Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RJNUT

Re: Wisconsin Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:42 pm

knope2001 wrote:
RJNUT wrote:
UA Express adds ORD-RHI for summer season

https://starjournalnow.com/2021/03/30/u ... o-chicago/

Good to see -- the twice-daily EAS CRJ's which runs year-round does nothing to adjust for the big summer peak. In recent years Skywest has added an unsubsidized third MSP flight but adding a Chicago trip should do well. Much of the second home owners in that part of Wisconsin come from Chicago, and the drive to northern Wisconsin (5-6 hours) is pretty similar to the drive from Chicago to northwest lower Michigan. Not that RHI = TVC of course but a decent number of people fly to avoid the drive to Traverse City -- in Q3 of 2019 it was about 59/day each way just doing local Chicago-Traverse City. Just a small fraction of that plus connecting traffic should put good loads on the 1x/day ORD-RHI trip in Q3 2021.

I wish next year they would consider a similar service pattern to PLN. it would do well! i worked for Midway Connection in the 90's and we ran nonstops MDW-TVC,PLN,RHI during summer and all did well in B-1900's

knope2001

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Nice to see MKE getting some JetBlue love with BOS and JFK nonstops coming Q2 next year.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/20 ... 318657002/

In fact this is related to the JetBlue / American partnership in Boston and New York. Milwaukee is among the largest markets at both Boston and New York with neither American nor JetBlue flights. Some other gaps like Boston to St Louis and Indianapolis are being added by American so that between the two of them they will serve nearly all of the top 50-ish domestic destinations from both BOS and NYC. Between reciprocal frequent flyer benefits and potential code share, they will have nearly all covered.

Nevertheless it's nice to be getting JetBlue to fill the gap for Boston and New York rather than just an expansion from American. It's another brand in the MKE arsenal, one with more of a "following" and perception of better product than the AA* RJ's would likely bring. And if opportunities present themselves and Milwaukee responds well to JetBlue there's more likelihood of JetBlue adding something like a FLL, LAS or MCO flight than AA would. Obviously getting ahead of things with a statement like that -- let MKE support the BOS and JFK flights first, of course. But a new airline with a good reputation and product is a bigger win for MKE than if it was simply American added Boston and JFK flights.

jplatts

Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:38 pm

knope2001 wrote:
Nevertheless it's nice to be getting JetBlue to fill the gap for Boston and New York rather than just an expansion from American. It's another brand in the MKE arsenal, one with more of a "following" and perception of better product than the AA* RJ's would likely bring. And if opportunities present themselves and Milwaukee responds well to JetBlue there's more likelihood of JetBlue adding something like a FLL, LAS or MCO flight than AA would. Obviously getting ahead of things with a statement like that -- let MKE support the BOS and JFK flights first, of course. But a new airline with a good reputation and product is a bigger win for MKE than if it was simply American added Boston and JFK flights.

B6 or AA adding MKE-LAX nonstop service is also a possibility with
(a) WN no longer serving LAX nonstop from MKE,
(b) LAX no longer having nonstop service from MKE on a non-ULCC (even though NK has recently added MKE-LAX nonstop service),
(c) B6 recently adding nonstop service to LAX from a few other B6 destinations (in addition to the routes that B6 had moved over to LAX from LGB),
(d) AA currently being the only airline serving CLT, DFW, and PHL nonstop from MKE (even though WN currently has plans to resume MKE-DAL nonstop service), and
(e) WN being weaker in the MKE market than it was prior to the COVID-19 pandemic with the loss of WN MKE-BOS/CLE/LAX/LGA nonstop service and the suspension of WN MKE-DAL nonstop service during the pandemic.

AA adding MKE-DCA nonstop service is a possibility with
(a) the lack of competition that is there on the MKE-WAS route with WN currently the only airline serving the WAS market nonstop from MKE, with WN serving DCA and BWI nonstop from MKE,
(b) AA currently serving DCA nonstop from ORD, CVG, CLE, CMH, DAY, DSM, DTW, GRR, IND, MCI, LAN, MSP, and STL in the Midwest,
(c) MKE-WAS being one of the top routes within the contiguous U.S. that doesn't have nonstop competition, and
(d) the connections that AA would be offering to other East Coast destinations through DCA.

UA adding MKE-IAD nonstop service is a possibility for similar reasons, even though IAD isn't slot restricted, there is connectivity onto Star Alliance transatlantic flights at IAD, and UA offers connections at IAD to some smaller Eastern U.S. markets that don't have any nonstop service from DCA or BWI.

There are also some adds that could be made by AS out of MKE to strengthen AA/B6/AS's position in the MKE market such as the return of AS MKE-PDX nonstop service or the addition of MKE-LAX/SFO nonstop service.

rj777

Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:18 pm

I'm starting to wonder...... with Spirit coming to MKE later this year, JetBlue coming next year... Midwest still a possibility...... and who knows if Breeze and Avelo, and if ExpressJet comes back..... will MKE have to expand the concourses?

rj777

Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:04 am

After I looked at MKE's website.... I just answered my own question. With the empty gates currently in both C & D. In addition to NK & B6, and a hypothetical arrival of Midwest, ExpressJet, Breeze, & Avelo, here's where I see all the newbies ending up:

Spirit: C17
ExpressJet: D27
Midwest Express: D28 & D29
Breeze: D30
Avelo: D35
JetBlue: D39 & D41

UWPAviation

Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:02 pm

Absolutely love the JetBlue add. I hate to say it with regard to the last few posts. Midwest Express is not coming back boys....

knope2001

Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:27 pm

UWPAviation wrote:
Absolutely love the JetBlue add. I hate to say it with regard to the last few posts. Midwest Express is not coming back boys....

LOL rj777 may be a little high on optimism with the JetBlue news, though they forgot to carve out space for the possible arrival of Sun Country on the list of hopeful airlines. I would be pretty happy if 12 months from now MKE has Spirit, JetBlue and any one of those others. Midwest Express has not thrown in the towel but odds were steep prior to the COVID chaos and the business travel niche they need has a lot of recovering to do. And while I'd like all those other startups I cant imagine we're near the top of the launch list for all of them.

A few comments regarding gates at MKE in general:

--MKE has several common-use gates which are equipped and designated for such use by anybody, and I would expect smaller and/or newer carriers to go that route. And even the signatory carriers with leased gates use them for overflow. There is some de facto level of assignment and usage -- for example Southwest does not lease C25 but has routinely used it during busy times when they 9-12 aircraft spending the night in MKE but only lease 8 gates and they want to reduce towing. Airlines do cooperate and they tend to stick to the same CUTE gate or cluster of gates, but you'll (for example) see Frontier operating out of any of a few different D gates based on circumstances, not specifically D36 alone.

--If I had to guess JetBlue will operated with American if possible. American has four gates and has in the past regularly used D53 which I believe is common use. If the combined operation can make it work with those 5 gates that seems likely

--The south side of the D stem D27/D28/D29 are ground boarding gates (former Midwest Connect with parking spots for 6 RJ's if I recall correctly) and it's doubtful anybody would want to do ground boarding anymore, even for RJ's. In recognition that there very likely won't be a need for anywhere near that much ground boarding capacity in the future the airport installed a second-level jetway and named the new gate D35, essentially over the top of ground-level gate 28's ramp space. So 35 is a legit gate, but 27/28/29 not someplace any new entrants would like want to go.

--The replacement of the existing E concourse with a new International Arrivals concourse will include a handful of gates which can be used for arrivals and departures, both domestic and international. That gives some room for growth. Common-use gates are helpful and useful but it's easier on everybody if airlines tend to use the same gates routinely. Nobody wants to have to bounce their flights (including ground crews and equipment) among several far-flung gates during the course of a day. The drastic reduction in airport revenue caused by the pandemic has delayed that project but as far as I know it is still planned to move forward.

mke717spotter

Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:38 pm

knope2001 wrote:
The south side of the D stem D27/D28/D29 are ground boarding gates (former Midwest Connect with parking spots for 6 RJ's if I recall correctly) and it's doubtful anybody would want to do ground boarding anymore, even for RJ's. In recognition that there very likely won't be a need for anywhere near that much ground boarding capacity in the future the airport installed a second-level jetway and named the new gate D35, essentially over the top of ground-level gate 28's ramp space. So 35 is a legit gate, but 27/28/29 not someplace any new entrants would like want to go.

Has there been any talk of reconfiguring/doing away with that area? Aside from the Midwest restart I don't know who else would ever use that space. OneJet obviously isn't coming back. There's enough space there to install at least another jet bridge. Of course, prior to the construction of those ground-level boarding gates (which was back in 2006 I think) there used to be jet bridges in that part of the concourse. In the end I don't think that was a worthwhile project because a couple of years after it was finished YX/F9 massively downsized at MKE and those gates have been mostly unused ever since. More recently they disposed of the original Skyway ground-level boarding gates that used to be in the spot where American currently operates out of.

HCLF

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:11 pm

Has there been any talk of reconfiguring/doing away with that area? Aside from the Midwest restart I don't know who else would ever use that space. OneJet obviously isn't coming back. There's enough space there to install at least another jet bridge. Of course, prior to the construction of those ground-level boarding gates (which was back in 2006 I think) there used to be jet bridges in that part of the concourse. In the end I don't think that was a worthwhile project because a couple of years after it was finished YX/F9 massively downsized at MKE and those gates have been mostly unused ever since. More recently they disposed of the original Skyway ground-level boarding gates that used to be in the spot where American currently operates out of.

The south side of D used to contain second-level boarding. These were United/United Express gates at one point. They could fairly easily be reconfigured to second-level if needed.

JBo

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:52 pm

mke717spotter wrote:
More recently they disposed of the original Skyway ground-level boarding gates that used to be in the spot where American currently operates out of.

RIP D-52

knope2001

Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:14 pm

HCLF wrote:

The south side of D used to contain second-level boarding. These were United/United Express gates at one point. They could fairly easily be reconfigured to second-level if needed.

Not really any benefit do "doing away with" the lower boarding doors and holding area space. The south side of the D stem's jetway gate takes up much of the ramp area the lower-level gates D27/28/29 used. There is some ramp space for ground boarding if a new operator was to come in with a small prop operation, say over Lake Michigan to MKG/GRR/TVC sort of flying. But not enough space to reconfigure and add a second jet bridge gate on the south side that can be readily used by full-sized mainline aircraft..

The stem of D is just tight all the way around. The three jet bridge gates now in place are probably all it should have based on the available ramp space and the capacity of the stem to hold serve passengers. Back in the Midwest days they crammed more into the stem, of course, but both ramp and passenger areas -- hall and gate hold areas -- were packed at peak times. Those gates only took specific smaller aircraft and there were quirky rules and sequence limitations in some cases. Consider, too, that the stem mostly served aircraft with 32-99 seats and wingspans of 65-93 feet. The aircraft airlines are operating and (mostly) buying these days are 120-220 seats with 115-120 foot wingspans. And also remember that the stem of D is the only access point for all 15 jetways on the hammerhead, so all those passengers have to pass through the narrow stem past any gate activity.. The original reason the lower level of the D stem was built was to funnel passengers using the hammerhead gates onto lower-level moving walkways and keep that flow away from the upper-level jetway gate hold areas. Opening up the lower level to be ground-boarding gates came much later. So three jetways on the D stem -- which they have now -- is probably the extent of things.

AAlaxfan

Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Hey, in this photo, what is the airline on the far right with the blue tail and white fuselage?
https://imageshack.com/i/9eimg3483sj

masonh2479

Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:24 pm

According to the Appleton airport Facebook page, AA is adding another flight to CLT that departs ATW at 3:30. No start date or arrival time of the second flight was immediately obvious. Good news for all of us that hate flying through ORD.

HCLF

Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:10 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
According to the Appleton airport Facebook page, AA is adding another flight to CLT that departs ATW at 3:30. No start date or arrival time of the second flight was immediately obvious. Good news for all of us that hate flying through ORD.

ATW at it again. If ATW can land DFW next, GRB may be in real trouble.

masonh2479

Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:37 pm

HCLF wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:

ATW at it again. If ATW can land DFW next, GRB may be in real trouble.

The airport was real busy yesterday, I flew out to Atlanta and the terminal was packed! I think the odds of ATW landing DFW by the end of this year are in our favor.

NWAESC

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:50 pm

AAlaxfan wrote:
Hey, in this photo, what is the airline on the far right with the blue tail and white fuselage?

Most likely Chautauqua.

Planeboy17

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 pm

NWAESC wrote:
AAlaxfan wrote:

Most likely Chautauqua.

Yes, it was one of many white with blue tail planes back then. They had quite a mix with different nacelle colors and even one or more with blue bellys.

masonh2479

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:55 pm

masonh2479 wrote:

The flight begins on June 6th. The flight departs CLT at 1:35PM and arrives at ATW at 2:39PM. The outbound departs ATW at 3:35PM and arrives at CLT at 7:00PM. This flight, like the other to CLT, is operated by an E175.

Wneast

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:04 am

In WN earnings call the mentioned adding back capacity back to places like MKE should we just see old flights add back or some new dots the seem to like adding seasonal flights lately MIA maybe ?

jplatts

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:30 am

Wneast wrote:
In WN earnings call the mentioned adding back capacity back to places like MKE should we just see old flights add back or some new dots the seem to like adding seasonal flights lately MIA maybe ?

While NK has recently added MKE-LAX nonstop service, there would probably be enough demand for MKE-LAX nonstop service on a 2nd airline if demand were at pre-pandemic levels as the PDEW of MKE-LAX/BUR/LGB/SNA/ONT was 304 passengers/day in Q3 2019.

If WN were to re-add nonstop service to the San Francisco Bay Area from MKE, I probably would expect WN to add MKE-OAK nonstop service instead of re-adding MKE-SFO nonstop service due to the connections that WN can offer to Hawaii from MKE through OAK. There were also more passengers connecting to OAK from MKE in 2017 through 2019 period than in past years. MKE would also probably be able to support both UA MKE-SFO nonstop service and WN MKE-OAK nonstop service if demand were at pre-pandemic levels as the PDEW of MKE-SFO/OAK/SJC was 230 passengers per day in Q3 2019.

There was also discussion of WN possibly adding redeye flights out of Hawaiian airports to OAK to allow passengers to connect onto morning flights out of OAK to destinations east of the West Coast.

WN adding MKE-AUS nonstop service might also be a possibility with AUS being one of the top destinations without nonstop service from MKE.

mke717spotter

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:15 am

AAlaxfan wrote:

Its a good reminder of how much of a hodge podge the YX/F9 operation under Republic was back then. You had F9 planes flying YX routes and vice versa. Then F9 started started serving YX's famous cookies, but you only got one. There were also several Embraers that Chautauqua & Republic never bothered to repaint into the YX paint scheme.

masonh2479

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 am

jplatts wrote:
Wneast wrote:

WN adding MKE-AUS nonstop service might also be a possibility with AUS being one of the top destinations without nonstop service from MKE.

jplatts, I agree that a MKE-AUS nonstop service would be a possibility. MKE-AUS was flown on Frontier during that period of rapid grown they had in Austin, I believe it was in 2019. Frontier has effectively scaled back all operations in AUS so MKE got axed. I do not think the service being axed means it cannot work with another airline. This is Frontier we are talking about, not an airline like American or Southwest. I was born in and used to live in Austin for quite a bit and the city has grown incredibly fast, I think it's time it got a permanent connection to MKE. If this were to happen, Southwest would be the only airline that would make sense to add it, who known what Frontier is doing anymore.

knope2001

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:44 am

Sun Country expanding to GRB and MKE

Twice-weekly starting in mid December
GRB-PHX
GRB-RSW
MKE-PHX
MKE-RSW

Weekly starting mid December
MKE-CUN

Weekly running late August through late November
MKE-LAS
MKE-MSP

Green Bay has a good shot at being successful -- popular sun markets in winter with no nonstop competition.. At Milwaukee hopefully they find a reason for people to choose them for LAS, RSW and PHX when competitors have multiple nonstops 7 days per week.

illinoisman

Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:14 am

Does Sun Country still run charters from MKE to Laughlin/Bullhead City?

UWPAviation

Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:56 pm

knope2001 wrote:
Sun Country expanding to GRB and MKE

Twice-weekly starting in mid December
GRB-PHX
GRB-RSW
MKE-PHX
MKE-RSW

Weekly starting mid December
MKE-CUN

Weekly running late August through late November
MKE-LAS
MKE-MSP

Green Bay has a good shot at being successful -- popular sun markets in winter with no nonstop competition.. At Milwaukee hopefully they find a reason for people to choose them for LAS, RSW and PHX when competitors have multiple nonstops 7 days per week.

Wow, did not see that one coming. All of these markets, outside of MSP and CUN are already heavily served. They will have heavy competition. MSP route I am very happy with, DL flights to MSP can be pricey. CUN will do fantastic for them. I am curious if they pick up the usual winter/spring charters to the Caribbean then. It would be much nicer flying Sun Country then Miami Air or Norwegian.

HCLF

Fri May 07, 2021 3:57 pm

To accommodate recent additional nonstops, ATW will undergo a major concourse expansion. See https://www.outagamie.org/home/showpubl ... ment/81858

Will add an additional temporary gate and bridge immediately and then 4 permanent gates, along with additions to the concourse building, ramp, baggage claim, check in, and approach roads.

Lpbri

Fri May 07, 2021 5:38 pm

Not yet...

Lpbri

Fri May 07, 2021 5:39 pm

Not yet...

UWPAviation

Thu May 13, 2021 1:16 am

Does anyone know what's going on with runway 25L / 7R at MKE? I just flew-in today and the runway was shutdown with most of it torn up. I never heard anything about this project?

rj777

Thu May 13, 2021 2:24 pm

UWPAviation wrote:
Does anyone know what's going on with runway 25L / 7R at MKE? I just flew-in today and the runway was shutdown with most of it torn up. I never heard anything about this project?

That should sure make the spotters happy

commpilot

Thu May 13, 2021 7:59 pm

UWPAviation wrote:

Much needed runway repairs. The runway will be closed until September at the earliest.

GSPSPOT

Thu May 13, 2021 10:48 pm

I love it, as more planes fly over my house when the N-S runway is in use (esp. when wind is out of the south).

jplatts

Sat May 15, 2021 7:50 pm

UA is going to be starting MKE-IAD nonstop service on July 1st (per current UA flight schedules), and this was discussed in the United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1459349&start=850#p22789057.

knope2001

Sat May 15, 2021 11:50 pm

jplatts wrote:
UA is going to be starting MKE-IAD nonstop service on July 1st (per current UA flight schedules), and this was discussed in the United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1459349&start=850#p22789057.

Such a long time coming for Air Wisconsin to add this. In addition to the revenue traffic potential this connects Air Wisconsin's maintenance, pilot and flight attendant bases in MKE to their Dulles hub. Milwaukee's most substantial period of nonstop Dulles flights was about 20 years ago and the two counties IAD straddles have added about a million new residents since then. With fewer nonstops into DCA than Milwaukee has traditionally enjoyed maybe MKE-IAD can finally take root. This flight has attractive times -- eastbound 6:55am arrives, 9:50am, the return at 5:40pm arriving 6:50pm. United offers a good set of connection destinations over IAD as well.

Dulles markets the 10th new nonstop destination for Milwaukee starting over a period of less than 3 months, and that's not even including the resumption of COVID-suspensions like Salt Lake and Dallas Love happening in the period. I'm not going to hold my breath they will all be long-term durable, but nevertheless it's good to see MKE getting some love as airlines are trying all sorts of new things these days.

OzarkD9S

Sun May 16, 2021 5:50 pm

So I got back from a 3 day trip to MKE and noticed no activity on the conversion of E into an international arrivals facility. Anyone know the status of the project?

masonh2479

Thu May 20, 2021 2:31 am

OzarkD9S wrote:
So I got back from a 3 day trip to MKE and noticed no activity on the conversion of E into an international arrivals facility. Anyone know the status of the project?

Put on hold because of everything that happened in 2020, it might get on track this year but everything international is still limited (who knows when Canada will open up).

MSNflyer

Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Couple recent articles in Madison newspapers about developments at MSN.

Wisconsin State Journal: Dane County Regional Airport's $85M expansion to pave way for more flights, passengers

The expansion would replace the three south gates that are primarily used by regional jets with six gates capable of handling larger planes. New terminal amenities included in the expansion would include a play area, nursing suite, new restaurant and pet relief area and will take two years to build.

Capital Times: Nonstop routes slow to return to Madison airport

Not a whole lot of new news in this one -- and reading the MSN airport director describe the airport as "a small hub" made my head hurt a little bit -- but the numbers are striking. Madison had 24 non-stop destinations in 2019, but after the COVID pandemic is down to 11: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Minneapolis, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Seattle.

Non-stop service from MSN to the following cities was suspended and has not yet returned: Ft. Myers (Sun Country), Las Vegas (Frontier, Sun Country), Los Angeles (United), New York (Delta-LGA, United-EWR), San Francisco (United), Washington D.C. (Delta-DCA, United-IAD (new service to IAD never started before pandemic)).

I look forward to the return of some (hopefully all) of these non-stop flights someday.

mke717spotter

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:59 pm

jplatts wrote:
While NK has recently added MKE-LAX nonstop service, there would probably be enough demand for MKE-LAX nonstop service on a 2nd airline if demand were at pre-pandemic levels as the PDEW of MKE-LAX/BUR/LGB/SNA/ONT was 304 passengers/day in Q3 2019.

Its not much but I noticed WN is adding MKE-LAX for a few days around Thanksgiving.

seanpmassey

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:51 am

HCLF wrote:
To accommodate recent additional nonstops, ATW will undergo a major concourse expansion. See https://www.outagamie.org/home/showpubl ... ment/81858

Will add an additional temporary gate and bridge immediately and then 4 permanent gates, along with additions to the concourse building, ramp, baggage claim, check in, and approach roads.

This is going to be a major project. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of room to expand the concourse or the ramp.

jplatts

Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:20 am

According to https://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2 ... fault.aspx, AA will be increasing MKE-MIA nonstop service to daily nonstop service starting on 11/2/2021 through 4/4/2022.

In addition to the increase of AA MKE-MIA to daily nonstop service, there are a few more nonstop routes that could be added out of MKE on AA such as MKE-LAX/LGA/DCA.

UWPAviation

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:25 pm

jplatts wrote:
According to https://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2 ... fault.aspx, AA will be increasing MKE-MIA nonstop service to daily nonstop service starting on 11/2/2021 through 4/4/2022.

In addition to the increase of AA MKE-MIA to daily nonstop service, there are a few more nonstop routes that could be added out of MKE on AA such as MKE-LAX/LGA/DCA.

Absolutely fantastic. MIA being daily is a no brainer. I would love AA to LGA and LAX. With WN not showing any interest in starting those up again, I know WN is bringing back LAX but it's only for thanksgiving, would be a welcome. Especially for business travelers. DL's LGA flights can be expensive at times.

jplatts

Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:11 pm

UWPAviation wrote:
I would love AA to LGA and LAX. With WN not showing any interest in starting those up again, I know WN is bringing back LAX but it's only for thanksgiving, would be a welcome. Especially for business travelers. DL's LGA flights can be expensive at times.

I agree that AA adding MKE-LGA nonstop service is a possibility, even with B6's plans to add service to MKE, as there are some other markets such as ATL, CHS, DTW, EYW, MSP, BNA, PWM, RDU, SAV, and PBI that already have AA nonstop service to LGA and B6 nonstop service to JFK.

AA has also announced plans to resume MCI-LGA nonstop service, even with B6 having already announced plans to add service to MCI.

In addition to AA LGA-ORD/DTW/MSP nonstop service and AA's plans to resume LGA-MCI nonstop service, AA also already serves LGA nonstop from CVG, CLE, CMH, DAY, STL, and TVC in the Midwest and AA is planning on serving LGA nonstop from OMA in the Midwest in November 2021.

I also agree that AA adding MKE-LAX nonstop service is a possibility as LAX currently lacks nonstop service from MKE on a non-ULCC (even though NK recently started MKE-LAX nonstop service). AA also still serves LAX nonstop from ORD, IND, OMA, and STL in the Midwest.

jplatts

Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:22 am

Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of MKE in April 2021:
ATL-MKE - 6498 passengers, 9075 seats, 71.60% load factor
BNA-MKE - 13842 passengers, 16818 seats, 82.30% load factor
BWI-MKE - 11543 passengers, 17213 seats, 67.06% load factor
DCA-MKE - 4767 passengers, 8612 seats, 55.35% load factor
DEN-MKE - 20296 passengers, 25073 seats, 80.95% load factor
FLL-MKE - 6662 passengers, 9950 seats, 66.95% load factor
HOU-MKE - 7537 passengers, 10253 seats, 73.51% load factor
LAS-MKE - 15884 passengers, 18679 seats, 85.04% load factor
MCO-MKE - 22820 passengers, 28800 seats, 79.24% load factor
MKE-PHX - 21869 passengers, 26898 seats, 81.30% load factor
MKE-RSW - 19685 passengers, 24715 seats, 79.65% load factor
MKE-SRQ - 319 passengers, 572 seats, 55.77% load factor
MKE-STL - 9441 passengers, 12545 seats, 75.26% load factor
MKE-TPA - 15101 passengers, 19027 seats, 79.37% load factor

HCLF

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Appleton now to offer non-stop service to Dallas on AA. Start date TBD. https://fox11online.com/news/local/with ... -to-dallas

tys777

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:48 pm

HCLF wrote:
Appleton now to offer non-stop service to Dallas on AA. Start date TBD. https://fox11online.com/news/local/with ... -to-dallas

It's not a guarantee that it'll start. There have been plenty of SCASD grants that go unused over the years.

HCLF

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:07 pm

That's definitely true -- GRB was awarded a SCASD grant for service to "Denver or Dallas" about 10 years ago that went unused. I think there's a pretty good chance that ATW/DFW will be announced soon though.

tys777

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:26 pm

HCLF wrote:
That's definitely true -- GRB was awarded a SCASD grant for service to "Denver or Dallas" about 10 years ago that went unused. I think there's a pretty good chance that ATW/DFW will be announced soon though.

Agreed, I do think there is a good chance for it to start. I think the appetite is ripe for airlines to chase guaranteed money.

It'll be good for this region of it does. Would pair nicely with the DLH-DEN service to give the northern half of the state some good western service.

masonh2479

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:06 pm

Saw on the ATW Facebook page that Allegiant is making us a crew base in 2022. It seems like time for ATW to add new gates!

masonh2479

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:40 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
Saw on the ATW Facebook page that Allegiant is making us a crew base in 2022. It seems like time for ATW to add new gates!

https://www.wbay.com/2021/08/10/allegiant-set-up-base-operations-appleton-international-airport/ 2 A320s and 66 jobs. A 50 million dollar investment starting on March 2,2022.

UWPAviation

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:16 pm

masonh2479 wrote:
masonh2479 wrote:

https://www.wbay.com/2021/08/10/allegiant-set-up-base-operations-appleton-international-airport/ 2 A320s and 66 jobs. A 50 million dollar investment starting on March 2,2022.

Wow that's huge! Good job ATW! Let's hope Allegiant keeps it open for a long time. I wonder what the response from other carriers will be?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos