Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Prost

Re: Washington State Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:10 pm

Here is a Port of Seattle video of the facility.
https://youtu.be/A56eEljgwzQ

wedgetail737

Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:29 pm

It appears the upcoming local airline, Dash Air Shuttle, is one step closer to starting:

https://www.facebook.com/FlyDashAir

They received their first three 402's.

czbb

Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:49 pm

Western727 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
I’m not sure but I’m hearing rumors from a reliable source that BLI to Hawaii is happening with them wanting to step in and fill the void left by Alaska whenever they start I think in the June 10th extension we might see it added

I think WN is keeping on eye on when Canada will open up the borders for non-essential travel. Belllingham, and the surrounding area, really could not support WN by itself.

I still BLI will be a flop for them...but maybe not.

I have my doubts about BLI as well. Having grown up in SEA, the airport has naturally been a source of fascination for me. Attracting Canadian passengers tends to, naturally, be heavily influenced by exchange rates which currently favor Canadians. But if/when it doesn't favor them anymore...

As for the border, I wonder if it's going to become the other way around: will the US want to open the border to nonessential travel? Only 5.5% of Canadians have been fully vaccinated (https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations). My in-laws, who live in YVR, got their first shot 2 months ago and are finally getting their 2nd shots in two weeks, only because they're senior citizens. The US, on the other hand, has 40% of its population fully vaccinated, trailing only 3 countries: Israel (59%), Bahrain (46%) and Chile (42%).

Your take on BLI doesn't really reflect what the issues are. Firstly the CAD v USD is at the highest point it's been for the past 5 yrs; and while exchange rate is a driving factor, it's not the largest (by a big margin). Canadians use BLI as a gateway to US destinations, because the US impose of a lot of 'crossing the border by air' taxes (around $45), that simply don't exist driving across the border. That gives BLI a huge advantage over YVR(and YXX) so price sensitive destinations (LAS/PHX/etc).Not to mention that for a lot of people, BLI is actually closer to home than YVR (for me, door to door, it's about 10 mins difference)

As for the border re-opening, I would expect it will mostly open in late July (existing closer is until July 21 IIRC), with announcements on procedures as early as tomorrow.

Lastly, for vaccination rates, Canada leads by 14points, the USA's in percentage who have had one dose (68.6% v 54.5%), and is quickly catching up in the fully category (34.2% v 46.9%); I expect Canada 'fully vaccinated' rates to pass US rates in the next 6 weeks; given the current rate of change. Canada's strategy was just different to the United States, concentrating on getting 1st shots in arms to as many as possible, given a constricted supply of vaccine due to countries confiscating contracted sales to Canada for their own domestic consumption.

wedgetail737

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:27 pm

Prost wrote:
Here is a Port of Seattle video of the facility.
https://youtu.be/A56eEljgwzQ

That'll look really nice when construction is all done. At least the FIS won't look like going through a dungeon at a lot of the US airports.

wedgetail737

Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:28 pm

czbb wrote:
Western727 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I think WN is keeping on eye on when Canada will open up the borders for non-essential travel. Belllingham, and the surrounding area, really could not support WN by itself.

I have my doubts about BLI as well. Having grown up in SEA, the airport has naturally been a source of fascination for me. Attracting Canadian passengers tends to, naturally, be heavily influenced by exchange rates which currently favor Canadians. But if/when it doesn't favor them anymore...

As for the border, I wonder if it's going to become the other way around: will the US want to open the border to nonessential travel? Only 5.5% of Canadians have been fully vaccinated (https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations). My in-laws, who live in YVR, got their first shot 2 months ago and are finally getting their 2nd shots in two weeks, only because they're senior citizens. The US, on the other hand, has 40% of its population fully vaccinated, trailing only 3 countries: Israel (59%), Bahrain (46%) and Chile (42%).

Your take on BLI doesn't really reflect what the issues are. Firstly the CAD v USD is at the highest point it's been for the past 5 yrs; and while exchange rate is a driving factor, it's not the largest (by a big margin). Canadians use BLI as a gateway to US destinations, because the US impose of a lot of 'crossing the border by air' taxes (around $45), that simply don't exist driving across the border. That gives BLI a huge advantage over YVR(and YXX) so price sensitive destinations (LAS/PHX/etc).Not to mention that for a lot of people, BLI is actually closer to home than YVR (for me, door to door, it's about 10 mins difference)

As for the border re-opening, I would expect it will mostly open in late July (existing closer is until July 21 IIRC), with announcements on procedures as early as tomorrow.

Lastly, for vaccination rates, Canada leads by 14points, the USA's in percentage who have had one dose (68.6% v 54.5%), and is quickly catching up in the fully category (34.2% v 46.9%); I expect Canada 'fully vaccinated' rates to pass US rates in the next 6 weeks; given the current rate of change. Canada's strategy was just different to the United States, concentrating on getting 1st shots in arms to as many as possible, given a constricted supply of vaccine due to countries confiscating contracted sales to Canada for their own domestic consumption.

I hope you're right. I think it'll get postponed through August...but that's just my cynicism. I'm itching to go back to Canada soon.

Western727

Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:57 pm

czbb wrote:
Western727 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Fair points, especially the Canadians being vaccinated against the US - I agree that the (fully) vaccinated figure will favor Canada in the coming weeks. Good for them, and I hope the percentage in the US doesn't fall too behind, though I worry that it will.

However, I will reiterate my view that BLI isn't a sure bet that's immune to CAD/USD exchange rates. My metro Vancouver family lives in Burnaby, Delta, Coquitlam, Ft. Langley and North Vancouver, and most still preferred YVR pre-COVID, with YXX being a natural 2nd choice for those in Ft. Langley. For those in North Van, BLI is hardly ever considered. The only folks who have historically used BLI are my relatives from Delta with one exception when the Delta relative's brother and his wife (Coquitlam) joined his family on a flight to HNL from BLI on G4 in December 2012. I remember driving them to BLI, because we were in Vancouver for the holidays, and ogling over the G4 752.

The CAD was very strong vs. the USD in the early 2010s...that ended in January of 2015 when 1 USD yielded more than C$1.20, and it's hovered in roughly the C$1.20-1.40 ever since; my family has pretty much ignored BLI since. Indeed, G4 stopped its Hawaiian routes, and Alaska then stopped its HI routes in 2019, before COVID. I'm betting the exchange rate had something to do with that because my wife's aunt and her hubby flew to HI in what feels like 2017...from YVR on AC. They didn't think the savings across two tickets made the BLI drive from North Van worthwhile. My in-laws (Burnaby) don't even consider BLI because of how close they are to YVR and being in their 70s they'd rather not deal with the auto border if they don't have to, in spite of the fact that they both have Nexus.

Bottom line being, only the relatives who live in Delta and Ft. Langley have told me they'd consider use BLI again if exchange rates go down to early-2010s level encouraging more travel to the US. I imagine if more of them lived closer the border like you do, the scales might get tipped for them sooner. My point being, exchange rates do matter, especially for those in Vancouver/Burnaby/Langley and especially points north (like West and North Van), from where BLI is quite a distance away compared to YVR.

czbb

Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:52 pm

Western727 wrote:
czbb wrote:
Western727 wrote:
Bottom line being, only the relatives who live in Delta and Ft. Langley have told me they'd consider use BLI again if exchange rates go down to early-2010s level encouraging more travel to the US. I imagine if more of them lived closer the border like you do, the scales might get tipped for them sooner. My point being, exchange rates do matter, especially for those in Vancouver/Burnaby/Langley and especially points north (like West and North Van), from where BLI is quite a distance away compared to YVR.

That's the thing, I don't live that close to the border, I'm in East Burnaby. It's a 50 minute drive (w / nexus) to BLI's parking
and only 30 mins to YVR. That difference is easily made up with the difference in the time it takes to negotiate the parking & airport itself. Given it's both cheaper (for US destinations only) and faster, I tend to use BLI more than YVR

BLI : 55 min + security
50 min drive (incl Nexus border)
2 min park
2 min walk into terminal to security
<security>
1 min to gate

YVR: 60 min + security
30 min drive
5 to park
10 for shuttle/skytrain to terminal (probably more than 10)
5 walk into terminal to security
<security>
5 mins border crossing (w/ Nexus)
5 walk to gate

If you're on the north shore, Vancouver city, or Richmond; YVR makes more sense.
Burnaby is a tossup, depending on the part you live in.
If you're in New West/Coquitlam/PoCo BLI is marginally faster (see math above)
If you're in Surrey/Langley or further east, BLI is a no brainer. This is also the fastest expanding (population) part of metro Vancouver

In summary, BLI really is "South Vancouver Airport"

Western727

Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:19 pm

czbb wrote:
Western727 wrote:
czbb wrote:

That's the thing, I don't live that close to the border, I'm in East Burnaby. It's a 50 minute drive (w / nexus) to BLI's parking
and only 30 mins to YVR. That difference is easily made up with the difference in the time it takes to negotiate the parking & airport itself. Given it's both cheaper (for US destinations only) and faster, I tend to use BLI more than YVR

BLI : 55 min + security
50 min drive (incl Nexus border)
2 min park
2 min walk into terminal to security
<security>
1 min to gate

YVR: 60 min + security
30 min drive
5 to park
10 for shuttle/skytrain to terminal (probably more than 10)
5 walk into terminal to security
<security>
5 mins border crossing (w/ Nexus)
5 walk to gate

If you're on the north shore, Vancouver city, or Richmond; YVR makes more sense.
Burnaby is a tossup, depending on the part you live in.
If you're in New West/Coquitlam/PoCo BLI is marginally faster (see math above)
If you're in Surrey/Langley or further east, BLI is a no brainer. This is also the fastest expanding (population) part of metro Vancouver

In summary, BLI really is "South Vancouver Airport"

Noted on all counts. Thanks for taking the time to put up these numbers which put things into perspective.

DenverTed

Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:33 pm

As far as BLI goes, I moved from Denver to BLI 30 years ago. I fly to Denver and Chicago at least twice a year. I would have happily paid a 100 dollar premium to fly out of BLI. I can't take a flight that doesn't exist. Luckily PAE-DEN is now up and running, so I've taken that and avoid SEA.

BoeingGuy

Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:01 pm

DenverTed wrote:
As far as BLI goes, I moved from Denver to BLI 30 years ago. I fly to Denver and Chicago at least twice a year. I would have happily paid a 100 dollar premium to fly out of BLI. I can't take a flight that doesn't exist. Luckily PAE-DEN is now up and running, so I've taken that and avoid SEA.

I’m like you. I will always happily pay somewhat extra to fly out of a much closer airport. I live about 3 miles from PAE. The PAE-DEN flight is great. I just hope that PAE ramps back up to its full flight schedule soon.

flyinggoat

Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:48 pm

As someone who lives in the San Juan Islands, I would love to see more flights out of BLI. A DL ATL-BLI flight would be fantastic, especially if on a A220-300.

Part of me wonders if DL could make that work. They could market it to the Canadians as a one-stop flight to Florida or Caribbean. A 2x or 3x weekly flight from BLI-MCO might even work.

Wneast

Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:49 pm

flyinggoat wrote:
As someone who lives in the San Juan Islands, I would love to see more flights out of BLI. A DL ATL-BLI flight would be fantastic, especially if on a A220-300.

Part of me wonders if DL could make that work. They could market it to the Canadians as a one-stop flight to Florida or Caribbean. A 2x or 3x weekly flight from BLI-MCO might even work.

I think we WN grow there next year with DEN,PHX, HNL

wedgetail737

Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:32 am

Wneast wrote:
flyinggoat wrote:

That's only if the Canadians will bite.

Wneast

Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:37 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
flyinggoat wrote:

very true hopefully it works out

MIflyer12

Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:25 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
flyinggoat wrote:

Hmm... and how strong is WN's Canadian point-of-sale? When the border reopens fully to vehicle traffic Canadians will again to ready to drive to a proximate U.S. airport (from Vancouver, Windsor, Hamilton, Montreal...) to save on customs/inspection fees that apply to air travel but not land crossings. I don't think WN is positioned to be a big beneficiary of that, however.

Western727

Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:26 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Hmm... and how strong is WN's Canadian point-of-sale? When the border reopens fully to vehicle traffic Canadians will again to ready to drive to a proximate U.S. airport (from Vancouver, Windsor, Hamilton, Montreal...) to save on customs/inspection fees that apply to air travel but not land crossings. I don't think WN is positioned to be a big beneficiary of that, however.

I think the Canadians will bite if WN grows BLI. Canadians near the border are accustomed to paying in USD. My only concern would be if the USD-CAD exchange rate reaches $1 USD = $1.35 CAD (or higher) again like it did for a few years in the late 2010s. That has historically diminished BLI's appeal to some price-sensitive folks in metro YVR.

EDIT: "late 2010s" (original assertion of "early" 2010s was incorrect)

czbb

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:15 pm

For those speculating on DL to BLI-ATL or BLI-MCO, it's not going to happen. If DL return to BLI it's going to be a regional jet to SLC; to connect to the rest of the Delta network.

As for WN's point of sale in Canada, I'm pretty sure we use the same internet (the only way WN sell tickets) that Americans use.

jbs2886

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:21 pm

czbb wrote:
For those speculating on DL to BLI-ATL or BLI-MCO, it's not going to happen. If DL return to BLI it's going to be a regional jet to SLC; to connect to the rest of the Delta network.

As for WN's point of sale in Canada, I'm pretty sure we use the same internet (the only way WN sell tickets) that Americans use.

Agree re: BLI. But, "same internet" isn't really the full context. Sites can be geo-restricted and other limitations on use and purchasing. I hear about it all the time with colleagues in our India offices not being able to access websites that we use here in the states for work. Sure, its the "same internet," but its not like everything is available to everyone, everywhere.

DenverTed

Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:40 pm

For BLI, how many non west coast flights have they had? I remember flying to SLC in the early 2000s. Frontier briefly flew to Denver a few days a week, probably only one summer.

jplatts

Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:06 pm

DenverTed wrote:
For BLI, how many non west coast flights have they had? I remember flying to SLC in the early 2000s. Frontier briefly flew to Denver a few days a week, probably only one summer.

WN adding BLI-DEN nonstop service is a possibility with WN planning on significantly expanding at DEN along with the connecting opportunities that are available through DEN on WN.

sprxUSA

Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:49 am

DenverTed wrote:

Skybus flew BLI-CMH and I had one of their cheapo tickets to fly them. But, took oversale buyoff from AS on BOI-SEA flight and never took the Skybus flight.

jplatts

Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:01 am

Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of SEA and GEG in April 2021:
DEN-SEA - 27472 passengers, 34416 seats, 79.82% load factor
LAS-SEA - 14581 passengers, 16150 seats, 90.28% load factor
MDW-SEA - 7962 passengers, 9700 seats, 82.08% load factor
OAK-SEA - 16469 passengers, 25940 seats, 63.49% load factor
PHX-SEA - 23394 passengers, 26206 seats, 89.27% load factor
SEA-SJC - 9530 passengers, 13102 seats, 72.74% load factor
SEA-SMF - 11754 passengers, 16312 seats, 72.06% load factor
DEN-GEG - 14907 passengers, 18824 seats, 79.19% load factor
GEG-LAS - 14849 passengers, 17168 seats, 86.49% load factor
GEG-OAK - 10406 passengers, 16348 seats, 63.65% load factor
GEG-PHX - 8241 passengers, 10238 seats, 80.49% load factor
GEG-SMF - 7420 passengers, 9604 seats, 77.26% load factor

Western727

Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:36 pm

jplatts wrote:
DenverTed wrote:

WN adding BLI-DEN nonstop service is a possibility with WN planning on significantly expanding at DEN along with the connecting opportunities that are available through DEN on WN.

DEN-BLI flights were done by F9 in the summer of 2012. We were bummed that it was seasonal because by the holidays F9 was nowhere to be found. I don't think they've done BLI since but I welcome corrections.

AC4500

Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:14 pm

Western727 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
DenverTed wrote:

DEN-BLI flights were done by F9 in the summer of 2012. We were bummed that it was seasonal because by the holidays F9 was nowhere to be found. I don't think they've done BLI since but I welcome corrections.

I seem to remember G4 flying BLI-DEN at one point, but I could be wrong. Maybe it was announced and never started.

jplatts

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:43 pm

WN adding GEG-DAL nonstop service might be a possibility with
(a) GEG being one of the few contiguous U.S. WN destinations west of the Mississippi River that has never had regularly scheduled nonstop service to DAL on WN,
(b) WN having significantly more market share at GEG than AA (even though there are other factors that support GEG-DFW nonstop service on AA such as DFW being a major hub for AA, the AA-AS partnership, AS having significant market share at GEG, and the significant AS FF base in the GEG market),
(c) DFW/DAL being one of the top markets traveled to from GEG, and
(d) the connecting opportunities that are available to some other destinations in the South through DAL on WN.

While WN was maxed out at DAL prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, WN has more room at DAL with WN currently operating 178 daily departures at DAL compared to the 195 daily departures that WN was operating at DAL prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. There is also more than enough room at DAL to accommodate Saturday-only nonstop service to DAL from GEG since WN operates fewer flights out of DAL on Saturdays (even prior to the COVID-19 pandemic) than on weekdays or Sundays.

There are also destinations such as BOI and ECP that didn't have any nonstop service from DFW/DAL 8 years ago that now have daily nonstop service from both DFW (on AA) and DAL (on WN).

wedgetail737

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:53 am

I haven't seen anything on this page, but Westjet will start flying to SEA from YYC in November with 4X weekly. It will eventually go to 2X daily by late Spring.

sprxUSA

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:23 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
I haven't seen anything on this page, but Westjet will start flying to SEA from YYC in November with 4X weekly. It will eventually go to 2X daily by late Spring.

Encore or the real deal?

jbs2886

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:46 am

sprxUSA wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Encore or the real deal?

Encore. https://westjet.mediaroom.com/2021-08-0 ... le-service

wedgetail737

Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:28 am

jbs2886 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Encore or the real deal?

Maybe for the summer season, Encore will be replaced with the real deal. It would cool to see their 737-600's at SEA.

jbs2886

Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:10 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
Encore or the real deal?

Maybe for the summer season, Encore will be replaced with the real deal. It would cool to see their 737-600's at SEA.

Per planespotters, the 737-600 is retired. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Westjet

wedgetail737

Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:51 am

jbs2886 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:

Per planespotters, the 737-600 is retired. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Westjet

Retired or stored? LH said they were retiring their 744's, A346's and A380's...but now LH is returning them to service. So Westjet could bring them back.

jbs2886

Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:59 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Retired or stored? LH said they were retiring their 744's, A346's and A380's...but now LH is returning them to service. So Westjet could bring them back.

I only know what planespotters says, and it isn’t “parked,” like most temporarily stored aircraft.

jplatts

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of SEA and GEG in May 2021:
DEN-SEA - 36664 passengers, 45319 seats, 80.90% load factor
LAS-SEA - 23719 passengers, 26142 seats, 90.73% load factor
MDW-SEA - 12588 passengers, 14982 seats, 84.02% load factor
OAK-SEA - 17357 passengers, 26834 seats, 64.68% load factor
PHX-SEA - 25983 passengers, 29030 seats, 89.50% load factor
SEA-SJC - 9658 passengers, 14039 seats, 68.79% load factor
SEA-SMF - 13420 passengers, 17266 seats, 77.73% load factor
SEA-STL - 3676 passengers, 4452 seats, 82.57% load factor
DEN-GEG - 20419 passengers, 24093 seats, 84.75% load factor
GEG-LAS - 16132 passengers, 18664 seats, 86.43% load factor
GEG-OAK - 12209 passengers, 18578 seats, 65.72% load factor
GEG-PHX - 8813 passengers, 10466 seats, 84.21% load factor
GEG-SMF - 7717 passengers, 9683 seats, 79.70% load factor

phatfarmlines

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:37 am

Raw chicken on the baggage carousel at SEA. So many questions....

TSA calls 'personal fowl' after raw chicken spotted on luggage carousel in Seattle

Source: USA Today

ramprat74

Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:00 pm

Just a day working the ramp. I lose count how many coolers I see working everyday. The Micronesians are the worst offenders with all their rotten fish they checked back home to here. As soon as I open the pit door on our SFO flights, I know right away the pit is full of coolers full of the putrid smelling dead fish. They started to use those black and yellow Costco like storage tubs to haul they fish here too.

dc10lover

Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:45 pm

Both ykm & eat to Sea are 2× a day? No wonder people in ykm drive to psc and fly out.

wedgetail737

Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:46 pm

dc10lover wrote:
Both ykm & eat to Sea are 2× a day? No wonder people in ykm drive to psc and fly out.

You mean QX flights?

dc10lover

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:21 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
dc10lover wrote:

You mean QX flights?

Yes. Only QX serves EAT & YKM.

dc10lover

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:02 pm

"WN adding BLI-DEN nonstop service is a possibility with WN planning on significantly expanding at DEN along with the connecting opportunities that are available through DEN on WN."

There are just so many larger Cities Southwest can serve and hopefully with frequency since they don't have Regional Jets to add the smaller Cities to their route map.

sprxUSA

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:58 pm

dc10lover wrote:
"WN adding BLI-DEN nonstop service is a possibility with WN planning on significantly expanding at DEN along with the connecting opportunities that are available through DEN on WN."

There are just so many larger Cities Southwest can serve and hopefully with frequency since they don't have Regional Jets to add the smaller Cities to their route map.

Well since WN is adding BLI in November, may as well link it with their largest connecting point. Only doing OAK and LAS seems somewhat if a waste to me.

wedgetail737

Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:10 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
dc10lover wrote:

Well since WN is adding BLI in November, may as well link it with their largest connecting point. Only doing OAK and LAS seems somewhat if a waste to me.

I think BLI is a bit of "wait and see", especially if WN is really counting on Canadian tourists. Because Canada is opened to non-essential travel to US travelers and vice-versa, there are still a lot of COVID requirements, including a quarantine plan should a traveler test positive at the last minute. Also, BLI is pretty small...but I'm sure they can handle more than just 2 or 3 WN flights per day...after all, AS used to fly mainline to BLI and Allegiant used to fly 757's there.

dc10lover

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:19 am

They won't use 737's at Paine Field?
Last edited by dc10lover on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dc10lover

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:20 am

As UA leaves Paine Field in Everett, Washington, I hope AS picks up the slack.

jplatts

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:45 am

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of SEA and GEG in June 2021:
BNA-SEA - 5896 passengers, 7246 seats, 81.37% load factor
DAL-SEA - 7769 passengers, 9030 seats, 86.04% load factor
DEN-SEA - 41454 passengers, 50607 seats, 81.91% load factor
LAS-SEA - 29941 passengers, 35185 seats, 85.10% load factor
MCI-SEA - 765 passengers, 858 seats, 89.16% load factor
MDW-SEA - 16409 passengers, 18862 seats, 87.00% load factor
OAK-SEA - 30329 passengers, 42610 seats, 71.18% load factor
PHX-SEA - 30201 passengers, 34165 seats, 88.40% load factor
SEA-SJC - 17609 passengers, 22897 seats, 76.91% load factor
SEA-SMF - 26310 passengers, 37623 seats, 69.93% load factor
SEA-STL - 8024 passengers, 9209 seats, 87.13% load factor
DEN-GEG - 23101 passengers, 26855 seats, 86.02% load factor
GEG-LAS - 15609 passengers, 17708 seats, 88.15% load factor
GEG-MDW - 4969 passengers, 5959 seats, 83.39% load factor
GEG-OAK - 11647 passengers, 16210 seats, 71.85% load factor
GEG-PHX - 7124 passengers, 9237 seats, 77.12% load factor
GEG-SJC - 4962 passengers, 6420 seats, 77.29% load factor
GEG-SMF - 7223 passengers, 8138 seats, 88.76% load factor
GEG-SNA - 4482 passengers, 7007 seats, 63.96% load factor

dc10lover

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:10 pm

When did Southwest Airlines start this route? Allegiant Air flies this route 2 times a week I think.

Wneast

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:16 pm

dc10lover wrote:

When did Southwest Airlines start this route? Allegiant Air flies this route 2 times a week I think.

It was a summer seasonal

dc10lover

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Wneast wrote:
dc10lover wrote:

It was a summer seasonal

OK thank you.

Chugach

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Looks like the Kraken are using AC to get over to Spokane today. Appears to be a normal AC A320 and not one of the AC Jetz frames that VIP configured and used by many NHL teams.

BFI-GEG isn’t showing on FlightAware yet, but here’s the inbound from YVR: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 ... /CYVR/KBFI

Chugach

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:58 pm

Also of note, there will be two AC aircraft on the ground at GEG today, as the Canucks are also using AC to get to Spokane for the game tonight: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 ... /CYVR/KGEG

wedgetail737

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:29 am

Chugach wrote:
Looks like the Kraken are using AC to get over to Spokane today. Appears to be a normal AC A320 and not one of the AC Jetz frames that VIP configured and used by many NHL teams.

BFI-GEG isn’t showing on FlightAware yet, but here’s the inbound from YVR: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 ... /CYVR/KBFI

A couple things that kind of caught my eye on this:

- Used AC aircraft instead of AS, considering that AS is the Kraken's official airline
- Used BFI instead of PAE, since the Kraken mentioned in a press report that they would use PAE.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos