Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat May 08, 2021 2:32 pm

caribbeanSwag wrote:
dfw88 wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:
With the rumors of Avelo possibly utilizing a third airport in Houston, which options would be viable in your opinions?


To be fair, the only place I've seen rumors of Avelo one day using alternate airports in Houston is on the Avelo thread and none of those rumors had any source or substantiation. The company itself (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) hasn't said anything about any flights to Houston, despite being headquartered there. Additionally, most of the airports you mentioned were thrown out in that discussion as a joke, making fun of how some ULCCs like Ryanair and Allegiant fly to far-flung airports but market them as secondary or tertiary airports for larger cities. So while I do find it likely that Avelo will one day come to Houston I wouldn't necessarily expect it soon (I do hope I'm wrong about that) and I would expect them to use either IAH or HOU (though I'd love to be wrong about that too).


Levy mentioned in the interview he plans to enter the Houston market this year a few days ago. The third airport rumor didnt stem from here.


I would personally place the odds of them flying to IAH or HOU at 99%. At ELD at .9% and any other airport at .1%.
 
caribbeanSwag
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:30 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat May 08, 2021 2:43 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
caribbeanSwag wrote:
dfw88 wrote:

To be fair, the only place I've seen rumors of Avelo one day using alternate airports in Houston is on the Avelo thread and none of those rumors had any source or substantiation. The company itself (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) hasn't said anything about any flights to Houston, despite being headquartered there. Additionally, most of the airports you mentioned were thrown out in that discussion as a joke, making fun of how some ULCCs like Ryanair and Allegiant fly to far-flung airports but market them as secondary or tertiary airports for larger cities. So while I do find it likely that Avelo will one day come to Houston I wouldn't necessarily expect it soon (I do hope I'm wrong about that) and I would expect them to use either IAH or HOU (though I'd love to be wrong about that too).


Levy mentioned in the interview he plans to enter the Houston market this year a few days ago. The third airport rumor didnt stem from here.


I would personally place the odds of them flying to IAH or HOU at 99%. At ELD at .9% and any other airport at .1%.


Did you mean EFD?

I disagree with the last part. The odds of them flying at IAH or HOU are definitely in the 90s. But there's no way EFD could happen imo. EFD is being renovated as a Spaceport and aerospace campus and some large projects have already signed long term leases there. It would have too much going on to put commercial air service in addition to a space port and the Axiom Corporate campus under construction.

I would go 95% IAH or HOU, 4% SGR, and 1% CXO.
 
Airlines0613
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat May 08, 2021 3:18 pm

What about DWH? It does have a 7,000+ ft runway, but it’s a private airport and lacks the infrastructure for commercial service. I still think it’s quite possible.
 
SWADawg
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat May 08, 2021 3:33 pm

I would say most likely Avelo will be at HOU exclusively. They can probably use one of the CUTE gates at the East end of the Central Concourse.
 
IAHFLYR
Posts: 4383
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:56 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat May 08, 2021 3:36 pm

Airlines0613 wrote:
What about DWH? It does have a 7,000+ ft runway, but it’s a private airport and lacks the infrastructure for commercial service. I still think it’s quite possible.


DWH will not happen. The costs associated with bringing the taxiways up to the standards required to handle B737/8 would be a stupid number and take quite a long time to accomplish. Have you ever taxied an airplane on taxiway F, the clearance from 17R/35L is minimal at best.
 
David_itl
Posts: 6455
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 7:39 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:08 pm

some news about the return of SQ...[urlhttps://aboutmanchester.co.uk/singapore-airlines-relaunches-flights-from-manchester-airport-in-july/[/url]

"Manchester Airport’s Managing Director, Karen Smart said: “We look forward to working with our colleagues at Singapore Airlines to make this returning service a success, especially given the destination’s inclusion on the UK Government’s green list. Together, we hope to be able to relaunch the popular Houston service as soon as possible once travel to and from the United States is opened up.”"

the resumption of the MAN-SIN sector so early is a bit of a surprise for us Northwest England. Hopefully a US-UK air corridor will be opened soon so that the route can be fully restored.
 
LH658
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:35 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:56 am

David_itl wrote:
some news about the return of SQ...[urlhttps://aboutmanchester.co.uk/singapore-airlines-relaunches-flights-from-manchester-airport-in-july/[/url]

"Manchester Airport’s Managing Director, Karen Smart said: “We look forward to working with our colleagues at Singapore Airlines to make this returning service a success, especially given the destination’s inclusion on the UK Government’s green list. Together, we hope to be able to relaunch the popular Houston service as soon as possible once travel to and from the United States is opened up.”"

the resumption of the MAN-SIN sector so early is a bit of a surprise for us Northwest England. Hopefully a US-UK air corridor will be opened soon so that the route can be fully restored.



Good news!
 
FlyingSicilian
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:01 am

Well Sugar Land had commercial in the past (Galveston too IIRC). EFD's Houston express flights were popular...free parking LOL fast commute so who knows. Conroe has some great facilities and pulls Woodlands but Sugar Land would make most sense to me IF not HOU or IAH. EFD has the ramp space now but not sure if CO's old terminal building is there and it was not huge to begin with. For quick start gate acces HOU or IAH is plug-and-fly ready.
 
hohd
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:40 pm

If Avelo wants to go out of the box, then SGR would be ideal. It has the runway for 737 and is on the west side of town which has no commercial service and also couple of car rental counters.
 
wxtech
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Looks like IAH picked up Salina Kansas. Has Ethiopian Air declared their intentions on IAH service?

Link to Salina article.

https://www.wibw.com/2021/06/09/salina- ... t-houston/
 
DfwRevolution
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:44 pm

Anyone know why AA 1013 (DFW-GUA) diverted to IAH today?
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 am

wxtech wrote:
Looks like IAH picked up Salina Kansas. Has Ethiopian Air declared their intentions on IAH service?

Link to Salina article.

https://www.wibw.com/2021/06/09/salina- ... t-houston/


I do wish we could get more routes like that. Getting CID, MSN, GSO, CAE, and LEX back would be amazing.
 
aircountry
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:43 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:19 am

Has Ethiopian Air declared their intentions on IAH service? I cant see it yet. I copied and pasted from Ethiopian Air website on Operation flights

The Americas
Number of Flight per Week Flight dates
Buenos Aires (EZE, Argentina 1X MON
Newark (EWR), United States 4X TUE,THU,FRI,SUN
Sao Paulo (GRU), Brazil
3X MON,WED,SAT
Washington Dulles (IAD), United States
7X Daily
Chicago Ohare (ORD), United States
4X TUE, THU,FRI,SUN(will be 5x effective Mid Dec (MON added))
Toronto (YYZ), Canada
3X MON,WED, FRI
NEW YORK (JFK), United States 3X MON,WED,SAT

so far IAH is not on the list. I dont know they will ever come back or they removed IAH.
 
bravotango75
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:33 pm

aircountry wrote:
Has Ethiopian Air declared their intentions on IAH service? I cant see it yet. I copied and pasted from Ethiopian Air website on Operation flights

The Americas
Number of Flight per Week Flight dates
Buenos Aires (EZE, Argentina 1X MON
Newark (EWR), United States 4X TUE,THU,FRI,SUN
Sao Paulo (GRU), Brazil
3X MON,WED,SAT
Washington Dulles (IAD), United States
7X Daily
Chicago Ohare (ORD), United States
4X TUE, THU,FRI,SUN(will be 5x effective Mid Dec (MON added))
Toronto (YYZ), Canada
3X MON,WED, FRI
NEW YORK (JFK), United States 3X MON,WED,SAT

so far IAH is not on the list. I dont know they will ever come back or they removed IAH.


From what I understand, ET has departed IAH for good, not surprisingly. Never understood the route to begin with.
 
hohd
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:03 pm

bravotango75 wrote:
aircountry wrote:
Has Ethiopian Air declared their intentions on IAH service? I cant see it yet. I copied and pasted from Ethiopian Air website on Operation flights

The Americas
Number of Flight per Week Flight dates
Buenos Aires (EZE, Argentina 1X MON
Newark (EWR), United States 4X TUE,THU,FRI,SUN
Sao Paulo (GRU), Brazil
3X MON,WED,SAT
Washington Dulles (IAD), United States
7X Daily
Chicago Ohare (ORD), United States
4X TUE, THU,FRI,SUN(will be 5x effective Mid Dec (MON added))
Toronto (YYZ), Canada
3X MON,WED, FRI
NEW YORK (JFK), United States 3X MON,WED,SAT

so far IAH is not on the list. I dont know they will ever come back or they removed IAH.


From what I understand, ET has departed IAH for good, not surprisingly. Never understood the route to begin with.


One can never say for good. Due to the pandemic all traffic patterns are off. May be down the road, about 2 years from now, once the pre-Covid traffic patterns return, ET may come back. Houston area is very diverse and has large ethnic populations from all over the world, including Africa, so that is reason for the flight.
 
User avatar
AVENSAB727
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:02 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Looks like UA resumes IAH-AMS/NRT in September.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:09 pm

AVENSAB727 wrote:
Looks like UA resumes IAH-AMS/NRT in September.


The September schedule isn’t set yet.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:13 pm

hohd wrote:
bravotango75 wrote:
aircountry wrote:
Has Ethiopian Air declared their intentions on IAH service? I cant see it yet. I copied and pasted from Ethiopian Air website on Operation flights

The Americas
Number of Flight per Week Flight dates
Buenos Aires (EZE, Argentina 1X MON
Newark (EWR), United States 4X TUE,THU,FRI,SUN
Sao Paulo (GRU), Brazil
3X MON,WED,SAT
Washington Dulles (IAD), United States
7X Daily
Chicago Ohare (ORD), United States
4X TUE, THU,FRI,SUN(will be 5x effective Mid Dec (MON added))
Toronto (YYZ), Canada
3X MON,WED, FRI
NEW YORK (JFK), United States 3X MON,WED,SAT

so far IAH is not on the list. I dont know they will ever come back or they removed IAH.


One can never say for good. Due to the pandemic all traffic patterns are off. May be down the road, about 2 years from now, once the pre-Covid traffic patterns return, ET may come back. Houston area is very diverse and has large ethnic populations from all over the world, including Africa, so that is reason for the flight.


It’s an answer to a question we won’t get for a while. Traffic has to return to Nigeria for them to come back. That’s the main target of the flight.
 
FlyingSicilian
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:39 pm

bravotango75 wrote:
aircountry wrote:
Has Ethiopian Air declared their intentions on IAH service? I cant see it yet. I copied and pasted from Ethiopian Air website on Operation flights

The Americas
Number of Flight per Week Flight dates
Buenos Aires (EZE, Argentina 1X MON
Newark (EWR), United States 4X TUE,THU,FRI,SUN
Sao Paulo (GRU), Brazil
3X MON,WED,SAT
Washington Dulles (IAD), United States
7X Daily
Chicago Ohare (ORD), United States
4X TUE, THU,FRI,SUN(will be 5x effective Mid Dec (MON added))
Toronto (YYZ), Canada
3X MON,WED, FRI
NEW YORK (JFK), United States 3X MON,WED,SAT

so far IAH is not on the list. I dont know they will ever come back or they removed IAH.


From what I understand, ET has departed IAH for good, not surprisingly. Never understood the route to begin with.


Thankfully ones "understanding" is not needed for higher level airline decisions, but I digress...

The flight is gone for 2021, a COVID casualty, however an embassy commercial officer has stated as of one month it will look to return in 2022. They are/were flying repatriation flights IAH to Lagos for sometime, but that is it for now.

The growing conflict in Ethiopia could hamper growth, as the current admit is looking at their aviation sector again (ala Mexico) so a cat downgrade would change things.
 
IAHFLYR
Posts: 4383
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:56 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:55 pm

Any intel on the WN IAH load factors?
 
alggag
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:34 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:49 am

IAHFLYR wrote:
Any intel on the WN IAH load factors?


I was on IAH-DAL this morning with a load of 130 / 143 and the next flight going to TPA also looked to have a pretty healthy load.
 
jplatts
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:46 pm

IAHFLYR wrote:
Any intel on the WN IAH load factors?


Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of IAH in April 2021:
BNA-IAH - 5441 passengers, 15444 seats, 35.23% load factor
DAL-IAH - 7395 passengers, 25597 seats, 28.89% load factor
DEN-IAH - 6136 passengers, 11186 seats, 54.85% load factor
IAH-LAS - 359 passengers, 572 seats, 62.76% load factor
IAH-MCO - 211 passengers, 429 seats, 49.18% load factor
IAH-MDW - 5817 passengers, 10757 seats, 54.08% load factor
IAH-MSY - 7509 passengers, 15794 seats, 47.54% load factor
IAH-PHX - 95 passengers, 572 seats, 16.61% load factor
 
IAHFLYR
Posts: 4383
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:56 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:22 pm

jplatts wrote:
IAHFLYR wrote:
Any intel on the WN IAH load factors?


Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of IAH in April 2021:
BNA-IAH - 5441 passengers, 15444 seats, 35.23% load factor
DAL-IAH - 7395 passengers, 25597 seats, 28.89% load factor
DEN-IAH - 6136 passengers, 11186 seats, 54.85% load factor
IAH-LAS - 359 passengers, 572 seats, 62.76% load factor
IAH-MCO - 211 passengers, 429 seats, 49.18% load factor
IAH-MDW - 5817 passengers, 10757 seats, 54.08% load factor
IAH-MSY - 7509 passengers, 15794 seats, 47.54% load factor
IAH-PHX - 95 passengers, 572 seats, 16.61% load factor


Wonder if those have increased with more time back at IAH?
 
GreenCountry
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:20 pm

Quick update on IAH construction projects:

-- Construction of the new Terminal D West pier is very much underway. Foundation work being done this month.
-- United will vacate the Terminal E ticket hall and security processing some time in August (for the duration of the rebuild/additions to the Terminal D/E Central Processor). Work has been ongoing in the Terminal C Ticket Hall/Security screening to provide for additional capacity in order to handle the Terminal E traffic.
-- United's baggage system rebuild is very much underway, including a new early bag storage facility being built over South Terminal Road.
 
bigb
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:36 pm

GreenCountry wrote:
Quick update on IAH construction projects:

-- Construction of the new Terminal D West pier is very much underway. Foundation work being done this month.
-- United will vacate the Terminal E ticket hall and security processing some time in August (for the duration of the rebuild/additions to the Terminal D/E Central Processor). Work has been ongoing in the Terminal C Ticket Hall/Security screening to provide for additional capacity in order to handle the Terminal E traffic.
-- United's baggage system rebuild is very much underway, including a new early bag storage facility being built over South Terminal Road.


I’ve passed through IAH recently a few times in my commute and haven’t notice the Terminal C ticketing area construction. I will need to pay closer attention next time I pass through.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:51 pm

Looks like NK is going to start IAH-XPL. Id never heard of it, but its an air force base in Comayagua, Honduras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soto_Cano_Air_Base

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -honduras/
 
Delta28L
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:55 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Looks like NK is going to start IAH-XPL. Id never heard of it, but its an air force base in Comayagua, Honduras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soto_Cano_Air_Base

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -honduras/


It’s going to be the primary airport for the Tegucigalpa and the surrounding areas since the current airport is considered dangerous for the approach that planes have to do and there’s no room for expansion.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:57 pm

Delta28L wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
Looks like NK is going to start IAH-XPL. Id never heard of it, but its an air force base in Comayagua, Honduras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soto_Cano_Air_Base

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -honduras/


It’s going to be the primary airport for the Tegucigalpa and the surrounding areas since the current airport is considered dangerous for the approach that planes have to do and there’s no room for expansion.


To me that seems crazy. I get that there is no room for expansion but its 90 kilometers away from Tegucigalpa.
 
Chele737
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:52 pm

Yes, one hour by car. But it is a go. New airport seems to be ready very soon.

https://www.munich-airport.com/press-su ... rt-9835071
https://www.facebook.com/PalmerolaHonduras/
https://www.airport-technology.com/proj ... l-airport/





LAXdude1023 wrote:
Delta28L wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
Looks like NK is going to start IAH-XPL. Id never heard of it, but its an air force base in Comayagua, Honduras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soto_Cano_Air_Base

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -honduras/


It’s going to be the primary airport for the Tegucigalpa and the surrounding areas since the current airport is considered dangerous for the approach that planes have to do and there’s no room for expansion.


To me that seems crazy. I get that there is no room for expansion but its 90 kilometers away from Tegucigalpa.
 
BHMNONREV
Posts: 1261
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:17 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:55 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Delta28L wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
Looks like NK is going to start IAH-XPL. Id never heard of it, but its an air force base in Comayagua, Honduras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soto_Cano_Air_Base

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -honduras/


It’s going to be the primary airport for the Tegucigalpa and the surrounding areas since the current airport is considered dangerous for the approach that planes have to do and there’s no room for expansion.


To me that seems crazy. I get that there is no room for expansion but its 90 kilometers away from Tegucigalpa.


Spent a six month tour there in the early 90's while in the AF. Beautiful area to be sure, but if that is to actually replace TGU not sure how that will work. That 90 kilometers is a very long 90km.. :)
 
ScottB
Posts: 7515
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2000 1:25 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:25 pm

Chele737 wrote:
Yes, one hour by car. But it is a go. New airport seems to be ready very soon.


LOL there is no way anyone is getting from Teguz to Comayagua in an hour.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:44 pm

ScottB wrote:
Chele737 wrote:
Yes, one hour by car. But it is a go. New airport seems to be ready very soon.


LOL there is no way anyone is getting from Teguz to Comayagua in an hour.


Seriously.
 
Airlines0613
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:52 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
ScottB wrote:
Chele737 wrote:
Yes, one hour by car. But it is a go. New airport seems to be ready very soon.


LOL there is no way anyone is getting from Teguz to Comayagua in an hour.


Seriously.

90 Kilometers in Central America is about a two-hour drive due to bad infrastructure.
 
Chele737
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:05 am

My brother in law did this trip every month. From El Durzano, Zambrano you do in 45 minutes. From Tegucigalpa any part from the city and due traffic jam (no due a bad road since the road is a 4 lane highway) he did in 1hr30-1hr40 minutes to the new airport zone.


Airlines0613 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
ScottB wrote:

LOL there is no way anyone is getting from Teguz to Comayagua in an hour.


Seriously.

90 Kilometers in Central America is about a two-hour drive due to bad infrastructure.
 
Airlines0613
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:47 am

Chele737 wrote:
My brother in law did this trip every month. From El Durzano, Zambrano you do in 45 minutes. From Tegucigalpa any part from the city and due traffic jam (no due a bad road since the road is a 4 lane highway) he did in 1hr30-1hr40 minutes to the new airport zone.


Airlines0613 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:

Seriously.

90 Kilometers in Central America is about a two-hour drive due to bad infrastructure.

So I was correct, 1.5-2 hour drive. There’s traffic everywhere do to poorly built and planned infrastructure.

It’s the same story at El Salvador. I fly to El Salvador every month and it takes me about 2-3 hours to travel 110Km and most roads are have 4 lanes.
 
toxtethogrady
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2000 12:33 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:35 am

Airlines0613 wrote:
What about DWH? It does have a 7,000+ ft runway, but it’s a private airport and lacks the infrastructure for commercial service. I still think it’s quite possible.


Not without a complete change in ownership. DWH has always been regarded as a problem airport.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 am

Chele737 wrote:
My brother in law did this trip every month. From El Durzano, Zambrano you do in 45 minutes. From Tegucigalpa any part from the city and due traffic jam (no due a bad road since the road is a 4 lane highway) he did in 1hr30-1hr40 minutes to the new airport zone.


Airlines0613 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:

Seriously.

90 Kilometers in Central America is about a two-hour drive due to bad infrastructure.


So it isnt one hour, its 1.5-2 hours which is what I would have expected having traveled the roads in Honduras.

Shutting down TGU would be a horrible idea. If NK wants to take a jab at XPL, its fine with their cost structure. The other airlines will fight tooth and nail to not be there.
 
NW
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:26 am

GreenCountry wrote:
Quick update on IAH construction projects:

-- Construction of the new Terminal D West pier is very much underway. Foundation work being done this month.
-- United will vacate the Terminal E ticket hall and security processing some time in August (for the duration of the rebuild/additions to the Terminal D/E Central Processor). Work has been ongoing in the Terminal C Ticket Hall/Security screening to provide for additional capacity in order to handle the Terminal E traffic.
-- United's baggage system rebuild is very much underway, including a new early bag storage facility being built over South Terminal Road.


Any update on terminal A bag room revamp and ticket counter move back (TSA machines moving to bag room)?
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 4295
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:05 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Chele737 wrote:
My brother in law did this trip every month. From El Durzano, Zambrano you do in 45 minutes. From Tegucigalpa any part from the city and due traffic jam (no due a bad road since the road is a 4 lane highway) he did in 1hr30-1hr40 minutes to the new airport zone.


Airlines0613 wrote:
90 Kilometers in Central America is about a two-hour drive due to bad infrastructure.


So it isnt one hour, its 1.5-2 hours which is what I would have expected having traveled the roads in Honduras.

Shutting down TGU would be a horrible idea. If NK wants to take a jab at XPL, its fine with their cost structure. The other airlines will fight tooth and nail to not be there.


I agree. NK probably got a great deal from the new airport and I believe pilots have to have a special certification to fly in/out of TGU - NK probably did not want to the spend money on training nor have the operational complexity involved in that either.
 
GreenCountry
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:01 pm

NW wrote:
GreenCountry wrote:
Quick update on IAH construction projects:

-- Construction of the new Terminal D West pier is very much underway. Foundation work being done this month.
-- United will vacate the Terminal E ticket hall and security processing some time in August (for the duration of the rebuild/additions to the Terminal D/E Central Processor). Work has been ongoing in the Terminal C Ticket Hall/Security screening to provide for additional capacity in order to handle the Terminal E traffic.
-- United's baggage system rebuild is very much underway, including a new early bag storage facility being built over South Terminal Road.


Any update on terminal A bag room revamp and ticket counter move back (TSA machines moving to bag room)?


The contract was approved and funded in August 2019. I haven't been able to find any updates beyond that (and I never go to Terminal A so cannot report if there is anything visible).
 
jplatts
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:48 pm

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of HOU in May 2021:
ABQ-HOU - 16829 passengers, 18852 seats, 89.27% load factor
ATL-HOU - 34499 passengers, 39911 seats, 86.44% load factor
AUS-HOU - 26850 passengers, 32413 seats, 82.84% load factor
BNA-HOU - 27540 passengers, 34225 seats, 80.47% load factor
BWI-HOU - 24542 passengers, 27045 seats, 90.75% load factor
CHS-HOU - 7700 passengers, 10304 seats, 74.73% load factor
CMH-HOU - 7680 passengers, 8742 seats, 87.85% load factor
CRP-HOU - 14689 passengers, 18161 seats, 80.88% load factor
CVG-HOU - 6939 passengers, 8294 seats, 83.66% load factor
DAL-HOU - 63932 passengers, 81105 seats, 78.83% load factor
DCA-HOU - 10016 passengers, 13013 seats, 76.97% load factor
DEN-HOU - 52397 passengers, 64891 seats, 80.75% load factor
DTW-HOU - 8485 passengers, 10114 seats, 83.89% load factor
ECP-HOU - 13855 passengers, 18139 seats, 76.38% load factor
ELP-HOU - 20001 passengers, 21009 seats, 95.20% load factor
FLL-HOU - 23026 passengers, 28166 seats, 81.75% load factor
GSP-HOU - 7065 passengers, 9250 seats, 76.38% load factor
HOU-HRL - 18652 passengers, 19911 seats, 93.68% load factor
HOU-IND - 11739 passengers, 13956 seats, 84.11% load factor
HOU-JAX - 7141 passengers, 9314 seats, 76.67% load factor
HOU-LAS - 41748 passengers, 46205 seats, 90.35% load factor
HOU-LAX - 27592 passengers, 30054 seats, 91.81% load factor
HOU-LGA - 9732 passengers, 10345 seats, 94.07% load factor
HOU-LGB - 7708 passengers, 10099 seats, 76.32% load factor
HOU-MAF - 13367 passengers, 19091 seats, 70.02% load factor
HOU-MCI - 10823 passengers, 12259 seats, 88.29% load factor
HOU-MCO - 41534 passengers, 46922 seats, 88.52% load factor
HOU-MDW - 42842 passengers, 49462 seats, 86.62% load factor
HOU-MEM - 7606 passengers, 9030 seats, 84.23% load factor
HOU-MIA - 27322 passengers, 35035 seats, 77.98% load factor
HOU-MKE - 7493 passengers, 9954 seats, 75.28% load factor
HOU-MSP - 6035 passengers, 10242 seats, 58.92% load factor
HOU-MSY - 38197 passengers, 42971 seats, 88.89% load factor
HOU-OAK - 13920 passengers, 15548 seats, 89.53% load factor
HOU-OKC - 20652 passengers, 24488 seats, 84.34% load factor
HOU-OMA - 8175 passengers, 10131 seats, 80.69% load factor
HOU-PHX - 37175 passengers, 46358 seats, 80.19% load factor
HOU-PNS - 9897 passengers, 13350 seats, 74.13% load factor
HOU-RNO - 3047 passengers, 4388 seats, 69.44% load factor
HOU-RSW - 5449 passengers, 9858 seats, 55.27% load factor
HOU-SAN - 16706 passengers, 19588 seats, 85.29% load factor
HOU-SAT - 25655 passengers, 29363 seats, 87.37% load factor
HOU-SAV - 6080 passengers, 8866 seats, 68.58% load factor
HOU-SJU - 7657 passengers, 9826 seats, 77.93% load factor
HOU-SLC - 7051 passengers, 10370 seats, 67.99% load factor
HOU-SMF - 1550 passengers, 1718 seats, 90.22% load factor
HOU-SNA - 7103 passengers, 8866 seats, 80.12% load factor
HOU-SRQ - 5060 passengers, 8866 seats, 57.07% load factor
HOU-STL - 20718 passengers, 24680 seats, 83.95% load factor
HOU-TPA - 21544 passengers, 24565 seats, 87.70% load factor
HOU-TUL - 14469 passengers, 17906 seats, 80.81% load factor
HOU-TUS - 7530 passengers, 9299 seats, 80.98% load factor
 
jplatts
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:50 pm

Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of IAH in May 2021:
BNA-IAH - 13152 passengers, 24882 seats, 52.86% load factor
DAL-IAH - 16573 passengers, 39325 seats, 42.14% load factor
DEN-IAH - 12682 passengers, 18447 seats, 68.75% load factor
IAH-LAS - 1254 passengers, 1430 seats, 87.69% load factor
IAH-MCO - 1054 passengers, 1430 seats, 73.71% load factor
IAH-MDW - 13683 passengers, 17875 seats, 76.55% load factor
IAH-MSY - 14899 passengers, 25311 seats, 58.86% load factor
IAH-PHX - 755 passengers, 1430 seats, 52.80% load factor
 
hohd
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:08 pm

The growth from IAH has been impressive. DAL load factor is low, probably many in IAH use DAL primarily only for connections, rest drive for those who need to go to Dallas. I guess next cities to be added at IAH, could be BWI and may be OAK.
 
jplatts
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:38 pm

hohd wrote:
The growth from IAH has been impressive. DAL load factor is low, probably many in IAH use DAL primarily only for connections, rest drive for those who need to go to Dallas. I guess next cities to be added at IAH, could be BWI and may be OAK.


I agree that WN adding IAH-BWI nonstop service is a possibility, especially with BWI being one of the top destinations traveled to from HOU on WN that WN doesn't currently serve nonstop from IAH along with the connecting opportunities that would be there to some Northeastern U.S. destinations that WN doesn't currently serve nonstop from Houston.

WN adding IAH-ATL/LAX/STL nonstop service are also possibilities with ATL, LAX, and STL being three of the top destinations traveled to from HOU on WN that aren't currently served nonstop from IAH along with the connecting opportunities that would be there through ATL, LAX, and STL on WN.
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6432
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 pm

Looks like of all the UA CRJ services started from IAH, only JLN will remain. ABI, CHA, SJT, and TLH all cut.
 
Delta28L
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:04 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Looks like of all the UA CRJ services started from IAH, only JLN will remain. ABI, CHA, SJT, and TLH all cut.


JLN is EAS contract
 
jplatts
Posts: 4715
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:19 pm

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of HOU and IAH in June 2021:
ABQ-HOU - 16751 passengers, 18346 seats, 91.31% load factor
ATL-HOU - 35224 passengers, 39800 seats, 88.50% load factor
AUS-HOU - 32039 passengers, 38235 seats, 83.79% load factor
BNA-HOU - 28734 passengers, 34063 seats, 84.36% load factor
BUR-HOU - 5930 passengers, 7438 seats, 79.73% load factor
BWI-HOU - 23577 passengers, 25820 seats, 91.31% load factor
CHS-HOU - 7045 passengers, 9158 seats, 76.93% load factor
CLT-HOU - 1193 passengers, 1272 seats, 93.79% load factor
CMH-HOU - 7828 passengers, 8836 seats, 88.59% load factor
CRP-HOU - 16450 passengers, 19441 seats, 84.61% load factor
CVG-HOU - 5725 passengers, 6836 seats, 83.75% load factor
DAL-HOU - 69798 passengers, 84327 seats, 82.77% load factor
DCA-HOU - 13031 passengers, 14443 seats, 90.22% load factor
DEN-HOU - 49423 passengers, 57210 seats, 86.39% load factor
DTW-HOU - 7070 passengers, 8089 seats, 87.40% load factor
ECP-HOU - 11658 passengers, 17006 seats, 68.55% load factor
ELP-HOU - 17252 passengers, 18581 seats, 92.85% load factor
FLL-HOU - 23017 passengers, 26755 seats, 86.03% load factor
GSP-HOU - 8353 passengers, 9653 seats, 86.53% load factor
HOU-HRL - 21511 passengers, 23802 seats, 90.37% load factor
HOU-IND - 8655 passengers, 9807 seats, 88.25% load factor
HOU-JAN - 11876 passengers, 17992 seats, 66.01% load factor
HOU-JAX - 8235 passengers, 9508 seats, 86.61% load factor
HOU-LAS - 39876 passengers, 44338 seats, 89.94% load factor
HOU-LAX - 25353 passengers, 27303 seats, 92.86% load factor
HOU-LGA - 9456 passengers, 10044 seats, 94.15% load factor
HOU-LGB - 7820 passengers, 9369 seats, 83.47% load factor
HOU-LIT - 788 passengers, 858 seats, 91.84% load factor
HOU-MAF - 17190 passengers, 21896 seats, 78.51% load factor
HOU-MCI - 8903 passengers, 9741 seats, 91.40% load factor
HOU-MCO - 38757 passengers, 42952 seats, 90.23% load factor
HOU-MDW - 41056 passengers, 45849 seats, 89.55% load factor
HOU-MEM - 7706 passengers, 8456 seats, 91.13% load factor
HOU-MIA - 25389 passengers, 33380 seats, 76.06% load factor
HOU-MKE - 6158 passengers, 7613 seats, 80.89% load factor
HOU-MSP - 5063 passengers, 7231 seats, 70.02% load factor
HOU-MSY - 37614 passengers, 46019 seats, 81.74% load factor
HOU-OAK - 16511 passengers, 18749 seats, 88.06% load factor
HOU-OKC - 22590 passengers, 25099 seats, 90.00% load factor
HOU-OMA - 7603 passengers, 8887 seats, 85.55% load factor
HOU-ONT - 5007 passengers, 5485 seats, 91.29% load factor
HOU-PHL - 1211 passengers, 1272 seats, 95.20% load factor
HOU-PHX - 41145 passengers, 46016 seats, 89.41% load factor
HOU-PIT - 1100 passengers, 1144 seats, 96.15% load factor
HOU-PNS - 8579 passengers, 10966 seats, 78.23% load factor
HOU-RDU - 1258 passengers, 1400 seats, 89.86% load factor
HOU-RNO - 4694 passengers, 6597 seats, 71.15% load factor
HOU-RSW - 6168 passengers, 8219 seats, 75.05% load factor
HOU-SAN - 17509 passengers, 19383 seats, 90.33% load factor
HOU-SAT - 33849 passengers, 39018 seats, 86.75% load factor
HOU-SAV - 7252 passengers, 8996 seats, 80.61% load factor
HOU-SJC - 7589 passengers, 8368 seats, 90.69% load factor
HOU-SJU - 8405 passengers, 9653 seats, 87.07% load factor
HOU-SLC - 8580 passengers, 9847 seats, 87.13% load factor
HOU-SMF - 5383 passengers, 5820 seats, 92.49% load factor
HOU-SNA - 5908 passengers, 6324 seats, 93.42% load factor
HOU-SRQ - 6064 passengers, 8819 seats, 68.76% load factor
HOU-STL - 22430 passengers, 26409 seats, 84.93% load factor
HOU-TPA - 23975 passengers, 26951 seats, 88.96% load factor
HOU-TUL - 14674 passengers, 16946 seats, 86.59% load factor
HOU-TUS - 7976 passengers, 9096 seats, 87.69% load factor
HOU-VPS - 789 passengers, 1144 seats, 68.97% load factor

BNA-IAH - 17237 passengers, 24702 seats, 69.78% load factor
DAL-IAH - 23818 passengers, 46079 seats, 51.69% load factor
DEN-IAH - 19045 passengers, 24433 seats, 77.95% load factor
IAH-LAS - 7187 passengers, 8172 seats, 87.95% load factor
IAH-MCO - 8320 passengers, 9886 seats, 84.16% load factor
IAH-MDW - 15228 passengers, 17996 seats, 84.62% load factor
IAH-MSY - 16052 passengers, 30898 seats, 51.95% load factor
IAH-PHX - 2732 passengers, 3562 seats, 76.70% load factor
IAH-TPA - 1641 passengers, 2098 seats, 78.22% load factor
 
x1234
Posts: 1137
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Does anyone know when Air China is coming back to IAH?
 
bravotango75
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:58 pm

x1234 wrote:
Does anyone know when Air China is coming back to IAH?

Probably never...
 
AAIL86
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:00 am

Re: Houston (IAH/HOU) Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:53 am

For those who missed it, LH is operating the 747-8 to IAH as of Sep 1.
Flew this bird last week myself in from Frankfurt, it was a mighty nice ride.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos