Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Delta28L

Re: PIT Update Discussion Thread - 2021

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:11 am

Ethiopian Airlines brought a 777F in from LGG this morning and it’s departing back to LGG later on

flyPIT

Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:40 am

A couple more Ethiopian B777s over the past few days, originating in Hanoi via ANC.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ETH ... /PANC/KPIT

flyPIT

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:01 am

DL's PIT-ATL is now all B757.

NK's PIT-LAX is now finally back to daily. CUN however dropped back to 1x weekly.

pgh234

Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:30 am

flyPIT wrote:

NK's PIT-LAX is now finally back to daily. CUN however dropped back to 1x weekly.

The 757s are just a placeholder schedule.

flyPIT

Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:37 am

pgh234 wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

Today’s schedule is a placeholder schedule?

That doesn’t even make sense. 757s are also showing on the ATC flight trackers.

jsposaune

Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:57 pm

flyPIT wrote:
pgh234 wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

I can confirm they’re using 752’s on the ATL trips so far today, at least. I don’t think it’s a placeholder.

Delta28L

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:17 pm

flyPIT wrote:

Kinda wished I flew back from Atlanta today instead of yesterday to get the chance to fly on a 757

pgh234

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:58 pm

flyPIT wrote:
pgh234 wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

Well I stand corrected. All of my Nov and Dec trips were changed to 757s in July and reverted back to "normal" aircraft two weeks ago. I just assumed that same logic applied to September (!?) of all times. Why the heck do we all-of-a-sudden have more 757s on this route than EVER before during a period of near record low demand...to Pittsburgh...in September?

Flaps

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:02 pm

pgh234 wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
pgh234 wrote:

Well I stand corrected. All of my Nov and Dec trips were changed to 757s in July and reverted back to "normal" aircraft two weeks ago. I just assumed that same logic applied to September (!?) of all times. Why the heck do we all-of-a-sudden have more 757s on this route than EVER before during a period of near record low demand...to Pittsburgh...in September?

PIT-ATL has been mostly 739/321 with an occasional 738 all summer. Total seats per flight haven't varied that much. The 75's don't really change that equation.

CaptainMidnight

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:56 pm

I was on PIT-ATL last week on Tuesday and Friday and both flights were completely full. Both 321's. Yeah, wish it would've been the 757..been awhile since I've been on one of those birds.

jplatts

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:58 pm

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of PIT in June 2021:
ATL-PIT - 7622 passengers, 8998 seats, 84.71% load factor
BNA-PIT - 17637 passengers, 19336 seats, 91.21% load factor
BWI-PIT - 15695 passengers, 18442 seats, 85.10% load factor
DAL-PIT - 1152 passengers, 1287 seats, 89.51% load factor
DEN-PIT - 14816 passengers, 16506 seats, 89.76% load factor
FLL-PIT - 9478 passengers, 12246 seats, 77.40% load factor
HOU-PIT - 1100 passengers, 1144 seats, 96.15% load factor
LAS-PIT - 15408 passengers, 16974 seats, 90.77% load factor
MCO-PIT - 27138 passengers, 31935 seats, 84.98% load factor
MDW-PIT - 21904 passengers, 25049 seats, 87.44% load factor
MYR-PIT - 3775 passengers, 5308 seats, 71.12% load factor
PHX-PIT - 9315 passengers, 9619 seats, 96.84% load factor
PIT-RSW - 10838 passengers, 12686 seats, 85.43% load factor
PIT-SRQ - 6637 passengers, 8678 seats, 76.48% load factor
PIT-STL - 6403 passengers, 6981 seats, 91.72% load factor
PIT-TPA - 14601 passengers, 16276 seats, 89.71% load factor

flyPIT

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Those WN LFs are pretty solid.... yet It's amazing (although not surprising anymore) how little confidence airlines continue to have in our weakened market compared to similar cities. For example PIT-HOU had over 96% load factor... but will remain 1x weekly until Jan then dropped altogether.

The 1x weekly PIT-DAL flight gets dropped early next month. Neither HOU or DAL are scheduled to return in the current booking window which was just extended.

CMH-AUS was initially announced with the same crappy schedule PIT-AUS has, yet with the latest schedule extension CMH will gain daily service. Not here; it's just another example of how over-hyped the tech industry is in Pittsburgh when it comes to air service. It amounts to next to nothing in the overall picture. PIT-SFO, which was to resume any day now as of just a few weeks ago? Gone until Feb, and I'm sure that's just a placeholder at that point.

MohawkWeekend

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:01 pm

I wonder what the RASM out of PIT is? If the airlines were printing money on these flights, they would be adding service. That pretty much goes for any city.

flyPIT

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:31 pm

Looks like Qatar Airways Cargo re-launched DOH-PIT, in addition to their 2x weekly SIN-NGO-PIT. This is the second nonstop DOH-PIT in as many weeks:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QTR8874
Not sure if it's related to Unique Logistics.

Should be a Hawaiian Airlines A332 (NFL charter) on the ground as well. Best looking livery in the US.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HAL ... /KLAS/KPIT

CaptainMidnight

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:02 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Those WN LFs are pretty solid.... yet It's amazing (although not surprising anymore) how little confidence airlines continue to have in our weakened market compared to similar cities. For example PIT-HOU had over 96% load factor... but will remain 1x weekly until Jan then dropped altogether.

The 1x weekly PIT-DAL flight gets dropped early next month. Neither HOU or DAL are scheduled to return in the current booking window which was just extended.

CMH-AUS was initially announced with the same crappy schedule PIT-AUS has, yet with the latest schedule extension CMH will gain daily service. Not here; it's just another example of how over-hyped the tech industry is in Pittsburgh when it comes to air service. It amounts to next to nothing in the overall picture. PIT-SFO, which was to resume any day now as of just a few weeks ago? Gone until Feb, and I'm sure that's just a placeholder at that point.

Yeah its like they think if they add another flight the LF will be cannibalized and it must only be 96% because of the 1x weekly.

flyPIT

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:32 pm

CaptainMidnight wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

Yeah its like they think if they add another flight the LF will be cannibalized and it must only be 96% because of the 1x weekly.

Ok but why drop it though? Only F9 drops routes from PIT with 96% LFs lol. I know both DAL and HOU are primarily business routes as far as O&D and that sector remains depressed but there are plenty of connecting opportunities at each. WN has stated they will be filling in most of their cut routes in the next year… but they drop two key routes here while adding in similar markets. They have shown they are willing to commit to growing in markets, such as operating empty airplanes between HNL-ITO 4 times a day with junk fares. They’ve never displayed such commitment here. It’s a shame, PIT-HOU was 2x daily at one point. Only thing I can think of is lack of potential in this market in their eyes, so assets are allocated elsewhere.

jplatts

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:45 pm

flyPIT wrote:
Ok but why drop it though? Only F9 drops routes from PIT with 96% LFs lol. I know both DAL and HOU are primarily business routes as far as O&D and that sector remains depressed but there are plenty of connecting opportunities at each. WN has stated they will be filling in most of their cut routes in the next year… but they drop two key routes here while adding in similar markets. They have shown they are willing to commit to growing in markets, such as operating empty airplanes between HNL-ITO 4 times a day with junk fares. They’ve never displayed such commitment here. It’s a shame, PIT-HOU was 2x daily at one point. Only thing I can think of is lack of potential in this market in their eyes, so assets are allocated elsewhere.

There is a big difference between interisland Hawaiian routes such as HNL-ITO and routes within the contiguous U.S. such as PIT-DAL/HOU as WN cannot connect interisland Hawaiian travelers through its contiguous U.S. hubs whereas PIT still has 1-stop connecting options on WN to DAL, HOU, and some other domestic destinations west of the Mississippi River through ATL, MDW, BNA, and/or STL.

Another big difference is that Hawaii is more than 2,000 miles from the contiguous U.S., whereas most of the WN domestic stations in the contiguous U.S. are within 400 miles of a WN hub.

In addition to O&D and connections to/from contiguous U.S. destinations with WN nonstop service to HNL, WN also offers connections to LIH from OGG, KOA, and ITO through HNL (and vice versa). However, there are fewer connecting opportunities on WN nonstop flights to/from HNL than on most of the WN nonstop flights to/from its contiguous U.S. hubs.

While F9 had over 90% load factors on CVG-MSP/LAX/SAN in June 2019 and while F9 was originally planning on operating these routes in Summer 2020, I can understand F9 having permanently cut CVG-MSP/LAX/SAN nonstop service (despite high pre-pandemic load factors on these routes in June 2019) due to the COVID-19 pandemic. F9 also had weaker load factors on CVG-ATL/DFW/LAS/MCO/RSW/TPA nonstop service in June 2021 than it did in June 2019.

masseybrown

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:37 pm

jplatts wrote:
... whereas PIT still has 1-stop connecting options on WN to DAL, HOU, and some other domestic destinations west of the Mississippi River through ATL, MDW, BNA, and/or STL.

Which is why I don't mind the govt. deciding the B6-AA deal is in restraint of trade. There is no reason why fliers in a major city like PIT should have to change planes to get to another major city while paying non-stop prices. If an airline wants to turn a convenient 3-hour flight into a 5-hour trip with th risk of a broken connection, the passengers deserve a price cut for their trouble. Just my opinion, of course. ;)

flyPIT

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:30 pm

jplatts wrote:
There is a big difference between interisland Hawaiian routes such as HNL-ITO and routes within the contiguous U.S. such as PIT-DAL/HOU as WN cannot connect interisland Hawaiian travelers through its contiguous U.S. hubs whereas PIT still has 1-stop connecting options on WN to DAL, HOU, and some other domestic destinations west of the Mississippi River through ATL, MDW, BNA, and/or STL.

That does not explain why WN feels the need to serve Hilo at all. WN has been in business for 50 years very profitability without serving Hilo. AA, UA, DL etc don’t feel the need to serve HNL-ITO.

WN has made the strategic decision that they want to become the preferred airline for Hawaii and Hawaiians so they are willing to take on significant losses on a route such as HNL-ITO in order to help achieve that goal in the long term, and that’s fine. My greater point is WN never displayed that sort of commitment to become the preferred airline in Pittsburgh and dropping DAL and HOU is the latest example.

flyPIT

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 am

Aug stats are out. Passengers are up 149% and cargo up a very impressive 54%.
https://flypittsburgh.com/wp-content/up ... Report.pdf

flyPIT

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:35 pm

The Port Authority released their 25 year plan which is to include 18 major projects over 3 phases. Unfortunately the transit link to the airport (presumably an extension of the West Busway along I-376) will be in one of the later phases.
https://www.post-gazette.com/news/trans ... 2109240090

On the economic development front, finally some potential great news. Nucor Steel (Charlotte, NC) is considering the region for a $2.7 billion state-of-the-art sheet mill steel plant. Other regions under consideration include WV and OH, and I imagine many of the potential sites in those two states could be in PIT's catchment area.
https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/ ... nt-pr.html

"Nucor also obliquely referenced a competitor with major steelmaking operations in the Pittsburgh region when it said it would have "a significantly lower carbon footprint than nearby competitors." United States Steel Corp. (NYSE: X) produces steel at the Mon Valley Works plants in the Mon Valley.

However, Pittsburgh's growing stature in advanced manufacturing and robotics, as well as its academic and computing firepower at Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh and elsewhere, could also draw Nucor's attention.
"

If the State can get its act together and not dick around with regulatory approvals like they did to USS, in addition to a good incentive package, I think we have a good shot at this. Sounds like it could be the biggest economic win since the Shell cracker.

MohawkWeekend

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:41 pm

Strange - USS is moving all it's investments south and NUCOR is looking to build in the north. Grew up in a steel family and finished up in with a supplier so this is close to home.
Something to remember - NUCOR is non-Union. Building anywhere near PIT, CLE or WV is probably a stretch. Steel Dynamics another large non-USW Electric ARC steel company already has a large plant in far western Ohio. Cleveland Cliffs is building a direct reduction iron plant in Toledo to supply material to that plant (and others) which allows arc furnaces to produce steel equal in quality to a blast furnace.
But anything can happen if enough incentives are offered. That being said a NUCOR PIT area plant would put a lot of economic pressure on the USS Mon Valley works esp. now that USS is not investing in its modernization.

flyPIT

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:55 pm

The ACAA had this very nice 3D model of the TMP on display at AGC's 90th B-Day celebration yesterday. Too bad it was not colored.

A couple things stood out.

- The size and scale of the building is quite large. If the Pittsburgh region ever does get in serious growth mode this building should be able to handle it. Plus it looks like it can be doubled in size by extending to the north and south if need be. I've never been there but I look at images of MSY's new terminal and I don't see how they can expand the landside portion of that building with their design. Already reading reports of crowding there. Should not be a problem here.
- My biggest gripe remains the north and south facade not being fully glass.
- I still think this is only phase one, with plans emerging in years ahead to replace the airside concourses.

Switching gears, with Allegiant's surprise pull out from CLE I wonder if that could mean more service from PIT? I'm thinking people using G4 who live between PIT and CLE could switch to G4 at PIT exclusively. They will have a handful of extra planes now. OTOH G4 cited high costs at CLE as they are beginning to look at a new terminal... so kind of has me worried if they feel the same about PIT. But then again unlike PIT, CLE has a lot of debt already as of now... plus IIRC they quote the price of a new terminal as $2 billion. Quite a bit more than PIT's TMP.

Happy 90th Birthday to AGC!

Flaps

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:16 am

That model kind of threw me at first as it only shows half of the terminal. Took a few views to get it oriented properly in my head.

USAir707

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:27 pm

I hate everything about this remodel and waste of money. PIT will (hopefully) under the right leadership in Harrisburg one day rebound and then what?

pgh234

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:27 pm

USAir707 wrote:
I hate everything about this remodel and waste of money. PIT will (hopefully) under the right leadership in Harrisburg one day rebound and then what?

Then in 25 years you spend another few billion dollars on a major expansion to replace the removed gates and rebuilding that runway they are taking out. Politicians and tax payers have a short memory.

flyPIT

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:11 pm

The capacity of the new terminal will be 18 million. At its hub peak PIT only served 20..6 million. If need be they could add the ends of A and B back on and extend C and D a bit as well to increase capacity several million more passengers. If PIT actually gets to that point then both the city and airport would be doing great financially and further airport expansion should not be a problem funding wise.

Here is a very good article about the potential economic benefits of the Southern Beltway on the airport area. The next segment opens next month.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/trans ... 2109220144[twoid][threeid][photoid][/photoid][/threeid][/twoid]

State Sen. Camera Bartolotta, R- Monessen, said the highway has been “desperately needed” since the 1960s and hopes it’s not too late to create the maximum benefit. She also questioned whether state regulations will limit growth.

“We need to be much more business-friendly than we’ve been in a long, long time,” she said.

Where have we heard that before?

Flaps wrote:
That model kind of threw me at first as it only shows half of the terminal. Took a few views to get it oriented properly in my head.

You seem to have some inside knowledge of the int’l cargo flights. I’m curious if the outbound flights are still going out empty? QR’s new DOH-PIT flight seems to be going outbound to Lyon consistently, and CX to Milan. What a drag on future potential if these are still empty repo flights. At LCK I believe their flights have good outbound demand.

flyPIT

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:08 am

"Maleth Aero", also of Malta, an ACMI A332 from Hanoi via ICN and ANC:.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/MLT ... /PANC/KPIT

https://www.maleth-aero.com/

For SpiceXpress or Unique Logistics? The ACAA has been tight lipped on SpiceXpress, Ethiopian Airlines flights, and the 3rd QR flight nonstop from DOH. That's a good thing.

krod031

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:31 am

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/plane-ev ... ire-report

Delta flight from BOS-PIT was evacuated in BOS after a small fire starts in a passengers carry-on bag. Unknown what caused the fire (im guessing a battery?)

flightsimer

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:23 am

krod031 wrote:
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/plane-evacuated-passengers-carry-on-causes-small-fire-report

Delta flight from BOS-PIT was evacuated in BOS after a small fire starts in a passengers carry-on bag. Unknown what caused the fire (im guessing a battery?)

Yup, passenger’s Lithium Ion Battery exploded in their bag.

PITfall

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:04 pm

PIT is teasing an announcement this week via their Twitter.

https://twitter.com/PITairport/status/1 ... AUMdw&s=19

Jshank83

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:20 pm

PITfall wrote:
PIT is teasing an announcement this week via their Twitter.

https://twitter.com/PITairport/status/1 ... AUMdw&s=19

New hanger?

Delta28L

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Looks they are going to do something with the terminal modernization. Maybe driving in the first beam of the new building?

flyPIT

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:50 am

It's an "open" house (but for airport employees only :sarcastic: ) for the TMP ground breaking. I'm not sure what is worse, this or announcing yet another 5k run down one of the airport's quiet runways or Cassotis announcing the return of British Airways for the 8th time (sarcasm) this year, which will mot happen either. .

DaveMetroD

Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:07 am

They're publicly promoting an event not open to the public?
I would think the public relations staff would realize promoting a private event to the public might not be the right thing to do.
Just issue the press release and some pictures after the event is over.

Flaps

Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:25 am

DaveMetroD wrote:
They're publicly promoting an event not open to the public?
I would think the public relations staff would realize promoting a private event to the public might not be the right thing to do.
Just issue the press release and some pictures after the event is over.

Well you have to consider the source. These arent brilliant people.

DaveMetroD

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:06 pm

On the bright side, from what I have seen of the modernization plan, I think it will serve PIT well for the future.
Not sure about that PR staff.

AaronPGH

Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:39 pm

The PR team's #1 job is to create press, which they seem to be doing quite well actually. Love it or hate it, this is what they're supposed to do.

flyPIT

Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:15 pm

A few bits of info on the TMP and Airside building, of which little has been said so far. $90 million will be spent, above and beyond the $1.4 billion:

"Another $90 million will be spent beyond the $1.4 billion to make improvements to the airside building. The work includes renovations to gates and upgrades to HVAC systems, flooring, jetways, lighting and flight display screens, raising the total price to $1.45 billion........

.......90,000 square feet of outdoor terraces, including some post-security in the airside building."

Also this:
"So far, eight airlines have signed the new seven-year lease negotiated to pay for the modernization. They include the airport’s top two carriers — Southwest and American — along with Delta, United, Spirit, Alaska, and JetBlue."
https://www.post-gazette.com/business/d ... 2110140188

Who is the 8th? It would be a bit ominous if G4 has not signed the lease. As stated last week I wonder if they have concerns about the CPE creeping up. They are one of PIT's largest carriers and cost is why they are pulling out of CLE.

Looks like the current garage will be kept:
https://flypittsburgh.com/wp-content/up ... ed_Ad_.pdf

Delta28L

Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:18 pm

Maybe Latrobe should make a run at Allegiant for their base of operations for the area.

jplatts

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of PIT in July 2021:
ATL-PIT - 8173 passengers, 9459 seats, 86.40% load factor
BNA-PIT - 18796 passengers, 20403 seats, 92.12% load factor
BWI-PIT - 16624 passengers, 19635 seats, 84.67% load factor
DAL-PIT - 1108 passengers, 1144 seats, 96.85% load factor
DEN-PIT - 15654 passengers, 16794 seats, 93.21% load factor
FLL-PIT - 10859 passengers, 13774 seats, 78.84% load factor
HOU-PIT - 1069 passengers, 1144 seats, 93.44% load factor
LAS-PIT - 9024 passengers, 9474 seats, 95.25% load factor
MCO-PIT - 30043 passengers, 33826 seats, 88.82% load factor
MDW-PIT - 26371 passengers, 29328 seats, 89.92% load factor
MYR-PIT - 5008 passengers, 6738 seats, 74.32% load factor
PHX-PIT - 9120 passengers, 9380 seats, 97.23% load factor
PIT-RSW - 11244 passengers, 12573 seats, 89.43% load factor
PIT-SRQ - 6951 passengers, 9028 seats, 76.99% load factor
PIT-STL - 7677 passengers, 8221 seats, 93.38% load factor
PIT-TPA - 14433 passengers, 16069 seats, 89.82% load factor

flyPIT

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm

I still cannot believe both DAL and HOU will be completely discontinued from PIT with those loads.

Here comes an ATI B763 from BWI, presumably on behalf of Amazon?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ATN ... /KBWI/KPIT

jplatts

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 pm

flyPIT wrote:
I still cannot believe both DAL and HOU will be completely discontinued from PIT with those loads.

WN is currently operating PIT-DAL nonstop service on Sundays through Fridays and PIT-HOU nonstop service on Sundays.

WN also has daily PIT-DAL nonstop service back in the schedule starting on 3/12/2022 through the end of its current schedule (which currently goes through 4/24/2022).

flyPIT

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:33 pm

jplatts wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

WN is currently operating PIT-DAL nonstop service on Sundays through Fridays and PIT-HOU nonstop service on Sundays.

WN also has daily PIT-DAL nonstop service back in the schedule starting on 3/12/2022 through the end of its current schedule (which currently goes through 4/24/2022).

Happy to be wrong about that one! They were both gone from the schedule a couple weeks ago.

Midwestindy

Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:34 pm

PIT-SEA going 2x daily next summer

PITfall

Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:17 pm

I was reading an article in the PG about hotel occupancy trends and saw this quote. I have written off all hope for a 2022 return, but thought I would share.

“International travel is definitely on the rise for Pittsburgh,” Mr. Bachar said about pre-pandemic numbers. “One of the main drivers of that was, of course, the British Airways direct flight that we had from London. We’re expecting that route to come back in 2022.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/city ... 2110130128

krod031

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:07 am

Per Ishiron on Twitter, Sun Country adding PIT-MSP. Starting 6/2/2022!

flyPIT

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:10 pm

I was just thinking about Sun Country and PIT yesterday. Seasonal 2x weekly service might not sound like much… but with this addition plus Breeze PIT will be served by every significant US passenger carrier other than Hawaiian (one can hope).

As I stated a few months ago Sun Country already serves PIT with casino charters, sports charters, and 2x daily for Amazon. Great to see them finally add scheduled flights to round out their local operation. With such a limited schedule they leave plenty of room for future growth, as they are now doing elsewhere such as at CVG and IND.

USAir707

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:51 am

flyPIT wrote:
I was just thinking about Sun Country and PIT yesterday. Seasonal 2x weekly service might not sound like much… but with this addition plus Breeze PIT will be served by every significant US passenger carrier other than Hawaiian (one can hope).

As I stated a few months ago Sun Country already serves PIT with casino charters, sports charters, and 2x daily for Amazon. Great to see them finally add scheduled flights to round out their local operation. With such a limited schedule they leave plenty of room for future growth, as they are now doing elsewhere such as at CVG and IND.

Let's hope their marketing is better than Breeze.... lol. I saw a bill board on the parkway a while ago and there was so much going on with it, you would have no idea it was for an airline. Then real tiny it said "breeze". How can you read 50+ words on a billboard when you are driving 70-80mph on the parkway?? lol

Friarboy

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Hadn't seen much if anything in this thread about the Contour flights to IND and MKE- Coincidentally I have to go to Indianapolis next month and the early departure/late return works perfectly. Keeps me from having to decide between the 6 hour drive and probably 5 hours spent in transit and connecting.

Disappointed that the PIT-HOU direct flight on WN is going away. Scheduling my first trip since the start of COVIS and my corporate travel didn't even come up with a WN connection when I looked yesterday, although I see them on the WN website so could be corporate rules have changed. I'd much rather use HOU than IAH, so guess I either need to use AA through DFW or suck it up and take the longer Uber ride into the city.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos