Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wnflyguy

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm

ScottB wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
WN new SJC gates in the terminal expansion
Are all ground up jetway gates and so were the old SLC gates.

Flyguy

The old MDW terminal was also ground-level with jet bridges going up to the aircraft.

MDW was a bit of a odd duck because you had to walk up 6 stairs to get to the jetway or take the w/c lift next to the stairs.
Also if memory serves me right WN original ISP gates were ground floor with jetways.
And WN sole jetway gate at the old CRP was ground level too.

Flyguy

LH658

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:47 am

IAHFLYR wrote:
LH658 wrote:
Making everyone that needs to leave from Terminal C, D, and E in park Terminal C parking garage is a mess. just imagine if this was occurring without a pandemic.

Totally agree, complete mess though there are a few other options like those park-n-fly lots for those who enjoy a bumpy shuttle bus ride. My last visit to C garage was a fiasco so looking forward to another a different approach tomorrow using a yet be made public idea just in case it works! :laughing:

Just visited Terminal C today it was a mess getting to the garage for parking, line extending outside Terminal D departures. Very few spaces were left in the C garage, one level is blocked off for valet another one was blocked for employees, to park on other parts on the garage was blocked off for no odd reason, and then they have these robots roaming in the garage which is annoying when time is sensitive.

IAHWorldflyer

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:26 pm

I looked through the slide presentation that Houston Airports made which is posted above, and I don't see that they are building a replacement for the Terminal E garage above their Central Processor. Is that correct? If so, that's short-sighted.
As others here have noted, the Terminal C garage is getting overcrowded, and passenger counts are still running well below normal.

drerx7

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:24 pm

Any pics from WN first day of service at IAH or pics of the new jetways?

wnflyguy

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:39 pm

drerx7 wrote:

Southwest has a public Facebook group has pictures of Both IAH and SBA. In addition Both IAH and SBA Facebook and Instagram pages have pictures and videos of the first arrivals.

Flyguy

GreenCountry

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:19 pm

IAHWorldflyer wrote:
I looked through the slide presentation that Houston Airports made which is posted above, and I don't see that they are building a replacement for the Terminal E garage above their Central Processor. Is that correct? If so, that's short-sighted.
As others here have noted, the Terminal C garage is getting overcrowded, and passenger counts are still running well below normal.

That is correct, but they will be adding levels (I believe two) to the top of the C garage, which will be connected to the International central processor.

Antarius

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
drerx7 wrote:

Southwest has a public Facebook group has pictures of Both IAH and SBA. In addition Both IAH and SBA Facebook and Instagram pages have pictures and videos of the first arrivals.

Flyguy

Just flew out of IAH Terminal A and wow, it was weird seeing WN there. Good for them to be back.

The weirdest thing is seeing the signs proclaiming IAH to be the #1 airport in the US According to Skytrax. I'm not sure how drunk the reviewers were.

GreenCountry

Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:07 pm

SkyTrax 4-star rating for George Bush Intercontinental Houston.

https://skytraxratings.com/airports/hou ... ort-rating

william

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:14 pm

GreenCountry wrote:
Houston Airports System did an update presentation this week. Highlights:

The design is very far along. By this summer, the design will be completed and they will be fully into construction. Ground has already broken for foundations and utility work for the new Terminal D West pier.

They will be adding a new baggage screening building to the southeast corner of current Terminal D, with airline club space on the upper level(s).

Completion Schedule:

New D West pier: 4th Quarter 2022.

Full refurbishment of current Terminal D: 3rd Quarter 2023

New baggage screening building: 4th Quarter 2023

New International Terminal Phase 1: 4th Quarter 2023

New International Terminal Phase 2: 2nd Quarter 2024.

https://www.houstontx.gov/council/committees/econdev/20210322/ITRP-Update.pdf

So Terminal D is really located in the center of the roadways, not to the north of them like the present Terminal D. And is north Terminal C concourse being torn down and rebuilt at the same location? So many memories of Continental DC10s and A300s flying out of that concourse.

william

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:56 pm

How much longer will Terminal B's north banjo concourses survive? Wasn't the old tower on the west side supposed to be demo'd by now?

ScottB

Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm

william wrote:
So Terminal D is really located in the center of the roadways, not to the north of them like the present Terminal D. And is north Terminal C concourse being torn down and rebuilt at the same location? So many memories of Continental DC10s and A300s flying out of that concourse.

It's probably more accurate to just say that the check-in area for Terminal D is moving between the roadways. The existing building will continue to function as a concourse for departures and arrivals, and will be extended on the footprint of the northern arm of the old C-North concourse which (I believe) has been demolished. The current D1-D3 gates were Terminal C's international gates when it opened 40 years ago, and part of the original C-North remains -- the section with gates C1-C3 as well as the central junction.

Okcflyer

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:03 pm

ScottB wrote:
william wrote:

It's probably more accurate to just say that the check-in area for Terminal D is moving between the roadways. The existing building will continue to function as a concourse for departures and arrivals, and will be extended on the footprint of the northern arm of the old C-North concourse which (I believe) has been demolished. The current D1-D3 gates were Terminal C's international gates when it opened 40 years ago, and part of the original C-North remains -- the section with gates C1-C3 as well as the central junction.

Both D & E (inc United) checkin and baggage relocate to the new “space” between roadways. The existing check in space of both D and E gets repurposed ultimately.

The new D pier gets built & opened before major renovation of remaining D gate areas. This is the phasing/ staging part. There is enough room for another D pier long term.

ScottB

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:28 pm

Okcflyer wrote:
Both D & E (inc United) checkin and baggage relocate to the new “space” between roadways. The existing check in space of both D and E gets repurposed ultimately.

The new D pier gets built & opened before major renovation of remaining D gate areas. This is the phasing/ staging part. There is enough room for another D pier long term.

Well, E check-in was already between the roadways. I wasn't aware UA had any domestic baggage claims in that building; I thought bags from domestic arrivals at E were sent to the claims in Terminal C. D baggage (for international arrivals) was already in the same building used by international arrivals at E.

bigb

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:36 pm

ScottB wrote:
Okcflyer wrote:

Well, E check-in was already between the roadways. I wasn't aware UA had any domestic baggage claims in that building; I thought bags from domestic arrivals at E were sent to the claims in Terminal C. D baggage (for international arrivals) was already in the same building used by international arrivals at E.

Yes all of United domestic baggage claims go to C and all international baggage claims goes to E. He was talking about United’s International check-in.

Okcflyer

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 pm

bigb wrote:
ScottB wrote:
Okcflyer wrote:

Yes all of United domestic baggage claims go to C and all international baggage claims goes to E. He was talking about United’s International check-in.

In hindsight, my post was very confusing. Apologies. These snapshots from HAS better clarify.

There are renderings and more details available at this link from Houston: https://www.houstontx.gov/council/commi ... 7/ITRP.pdf

bigb

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:25 pm

Okcflyer wrote:
bigb wrote:
ScottB wrote:

In hindsight, my post was very confusing. Apologies. These snapshots from HAS better clarify.

There are renderings and more details available at this link from Houston: https://www.houstontx.gov/council/commi ... 7/ITRP.pdf

I guess his repose was the fact that the only major change is Terminal D check-ins are being relocated where as Terminal E check-ins and Arrivals are being shifted.

IAHFLYR

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:46 pm

william wrote:
How much longer will Terminal B's north banjo concourses survive? Wasn't the old tower on the west side supposed to be demo'd by now?

I believe that was the plan years ago, though now a Chronicle article from 2019 claims that the base buildings which housed the old TRACON as well as Tech Ops offices is all that will be demolished keeping the tower there. I know there was concern about having to do an asbestos abatement as the tower ceiling was full of it, but that might have been removed already.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine ... o-17625895

GreenCountry

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:32 pm

IAHFLYR wrote:
william wrote:

I believe that was the plan years ago, though now a Chronicle article from 2019 claims that the base buildings which housed the old TRACON as well as Tech Ops offices is all that will be demolished keeping the tower there. I know there was concern about having to do an asbestos abatement as the tower ceiling was full of it, but that might have been removed already.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine ... o-17625895

The tower was designed by IM Pei and is considered, at least by some, to be an important piece of aviation/architecture history. Historical preservation groups want it saved. I'm not sure if the City is committed to permanently saving the tower, but certainly for now it's staying.

IAHFLYR

Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:20 pm

GreenCountry wrote:
The tower was designed by IM Pei and is considered, at least by some, to be an important piece of aviation/architecture history. Historical preservation groups want it saved. I'm not sure if the City is committed to permanently saving the tower, but certainly for now it's staying.

Having worked in it for 14 years and then in the TRACON for another 15 years after the new tower opened I can say it certainly is an "important piece of aviation/architecture history". The things we used to do back in the day from that ole tower, amazing operations we did with the help of some very very savvy aviators. :bouncy:

CALMSP

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Future D East pier, is there supposed to be an underground walkway to it or is that taxiway going to close?

portcolumbus

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:40 pm

CALMSP wrote:
Future D East pier, is there supposed to be an underground walkway to it or is that taxiway going to close?

SF is one of the more vital taxiways for traffic flow.

triley1057

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:22 am

Is Ethiopian gone for good? They are not on the Wikipedia page anymore. (Which I know is not the best source)

EWRamp

Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:21 am

LH658 wrote:
IAHFLYR wrote:
LH658 wrote:
Making everyone that needs to leave from Terminal C, D, and E in park Terminal C parking garage is a mess. just imagine if this was occurring without a pandemic.

Totally agree, complete mess though there are a few other options like those park-n-fly lots for those who enjoy a bumpy shuttle bus ride. My last visit to C garage was a fiasco so looking forward to another a different approach tomorrow using a yet be made public idea just in case it works! :laughing:

Just visited Terminal C today it was a mess getting to the garage for parking, line extending outside Terminal D departures. Very few spaces were left in the C garage, one level is blocked off for valet another one was blocked for employees, to park on other parts on the garage was blocked off for no odd reason, and then they have these robots roaming in the garage which is annoying when time is sensitive.

I've found it easier, and a lot less stressful, to just use the A/B garage. The lines for TSA in terminal B are usually shorter and the post security people mover runs frequently between the terminals.

IAHFLYR

Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:06 pm

EWRamp wrote:
I've found it easier, and a lot less stressful, to just use the A/B garage. The lines for TSA in terminal B are usually shorter and the post security people mover runs frequently between the terminals.

Hush, don't tell folks that as it will fill up the A/B garage! :crowded:

As for the TSA in B, I went though last Sunday about 0800, Clear took me about 20 seconds then only to find Pre-Check was not open and both security lines were totally full so I waited for about eight minutes before getting through. I much prefer the Terminal C security as I've never waited more than a minute or two in the Pre-Check line after the Clear agent gets me past the ID point, but whatchya gonna do.

GreenCountry

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:45 am

portcolumbus wrote:
CALMSP wrote:

In the long term (before the construction of the D East pier), Taxiway SF is programmed to be replaced by a new Taxiway SM

portcolumbus

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:14 am

GreenCountry wrote:
portcolumbus wrote:
CALMSP wrote:

In the long term (before the construction of the D East pier), Taxiway SF is programmed to be replaced by a new Taxiway SM

Where? I had heard of plans for a north-south connection between NB and SB around where the new United hangar was built. That would still be a big step backwards in efficiency.

IAHFLYR

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:37 pm

portcolumbus wrote:
GreenCountry wrote:
portcolumbus wrote:

Where? I had heard of plans for a north-south connection between NB and SB around where the new United hangar was built. That would still be a big step backwards in efficiency.

When I was still working in the tower long ago the talk was about having another north/south connector to NB/SB, though as we all know that has not happened.

As a ground controller it is painful to have to hold opposite direction traffic waiting for that bridge to clear and I'm sure as a pilot equally frustrating when you have connecting pax that already have a close connection. Having a parallel taxiway to get north/south would be a huge improvement to efficiency, so not quite sure why you say "backwards in efficiency".

GreenCountry

Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:49 am

portcolumbus wrote:
GreenCountry wrote:
portcolumbus wrote:

From the Master Plan: "To enable the contiguous expansion of the MLIT [Terminal D], Taxiway SF could be removed and replaced as a future Taxiway SM. Taxiway SM would be constructed to the west of Taxiway SL at a centerline spacing of 324 feet. . . . Taxiway SM would be 82 feet wide with 40-foot shoulders . . . ."

Also, Taxiway SL would provide "an additional cross field taxiway to the east of crossfield Taxiway SF at centerline spacing of approximately 1,525 feet."

phatfarmlines

Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:50 am

Someone asked about the WN jetways at the Gate A3 "barn". I took a not-so-great picture with the Texas sun beaming down. The ground jetways are connected to the Gate A3 walkway, and the three jetways are labelled "A3E", "A3F", and "A3G". All of Gate A3 is now in WN branding, with no semblance of UA or AA.

https://imgur.com/a/r5fV4Tb

portcolumbus

Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:04 pm

GreenCountry wrote:
portcolumbus wrote:
GreenCountry wrote:

Also, Taxiway SL would provide "an additional cross field taxiway to the east of crossfield Taxiway SF at centerline spacing of approximately 1,525 feet."

Yeah, 1500' east of SF isn't viable anymore without demolishing United hangars. It would have to be a lot closer to EB than SF.

flyingclrs727

Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:32 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
ScottB wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
WN new SJC gates in the terminal expansion
Are all ground up jetway gates and so were the old SLC gates.

Flyguy

The old MDW terminal was also ground-level with jet bridges going up to the aircraft.

MDW was a bit of a odd duck because you had to walk up 6 stairs to get to the jetway or take the w/c lift next to the stairs.
Also if memory serves me right WN original ISP gates were ground floor with jetways.
And WN sole jetway gate at the old CRP was ground level too.

Flyguy

I was so glad when the CC city council voted to replace the original terminal. Everything to deal with jet aircraft and security was an add-on to the old terminal. The new terminal has the gates on the second floor much closer to the check-in desks. It has a much smaller footprint than the old terminal, and there is room to expand if it's ever necessary.

GreenCountry

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:56 pm

portcolumbus wrote:
GreenCountry wrote:
portcolumbus wrote:

Yeah, 1500' east of SF isn't viable anymore without demolishing United hangars. It would have to be a lot closer to EB than SF.

1500' east of SF is where the Chelsea flight kitchens and the older part of the inflight training center are located, not United hangars. And those buildings were there when the plan was made. Relocating those are included in the master plan as enabling projects for Taxiway SL.

(It's entirely possible the plans have changed but at least at the time the current master plan was compiled, that was the long-term development plan.)

alggag

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:15 am

phatfarmlines wrote:
Someone asked about the WN jetways at the Gate A3 "barn". I took a not-so-great picture with the Texas sun beaming down. The ground jetways are connected to the Gate A3 walkway, and the three jetways are labelled "A3E", "A3F", and "A3G". All of Gate A3 is now in WN branding, with no semblance of UA or AA.

Thanks for this, I had been trying to find pictures of their gate setup but I could not find anything.

Wneast

Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:18 am

alggag wrote:
phatfarmlines wrote:

Thanks for this, I had been trying to find pictures of their gate setup but I could not find anything.

Does WN have room t expand or is there only those three gates I imagine they will expand more they mentioned on the earnings call the new bigger cites seeing a dozen more cities added ?

GreenCountry

Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:49 am

Wneast wrote:
alggag wrote:
phatfarmlines wrote:

Does WN have room t expand or is there only those three gates I imagine they will expand more they mentioned on the earnings call the new bigger cites seeing a dozen more cities added ?

FWIW, the airport's terminal map shows, in addition to the current WN gates, Gates A3a, A3b, A3c, A3d, and A3h; I think they were laid out for commuter planes, but WN might be able to squeeze at least one more gate out of it?

In the slightly longer-term, expansion of Terminal A is in the works.

lx2iah

Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:26 am

Where WN is right now in Terminal A - there should be some room to park aircraft / build similar “jetbridges” on the “south side” of that A3 connector. I’d think two or three (maybe four?) parking spots / gates could be built out for some more WN 737’s.
Here’s my .02 on the rest of Terminal A - UA Express (Mesa) needs to quit using A1, A2, and A7. (Not sure if they use any more “lower numbered” gates in A), but they need to be booted out and go over to B, C, D, or E where the rest of UA “world” is located. That would open up A1, A2 to be combined to make one new “normal” sized gate that could handle a 737, or 320. There isn’t much more room to allow any more competition in “A” unless this happens. HAS and the City of Houston needs to understand that not everybody living here, or flying to / from here wants to (or likes to) fly UA.
F9, AC, AS, and (not sure if B6) use the north part of A gates, but by getting rid of any remaining UA Express aircraft in “A” may help these other airlines expand. With the recent AA/B6/AS “hookup” they could have more of an opportunity to expand with new flights from “A.”
The south side of “A” is used by AA, WS, and NK (again, not sure if jetBlue uses the north or south side gates in “A.”)

GreenCountry

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:02 am

lx2iah wrote:
Where WN is right now in Terminal A - there should be some room to park aircraft / build similar “jetbridges” on the “south side” of that A3 connector. I’d think two or three (maybe four?) parking spots / gates could be built out for some more WN 737’s.
Here’s my .02 on the rest of Terminal A - UA Express (Mesa) needs to quit using A1, A2, and A7. (Not sure if they use any more “lower numbered” gates in A), but they need to be booted out and go over to B, C, D, or E where the rest of UA “world” is located. That would open up A1, A2 to be combined to make one new “normal” sized gate that could handle a 737, or 320. There isn’t much more room to allow any more competition in “A” unless this happens. HAS and the City of Houston needs to understand that not everybody living here, or flying to / from here wants to (or likes to) fly UA.
F9, AC, AS, and (not sure if B6) use the north part of A gates, but by getting rid of any remaining UA Express aircraft in “A” may help these other airlines expand. With the recent AA/B6/AS “hookup” they could have more of an opportunity to expand with new flights from “A.”
The south side of “A” is used by AA, WS, and NK (again, not sure if jetBlue uses the north or south side gates in “A.”)

HAS and the City of Houston are well aware that not everybody living in Houston wants to (or likes to) fly UA. See, for example the City's decision to allow international flights to/from Hobby Airport over United's VERY strenuous objections. See also, their current $1 Billion + project to expand international capacity at Bush IAH, which does little for United. See also, their ability to recently welcome Southwest Airlines and (a little earlier) JetBlue to Terminal A.

ChaseP

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:11 am

lx2iah wrote:

The City of Houston is planning to completely renovate Terminal A at some point. Spirit wants to keep adding flights, but there simply isn't room. As for United "hogging" the Terminal A gates, that's simply not true. They pay the city just as much for those gates that Delta pays for their FOUR gates and Spirit with their three gates.

On a semi-related note, United is bringing back Gate C29 in a modified gate layout. They will utilize a gate-to-ramp system where C29 becomes C29A and C29B. That will open up two more gates for United to use. On the north side of the field, at Terminal B, Gates B85, B86, and B87 are being shifted over to create one additional gate, B87A. The gate can house up to a ERJ-175. There are also talks among station leadership to reconfigure Gate E20 to accommodate two planes, instead of one, because that gate has two jetways and can handle a wide body aircraft.

To sum it up, United is paying their share a Terminal A and is making many efforts to open up gate space around the field,

GreenCountry

Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:08 pm

ChaseP wrote:
lx2iah wrote:

The City of Houston is planning to completely renovate Terminal A at some point. Spirit wants to keep adding flights, but there simply isn't room. As for United "hogging" the Terminal A gates, that's simply not true. They pay the city just as much for those gates that Delta pays for their FOUR gates and Spirit with their three gates.

On a semi-related note, United is bringing back Gate C29 in a modified gate layout. They will utilize a gate-to-ramp system where C29 becomes C29A and C29B. That will open up two more gates for United to use. On the north side of the field, at Terminal B, Gates B85, B86, and B87 are being shifted over to create one additional gate, B87A. The gate can house up to a ERJ-175. There are also talks among station leadership to reconfigure Gate E20 to accommodate two planes, instead of one, because that gate has two jetways and can handle a wide body aircraft.

To sum it up, United is paying their share a Terminal A and is making many efforts to open up gate space around the field,

Good info. Thanks. Any hints or rumors of the reconfiguration of Terminal B North?

IAHFLYR

Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:54 pm

lx2iah wrote:

The few times I've seen B6 at IAH they've been parked at A24, southside.

lx2iah

Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:43 am

Anyone know why AA163 (772) diverted here this afternoon? It left DFW headed to MIA and about/or just east of MSY made a turn to the west and landed here…I see AA sent another 772 from DFW that arrived around 845pm and the “new” plane just left as AA163 to MIA around 1030 PM…some kind of mechanical problems I presume ???

LAXdude1023

Tue May 04, 2021 8:54 pm

I thought Id take a crack at UA's IAH domestic schedule up-gages between May and July since July's schedule is now set.

Below are the increases in service between May and July. Ill be using mid week schedules.

IAH-Texas Flights
ABI: 2 no change
AMA: 3 no change
AUS: 5 to 8
BRO: 3 to 4
CRP: 5 to 7
DFW: 6 to 8
ELP: 4 to 5
HRL: 4 no change
LBB: 3 no change
LRD: 2 no change
MFE: 5 to 6
SAT: 5 to 8
SJT: 2 no change

IAH-Plain States/Midwest from ORD West
DSM: 2 to 3
ICT: 3 no change
JLN: New Service - 1 flight
MCI: 4 to 5
MKE: 1 to 2
MSP: 2 to 3
OKC: 5 to 8
OMA: 3 no change - one upgrade to mainline
ORD: 8 to 10
SGF: 1 to 2
STL: 3 no change - one upgrade to mainline
TUL: 4 to 5

IAH-Midwest east of ORD
CLE: 2 to 3 - one upgrade to mainline
CMH: 2 to 3
CVG: 3 no change - one upgrade to mainline
DTW: 3 no change
GRR: 0 to 1
IND: 3 no change - one upgrade to mainline
PIT: 2 to 3
SDF: 1 to 2

IAH-Northeast/Virginia/Domestic Caribbean
BOS: 2 to 4
BWI: 2 no change - one upgrade to mainline
DCA: 3 to 4
EWR: 6 to 7
IAD: 4 to 6
LGA: 3 to 5 - one upgrade to mainline
ORF: 1 to 2
PHL: 2 to 3 - one upgrade to mainline
RIC: 0 to 1
SJU: 3 no change
STT: 1 no change

IAH-South
AEX: 2 no change
ATL: 4 to 5 - one upgrade to mainline
BHM: 4 no change
BNA: 6 to 7
BTR: 4 to 7
CHA: 1 no change
CHS: 2 to 3 - one upgrade to Mainline
CLT: 3 no change
GPT: 2 to 3
GSP: 2 no change
HSV: 2 no change
JAN: 3 to 4
LCH: 2 no change
LFT: 5 no change
LIT: 3 to 4
MEM: 4 no change
MLU: 1 no change
MOB: 4 no change
MSY: 5 to 8
RDU: 3 no change
SAV: 2 no change
SHV: 2 to 3
TYS: 4 no change
XNA: 3 to 4

IAH-Florida
ECP: 4 no change
EYW: 1 no change
FLL: 4 to 5
JAX: 4 no change
MCO: 5 to 6
MIA: 5 to 4
PBI: 1 no change
PNS: 5 to 6
RSW: 2 no change
SRQ: 1 no change
TLH: 1 no change
TPA: 3 no change
VPS: 4 no change

IAH-Mountain West
ABQ: 3 to 4
ASE: 0 to 2
BOI: 1 to 2
BZN: 0 to 1 - mainline
COS: 2 to 3
DEN: 9 no change
FCA: 0 to 1
GUC: 0 to 1
HOB: 1 no change
JAC: 0 to 1
LAS: 5 to 6
MTJ: 0 to 1
PHX: 4 to 5
RNO: 0 to 1
SLC: 5 to 7
TUS: 2 no change

IAH-West Coast/Alaska/Hawaii
ANC: 0 to 1
HNL: 1 no change
LAX: 6 to 9
ONT: 1 no change
PDX: 2 no change
SAN: 3 to 5
SEA: 2 to 4
SFO: 6 to 8
SMF: 2 no change
SJC: 1 to 2
SNA: 2 to 4

drerx7

Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 pm

Thanks mayne!!!! Do you see any interesting widebody changes. I know a 753 was upgauged to 763 on our flight on 6/6 on LAX-IAH

SunsetLimited

Tue May 04, 2021 11:53 pm

I’m booked on a 763 IAH-DEN on 6/22. Also it looks like there’s a daily 789 IAH-EWR turn. I also see a 789 on IAH-ORD on Tu/Th/Sa.

COflyerBOS

Fri May 07, 2021 7:05 am

WN adds LAS, PHX, MCO, and TPA service at IAH. Looks like 20 flights a day in June on average.

drerx7

Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 am

Is UA doing anything competitive against WN at IAH?

DaCubbyBearBar

Fri May 07, 2021 11:29 am

At 1 nonstop in those markets, I highly doubt it. Possibly a fare match on same time departure, but that would be about it?

caribbeanSwag

Sat May 08, 2021 7:18 am

With the rumors of Avelo possibly utilizing a third airport in Houston, which options would be viable in your opinions?

Some people mention Ellington and it comes to mind as the most obvious because of the current facilities. But I couldn't see this happening since the City of Houston is keen on transitioning to a Spaceport. They've already signed long term leases with Axiom Space to build a campus there. It's also too close to Hobby to dominate a region of Houston.

I've heard GLS, but I don't see this either. While I could see AA or Delta offering a connecting service to DFW or ATL to support the cruise industry, GLS is too far out and covers too small of an accessible population to take in a new mainline carrier.

Sugar Land I believe is the most suitable since it's in West Houston, has super far commutes to both IAH and HOU and has a decent runway. It's position gives it easier access to Katy Area, Sugar Land and SW suburbs, as well as far West Houston. Huge population concentration there.

Conroe also seems to have decent facilities, but I see Sugar Land as the smarter bet since IAH isn't terribly far from Conroe.

dfw88

Sat May 08, 2021 1:01 pm

caribbeanSwag wrote:
With the rumors of Avelo possibly utilizing a third airport in Houston, which options would be viable in your opinions?

To be fair, the only place I've seen rumors of Avelo one day using alternate airports in Houston is on the Avelo thread and none of those rumors had any source or substantiation. The company itself (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) hasn't said anything about any flights to Houston, despite being headquartered there. Additionally, most of the airports you mentioned were thrown out in that discussion as a joke, making fun of how some ULCCs like Ryanair and Allegiant fly to far-flung airports but market them as secondary or tertiary airports for larger cities. So while I do find it likely that Avelo will one day come to Houston I wouldn't necessarily expect it soon (I do hope I'm wrong about that) and I would expect them to use either IAH or HOU (though I'd love to be wrong about that too).

caribbeanSwag

Sat May 08, 2021 1:56 pm

dfw88 wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:

To be fair, the only place I've seen rumors of Avelo one day using alternate airports in Houston is on the Avelo thread and none of those rumors had any source or substantiation. The company itself (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) hasn't said anything about any flights to Houston, despite being headquartered there. Additionally, most of the airports you mentioned were thrown out in that discussion as a joke, making fun of how some ULCCs like Ryanair and Allegiant fly to far-flung airports but market them as secondary or tertiary airports for larger cities. So while I do find it likely that Avelo will one day come to Houston I wouldn't necessarily expect it soon (I do hope I'm wrong about that) and I would expect them to use either IAH or HOU (though I'd love to be wrong about that too).

Levy mentioned in the interview he plans to enter the Houston market this year a few days ago. The third airport rumor didnt stem from here.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos