Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

slcdeltarumd11

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:19 pm

WNflyer1523 wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
737Jason wrote:
I have some concern regarding NK at MHT. I know a few reliable sources at the airport, and they have informed me the flights are only carrying 50 people on average. This is worrisome, as that is obviously not profitable. I know it is not the busy season, but I don't feel the flights should be that empty. I have a bad feeling we could see them gone within 6 months to a year.

Slow season
Start-ups in new markets often start slowly
Lack of local name recognition and what there is was not great in recent press
People need time to change habits

Other airlines at MHT are running over 90% loads so I agree with the reply saying to give it some time. I'm sure the upcoming winter, holiday period and then school break seasons will drive loads upward. Once that is done, recognition will be there.

Agreed with this post. I'm sure they'll make it work.

If only that MCO flight didn't arrive in after midnight. Not a good choice for families with little kids.

ULCC customers will fly regardless of times IF the price is right.

Spirit cant afford that much time sitting. It's good efficiency to reduce time just sitting on the ground.

Spirit used to run some crazy times on plattsburgh to Florida. I think also from Niagara Falls and maybe ewr. Before the border closure those flights were packed. They had some insane times too. For plattsburgh it was Landing at like 1am and departing at like 252am. Landing at 6am in Florida. The ulcc crowd will still use it. Those flights were all kids. You get the most vacation time out of a late flight out of mco and an an early departure. Lots of people who dont travel often will gravitate and love those times on paper. Sounds ideal for maximizing vacation time (again not frequent flyers infrequent flyers is their key demo). We all avoid but lots of people want those times
Last edited by slcdeltarumd11 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

737Jason

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN/BGR) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:25 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
Slow season

Other airlines at MHT are running over 90% loads so I agree with the reply saying to give it some time. I'm sure the upcoming winter, holiday period and then school break seasons will drive loads upward. Once that is done, recognition will be there.

If only that MCO flight didn't arrive in after midnight. Not a good choice for families with little kids.

ULCC customers will fly regardless of times.

Spirit cant afford that much time sitting. It's good efficiency to reduce time just sitting on the ground.

Spirit used to run some crazy times on plattsburgh to fll. Before the border closure those flights were packed. They had some insane times too. Landing at like 1am and departing at like 252am. The ulcc crowd will still use it. You get the most vacation time out of a late flight out of mco and an an early departure. Lots of people who dont travel often will gravitate and love those times on paper. Sounds ideal for maximizing vacation time (again not frequent flyers is their key demo).

I unfortunately have to agree with you. NK is faltering, and personally I do not see a recovery.

airbazar

Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:44 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
Slow season

Spirit used to run some crazy times on plattsburgh to Florida. I think also from Niagara Falls and maybe ewr. Before the border closure those flights were packed. They had some insane times too. For plattsburgh it was Landing at like 1am and departing at like 252am. Landing at 6am in Florida. The ulcc crowd will still use it. Those flights were all kids. You get the most vacation time out of a late flight out of mco and an an early departure. Lots of people who dont travel often will gravitate and love those times on paper. Sounds ideal for maximizing vacation time (again not frequent flyers infrequent flyers is their key demo). We all avoid but lots of people want those times

And are they flying from Plattsburgh today? What about Niagara Falls? The majority of those passengers were driving down from Canada, that's why.
What kind of competition did they have in those cities? Nothing even remotely close to what they have at MHT, let alone from BOS.

BTVB6Flyer

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:55 pm

BTV-MIA began today on AA Eagle

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:32 pm

airbazar wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
WNflyer1523 wrote:

And are they flying from Plattsburgh today? What about Niagara Falls? The majority of those passengers were driving down from Canada, that's why.
What kind of competition did they have in those cities? Nothing even remotely close to what they have at MHT, let alone from BOS.

Those cities dont work because the border is too hard to navigate. I bet they come back in a few years they made money. The point is ULCC will deal with hours that seasoned travelers won't touch. The hours are not spirits problem if they fail.

You dont need to worry. Pre covid spirilt has said they only fly routes that make money. If the route fails and shows no signs of a correction, spirit will leave. They dont fly routes just for the network or frequent flyers or anything like that. A route either works or they leave it

jplatts

Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:16 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Those cities dont work because the border is too hard to navigate. I bet they come back in a few years they made money. The point is ULCC will deal with hours that seasoned travelers won't touch. The hours are not spirits problem if they fail.

You dont need to worry. Pre covid spirilt has said they only fly routes that make money. If the route fails and shows no signs of a correction, spirit will leave. They dont fly routes just for the network or frequent flyers or anything like that. A route either works or they leave it

F9, B6, and WN were able to make nonstop leisure routes work from BUF in July 2021, even with the international border closures. However, BUF is in a much bigger market than PBG or BTV, and there is significantly more demand on the U.S. side of the Buffalo-Niagara Falls area to support F9/WN BUF-DEN, WN/B6 BUF-FLL, F9/WN/B6 BUF-MCO, and F9/WN BUF-TPA nonstop service.

737Jason

Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:55 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
airbazar wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

The plane only has 50 passengers, so I would assume they would not be making a profit. So, what makes them want to stay at MHT?

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:24 am

737Jason wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
airbazar wrote:

The plane only has 50 passengers, so I would assume they would not be making a profit. So, what makes them want to stay at MHT?

You dont know anything about future bookings. Winter they could thrive and are making a conclusion quick. You also nothing about revenues all of spirits profits are on the upsells anyway not fares of passengers . If they are using the planes when they would be sitting idle we dont know what the metric mark is for them either. I do know spirit will leave quick or adjust quickly if they are burning cash but obviously give some time for routes and new cities to develop. We dont have to sit here and make conclusions. They will not fly planes that are burning cash long term. Winter is coming quick , very different florida demand coming very soon , I'd see how it goes before making any huge conclusions. Or go fly spirit and enjoy a whole row toyourself! It sounds awesome actually as a passenger if true

BTVB6Flyer

Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Also appears BTV-DFW stopped for the season same time MIA started

737Jason

Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:01 pm

UA dropped IAD out of MHT in 2022. EWR is staying the same at 2x daily.

CairnterriAIR

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:01 am

airlineworker wrote:

Apparently the first bunch of flights have gone out full or nearly full, and future bookings are very heavy. I was going to try the PBI flight in Feb, but it was sold out the day I wanted to go, Ended up getting a good price on Southwest out of BDL though.

FLYKTPA

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:02 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

Apparently the first bunch of flights have gone out full or nearly full, and future bookings are very heavy. I was going to try the PBI flight in Feb, but it was sold out the day I wanted to go, Ended up getting a good price on Southwest out of BDL though.

Flew MCO-HVN on Saturday. Had 50ish people on it. Hopefully it picks up around the holidays!

CairnterriAIR

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:20 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

Flew MCO-HVN on Saturday. Had 50ish people on it. Hopefully it picks up around the holidays!

How is getting through the airport? Parking? TSA. I flew out of HVN years ago and check in was brutal. Long lines...737 to Chicago and two turboprops departing close together.

FLYKTPA

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:33 pm

CairnterriAIR wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:

How is getting through the airport? Parking? TSA. I flew out of HVN years ago and check in was brutal. Long lines...737 to Chicago and two turboprops departing close together.

The terminal is pretty bare-bones. It’s basically a white box. And your only transportation option is Uber or a Taxi. I didn’t fly back out of HVN, so not sure on the parking or TSA. The building we arrived into didn’t have TSA in it, just baggage claim. But overall it’s a neat little airport. You can tell they are ready to ramp up ops. Lots of Avelo employees there.

CairnterriAIR

Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:05 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

The terminal is pretty bare-bones. It’s basically a white box. And your only transportation option is Uber or a Taxi. I didn’t fly back out of HVN, so not sure on the parking or TSA. The building we arrived into didn’t have TSA in it, just baggage claim. But overall it’s a neat little airport. You can tell they are ready to ramp up ops. Lots of Avelo employees there.

The airport is embarking on a large expansion, complete with a new terminal in the opposite side of the field. It will never be a BDL, but it will indeed catch passengers with better infrastructure.

CairnterriAIR

Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:07 pm

CairnterriAIR wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:

The airport is embarking on a large expansion, complete with a new terminal in the opposite side of the field. It will never be a BDL, but it will indeed catch passengers with better infrastructure. Keep in mind these flights have probably been marketed more for people leaving HVN and going south at this point, so it will take a bit for the north bounds to fill....up here people are jumping all over the service.

bloxomo

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:03 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

There's the CT Transit 206 bus too...no more than 2 busses per hour...and by phoned-in request only (otherwise a 1/4 mile walk to the closest full-time stop).

airlineworker

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:58 pm

CairnterriAIR wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:

The airport is embarking on a large expansion, complete with a new terminal in the opposite side of the field. It will never be a BDL, but it will indeed catch passengers with better infrastructure.

That's the beauty part of HVN in that it will never be a BDL. If HVN can get UA to ORD and DL to ATL, that would go a long way for area flyers to eliminate BDL. 27% of BDL flyers are from the metro New Haven area. As far as international flights New Haven and Bridgeport are close to the best international airport on the east coast, JFK. New London-Groton flyers have BOS Logan. I feel either UA or DL will commit to HVN next year. I have flown from HVN for years, it's hassle free, a few miles from the city center and minutes away from I-95 and I-91. While in New Haven, gotta go to Wooster Street for the best Napoli Italian pizza, wood and coal fired ovens make the best thin crust pizza's.

uconn99

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:54 pm

airlineworker wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

That's the beauty part of HVN in that it will never be a BDL. If HVN can get UA to ORD and DL to ATL, that would go a long way for area flyers to eliminate BDL. 27% of BDL flyers are from the metro New Haven area. As far as international flights New Haven and Bridgeport are close to the best international airport on the east coast, JFK. New London-Groton flyers have BOS Logan. I feel either UA or DL will commit to HVN next year. I have flown from HVN for years, it's hassle free, a few miles from the city center and minutes away from I-95 and I-91. While in New Haven, gotta go to Wooster Street for the best Napoli Italian pizza, wood and coal fired ovens make the best thin crust pizza's.

Where are you finding 27% of BDL passengers are from the New Haven metro?

airlineworker

Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:17 pm

uconn99 wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:

I am trying to find the site that had a breakdown of BDL's passenger numbers by counties.

CairnterriAIR

Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:47 am

airlineworker wrote:
uconn99 wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

I am trying to find the site that had a breakdown of BDL's passenger numbers by counties.

27% seems like a large number. If anything most HVN area pax would otherwise use HPN or the NYC airports rather than BDL. The cutoff would probably be around Wallingford.

airlineworker

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:39 am

CairnterriAIR wrote:
airlineworker wrote:
uconn99 wrote:

27% seems like a large number. If anything most HVN area pax would otherwise use HPN or the NYC airports rather than BDL. The cutoff would probably be around Wallingford.

This is not the graph I was looking for but it shows where New Haven area passengers fly out of, it shows most use BDL. See page 9. I will keep looking for the other web site.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2018/pddata/tmy/ ... on-TMY.PDF

lat41

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:43 am

FLYKTPA wrote:
CairnterriAIR wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

There is also the problem of getting a reasonable amount of passengers on the return flights before vacation season ramps up. Right now, there are lots of people flying down for the season opening up their rentals and condos etc. but not too many coming back up. 90-100% Southbound doesn't look so good when for a time there is only 40% take rate Northbound. Same thing happens in May when all those people return, but vacation season trails off. That has to factor in.

jplatts

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:13 pm

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of BDL, MHT, PWM, and PVD in August 2021:
BDL-BNA - 7396 passengers, 8268 seats, 89.45% load factor
BDL-BWI - 27698 passengers, 31922 seats, 86.77% load factor
BDL-DEN - 8945 passengers, 9527 seats, 93.89% load factor
BDL-MCO - 13130 passengers, 14062 seats, 93.37% load factor
BDL-MDW - 16087 passengers, 17238 seats, 93.32% load factor
BDL-TPA - 8592 passengers, 9508 seats, 90.37% load factor

BWI-MHT - 31645 passengers, 34925 seats, 90.61% load factor
MCO-MHT - 9193 passengers, 9995 seats, 91.98% load factor
MDW-MHT - 16229 passengers, 17490 seats, 92.79% load factor
MHT-TPA - 2338 passengers, 2574 seats, 90.83% load factor

BWI-PWM - 32717 passengers, 38662 seats, 84.62% load factor
MDW-PWM - 8780 passengers, 9924 seats, 88.47% load factor

BWI-PVD - 31361 passengers, 34666 seats, 90.47% load factor
MCO-PVD - 18185 passengers, 19375 seats, 93.86% load factor
MDW-PVD - 15075 passengers, 16340 seats, 92.26% load factor
PVD-RSW - 1067 passengers, 1144 seats, 93.27% load factor
PVD-TPA - 14913 passengers, 17036 seats, 87.54% load factor

chrisnh

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:25 pm

Apparently construction on the new cargo building with space for three widebodies is beginning in earnest at MHT. I don’t know if this is a precursor to Amazon planes showing up in 2022 or if existing tenants FedEx and UPS will fill the space.

PVD523

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:14 am

DL making some moves to be a larger player at PVD. Up to 3x daily PVD-LGA starts January 5. Two of the three DTW flights transfer to mainline metal as well. After reinstating the seasonal MSP service last year, it's nice to see some life from them after keeping essentially the same schedule for the last 10+ years.

BTVB6Flyer

Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:48 am

DL responds to SY and adds some NE markets to MSP:

Portland International Jetport (PWM) daily using an Airbus A320

* Providence’s T.F. Green International Airport (PVD) daily using an Airbus A320

* Burlington International Airport (BTV) three times per week using an Airbus A320

https://simpleflying.com/delta-minneapolis-sun-country/

lat41

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:12 pm

PVD523 wrote:
DL making some moves to be a larger player at PVD. Up to 3x daily PVD-LGA starts January 5. Two of the three DTW flights transfer to mainline metal as well. After reinstating the seasonal MSP service last year, it's nice to see some life from them after keeping essentially the same schedule for the last 10+ years.

PVD LGA may make a dent in the Acela and hired car travel besides offering Ohio Valley and other DL destinations East of DTW and North of ATL unreachable on their system now

PVD757

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:35 pm

lat41 wrote:
PVD523 wrote:

PVD LGA may make a dent in the Acela and hired car travel besides offering Ohio Valley and other DL destinations East of DTW and North of ATL unreachable on their system now

Agree. LGA gets DL passengers from PVD to places like RIC, RDU, ORF, PIT, etc. without backtracking (assuming all of those places still have LGA service on DL).

B595

Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:35 pm

BTVB6Flyer wrote:
DL responds to SY and adds some NE markets to MSP:

Portland International Jetport (PWM) daily using an Airbus A320

* Providence’s T.F. Green International Airport (PVD) daily using an Airbus A320

* Burlington International Airport (BTV) three times per week using an Airbus A320

https://simpleflying.com/delta-minneapolis-sun-country/

3x/week BTV-MSP on A320? Jeez, that's an aggressive response. I think we know predatory capacity dumping when we see it. DL* has never even had mainline on BTV-DTW or BTV-MSP before, not even 1x/week.

*NW did have mainline on MSP, but that was token, less than a year..

pwm2txlhopper

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Apparently, iit looks like AA has announced its cutting LGA-PWM and BGR in their announcement they were cutting 27 routes. Was kind of surprised at this as LGA is one of the tops destinations out of PWM.

I seem to recall when it was still USairways, they also cut LGA-PWM before brining it back. Why I don’t travel to NYC, I do welcome JetBlue start LGA-PWM next summer. Much.conveniently for getting to NYC than flying to JFK. Hopefully fares to LGA will be cheap, as you can often flyi to JFK with them out of PWM for about $70 each way. Just a bit more than the buss.

‘American Cuts routes of of JFK/ LGA’

https://onemileatatime.com/news/america ... rk-routes/

Portlander

Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Actually, LGA is not one of the top destinations out of PWM and failed to make the top ten from July 2020-July 2021. Newark (8) was the only NYC area airport to make the list, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago were the top three with Atlanta coming in at seven which surprised me. Are you counting the Cape Air puddle jumpers that stop in BOS before making their way to LGA as service from PWM, or is there going to be direct E190 flights that I haven't heard about?

pwm2txlhopper

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:15 am

Portlander wrote:
Actually, LGA is not one of the top destinations out of PWM and failed to make the top ten from July 2020-July 2021. Newark (8) was the only NYC area airport to make the list, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago were the top three with Atlanta coming in at seven which surprised me. Are you counting the Cape Air puddle jumpers that stop in BOS before making their way to LGA as service from PWM, or is there going to be direct E190 flights that I haven't heard about?

Yes, I’m sure COVID played partin that.. But New York City has long been a top destination out of PWM before COVID numbers off.

And I’ve seen those PWM numbers to places like CLT and ORD showing they carry most passengers out of PWM, but those numbers would be different if they were showing the final O\D destination all the passengers were really going to when they show the top destinations out of PWM. Many of those passengers on flights to Places like CLT, BWI, ATL out of PWM aren’t terminating there, but connecting to somewhere else. I’m sure there are more passengers terminating in MCO for example, than there are CLT or, BWI, oATL, which show as the tops destination in terms of seats out of PWM.

VS4ever

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:08 am

So one for Uconn99 here (I wish you could tag people, but oh well). Enjoy. My next shot, now i have the format will be PVD, but these take a while as the downloads for the data are limited to month by month.

Below are the On time Performance Stats for BDL from 2018 to Aug 2021. The file I used only goes back that far, because it's the one that has the regional data as well as the mainline breakout, so you can see exactly what's going on. There's Month, QTD, YTD and Annual data along with route data. Also some fun facts, like how many tails show up for a particular airline (at least of those recorded). What's the worst route for delays, and what's the worst time of day (only available at group level due to complexity)

Calculations completed for AA, B6, DL, F9, NK, UA and WN.

DL - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true,

NK - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true,

UA - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true,

F9 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true,

AA - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true,

WN - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true,

B6 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true

tichydev

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:15 pm

pwm2txlhopper wrote:
Apparently, iit looks like AA has announced its cutting LGA-PWM and BGR in their announcement they were cutting 27 routes. Was kind of surprised at this as LGA is one of the tops destinations out of PWM.

I seem to recall when it was still USairways, they also cut LGA-PWM before brining it back. Why I don’t travel to NYC, I do welcome JetBlue start LGA-PWM next summer. Much.conveniently for getting to NYC than flying to JFK. Hopefully fares to LGA will be cheap, as you can often flyi to JFK with them out of PWM for about $70 each way. Just a bit more than the buss.

‘American Cuts routes of of JFK/ LGA’

https://onemileatatime.com/news/america ... rk-routes/

Just looks like Doug Parker going back to his old playbook. Pack up LGA and hand it to Delta… although this time he’s handing quite the flying package to JBU as well.

uconn99

Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:33 pm

VS4ever wrote:
So one for Uconn99 here (I wish you could tag people, but oh well). Enjoy. My next shot, now i have the format will be PVD, but these take a while as the downloads for the data are limited to month by month.

Below are the On time Performance Stats for BDL from 2018 to Aug 2021. The file I used only goes back that far, because it's the one that has the regional data as well as the mainline breakout, so you can see exactly what's going on. There's Month, QTD, YTD and Annual data along with route data. Also some fun facts, like how many tails show up for a particular airline (at least of those recorded). What's the worst route for delays, and what's the worst time of day (only available at group level due to complexity)

Sweet, good work man!

maximairways

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:16 pm

Anything new on Aer Lingus restarting BDL. I recall seeing BDL saying they were hoping for them to return. Their signage is still up around the airport, including the gate.

But the latest IAG map doesn't show BDL in their immediate plans to restart.

bloxomo

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:30 pm

uconn99 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

Sweet, good work man!

Indeed, this is very interesting to see, especially the stark contrast for WN in 2018 to now. Especially frustrating for me to remember the days of 8x daily BDL-BWI that will be 3x this coming April, behind even MHT-BWI at 4x. What's the floor at BDL for WN? Hey B6, want to try BDL-DCA again?

Edit: clarify which April

airlineworker

Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:17 am

AA switching ORH-PHL to ORH-JFK. 1-5-2022 Good way to kill the service. Fly to an airport with fewer connections.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ma/worcester/ ... jfk-philly

VS4ever

Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:41 am

airlineworker wrote:
AA switching ORH-PHL to ORH-JFK. 1-5-2022 Good way to kill the service. Fly to an airport with fewer connections.

Except they are hooking it into the NEA, so not that crazy considering

BitFly

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:33 pm

VS4ever wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

AA switching ORH-PHL to ORH-JFK makes perfect sense, as this is part of the NEA, which will allow JetBlue and AA to connect all their flights out of JFK. A lot more options for fliers out of ORH.
This switch will also allow JetBlue to add non-stop ORH-MCO flights very soon.
Good way to kill the service was if AA kept ORH-PHL with a horrible schedule, which was basically a dead end flight with no connection options for anyone flying out of ORH.

ritoitalia

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Seems American is also copying Delta's strategy in ORH, with a flight to NYC. It's good to see Worcester getting service to logical hubs on two cabin aircraft. Hopefully as/when travel rebounds ORH can have its moment in the sun.

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:39 pm

On paper ORH is surrounded by people. You would think they could make it work. I k how thet doesnt always translate. Getting to Logan and parking is a huge pain!

airbazar

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:45 pm

BitFly wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

AA switching ORH-PHL to ORH-JFK makes perfect sense, as this is part of the NEA, which will allow JetBlue and AA to connect all their flights out of JFK. A lot more options for fliers out of ORH.
Good way to kill the service was if AA kept ORH-PHL with a horrible schedule, which was basically a dead end flight with no connection options for anyone flying out of ORH.

I'm sure some people won't care where they connect but premium AA flyers may since T5 doesn't have a lounge. They can wait at the lounge in T8 before hopping on the bus to T5, I guess. This change may not kill the service but it's one more pain point in the road to attracting AA frequent fliers to ORH.

airlineworker

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:09 pm

BitFly wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
airlineworker wrote:

I agree the ORH-PHL flight was too late in arriving at PHL to make it work but a better choice would have been ORH-CLT. Many more connections compared to PHL.

cloudboy

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:28 pm

I try to regularly fly out of ORH. The problem is that the flight times just don't work. It comes down to the idea that the plane does the turn around in ORH. If it leaves early enough to make connections outbound, it returns too early for connections inbound. And let's be honest, ORH is not much of a destination market, so it is mostly outbound passengers.

I did the DL flight to Laguardia - there were a total of 12 passengers aboard. The B6 flights are almost never more than half full. I think B6 can make it work because really it is just a place to park the plane overnight. By all means I really want to see ORH work, but one flight a day just won't cut it.

BitFly

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:54 pm

The JFK flights are a move on the right direction for ORH, connecting people to a variety of destinations. Coming January, there will be a total of four New York flight options between all three air lines, which will make a little more attractive for ORH. I agree with the Lounge situation between JFK T5 and T8, but I'm sure that B6 and AA will have something worked out soon regarding JFK lounges between both terminals.

What might happen next year is JetBlue adding non-stop ORH-MCO and most likely reducing to one flight a day to JFK, having AA compliment JFK with their daily flight thru the NEA agreement. So by fall ORH will be servicing most likely 3 daily New York flights (1x B6, AA, Delta), Fort Lauderdale and Orlando non-stop.

airlineworker

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:20 pm

BitFly wrote:
The JFK flights are a move on the right direction for ORH, connecting people to a variety of destinations. Coming January, there will be a total of four New York flight options between all three air lines, which will make a little more attractive for ORH. I agree with the Lounge situation between JFK T5 and T8, but I'm sure that B6 and AA will have something worked out soon regarding JFK lounges between both terminals.

What might happen next year is JetBlue adding non-stop ORH-MCO and most likely reducing to one flight a day to JFK, having AA compliment JFK with their daily flight thru the NEA agreement. So by fall ORH will be servicing most likely 3 daily New York flights (1x B6, AA, Delta), Fort Lauderdale and Orlando non-stop.

Three flights to New York is overkill. AA should to to CLT, DL to ATL. Those are the hubs that offer the most connections. I think both DL and AA are appeasing Massport, what good is one daily flight?

bdlflyer

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:08 pm

Beginning February 2022, Frontier will offer seasonal service from BDL to CUN and SJU. Flights will operate three times a week.
https://bradleyairport.com/2021/11/30/e ... an-juan-2/

LotsaRunway

Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:02 pm

bdlflyer wrote:
Beginning February 2022, Frontier will offer seasonal service from BDL to CUN and SJU. Flights will operate three times a week.
https://bradleyairport.com/2021/11/30/e ... an-juan-2/

PVD gets daily to FLL and weekly to CUN. PWM gets weekly to FLL according to the Points Guy.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos