PIE, SRQ, PGD, RSW, APF.

Please continue to post your news and your discussion here.

Link to previous thread:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1438025

SRQLOT

Re: West Coast Florida (TPA, PIE, SRQ, PGD, RSW, APF) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:42 am

Happy New Year to all!

Just going thru local news and read that United starts daily IAH - SRQ next month on E175s!
https://news.google.com/articles/CBMigw ... id=US%3Aen

Wondered how long it would have taken for them to respond. Also the update is in the United routes thread.

SRQLOT

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:56 pm

One more update for SRQ. Allegiant will start Peoria, Illinois twice weekly stating May 27. It’s nice it starts for summer, and hopefully more will be added so SRQ has a more steady flight schedule year round.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/bus ... 638485002/

CMHSRQ

Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 pm

Here is the March schedule for SRQ, peaks at 56 daily flights. Which will be a record if it holds.
https://srq-airport.com/sites/default/files/March%202021%20Flight%20Schedule.pdf

PennPal

Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:00 pm

According to local reports, Allegiant will begin service to Key West, Jackson Hole, and Portland, OR from PGD in June.

NWADTWE16

Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:26 pm

That schedule is starting to remind me of SRQ when I was young and would watch Continental, Eastern, Northwest, Piedmont, USAir, PanAm express etc one after the other over our pool. SRQ and RSW have benefited the most from the change in travel habits nationally IMO

SRQLOT

Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:19 pm

Not to make this thread all SRQ, but:

Numbers are out and “ Passenger traffic in 2020 fell 37% at the airport compared to 2019, according to statistics from the airport released on Friday. In 2020, 1,236,986 passengers traveled through the airport, compared to 1,966,950 the year before.”
Considering April was only 10 grand and May-August were around 50 grand per month this is a decent result.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMikg ... id=US%3Aen

Overall not bad!
2020 1,236,986
2019 1,966,950
2018 1,371,888
2017 1,181,332

SRQLOT

Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:05 am

Another one for SRQ. Year round on Southwest to Atlanta starting March 11!! Looks like once daily. With Delta 7 daily in March that will be a lot of Atlanta flying.

https://srq-airport.com/southwest-adds- ... onstop-atl

F9LASDEN

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:49 pm

F9 is opening a crew base in TPA in May 2021.

https://news.flyfrontier.com/frontier-a ... anta-base/

avi8

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:20 pm

F9LASDEN wrote:

First crew base at TPA in a while. I remember when it was rumored that WN was going to open a base there. If Frontier wished to grow significantly, I wonder which gates they would use?

cledaybuck

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:57 am

PennPal wrote:
According to local reports, Allegiant will begin service to Key West, Jackson Hole, and Portland, OR from PGD in June.

PGD-JAC? Wow.

phatfarmlines

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:30 am

avi8 wrote:
F9LASDEN wrote:

First crew base at TPA in a while. I remember when it was rumored that WN was going to open a base there. If Frontier wished to grow significantly, I wonder which gates they would use?

Pre-COVID, TPA was starting to face a gate crunch with heavy gate usage at all airsides. I don't know if airlines will materially reduce TPA flying as part of an industry restructure that will occur in a post-COVID environment, as airlines will continue to put capacity in leisure markets for the time being. So far, DL hasn't shown any willingness to reduce TPA flying and continues to keep adding back flights, so its Airside E gates still get a good amount of usage. I would imagine a theoretical F9 expansion could mean some flights spill into Airside F high gates (F88-F90), in addition to using its current Airside E gates. AA sometimes spills a flight or two at Airside E. All TPA gates now use common-use technology, which helps facilitating airlines to use a different airside if needed.

deltairlines

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:43 am

SRQLOT wrote:
Another one for SRQ. Year round on Southwest to Atlanta starting March 11!! Looks like once daily. With Delta 7 daily in March that will be a lot of Atlanta flying.

Pretty impressive scheduling by WN on Saturdays, when they will have 12 flights/day into SRQ and doing it all with one gate - a lot of 35 minute turns, and 1 25 minute turn (in from MDW at 1640, out to BWI at 1705).

Speaking of gating at SRQ, it's got to be pretty much full by now I would think. I know Delta has B4 and B6, American has B1 and B3, United has B12 and B14; JetBlue at B5. Between Southwest getting a gate (any idea on which one) and that B2 seems to be a flex gate (I've seen AA use it for RONs before and DL has been running the MSP flight out of it), that leaves four gates (including the international gate) for Allegiant, Frontier and Air Canada (I'm guessing Sun Country could easily fit into B2).

SRQLOT

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:05 pm

deltairlines wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

Pretty impressive scheduling by WN on Saturdays, when they will have 12 flights/day into SRQ and doing it all with one gate - a lot of 35 minute turns, and 1 25 minute turn (in from MDW at 1640, out to BWI at 1705).

Speaking of gating at SRQ, it's got to be pretty much full by now I would think. I know Delta has B4 and B6, American has B1 and B3, United has B12 and B14; JetBlue at B5. Between Southwest getting a gate (any idea on which one) and that B2 seems to be a flex gate (I've seen AA use it for RONs before and DL has been running the MSP flight out of it), that leaves four gates (including the international gate) for Allegiant, Frontier and Air Canada (I'm guessing Sun Country could easily fit into B2).

Will they make it by with just one gate?? That might be a bit tight no? Also with up to 12 airplanes RON overnight in March for 13 gates! That will look impressive. From what I understand American really has control of B3. B1 and B2 are leased to both American and Delta at a really good deal so they could be shared with other airlines. Like you said AA uses B2 but I have also seen them at B11 last year. Since last month it seems Sun Country is using B2. Might be best for SRQ to make all gates common use and fit the flight in wherever it fits with the schedule. I have seen American and Delta flights waiting for a gate even though 10 other gates are open lol.
Last edited by SRQLOT on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SRQLOT

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:22 pm

avi8 wrote:
F9LASDEN wrote:

Congrats to TPA and hopefully this will bring more consistent schedule with Frontier. Now that phase 3 is delayed because of Covid, what would the earliest timeframe for the new 16 gate D terminal be? As the next poster said precovid E and F were getting full. Although honestly I didn’t realize that AA would spill over to E as everytime i flew AA only a handful of flights would be going out.

flymco753

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:33 pm

Do you think F9 can make a similar model out of what they do at PHL & TTN but with TPA & SRQ?

phatfarmlines

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:50 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
avi8 wrote:
F9LASDEN wrote:

Congrats to TPA and hopefully this will bring more consistent schedule with Frontier. Now that phase 3 is delayed because of Covid, what would the earliest timeframe for the new 16 gate D terminal be? As the next poster said precovid E and F were getting full. Although honestly I didn’t realize that AA would spill over to E as everytime i flew AA only a handful of flights would be going out.

According to the Tampa Bay Business Journal, the new Airside D was supposed to be completed by late 2024. It's now pushed back 4 years to 2028 (!!!!!). That makes sense as Airside D was to cater to international traffic and not to the likes of F9.

Though I keep looking at that bag sort facility sitting on the former Airside B ramp and keep thinking to myself what an awful waste of potential passenger gate space. I understand the HCAA's desire for RON space, I say build a parking pad north of the new parallel overpass taxiway on the north side of Airside C and Airside D cargo ramp for RONs. Since this would be the smallest airside by square area, convert the bag sort facility to a three-story building (third story tram lobby and security, second story gates, and if HCAA desires, keep the bag sort facility on the first level). Ramp cart storage space could be shared with Airside A. You could keep the facility jetwayless to allow someone like 3M use the facility, whose ATRs are starting to crowd Gates A1 & A3, and maybe some ULCCs, who don't mind ramp boarding like NK, could spill some flights from there as well. And as an added bonus, some of the gates could still be used as RONs (how novel!). Then convert the 3M gates at Airside A to jetways to allow mainline usage. IMO probably cheaper and a "quick hit" for TPA when the need for additional domestic gates arises.

Regarding AA spilling to Airside E, this was much more prevalent when BA & LH had flights sitting on the ground at the same time. Both widebody flights required blocking an adjacent gate, so a total of four gates were taken during the evening rush at Airside F, and AA would often spill flights to Airside E high gates (typically gates E71-E75, but not utilized all at once, though this was before F9 moved to Airside E in late 2018). Given flight reductions, AA hasn't been spilling flights lately, but during this past Christmas/New Year's rush, they did spill flights there.

There's a Youtuber who does daily spotting videos from TPA (Captain Steve Markovitch) who does a great job filming the action there, helping to provide insights into the operations. What a blessing to have these videos there. Here's Captain Markovitch's channel.

SRQLOT

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:54 pm

phatfarmlines wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:
avi8 wrote:

According to the Tampa Bay Business Journal, the new Airside D was supposed to be completed by late 2024. It's now pushed back 4 years to 2028 (!!!!!). That makes sense as Airside D was to cater to international traffic and not to the likes of F9.

Though I keep looking at that bag sort facility sitting on the former Airside B ramp and keep thinking to myself what an awful waste of potential passenger gate space. I understand the HCAA's desire for RON space, I say build a parking pad north of the new parallel overpass taxiway on the north side of Airside C and Airside D cargo ramp for RONs. Since this would be the smallest airside by square area, convert the bag sort facility to a three-story building (third story tram lobby and security, second story gates, and if HCAA desires, keep the bag sort facility on the first level). Ramp cart storage space could be shared with Airside A. You could keep the facility jetwayless to allow someone like 3M use the facility, whose ATRs are starting to crowd Gates A1 & A3, and maybe some ULCCs, who don't mind ramp boarding like NK, could spill some flights from there as well. And as an added bonus, some of the gates could still be used as RONs (how novel!). Then convert the 3M gates at Airside A to jetways to allow mainline usage. IMO probably cheaper and a "quick hit" for TPA when the need for additional domestic gates arises.

Regarding AA spilling to Airside E, this was much more prevalent when BA & LH had flights sitting on the ground at the same time. Both widebody flights required blocking an adjacent gate, so a total of four gates were taken during the evening rush at Airside F, and AA would often spill flights to Airside E high gates (typically gates E71-E75, but not utilized all at once, though this was before F9 moved to Airside E in late 2018). Given flight reductions, AA hasn't been spilling flights lately, but during this past Christmas/New Year's rush, they did spill flights there.

There's a Youtuber who does daily spotting videos from TPA (Captain Steve Markovitch) who does a great job filming the action there, helping to provide insights into the operations. What a blessing to have these videos there. Here's Captain Markovitch's channel.

Yikes!! Considering this Covid disaster this area did way better than much of the country so a "normal" will be here much sooner here. So TPA will be completely packed in a couple of years and airports around the area will benefit with TPA being congested for years to come. Thank you for the link, I subscribed!

SRQLOT

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:01 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Do you think F9 can make a similar model out of what they do at PHL & TTN but with TPA & SRQ?

I wonder about that because F9 is not really doing much more at SRQ then I hoped. At this rate they will be just pushed out. I asked last year how they were doing at SRQ but got no response. Are they just too low cost to grab more people into Sarasota? I mean they did try PGD with almost the same cities and that didn't work out.

PI4EVR

Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:22 pm

PennPal wrote:

Those "local reports" are not correct. PGD only gains new Allegiant service to BWI effective 5/27/21.
EYW service is effective on June 1 and service is only to SFB and BNA.
JAC service will be from LAX, PHX, LAS and RNO so no where near PGD.
PDX service will be from SMX (Santa Maria CA) MRY (Monterey CA) and IDA Idaho Falls so again no where near PGD.
These routes were announced in the January 12 news release contained on the Allegiant website in their "Press Room."

Rajahdhani

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:46 pm

Well, PIE now has some more open hanger space and facilities:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/st-petersburg/2021/02/10/after-50-cent-party-st-petersburg-revokes-aviation-companys-lease/"It ended up costing Sky Addict its lease of a 3,000 square foot hangar and office space, first reported Tuesday by St. Pete Catalyst. The five-year term had just been renewed in December.
In the termination letter, Alfred Wendler, the city’s director of real estate and property management, cited a provision in the lease that allows for termination without cause. The letter gives 180 days notice."

God Bless!

Winning quote though:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/st-petersburg/2021/02/10/after-50-cent-party-st-petersburg-revokes-aviation-companys-lease/"He said his office would be investigating the event and “it may end up costing someone a lot more than 50 cent.

reednavy

Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:42 am

Rajahdhani wrote:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/st-petersburg/2021/02/10/after-50-cent-party-st-petersburg-revokes-aviation-companys-lease/"It ended up costing Sky Addict its lease of a 3,000 square foot hangar and office space, first reported Tuesday by St. Pete Catalyst. The five-year term had just been renewed in December.
In the termination letter, Alfred Wendler, the city’s director of real estate and property management, cited a provision in the lease that allows for termination without cause. The letter gives 180 days notice."

God Bless!

Winning quote though:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/st-petersburg/2021/02/10/after-50-cent-party-st-petersburg-revokes-aviation-companys-lease/"He said his office would be investigating the event and “it may end up costing someone a lot more than 50 cent.

This was at Albert Whitted Airport in downtown St. Petersburg, which is SPG.

Rajahdhani

Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:14 am

reednavy wrote:
Rajahdhani wrote:

God Bless!

Winning quote though:

This was at Albert Whitted Airport in downtown St. Petersburg, which is SPG.

Ooops! ...and a major thank you for the correction! Haha, a comedy of errors here.

USAIRPIT

Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:24 pm

Just seen on SRQ Facebook page Southwest is adding service to Milwaukee 4/17

SRQflyer

Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:55 pm

USAIRPIT wrote:
Just seen on SRQ Facebook page Southwest is adding service to Milwaukee 4/17

Also adding a second daily to MDW.

timberwolf24

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:18 pm

WN on 4/17, will be starting Saturday only service ORD-TPA/RSW.

Jerseyguy

Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:44 am

SRQLOT wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I wonder about that because F9 is not really doing much more at SRQ then I hoped. At this rate they will be just pushed out. I asked last year how they were doing at SRQ but got no response. Are they just too low cost to grab more people into Sarasota? I mean they did try PGD with almost the same cities and that didn't work out.

Allegiant didn't like their attempt to break up their exclusivity at PDG and retaliated with TTN where Frontier had exclusivity. Rumor from a friend who did ramp at TTN was that Frontier didn't want chance its accomplishments at TTN for PDG, so they pulled out.

Jerseyguy

Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:47 am

SRQLOT wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Allegiant didn't like their attempt to break up their exclusivity at PDG and retaliated with TTN where Frontier had exclusivity. word from a friend who had connections in senior mangement at Frontier (he used to email me internal documents regarding TTN) was that Frontier didn't want chance its accomplishments at TTN for PDG, so they pulled out and since G4 didn't really want to be in TTN they pulled out of there too.

SRQLOT

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Whats going on at RSW Fort Myers? Multiple diversions to Tampa including Southwest and American

Update:

A WN2324 from Columbus diverted to SRQ and so did B6 B6335 from Philadelphia.

A Delta 764 from Minneapolis diverted to MIA, too bad if it was to SRQ I would have done a lunch and watched few flights come in at the parking spotting

Looks like 11 diversions.

SRQLOT

Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:53 pm

More good news for SRQ:
United extends daily seasonal to DEN thru September.
American makes ORD year round with 2 daily flights in the summer months.

Also I’m planning to use my credit with Delta before it expires, so i was looking at flying out of TPA at beginning of May and I see a flight with an A220 to LGA. When is it going to start flying to TPA? And I’m guessing May is not set in stone yet for Delta so what’s the chance of it staying an A220?

And when will SRQ get the A220? I also really missed not seeing the Delta 757 at SRQ this past January.

RobertS975

Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:29 am

SRQLOT wrote:
Whats going on at RSW Fort Myers? Multiple diversions to Tampa including Southwest and American

Update:

A Delta 764 from Minneapolis diverted to MIA, too bad if it was to SRQ I would have done a lunch and watched few flights come in at the parking spotting

The RSW diversions from last Saturday were due to a disabled aircraft stuck on the runway with blown tires. This closed the one and only runway for about an hour. Aircraft don't plan on a lot of holding fuel when flying into RSW on a beautifully clear day.

SRQLOT

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:51 pm

RobertS975 wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

Update:

The RSW diversions from last Saturday were due to a disabled aircraft stuck on the runway with blown tires. This closed the one and only runway for about an hour. Aircraft don't plan on a lot of holding fuel when flying into RSW on a beautifully clear day.

Ok thank you! Surprised I didn’t see that on the local news though. And yes most did 2 circles and diverted

SRQLOT

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Jerseyguy wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Allegiant didn't like their attempt to break up their exclusivity at PDG and retaliated with TTN where Frontier had exclusivity. word from a friend who had connections in senior mangement at Frontier (he used to email me internal documents regarding TTN) was that Frontier didn't want chance its accomplishments at TTN for PDG, so they pulled out and since G4 didn't really want to be in TTN they pulled out of there too.

Sorry for replying this late! So there is just not enough pull for 2 LCCs to complete against each other so that is quite funny.

TheSpaceCadet

Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:51 pm

SRQ passenger totals jump in February (2021): "Passenger traffic at Sarasota Bradenton International Airport jumped 26% in February..."

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2021/03/11/s ... assengers/

phatfarmlines

Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Not a biggie for the Tampa Bay area, but AA announcing 1x daily AUS-TPA. Spirited discussion about this on the "AA Large AUS Expansion" thread.

Pellegrine

Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:58 pm

I wish AA would do SRQ-MIA so I could connect to the Carib easier when I'm down in SRQ. Guess I'll still be riding to Tampa first.

RobertS975

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Does anyone have a handle on how AS has been doing out of RSW on their 3-4X a week flight to LAX? And what is the PDEW count between RSW and LAX?... just wondering if DL could try the route several times a week with the A220?

tphuang

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:25 pm

RobertS975 wrote:
Does anyone have a handle on how AS has been doing out of RSW on their 3-4X a week flight to LAX? And what is the PDEW count between RSW and LAX?... just wondering if DL could try the route several times a week with the A220?

well AS has 1 flight on April 1st and then it's not scheduled again until Nov 18th. Maybe it was always meant to be a seasonal market for them. Who knows.

deltairlines

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:29 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
More good news for SRQ:

Also I’m planning to use my credit with Delta before it expires, so i was looking at flying out of TPA at beginning of May and I see a flight with an A220 to LGA. When is it going to start flying to TPA? And I’m guessing May is not set in stone yet for Delta so what’s the chance of it staying an A220?

And when will SRQ get the A220? I also really missed not seeing the Delta 757 at SRQ this past January.

A220s aren't touching ATL right now, so it would likely be LGA. SRQ-LGA has seen basically everything in the RJ/Small Narrow Body range (E75, CR9, 319, 320, etc.) thrown onto it, so I wouldn't be shocked next winter to potentially see a 220 on SRQ-LGA. SRQ-NYC is getting a lot of competition now though, so they could stick with going 2x E75 instead and playing for frequencies, but it wouldn't shock me if the 220 was on SRQ-LGA sometime in the next 12 months.

N292UX

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:47 pm

SRQ could legitimately set a pax record in 2021. Tons of new flights being added and pax numbers in 2020 didn't drop much. I could see them breaking 2 million this year.

SRQLOT

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:46 am

deltairlines wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:
More good news for SRQ:

A220s aren't touching ATL right now, so it would likely be LGA. SRQ-LGA has seen basically everything in the RJ/Small Narrow Body range (E75, CR9, 319, 320, etc.) thrown onto it, so I wouldn't be shocked next winter to potentially see a 220 on SRQ-LGA. SRQ-NYC is getting a lot of competition now though, so they could stick with going 2x E75 instead and playing for frequencies, but it wouldn't shock me if the 220 was on SRQ-LGA sometime in the next 12 months.

Yeah I guess winter would be the earliest his year as I booked recently an early May flight to Chicago connecting in LGA to get on the A220, and today was rebooked to E170. Looked to see and couldn’t find a connection to get on the A220 to ORD at all. So I guess Delta still is not prioritizing to get it in the air for now.

SRQLOT

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:48 am

N292UX wrote:
SRQ could legitimately set a pax record in 2021. Tons of new flights being added and pax numbers in 2020 didn't drop much. I could see them breaking 2 million this year.

Yes! This summer will definitely be busy no more 11-15 flights a day during the summer like in the pre Allegiant past.

CMHSRQ

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:11 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
N292UX wrote:

Yes! This summer will definitely be busy no more 11-15 flights a day during the summer like in the pre Allegiant past.

Southwest just switched SRQ - IND/PIT/CMH to 5x per week starting in May. SRQ must be doing well for them.

SRQLOT

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:09 pm

My partners flight in middle of May on Southwest TPA-MDW got cancelled yesterday and was rebooked automatically from SRQ. So he is very happy! I wonder what kind of passenger drops Southwest at TPA is experiencing with all these new flights to SRQ. I would imagine 90% would have been flying out of TPA.

SRQLOT

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:58 am

Sarasota Airport authority approved a final draft of a master plan for the airport that includes a new concourse addition that would cost about $109 and be built in 4-5 years at the earliest.

Also in the article, mentions of the fuel farm that is under construction, by the way few days ago or maybe a bit more now there were flights delayed as the airport was running out of fuel and had to constantly truck it in.

Also consolidated baggage system, more space for concessions in the current terminal and even a new viewing deck. Many don’t know but SRQ has a viewing deck now, but isn’t used by many. I do enjoy it but the glass is a bit annoying.

Overall a planned 2.5 million passengers are expected in the first 7 months of 2022!!!

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEF ... id=US%3Aen

deltairlines

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
Sarasota Airport authority approved a final draft of a master plan for the airport that includes a new concourse addition that would cost about $109 and be built in 4-5 years at the earliest.

Also in the article, mentions of the fuel farm that is under construction, by the way few days ago or maybe a bit more now there were flights delayed as the airport was running out of fuel and had to constantly truck it in.

Also consolidated baggage system, more space for concessions in the current terminal and even a new viewing deck. Many don’t know but SRQ has a viewing deck now, but isn’t used by many. I do enjoy it but the glass is a bit annoying.

Overall a planned 2.5 million passengers are expected in the first 7 months of 2022!!!

Well that's good news that there's a new concourse in the mix. My guess is it would be to the west of the existing one, plenty of room over on that side.

The one worrisome thing from my viewpoint is traffic getting in and out of the airport. University Dr. is a traffic nightmare more often than not nowadays, especially as you get towards I-75. The current options for access (University Dr. and the back entrance from 41) is pretty minimal. That being said, that might be more of a larger discussion around general road access in the Greater Sarasota area.

SRQLOT

Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 pm

deltairlines wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

Well that's good news that there's a new concourse in the mix. My guess is it would be to the west of the existing one, plenty of room over on that side.

The one worrisome thing from my viewpoint is traffic getting in and out of the airport. University Dr. is a traffic nightmare more often than not nowadays, especially as you get towards I-75. The current options for access (University Dr. and the back entrance from 41) is pretty minimal. That being said, that might be more of a larger discussion around general road access in the Greater Sarasota area.

From what I think another poster said in the past is that the new concourse would go on the east side toward the cargo maintenance area. The west side would be too close to the runway 4. And the roads are horrible in the área yes lol.

SRQLOT

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Southwest is adding DAL and GRR from SRQ. Starting June 12,2021 as Saturday only, but like with the other seasonal destinations I can only imagine its a matter of time before they are almost daily!

https://srq-airport.com/southwest-adds- ... ng-flights

Wneast

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:53 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
Southwest is adding DAL and GRR from SRQ. Starting June 12,2021 as Saturday only, but like with the other seasonal destinations I can only imagine its a matter of time before they are almost daily!

What other airports is there for southwest to add from SRQ ?

SRQLOT

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:57 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
Wneast wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

What other airports is there for southwest to add from SRQ ?

Denver, Las Vegas would have been awesome. I can’t imagine Californians would come this way so not sure about any of cities there.

At this rate though Southwest will need a second gate, maybe they will help fund the new concourse to get it built earlier and just for them. lol

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos