Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

737Jason

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon May 17, 2021 2:14 am

Does anybody have any word on if the grant application for a ULCC to come to MHT will be approved or declined? Any Guesses?

Cboyle

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon May 17, 2021 8:24 pm

MHT has an announcement in the coming weeks:
“Hi *****! We hope to be making an announcement in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!”

tomaheath

Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Cboyle wrote:
“Hi *****! We hope to be making an announcement in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!”

Could be related to the new cargo terminal the new Amazon distribution center is a go.

Cboyle

Mon May 17, 2021 8:53 pm

tomaheath wrote:
Cboyle wrote:

Could be related to the new cargo terminal the new Amazon distribution center is a go.

that probably won't be it... cargo wouldn't be good marketing

tomaheath

Tue May 18, 2021 1:43 am

Cboyle wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
Cboyle wrote:

that probably won't be it... cargo wouldn't be good marketing

UA also starts in a month.

PITFlyer330

Tue May 18, 2021 2:12 am

Cboyle wrote:

I don’t think that means anything at all. They hope to announce but it doesnt mean mht has one

Cboyle

Tue May 18, 2021 12:27 pm

ORH will have a JetBlue announcement next week...

Boston757

Tue May 18, 2021 12:41 pm

I keep seeing advertisements for American Airlines flying MIA-PWM non-stop soon. Anyone know when this is scheduled to start and if it’s going to main line? Thanks

Cboyle

Tue May 18, 2021 12:42 pm

Boston757 wrote:
I keep seeing advertisements for American Airlines flying MIA-PWM non-stop soon. Anyone know when this is scheduled to start and if it’s going to main line? Thanks

It’s not mainline it is regional. It starts may 29 and will be Saturday only

RL757PVD

Tue May 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Boston757 wrote:

Its a Saturday only E175, BGR has a flight too

btvhopper

Tue May 18, 2021 3:51 pm

Speaking of these new AA routes at our small airports (in my case BTV) I'm having trouble understanding the rationale.

I did some quick booking searches, and when you search for a BTV-DFW saturday flight the new nonstop route barely even shows up. AA offers 4-5 other flights via PHL first, and the nonstop is tremendously more expensive. I kinda doubt people are interested to be on a 4 hour flight on a RJ as well.
https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s ... QAFIAZgBAQ

What is the business case for such infrequent service on a 70-seat regional? Is this just a marketing gimmick--"We expanded X number of new flights and routes this summer!" Or is it really a trial to see if it sticks? I find it hard to believe route planners can get any meaningful insight into demand for such a small sample

Personally as a BTV booster I'm happy to see it but there is still limited tangible value. A319's to DCA or PHL (ideally CLT but that's doubtful IMO) would be a much better benefit to the airport. And I'm someone who commutes DFW 1-2x per year from Vermont for work.

BTVB6Flyer

Tue May 18, 2021 5:03 pm

^^

Yeah I have never understood the 1x weekly flights, same applies for WN and their Sat. or Sun. only flights.

This is one in particular with the late departure from BTV which leaves minimal connections is more puzzling. I would assume this route is mostly connections and yet they really only capture DFW-BTV connections.

For example I have family in the Rio Grande Valley area and to get there from BTV it's always 2 stops. Even with this DFW it misses the connections to BRO/HRL OR it's crazy expensive (from mock bookings I have done).

I hope it does well and they can expand it to 3x weekly maybe down the road. And it's nice to see BTV build it's route presence westwardly, with DEN and DFW, but it's still meh at end of the day. If DL could add MSP back that would be nice, I think that would do well and be a nice alternative to DTW.

If WN doesn't end up in BTV, I think BTV could be a good candidate for Breeze.

We should take back what we can from PBG while PBG basically has zero service.

mjgbtv

Tue May 18, 2021 5:18 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
^^

Yeah I have never understood the 1x weekly flights, same applies for WN and their Sat. or Sun. only flights.

This is one in particular with the late departure from BTV which leaves minimal connections is more puzzling. I would assume this route is mostly connections and yet they really only capture DFW-BTV connections.

For example I have family in the Rio Grande Valley area and to get there from BTV it's always 2 stops. Even with this DFW it misses the connections to BRO/HRL OR it's crazy expensive (from mock bookings I have done).

I hope it does well and they can expand it to 3x weekly maybe down the road. And it's nice to see BTV build it's route presence westwardly, with DEN and DFW, but it's still meh at end of the day. If DL could add MSP back that would be nice, I think that would do well and be a nice alternative to DTW.

I figured this was more about Texans going to Vermont than anything else. Consider how much capacity has been added to other outdoorsy destinations for this summer. As for the searches, blame Google. I looked on the AA website and the nonstop showed up first, and it does not seem dramatically more expensive than the routes with connections.

paysonmt77

Tue May 18, 2021 5:28 pm

Regularly scheduled flights between Westchester County Airport and Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport, Orlando Melbourne International Airport and Portland (Maine) International Jetport by Elite Airways will begin July 1, the airline has announced.

LotsaRunway

Tue May 18, 2021 6:00 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
^^

I could see the case for either WN or BZ entering BTV. WN has been entering markets like BTV as of late and nobody really seems to have a handle on what BZ plans. That said, AA, DL, F9 and UA are treating BTV very well with nonstops to places that larger markets don't have direct access to. For example, I still can't understand why PVD doesn't have nonstops to DFW, but smaller markets are worried that the nonstp fares are too high. Until the Canadian border reopens, BTV is already punching way above its weight.

jplatts

Tue May 18, 2021 7:34 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:

There were a few routes out of DAL that WN previously operated on a Saturday-only, Sunday-only, or weekend-only basis due to WN being maxed out at DAL prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

WN also currently has Saturday-only DCA-ECP/PNS nonstop flights in its Fall 2021 flight schedule, but DCA is slot-restricted.

LotsaRunway wrote:
I could see the case for either WN or BZ entering BTV. WN has been entering markets like BTV as of late and nobody really seems to have a handle on what BZ plans. That said, AA, DL, F9 and UA are treating BTV very well with nonstops to places that larger markets don't have direct access to. For example, I still can't understand why PVD doesn't have nonstops to DFW, but smaller markets are worried that the nonstp fares are too high. Until the Canadian border reopens, BTV is already punching way above its weight.

One big difference between BTV and PVD is that BTV is further from other airports such as ALB, BOS, BDL, MHT, and PVD whereas PVD is closer to BDL and BOS.

AA also does not have to worry about losing BTV-DFW O&D passengers to WN connecting options to DAL as AA would in PVD and some other Northeastern markets with WN not currently serving BTV.

There are also bigger holes at PVD than the lack of AA PVD-DFW nonstop service such as the lack of PVD-DEN/BNA nonstop service with DEN and BNA being two of the top destinations traveled to from PVD in Q3 2019 that aren't currently served nonstop from PVD.

WN re-adding PVD-DEN/BNA nonstop service are possibilities with DEN and BNA being two of the top destinations without any nonstop service from PVD. I had also previously mentioned that WN was able to make PVD-DEN nonstop service work after adding BOS-DEN nonstop service but prior to dropping PVD-DEN nonstop service.

airbazar

Tue May 18, 2021 8:04 pm

mjgbtv wrote:
I figured this was more about Texans going to Vermont than anything else.

It is all about Dallas to Vermont, where Vermont is the leisure destination for people in Dallas.
Sat only routes are nothing new. Sat-only routes to leisure destinations offer a means to generate revenue in a day of the week that is slow for business travel.

LotsaRunway

Tue May 18, 2021 8:06 pm

jplatts wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:

One big difference between BTV and PVD is that BTV is further from other airports such as ALB, BOS, BDL, MHT, and PVD whereas PVD is closer to BDL and BOS.

AA also does not have to worry about losing BTV-DFW O&D passengers to WN connecting options to DAL as AA would in PVD and some other Northeastern markets with WN not currently serving BTV.

There are also bigger holes at PVD than the lack of AA PVD-DFW nonstop service such as the lack of PVD-DEN/BNA nonstop service with DEN and BNA being two of the top destinations traveled to from PVD in Q3 2019 that aren't currently served nonstop from PVD.

WN re-adding PVD-DEN/BNA nonstop service are possibilities with DEN and BNA being two of the top destinations without any nonstop service from PVD. I had also previously mentioned that WN was able to make PVD-DEN nonstop service work after adding BOS-DEN nonstop service but prior to dropping PVD-DEN nonstop service.

BTV is further from other large airports which helps, but outside of Montreal it is also more removed from population centers that can fill airplanes.

I believe that AA has demand to fill PVD flights to DFW between O&D and connecting passengers, but just doesn't do it because they strategically want people to use BOS for those types of flights. I don't expect WN to start DEN or BNA flights at a time that they have cut PVD-BWI to just 3 per day through the summer peak season. Their Boston area service is just collapsing. While BTV lies outside of this region, WN's current lack of interest in the New England has be skeptical about them starting BTV service.

Blueknows

Tue May 18, 2021 8:20 pm

BZ is going to fly to ALB. It’s was on the list they filed. WN already requested to fly into BTV years ago. The director said no to them. They wanted to fly BWI/LAS/MCO.

BTVB6Flyer

Tue May 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Blueknows wrote:
BZ is going to fly to ALB. It’s was on the list they filed. WN already requested to fly into BTV years ago. The director said no to them. They wanted to fly BWI/LAS/MCO.

I mean no offense, but no airport director is saying "no" to Southwest wanting to fly into their airport.

Also that Breeze list was listing alternative airports along their proving runs between ISP-TPA/MCO/FLL. ALB fits right in with being an alternative for ISP. Hence why no BNA, MSP, PIT, which at this point are for sure certain cities.
Last edited by BTVB6Flyer on Tue May 18, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTVB6Flyer

Tue May 18, 2021 8:56 pm

Can someone explain the Texas to VT demand? I've moved on from BTV being my home airport 10 years ago, but it still remains a 'base' of mine. That said, Texans wanting to fly to VT??? Texas (open), VT (largely closed), re COVID. Yet somehow can't maintain a flight to Florida? Legacy or not...

jplatts

Tue May 18, 2021 9:13 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
I believe that AA has demand to fill PVD flights to DFW between O&D and connecting passengers, but just doesn't do it because they strategically want people to use BOS for those types of flights.

There is less of a need for AA to serve DFW nonstop from PVD as AA already offers 1-stop connecting service to most of the major domestic destinations from PVD through ORD, PHL, DCA, and/or CLT.

LotsaRunway wrote:
I don't expect WN to start DEN or BNA flights at a time that they have cut PVD-BWI to just 3 per day through the summer peak season. Their Boston area service is just collapsing. While BTV lies outside of this region, WN's current lack of interest in the New England has be skeptical about them starting BTV service.

WN is down to 3x daily nonstops on ISP-BWI in Summer 2021, but WN is also resuming ISP-BNA nonstop service on June 6th. The situation is different in ISP than in PVD as
(a) LGA is the only airport other than ISP in the NYC market that is currently served by WN,
(b) LGA is slot restricted and landlocked,
(c) WN can more easily add more flights out of BOS if enough demand is there for additional WN flights out of BOS whereas slot restrictions at LGA restrict the amount of WN service out of LGA,
(d) the combined population of Nassau County, NY and Suffolk County, NY being around 2.8 million compared to a population of approximately 1.6 million in the Providence MSA, and
(e) ISP is not currently served by DL or UA whereas both DL and UA serve PVD.

mjgbtv

Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
Can someone explain the Texas to VT demand? I've moved on from BTV being my home airport 10 years ago, but it still remains a 'base' of mine. That said, Texans wanting to fly to VT??? Texas (open), VT (largely closed), re COVID. Yet somehow can't maintain a flight to Florida? Legacy or not...

Regarding COVID, Vermont should be as open as just about anywhere by July. As for Texas to VT, I'm not sure it is so much about VT in particular as a general trend toward vacationing outdoors this summer, and in this case somewhere cooler than Dallas. They added BGR also, I believe.

B595

Wed May 19, 2021 8:32 am

A little disappointing to learn that BTV-DFW is not timed for connections. I would have liked to try the 1-stop from the west coast through DFW, if only for the novelty.

But the poster above has it right: If it’s not timed for connections, then logic dictates it must be aimed at the summer outdoor crowd trying to get away from the DFW metroplex, just like all the other airline 1x/week adds from big cities to KSP, BZN, GJT, TVC, PWM, etc.

B595

Wed May 19, 2021 8:59 am

Blueknows wrote:
WN already requested to fly into BTV years ago. The director said no to them. They wanted to fly BWI/LAS/MCO.

You’ve made this claim before, saying that BTV wouldn’t give WN the gates they wanted or some such thing. Even if we suspend disbelief for the moment, that conversation between WN and BTV happened years ago, and a decade is an eternity in business. A company like WN is constantly revisiting opportunities and if they felt there was a good business case to be made for BTV, they would have reengaged the airport management. Sorry, but the reality is WN isn’t in BTV because there simply hasn’t been a convincing $$$ case for it to date. We’ll see if the pandemic has changed the equation significantly in BTV’s favor (I think it has).

airbazar

Wed May 19, 2021 11:37 am

mjgbtv wrote:
BTVB6Flyer wrote:

Regarding COVID, Vermont should be as open as just about anywhere by July. As for Texas to VT, I'm not sure it is so much about VT in particular as a general trend toward vacationing outdoors this summer, and in this case somewhere cooler than Dallas. They added BGR also, I believe.

Exactly. It's the current nationwide trend.
On Vermont: VT has lifted all its travel restrictions as of 4 days ago. All of New England will lift just about all Covid restrictions by the end of the month thanks to the high rate of vaccination acceptance. MA was the last NE state to announce the lifting of Covid restrictions, which will take effect on May 29th.
On Florida: the Florida panhandle and the Texas gulf coast are a day's drive or less from Dallas, and Mexico beaches are just as far as other parts of Florida. That might explain the trouble maintaining a flight to Florida.
Also, the Dallas area has a lot of NE transplants. Some might prefer flying into a place other than BOS.

Cboyle

Wed May 19, 2021 12:43 pm

The MHT announcement will be UA to IAD. Sorry folks.

tomaheath

Wed May 19, 2021 2:05 pm

Cboyle wrote:
The MHT announcement will be UA to IAD. Sorry folks.

Exactly what I said above.

btvhopper

Wed May 19, 2021 2:17 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:

I'm a little skeptical that's what the basis of this flight is. I think it's more marketing gimmick than anything as a weekly 70-seat regional is still immaterial even for a small airport like BTV with ~1.5M total pax in a "normal" year. Based on my own experience and anecdotes it seems BTV tends to be more of an outbound airport, serving the local market, rather than an inbound airport for leisure travelers visiting Vermont. The vast majority of Vermont tourists come from the Northeastern US region and drive. Those that fly in from a far (such as Texas) seem to vastly prefer flying into Boston, then driving to Vermont. That's just my experience. Whereas local people (including bargain hunters from Quebec trying to avoid the added cost of Canadian air travel--when the border is open) tend to prefer the novelty and convenience of patronizing BTV. This trend is corroborated when looking at parking garage utilization (locals traveling outbound) vs car rental receipts (inbound travelers).

And as far as reopening we should be well 100% reopen by the time the flight starts in July. Most sectors are now open, but somethings, like bars and restaurants, are still operating under the tightest restrictions in the country (eg, there's still a 10pm nightly curfew in Vermont, while Massachusetts removed their similar curfew two months ago). The science and governor and even the Mayor of Burlington (a very leftist city where some city councilors want to abolish the airport due to "emissions") are ready to reopen. However, the electorate--even though they're largely fully vaccinated--aren't ready to give up their masks nor enter indoor public spaces.

Airport operations at BTV are always extremely political. The Director is a Mayoral appointee, and the job is almost always given to a political insider or buddy of the mayor--which is why they typically lack much aviation experience if any (the current director's background is in founding a mini mortgage banking empire). That said I do believe the current Director (Gene Richards) is doing a good job and has certainly turned around the finances of the airport. But if we get a new leftist administration in City Hall that could change on a dime.

btvhopper

Wed May 19, 2021 2:24 pm

airbazar wrote:
Exactly. It's the current nationwide trend.
On Vermont: VT has lifted all its travel restrictions as of 4 days ago. All of New England will lift just about all Covid restrictions by the end of the month thanks to the high rate of vaccination acceptance. MA was the last NE state to announce the lifting of Covid restrictions, which will take effect on May 29th.
On Florida: the Florida panhandle and the Texas gulf coast are a day's drive or less from Dallas, and Mexico beaches are just as far as other parts of Florida. That might explain the trouble maintaining a flight to Florida.
Also, the Dallas area has a lot of NE transplants. Some might prefer flying into a place other than BOS.

Vermont still has significant Covid restrictions in place. While travel restrictions have been loosened, most things in terms of entertainment/food/beverage/venues (indoor and outdoor) are much more open in Massachusetts than they are in Vermont. For example, there's still a 10pm curfew in Vermont for bars and restaurants--in Massachusetts a similar curfew was dropped in late March.

My hope is by June 1 these restrictions will finally be nullified. But then the issue becomes labor shortages. Many popular restaurants, bars and breweries (the establishments that draw tourists and locals alike) that have remained close at least since last fall, if not for the last 14 months (just wasn't worth operating under the restrictions), have said they won't be able to reopen until August because of the labor shortage. My guess is the labor shortage will start affecting airlines too as they struggle to find flight attendants.

Blueknows

Thu May 20, 2021 12:31 am

BTV is nothing short of a wasted opportunity. Build a terminal connecting with shipping containers. Charging high rent and not allowing any other concessions. Installing a recovery hallway…nothing better when our tourist arrive to show videos of addiction. F9 has contract that lets them to leave with 30 day notice. Also if you didn’t know there are no mainline airlines in BTV (Aa)is operated by Piedmont/ (F9-DL-B6) is operated by UNIFI/UA is run by UGE. The director has no airport experience. The city of BTV needs to sell the airport to state. Let the governor hire a professional company to run it.

B595

Thu May 20, 2021 12:54 am

btvhopper wrote:
I'm a little skeptical that's what the basis of this flight is. I think it's more marketing gimmick than anything as a weekly 70-seat regional is still immaterial even for a small airport like BTV with ~1.5M total pax in a "normal" year. Based on my own experience and anecdotes it seems BTV tends to be more of an outbound airport, serving the local market, rather than an inbound airport for leisure travelers visiting Vermont. The vast majority of Vermont tourists come from the Northeastern US region and drive. Those that fly in from a far (such as Texas) seem to vastly prefer flying into Boston, then driving to Vermont. That's just my experience.

Not discounting anything you said, but there’s going to be a minority (say 10%) of “those that fly in from afar” that don’t want to deal with big-city BOS or have to drive +4h to get to their final vacation destination. I think it’s more likely that AA is targeting this minority with the DFW-BTV 1x/week, rather than attempting some sort of marketing gimmick. Especially since this minority might be the kind that’s willing to pay a premium.

B595

Thu May 20, 2021 7:52 am

Beta Technologies is planning a 270,000 sq ft manufacturing facility at BTV for their eVTOL. Very ambitious. It’s too soon to tell if this company has long-term staying power. But for the moment it’s truly exciting.

https://m.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/archives/2021/05/18/ready-for-takeoff-beta-plans-to-manufacture-its-electric-planes-at-btv

slcdeltarumd11

Thu May 20, 2021 8:34 am

Everyone needs to take a deep breathe here. The timing is not a disaster at all and contrary to previous posts BTV-DFW connects to lots of cities. It offers connections to all the largest o&d western cities. There is an entire departure "bank" at DFW 1025-1045pm with a generous and safe layover. The DFW-BTV flight connects to ALL the largest o&d cities and even some smaller cities that one stop flights are not that easy.

DEN, COS, ABQ, SLC, LAS, LAX, SAN, SFO, RNO, PDX,SEA, SMF, GEG, IAH, AUS, SAT, ELP just to give you some of the flights this flight feeds to at DFW all with solid layover times! There is an entire departure bank this flight feeds into perfectly. AA isnt dumb this flight is timed perfectly for a departure "bank" with a nice safe layover.

Its hard to get one stop flights to cities out west, this is still a great flight to BTV and i think the timing is good. I cant spend the whole day flying, this timing is ideal and gets you on western time. If we support it, maybe we can get it to year round or more days of the week. I think this is ideal timing for going out west. I and most people are not retirees who can afford an entire day to travel this gives us a nice PM option besides united to ORD to get out west later in the day. Having this flight as an evening arrival and am departure (the only other realistic alternative) would be dumb and AA knows what they are doing here. This flight serves a nice niche market and timing. This is good timing for this flight to start. Everything can change, lets support it

SCHATC422

Thu May 20, 2021 12:03 pm

At this time tomorrow, Breeze will unveil their first destinations and routes. Have to believe with good reason that BDL will be among a few airports in New England included, with BDL-CHS being one of their first routes I’ve heard as a very distinct possibility. I have a feeling PVD will be on there as a destination, as well.

RL757PVD

Thu May 20, 2021 12:48 pm

I can see places like PIT, CHS, SAV, JAX, ORF, all being sustainable from PVD, BDL and ALB, especially if its all less than daily. if BNA is in the cards that could be served from PVD, I suspect they wouldn't go up against WN at BDL.

CMHtraveler

Thu May 20, 2021 5:23 pm

PITFlyer330 wrote:

Kudos to the press release author for their creativity in describing the CRJ-200 as “state of the art”. :lol:

LotsaRunway

Thu May 20, 2021 5:46 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

Kudos to the press release author for their creativity in describing the CRJ-200 as “state of the art”. :lol:

That is very cute! :roll:
I suppose it sounds better than saying it's the least customer friendly regional jet... :crowded:
Well, a few of these is better than nothing.
Now, on to getting DL to return.

Interesting to note that UA will use gate 4. They used to use Gates 1 and 2, so they are moving. But why not move to gate 5, 6, or 7 so they are more in the flow of the in-use part of the terminal? Why save those gates? :scratchchin:

737Jason

Thu May 20, 2021 8:29 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:
PITFlyer330 wrote:

I suppose it sounds better than saying it's the least customer friendly regional jet... :crowded:

Interesting to note that UA will use gate 4. They used to use Gates 1 and 2, so they are moving. But why not move to gate 5, 6, or 7 so they are more in the flow of the in-use part of the terminal? Why save those gates? :scratchchin:

Its cool to see gate 4 being used after being abandoned so many years. Does anybody think United will add any new routes, and if so, what would they be?

tomaheath

Thu May 20, 2021 8:46 pm

737Jason wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:

Its cool to see gate 4 being used after being abandoned so many years. Does anybody think United will add any new routes, and if so, what would they be?

The gate change thing has me slightly puzzled. They must not be planning on any additional flights because they’re loosing a gate.

737Jason

Thu May 20, 2021 9:06 pm

tomaheath wrote:
737Jason wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:

The gate change thing has me slightly puzzled. They must not be planning on any additional flights because they’re loosing a gate.

Why would they be losing a gate, since when they switched to the IAD route instead of Ohare and Newark, they only used gate 1.

tomaheath

Thu May 20, 2021 9:08 pm

737Jason wrote:
tomaheath wrote:
737Jason wrote:

Why would they be losing a gate, since when they switched to the IAD route instead of Ohare and Newark, they only used gate 1.

Gates 1 and 2 shared one podium.

CairnterriAIR

Thu May 20, 2021 11:21 pm

SCHATC422 wrote:
At this time tomorrow, Breeze will unveil their first destinations and routes. Have to believe with good reason that BDL will be among a few airports in New England included, with BDL-CHS being one of their first routes I’ve heard as a very distinct possibility. I have a feeling PVD will be on there as a destination, as well.

I’m guessing BDL is a given for the first round of routes. Yes to Charleston...a big market with no nonstop service. Pretty much a low risk flight. I’m going to take a long shot guess that they double up in Connecticut with service to HVN eventually as well. Probably watching how Avelo does this fall with bookings. PVD will be in the first round as well, and I’m also guessing a Maine airport and BTV.

EFA2014

Fri May 21, 2021 12:02 am

I think PSM will be a Breeze add for sure. In fact I’ll be shocked if it isn’t announced tomorrow

Wneast

Fri May 21, 2021 12:09 am

I find it funny that people think breeze is going to airports nobody goes too like they will surprise a lot of people

FLYKTPA

Fri May 21, 2021 12:14 am

Wneast wrote:
I find it funny that people think breeze is going to airports nobody goes too like they will surprise a lot of people

I agree. People took the underserved idea way too literally and thought Breeze can magically fill aircraft to destinations with zero demand.

Portlander

Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 am

Not sure what all of the excitement is with Breeze Airways, their fleet currently consists of 6 Embraer aircraft. I've read that there are many more on order but deliveries won't start until October. Will this airline become smaller version of Allegiant or Spirit in the future with a "disappear in the middle of the night" approach if revenues don't match expectations? I wish them the best in whatever markets they choose tomorrow but help me out if I'm missing something.

FLYKTPA

Fri May 21, 2021 1:33 am

Portlander wrote:
Not sure what all of the excitement is with Breeze Airways, their fleet currently consists of 6 Embraer aircraft. I've read that there are many more on order but deliveries won't start until October. Will this airline become smaller version of Allegiant or Spirit in the future with a "disappear in the middle of the night" approach if revenues don't match expectations? I wish them the best in whatever markets they choose tomorrow but help me out if I'm missing something.

It’s a new US startup with loads of money backing it along with proven start-up guru David Neeleman. Kinda a big deal.

Must take a lot to get you excited lol

Portlander

Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 am

Thanks for the quick overview, my excitement level is on the rise : )