Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

slcdeltarumd11

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:51 am

The United Portland (ME) P2P routes are really good news. We see the airlines trying almost anything right now. Old rules don't apply. They have plenty of planes and business travel isnt gonna be there in 2021. Its a good time for airports that can pull in leisure travelers and do outdoor stuff. Portland goes along with the leisure additions we have seen. Could work this summer, they will at least bring alot of new tourists which is great news for Maine.

Cboyle

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:35 am

airlineworker wrote:
Heard that HVN will make an announcement in a week or so. That's all I have.

MLI has an announcement also.. NK?

airbazar

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:36 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
Being even smaller than PWM, I would suspect that WN to BTV would effectively push out B6 like it did at PWM or they would at least drop to seasonal.

I don't think that would happen. There are enough "new yorkers" with vacation homes in Vermont so unless WN starts flying from JFK/LGA/EWR to BTV, I don't see how they would push out B6. Factor in the B6/AA partnership, and I just don't see B6 leaving BTV.
B595 wrote:
Personally, I would appreciate another alternative to the legacies for connections besides B6. I like B6, but connecting through JFK is always a gamble, and their latest $35 bag fee is just rank profiteering. WN offers: no nickle-and-diming, no chance of having your flight contracted out to bottom-of-the-barrel regional partners, and better customer service, at least compared to AA and UA. WN crews just seem to take pride in what they do, in my experience (excepting that story from today about the WN pilot ranting over the hot mic).

I'm no B6 fan and their latest move to charge for carry-ons will pretty much ensure that I fly with them even less but I dislike WN even more, using them only as a last resort when their fares are cheaper than the competition. However, using MHT as a gauge, If you don't like B6's bag fee you sure won't like WN's overpriced fares either, and you don't even have the option to reserve a seat.

B595

Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 pm

airbazar wrote:
I'm no B6 fan and their latest move to charge for carry-ons will pretty much ensure that I fly with them even less but I dislike WN even more, using them only as a last resort when their fares are cheaper than the competition. However, using MHT as a gauge, If you don't like B6's bag fee you sure won't like WN's overpriced fares either, and you don't even have the option to reserve a seat.

With the bag fee, it’s not about the money, it’s the arbitrary nature of it. They’ve jacked it to $35 “because we can”.

The lack of reserved seating has never bothered me. Just check in early. I think I’ve ended up in the C-group once.

And I’m wary of any MHT-BTV comparisons. Two very different dynamics.

BTVB6Flyer

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:25 pm

Re BTV and WN. I don't think it will hurt pre-existing service. Current BTV service is WAY down what it was pre-COVID and hasn't rebounded nearly the same, when comparing BTV to other leisure outdoor markets, that new travel trends have helped boost demand to (FCA, BZN, PWM, PNS, etc). If anything, WN coming in and stimulating some demand will help and I don't think it will draw much from the legacies nor B6/F9. Again, I think it will help stimulate the local market. Once Canada opens its borders, that is also going to really help too. And again, look at what the legacies are currently flying into BTV, its peanuts compared to what it used to be, so a new entrant isn't going to dramatically shift anything.

WN would probably do something to BWI, maybe some FL p2p routes.

If it's not WN now, it's Breeze (potentially) down the road.

LotsaRunway

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:22 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Re BTV and WN. I don't think it will hurt pre-existing service. Current BTV service is WAY down what it was pre-COVID and hasn't rebounded nearly the same, when comparing BTV to other leisure outdoor markets, that new travel trends have helped boost demand to (FCA, BZN, PWM, PNS, etc). If anything, WN coming in and stimulating some demand will help and I don't think it will draw much from the legacies nor B6/F9. Again, I think it will help stimulate the local market. Once Canada opens its borders, that is also going to really help too. And again, look at what the legacies are currently flying into BTV, its peanuts compared to what it used to be, so a new entrant isn't going to dramatically shift anything.

Unless there is significant disapproval of the current mix of legacy, B6 and ULCC F9, I don't see how WN entering BTV would actually stimulate much of any new traffic. BTV itself is a smallish market and it would have to focus stimulation in the cross-border crowd to really grow. To do that, WN would have to offer some really great fares and they don't routinely do that much anymore. I'm just not understanding where the new demand would come from to fill several additional 737s per day unless WN thinks they can poach passengers from existing carriers, and that may not be a great dynamic for BTV.

BTV290

Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:02 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
With respect to real estate and BTV being too small i think WN has shown they are willing to do small stations now. Post pandemic they are a different airline in new cities! Visit MTJ and HDN......... BTV is a massive sprawling airport compared to those.

I totally get that, but still, where would you put them in BTV? The only open ticket counter space is on the end by baggage claim, and I believe is only enough for three computers. That back room and bag room is also tiny. Then for gate space... Certainly nothing with a jetbridge would work, unless B6 remains severely reduced and gave up 15 and shared a gate in the north concourse with AA or UA? I get that they're more flexible than they were and are willing to "make it work" as it were, but I just don't see how BTV could even meet the minimum basic requirements right now. Post-expansion, definitely. But not now.

EricBTV

Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:10 am

I agree 100% with this. The legacy drawback at BTV due to COVID is massive with service that used to be 3-4x daily in some cases is now not even 1x daily on average. Additionally B6 service is currently suspended, along with at least 1-2 legacy routes. Yes, the Canadian traffic helped, but in pre-COVID times, every time I flew from BTV the flights were full, and last year during high school winter break, I saw the highest fares I've ever seen on BTV-DCA because everything was full. In my opinion, WN will add more options and an additional network which will only help the local market. I know many people who would regularly drive to ALB for Southwest flights, including myself when there was a direct option. Keeping that business in BTV will only benefit the airport going forward and help it rebound. I would be happy with even regular service into their network via BWI or MDW (as BTV-ORD fares are always high), but FL service would be welcome especially with F9 running only 2x weekly right now to MCO (and I choose not to fly F9 because of their schedule). It's actually a great time to get into BTV, IMHO.

I respect that there are many different opinions on WN, B6, and the ULCCs but I will be throwing a party if WN does start BTV service and will be flying it every chance I get.

BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Fex180

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:02 am

Seems like WN has added a daily PWM-MDW stating June 6th.

It's difficult to get to western points on Southwest from PWM right now. I do hope MDW becomes a year round route.

BTVB6Flyer

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:24 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
Unless there is significant disapproval of the current mix of legacy, B6 and ULCC F9, I don't see how WN entering BTV would actually stimulate much of any new traffic. BTV itself is a smallish market and it would have to focus stimulation in the cross-border crowd to really grow. To do that, WN would have to offer some really great fares and they don't routinely do that much anymore. I'm just not understanding where the new demand would come from to fill several additional 737s per day unless WN thinks they can poach passengers from existing carriers, and that may not be a great dynamic for BTV.

I wouldn't say disapproval, more lack of options currently and increased prices. As I mentioned, the sheer amount of service drop off during COVID and even now has been pretty remarkable. There are not a lot of options, the prices have increased and the options that have remained are watered down (under daily service levels on some). WN coming in, who is well known and a major player, will bring some stimulating traffic/pax, there is no question about that. People do drive to ALB and MHT to use WN.

paysonmt77

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:12 pm

SWA PWM-BWI goes from 3 to 4 daily. PWM-MDW 1 Daily. BNA waiting on start date. Is SWA next to expand? Jetblue to expand? Other airports to compare as an example-MYR and SRQ. Both seasonal airports that airlines have expanded or came in due to cashing in seasonal tourists. Would Spirit or Alaska come in?
Missing Directs- FLL(Spirit)?, SLC, PBI, IAH, LAS, STL, DAL, MYR
I have not heard anything about construction of the Customs facility in the terminal.
Direct Locations served from PWM this summer-25 Directs
Compared to MHT-9 directs this summer
LGA
JFK
BOS
EWR
MCO
DEN
CMH
IND
PIT
CLE
BWI
DCA
ORD
MDW
IAD
ATL
MSP
MIA
DFW
MKE
CLT
PHL
CVG
DTW
RDU

miaami

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:31 pm

AA PWM-ORD looks to increase from 2 to 3X daily 175s effective June 3.

Fex180

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:37 pm

miaami wrote:
AA PWM-ORD looks to increase from 2 to 3X daily 175s effective June 3.

AA seems to have quietly made PWM-ORD a year round route as well.

PVD523

Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:24 am

Just found that UA is flying under the radar with some extra capacity for RI's April vacation. PVD-IAD is all mainline Sat 4/17 and Sun 4/25. The morning flight on 4/17 continues to TPA as same-plane service. Fri 4/16 and Sat 4/24 also see mainline metal where a CRJ would typically be.

DL will send an extra PVD-ATL turn on the bookend Saturdays.

As mentioned further up the thread, WN is up to 7x to MCO and 4x to TPA on the bookend Saturdays. B6 will also send an extra PVD-MCO and PVD-RSW.

Anyone have insight on additional April vacation lift for their respective airports?

ChrisNH38

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:51 am

A United 787-9 is coming into BED today, perhaps a military charter.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

mjgbtv

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:53 am

PVD523 wrote:
Just found that UA is flying under the radar with some extra capacity for RI's April vacation. PVD-IAD is all mainline Sat 4/17 and Sun 4/25. The morning flight on 4/17 continues to TPA as same-plane service. Fri 4/16 and Sat 4/24 also see mainline metal where a CRJ would typically be.

DL will send an extra PVD-ATL turn on the bookend Saturdays.

As mentioned further up the thread, WN is up to 7x to MCO and 4x to TPA on the bookend Saturdays. B6 will also send an extra PVD-MCO and PVD-RSW.

Anyone have insight on additional April vacation lift for their respective airports?

At BTV B6 resumes flying in April, but there is no extra capacity for the vacation week. F9 appears to be flying two extra days on Easter week but nothing extra for school vacation. I don't really see a lot of families flying from Vermont yet. There are still quarantine requirements in effect and not many younger people have been vaccinated yet. I suspect that load factors are currently low enough that any extra traffic can be absorbed without adding flights.

airbazar

Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:52 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Re BTV and WN. I don't think it will hurt pre-existing service. Current BTV service is WAY down what it was pre-COVID and hasn't rebounded nearly the same, when comparing BTV to other leisure outdoor markets

There's one big reason why it's way down and it hasn't rebounded: Vermont's incredibly strict travel rules and their local businesses' willingness to comply. Until VT lifts or loosens its travel restrictions this isn't going to change much. I know from personal experience that most national hotel chains don't really care about these rules but the local businesses do. Visiting places like Stowe or Ludlow for skiing this Winter there was a clear feeling in the air that we were not welcomed and it was nearly impossible to get a table at a restaurant, opting instead to eat at border towns like White River Junction.

Cboyle

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:43 pm

messaged MHT on messenger again and they had this to say:

We would love a new airline to join us! As soon as we know for sure, we will announce what we are planning. Thanks for checking in!

mjgbtv

Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:45 pm

Cboyle wrote:
messaged MHT on messenger again and they had this to say:

We would love a new airline to join us! As soon as we know for sure, we will announce what we are planning. Thanks for checking in!

Considering the date I think they could have done better than that...

ChrisNH38

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:40 am

Traveled PWM-RSW-PWM this past week on Frontier and found the non-stop flights to be quite appealing. About 63 passengers going south and 110 coming north. I did like the COVID testing at PWM and had my results in two days while I 'quarantined' at our Kennebunkport house. I do not think MHT has such a setup, but it's a welcome service. This time next year my two airports of choice will be PWM and CHS as we're moving out of NH.

mjgbtv

Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:08 am

ChrisNH38 wrote:
Traveled PWM-RSW-PWM this past week on Frontier and found the non-stop flights to be quite appealing. About 63 passengers going south and 110 coming north. I did like the COVID testing at PWM and had my results in two days while I 'quarantined' at our Kennebunkport house. I do not think MHT has such a setup, but it's a welcome service. This time next year my two airports of choice will be PWM and CHS as we're moving out of NH.

With Breeze a direct flight for you might not be out of the question.

RL757PVD

Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:47 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
mjgbtv wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

Between breeze and G4, CHS-PSM is certainly possible in the next 5 years.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

ChrisNH38

Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:39 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
mjgbtv wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

Between breeze and G4, CHS-PSM is certainly possible in the next 5 years.

Our Kennebunkport home is pretty much equidistant to PSM and PWM, so that will be good.

pwm2txlhopper

Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:22 am

Can somebody more up to date than me save me a lot out of time and tell me if the following seasonal PWM flights are operating this year? Nashville was announced for last year, but cancelled due to COVID, and wasn’t flown last year.

Sun Country to MSP
Frontier and United to DEN
Southwest to BNA
American to DFW
JetBlue to JFK

ChrisNH38 wrote:

I used that flight last year and had no complaints. $70 round trip plus a checked bag each way. Didn’t make a seat paid selection and just took whatever was assigned. Didn’t buy drinks or food. So, about $220 round trip with all charges included. Less than three and a half hour from pushback to arrival. Easily saved a couple hours had I connected with DL in ATL, or BWI with SW as I usually would.

The non-reclining seats are a bit cramped, but for a short 3.5 flight, I can deal. I even tried them two years ago on a LAS-MCO-PWM itinerary. It was only about two extra hours from a more direct route, but I’d never tried Frontier and had nothing else to do, so I tried them out. Not sure I’d want to fly more than four hours in the non-reclining seats, but the rest of the experience wasn’t much worse than you’d get flying basic economy on DL, AA, UA.

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:57 am

Looks like united is back with weekend service on BTV-DEN. 737-800 the day I looked. Frontier is also on the route with less then daily with A320 on the day I looked

ChrisNH38

Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:16 am

pwm2txlhopper wrote:
Can somebody more up to date than me save me a lot out of time and tell me if the following seasonal PWM flights are operating this year? Nashville was announced for last year, but cancelled due to COVID, and wasn’t flown last year.

Sun Country to MSP
Frontier and United to DEN
Southwest to BNA
American to DFW
JetBlue to JFK

ChrisNH38 wrote:

I used that flight last year and had no complaints. $70 round trip plus a checked bag each way. Didn’t make a seat paid selection and just took whatever was assigned. Didn’t buy drinks or food. So, about $220 round trip with all charges included. Less than three and a half hour from pushback to arrival. Easily saved a couple hours had I connected with DL in ATL, or BWI with SW as I usually would.

The non-reclining seats are a bit cramped, but for a short 3.5 flight, I can deal. I even tried them two years ago on a LAS-MCO-PWM itinerary. It was only about two extra hours from a more direct route, but I’d never tried Frontier and had nothing else to do, so I tried them out. Not sure I’d want to fly more than four hours in the non-reclining seats, but the rest of the experience wasn’t much worse than you’d get flying basic economy on DL, AA, UA.

Agreed on all about Frontier. Non-reclining, marginally uncomfortable seats make PWM-RSW as long as I’d want to be on that plane. But as we say goodbye to NH and hello to SC in 2022, flights from there to PWM will be of interest to me.

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:10 am

I don't like that the legacies ultra thin no space economy seats recline. They can damage your laptop and take up what little room you have. Also they recline so little who cares? When in the ultra tight new economy seats on UA and AA i definitely prefer the non-recline seats of Frontier. AA Oasis is way less comfortable then Frontier, allegiant or spirit! They have zero padding.

ChrisNH38

Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:17 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
I don't like that the legacies ultra thin no space economy seats recline. They can damage your laptop and take up what little room you have. Also they recline so little who cares? When in the ultra tight new economy seats on UA and AA i definitely prefer the non-recline seats of Frontier. AA Oasis is way less comfortable then Frontier, allegiant or spirit! They have zero padding.

I’m with you: as someone who never reclines their seat out of respect for whoever is behind me, I’m appreciative that no one can do that to me!

miaami

Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:12 pm

AA's PWM-DFW flight goes daily effective June 3

Portlander

Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:34 pm

If you would have told me a decade ago that PWM would eventually have direct service to DFW, DEN, MSP and MIA I would have laughed it off. ATL, ORD and CVG were at one time the benchmark when it came to non stop distance from Portland!

YQBexYHZBGM

Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:03 pm

Will be interesting to see if all the additional nonstop service to PWM generates a tourism boom, or even whether the additional flights displace a percentage of what would otherwise be driving vacation trips to Maine. I'm a little surprised BGR is not seeing more love from the airlines; its smaller population is irrelevant when the focus is inbound traffic, and it is several driving hours closer to Acadia National Park and the central and Downeast portions of the Maine coast.

I'm hopeful flights to the Maritimes will experience a similar rebound post-COVID, but sadly that won't be possible under current circumstances.

pwm2txlhopper

Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:15 pm

Portlander wrote:
If you would have told me a decade ago that PWM would eventually have direct service to DFW, DEN, MSP and MIA I would have laughed it off. ATL, ORD and CVG were at one time the benchmark when it came to non stop distance from Portland!

PHL, PIT, IAD where benchmarks at the time,too. ATL with DL non-stop didn’t even start until 1998 or 1999. The flight to/from ATL went via ALB with the 727 prior to non-stops on the -88. Never thought I’d see CVG or PIT service return to PWM, but UA is going to give it a try this summer. It’s been at least 16 years since we’ve had flights to CVG. More than twenty with flights to PIT.

pwm2txlhopper

Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:29 pm

YQBexYHZBGM wrote:
Will be interesting to see if all the additional nonstop service to PWM generates a tourism boom, or even whether the additional flights displace a percentage of what would otherwise be driving vacation trips to Maine. I'm a little surprised BGR is not seeing more love from the airlines; its smaller population is irrelevant when the focus is inbound traffic, and it is several driving hours closer to Acadia National Park and the central and Downeast portions of the Maine coast.

I'm hopeful flights to the Maritimes will experience a similar rebound post-COVID, but sadly that won't be possible under' current circumstances.

That’s why they’re trying these summer flights. Because Maine has a tourist boom every summer. Nobody wants to come here eight months of the year, but they all want to be here in the summer with their pissy and angry hurried NYC and Boston attitudes. Sometimes I think there’s nobody left in Boston in NYC In the summer because they’re all up here driving like assholes, cutting folks off and clogging up the roads so you can’t even make a quick trip to the store. We hate tourist season in Maine. But we like their money. We love it for a couple weeks in early September when they all go home.

SCHATC422

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:11 pm

Feel like this is the PWM and MHT-only forum :roll:

mjgbtv

Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 pm

SCHATC422 wrote:

You must have missed the recent discussion about WN at BTV. And there was plenty of talk about the future of HVN a few weeks ago, and PVD also comes up from time to time. It does seem to go in cycles, though.

tomaheath

Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:54 am

SCHATC422 wrote:

My two favorite airports in New England.

Kno

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:02 am

ChrisNH38 wrote:

Shoot I wish I hadn’t missed this! A widebody at BED is a rare treat! Any photos?

deltairlines

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:55 am

Kno wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

Shoot I wish I hadn’t missed this! A widebody at BED is a rare treat! Any photos?

I'm pretty impressed they were able to get a 789 off the 7000 ft runway to go to BIF (Ft. Bliss in El Paso).

Revelation

Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:40 pm

deltairlines wrote:
Kno wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

I'm pretty impressed they were able to get a 789 off the 7000 ft runway to go to BIF (Ft. Bliss in El Paso).

The same type aircraft flies 20 hour PER-LHR flights so BED-BIF (2000 mi so roughly a four hour flight) would let it take off without much fuel relatively speaking and lots of thrust to spare.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Portlander

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Southwest Airlines has announced they will expand their weekend service from PWM-MDW to daily starting on June 6.

RL757PVD

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:04 pm

Portlander wrote:
Southwest Airlines has announced they will expand their weekend service from PWM-MDW to daily starting on June 6.

I thought it was always daily in the summer?

Gillbilly

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:06 pm

deltairlines wrote:
Kno wrote:
ChrisNH38 wrote:

An Atlas 744 flew from BED to PHX as a football charter a few months ago and it made it.

Revelation

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:22 pm

SCHATC422 wrote:

Yeah, feels like we need more LEB talk...
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

ChrisNH38

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:50 pm

Revelation wrote:
SCHATC422 wrote:

Yeah, feels like we need more LEB talk...

Don't forget EEN and those lovely Northeast DC-9s :duck:

RL757PVD

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:57 pm

HYA is going to have 2x daily B6 to JFK this summer!

BlueBaller

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:59 pm

Gillbilly wrote:
deltairlines wrote:
Kno wrote:

An Atlas 744 flew from BED to PHX as a football charter a few months ago and it made it.

Exactly. I never understood why the correlation between Intercontinentally - capable aircraft flying short range missions seemed to confuse people when launching off short runways. You can get a lightly loaded widebody up to takeoff speed in 3,000 ft. KLM was doing it routinely for decades going from SXM - AMS via CUR off St. Maarten's 7,000 ft long runway. It's never a problem when you have 150,000 lbs of thrust powering half million lbs of aircraft. It's when you tack on up to 500,000 more lbs needed to fly a full load of pax, bags, fuel and freight - which said aircraft is designed to do - is when you need the 2 miles of runway.

Portlander

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:06 am

Southwest service to MDW from Portland was previously weekends only.

Portlander

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:07 am

Speaking of runway length. I noticed that United is starting flights from John Wayne Airport (SNA) to Honolulu in May. Isn't that pushing the limits with a 2600 mile flight over water utilizing a 5700 foot runway? Would a 757 would be the appropriate aircraft to handle the short runway and distance?

PVD523

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:38 am

Portlander wrote:
Speaking of runway length. I noticed that United is starting flights from John Wayne Airport (SNA) to Honolulu in May. Isn't that pushing the limits with a 2600 mile flight over water utilizing a 5700 foot runway? Would a 757 would be the appropriate aircraft to handle the short runway and distance?

757 is a good bet but the 73G is capable of that op too.

Portlander

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:23 pm

^ Thanks for the info.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos